Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E02: Who Stalked J.R.?

• Start Topic

This episode gave what people ask for all the time - a glimpse into the glamorous lives of the Housewives.  God, I LOVE Lisa's house and any time they show her closet, I swoon.  Kyle and the family private jetting off to Tahoe.  Rinna meeting with her agent to discuss going after jobs. Yo seducing her husband and dining while looking over the ocean from their Malibu home. Showing Kim all quirky and madcap instead of drunk.  Then, of course, they had to throw in some Brandi buzz kill.   I can just hear Brandi & Kim cackling over how Lucy & Ethel they were when it was really just pathetic because Brandi is, well, pathetic.

• Love 9

I just realized that Carlton the witch was not here.  VERY REFRESHING!

She may be hiding in the Hamlin's "haunted house".

Brandi needs Adrienne a lot more, than the other way around. The only reason she apologize was because she's on the outs with Lisa.  Yeah, love how Adrienne just sat there stoic as Brandi squirmed through her apology.  And she did not fall for Brandi's bait of trying to blame Lisa.

Brandi said that she runs into Adrienne all the time and it's uncomfortable.  I seriously don't think think Brandi travels in the same social circle as Adrienne.

• Love 3

Brandi said that she runs into Adrienne all the time and it's uncomfortable.  I seriously don't think think Brandi travels in the same social circle as Adrienne.

Looks like they probably go to the same hair salon to get those horrible extensions.  That's where they run into each other.  They share the same hairdresser.  The same, blind hairdresser.

• Love 22

She may be hiding in the Hamlin's "haunted house".

But maybe Brandi trails in along the fringes of the crowd that Adrienne's younger boyfriend travels in....

• Love 3

Speaking of Ad's younger bf, he's only a year older than Brandi's moving boy. Sure, Ad looks completely ridiculous with this kid, but she doesn't look like the sleazeball Brandi looked like hooking up with Mover Boy. Any theories why?

So is Ad getting the "redemption edit" now -- in the same way as Season 2 Camille? She's coming off pretty well. OK, I still think she looks mostly absurd dating someone so young, but at least he's good looking and most importantly, he's an heir to an enormous fortune. And sure, Ad has absolutely no sense humor -- then again, she never did & never will. Dat's just who she is. Me, I woulda told Brandi to go fuck off after publicly announcing shit she knew I didn't want revealed.

Sorry, but I don't trust Ad for 1 second. She's extremely cunning & never does anything without a reason. There has gotta be some reason she's forgiving Brandi & it ain't cuz she's just so sweet. Um, no. Like no fuckin' way. And I'm sure there's some reason she's "dating" Baby Busch. And I'll just bet it has everything to do with the money & influence of his family, and maybe cuz he's so young, she thinks she can manipulate him easily.

I've always thought there was something very sinister bout Ad. Maybe I'm wrong & I'm mistaking her mostly charmless nature & totally humorless manner for something else, but I don't think so. Maybe it's just me, but Ad has always given me the creeps & nothin' has changed. She still does.

Wow, I must be totally fed up & annoyed with Mauricio & his bullshit cuz I didn't even notice or care that he actually did look really hot. But alas, I didn't give a fuck at all about dat cuz the comments made by him & Kyle bout the "private jet" (er, shared lease, thank you) made me wanna kick him in his slickster, butt-smooching, bullshitting teeth.

Oh Kyle, again with dat same Chanel bag? Mauricio is doin' pretty well, you can buy yourself another bag, hun. If ya can't afford another one for $4500, there are tons of choices in the 2 thou range that are really awesome. But if your taste really sucks, Kyle, as I strongly suspect it does, hire a stylist already, dammit. I'm so fuckin' sick of looking at that old lady bag.

Edited by ScoobieDoobs
  • Love 7

I would have posted earlier but I have decided to copy Lisa's custom made shirts so I have been bedazzling all of the cuffs on my shirts.  I am envious of Lisa's custom made shirts for one reason, no gap in the buttons along the bust line.

Baltimore Betty, I had exactly the same thought. I love to wear this style of blouse but I'm busty so many problems. I want this seamstress to come to my house every few months. She can leave her bedazzler at home though maybe one butterfly would be nice. 

• Love 2

Wow...Brandi seemed even more out of place in this episode than at the White Party. With the addition of two new ladies who (thus far) seem accomplished and classy, Brandi comes off puerile and unbelievably shallow. When discussing tattoos (of course) with one of the movers, Brandi exclaims, "We should totally hang out!"

Her poor sons. As they go into jr. high and high school, Brandi will embarrass them by trying to be the "cool mom".

As for J.R., he needs to stay gone. At one point Brandi discusses how complicated their relationship is saying, "Every time I go in deeper, he pulls away." Oh, dear. Get a clue Brandi. This guy has a live-in girlfriend and wants nothing more to do with you.

