Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E02: Who Stalked J.R.?

• Start Topic

Wow.  I guess I was watching a different show given some of the comments regarding Portia and Kyle's one comment regarding Portia.  So Portia asks can we go now, comments on something being on her seat and, asks if she has to buckle up and says it's hot.  This makes her a spoiled brat that somehow she is in the same category as Miliana?  What the heck is bratty about anything she said? 

As far as Kyle's TH, all she said is that Portia has grown up in a different environment than her sisters.  When the other girls were growing up, the family all stayed in one hotel room and she tried to get them cheaper tickets by declaring the girls were younger than they were.  She wants to keep Portia grounded with their present style of living.  Is this comment creating a 'storyline' for Kyle?  Or was it Kyle being asked by producers a question in her talking head?  I think the latter.

Being the youngest with sisters who are significantly older than her, sure, Portia is probably going to be treated differently.  She's absolutely going to be coddled a bit more. There's nothing unusual about that.  There's also nothing unusual about a six year old expressing herself (as can be seen in the next episode).    She's a normal six year old and the concerns of Kyle are totally normal, given their situation.  From what I've seen, Kyle and Mauricio are good parents and their children seem to be good kids.  Are kids perfect?  No.  Are parents perfect?  No.  But overall the family has a good relationship with one another.

Well said.  I don't think we have seen anything about Portia that would say she is a brat, but I have little doubt that she sometimes acts like a brat, which is the case for most 6 year olds from time to time. 

I actually like the storyline about how dramatically things changed for Kyle and Mauricio economically over the last few years, and the impact that might have on Portia. To me that is a real issue, not something that is made-up (I reserve the right to change my opinion if it becomes the mantra for the whole season). I think it is refreshing to hear someone in her situation actually admit to being concerned that perhaps her kids are getting too much too fast, and is it entirely a good thing before they are ready to understand what it all means? Their older kid completely seemed to get that the expensive car she received a couple of years ago was a huge deal; not an ordinary occurrence around their house. She was extremely appreciative. I can see a parent wondering if the younger kids that were becoming accustomed to such luxury would have the same appreciation for nice things and the hard work that was needed to secure them. 

As for using Kyle using Portia for a storyline, I am of  mixed emotions. In general they could just keep the kids off the show completely and I would be just as happy.  When the gals do use them (and most of them use their kids at some point as part of their story), it is much more concerning to me when they are teenagers.  I hated watching the Laurie story on the OC dealing with her sons drug addiction. Or watching Gia trying to process what was happening to her parents on the NJ show. The little kids don't particularly bother me so much. 

Edited by motorcitymom65
  • Love 6

Well said.  I don't think we have seen anything about Portia that would say she is a brat, but I have little doubt that she sometimes acts like a brat, which is the case for most 6 year olds from time to time. 

I actually like the storyline about how dramatically things changed for Kyle and Mauricio economically over the last few years, and the impact that might have on Portia. To me that is a real issue, not something that is made-up (I reserve the right to change my opinion if it becomes the mantra for the whole season). I think it is refreshing to hear someone in her situation actually admit to being concerned that perhaps her kids are getting too much too fast, and is it entirely a good thing before they are ready to understand what it all means? Their older kid completely seemed to get that the expensive car she received a couple of years ago was a huge deal; not an ordinary occurrence around their house. She was extremely appreciative. I can see a parent wondering if the younger kids that were becoming accustomed to such luxury would have the same appreciation for nice things and the hard work that was needed to secure them. 

As for using Kyle using Portia for a storyline, I am of  mixed emotions. In general they could just keep the kids off the show completely and I would be just as happy.  When the gals do use them (and most of them use their kids at some point as part of their story), it is much more concerning to me when they are teenagers.  I hated watching the Laurie story on the OC dealing with her sons drug addiction. Or watching Gia trying to process what was happening to her parents on the NJ show. The little kids don't particularly bother me so much. 

I don't think Kyle is using the Portia is spoiled as a storyline.  I think she spoke to it and moved on.  Her blog this week didn't even mention Portia so I think it is essentially an evergreen comment by Kyle that the producers chose to use.  I think the storyline with Kyle will be Mauricio's continuing success and her relationships with Brandi and Lisa V.  I will gladly eat my words if all of a sudden there is footage of Portia throwing temper tampers of the Milania type.  So far having a six year old say what Portia said did not raise cause a beep on my radar.

• Love 1

Perhaps it's because I don't give a crap about Kyle or Porshe but I think Kyle has invited us as viewers to make our judgments with her comments. I didn't see the child do any thing out of the realm of normal behavior but now every single scene will be called into question and judged. That's a storyline. Thanks, Kyle may you pay for your child's therapy for the rest of your life.

