Type keyword(s) to search

Small Talk: The Prayer Closet

Message added by Scarlett45

This is a reminder that the Politics Policy is still in effect.

I understand with recent current events there may be a desire to discuss political social media posts of those in the Duggar realm- this is not the place for those discussions. If you believe someone has violated forum rules, report them, do not respond or engage.

Political discussion is not allowed in this forum- this includes Small Talk topics. Please stay in the spirit of the policy- I have noticed a tendency for some to follow the letter but not the spirit.

While we understand the frustration (change is never easy), please keep in mind that not everyone feels the same way and that for those members who don't, the ongoing conversation about other forums and chat options can equally be a cause of frustration.

Out of respect for your fellow posters, we kindly ask that you continue any discussion about alternatives via PM or the Technically Speaking: Bugs, Questions, & Suggestions area.

• Start Topic

6 hours ago, QuinnInND said:

I found this on Facebook. This is so accurate it hurts. 

FB_IMG_1610222521100.jpg

Lol my son does this!  Brings the chickens, hermit crabs, and dog on zoom any chance he gets!  

36 minutes ago, crazycatlady58 said:

I put a lot of my Facebook friends on a 30 day snooze. 

One of the only ways I can survive. And most of those are my family members!

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, crazycatlady58 said:

I put a lot of my Facebook friends on a 30 day snooze. 

Amen. And it's amazing how fast the 30 days goes. 

Excuse me while I rant on a totally different subject. FUCK YOU DISCOVERY CHANNEL. MOVING GHOST NATION AND KINDRED SPIRITS TO THAT STUPID NEW STREAMING SERVICE EXCLUSIVELY.  I'M NOT PAYING FOR ANOTHER SERVICE. AND WATCHING HAVING ALL OF US HUDDLED AROUND MY PHONE IS UNACCEPTABLE. FUCK OFF. 

I feel better now. Thank you. 

• Love 18

You are in my thoughts every day, @lookeyloo. It is understandable that you are not in the mood to snark on the Duggars, who matter not at all in our real lives. You, your husband, and son-in-law are doing everything you can to come to terms with your family’s tragedy.
I am not going through anything like you are, but I find less and less interest in the other Counting On threads, except Small Talk. I’m sure when Covid goes away, and the country settles down, I will enjoy snarking on them again. Hopefully you will come to enjoy the diversion again, too. Hugs.

• Love 13
1 hour ago, QuinnInND said:

Amen. And it's amazing how fast the 30 days goes. 

Excuse me while I rant on a totally different subject. FUCK YOU DISCOVERY CHANNEL. MOVING GHOST NATION AND KINDRED SPIRITS TO THAT STUPID NEW STREAMING SERVICE EXCLUSIVELY.  I'M NOT PAYING FOR ANOTHER SERVICE. AND WATCHING HAVING ALL OF US HUDDLED AROUND MY PHONE IS UNACCEPTABLE. FUCK OFF. 

I feel better now. Thank you. 

Right?! I'm so tired of streaming services popping up and taking shows away from the line up. I already pay too much for tv, I refuse to pay any more.

• Love 12
13 hours ago, iwantcookies said:

Same question as Scarlett. 

Yes I'm sorry for any confusion.  It was a young man she had been seeing for about 9 months.  It was a tragedy and we are just starting to recover.

• Love 4

Hugs to you @lookeyloo. Your strength is amazing.

My snark desire has waxed and waned during this past year. So many extraordinary happenings in addition to everyday life hiccups and tragedies.

We were discussing significant events over time, including the Great Depression, JFK, John Lennon, Princess Diana, 9/11, etc, and the impact each has on different generations. We all agreed that 2020/21 will be one for the history books. The pandemic is a bit different than many events because it doesn't really matter what age you are and it has been happening for so long. Even little ones, as young as 2, know the pandemic is a big(ish) deal, in contrast to say, 9/11, when young kids could be more sheltered from the devastation. Not that 3 and 4 year olds are being exposed to all the devastation, but they know more than they would about other events.

But I imagine anyone over 5 will remember the year of 2020 as that tough year, the year of the pandemic. And most over the age of 16 will remember 1/6/21.