• Love 4

I was embarrassed for Yolanda and David when she trotted out all his favorite foods while wearing a short black negligee, and they reminisced about how she used to flash him in public even though "It was for [David's] eyes only." I think Yolanda wants us to think she has a secret, scandalous side. But at best she's just an exhibitionist.

• Love 2

I was embarrassed for Yolanda and David when she trotted out all his favorite foods while wearing a short black negligee, and they reminisced about how she used to flash him in public even though "It was for [David's] eyes only." I think Yolanda wants us to think she has a secret, scandalous side. But at best she's just an exhibitionist.

Or, according to her Dear Husband and Love, David, she looked like a hooker, even back then.

• Love 2
I was embarrassed for Yolanda and David when she trotted out all his favorite foods while wearing a short black negligee, and they reminisced about how she used to flash him in public even though "It was for [David's] eyes only." I think Yolanda wants us to think she has a secret, scandalous side. But at best she's just an exhibitionist

Or, according to her Dear Husband and Love, David, she looked like a hooker, even back then.

True, but they've probably shelled out thousands and thousands on liposuction and lifts, so why not get their money's worth?  If I'd gone through all that, and were tight and toned at the age of 50, I'd probably flash anyone who would look at me!

Edited by Lura

I get douche chills every time Yolanda addresses David as "My love," but I am also extremely bitter and hate everything.

Yo's just not sexy. Beautiful, striking? Yes. Sexy? No. She does not give off any kind of sexy vibe. It's all very uptight and icy. I did laugh through the entire sexy dinner. It was too funny watching Yo and David chow down on some chicken while she wore a negligee. Brilliant.

• Love 5
I get douche chills every time Yolanda addresses David as "My love," but I am also extremely bitter and hate everything.

Well, I get the same feeling and I'm not bitter at all.  In fact, I like watching people exhibiting loving feelings towards each other --- ONLY if it's genuine.  Then I think it can be rather sweet.  Whatever is going on with Yo & King David, what we are seeing looks very, very far from reality.  Their scenes showing their "love" for each other (puke & retch) NEVER looks anything other than forced & fake to me.  

Now, on the other hand, Kyle & Mauricio's marriage seems on solid ground.  That's not at all what irritates me bout them.  They're both still trying so hard to impress us.  And now Kyle is laughing at things she says that aren't funny in the least.  Oy.  Face it, Kyle.  It ain't a crime.  But you are a high strung PITA & you have ab-so-fuckin'-lutely ZERO sense of humor.  Kyle, stop fuckin' trying so hard.  Easy up, hun & chill the fuck out, will ya?  Sheesh!  

Just watching Kyle makes me anxious.  I really wouldn't wanna be around someone who is always trying so hard to impress anyone near her.  Maybe it's just me, but she makes me nervous.  I started out this season on neutral ground concerning Kyle, but now I completely can't stomach her again.

Yo's just not sexy. Beautiful, striking? Yes. Sexy? No. She does not give off any kind of sexy vibe.

I'm wondering if she might give a different vibe in person.  I posted elsewhere I saw Gigi a few months ago, walking along 6th Avenue in the Village & honestly, I've never thought she was especially pretty on the show or in pics I've seen -- but in person, she really is quite striking and definitely beautiful.  Maybe it's the same with Yo.  

Also, it depends what she's wearing.  Almost nobody can wear anything in white & actually look good.  But Yo can & she can look really hot (to me) when she wears white.  

And then there's dat phony vibe between her & King David.  It just seems so forced & ick & unhot, it ain't gonna do much to make her sexy, eh?

Edited by ScoobieDoobs
  • Love 5
Brandi's got some weird speech thing going on.  She sounds much of the time as though she's got a mouth full of mashed potatoes.

I noticed that, too. I think that's what happens when you have cheek implants, fillers, botox, and "enhanced" lips. Your face pretty much just gives up because it's too hard to move anything.

Plus, after listening to her all these years, it knows by now that Brandi has absolutely nothing worthwhile to say. Ever.

• Love 9

Brandi downsizes so often I'm thinking next season the move will be to a petri dish.......

For her boys' sake, I hope it's not the one that was used to test Brandi for STDs.

I haven't watched the episode yet (I find these boards much more entertaining than the show), but if Brandi and Kim are running around together, the first famous duo that I thought of is "dumb and dumber".

ETA: maybe Kim and Brandi should be "drunk and drunker".

Edited by EVS
  • Love 5

Speaking of Ad's younger bf, he's only a year older than Brandi's moving boy. Sure, Ad looks completely ridiculous with this kid, but she doesn't look like the sleazeball Brandi looked like hooking up with Mover Boy. Any theories why?