• Love 6
For now, I will just post this - Why the hell can't Lisa and YoFo pronounce the names of the women that work for them? Rocio is not pronounced with an "a" sound at the end of it. YoFo called Blanca, "Blanci" with a long "e" sound at the end. WTF?

I admit I don't quite get (or care about) "Rocia" but "Blanci" could easily just be an affectionate diminutive, which is not uncommon at all. Lots of people put a long e sound at the ends of names.

• Love 2
Oh, wait!  The funniest scene of all belonged to "perfect mommy," Kyle.  She isn't going to have a spoiled brat of a child!  No, sirree!  So she jets Portia off to Tahoe in a private plane for a weekend!  Fast forward to Portia at the age of 16, learning that some of her friends went camping with their families, while Portia looks down her nose and does an "Ewwww!  We took our getaways at Tahoe!"

But the family was going to Tahoe for the weekend, and they have the means to do so in a private plane. Are they supposed to just not go, or send Portia on her own in coach and a cab, simply because she may be an asshole in 10 years?

• Love 8

Oh God, Lisa can miss me with her latest blog. Now she is trying to claim that she was scandalized by Brandi outing Adrienne's surrogacy at the time:

Really, Lisa? That was why you were encouraging Brandi with all sorts of questions of Adrienne's wrongdoings and lies? That was why you adamantly defended Brandi the entire season? Your "realizations" are certainly weak-minded, if that is the case.

Heh. Lisa is nothing if not constant like the evergreen. I read that excerpt in her breathy, "concern troll" voice and had a good chuckle. The Adrienne matter was when Lisa realized who she was dealing with? Girl, bye. You only "realized" that being hitched to Brandi was not a good look once folks were scandalized last summer about the tampon pictures circulating the internet. Before that, both Lisa and Ken were twisting themselves into knots to defend everything Brandi did, what with Ken swooping in wearing a cape and getting pissed at Mauricio for *gasp* daring to question Brandi's claims. 

Wow.  I guess I was watching a different show given some of the comments regarding Portia and Kyle's one comment regarding Portia.  So Portia asks can we go now, comments on something being on her seat and, asks if she has to buckle up and says it's hot.  This makes her a spoiled brat that somehow she is in the same category as Miliana?  What the heck is bratty about anything she said? 

As far as Kyle's TH, all she said is that Portia has grown up in a different environment than her sisters.  When the other girls were growing up, the family all stayed in one hotel room and she tried to get them cheaper tickets by declaring the girls were younger than they were.  She wants to keep Portia grounded with their present style of living.  Is this comment creating a 'storyline' for Kyle?  Or was it Kyle being asked by producers a question in her talking head?  I think the latter.

Being the youngest with sisters who are significantly older than her, sure, Portia is probably going to be treated differently.  She's absolutely going to be coddled a bit more. There's nothing unusual about that.  There's also nothing unusual about a six year old expressing herself (as can be seen in the next episode).    She's a normal six year old and the concerns of Kyle are totally normal, given their situation.  From what I've seen, Kyle and Mauricio are good parents and their children seem to be good kids.  Are kids perfect?  No.  Are parents perfect?  No.  But overall the family has a good relationship with one another.

Yeah, I'm going to have to go back on my comment about this being a storyline for Kyle. This is probably why I should watch the episode first and not just riff based on biased opinions. *grin* This is to say that I agree completely with your take, breezy. Before I watched the episode, I had a different sense of what happened and thought, "Oh, it's likely a storyline." Seeing what actually transpired? I'm not getting "bratty Portia" or even "Kyle's creating a storyline" from it. 

• Love 3

But the family was going to Tahoe for the weekend, and they have the means to do so in a private plane. Are they supposed to just not go, or send Portia on her own in coach and a cab, simply because she may be an asshole in 10 years?

I know what my parents did when I would get sassy  - they'd tell me to stop being rude.  Kyle and Mauricio had a moment when they could have taught Portia that whining isn't acceptable, and that when Dad is speaking with the pilot, Portia needs to be patient and wait until the pilot is ready to fly the plane.   They could have taught her to politely ask for water if she's hot instead of just yelling and whining about it.  Laughing and giggling at her antics just teaches her that it's ok to be be a brat.

Kyle brought this up, so it seems she's aware.  Now take the next step and teach instead of laughing about it.