• Love 12
10 hours ago, Love2dance said:

You are in my thoughts every day, @lookeyloo. It is understandable that you are not in the mood to snark on the Duggars, who matter not at all in our real lives. You, your husband, and son-in-law are doing everything you can to come to terms with your family’s tragedy.

I am not going through anything like you are, but I find less and less interest in the other Counting On threads, except Small Talk. I’m sure when Covid goes away, and the country settles down, I will enjoy snarking on them again. Hopefully you will come to enjoy the diversion again, too. Hugs.

^^This is true for me too. As to @lookeyloo - I appreciate it when you are up for checking in with us.

And it's also true as to my interest in other topics in the Counting On forum. Although I'm more like @GeeGolly ,in that my interest in snarking has cycled through different phases of weakness/strength over the last 10 months. 

Edited by Jeeves
  • Love 7
7 minutes ago, Mindthinkr said:

Good news Sunday. At least I hope y’all will think so. 
    I found the loophole. I have neighbors who refuse to mask and use social distancing. They had asked us to come to a New Years party at their home and of course I told them no. So last weekend they decided to bypass me and ask Mr Chemo over for a casual dinner at their (small) kitchen table. He accepted. He called me (thinking I would change my mind and go) and I said he could do whatever he wants, but I gave him my ultimatum. If you go over and eat with them, then you won’t see me for at least two weeks. He stated he had cabin fever and chose to go. Lol...the next day he called and asked what time I was coming over to cook dinner. I told him I wasn’t, that he had made his choice. That went on for a few days until he figured out that I was standing by my word. Monday I did go to the store and got enough supplies to last me a month or so. So all week I was able to eat what I want, when I want (I probably overdid it a bit at first eating some junk food, but got back to my healthy diet fairly quickly). He did call me after his chemo infusion saying he was too tired to cook a big dinner. I told him to have some brodo (Italian chicken broth) and a sandwich. He wasn’t happy and he thought I’d break quarantine and come running. Nope. Next week he plans to travel. To S.C. and Georgia to see his daughter and her husband. He asked me if I was going yesterday and again he got a negative answer. Georgia has that super spreading strain of the virus and I think he is just asking for trouble. So that’s another (at least) two weeks that I don’t have to cook and clean for him. It is so freeing. He also (even though he will be 80 in March and is eligible) won’t be getting the vaccine. When my number comes up I plan to. We still talk, and I still care. I’m done being his .... whatever. I am actually enjoying not having to report what I have accomplished every day. (If I said I read a book he would say “So you sat on your ass all day”) I’m reading, catching up on some series that I have wanted to see, organizing some drawers and closets, I have a jigsaw puzzle, and have time to chat with other friends who are supportive of this change. So I have broken the chain. I saw my opportunity and took it. I feel much better for it. 

image.png.04af426bd2e66e539c9b975011e20364.png

• Love 24

Mindthinkr, that is indeed awesome news.  It's unfortunate for him, but, it's his choice.  With the described behavior, it's highly likely he will get sick.  Survival at his age is uncertain.  Do you know if he has cognitive decline?  The judgment is so poor that it makes me wonder.  Still, as long as he's presumed competent, it's his decision to avoid covid precautions.  You have done exactly the right thing to protect your life.  

I have posted a few times around here about my family members who have contracted covid.  There was my youngest nephew and two nieces.  They are all okay now, however, my oldest niece's fiance has also gotten covid and she's not doing well. She's very sick with lung infection and is in covid ward at Duke. No update today.  Thankfully, she's still alive. She's in her early 30's and has several young children.  

3 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Do you know if he has cognitive decline? 

Not a bit. He is still successfully running a multi million dollar business back in Europe by computer and crunches numbers a few times a week. He is a stubborn old geezer who thinks he should be waited on. (Think old school Italian) I think he has NPD. He is also cheap. I had to pay for every bit of food that I ate at his house and had so many holidays (where normal people exchange cards or gifts) where I didn’t get so much as a thank you. He is the kind of man who buys himself a dozen roses every week. He has never bought me a flower. I tried so hard and now I see it doesn’t matter who hard you try when dealing with a toxic person. You can never make it right. His loss. 

