Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion: The apple was poisoned?!

• Start Topic

I love Hook's song! Colin's singing voice seems different from other songs I've heard him sing. I wonder why. I may need to do some youtube research. For science. ;-)

But it's a shame they're spoiling the musical.

• Love 3

I'm finally excited about something on the show!!!!  Hook's song and the dancing pirates was great!  I do wonder if he broke his foot jumping down from that table repeatedly?  I sprained my ankle last week just stepping of a step weird so I can imagine a small jump like that could go some damage.

I don't really care about the Charmings meeting Hook and the retcon on it because Colin's singing is so awesome.

"The gold in your sack, well it isn't worth Jack...I should make you fools go walk the plank!"

Oh, YESSSS.

That number was well worth 6 seasons of writers' mediocrity.

oh, YES YES YESSSS.

Ha!!

• Love 5
2 hours ago, scenicbyway said:

I'm finally excited about something on the show!!!!  Hook's song and the dancing pirates was great!  I do wonder if he broke his foot jumping down from that table repeatedly?  I sprained my ankle last week just stepping of a step weird so I can imagine a small jump like that could go some damage.

He said in an interview he broke it on the bit where he steps on the chair and tilts it over.

(edited)
49 minutes ago, Souris said:

He said in an interview he broke it on the bit where he steps on the chair and tilts it over.

Sadly, the clip they chose of Colin tipping the chair over isn't even a good camera angle. During the part where you can see him tip the chair, his back is turned to the camera so that easily could have been a stunt double instead. And then the quick cut to Colin lowering to the ground after that shot is awkwardly short like it was an editing mistake. Also, you can't even see his feet in the shot where you see his face, so in the end, it wasn't even worth breaking his foot.

Edited by Curio
  • Love 5

Okay, the singing snob approves. I might be able to survive the episode

4 hours ago, Souris said:

It's probably a lot harder to sing with an adjusted tone than talk like he does with a lower tone for the part, so they just went with his natural singing tone.

Speaking voice isn't necessarily an indication of vocal range. I've got a relatively low speaking voice but am a lyric soprano, and I know an operatic tenor who has a low speaking voice, and a baritone with a fairly high speaking voice. I would say that Colin's singing voice does sound like his speaking voice. He just has a really strong upper register. It sounds like we've got ourselves a good Irish tenor. But I may need to hear more. For science.

Why do they need a ship to get to the Evil Queen's castle? Isn't it fairly landlocked, in walking distance from everything else?

• Love 7
(edited)

Some quotes from A&E from an interview about musical episode.

Horowitz: Look at Beauty and the Beast, for example, and a song like “Be Our Guest.” That song is perfect for that story in that movie and those characters, but to try to shoehorn that into our show, that’s not the story we’re telling.

But you had no problem shoehorning that ballroom dance into the show, eh?  

Kitsis: So for Emma, we’ve spent six seasons watching her slowly bring her walls down

Uh, you forgot "and up and down and up and down and up and down"

What have been highlights of this past season for you?

Kitsis: It was fun to do Aladdin and Jasmine and a magic carpet ride. It’s great for us to see the six seasons and the history of the show really start to pay off. I loved watching the evil queen face herself and move on. I loved watching Rumpelstiltskin put his child first.

Is blatant retcons how "the history of the show... start to pay off"?  Of course you mention EQ and Rumple woobification as your favorites.  Couldn't tell you cared about Aladdin and Jasmine... replace "do" with "destroy", and you'd have it just about right.  

What do you feel has been the overarching theme this year for the show?

Kitsis: I think the main one has been about belief. The belief that things can get better. The belief that you can get better. Believing in magic and believing in help, and I think the finale really is going to illustrate that.

Horowitz: Yeah, I’d agree with that. I’d say that there’s a surprising amount of strength and fortitude you need to have belief in anything. And it really comes to a head at the end of the season.

The entire season Emma believed she was going to die and the last episode ended with The Black Fairy saying she was going to die.  Yeah, things can get better.  Believing in magic?  Didn't it always have a price?  Just believe, don't do anything proactive about it... great message, guys.  Really reflects how you write the show.

Edited by Camera One
  • Love 5

The overarching theme for his year has been belief? It's been about the viewer's misguided belief that sitting through all the character-destroying retcons and BS plots will be worth something, I guess.

Btw, I'm in love with Hook's song. It's great!

• Love 8

When the fuck did The Assy One aka Rump put his child, or ANYONE ELSE, first?!? 

