Type keyword(s) to search

Small Talk: The Prayer Closet

Message added by Scarlett45

This is a reminder that the Politics Policy is still in effect.

I understand with recent current events there may be a desire to discuss political social media posts of those in the Duggar realm- this is not the place for those discussions. If you believe someone has violated forum rules, report them, do not respond or engage.

Political discussion is not allowed in this forum- this includes Small Talk topics. Please stay in the spirit of the policy- I have noticed a tendency for some to follow the letter but not the spirit.

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

While we understand the frustration (change is never easy), please keep in mind that not everyone feels the same way and that for those members who don't, the ongoing conversation about other forums and chat options can equally be a cause of frustration.

Out of respect for your fellow posters, we kindly ask that you continue any discussion about alternatives via PM or the Technically Speaking: Bugs, Questions, & Suggestions area.

• Start Topic

Well hi all you Northern Calif people, I haven't completely moved out of Sacramento yet though I need to.  I live now in the South Bay area and am considering moving to Seal Beach.  Maybe in a year or so since I just got back in my house and have many, many things to do.  Among them are getting out of Sacramento for good since it's costing me money.  I have a mobile home, have to pay space rent which is quite high, I had it while I worked there, like 20 years.  Enjoyed it though, except for the heat.  

Jellybeans bless your soul, I surely hope your weekend went well and you are at peace.

• Love 1
(edited)

Sorry. I've been MIA. I broke my wrist a few days ago. It was crazy bizarre. I picked Maisie up from her swing to take her in and our dog bounded out from under the porch, pushing Maisie and I in to the garden. This blows.

A broken wrist that just stinks, you must have been clutching our Maisie thru the fall trying to protect her.Seems the dog was doing the same thing bounding out of from under the porch because he did not know it was you.   FFhjugs kisses and love to you 

Edited by amitville
  • Love 1

Oh NOOOOOO, Wander!!! As if you didn't have enough going on!!! You have much reading to catch up on! Especially fun is an article posted in "media" about an inmate who says Josh framed him and planted his (the inmate's) fingerprints on the victim. I'm thinking Nancy Grace needs to MOVE on this story...

• Love 1

wanderwoman, that's awful!! Wishing you a speedy and painless recovery. It reminds me of when my mom was watching my then-infant son and stumbled down the last few steps (thanks to a dog again) and she broke her toe. The things we do with babies in our arms! 

• Love 1

JellyBeans,

Thinking of you.

Wanderwoman, that totally stinks. Hope you heal up quickly. Glad the baby is OK.  

I fell down some stairs holding my infant son...he was fine. I was banged up but fine. I took a bad fall carrying my baby daughter too.

Carrying babies can be dangerous sometimes! I've heard many stories over the years of mom falling with a baby in their arms. I guess we are focused on the baby and off balance holding precious cargo....

• Love 1

I'm in Sunnyvale where it does get damn hot but work in South San Francisco so I am accustomed to dressing in layers and shedding them as I go south...

So random, but every.single.time. someone writes "Sunnyvale" I think "Sunnydale". When Palm Inc was imploding and there was a ton of news out of "Sunnyvale, CA" I kept mentally imagining angry vampires, not a mismanaged tech company. Ahem. Carry on. And maybe carry a stake and cross, just in case.

Sorry. I've been MIA. I broke my wrist a few days ago. It was crazy bizarre. I picked Maisie up from her swing to take her in and our dog bounded out from under the porch, pushing Maisie and I in to the garden. This blows.

OUCH! I am so sorry. Someday you can laugh about that though. I think most new parents have one weird injury/story from when their kids were babies. I once got up to use the bathroom before grabbing my son when he was a month old, and as I went to sit down I fell asleep and chipped a tooth on the bathroom sink. At least you can blame the dog!

• Love 4
(edited)

I went to Disneyworld in late June a few years ago and it was wonderful. A little drizzly a couple of days, but nothing severe. Not hot; I can't stand heat and you'd still be hearing about it if I got bug bit. I really love the local Disneyland and have relatives who have season passes, but I don't. My problem is now one of mobility---getting there and back and walking, although I do rides really well. I'd love to do Disneyworld again. I am going to be doing exercises trying to build up strength again.

