Type keyword(s) to search

Lisa Rinna: These are the Lips of her Life

• Start Topic

Someone in an episode thread nailed my feelings on Lisa R. She is like any other housewife who drops bombs and then runs away. But she drops them under the pretense of being virtuous. 

Everyone talks about LVP not sharing her issues, and she doesn't. But Lisa R is living in a serious fucking glass house and no one is paying attention. She's referred to alcohol abuse in her own family, yes. Otherwise we've got her removing a swingset, visits (infrequently) with her parents, shilling for QVC, and getting into other peoples' shit. Maybe this was why Kim was so frustrated that she doesn't worry about her own family. For all we know, Lisa is an anorexic with rage issues and is in an open marriage to a gay man who has a history of substance abuse. I'm not saying she is or isn't. I'm saying no one is bringing it up under false pretenses and forcing her to "own it" on TV.

ETA: I wrote this unaware that Lisa's father has passed on. My condolences to all involved and I hope he is at peace.

Edited by The Mighty Peanut
  • Love 5

So, Lipsa might finally make it back to Oregon, to film her in black at her dad's funeral, with lots of tears.

I wonder if she'll then continue to ignore her mother?  Fly all over the country, but don't hop the short and direct flight to Medford.

• Love 1

Her father was a very talented artist.  I hope she retained his artwork and has the smarts to pass onto her daughters when they are ready.  It was sad when she said he wanted to die.  RIP Mr. Rinna.

I always wondered if perhaps the reason her visits were few to her parents is that they found her a little high maintenance.  Not that she wasn't welcome, they just weren't begging for a visit. 

• Love 7
Umbelina, on 22 Jan 2016 - 2:51 PM, said:

So, Lipsa might finally make it back to Oregon, to film her in black at her dad's funeral, with lots of tears.

I wonder if she'll then continue to ignore her mother?  Fly all over the country, but don't hop the short and direct flight to Medford.

Is that really necessary? 

• Love 3

I wonder if she'll then continue to ignore her mother? Fly all over the country, but don't hop the short and direct flight to Medford.

Lisar will go to the funeral, she will cry and sob, while also hitting her marks. She'll give a speech while appearing to barely hold herself together, advocating awareness of whatever caused her father's death. We may see her pimp something like Natural Causes Awareness.
  • Love 2

Since filming has already wrapped, are you suggesting that she would reenact her father's funeral for next season? I don't think even "anything for a paycheck" LisaR is that callous or fame hungry.

• Love 5

So because she rightfully called out Kim for her alcohol/drug use she's happy her Father died so she can cry on camera? I think Kyle was also accused of wanting Kim to die so she could do the same. 

Kim wasn't sober for 3 years and nobody was obligated to pretend like she was. It doesn't mean someone wants their parent to die.

• Love 8

Lisa R gave me enough reason to criticize her attention to her elderly, ailing parents.  Early in this season and last year she said she rarely visited or even called but that she has accepted that. Her FaceTime call revealed that her father had been to the hospital 2x in the previous few weeks, and she didn't even know about it.  His health had been failing, yet she hadn't called in 2-3 weeks to see how he was doing?  She dragged the cameras up there with her daughters last year, and their reaction to the place revealed that they hadn't been there to often and she herself admitted that her sister was the one taking care of the parents.  Yet she will fly across the country at the drop of the hat to see a lame mini-horse, and says, "You're having a charity event? I will be there!" 

Last year she gets called out by Kim for sending her mean tweets, and she suddenly gets tearful and throws her dad under the but for demeaning her as a kid? I don't think there is any level Lisar wouldn't stoop to to use her M&D for publicity or an excuse.  Taking care of them? Not so much.  I am sure she is sad that he died and is mourning him, but I wouldn't doubt there is a little part of her that wishes it had happened during filming.  Oh I wonder if they will cremate him...the possibilities for a scattering the ashes scene for next year.

• Love 3

Since filming has already wrapped, are you suggesting that she would reenact her father's funeral for next season? I don't think even "anything for a paycheck" LisaR is that callous or fame hungry.

Nah, I think they will show it next year.  OR, if they get a chance to tack it on this year they will.  Cameras will be there, so this time, Lipsa will show up.