So is Ad getting the "redemption edit" now -- in the same way as Season 2 Camille? She's coming off pretty well. OK, I still think she looks mostly absurd dating someone so young, but at least he's good looking and most importantly, he's an heir to an enormous fortune. And sure, Ad has absolutely no sense humor -- then again, she never did & never will. Dat's just who she is. Me, I woulda told Brandi to go fuck off after publicly announcing shit she knew I didn't want revealed.

Sorry, but I don't trust Ad for 1 second. She's extremely cunning & never does anything without a reason. There has gotta be some reason she's forgiving Brandi & it ain't cuz she's just so sweet. Um, no. Like no fuckin' way. And I'm sure there's some reason she's "dating" Baby Busch. And I'll just bet it has everything to do with the money & influence of his family, and maybe cuz he's so young, she thinks she can manipulate him easily.

I've always thought there was something very sinister bout Ad. Maybe I'm wrong & I'm mistaking her mostly charmless nature & totally humorless manner for something else, but I don't think so. Maybe it's just me, but Ad has always given me the creeps & nothin' has changed. She still does.

Wow, I must be totally fed up & annoyed with Mauricio & his bullshit cuz I didn't even notice or care that he actually did look really hot. But alas, I didn't give a fuck at all about dat cuz the comments made by him & Kyle bout the "private jet" (er, shared lease, thank you) made me wanna kick him in his slickster, butt-smooching, bullshitting teeth.

Oh Kyle, again with dat same Chanel bag? Mauricio is doin' pretty well, you can buy yourself another bag, hun. If ya can't afford another one for $4500, there are tons of choices in the 2 thou range that are really awesome. But if your taste really sucks, Kyle, as I strongly suspect it does, hire a stylist already, dammit. I'm so fuckin' sick of looking at that old lady bag.

Here is a story about Kyle's purses.  http://www.purseblog.com/the-many-bags/the-many-bags-of-the-real-housewives-of-beverly-hills/26  I know I will rest much easier knowing that Kyle has more than one purse.

• Love 5

Lisa's story about how she got her new housekeeper cracked me up because it reminded me of that episode of Arrested Development when Michael was trying to be nice and pick up his mother's housekeeper, but it turned out to be a some other lady, who thought she was being kidnapped.

Which made me think how great Lucille Bluth would be as a housewife.

• Love 8

Lisa's story about how she got her new housekeeper cracked me up because it reminded me of that episode of Arrested Development when Michael was trying to be nice and pick up his mother's housekeeper, but it turned out to be a some other lady, who thought she was being kidnapped.

Which made me think how great Lucille Bluth would be as a housewife.

That would be awesome. I'm imagining Lisa and Lucille having a conversation.  It would be like parody meeting reality.  

• Love 1

Time sharing the plane is more sensible than buying your own jet, especially if you charge it as a business expense.  And probably more cost efficient than flying 6-7 people first class.

Sorry, but I don't trust Ad for 1 second. She's extremely cunning & never does anything without a reason. There has gotta be some reason she's forgiving Brandi & it ain't cuz she's just so sweet. Um, no. Like no fuckin' way.

Maybe she needs Brandi on her side so Brandi won’t bring up the abuse charges she leveled against Paul in her divorce?  “Gosh, Adrienne, if Paul beat on you and the kids, how can you ever let the kids go to him?  Oh, wait – the court ruled against you, huh?”

I’m not sure this is Lisa’s redemption season, though she may be under the impression that it is.  Either she’s redoubled her tacky sexual references or they’re just airing more of them.  An occasional sly pun is  one thing.  A constant stream of vulgarity is not just “British humor.”  Don’t get me wrong – I still like her.  But I think the mask got taken off, and her cold, flat stare at Ken while declaring just how little she trusted the others?  I think that’s the real Lisa, not the pink princess, above it all, too busy for the nonsense of the non-businesswomen housewives Lisa.   Nobody with any actual class or professional pride would participate in Vanderpump Rules, so I’m not sure how she ever regains the higher ground she enjoyed at the beginning of the series.

I agree about the complete lack of chemistry between Yolanda and David.  Bad, bad acting.  On the other hand, they totally win for most amazing view for a simple dinner at home. 

At first I was surprised by Portia’s behavior, but then I listened again, and frankly, she wasn’t out of line for her age vs most kids.  “Are we there yet?!”  “Come on, let’s GO!” etc etc.  And is asking for a drink on a plane all that different from demanding your snack or sippy cup in the back seat of the minivan?  It would not surprise me that the chaos and maternal distraction of filming coinciding with a demanding phase would prompt some acting out, and make Kyle aware that they were getting unflattering footage, the same way you cringe when your kid debuts new vocabulary or bites a sibling in front of great-grandma during hectic family gatherings.