• Love 14
2 hours ago, Mindthinkr said:

Good news Sunday. At least I hope y’all will think so. 
    I found the loophole. I have neighbors who refuse to mask and use social distancing. They had asked us to come to a New Years party at their home and of course I told them no. So last weekend they decided to bypass me and ask Mr Chemo over for a casual dinner at their (small) kitchen table. He accepted. He called me (thinking I would change my mind and go) and I said he could do whatever he wants, but I gave him my ultimatum. If you go over and eat with them, then you won’t see me for at least two weeks. He stated he had cabin fever and chose to go. Lol...the next day he called and asked what time I was coming over to cook dinner. I told him I wasn’t, that he had made his choice. That went on for a few days until he figured out that I was standing by my word. Monday I did go to the store and got enough supplies to last me a month or so. So all week I was able to eat what I want, when I want (I probably overdid it a bit at first eating some junk food, but got back to my healthy diet fairly quickly). He did call me after his chemo infusion saying he was too tired to cook a big dinner. I told him to have some brodo (Italian chicken broth) and a sandwich. He wasn’t happy and he thought I’d break quarantine and come running. Nope. Next week he plans to travel. To S.C. and Georgia to see his daughter and her husband. He asked me if I was going yesterday and again he got a negative answer. Georgia has that super spreading strain of the virus and I think he is just asking for trouble. So that’s another (at least) two weeks that I don’t have to cook and clean for him. It is so freeing. He also (even though he will be 80 in March and is eligible) won’t be getting the vaccine. When my number comes up I plan to. We still talk, and I still care. I’m done being his .... whatever. I am actually enjoying not having to report what I have accomplished every day. (If I said I read a book he would say “So you sat on your ass all day”) I’m reading, catching up on some series that I have wanted to see, organizing some drawers and closets, I have a jigsaw puzzle, and have time to chat with other friends who are supportive of this change. So I have broken the chain. I saw my opportunity and took it. I feel much better for it. 

I am glad you are putting your own needs and comfort first!

• Love 11

@SunnyBeBe - I'm sorry to hear about your niece's fiance who's having such a hard time with COVID. That's the scary thing about the disease to me; despite the fact that (thank goodness) it seems that statistically, most cases aren't severe, some people do experience severe symptoms, and/or lingering disabilities, etc. And it's not just those in high risk groups. It's still so new in humans and so unpredictable. I'd like to think that we will eventually understand it better, but in the meantime I'm being careful to avoid exposure. 

As pandemic-fatigued as I am, I'm more personally wary (sometimes just scared) now, that I think I was last summer. I now often ask myself the "Is it worth . . ?" question. As in, I thought about scheduling a pedicure. But the immediate question was, "is a pedicure worth getting COVID for?" - and the answer was absolutely totally fucking NO.

BTW a couple of weeks ago a cousin shared this slide with me, from a required COVID online training session he was doing that day [remotely, at home] at work. It is consistent with information I've seen from trusted sources and I've found it helpful so I thought I'd share it.

1786166576_COVIDexposure.thumb.png.e32b96ff6df2d3d279157915e1e68fc3.png

I've been very good at limiting my exposure to the "passing interactions" type. OTOH I am SO overdue to have my teeth cleaned, it's not funny. I'm hoping to finally schedule an appointment after I've had at least the first dose of the COVID vaccine, and also hoping that in the meantime nothing nasty is happening in my teeth or gums. I would also by now have had both an eye exam and a new hearing test in the period from last March until now, but I've noped out of those too. 

Edited by Jeeves
  • Love 10
1 hour ago, Jeeves said:

@SunnyBeBe - I'm sorry to hear about your niece's fiance who's having such a hard time with COVID. That's the scary thing about the disease to me; despite the fact that (thank goodness) it seems that statistically, most cases aren't severe, some people do experience severe symptoms, and/or lingering disabilities, etc. And it's not just those in high risk groups. It's still so new in humans and so unpredictable. I'd like to think that we will eventually understand it better, but in the meantime I'm being careful to avoid exposure. 