And Aeriel and Jasmine did the magic carpet ride, not Jaladdin.  

• Love 2
53 minutes ago, Tiger said:

When the fuck did The Assy One aka Rump put his child, or ANYONE ELSE, first?!? 

Yes -- while I think they sometimes overdo Regina and her angst, I do get the impression she does in her flawed way care about other people and shown remorse or concern when one of the Charmings are in trouble.  I have never once thought Rumple has regretted any of his actions except due to how they have cost him Belle or one of his sons, who are basically possessions to him.  If someone is in trouble and it does not concern him, he could care less if they perish.

I not only am ready for him to be written out but I don't want him to have a redemption death where everyone is praising how he was good when it mattered and was a good man after all.  He has had multiple chances to do the right thing and he chooses power every time except for when he is cornered and has no choice to do the right thing.  Just because he loves his wife and sons does not make him a good man.  He would not sacrifice anything for someone he did not view as an extension of himself.  He does not even care about his grandson or how his actions affect him or his family.

• Love 8

I actually really like Hook's song! I was so afraid the whole episode was going to be cringeworthy but now I know there's at least one catchy song - which was spoiled of course. Although I am annoyed that it seems like the actual bride and groom have the least amount of songs in the entire musical! I'm also annoyed that a lot of it seems to be taking place in flashbacks - so how do the songs from flashbacks tell us anything about the characters? We already know how they feel back then - Hook wants revenge, Regina wants to kill Snow, Zelena is wicked blah blah blah. Only Emma appears to actually have a present song about her current feelings (which I'm glad about but it's such a waste for everyone else).

11 hours ago, Camera One said:

What have been highlights of this past season for you?

Kitsis: It was fun to do Aladdin and Jasmine and a magic carpet ride. It’s great for us to see the six seasons and the history of the show really start to pay off. I loved watching the evil queen face herself and move on. I loved watching Rumpelstiltskin put his child first.

Is it telling that their highlights were actually the parts of the season I didn't give a crap about?

• Love 6
12 hours ago, Shanna Marie said:

Why do they need a ship to get to the Evil Queen's castle? Isn't it fairly landlocked, in walking distance from everything else?

Is Misthaven landlocked?  Otherwise, why don't they have a Royal Navy and a ship of their own rather than having to go to a pirate to barter for passage?  (And I guess a regular merchant vessel would have been out of the question cause that would have been too reputable for the King and Queen, amiright?)

Horowitz: Look at Beauty and the Beast, for example, and a song like “Be Our Guest.” That song is perfect for that story in that movie and those characters, but to try to shoehorn that into our show, that’s not the story we’re telling.

No shit.

40 minutes ago, RulerofallIsurvey said:

Is Misthaven landlocked?

They have a port city. But every time we've seen Regina's castle, it's been totally surrounded by land. They walked/used a wagon to get from Midas's castle to Regina's castle in the time travel episode. They walked to the castle when they were returned in the missing year. Even if they're coming from George's castle, David and Kathryn went by coach from George's castle to Midas's castle. So unless the musical number tavern is a different Ye Olde Tavern, maybe in a totally different part of the world that Snow and David are in for Reasons, they shouldn't need a ship to get to Regina. Or is Regina in a different place at that time and hasn't come back to Castle Knifington?

• Love 2

Ok, since I am mostly detached from the show I am waiting for all the spoiler from the screening. Honestly, it is really more relax to not caring that much for integrity of the show or the characters.

In fact, I really believe the biggest moment of the final will be a Rumbelle tlk ( the Beast will die) and the original Savior will be resurrected. And, that fine with me. I realized they just use Hook as the pirate mascot, Emma as bait for claiming to tell a heroine journey and cs just because they are popular and are not totally stupid.

So, I will just enjoying the little I still like, skip the rest celebrate the dead of Once classic and will judge the  new Once on his own taste. 

• Love 3

from TV Line interview 

TVLINE | How have those past weddings gone?
MORRISON | Fine, I guess. [Laughs] But this is the first time I’ve actually said vows.

I did wonder if they even got to say them..of course they could cut them. Would they be that cruel? 