• Love 3

It could be. I can see Yo being better in photos than in person or vise versa. And honestly, sexy is such a vibe thing that is so different from being beautiful or even pretty exactly. For all of her endless whining about everything on earth that ever happened anywhere near her, I can actually see Kyle as being very sexy to men. In fact one of the things that bugs me about her is the fact that I'm sure despite the "woe is me, I'm not a 6 foot tall model like everyone else in LA" rant, I can easily see her as the one that captures the most male attention in a real world setting. She's very pretty in a petite, yet curvy way lots of men love. Plus, love her or hate her (I hate) you have to admit the girl has charisma. When Kyle's in a room the room revolves around Kyle. Whether she wants it to or not. She just has that sort of presence that's almost impossible not to notice. Lisa has a bit of that too, which is why I think they but heads. Anywho, this is all to say that I doubt Kyle has spent much time alone on a Saturday night. While Yo, who is maybe more classically, model-y beautiful I can see lacking from real hot and heavy male attention for stretches. Yo just doesn't read as very interesting, or fun, or sensual. She may be all those things, but she doesn't project it in the same way a Kyle or a Lisa does.

Thinking about Yolanda's lack of sex appeal reminded me of Connie Nielsen on The Good Wife, Her character just exudes wealthy sexiness to the point I can smell expensive perfume through the screen. Yolanda, not so much. 

• Love 2

I know what my parents did when I would get sassy  - they'd tell me to stop being rude.  Kyle and Mauricio had a moment when they could have taught Portia that whining isn't acceptable, and that when Dad is speaking with the pilot, Portia needs to be patient and wait until the pilot is ready to fly the plane.   They could have taught her to politely ask for water if she's hot instead of just yelling and whining about it.  Laughing and giggling at her antics just teaches her that it's ok to be be a brat.

Kyle brought this up, so it seems she's aware.  Now take the next step and teach instead of laughing about it.

Eh, I just assume that maybe they did -- I have no idea. These shows often replay people's quotes (sometimes from completely different times) to make it sound like they're being repetitive. I guess I just don't think a kid whining for 12 seconds is an indicator of across-the-board or irreversible brattiness. Kyle's also afraid of flying so maybe she was in "let's get this show on the road" mode. I don't know.

I don't recall the laughing (though I was halfway paying attention at most) and I don't have kids but, if I did, I am pretty sure I'd be guilty of laughing at inappropriate (and abrupt -- it's always the abruptness of it that makes me laugh)/funny things they said and did (not that Portia's remark was very funny). I've done it at friends' kids, as have some of my friends at their own kids. True, you should probably tell the kid to cut the shit as well; I just think some shit is funny, I guess--if also admonishable.

Edited by TattleTeeny
  • Love 2

Lisa's like the pot calling the kettle black with Adrienne and Brandi.  She herself was in a big feud with Adrienne, even mad at her for ruining her vow renewal with news of her impending divorce.  Now Lisa's all, "Let's go greet Adrienne!"  Bah.  Opportunists the lot of them.  

I thought Portia with the french fries at the White Party was brattier than at the airport.  She's at a bratty age.  I can't see Kyle taking sass for long in private.

• Love 3

Anyone else really squicked out by Brandi & that young moving boy?  Ew.  

Not diggin' Housewives acting like idiots to men who are just trying to do their jobs  They did it on NY & it was just as skeevy.  It's shitty when men sexually harass women trying to do their jobs.  It's no better when women sexually harass men.  I suspect this is Satan Andy's way of thinking -- that he probably thinks it's adorable & cute when women are the ones doing the sexual harassment.  No, Satan Andy, get it thru your fuckin' evil ass head, sexual harassment ain't cute no matter who does it.  Please don't do this sleazy shit again in any of your crap shows.

Sheesh, Rinna, it must be exhausting to be so on & such a drama queen -- all the fuckin' time.  Don't you EVER take a break from it, hun?  It's gotta be soooo tiresome & annoying & draining to be around her.

So much word. I cringed so hard during the Brandi / moving men "show me your abs" scene. It just confirms (for the billionth time) that Brandi "forgets" her age when she's pumped full of botox, juvaderm and god knows what else. Sorry boo, you look like a woman in her 40's with massive injections. Not that I wouldn't get that shit at 27 if I had "poor" Miss Brandi's money. To each their own but she really should save herself the embarassment and let the men do their job. And lol at her perched on a couch in an empty room for her viewing pleasure. Who the hell does that? Besides Brandi.

I have refrained from saying anything "not positive" about Rinna because of the general consensus (or love) on this board. Yes, she's "on". Always. I don't want to watch a "reality" tv show and see actors that are obviously acting. I much prefer actors that blend in as opposed to actors that make me feel like I'm watching a middle school play.

• Love 3

Does anyone else think that it's time for Brandi to have a party?  She's been freeloading off of everyone else's food for years now, and I think it's past payback time.  To be perfectly honest, if she invited me to her home for a meal, I don't know whether I could stomach it, knowing about the doggie poo poo and the rest of it.  I've never had the impression that Brandi or her house are very clean.