• Love 4
And now Kyle is laughing at things she says that aren't funny in the least.

Kyle has always done that - she's rarely funny, but she always tacks on that laugh at the end as though she expects everyone else to burst out laughing, too. 

• Love 4

Time sharing the plane is more sensible than buying your own jet, especially if you charge it as a business expense.  And probably more cost efficient than flying 6-7 people first class.

Maybe she needs Brandi on her side so Brandi won’t bring up the abuse charges she leveled against Paul in her divorce?  “Gosh, Adrienne, if Paul beat on you and the kids, how can you ever let the kids go to him?  Oh, wait – the court ruled against you, huh?”

I’m not sure this is Lisa’s redemption season, though she may be under the impression that it is.  Either she’s redoubled her tacky sexual references or they’re just airing more of them.  An occasional sly pun is  one thing.  A constant stream of vulgarity is not just “British humor.”  Don’t get me wrong – I still like her.  But I think the mask got taken off, and her cold, flat stare at Ken while declaring just how little she trusted the others?  I think that’s the real Lisa, not the pink princess, above it all, too busy for the nonsense of the non-businesswomen housewives Lisa.   Nobody with any actual class or professional pride would participate in Vanderpump Rules, so I’m not sure how she ever regains the higher ground she enjoyed at the beginning of the series.

I agree about the complete lack of chemistry between Yolanda and David.  Bad, bad acting.  On the other hand, they totally win for most amazing view for a simple dinner at home. 

At first I was surprised by Portia’s behavior, but then I listened again, and frankly, she wasn’t out of line for her age vs most kids.  “Are we there yet?!”  “Come on, let’s GO!” etc etc.  And is asking for a drink on a plane all that different from demanding your snack or sippy cup in the back seat of the minivan?  It would not surprise me that the chaos and maternal distraction of filming coinciding with a demanding phase would prompt some acting out, and make Kyle aware that they were getting unflattering footage, the same way you cringe when your kid debuts new vocabulary or bites a sibling in front of great-grandma during hectic family gatherings.

Sadly, Kyle made Portia's behavior part of her storyline! She is well aware that by announcing it, they would use any and all to show Portia as spoiled, materialistic, and whiney. This is why I hate any of the HWs with younger children using them as fodder for their own storyline, it always ends up looking bad for the child!

Edited by WireWrap
  • Love 4

Kyle must have seen how much attention Milannia received & is now putting Porsha in front of the camera. It's not cute. She doesn't want Porsha to be spoiled but then takes her on a private jet, shops with her in expensive stores etc. The same mother who bought her 16 yr old a Mercedes. Yeah, she doesn't want spoiled kids. 

Yolanda's scene with David made me cringe. It reeked of desperation. It reminded me of the Ramona & Maurio lotion scene & Tamra & Eddie tub scene. Yolanda doesn't have a story, I can't watch another season of her crying over a kid going to college or her being stuck up David, her kings butt. It comes off as she's scared he will leave her if she's not sexy & catering to him. I'm all for that, in private but not on camera.

Brandi, another man cheats on her. He tells her he's in love with another woman & her at the same time. He's a real catch...Why in the world would women of their age dress up & hide in bushes to catch a cheater who they already know if cheating. Maybe if Brandi didn't make herself so available sexually, men might take her seriously. Most men of that age would only want her for one thing & not long term. Then she talks about going after the moving boy. She is really sad.

• Love 4
Yo seducing her husband and dining while looking over the ocean from their Malibu home.

That really was a fantastic view.  Yo and David had such a beautiful ocean backdrop for their awkwardly unsexy dinner.

• Love 7

I don't find Portia to be anywhere near Milania in the brat department.  Milania just constantly seems to crave and demand attention, where Portia seems to me as if she is maybe trying to act a little grown up fro her age-easy to do when you are a baby and you have a sister old enough to be your mother.   I found it interesting Lisa was selling that she and Ken do not spoil their children on Vanderpump Rules-her son had a skateboard in hand as Lisa picked out a new Bentley, Yolanda claiming her daughter pays her own room and board while away at college with her modeling money, crying poor about not being able to afford a second horse for Bella, it may just be a party line the show is taking-how these women who living in magnificent homes and fabulous lives claim they don't spoil their children. 

• Love 4

I don't find Portia to be anywhere near Milania in the brat department.  Milania just constantly seems to crave and demand attention, where Portia seems to me as if she is maybe trying to act a little grown up fro her age-easy to do when you are a baby and you have a sister old enough to be your mother.   I found it interesting Lisa was selling that she and Ken do not spoil their children on Vanderpump Rules-her son had a skateboard in hand as Lisa picked out a new Bentley, Yolanda claiming her daughter pays her own room and board while away at college with her modeling money, crying poor about not being able to afford a second horse for Bella, it may just be a party line the show is taking-how these women who living in magnificent homes and fabulous lives claim they don't spoil their children. 

