Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E10: Atonement

Emily Thorne's deadliest secret is exposed. Jack is conflicted between two women: Emily, and a new lady in his life. Meanwhile, Southern flair comes to East Hampton, courtesy of Nolan and Louise.

Promo

Sneak Peek

Edited by Jiggle Billy
  • Love 1

Well, shit. I wasn't expecting them to kill Daniel, but my boyfriend told me that JB has been wanting out of his contract for a while now. I guess the second half of the season will be the fallout from that, which isn't super interesting, but I'll keep watching. 

• Love 4

Another good episode. I called Daniel's death as soon as they started walking down memory lane and redeeming him. Im glad that Victoria loses again but it sucks that she's not going to take responsibility for sending Black's daughter after Emily in the first place. But what else is new?

And was David actually going to kill Victoria? Maybe he's not a waste of space after all lol

Edited by Dream Boy
  • Love 7

Well, I'll stick around for the funeral...then I'm only watching if they promise that Nolan will finally get laid, preferably by one of his poolboys at his club.

Here's hoping that Josh finds better work soon (Hey he'd fit in awesomely on Agent Carter or A.O.Shield. There's always room for hottie actors in the Marvel universe). At least in his swan song, they finally gave him some decent material to go out on, and if nothing else....Emily and Daniel at the end admitted that they really did care about each other.

• Love 2

Conrad! I've missed you! And dammit, Daniel, I will miss you too, your hate-flirting scenes with Emily were the highlight of the season.

Bitchin' fight scene with Emily and the fed. Especially the fall from the second floor onto the table, where Emily was unfortunately the one on the bottom with that landing. That looked painful.

So now what? We'll likely have a vengeful yet-to-be-seen Malcolm Black, whose daughter was just killed. Plus whatever is going on with Louise? I like Louise but I don't know if it's enough to care about the rest of her family. She's not near as interesting when she's not obsessing about Victoria and playing with photoshop.

• Love 4

Seeing Joshua Bowman's utter hotness was a highlight of Revenge. RIP, hot Daniel. He was a prick but so pretty. And now we won't have anymore snarky hate-flirting with him and Emily. That is a true loss.

Wait, so David was going to kill Victoria after weeks of sucking face with her? You know what, he's dumb and I don't care.

The Kate/Emily fight scene was pretty badass. Nice job, EVC and Poor Man's Olivia Wilde.

Edit: Just saw the promo for the Jan. 4 episode with the words "Goodbye Daniel" and "Hello New Year" in it. Proper punctuation is truly dead. Use commas.

Edited by CleoCaesar
  • Love 8
Daniel's death being all Victoria's fault I hope makes her suffer.

I don't think she'll see it that way. After the momentary lapse this episode, I predict she'll go back to lying to herself and put all the blame for Daniel's death on Emily, and their feud will escalate. She'll probably also rope in Margaux as an ally (otherwise I see no use for Margaux anymore).

I'm a little disappointed that Poor Man's Olivia Wilde (kudos to whomever came up with the name) didn't catch on to the unloaded gun. If Malcolm Black is the super-baddie they said he is, I'd expect his children to have had better training. Or at least to be able to realize that the gun was suddenly lighter.

Edited by chocolatine
  • Love 2

This episode pleasantly surprised me. I was expecting to loathe it and actually had a hate-post written in advance (because it was so obvious that Daniel was going to die). Although a little contrived, the ending did make me cry and thematically ended Daniel's arc really well. This episode gave me all the things the rest of the season has been missing- the glamorous party, the voiceover, the epic Alias-esque fight scene (seriously, there were moments from that fight which were taken straight out of Sydney vs Francie).

But the problem still remains that, as wonderful as this episode was, it really isn't going to produce enough momentum to drive the show forward for the rest of the season. It doesn't change the fact that there is no real narrative direction for them to go in anymore besides taking down "Malcolm Black" who remains bland and nebulous. Even his daughter, who had some great villain chemistry with Emily, died this episode.

I'll tune in for the funeral and the birth of Daniel's child (if the show can be arsed to time jump to winter for it) and maybe if they bring in a new male character who Emily actually has chemistry with (sorry Jack and Ben). But that aside I'm still probably going to quit down the line. I guess we'll see. Also I bet my left arm that Charlotte and Patrick won't be at their brother's funeral and there won't even be an explanation for it.