Snort. My DD1 is in college in LA (we are in the northeast), and seems to think that's a good reason for us to buy her season passes to Disney. Well, one pass, I guess, surely she's not delusional enough to expect us to provide one for The Boyfriend. Apparently lifeguarding at the college pool doesn't pay enough to support her Disney habit. Life is hard. :-)

Ow, that must have been both painful and really, really shocking. Hope you're managing okay. Love to our Maisie! Edited by JenCarroll
  • Love 2

I was curious enough to look at our forecast for the week. 90's all week. Thursday and Friday, rain but still in the 90's. At least the forecaster had the grace to call it precipitation instead of rain. Rain at 94 is a sauna. It's just sort of wettish.

I was curious enough to look at our forecast for the week. 90's all week. Thursday and Friday, rain but still in the 90's. At least the forecaster had the grace to call it precipitation instead of rain. Rain at 94 is a sauna. It's just sort of wettish.

Long  Island is going to rainy and muggy this week.

Well hi all you Northern Calif people, I haven't completely moved out of Sacramento yet though I need to. I live now in the South Bay area and am considering moving to Seal Beach. Maybe in a year or so since I just got back in my house and have many, many things to do.

Micks Picks, if you move to Seal Beach you will love it. Well, everything except for the LA/Orange County traffic.

• Love 2

Golly Wanderwoman, you can't seem to catch a break. Oops no pun intended. That really sucks. We find out how much we use each body part, when we can't. Must be tough handling a squirmy baby. Warm & fuzzy thoughts for you.

• Love 3

Loves2Dance, do you know folks in Seal Beach?  

I'm only maybe 15 miles from there now, and it looks like it has the little shops of Seal and Sunset beaches.  But looks like a south facing beach so not as cool as a west facing beach where I am now.  I've heard people love it.  It's just me and my mini australian shepherd, and he has to be happy.  I take him most places, inside, and no one says anything.  He's about 35-40 lbs so not a little dog, but very well behaved.  I thought there would be a lot to do there.

Thank you everyone for the prayers, thoughts and good wishes. I guess it went well but I was rattled by seeing the box go into the hole, not something I am used to dealing with... plus my shock at seeing dirt go over her box. I don't know what I was expecting but a shovel felt painful.

I feel no better afterwards. My EX's family came my house over afterwards and did not say a word to me. Well, they did hug me bye. I sat with my landlord and my daughter's childhood friends.

wanderwoman! what? you may have a need for calcium or something from all your time in the hospital with Maisie!

• Love 2

I'm sorry that Jellybeans had such an emotionally difficult time and that Wander broke a bone. Both of you should have a long string of pleasant days after everything you've been through, and I hope those days are coming.

And I hate hot weather, which is why I was so excited to move to Ireland. Where we've had beautiful sunny days in the high sixties and cool nights, and only a little rain. And we love meeting new people. Just saying! :)

• Love 3

Hello! I've spent the last few days reading. I'm a veteran Duggar snarker on FJ and facebook. I registered so I figure I'd introduce myself. My screen name comes from my car..I'm a mom and grandma and live in "Sin City"...

Wanderwoman, I read all about Maisie and I'll admit my eyes sprung a few leaks along the way. Jellybeans, my heart hurts for you. 

Anyway, just thought I'd say hello before I jumped into posting. 

RPD

• Love 9

Thank you everyone for the prayers, thoughts and good wishes. I guess it went well but I was rattled by seeing the box go into the hole, not something I am used to dealing with... plus my shock at seeing dirt go over her box. I don't know what I was expecting but a shovel felt painful.

I feel no better afterwards. My EX's family came my house over afterwards and did not say a word to me. Well, they did hug me bye. I sat with my landlord and my daughter's childhood friends.

wanderwoman! what? you may have a need for calcium or something from all your time in the hospital with Maisie!

Jellybeans ((((((((((((((((((hugs)))))))))))))))))))) your strength amazes me

• Love 5
(edited)

Jellybeans ((((((((((((((((((hugs)))))))))))))))))))) your strength amazes me

Everyone says that. But I am not given a choice. I wish someone else could take a load off my shoulders.

I wish I could show everyone her headstone but I have to protect my identity.

Edited by Jellybeans
  • Love 2

Even though I can't see the headstone, or pictures of Maisie growing every day, or so many of the struggles and joys we all share, big and small, I think, like many, I see them with my mind's eye. They may look a little different from the actual reality, but they are very real and true in spirit and warm wishes.

• Love 7

Everyone says that. But I am not given a choice. I wish someone else could take a load off my shoulders.

I wish I could everyone her headstone but I have to protect my identity.