As soon as a HW points out that their kids are well behaved, polite, not spoiled, pay their own way, Bravo shows us the exact opposite! LOL And NO one, I do mean NO HW CHILD is as out of control as Milania is!

• Love 3

As soon as a HW points out that their kids are well behaved, polite, not spoiled, pay their own way, Bravo shows us the exact opposite! LOL And NO one, I do mean NO HW CHILD is as out of control as Milania is!

it is pretty hard to top calling your parents "buttholes" and dragging your baby sister around.   New Jersey Milania has no competition in the 90210.

• Love 5

This may be true.  It certainly does sound plausible.  Er, so why are Mauricio & Kyle implying so strongly how they're casually going to their jet -- as if it's something they outrightly own?  Seemed to me they were both bragging in a very misleading way.  Didn't care for it.  That's very nice & lovely for them they've come a long way & Mauricio is very successful, BUT while he may sell billionaires' homes, he's not one himself,  And he never will be.  Cut the misleading bragging, Kyle & Mauricio.  It's annoying as fuck.

Could Kyle actually be showcasing Portia, maybe not realizing the end result -- of what's gonna be on the show -- is making her look bad?  Look, I don't care for Kyle & I think she's an absolute fame whore, who will fight tooth & nail for every second of camera time on the show.  But I have a hard time believing she would purposely make Portia look bad.  

What I do think is Kyle made a poor choice by having Portia on the show as much as she is.  Her other daughters seem much less involved.  It's always risky when children get involved in reality shows.  And here ya gotta trust Satan Andy.  Good luck with dat.  I'm sure Kyle would sell her soul to the devil for fame, but would she offer up Portia?  Um, maybe she has.

Edited by ScoobieDoobs
  • Love 7

I don't find Portia to be anywhere near Milania in the brat department. Milania just constantly seems to crave and demand attention, where Portia seems to me as if she is maybe trying to act a little grown up fro her age-easy to do when you are a baby and you have a sister old enough to be your mother. I found it interesting Lisa was selling that she and Ken do not spoil their children on Vanderpump Rules-her son had a skateboard in hand as Lisa picked out a new Bentley, Yolanda claiming her daughter pays her own room and board while away at college with her modeling money, crying poor about not being able to afford a second horse for Bella, it may just be a party line the show is taking-how these women who living in magnificent homes and fabulous lives claim they don't spoil their children.

Ok, I've always claimed that spoiled is a relative thing that has more to do with attitudes than actual material possessions. I've known kids who came from wealthy families that had nice stuff (including big ticket items like cars) who were expected to be polite and hard working and whose parents had no problem dropping the disipline hammer over any number of transgressions, just as I have met kids from lower income families that were taught they were the center of the universe and the whole world should be at their beck and call. So I actually do belive you can raise self-aware, non-spoiled kids even in high income areas like west LA. And Gigi seems like a truly lovely young lady with some good values. HOWEVER there is no way in hell Gigi is paying for that apartment by herself. No way. Unless it's in a horrifically bad neighborhood or a really out of the way place like maybe Hoboken (no disrespect. Hoboken is pretty awesome.) which I just don't see Yo and Mohamed being ok with. if that place is anywhere decent in NYC it's pretty easily in the $3000-$5000 a month range. I really doubt Gigi is making that kind of money. At best I'd say Mohamed bought it as an investment and Gigi is paying some sort of VERY reasonable rent. Why even lie about something that obvious. There's no shame in helping such a young kid, who is working hard, get established in such an expensive city. My parents would have done the same if they had any money.

Edited by FozzyBear
  • Love 8

Yep, IMO, that kid is a pistal packing mamma wannabe

I guess I need help.  I've tried twice to get through this episode and failed both times!  The second time around, last night, my DH decided to join me.  Mind you, he thinks the show is trash, but he watches occasionally like a professor who is doing his research.  Mmmm, hmmm.  Surprise, surprise:  He couldn't get through the episode, either!

The first part had me yawning.  It seems that BRAVO decided to use a lot of filler in the form of flashbacks of old footage.  Aw, c'mon, BRAVO, I've seen all of that stuff 1000 times!  Move forward, remember?

I guess I was supposed to be scandalized by Brandi's choice of a moving boy for a thrill or two.  In that Brandi is attracted to almost everyone in pants, there was nothing new there. 

The original odd couple: Brandi and Kim.  Mutt and Jeff.  I was actually embarrassed for both of them, who were apparently chosen to play low comedy and climb through vermin-infested weeds in search of JR.  What a lame scene!  A waste of film.