Edited by GuyAwks
  • Love 3

This episode pleasantly surprised me. I was expecting to loathe it and actually had a hate-post written in advance (because it was so obvious that Daniel was going to die). Although a little contrived, the ending did make me cry and thematically ended Daniel's arc really well. This episode gave me all the things the rest of the season has been missing- the glamorous party, the voiceover, the epic Alias-esque fight scene (seriously, there were moments from that fight which were taken straight out of Sydney vs Francie).

The Sydney-Francie is still the one I compare all TV girl fights to (woman fights? Somehow that sounds worse), and this one did acquit itself quite well by that standard.

Even though Daniel's death was foreshadowed throughout the episode, I was still hoping he'd survive and was surprisingly affected when he died. I'd like to see Margaux team up with Emily to seek revenge. 

• Love 2

But the problem still remains that, as wonderful as this episode was, it really isn't going to produce enough momentum to drive the show forward for the rest of the season. It doesn't change the fact that there is no real narrative direction for them to go in anymore besides taking down "Malcolm Black" who remains bland and nebulous. Even his daughter, who had some great villain chemistry with Emily, died this episode.

I don't think you're right.  David was going to kill Victoria.  She's pissed that her son died to save his daughter (conveniently overlooking the fact that she set in motion the entire sequence of events). 

A while back I posted the theory that David was pulling a long con from the start.  Looks like that's the case.  Taking down Malcolm will be one of the themes.  But I think the biggie will be David vs QV. 

• Love 1

So was anyone else half (or even mostly) expecting that David would fuck up and Belladonna himself?  Because  even now, knowing that he was planning to poison her before her little confession and likely still intends to kill her, I have zero confidence in his ability not be be an utter dumbass.

And yeah, the last several episodes have clearly been leading up to redeeming Daniel so that his death would be effecting,  And it was telegraphed from his conversation with Victoria that it was definitely him dying, so I was prepared.  But damned if they didn't get me.  He even (finally) mentioned shooting Emily.   I will miss their hate flirting.

And of course Victoria will conveniently forget that she's the one who set the events in Emily's home in motion and essentially tried to hand Emanda to Malcom Black.  Sure it was ostensibly to only to pay, but she also was not overly concerned that this person was super dangerous according to David and possibly would not stop at taking her money (as it appears was the intended case).  But next week and going forward it will be all "Daniel died saving Amanda and SHE MUST PAY!!!!!"   Just like Emanda is, in her mind, responsible for Conrad killing her true love Pascal, not to be confused with her her true love David or her true love Dominik the artist.

I do enjoy Nolan and Louise.  So long as she never hurts him, I'm cool with their Wonder Twins of Gossip friendship.  I assume her crazy Victoria obsession will somehow play in the second half of the season, which, fine so long as it doesn't involve her betraying Nolan for Vic.

Edited by RachelKM
  • Love 5

Well, it wasn't Charlotte. I won't miss Daniel, & the ending with Emily telling him she wasn't always acting just annoys the hell out of me. Remember when he shot you multiple times Emily? REMEMBER????? This better not be some kind "save Daniel" plot Emily thought up & it turns out he's not really dead.

Edited because I had more thoughts

I just realized that they have gotten rid of 3/4 of the Grayson family, & not one was gotten rid of because Emily got her revenge. The whole point of the show was her getting her revenge on the Graysons & the only one left is Victoria. WTH show, does anyone there remember season 1?

Edited by GaT
  • Love 2

When I saw the first Daniel flashback, I was so annoyed at his retcon as a conscientious guy with concern for other people. That plus his "I want to be a good dad" scene with Margaux was enough to make me realize that something was going to happen to him. Too bad when he and Emily were saying their goodbyes, he forgot to apologize for shooting her.

Good riddance to the FBI agent with the annoying voice. Two characters killed off in one week!

Edited by ElectricBoogaloo

So was anyone else half (or even mostly) expecting that David would fuck up and Belladonna himself? Because even now, knowing that he was planning to poison her before her little confession and likely still intends to kill her, I have zero confidence in his ability not be be an utter dumbass.

For that matter, why is David trying to kill Victoria NOW? Why not just let her die when she was electrocuted? What changed?

• Love 6

I was surprised to be saddened by Daniel's death. I'm glad both he and Emily acknowledged at the end that it hadn't all been a lie. Now Victoria just has more reason to hate Emily and she no longer has anyone being a voice of mild reason in her life (or anyone hating her in a way that actually bothers her). So just a lot more of the same, ultimately. I really think this show needs a paradigm shift, like Emily and Victoria needing to work together against a common enemy or something.... a frenemy story.