I don't know whether Kyle served food at the White Party, but the ever-present burger truck was out at the curb.  If Brandi had a dinner party, I think I'd remember to take my wallet and buy a burger instead.  I have to wonder what she'd serve.  Since she's more than pleased with her money situation now, she could hire a caterer for the hors d'oeuvres.  Then what?  Maybe she'd get her mover boys to BBQ hot dogs.  She could always do a show on her stripper pole.  She's lugged that thing through five houses now!

Come to think of it, Kim hasn't given a party, either, has she?  Since Mutt and Jeff have become new buddies, the two moochers could give a party together.  We know that Kim can make chicken salad with her hands.  Oh, forget it.  If Kim has that pit bull around, nobody would come anyway.  That decides it.  I want to see a party at Brandi's!

• Love 2

I get a bad taste in my mouth defending Kyle but there was other food at the White Party and those invited get a bracelet to get whatever they want from the Fat burger truck.

I wonder how Brandi's harassment of the moving boys will be Lisa's fault.

• Love 3
Plus, love her or hate her (I hate) you have to admit the girl has charisma. When Kyle's in a room the room revolves around Kyle. Whether she wants it to or not. She just has that sort of presence that's almost impossible not to notice.

I agree -- I remember her as an extra/background player on ER -- every.time I saw her I'd think "there's that beautiful woman" - she was really striking and I'd remember her even if weeks had gone by since the last time she'd passed an IV bag or something to one of the cast members.  

When this show started I was psyched because of Kim Richards, and there was her sister, who was in Halloween, but then they mentioned ER and I thought "OMG, it's that exotic looking lady!"  I don't think of her as exotic looking now, but during the ER years I assumed she was Persian or something.

Edited by kassa
  • Love 2
I agree -- I remember her as an extra/background player on ER -- every.time I saw her I'd think "there's that beautiful woman" - she was really striking and I'd remember her even if weeks had gone by since the last time she'd passed an IV bag or something to one of the cast members.

That's hilarious to me because I used to watch ER and never once noticed Kyle.  When RHBH started and that was mentioned, even after looking at stills online, I had no recollection of her ever being on the show.

• Love 3

When did Portia 'yell' about water?  All we heard was Portia saying, "Whew, it's hot."  We didn't even see her when she said it and we don't even know when she said it.  All we saw was the plane.  And just because someone is hot doesn't mean they're thirsty.  It was just a comment.  For all we know she made the comment when she stepped off the plane in Lake Tahoe or wherever.  We only heard it. 

As for the Can we go now remark?  She wasn't interrupting the pilot and her father.  The shot is of her alone saying can we just go on the plane.  We also don't see her saying can we go now.  We just heard her.  And she wasn't interrupting anyone.

• Love 4

Does anyone else think that it's time for Brandi to have a party?  She's been freeloading off of everyone else's food for years now, and I think it's past payback time.  To be perfectly honest, if she invited me to her home for a meal, I don't know whether I could stomach it, knowing about the doggie poo poo and the rest of it.  I've never had the impression that Brandi or her house are very clean.

I don't know whether Kyle served food at the White Party, but the ever-present burger truck was out at the curb.  If Brandi had a dinner party, I think I'd remember to take my wallet and buy a burger instead.  I have to wonder what she'd serve.  Since she's more than pleased with her money situation now, she could hire a caterer for the hors d'oeuvres.  Then what?  Maybe she'd get her mover boys to BBQ hot dogs.  She could always do a show on her stripper pole.  She's lugged that thing through five houses now!

Come to think of it, Kim hasn't given a party, either, has she?  Since Mutt and Jeff have become new buddies, the two moochers could give a party together.  We know that Kim can make chicken salad with her hands.  Oh, forget it.  If Kim has that pit bull around, nobody would come anyway.  That decides it.  I want to see a party at Brandi's!

IIRC, Kim has had two parties.  One was for the celebration of her nose job and the other was for Kimberly's graduation.  I think that was the one where Carlton and Brandi showed up drunk. 

• Love 2

I get a bad taste in my mouth defending Kyle but there was other food at the White Party and those invited get a bracelet to get whatever they want from the Fat burger truck.

I wonder how Brandi's harassment of the moving boys will be Lisa's fault.

I saw some pretty big trays of sushi in Kyle's kitchen before the party, and the of course tacos.  It seemed to be free of Villa Blanca/SUR/PUMP vittles and servers and their ever present STDs.

Ah Lisa has Brandi beat in the harassment department she has her party planner and bartender strip down to their skivvies to perform for party guests and has potential wait staff show their wares before  hiring them.  That Lisa such an evil influence on the ever so innocent Brandi.  Where Brandi tops Lisa though in the "make out" department, she seems to be a fan of the mouth rape thing on the weary and leary men and women she is around.