Adrienne seems so proud of herself for landing a Busch.  She seems to have a revolving front door these days when it comes to younger men.

Gag me with a spoon over Yo's pathetic attempts to look sexy at 50-whatever.  Nothing seems to thrill her more than reliving her modeling days.  Like Kim, who can't stop talking about her movie star days.  Get lives, ladies!  GET LIVES!

Lisa V's pouty scene with Ken, explaining why she decided to return to the show, was maybe the least convincing scene of all.  I kept wanting to laugh.  Lisa, your "fakeness" is showing!

Oh, wait!  The funniest scene of all belonged to "perfect mommy," Kyle.  She isn't going to have a spoiled brat of a child!  No, sirree!  So she jets Portia off to Tahoe in a private plane for a weekend!  Fast forward to Portia at the age of 16, learning that some of her friends went camping with their families, while Portia looks down her nose and does an "Ewwww!  We took our getaways at Tahoe!"

They tell me there's an Eileen Davidson on this show, but I wouldn't put money on it.

Next week, in lieu of this show, I think I'll watch an infomercial. 

Edited by Lura
  • Love 8
And Gigi seems like a truly lovely young lady with some good values. HOWEVER there is no way in hell Gigi is paying for that apartment by herself. No way.

I understand your disbelief, but I don't agree.  She can absolutely afford to support herself now in NYC.  Sure, the rent on her place (I think it's in the West Village) given the size, probably would be somewhere in the 3-5 thou range.  But Gig isn't some average college girl.  Yo mentioned she had just gotten a Tom Ford campaign.  And she just did one for Guess.  Yikers, that is impressive!  These campaigns are about as high profile as it gets.  And they do pay very, very well -- and more importantly, will certainly lead to lots more high-paying modeling jobs for her.  

So Gigi is likely doing quite well right now as model.  But I suspect it leaves her with little time to devote to school.  Thought I heard she isn't going to NYU anymore & she started going to another school.  She's probably just not gonna have enough time to go to any school.

Btw, I so fuckin' hate Brandi screeching & squealing like a 5 year old every time she greets any of these idiots (well, except Ad -- for obvi reasons).  Think I'm gonna put Brandi on mute now every time I see her.  Ya can throw her in my face, Satan Andy, but if I don't wanna listen to her, I ain't a-gonna!

Edited by ScoobieDoobs
Next week, in lieu of this show, I think I'll watch an infomercial

Well, dat might be you, but it's not me.  I'm in.  I wanna see Eileen.  I'm really curious if her hubby still looks good.  And I wanna see what Kyle is gonna do to make me hate her guts more.  Cuz I know she's gonna do something.  She always does.  She's consistent that way.

• Love 1

VERY unimpressed with this series so far.  I've loved the BH ladies in the past, loved to love some and loved to hate some ;)  The first two seasons were worth watching-- the last two weren't (aren't).  All I see so far is Brandi... Brandi... token appearances by Adrienne... Brandi and Kim suddenly giggling over their hijinks (riiiiiight)...  Yolanda showing off her 'sexy' bod in lingerie or squeezing a tiny pair of pants up her non existent hips.... Kyle suddenly rich and worried about THE CHILD SHE FEATURES ON THE SHOW getting spoiled to attention and wealth.... Brandi worried, Brandi on the prowl, Brandi mouthing mush words around a face that wont move, Brandi,Brandi,Brandi!  Too much Brandi! She is NOT Beverly Hills material-- I don't care if she suddenly married Mohammed, she just doesn't fit in.  At least we got to see inside Lisa's closet again.  Sigh....  I guess I'll dig out my dvd's of Season 1 and 2 to get my fix. 

• Love 10
Kyle must have seen how much attention Milannia received & is now putting Porsha in front of the camera. It's not cute. She doesn't want Porsha to be spoiled but then takes her on a private jet, shops with her in expensive stores etc. The same mother who bought her 16 yr old a Mercedes. Yeah, she doesn't want spoiled kids.

I don't think either of those things spoil Portia. The family is going by private plane because it's more convenient. It's not like they were going to be in a station wagon and Portia demanded the plane so they did that. She's wealthy and she's going to grow up with expensive things. That's her normal, unless they decide to move to a poor neighborhood and all pretend to be lower middle class. There’s a difference between spoiled=brat and spoiled=used to the finer things in life. Portia’s going to be the latter. She doesn’t have to be the former. Same with the daughter who got the Mercedes. It’s a fact that she’s got a wildly expensive car for her age. But so far it seems like she probably handles it as responsibly as any other kid with a car. In their world a cheaper car would probably read as much affectation as lack of spoiling.