• Love 1

When I saw the first Daniel flashback, I was so annoyed at his retcon as a conscientious guy with concern for other people. That plus his "I want to be a good dad" scene with Margaux was enough to make me realize that something was going to happen to him. Too bad when he and Emily were saying their goodbyes, he forgot to apologize for shooting her.

It annoyed me a bit too, but not because it was a retcon exactly.  It was a retcon, but it was more of a reset to me than a new unheard of characteristic. The Daniel in the flash backs seemed slightly more like who I thought Daniel was in season 1A before they decided it wasn't him shot on the beach.  Prior to Daniel deciding to side with Conrad on national TV, Daniel has seemed like a basically decent, though somewhat week willed, person.  He was legitimately guilty over the car crash and trying to be better.  And he was upset to learn that Sarah or whatever her name was didn't get a decent settlement from the Graysons.  He also wanted to move to Paris and get the hell away from his family.

So this retcon, though a huge departure from who we've had for the better part of three seasons, is not impossible for me to accept the flashbacks as consistent with Daniel.  I always thought that when they decided to keep him alive the redirected him to align him with his family to give him something to do.  But I'm slightly irritated that they brought him back to that.  It seems like the death was sort of "Let's just go back and do what we should have done 3 years ago."

• Love 2

Farewell Daniel, and that girl we barely knew also went down, Victoria is going to be mad as hell, not only the girl she "hired" to go after Emanda killed her son, but also Daniel saved Emanda's life, if the Belladonna didn't this could almost send her to her grave. (can we anticipate when she's about to drink that wine that the phone will ring with the bad news?)

Another good episode. I called Daniel's death as soon as they started walking down memory lane and redeeming him.

Me too.  It was a sad moment, but it would have worked better if they had killed him off in season three like Josh Bowman originally wanted before his character became too much of an asshole.  I did like Emily telling him that not all of the relationship was a lie.  It was more than he deserved at that point, but still, nice.

• Love 1

If Nolan apologizes to Louise one more time, I'm going to reach through the TV and smack him. Does he now believe that she didn't try to murder [pregnant, as it turned out] Margaux? I can't even appreciate their campy antics because of the way he grovels every time he sees her, ever since her bullshit "you're just like all the other lying men" sob story. I get that the show is going to alternate him between men and women to remind us that he's bisexual, but if he's going to be such a moron then I wish he'd stick to guys as at least he's (mostly) aware of when they're trouble, whereas he gets completely snowed by the women he wants to rescue/bang.

Speaking of Louise, do we know who her brother is? If not, I'm wondering if it's really Malcolm. I've started zoning out when she talks but I recall her mentioning a cruel brother but didn't catch his name. And if that's not who he is, then why am I supposed to care about her or her shitty family?

Hey show, if you're going to spend the whole week promoting that you do death better than anyone, try not telegraphing the victim the entire episode. Unless the shocker was that the Fed got killed too?

• Love 1

I just realized that they have gotten rid of 3/4 of the Grayson family, & not one was gotten rid of because Emily got her revenge. The whole point of the show was her getting her revenge on the Graysons & the only one left is Victoria. WTH show, does anyone there remember season 1?

Yeah I don't think she's made any real direct headway on revenging against the Graysons. If S3 had been the end, then sure, but Victoria escaped that asylum with a quickness. 

I thought Nolan was just Gay not bisexual, so he's going there with Louise?

Wow little we know Margo is carrying the last of the Graysons! if Louise goes after her that's it!

(unless Conrad had more hidden children somewhere)

Nolan stated he was bi in season one when talking with Tyler.  Nolan was trying to suss out if Tyler was gay, straight, or gay for pay (Nolan had uncovered some info about Tyler and a possible sugar daddy) and mentioned that he was a "3 on the Kinsey Scale [him]self." A 3 is bi, equally attracted to both male and females.    But I don't think that they're going there with Nolise.  They seem to be going for a platonic, albeit flirty, vibe with them.

We know Victoria will never blame herself, even though she is to blame.  She will swear more revenge on Emily.  And please, show, don't ever have Victoria and Emily team up over anything.  Victoria deserves to die a horrible death.  I was hoping David had some kind of paralytic poison in that glass so he could smother her while she couldn't move, just like she did to Aiden.  It would have been sweet to see David revenge his daughter for once.  I'm hoping that is still coming.