TVLINE | Watching the group dance number, I felt like this is the happiest Emma has let herself be. In the past it’s always, “I’m happyish, but….”
MORRISON | A lot of the song that we shot yesterday (Morrison’s solo, titled “Emma’s Theme”) is about Emma getting to that place in her life, which I think kind of marks the final transformation from ugly duckling to swan. She overcomes the last of her fears and baggage, and realizes that this song has been within her, her whole life, and it holds a power that she didn’t realize.
O’DONOGHUE | In [the group number] or the previous scene that we filmed, it’s all happiness. There’s no negative aspect. They know that what’s going to happen is going to happen, and they don’t care. They’re just expressing how much they love each other,

so what? They know they're about to get cursed and they're just dancing and singing?

(edited)

I have mixed feelings about all new music, since it really depends on whether the songs are catchy and good.  It's the composer/lyricist of "Cinderella III", which is a little underwhelming but they actually did come up with one or two good songs in that movie.  

I guess they wanted to keep things more serious, but singing song lyrics to the melody of well-known Disney tunes (something like this parody with Dimitri from "Anastasia") could also have worked.  I kinda wanted to see Snow and Charming sing their well song.  I'm sorry but who the hell cares about the Season 6 plotline.

Edited by Camera One
  • Love 1

Well, actually everything sounds fine by me.

It is Emma centric so not too much focus on the EQ and snowing tour.

CS have a good amount of focus, the vows are not the duet. I know what I wanted and for me I am sure to mostly be satisfy even if like always the moment are care will be short at least the little of it sounds beautiful!

I didn't care for Regina spoiler but I read that some actors was obviously not singer and she is the most likely candidate.  Cancel be Jen and Colin we already heard them and Josh is also trained professionnaly. And, well as usual I don't really care for her number anyway!

• Love 1
(edited)

Heads-up: There are some spoilers going around from somebody who has been known to make up spoilers before. The original person seems to be just embellishing things we know from previous spoilers and making some assumptions based on that. Somebody picked up their info, posted it and you know how fandom is -- spoilers get passed around in 0.0002 seconds and nobody knows what the source actually is. There's apparently nothing in the flashbacks about CS being destined except for that bit we already saw where Snow touched her stomach after Hook mentioned destiny, at least from what I've been told. As always, third-hand info is take it for what it's worth!

More info is starting to come out.

But CSers I trust who actually were there loved it. And an SQer loved it! How often do those two sentences coexist?

Edited by Souris
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, Souris said:

Heads-up: There are some spoilers going around from somebody who has been known to make up spoilers before. The original person seems to be just embellishing things we know from previous spoilers and making some assumptions based on that. Somebody picked up their info, posted it and you know how fandom is -- spoilers get passed around in 0.0002 seconds and nobody knows what the source actually is. There's apparently nothing in the flashbacks about CS being destined except for that bit we already saw where Snow touched her stomach after Hook mentioned destiny, at least from what I've been told. As always, third-hand info is take it for what it's worth!

More info is starting to come out.

But CSers I trust who actually were there loved it. And an SQer loved it! How often do those two sentences coexist?

I suspected those were fakes as well. But I had a chat with a person whom was there on Twitter and asked if what the person posted was true and she confirmed they all were true. 

tumblr_opd95d1HdM1qf5hjqo1_540.png

tumblr_opd95d1HdM1qf5hjqo2_1280.png

• Love 1
29 minutes ago, Inquirer said:

Adam dodged the question, but his answer is probably Henry and Rumple.

For Adam, it's probably Isaac and Rumple. ;-p

• Love 1
(edited)

I'm glad to hear so many people saying positive things about the musical. For me, knowing what happens helps set expectations. I'm just cautiously optimistic about the musical, but not too interested in the finale.

So from what I understand there was a lot of Henry being a "cheerleader" for Emma in this episode. And it seems like this continues into the finale. As someone who can only handle Henry in very small doses, I'm underwhelmed. Everything about the finale feels like a complete retread of things we've already seen: Henry being the biggest believer ever trying to convince Emma of the truth, Emma's parents and Hook wisked away to another realm, Hook separated from Emma and working to get back to her (I mean this JUST happened a couple eps ago!), Emma reunited with Hook & her family on Main St, Emma battling Gideon in the middle of the street while her family stands around and watching. YAWN. I'm sure the happily ever after montage will be cute, but otherwise I just don't see anything to get excited about.

And I'm not her biggest fan, but does Regina even have a storyline in these last three eps?

Edited by Kktjones
  • Love 3

Hook and rumple share a scene in the musical and it sounds the conflict is back.