Lisa R gave me enough reason to criticize her attention to her elderly, ailing parents.  Early in this season and last year she said she rarely visited or even called but that she has accepted that. Her FaceTime call revealed that her father had been to the hospital 2x in the previous few weeks, and she didn't even know about it.  His health had been failing, yet she hadn't called in 2-3 weeks to see how he was doing?  She dragged the cameras up there with her daughters last year, and their reaction to the place revealed that they hadn't been there to often and she herself admitted that her sister was the one taking care of the parents.  Yet she will fly across the country at the drop of the hat to see a lame mini-horse, and says, "You're having a charity event? I will be there!" 

Last year she gets called out by Kim for sending her mean tweets, and she suddenly gets tearful and throws her dad under the but for demeaning her as a kid? I don't think there is any level Lisar wouldn't stoop to to use her M&D for publicity or an excuse.  Taking care of them? Not so much.  I am sure she is sad that he died and is mourning him, but I wouldn't doubt there is a little part of her that wishes it had happened during filming.  Oh I wonder if they will cremate him...the possibilities for a scattering the ashes scene for next year.

EXACTLY.

• Love 1

Lisa might not be equipped to be a traditional, caring daughter but it is stretching a bit, to think that she is now happy that her father is deceased, IMO.

Since she did not participate in the days to days caregiving, her life most likely will not change.

May he rip.

• Love 4

Lisa might not be equipped to be a traditional, caring daughter but it is stretching a bit, to think that she is now happy that her father is deceased, IMO.

Since she did not participate in the days to days caregiving, her life most likely will not change.

May he rip.

I don't doubt she is genuinely upset, but she's got some warped boundaries. She's rather shameless.
  • Love 3

May he rip.

No one posted that she is happy he is dead.  I think you are dead on with the rest of your post. 

• Love 4

I don't like Lisa Rinna, but I am slow to judge her relationship with her parents because we have no idea of the true background of what they were like when raising her or what has gone in their relationships. Family can be very tricky and complicated (see: the Richards - a lot of people changed their minds about Kyle when they saw more of the reality of Kim's substance abuse issues), and I think it's hard to draw substantive conclusions when we don't have most of the facts at our disposal.

• Love 12

I don't like Lisa Rinna, but I am slow to judge her relationship with her parents because we have no idea of the true background of what they were like when raising her or what has gone in their relationships. Family can be very tricky and complicated (see: the Richards - a lot of people changed their minds about Kyle when they saw more of the reality of Kim's substance abuse issues), and I think it's hard to draw substantive conclusions when we don't have most of the facts at our disposal.

But even the most heinous housewife, let's use Theresa as an example - has something in her background that made her as despicable as some of us think she is. 

I don't get too upset with myself, or anyone, for being judgey. Because we will never have all the facts/background on any of them.  All we're doing is judging what they put before us to be judged. We just all interpret it differently which is what makes the conversation around here so entertaining.

• Love 2

Aside from that?  Bravo loves it's funeral/ashes scenes, or people dressing for them, whatever they can get.  Hell, we got Sonja's DOG funeral.  Eileen's going to scatter her sister's ashes this year.  Lipsa won't waste this opportunity for a story, she can't rely on Kim for her storyline forever after all, and even she knows that.

• Love 1

But even the most heinous housewife, let's use Theresa as an example - has something in her background that made her as despicable as some of us think she is. 

I don't get too upset with myself, or anyone, for being judgey. Because we will never have all the facts/background on any of them.  All we're doing is judging what they put before us to be judged. We just all interpret it differently which is what makes the conversation around here so entertaining.

I don't get upset with anyone for getting judgey - I judge plenty myself - I was just saying that I personally am slow to judge these particular relationships from the very little we have seen on screen.

• Love 5

I got the idea from last year, that Lisa's step-sister is closer to her parents and does/did the majority of the care-giving for her dad.   I don't find that unusual.  There is always one child that somehow takes on that position.   It's especially hard when parents move into an assisted living facility.  They get so used to a daily schedule and routine, visits almost seem to upset them.  It's always a little different when you can go "home".    Because they were of an age (and her mother having dementia issues), using electronic communication isn't easy.    Her father seemingly had health issues for some time, so going in and out of the hospital becomes almost routine - no need to rush to their side.   I dealt with similar issues, and staying in touch, but my brother was the one who was looking after my mother.  It was hard on her when we all came to visit.  She liked the first hour or two, then wanted to get back to her "programs" .   