Brandi had the how to give a blow job party-the one where she wore a see through white dress and had women doing belly dancing. Of course it was in a borrowed home as Brandi claimed to be living out of her car at the time or some such nonsense.  If Brandi is going to borrow a home let it be Mohamed's.  Oops that is not going to happen as she has eternally pissed off Mohammed.  Kim had the infamous Luau/graduation party last year that Lisa and Ken didn't attend in case anyone in the free world has not heard. 

I think Brandi gives herself a housewarming party this season-which with Brandi having five houses in five years could become an annual party.

• Love 2

So much word. I cringed so hard during the Brandi / moving men "show me your abs" scene. It just confirms (for the billionth time) that Brandi "forgets" her age when she's pumped full of botox, juvaderm and god knows what else. Sorry boo, you look like a woman in her 40's with massive injections. Not that I wouldn't get that shit at 27 if I had "poor" Miss Brandi's money. To each their own but she really should save herself the embarassment and let the men do their job. And lol at her perched on a couch in an empty room for her viewing pleasure. Who the hell does that? Besides Brandi.

I have refrained from saying anything "not positive" about Rinna because of the general consensus (or love) on this board. Yes, she's "on". Always. I don't want to watch a "reality" tv show and see actors that are obviously acting. I much prefer actors that blend in as opposed to actors that make me feel like I'm watching a middle school play.

I find Lisa R very animated.  I am curious if there is an off switch because I feel like I am being spoon fed with her attitude about how wonderful everyone is and how long she has know everyone.

When did Portia 'yell' about water?  All we heard was Portia saying, "Whew, it's hot."  We didn't even see her when she said it and we don't even know when she said it.  All we saw was the plane.  And just because someone is hot doesn't mean they're thirsty.  It was just a comment.  For all we know she made the comment when she stepped off the plane in Lake Tahoe or wherever.  We only heard it. 

As for the Can we go now remark?  She wasn't interrupting the pilot and her father.  The shot is of her alone saying can we just go on the plane.  We also don't see her saying can we go now.  We just heard her.  And she wasn't interrupting anyone.

I am beginning to think this whole Portia is spoiled story is taking on a life of its own.  Kyle has always posted pictures  of her girls on Facebook and twitter and some of the comments are outrageous-from calling Portia and two of her sisters 'r******' to calling Kyle out for Portia having her hair straight in a picture (why is it okay for mom's to curl hair of their daughters but not okay to give a kid a flat iron every once in awhile),  to making a big deal of Portia going to golfing lessons with dad and knocking Kyle's pose with her father-in-law and Portia at Portia's school's Thanksgiving event.  Granted there are literally hundreds of positive comments but in the words of Eduardo Umansky-"tits on an ant".  Not very cool of the folks to go after a six year old.

I am mindful of the fact that these people and their children are included do spend a fair amount of time waiting around during filming. So a little one saying can we go now-seems about right.   This year's White Party shows the RH and Mohammed arriving during daylight.  That time of year it doesn't get dark until about 9 pm so I am guessing the RH related guest came in first and did a fair share of filming and then the non-filming guests and Kim Richards arrived and then more filming took place..

• Love 3

I kind of got the impression that  Kyle was pointing out Portia's behavior before the blogs pointed out that sweet little Portia was a bit bratty this season.  Kind of a pre-emptive comment.

I agree, Portia doesn't seem any different than most kids her age, even with her precocious nature.  IMO there is absolutely no similarity between her and Milania Guidice.  Milania is in a class of her own and not a good one.

• Love 2

Here is a novel idea, keep Portia offscreen or significantly lower her appearance. Don't feed the trolls. Given the above post about social media commentary, that is what a mother who genuinely want to protect their child would do.

Kyle is not a novice, IMO, she is courting publicity for Portia. Nothing will convince me she doesn't know that giving commentary on Portia's behavior, good or bad, would get tongues wagging about Portia.  If Kyle didn't have the upbringing she did, I'd find some validity in the preemptive strike reasoning. 

• Love 5

I'm.assuming her three daughters want no part of the show which isnprobably why Portia is filmed more. I think Sophia (her third oldest I think) seems very shy..IMHO.

The only one I think should be featured should.be the oldest Farrah since she is in her mid 20s and is an adult...but I've gathered she wants no part of this train wreck.

• Love 1

I find Lisa R very animated.  I am curious if there is an off switch because I feel like I am being spoon fed with her attitude about how wonderful everyone is and how long she has know everyone.