• Love 1

Nolan stated he was bi in season one when talking with Tyler.  Nolan was trying to suss out if Tyler was gay, straight, or gay for pay (Nolan had uncovered some info about Tyler and a possible sugar daddy) and mentioned that he was a "3 on the Kinsey Scale [him]self." A 3 is bi, equally attracted to both male and females.    But I don't think that they're going there with Nolise.  They seem to be going for a platonic, albeit flirty, vibe with them.

I agree about the platonic, flirty vibe. But you never know.  They had him with Tyler in season one, then Padma (female) in season two (stupid story line), then Patrick last season, so this is a female season, if anything. 

I hope Louise is not related to Malcolm Black somehow (father, step father, brother?).  This show loves to do the "look who's related to who" thing.

Edited by SierraMist

(unless Conrad had more hidden children somewhere)

Conrad was supposed to have had a son from his previous (first) marriage and they even went so far as to announce his arrival for S3 in early spoilers but they swerved and gave Victoria her son instead.

Speaking of Connie, always nice to see those crazy arctic pools. Conrad had his faults, but being an entertaining silver fox wasn't one of them.

• Love 1

LOL, I had this same conversation about a week ago. I had forgotten about the females (like Padma) they had him with, which tells you how good the writing on this show has gotten.

Last time i shed a tear during this show was when Sammy died.  Felt surprisingly sad that Daniel was killed.  So who is Louise's brother?   I don't think Nolan knows the depths of Louise's crazy. I mean she is mentally ill.  See you at the funeral January 4th.

(edited)

Last time i shed a tear during this show was when Sammy died.  Felt surprisingly sad that Daniel was killed.  So who is Louise's brother?   I don't think Nolan knows the depths of Louise's crazy. I mean she is mentally ill.  See you at the funeral January 4th.

Lyman Ellis (played by Sebastian Pigott) is a politician.

Edited by Jiggle Billy
  • Love 2

Well, damn. This episode was something else. It's been a long time since I didn't fiddle around on my phone while watching. I'm kind of pissed they killed off Daniel.

I felt more sad about it than I ever thought I would.

I am so over David. He can't do anything right! How he fuck that up? He needs to get Emily to refresh him on those skills. And his dumb deer in the headights look is grating.

Victoria-Ugh! I am no mood for a season of her seeking revenge for Daniel's death, but I know that's what I'm going to get.

I still think Ben is shady as hell. Watch he ends up being Conrad's long lost son.

Emily/Amanda- Please wrap this shit up and move on.

Loved seeing old blue eyes....

• Love 3

I wonder if Victoria still has servants taking care of the beach house.  Do they drink the leftover glasses of wine that the Rich Folk leave lying around?  Is David going to rush back and dump out that glass?

Speaking of Louise, do we know who her brother is? If not, I'm wondering if it's really Malcolm. I've started zoning out when she talks but I recall her mentioning a cruel brother but didn't catch his name. And if that's not who he is, then why am I supposed to care about her or her shitty family?

Isn't he a Congressman?

Just when I start liking Daniel they kill him.

I couldn't agree more.  I never liked Daniel or found him hot until the Daniel/Emily elevator scene.  Shooting Emily was bad, but the comment about sterilizing her was his gift to the world - pretty much unforgivable.   But he really became so likeable.  I would hate to think that it's only because he knew he was leaving the show.  If he's been capable of this all along ....... shame on him.  Anyway, he made me tear up, which surprised me.

I knew as soon as they started redeeming Daniel that he was finished.  Too bad.  But he did request to get off the show.  Boo hoo. 

They telegraphed his death in a very heavy handed manner.  I was barely paying attention, but turned to my mom and said, "Yeah, Daniel's dying this episode".  Loved that he was redeemed a little.  Wish he would have thrown in an apology for shooting her.  Am absolutely relishing Victoria shrieking and throwing herself over his cold, dead body.  Second best thing next to Victoria's death.

I'm a little disappointed that Poor Man's Olivia Wilde (kudos to whomever came up with the name) didn't catch on to the unloaded gun.

The similarity was distracting, as was the J. Lo voice.

Damn this show for AGAIN dangling Victoria's death.  I was bouncing on the couch - " Do it!  Do it!  Do it!"

• Love 1

For that matter, why is David trying to kill Victoria NOW? Why not just let her die when she was electrocuted? What changed?