• Love 3

The "Will Portia be a brat" story line is kind of weird. Most likely, the stuff Kyle was filmed saying about not wanting Portia to be spoiled was throw away footage at best. And the "demanding behavior" we saw of Portia, wouldn't be considered outside the norm for any other child in any other circumstance. But, somehow BRAVO managed to get a story line and plenty of judgement out of it. This is why I hate seeing kids on these shows. The smallest childhood moment of not perfect behavior gets blown out of proportion. 

Don't get me wrong, Kyle has her issues and I for one am not a fan. But, we really haven't seen anything that would suggest that she is raising Portia to be any more of a diva than her other daughters. Portia is just an easy target because she is used to the cameras, is way too young to moderate her behavior, and her parents thought it was a good idea to allow her to be filmed so much. None of it is her fault and none of it points to her being another Milania. I mean, we have yet to hear one of Portia's cousins complain about Portia choking them during a play date, nor have we heard her call her parents horrible names like "old troll."

I just hope that Kyle takes this as an important lesson in limiting how much screen time her daughter receives.

• Love 4

Guess Brandi thought the idea of braiding Ad's hair was so hilarious, she said it what?  Twice or 18 billion times?  Meh, not so funny, Brandi.  Now, someone should mention Ad's awful ratty extensions, but Brandi ain't the one to make fun of anyone's extensions since she has horrible ones also.

Wow, Lisa is really lookin' her age.  And dat age to me ain't 54.  64?  That I could believe.  54?  Not buyin' it.  And the way Ken is doddering around -- more than ever, he ain't no fuckin' 69.  No damn way.  OK, I just wanna see if any of the peeps who were on TWoP so passionately saying how Lisa & Ken are the ages they claim to be are gonna pop outta the woodworks.  Man, they were sooooo passionate & skeery bout this I thought they were on the T/V payroll.

Hey King David, if you're gonna get just your eyes done, ya might as well do the rest of your face.  So he's got those pulled-in nickel-slot eyes & the rest of his face & neck is saggin' down to the ground.  WTF??

I don't think either of those things spoil Portia. The family is going by private plane because it's more convenient.

Sorry, I wasn't concentrating on any of dat.  It was how demanding & snotty & entitled she was.  And she's only 6.  Ugh. she's gonna to turn into a Paris Hilton nightmare for sure.  And Kyle knows it.  Good, you deserve it, hun.

Edited by ScoobieDoobs
  • Love 1
Sorry, I wasn't concentrating on any of dat.  It was how demanding & snotty & entitled she was.  And she's only 6.  Ugh. she's gonna to turn into a Paris Hilton nightmare for sure.  And Kyle knows it.  Good, you deserve it, hun.

Didn't she just say something like "Can we go now?" That seems pretty average for somebody who's six. It could turn into a bigger problem, but I'm not sure it is yet.

• Love 4

Didn't she just say something like "Can we go now?" That seems pretty average for somebody who's six. It could turn into a bigger problem, but I'm not sure it is yet.

I agree, it is typical 6 years old behavior.

What I see happening is her own mother putting a negative spin on it. Kyle is painting herself as a god mother and I don't believe that she is unaware it is at the expense of her 6 years old . Kyle is not that stupid.

I don't believe that Kyle goes to her talking heads and says stuff she thinks would end up on the cutting room floor. After 5 years of playing the game, she knows the rules.

• Love 4

Oh God, Lisa can miss me with her latest blog. Now she is trying to claim that she was scandalized by Brandi outing Adrienne's surrogacy at the time:

Seeing Miss Glandville with Adrienne was rather surprising for me. I am glad that she saw the situation clearly when remarking that she had to take responsibility for her own actions, not to cowardly try and alleviate herself from the catastrophe that she created.

I remember so clearly, gently chastising BG in the kitchen, still believing naively that her intentions weren't all bad. In fact, that was probably the beginning of my realization of who we were dealing with.

Really, Lisa? That was why you were encouraging Brandi with all sorts of questions of Adrienne's wrongdoings and lies? That was why you adamantly defended Brandi the entire season? Your "realizations" are certainly weak-minded, if that is the case.

• Love 6

I agree that Yolanda is just not sexy. Yes, beautiful but she is so icy and formal and serious. I actually like David. You could tell he thought Yolanda looked hot but knew he couldn't really "do" anything about it since they were on camera! So off they proceeded to eat that stiff and awkward dinner together. I don't see much chemistry there either, and it's Yolanda's fault. There is something matronly about her or something. Why not sit on his lap and kiss him?

Brandi just gets more and more gross. What a joke, her friendship with Kim now. It's because no one else will give her the time of day. The mover was cute...and a baby. Get a life Brandi. She is just a sleaze and guys (including JR) will just use her. She solidified that after putting out that gutter-trash last book.

Adrienne remains terrifying.

I bet Brandi starts flirting heavily with H. Hamlin. I hope Rinna punches her out.