I am beginning to think this whole Portia is spoiled story is taking on a life of its own.  Kyle has always posted pictures  of her girls on Facebook and twitter and some of the comments are outrageous-from calling Portia and two of her sisters 'r******' to calling Kyle out for Portia having her hair straight in a picture (why is it okay for mom's to curl hair of their daughters but not okay to give a kid a flat iron every once in awhile),  to making a big deal of Portia going to golfing lessons with dad and knocking Kyle's pose with her father-in-law and Portia at Portia's school's Thanksgiving event.  Granted there are literally hundreds of positive comments but in the words of Eduardo Umansky-"tits on an ant".  Not very cool of the folks to go after a six year old.

I am mindful of the fact that these people and their children are included do spend a fair amount of time waiting around during filming. So a little one saying can we go now-seems about right.   This year's White Party shows the RH and Mohammed arriving during daylight.  That time of year it doesn't get dark until about 9 pm so I am guessing the RH related guest came in first and did a fair share of filming and then the non-filming guests and Kim Richards arrived and then more filming took place..

I totally agree.   Portia is spoiled story is taking on a life of its own....thanks to Bravo's editing.  Kyle answers a question in a TH with a one sentence reply about Portia's childhood being different from her older siblings because they have more money now and this means that she's promoting Portia or there is some other ulterior motive. 

All their girls have been on camera before and I wouldn't doubt they had conversations at the airport but the editors decided to focus on Portia because they could 'weave' that into a story.  The whole scene including the drive in the car was about 90 seconds. 

• Love 1

I totally agree.   Portia is spoiled story is taking on a life of its own....thanks to Bravo's editing.  Kyle answers a question in a TH with a one sentence reply about Portia's childhood being different from her older siblings because they have more money now and this means that she's promoting Portia or there is some other ulterior motive. 

All their girls have been on camera before and I wouldn't doubt they had conversations at the airport but the editors decided to focus on Portia because they could 'weave' that into a story.  The whole scene including the drive in the car was about 90 seconds. 

This is why, IMHO, you do not allow cameras to film your minor/young children except in the background. Kyle is not a novice to Bravo/HW land where any and all can and will be used against you and your family! LOL

Edited by WireWrap
  • Love 2

Oh God, Lisa can miss me with her latest blog. Now she is trying to claim that she was scandalized by Brandi outing Adrienne's surrogacy at the time:

Really, Lisa? That was why you were encouraging Brandi with all sorts of questions of Adrienne's wrongdoings and lies? That was why you adamantly defended Brandi the entire season? Your "realizations" are certainly weak-minded, if that is the case.

I am not in the least surprised. LIsa says in her blog that this was the beginning of her realizing what kind of a person Brandi really was. What a bunch of crap. Lisa might have said that Brandi shouldn't have said what she said, but she was certainly supportive of Brandi, especially at the reunion, which was filmed months later. Months after Lisa and the rest of the world knew that Brandi had been lying all the time. All she had to say at the time was that Adrienne shouldn't have come on the show if she had secrets. Not a peep about gaining any insights into Brandi's true character, because the audience was firmly behind Brandi at the time. No way Lisa was going to go against public opinion just to do the right thing, since she knew where that would get her with the fans (just ask Kyle). Instead she decided to try and paint Kyle's motives as less than pure, because as it turned out Kyle was on the side of what was right all along. Now of course it is easy.  Lots of folks have taken a second look at Brandi and come to the realization that Adrienne got a bit screwed in that whole deal. I will give Brandi one thing. At least she met with Adrienne and apologized for what she said. Lisa should do the same. Even a small word from Lisa at the reunion, or in the press at the time, would have dramatically changed the way things went down.

• Love 6

This is why, IMHO, you do not allow cameras to film your minor/young children except in the background. Kyle is not a novice to Bravo/HW land where any and all can and will be used against you and your family! LOL

To me, the shows are suppose to be about these women's lives and a big part of it is their families be it adult or minor children.  I like seeing the small children if it is not done with one writing a song about her uncle and his fight with her mother, or sheer bratty behavior ala Milania.  It is interesting that two of the heavy hitters Tamra and Brandi both want their children on the show but their exes won't agree because of how the adults behave on the show.

Kyle's comment about Portia being 6 going on 35, to me was just a throw away line and not terribly original.  We have watched minor children get their drivers' licenses, various forms of graduation and birthdays.  For the most part I think the entire franchise as a whole is pretty good to the minor children.  The biggest exception are the Giudice children and I think that has more to do with the parents' attitude of anything for money.  The Curtain kids were a nightmare and not a part of this show.  I found it far more disturbing when Yolanda gives her minor daughters nutritional advice as I think it is unhealthy but it does gives insight into the lives of budding supermodels.