It would seem, that David was waiting to get the safe combination out of Victoria.  That happened after the electrocution.  I will forgive David everything if this is his protracted revenge on Victoria.

There is a thread in The Walking Dead that asks which five TV characters would you want with you in the Zombie Apocalypse.  I can't post a reply, because Emily is the only character I can think of.  I appreciate that EVC truly seems to have the strength and agility that Emily displays.

• Love 2

It would seem, that David was waiting to get the safe combination out of Victoria.  That happened after the electrocution.  I will forgive David everything if this is his protracted revenge on Victoria.

There is a thread in The Walking Dead that asks which five TV characters would you want with you in the Zombie Apocalypse.  I can't post a reply, because Emily is the only character I can think of.  I appreciate that EVC truly seems to have the strength and agility that Emily displays.

Aha, that's food for thought. If that indeed was what David was waiting for, then I may reevaluate my opinion that he's a moron.

I also like that Emily Van Camp is believable as a badass. Emily beats people up and I buy it. A character who's also like that is Kiera Cameron from Continuum, played by Rachel Nichols. The common thread with it being that both actresses are pretty tall and athletic enough, they can pull it off. And well, now that I'm thinking about it, half the characters on Banshee would be good in a zombie apocalypse.

• Love 1

I also like that Emily Van Camp is believable as a badass. Emily beats people up and I buy it. A character who's also like that is Kiera Cameron from Continuum, played by Rachel Nichols. The common thread with it being that both actresses are pretty tall and athletic enough, they can pull it off. And well, now that I'm thinking about it, half the characters on Banshee would be good in a zombie apocalypse.

Well, she is Agent Carter from SHIELD ...

I also like how Emily's body language changes, depending on her role.  In her role of rich socialite, she's well-dressed, feminine, graceful, etc.  In her "work clothes", it's like she just climbed out of her big rig.  She walks like a wrestler with her arms slightly outstretched, and I can almost picture a baseball bat or lead pipe in her hand.  She becomes menacing and intimidating.

• Love 3

I loved that episode. That was the show of old that I fell in love with.

Daniel's death was obvious a mile off but it was bloody fantastic to watch and I really thought his final moment with Emily was pretty heartbreaking too.

This episode was a good one for Daniel in the sense that he finally wanted to be a good man, acknowledged the horrible things he's done (shooting Emily) but as soon as Margaux decided to let him back in, he had to go and die.

David nearly poisoning Victoria is the most interesting thing he's done all season. Shame that Daniel's death and Victoria's own admission of guilt will probably stop any further murder attempts for the time being.

Nice seeing Conrad in flashbacks. Almost surprised that we didn't see Charlotte again too.

Loved the fight scene with Emily and Kate as well. The latter being Malcolm's daughter was a decent twist too.

Ben is not annoying when he's only relegated to one scene. Something for the second half of the season to take note of.

Nolan and Louise's scenes were a riot in this episode. I also liked Victoria and Margaux's one too.

I really hope this means that we'll have a more focused and gripping second half to this season, 8/10

Edited by darkestboy

I cried...real tears, for at least 4 minutes.  I always liked Daniel and kind of hand waved the shooting as he's pretty crazy when he's drunk and he's mostly a victim of his upbringing.  However it bugged the hell out of me that he did not mention his damn BABY in his last words...eww they made that all about Emily.

Not sure anyone's ever remarked on it but he can look a lot like Elvis...got the pouty face.  He was adorable dying. Sigh.

Too bad Conrad looked a little distorted in memory land, I wanted a full on close up of arctic pools!

Victoria/Stowe is looking bad, too thin and brownish makeup or something.

I love the observation of society Emily vs. hoodie Emily. I've noticed it but not so specifically. It does amaze me how well she does "look rich," especially when we haven't seen it for ages.

I see nowhere for this story to go now, though.

And David is absolutely repulsive to me. UGH....no charisma whatsoever and always dirty looking.  I do not even understand how Victoria can count him as true love!  All the others were at least some degree of hot.  And I count Patrick in there, sadly - that was so inappropriate.

I also agree that Nolan, who was looking spiff! at the party, is not realizing how crazy crazy chick is. And line of the night goes to Jack:  Geez, Nolan, you always focus on what's important.  hahahhaaaaa

I cried...real tears, for at least 4 minutes.  I always liked Daniel and kind of hand waved the shooting as he's pretty crazy when he's drunk and he's mostly a victim of his upbringing.  However it bugged the hell out of me that he did not mention his damn BABY in his last words...eww they made that all about Emily.