• Love 1

I don't believe that Kyle goes to her talking heads and says stuff she thinks would end up on the cutting room floor. After 5 years of playing the game, she knows the rules.

Not only does she have 5 years of Real Housewife experience under her belt, but she's a former child star, as was Kim, and her nieces Paris and Nicky enjoyed their own 15 minutes as young women. She knows that being on camera can mean money and notoriety.  Perhaps Kyle's other daughters had no interest in being filmed or notorious. Because they either had personalities like Teresa's Gabriella and preferred to be mainly left alone or because they didn't get exposed to the HW cameras until well into middle school - college, in Farah's case.  But Portia - I can totally see Kyle realizing that living vicariously through her older daughters wasn't going to happen so Portia is her final attempt at a last hurrah.

Paris, imo, is a skank but she's built herself an empire.  Perhaps Kyle is looking to build a brand for her youngest.  Nothing wrong with trying to secure a prosperous future for your children, but I'd never go about it like this.

• Love 5

Oh God, Lisa can miss me with her latest blog. Now she is trying to claim that she was scandalized by Brandi outing Adrienne's surrogacy at the time:

Really, Lisa? That was why you were encouraging Brandi with all sorts of questions of Adrienne's wrongdoings and lies? That was why you adamantly defended Brandi the entire season? Your "realizations" are certainly weak-minded, if that is the case.

There was a scene where Lisa told Brandi she should not have said what she did about Adrienne. Brandi defended herself saying that Adrienne started it by attacking her first. I don't think Lisa questioned Brandi's motives all that much, buying into Brandi's account because she had also been attacked by Bernie/Adrienne as well, so I think she believed her for quite a while if not most of that season. BUT, I do think Brandi has fooled most of these women at 1 point or another since she joined the show and then has attacked them 1 by 1.

• Love 2

Wow.  I guess I was watching a different show given some of the comments regarding Portia and Kyle's one comment regarding Portia.  So Portia asks can we go now, comments on something being on her seat and, asks if she has to buckle up and says it's hot.  This makes her a spoiled brat that somehow she is in the same category as Miliana?  What the heck is bratty about anything she said? 

As far as Kyle's TH, all she said is that Portia has grown up in a different environment than her sisters.  When the other girls were growing up, the family all stayed in one hotel room and she tried to get them cheaper tickets by declaring the girls were younger than they were.  She wants to keep Portia grounded with their present style of living.  Is this comment creating a 'storyline' for Kyle?  Or was it Kyle being asked by producers a question in her talking head?  I think the latter.

Being the youngest with sisters who are significantly older than her, sure, Portia is probably going to be treated differently.  She's absolutely going to be coddled a bit more. There's nothing unusual about that.  There's also nothing unusual about a six year old expressing herself (as can be seen in the next episode).    She's a normal six year old and the concerns of Kyle are totally normal, given their situation.  From what I've seen, Kyle and Mauricio are good parents and their children seem to be good kids.  Are kids perfect?  No.  Are parents perfect?  No.  But overall the family has a good relationship with one another.

• Love 8

I'm wondering if she might give a different vibe in person. I posted elsewhere I saw Gigi a few months ago, walking along 6th Avenue in the Village & honestly, I've never thought she was especially pretty on the show or in pics I've seen -- but in person, she really is quite striking and definitely beautiful. Maybe it's the same with Yo.

Also, it depends what she's wearing. Almost nobody can wear anything in white & actually look good. But Yo can & she can look really hot (to me) when she wears white.

And then there's dat phony vibe between her & King David. It just seems so forced & ick & unhot, it ain't gonna do much to make her sexy, eh?

It could be. I can see Yo being better in photos than in person or vise versa. And honestly, sexy is such a vibe thing that is so different from being beautiful or even pretty exactly. For all of her endless whining about everything on earth that ever happened anywhere near her, I can actually see Kyle as being very sexy to men. In fact one of the things that bugs me about her is the fact that I'm sure despite the "woe is me, I'm not a 6 foot tall model like everyone else in LA" rant, I can easily see her as the one that captures the most male attention in a real world setting. She's very pretty in a petite, yet curvy way lots of men love. Plus, love her or hate her (I hate) you have to admit the girl has charisma. When Kyle's in a room the room revolves around Kyle. Whether she wants it to or not. She just has that sort of presence that's almost impossible not to notice. Lisa has a bit of that too, which is why I think they but heads. Anywho, this is all to say that I doubt Kyle has spent much time alone on a Saturday night. While Yo, who is maybe more classically, model-y beautiful I can see lacking from real hot and heavy male attention for stretches. Yo just doesn't read as very interesting, or fun, or sensual. She may be all those things, but she doesn't project it in the same way a Kyle or a Lisa does.

• Love 1