Edited by Lisin
  • Love 3

Here is a novel idea, keep Portia offscreen or significantly lower her appearance.

Two episodes in (so about 90-95 aired minutes), and Portia has been on screen for how many of those minutes?

I am not in the least surprised. LIsa says in her blog that this was the beginning of her realizing what kind of a person Brandi really was. What a bunch of crap. Lisa might have said that Brandi shouldn't have said what she said, but she was certainly supportive of Brandi, especially at the reunion, which was filmed months later. Months after Lisa and the rest of the world knew that Brandi had been lying all the time. All she had to say at the time was that Adrienne shouldn't have come on the show if she had secrets. Not a peep about gaining any insights into Brandi's true character, because the audience was firmly behind Brandi at the time. No way Lisa was going to go against public opinion just to do the right thing, since she knew where that would get her with the fans (just ask Kyle). Instead she decided to try and paint Kyle's motives as less than pure, because as it turned out Kyle was on the side of what was right all along. Now of course it is easy.  Lots of folks have taken a second look at Brandi and come to the realization that Adrienne got a bit screwed in that whole deal. I will give Brandi one thing. At least she met with Adrienne and apologized for what she said. Lisa should do the same. Even a small word from Lisa at the reunion, or in the press at the time, would have dramatically changed the way things went down.

I'm not surprised. It amuses me, however, how spineless Lisa is in that regard. The woman is so dependent on having people be all "OMG! Lisa you're my faveee!!!" that she'll blow in the wind.

For all of the complaints about Kyle, I've yet to see Kyle make a basis for friendship on whether fans like the person (e.g., her friendship with Faye. I (and a lot of people) don't care for Faye, but none of that has ever meant anything to Kyle). She's only just now getting friendly with Brandi and it has nothing to do with Brandi's previous fan favorite status (otherwise she wouldn't have challenged Brandi's statements about Adrienne's surrogacy). Even though Taylor has never been a fan favorite, Kyle has started and maintained a friendship with her. I don't see Lisa ever being that person. 

• Love 6

Honestly the thing that struck me most were those two plates of completely uneaten food cleared out helpfully by David on that excruciating 'date night'.  It's not like they were put away so that Yolanda and her king could screw on the dining room table either.  My bet is that (1) that shit she cooked was inedible or (2) those guys really don't eat solid food much but were trying to make it look good for the cameras.  Either way, Date Night was just excruciating to watch.  I honestly don't get any kind of couple vibe from those two.  And I think the whole thing could be summed-up by the following exchange:  Yo:  'I love you!'.  David:  'Thank you'.

• Love 10

I think Kyle's trying to launch Portia as an actress. In the 1st season (I think) she was talking to one of her daughters about how she was never interested in acting as a kid and Kyle sounded disappointed about it. I think we will see some Stage Mommy Kyle this season.

BTW Portia does not sound like she's 6 going on 35. She sounds like she's 6 going on 3. Her speach is really babyish for a first grader. If I had just met her I would have guessed she was a tall pre-schooler. I'll go back to hell now.

• Love 5

Enough for half this thread to be about her.

Which means not much given that insignificant minutiae is picked over all the time. Portia's 90 seconds (if that) on screen in 90 minutes is really nothing.

• Love 1

To the white owl et al -- Sorry I got some facts mixed up.  I've watched this episode twice, both times at bedtime, and I'm beginning to think that I nodded off a few times.  I don't recall seeing any food at Kyle's house, and I totally forgot that Kim and Brandi have both entertained the group.  I blew it.  Thank you for setting me straight. 

Did David really say, "thank you" after Yolanda said, "I love you"??! Yikes! I don't care for Yolanda very much but I would feel sad for her if David traded her in for a new wife. He just doesn't seem as invested as she is.

I just can not fathom that Yolanda actually married Mohammed-and had sex with him regularly. Okay, that's mean but come on. She also popped out three of his kids. Guess the genes are good, their girls are gorgeous. But I myself could never go through with it. Which leads to Shiva. She is young and gorgeous and she's sleeping with....Mohammed?? Okay then. I know, I know, he's a billionaire or whatever but I still could NOT go through with it!!

• Love 4

Did David really say, "thank you" after Yolanda said, "I love you"??! Yikes! I don't care for Yolanda very much but I would feel sad for her if David traded her in for a new wife. He just doesn't seem as invested as she is.

I just can not fathom that Yolanda actually married Mohammed-and had sex with him regularly. Okay, that's mean but come on. She also popped out three of his kids. Guess the genes are good, their girls are gorgeous. But I myself could never go through with it. Which leads to Shiva. She is young and gorgeous and she's sleeping with....Mohammed?? Okay then. I know, I know, he's a billionaire or whatever but I still could NOT go through with it!!