• Love 10

An aside, I think I met her dad, there was a local yearly art auction in Medford, back when it was a very small town, it was combined with a Native American Pow Wow, and I'd go when I visited my aunt, actually I'd try to go during that time because a dear friend of mine also participated.  I didn't realize it until I saw a younger photo of him, and remembered that during the "quick paint" which was 1-2 hours (can't remember, but it was great to walk among and talk to the artists as they painted for that part of the auction.)  Most used oils or acrylics, some sculpting, and some water color artists.  If I've got the right guy, he was very good, and very kind.  The money for that all went to the arts council I believe.

http://www.mailtribune.com/article/20160122/NEWS/160129837

Lisa Rinna said that his work at Harry and David required him to travel frequently. When her acting career took her to major cities starting in the 1980s, her father would meet her.

"I would meet up with him in Chicago," Rinna said. "He was always so supportive."

She remembers when her now-teenage daughters were about 5 and 8 years old, they'd ride in his golf cart from the home to the golf course.

"He spent hours and hours with them in the golf cart," she said.

Rinna said she gained her work ethic from him. Frank Rinna was an accomplished artist who graduated summa cum laude from the California College of Arts and Crafts in Berkeley in 1949, after serving in the Air Force during World War II.

"He was always so supportive. He always thought I could do so much more than I thought I could do," she said.

Rinna's daughters loved spending time with him in his art studio, where he spent much of his time after retiring. The juried member of the Oregon Watercolor Society would teach his granddaughters new art techniques and help them tap into their creativity.

"They adored him," Rinna said. "He was very patient."

http://www.mailtribune.com/article/20091113/TEMPO/911130307

"Frank Rinna Retrospective: 1990-2009"

Edited by Umbelina

Screen-Shot-2016-02-03-at-2.15.19-PM.png

There is the infamous arm pit vagina of Lipsa's.  From TrashTalk's latest review.  http://www.trashtalktv.com/02/03/real-housewives-of-beverly-hills-recap-cud-on-the-dance-floor/378823/

Really Umbelina???  You had to post a picture????  It's late and I'm going to go to bed soon.....and as I lie there trying to go to sleep, this is what I'll be visualizing.  It's almost a tie with Yo's feet.  :)

Geez, although I think Lisar is too skinny but this fifty two year old woman is in great shape.  I just wish men and women of every age would carefully look at themselves in the mirror before they let themselves be filmed.  In real life, this probably no way looked as bad as on a big HDTV.

Edited by breezy424
  • Love 3

Okay, I am not going to lie, I thought this tweet from Lisa Rinna was genuinely snarky and funny:

"Takes a lot of energy to do this stupid Twitter shit. Yolanda must be exhausted. ❤️Poor Thing."

Ha! I love that the gloves are coming off with regard to Yolanda.

• Love 9

Why do so many middle-aged women think they look good in sleeveless tops?! Sorry, sometimes it's just not cute!

Aww. I don't know - I actually thought she looked great in that dress in general. I'm sure if we freeze framed anyone after extensive footage we'd find an unflattering pic at some point. But, I do agree that this looks not so cute in this moment.

Edited by jimene79
  • Love 5

Why do so many middle-aged women think they look good in sleeveless tops?! Sorry, sometimes it's just not cute!

Well I am middle aged and plump and wear tank tops all the time.lol

What do u expect me to wear at the gym and in the summertime?

Burkas?

• Love 8

Aww. I don't know - I actually thought she looked great in that dress in general. I'm sure if we freeze framed anyone after extensive footage we'd find an unflattering pic at some point. But, I do agree that this looks not so cute in this moment.

Lisa is very fit - but I don't get the love of sleeveless tops, even when it's not working. Newscasters wear them even in the winter these days.

Well I am middle aged and plump and wear tank tops all the time.lol

What do u expect me to wear at the gym and in the summertime?