It's a different circumstance but I can honestly say I understand what you mean on your first sentences. When I was in the hospital with a severe muscle disease as a kid, nearly paralyzed and with a crash cart next to my bed because they figured they'd need it, people would always say "you're so strong" and I just wanted to scream "I had an option?!?"  Don't get me wrong, I DO think you are incredibly strong, but I understand that feeling too.

I'm sorry it was such a hard day for you. Hugs to you.

• Love 5

NikSac, that was lovely, the way you worded that.

JB, I know sometimes you want to pull the covers over your head and just quit - but you never do. You're stronger than you think. You don't know how WE ALL WISH we could take some of that load off your shoulders. XOXO

Wander, PFFFT. Someone said earlier you can't catch a break, and I swear, it's true. If you don't own a closet full of Wonderwoman clothes, you should get some immediately.

[which reminds me of a hooker I used to see in downtown atlantanon my way to work in the mornings - out there to offer her services to the 3rd shifters getting off... And she dressed from head to toe in that sparkly Wonderwoman costume. I nearly caused an accident the first time I saw her and couldn't WAIT to get to work to tell everyone. Those were the days... Before we had a camera in our hand 20 hours a day!]

NOT to say you made me think of a hooker...

• Love 2

That reminds me, I swear I saw a prostitute at a bus stop in the middle of the day and all I could think of was Patty the Daytime Hooker from My Name Is Earl. Now I have to see if there is a forum for that here.

• Love 5

I wish I could everyone her headstone but I have to protect my identity.

Jellybeans i hope this thread has become a safe spot where you can come and let your guard down .

• Love 4

Jellybeans i hope this thread has become a safe spot where you can come and let your guard down .

It has, and thank you.... I also notice my horrible grammar when I come back. LOL.

Seriously, I appreciate all of you. Wanderwoman is Wonderwoman!

• Love 6

That reminds me, I swear I saw a prostitute at a bus stop in the middle of the day and all I could think of was Patty the Daytime Hooker from My Name Is Earl. Now I have to see if there is a forum for that here.

I pulled out the good boob! - my favorite Patty line. I'll join you over in the MNIE forum.

In Duggar-related news, I met up with some family this weekend that lives in NE Arkansas. I was going to ask them about the Duggars but before I even had a chance my family brought them up and said that they gave NE Arkansas a bad name. All agreed that there were far too many children and that fame had gone to their heads. Don't know if it's a popular opinion there, but at least 2 people in that area aren't Duggar fans.

JellyBeans,

Yes, something about the dirt and the hole...makes it very final. Or something.

My husband has a picture of me standing by my mom's graveside with the flowers on top of the big pile of dirt...you can see the anguish and shock on my face. He took it from a distance...after everyone else had left and it was just me and my mom. 

I'm glad you made it through the rough day. I was thinking of you. 

The headstone sounds very pretty. 

• Love 6

I totally understand where you are coming from JellyBeans. Years back when we buried my brother it was summertime. Months later during the first snow fall it again was difficult for me; it didn't feel good to me that he was being 'buried again'. 

It is not only your strength I admire, it is also your willingness to share your heartache. 

• Love 7

No kidding - how awful! Hope you are at least not in pain now. Good luck and speedy healing! ❤️

• Love 1

Sad news I woke up this morning and found that one of the cats crossed over the rainbow bridge and she was only 8 yrs. old.

My condolences.  I had to put my 8 year old Norwegian Forest Cat down this past winter due to lymphoma.  It sucks when they're that young. 

• Love 3

There was no water running in my building for the past 2 days, and i got to tall to a sweet old woman in blue jeans. She had some choice, ungodly words for management, and she even managed to insult the Duggars in her rant.

"I bet that crazy bat Michelle Duggar would send all 19 of her f*cking kids to horde the water and not even f*cking bathe in it. I heard you could smell her before you saw her back in the day"

I'd take what she said with a grain of salt though, this woman was a born and raised new yorker.

• Love 3
(edited)

"Question - Do the folks on this forum need to be over 18?"

I hope not.  Personally, I'm hoping Jennifer and Jordyn sneak on Joy's computer (while she is cooking and cleaning) and give us the down-low. 

Edited by truthtalk2014
  • Love 2

Jellybean!  Seashell!  There are a lot of folks on here who need a hug.

And how great would that be if Jenny or Jordyn snuck on here and wrote to us.

Good to be here.  School is out the my teen is job hunting.

• Love 1