Type keyword(s) to search

Real Housewives in the Media

Message added by PrincessPurrsALot,
  • Take discussions of individual housewives to their threads.
  • Watch your tone.
  • This is not the let's complain about who "ruined the show" thread.  Let's stick to media discussions. 
  • Start Topic

I have all the seasons on DVD with the exception of the shit show that was Leah’s last season.  I never watched the new housewives past 3-4 episodes.  I’ll just do a rewatch of the OG women occasionally.  Bravo ruined my favorite show.  I appreciate the OG’s more than ever before.

• Like 7
  • Applause 2
On 5/23/2024 at 12:56 PM, ButterQueen said:

I have all the seasons on DVD with the exception of the shit show that was Leah’s last season.  I never watched the new housewives past 3-4 episodes.  I’ll just do a rewatch of the OG women occasionally.  Bravo ruined my favorite show.  I appreciate the OG’s more than ever before.

I discovered RHONY late, but I fell in love with the show. It reminded me of Sex & the City seeing these female friends live their lives in New York City (a city I love to watch on TV if I can’t visit). The cast featured unique women. They were glamorous without being plastic like BH. They had organic drama and iconic scenes. It’s such a shame to just throw it all away and not do a cast shake-up instead. I appreciate the OGs more than ever too. 

• Like 6
11 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

I discovered RHONY late, but I fell in love with the show. It reminded me of Sex & the City seeing these female friends live their lives in New York City (a city I love to watch on TV if I can’t visit). The cast featured unique women. They were glamorous without being plastic like BH. They had organic drama and iconic scenes. It’s such a shame to just throw it all away and not do a cast shake-up instead. I appreciate the OGs more than ever too. 

Also, unlike other real housewives shows, they dealt with an issue and it was done, versus it beating the topic to death. They also seemed to be the most comfortable in being themselves without an over abundance of filters and cosmetic surgery.

Bravo overcorrected on 5e issue of the day, found a bad representative to deliver that message and when it bombed due to their stupidity they cancelled the show….

I’ve said for years that Bravo doesn’t do actual market research but bases their decisions on Twitter posts and the “story of the day”

• Like 8