Rumple seems to align himself with his mother. I have problems to really knows  the eng game for Rumple. I know Rumbeller are now convinced theimselve that rumple will be the biggest Savior but it's not realistic (minimum rumple, Emma and Henry) will all have a major role to play.

In now the addition of the Hook rumple conflicts I can see him stay more in the anti hero department or even his sacrifice. 

2 minutes ago, maryle said:

Rumbeller are now convinced theimselve that rumple will be the biggest Savior but it's not realistic

I donno man. I feel like Rumple will end up having the same role as he did in the 3A finale, where he kills his parent to stop/break the Dark Curse. From what I remember of the spoilers for the Final Battle, Gidiot blasts Emma but she survives. Maybe it's part of a plan so she'll lose her savior status, and it gets transferred back to Rumple. That way, he'll die a hero's death, and Belle will cry about how good he always was, etc.. 

• Love 4

I totally think rumple will have the big wow! moment too. Maybe, finally let go of the dark curse!! So, it's not a complete repeat but it's different than believe he will single handed the BF. 

I think Emma, Rumple and henry will probably be a team.

P s I am a bitter that cs are separated again and Snow and Charming are probably not factoring much.

Regina are already enough of everything this year so don't care and really don't understand why jaladin are in the final at all.

38 minutes ago, Rumsy4 said:

I donno man. I feel like Rumple will end up having the same role as he did in the 3A finale, where he kills his parent to stop/break the Dark Curse. From what I remember of the spoilers for the Final Battle, Gidiot blasts Emma but she survives. Maybe it's part of a plan so she'll lose her savior status, and it gets transferred back to Rumple. That way, he'll die a hero's death, and Belle will cry about how good he always was, etc.. 

Yup that's pretty much what I think is going to happen.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Rumsy4 said:

Based on filming spoilers, Gidiot (hee, who came up with that name??) actually stabs Emma like in her vision. Then there's some sort of big effect (probably her Savior-ness being removed from her), she collapses, Henry runs up and kisses her on the forehead and she gets up. I never could find out any info about what happens to Gidiot after that. He seemed to disappear from the photos. There was some speculation that it was really Rumple disguised as Gidiot, but that was just spec.

• Love 1

After reading the detailed synopsis of the musical episode...why again is this not the finale? It seems like the perfect amount of uplifting joy mixed with fun entertainment but also with an ominous ending to entice people for next season. Anything after this Sunday's episode will be anticlimactic falling action. Just like the Season 5 finale seemed more like the unofficial Season 6 premiere, I'm categorizing the Season 6 finale as Season 7's unofficial premiere.

• Love 5

Well, yeah it's when the two Newby will enter. After, read  the latest interviews I still believe they will take the center stage next year with the veterans pop up. A and E. want their own star wars franchise but my biggest problem is with how unoriginal their plot are.  They are the problem not the characters!

I find funny how everyone is cs have everything but the reality I can't remember the last heavy centric they got like OQ, snowing, Rumbelle mostly all their biggest episode are share with others.

• Love 1
25 minutes ago, Curio said:

After reading the detailed synopsis of the musical episode...why again is this not the finale? It seems like the perfect amount of uplifting joy mixed with fun entertainment but also with an ominous ending to entice people for next season. Anything after this Sunday's episode will be anticlimactic falling action. Just like the Season 5 finale seemed more like the unofficial Season 6 premiere, I'm categorizing the Season 6 finale as Season 7's unofficial premiere.

Because it's a stunt musical episode. I don't know how well that would play as a finale. But you are right, it sounds like fun, which this show has definitely been lacking lately.

• Love 1
(edited)

I really like the music, even though Regina grosses me out. I laughed out loud when the different characters were annoying the crap out of her. I guess we're supposed to find it entertaining that she killed two guards for no reason?

Edited by KingOfHearts
  • Love 1

I just finished listening to Regina's song and I can't even remember the melody. It's not as catchy or memorable as "Revenge" or Snow and Charming's duet.

(edited)

To be honest, as a musician, I haven't been so excited for an episode of this show in a long time. I think the writers remembered they were writing Disney characters, if just for a split second.

Edited by KingOfHearts
  • Love 1
(edited)

Not working for me at all!

Lana is not pleasing to heard!

Thought that she was trying emulate Madonna (like a Virgin)

The move with the mirror!! Really? The ensemble is good; . Granny can sing!

But, won't buy the this song. Because the number need all the cremage to make it good.

Hook revenge I can listen over and over.

Edited by maryle
  • Love 1