Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E10: Atonement

Did he? I don't recall this. On his deathbed I just said, "Are you lying to me again?" and "I know, I know." I wish he'd apologized to Emily for shooting her, but everyone in the writers' room clearly forgot that ever happened.

Oh, he didn't mention it to Emily  He said it Victoria when he was listing his sins over the last few years. I too wish he'd apologized to Emily, but at least the show had him acknowledge it.  It was annoying me that none of his exchanges with her referenced this all season, so I appreciated that show didn't forget at least.  Granted there was no mention of his dick bag attitude about causing her to be sterile, but I'll take it.

• Love 2

I thought his death was emotional and fitting, there are for sure other things you can complain about regarding this show, especially when it comes to writing, but Daniel's death not being on of these...

This show is for sure not reknown for it's sophisticated and realistic plots, but in my opinion it created some of the best scenes and moments in drama that I have seen in last last few years, be it Aiden's death and the takedown of Victoria  in the last episode of season 3, Emily confessing to her father that she is Amanda Clarke in season 4 (same goes for the last episode of season 2 with Jack), and so on...i could definetly think of many more examples...

Revenge is driven by these moments and exceptional acting by EVC (I'm escpecially impressed by what she has done in season 4 so far), Madelaine Stowe, Henry Czerny (miss him) and to some degree Gabriel Mann....unfortunately the writing cannot compare with the level of acting...to some degree this show suffers because the original concept (Emily taking down people in a path of revenge) cannot be drawn out through so many season, and the writers  don't seem to be able to take the show in another direction (whith it still having a stringent plot)...in that context it reminds me a little bit of the fate of another great show that i loved to watch in it's first season : Prison Break....at least it didn't end so badly for Revenge, as I'm still glued to the screen...can't wait to see what somes next...

• Love 1

Well Daniel was my second favorite character on this show (admittedly for fairly shallow reasons), so it sucked to watch his - very telegraphed - death in this episode. 

EVC is pretty much the only reason I'll keep watching. In spite of the crap writing she does a wonderful job with Emily. 

The ratings aren't great this season, and while I'm ready for the show to end I want to see a happy ending of sorts so I hope they get the time to write that. 

• Love 1

@Misty79: I didn't mean to offend anybody with my post, and I hope I didn't...it is totally ok with me if somebody is sad about killing of one's favoritve character, even if it's just for fairly shallow reasons :), i just thought it was a little bit much to stop watching because of it. I also liked Daniel as a character and was sad to see him go, although I'm male (and into women :) ).

Well concerning a happy ending, I hope you don't get dissapointed, because as far as I know the tone of the show a truly happy ending wouldn't be fitting, i guess it will be somehow ambiguous at least, sending a message that revenge isn't the answer...or not, who knows... :)

Just when Daniel was getting interesting...and darn you Jack for distracting Victoria and David before she could drink the poison!

Kate - dumbest FBI agent ever if she couldn't tell the clip was not in her gun. She deserved to die just because of that stupidity, not to mention the evil dad stuff.

What is it about this show that a poor child cannot grow up with both parents? Seriously?  Carl and now unnamed Margaux baby? If you plan all along was to kill off Daniel, why even introduce the pregnancy as a plot? Really takes me out of the good things about this show, such as every scene Nolan is in, and Emily fighting just about anyone.  

OK, so the most interesting person in this episode was Victoria. I actually believe that something in her changed... or not?
Glad that agent Kate or whatever is gone.

Bye, Daniel. I guess you won't have hate sex with Emily after all.

Love yu Nolan :*

Loved the dress Emily was wearing at the party.

That satelite phone looked like a 10 year old cell phone :-\

I finally caught up.

Crap - I actually loved the hate-flirting with Emily and Daniel.

So bored with the rest of the show now... especially since Victoria will never take responsibility for setting these events in motion in the first place. And worse - she did it TWICE. I had a feeling (based on her actions) that it would be Daniel who died and I was right.

Too bad about JB - I know he wanted out - but I'm gonna miss his scenes with EVC.

They're still together though, right?

@peteinos: since it seems that David is still trying to kill Victoria, I think there is ironically a good chance that Emily will prevent him from doing so, not because she cares about her, but because she will be worried about her father. I mean Emily never killed someone with her own hands, but Victoria would be David's second kill since he returned to the Hamptons alone, who knows how many people he may have killed before that. Thank god that Emily already took revenge on nearly everybody that wronged David in a very sophisticated way, because David might have just killed one after the other, what a bodyount that would have been. :)

Altough the whole David is trying to kill Victoria seems like a little plothole to me. I mean if he knew all along that he was going to kill her his behaviour in the last few episodes just makes no sense. First of all, why would he go after Emily when Victoria painted her as an enemy, what did he have to gain with that if he was just playing Victoria all along (Victoria didn't even want him to go there). And when Emily confronted him with the pictures and confessed to him that she was Amanda, why the hell would he run after Victoria and reanimate her (even IF he would think that she deserves to be killed by HIM only), he was reunited sconds ago with his daughter (after about 20 years!), and then he leaves her there without a word to be with Victoria in the hospital, instead of taking the chance to get it done. And worst of all, even if he wanted to leave Amanda/ Emily out of this, why in god's name would he protect Victoria when Malcolm Black's guys attacked him. He would have been taken back to his worst enemy, probably never seeing his daughter again (after being reunited), just for the sake of Victoria being safe, so he could kill her later???

So i hope he didn't plan to kill her all along (he just changed his mind after he found out she painted his daughter as an enemy), or this storyline ist just a mess.

@nobody30 you ve got a point ! but i think that victoria should stay evil and the main antagonist of the series ,i find it  stupid to ally with emily in order to fight malcom black and in the end turn to good side

• Love 1

@peteinos: I cerntainly do think that Victoria will stay evil, I'm just glad that the pathetic "I'm so in love with David and want to start a new life" storyline seems to bee over. Now alle three of them have to figure out a way to team up against Malcolm Black, and Vicoria of course will, as always, betray everybody (not that anyone trusts her, but still), and eventually will gain power again in some way. And that's the point where it matters for Emily (and maybe David ) again to take her down finally once and for all.

I'm new to this show and only recently got caught up from season 1 to the most recent episode, but I have a question about Victoria. What is her deal with falling in love so easily? I mean she went from David was  a great love to betraying him to keep Daniel and her marriage to Conrad safe. Then it was Pascal who she said was trying to buy her and that she couldn't be bought. Only to have him give her the deed to the Hamptos home and suddenly she was his for the taking. Then, he was suddenly the love of her life - so much so that she murders Aiden because she blamed Emily for his death. Then she comes back to David being such a great love that she goes out of her way to keep him from his daughter only to find herself completely disgusted with him. All of the characters seem very uneven to me at this point, but Victoria seems to be the most uneven character so far, IMO.

Does it just seem that way because I have been watching the episodes back to back, or is Victoria written really unevenly?