Money is HUGE motivator to many. Yolanda for all her pose is one of them.

• Love 1

There are some old photos of him floating around and in his youth he's not bad looking. The current hair mop and I'm assuming questionable plastic surgery decisions make him rather, well let's just say money helps.

• Love 2

Enough for half this thread to be about her. 

Which is exactly what Bravo and Kyle are hoping for. 

Not too long ago, I recall reading on TWOP that people would totally watch a show featuring Milania. That the only reason they continued to watch NJ was to get a glimpse of Milania's antics.  Bravo knew this because Bravo owned TWOP.  So why not try to cultivate some of that popular bratty kid behavior that everybody loves to talk about in Beverly Hills?  And who better to promote than the daughter and niece of 2 former child stars and...the cousin of Paris Hilton??  Precocious and bad behavior is practically in her blood.  Or so Bravo hopes. 

Edited by ryebread
  • Love 2

That screeching noise Yolanda made as she tried to squeeze into her riding pants was hellish. This show was playing in an adjacent room and I ran out immediately to find out what was causing the infernal caterwauling. I'm not a woman, but the constant displays of her pro-anorexia leanings are disgusting.

The more I see of King David, the less I'm convinced he's a straight man. I chuckled that about his guest mentorship of the Chinese version of The Voice for two reasons; (1) he's so hungry for camera time that he would gladly make the trip to Shanghai and (2) apparently he's not enough of an entity to appear on the American version. 

Brandi gets more pitiful each season. Now she's so desperate for a story line she's calling her on-and-off again fuck buddy JR her ex-boyfriend and going on a ridiculous costumed stakeout that would make even the worst sitcoms cringe. Sad that recovering alcoholic doesn't realize Brandi is probably not the best company for her to keep. I wonder who's life will fall to shambles again first.

• Love 5

I agree with you, Rajul, about Yolanda.  She gives "watching your weight" a whole new meaning.  I couldn't believe that she could walk, let alone ride a horse, in those ridiculously tight pants.

I see David in a different light than you do.  I can't see anything gay about him, and I doubt whether his ex-wife, Linda Thompson, could still be in love with him if he were gay.  He loves the women in his life too much to be using them as beards, I think.  I've always seen David as a rather immature man who is in love with being in love.  That is, the more times he can feel that first blush of attraction, the happier he is.

As for Shanghai, David was over there to appear on a television show which is a lot like American talent shows on TV.  He is looking for the next Asian superstar.  You can read about it here:

http://www.shanghaidaily.com/feature/art-and-culture/Foster-scouts-China-for-next-global-superstar/shdaily.shtml

Edited by Lura
  • Love 1

Rewatched the Kim/Brandi hijinks..and I think Kim's motivation for spying on JRbwad to.have Brandi see him with another woman, get closure and move on.

Her heart was in the right place, but her execution was ott...at.best.

• Love 2
I am envious of Lisa's custom made shirts for one reason, no gap in the buttons along the bust line.

Do they not gap?  Maybe I assumed they gapped because they're so darn tight.  For the money I pay for shirts, I expect to have fit issues, but hers are something like $800?  I'd expect them to look like a smooth second skin, not something that makes it hard for me to breathe and accentuates bra bulges.

• Love 2

David came off as an older gay gentleman in this episode. That, or he and Yolanda have a platonic, roomate-style marriage.

He walks in the door to have his wife greet him in sexy black lingerie, and she doesn't even get a kiss? Just a shy giggle, and "I don't know what to say."

I've been married 18 years, much longer than them, and if I greet my husband in lingerie, we are not just sitting down to dinner as usual. No red-blooded, straight man would sit down and eat his dinner and chat about the day sitting across from a half naked woman in black lace.

Their whole marriage seems phony. I'm sick of having Yolanda force upon us how perfect everything is.

I said this last season -- David seems gay to me. Absolutely no chemistry with his stunning wife. Perhaps they have an agreement. I'd do it for that house alone.

• Love 3

Every time they show Yolanda and David it seems as if they don't feel comfortable together almost like they are strangers. I don't feel any chemistry between them. Brandi is a nasty desperate bitch. I can't stand her.

The whole interchange was bizarre.  She dresses up all sexy and he basically has this look on his face like, "wow...can you put some clothes on."  He didn't look like a guy who wanted to rush his wife into bed. He looked more like, "grandma I'm no longer attracted to you because I'm banging the girl I promised a career to."  Then he proceeded to remind her of the time she dressed up for him...and could've been arrested for being a hooker.  He doesn't seem the least bit excited by her attempts to be spicy.

Meanwhile, the face looks rough but her body is phenomenal.

• Love 1