Burkas?

I didn't say middle-aged women shouldn't wear them - just that it's not always cute. Edited by nexxie

Lisa is very fit - but I don't get the love of sleeveless tops, even when it's not working. Newscasters wear them even in the winter these days. I didn't say middle-aged women shouldn't wear them - just that it's not always cute.

Girl, (?)I don't thrive for cute. I thrive for comfort.

I think that when the show was filmed , there was a heatwave in la.

So she might have thrive for comfort too.

And I think that she looks good , shorter sleeves are even less flattering as it cut the lines, IMO.

I was not offended FYI.

I am just a strong proponent of dressing for oneself. :-)

• Love 7

Girl, (?)I don't thrive for cute. I thrive for comfort.

I think that when the show was filmed , there was a heatwave in la.

So she might have thrive for comfort too.

And I think that she looks good , shorter sleeves are even less flattering as it cut the lines, IMO.

I was not offended FYI.

I am just a strong proponent of dressing for oneself. :-)

I'm with you there - fashion isn't my thing and I do what feels good. But I still think the sleeveless look works much better on younger people, women or men - and I don't get its popularity.
  • Love 1

I'm with you there - fashion isn't my thing and I do what feels good. But I still think the sleeveless look works much better on younger people, women or men - and I don't get its popularity.

Do me a favor, try a cap sleeve and then sleeveless.

I guarantee that no matter what your shape is, you look better with sleeveless.

• Love 3

Screen-Shot-2016-02-03-at-2.15.19-PM.png

There is the infamous arm pit vagina of Lipsa's.  From TrashTalk's latest review.  http://www.trashtalktv.com/02/03/real-housewives-of-beverly-hills-recap-cud-on-the-dance-floor/378823/

What's so odd about that dangly stuff is, overall, Rinna is quite toned. When I first saw the image I thought it looked like all the fat in her upper arm had been shoved into her pit.

Sounds absurd, yes? Then I found this (proving once again that one can find anything on the Web):

http://www.smartbeautyguide.com/procedures/body/upper-arm-lift

The relevant part:

Limited-incision brachioplasty: If excess hanging skin is located close to the armpit, your surgeon may be able to pull up and tuck this excess skin into the armpit. This works best if you have loose, crepe-like skin in the lower inner arm area near the armpit and do not have too much excess fatty tissue.

Perhaps? And, like Botox, a procedure that can fix one problem but possibly cause another.

• Love 3

What's so odd about that dangly stuff is, overall, Rinna is quite toned. When I first saw the image I thought it looked like all the fat in her upper arm had been shoved into her pit.

Sounds absurd, yes? Then I found this (proving once again that one can find anything on the Web):

http://www.smartbeautyguide.com/procedures/body/upper-arm-lift

The relevant part:

Perhaps? And, like Botox, a procedure that can fix one problem but possibly cause another.

I saw a photo of her straight on in that same dress and the arm hole was pulled up on one side, the side in the above photo, and cause the skin to crepe but on the other arm, the arm hole is lower and does not pinch the skin so no creping is seen. IMO, her 1 armpit looks like this because of the dress ridding up, not because she really has creping skin in her armpits. LOL

• Love 2

Do me a favor, try a cap sleeve and then sleeveless.

I guarantee that no matter what your shape is, you look better with sleeveless.

Cap sleeves look silly on almost anyone over five - but if you do a google image search there are some pics of Lisa with cap sleeves and she pulls it off pretty well!

There are also tons of pics with Lisa in sleeveless outfits - maybe that's been her favorite look. I think it's easy for us women to look in the mirror and see ourselves when we were at our best instead of the older version with flabbier arms, mottled skin, and armpit vaginas. lol

imo most middle-aged women look good in sleeves that come to the elbow, or three-quarter sleeves that can be pushed up. I love Lisa and Eileen in those flowing hippie blouses that accent their shoulders!

• Love 1

Cap sleeves look silly on almost anyone over five - but if you do a google image search there are some pics of Lisa with cap sleeves and she pulls it off pretty well!