Not sure anyone's ever remarked on it but he can look a lot like Elvis...got the pouty face.  He was adorable dying. Sigh.

Too bad Conrad looked a little distorted in memory land, I wanted a full on close up of arctic pools!

Victoria/Stowe is looking bad, too thin and brownish makeup or something.

I love the observation of society Emily vs. hoodie Emily. I've noticed it but not so specifically. It does amaze me how well she does "look rich," especially when we haven't seen it for ages.

I see nowhere for this story to go now, though.

And David is absolutely repulsive to me. UGH....no charisma whatsoever and always dirty looking.  I do not even understand how Victoria can count him as true love!  All the others were at least some degree of hot.  And I count Patrick in there, sadly - that was so inappropriate.

I also agree that Nolan, who was looking spiff! at the party, is not realizing how crazy crazy chick is. And line of the night goes to Jack:  Geez, Nolan, you always focus on what's important.  hahahhaaaaa

David nearly poisoning Victoria is the most interesting thing he's done all season. Shame that Daniel's death and Victoria's own admission of guilt will probably stop any further murder attempts for the time being.

Since she's the only Grayson left on the show, that pretty much precludes her dying until the very last episode. So it's going to be a lot of David & Emily trying to either kill or destroy Victoria, & failing. Great sounding season. Not.

Daniels death was foretold very early, and I would rather if the circumstances leading to it were less convoluted.  But it was well played, Emily didn't love or even like him anymore; she didn't want to be partly involved/responsible in his death, but that's all.  So she didn't cry, she just told him it wasn't all fake...certainly the characters themselves miss S1 as much as the viewers do. 

Victoria still didn't get what Daniel was saying to her, that its about not making excuses, but just admitting and living with what you've done!  Yet she still decided to play the Kara Clarke card, which is unfortunate since I'm afraid it foretells the return of Emily's mother.  Since she fell for the white haired man, I wonder if she's also involved with Conrad Black today?  It's ridiculous that it was implied that David and Victoria could hear a gun going off inside Grayson manner from the infinity beach house.  Emily's job would have been a lot easier (no need to bug the manor in S1) if that was true and all the wind and waves didn't drown everything out. 

This was the best episode in absolutely ages.  However, I was quite sad that Daniel died.  I always kind of liked him even when he was 'bad'.  I always felt like some of his bad behavior was due to Emily's influence (yes, yes, I know that everyone is responsible for themselves).  I think he really did try (at least for the first part of the show).  And wow, was I happy to see Conrad.  Yes, I know, he's eeeevvviilll, but I just adore any scene that he is in.  I so don't want 'Malcolm Black' as the new villains they introduce are more boring than bad.

I was so happy that Emily finally seemed to be moving forward with a plan.  And, agreeing with others, her father doesn't deserve her.  Although I thought the role of Emily's mother was boring and ill conceived, David seems to be even more so.  He can't even kill someone...

Welp, I'm done with Revenge.

Yea . . . I think I'm going to make like Josh Bowman. This Maxwell whoever twist is just one too many for me. I was committed when I thought this would be the last season and they would wrap it up neatly. This just isn't the type of show concept that can continue to run indefinitely without getting tedious/ridiculous. Despite all the ridiculous personality shifts Daniel character has had to endure from the writers, I still enjoyed watching the character. 

Was I the only one hoping against hope that Jack would be the one to die instead?

• Love 1

That episode was the first one in months that i've actually watched from start to finish without skipping through parts. The girl fight scene was awesome, I've missed Emanda getting all fighty and shit.

I did enjoy Nolan and Louise.   

I enjoy these two as well, they have good chemstry. In fact, Gabriel Mann would have great chemistry interacting with a box of rocks, he's just so charismatic.

And was David actually going to kill Victoria? Maybe he's not a waste of space after all lol

I was waiting for him to somehow forget he spiked Victoria's drink and for her to take a sip after she'd confessed everything to him and then him yelling an overly dramatic "Nooooooo!!" as she took her first (and last) sip. LOL

I'm not getting too excited though as I'm sure the show will lapse back into it's usual boring drudge after Daniels' funeral.

He even (finally) mentioned shooting Emily.

Did he? I don't recall this. On his deathbed I just said, "Are you lying to me again?" and "I know, I know." I wish he'd apologized to Emily for shooting her, but everyone in the writers' room clearly forgot that ever happened.

• Love 1