There are also tons of pics with Lisa in sleeveless outfits - maybe that's been her favorite look. I think it's easy for us women to look in the mirror and see ourselves when we were at our best instead of the older version with flabbier arms, mottled skin, and armpit vaginas. lol

imo most middle-aged women look good in sleeves that come to the elbow, or three-quarter sleeves that can be pushed up. I love Lisa and Eileen in those flowing hippie blouses that accent their shoulders!

Lol.

My snarky friend said that everything is sleeveless because it uses less fabric and labor and manufacturers can still charge the same amount.

Maybe you are both right....lol

• Love 3

Lol.

My snarky friend said that everything is sleeveless because it uses less fabric and labor and manufacturers can still charge the same amount.

Maybe you are both right....lol

Reminds me of that recent trend when edges were left raggedy instead of paying for them to be hemmed.
  • Love 3

Reminds me of that recent trend when edges were left raggedy instead of paying for them to be hemmed.

Or -- and this is a serious peeve of mine -- the way t-shirts (both long and short sleeved) are made of such flimsy fabric, one needs a tank top (conveniently available on a nearby rack or table in matching and complementary shades) to ensure some measure of coverage.

Topic? Unite Lisa's armpit with that lipo service Kyle is now pimping and Bravo has a Rinna & Richards storyline for next season.

• Love 4

Rinna's Twitter profile pic is SUPER cute. I like the hair! Still short but a little more body and a little more modern. She kinda looks like the Countess.

I've always thought Luann's hairstyle seemed effortless, while Lisar's looks much more forced.

I'm sure if we freeze framed anyone after extensive footage we'd find an unflattering pic at some point. But, I do agree that this looks not so cute in this moment.

My beef with her sleeveless looks has nothing to do with freeze framing, because it's the waggling of her upper arm as she swing her arms around when she's wrapped up in describing how kooky she is.  I find it distracting.

I've always thought Luann's hairstyle seemed effortless, while Lisar's looks much more forced.

Yes, I used to have my hair as short as the Countess' and it never looked as good! I wonder how much work goes into looking that natural!

But... alas, it looks like Rinna has gone back to her shag, per a photo she posted about an hour ago. 

Edited by ivygirl

Yes, I used to have my hair as short as the Countess' and it never looked as good! I wonder how much work goes into looking that natural!

But... alas, it looks like Rinna has gone back to her shag, per a photo she posted about an hour ago.

The countess makes everything effortless, IMO.

Even the way she dresses high or low is always so chic.( except maybe the huge jewelry at time)

There must be some secrets that only models share.

Yoyo ( before the silent disease) was also well put together(although not that crazy weave).

Rinna looks great with that hair but doesn't she get sick of always having the same hair?

• Love 2

The countess makes everything effortless, IMO.

Even the way she dresses high or low is always so chic.( except maybe the huge jewelry at time)

There must be some secrets that only models share.

Yoyo ( before the silent disease) was also well put together(although not that crazy weave).

Rinna looks great with that hair but doesn't she get sick of always having the same hair?

If Lisar wore the bubble do she has on her Twitter page-what would change?  LVP has the same hairdo, haven't seen Kathryn with anything but her hairdo, the rest of long hair and can change things up.  It looks good on Rinna and she has shown us she will step away on occasion and quite frankly, I didn't think the 'do did her any favors.  I think she should worry more about her lips than her hair.

• Love 1

The "Lipsa has an armpit vagina" thing has been going on since the first season.  This is just ONE photo of that, there have been many over the past year.

I admit, I kind of cracked up at that particular way of phrasing it, and it DOES look quite vulva like. I can't tell if the bottom of the arm hole is too tight, or too high, or if she would have that dangly stuff even with a lower cut armhole?

• Love 2

The "Lipsa has an armpit vagina" thing has been going on since the first season.  This is just ONE photo of that, there have been many over the past year.

I admit, I kind of cracked up at that particular way of phrasing it, and it DOES look quite vulva like. I can't tell if the bottom of the arm hole is too tight, or too high, or if she would have that dangly stuff even with a lower cut armhole?

Lisar and Bethenny do the same thing they have their clothing tailored very snugly and as they age it starts to show some undesirable aging trends.  Althought they both look great sometimes really thin has its downside.

• Love 4