As pandemic-fatigued as I am, I'm more personally wary (sometimes just scared) now, that I think I was last summer. I now often ask myself the "Is it worth . . ?" question. As in, I thought about scheduling a pedicure. But the immediate question was, "is a pedicure worth getting COVID for?" - and the answer was absolutely totally fucking NO.

BTW a couple of weeks ago a cousin shared this slide with me, from a required COVID online training session he was doing that day [remotely, at home] at work. It is consistent with information I've seen from trusted sources and I've found it helpful so I thought I'd share it.

1786166576_COVIDexposure.thumb.png.e32b96ff6df2d3d279157915e1e68fc3.png

I've been very good at limiting my exposure to the "passing interactions" type. OTOH I am SO overdue to have my teeth cleaned, it's not funny. I'm hoping to finally schedule an appointment after I've had at least the first dose of the COVID vaccine, and also hoping that in the meantime nothing nasty is happening in my teeth or gums. I would also by now have had both an eye exam and a new hearing test in the period from last March until now, but I've noped out of those too. 

Yep. You should see my hair. I had it cut a year ago very, very short. Now it’s down to my shoulders and it’s a fluffy, curly, bedraggled mess. But like you, I do that math...I can live with ugly hair. Covid? Maybe not so much. I’m just glad Mr. Wiser is on the same page. 

Just because we’re all tired of it means diddly squat to the virus. It’s very, very, very patient. And humans aren’t.

• Love 12

Mindthinkr, YES!! I'm so happy to hear you've cut off the ass face and are enjoying your freedom! You deserve to be happy, appreciated, and thanked for all that you do and he is never going to do that. Don't cave into his pleadings, whining, or demands, because you know he'll try.

Y'all, it's snowing in Dallas! For over an hour now we've had those fat, gorgeous flakes. Its not sticking to anything but it's beautiful and peaceful. 

Edited by emma675d
  • Love 12

Lord help me. A good friend of mine just posted pictures from her daughter's photo shoot. I'm unsure of the timing of the shoot. The daughter is about 8 months pregnant and turned 30 recently, the granddaughter turned one a few weeks ago.

Anyway, the daughter is wearing (a well fitting) long, teared, blush dress with a short jean jacket, the granddaughter is wearing an off white, basic toddler dress and flower crown, the SIL is wearing jeans and a tan dress shirt. And ... it was shot in a field of tall grasses (no buildings in sight).

I hope this isn't grounds to be banned from Small Talk. 

• LOL 16
  • Love 2
1 minute ago, GeeGolly said:

Lord help me. A good friend of mine just posted pictures from her daughter's photo shoot. I'm unsure of the timing of the shoot. The daughter is about 8 months pregnant and turned 30 recently, the granddaughter turned one a few weeks ago.

Anyway, the daughter is wearing (a well fitting) long, teared, blush dress with a short jean jacket, the granddaughter is wearing an off white, basic toddler dress and flower crown, the SIL is wearing jeans and a tan dress shirt. And ... it was shot in a field of tall grasses (no buildings in sight).

Lol no! Of all the things weird photo shoots don’t bother me. It’s fun, people are being creative and they aren’t hurting anyone. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 1
Just now, Scarlett45 said:

Lol no! Of all the things weird photo shoots don’t bother me. It’s fun, people are being creative and they aren’t hurting anyone. 

But, its so Duggarish. But only by association. 

• LOL 10
1 hour ago, emma675 said:

Y'all, it's snowing in Dallas! For over an hour now we've had those fat, gorgeous flakes. Its not sticking to anything but it's beautiful and peaceful. 

It's also snowing in College Station!! Texas A&M put a live stream on their Facebook page from Kyle Field. That's the football field the Aggies play at. It's so beautiful! 

• Love 6
1 hour ago, emma675 said:

Mindthinkr, YES!! I'm so happy to hear you've cut off the ass face and are enjoying your freedom! You deserve to be happy, appreciated, and thanked for all that you do and he is never going to do that. Don't cave into his pleadings, whining, or demands, because you know he'll try.

my kids are in burleson and joshua -- they have several inches already as of about 9am your time..

• Love 5

Yeah, we tend to freak out down here when it snows, because it's so rare. My social media feeds are basically full of snow pictures today. It will be gone by tomorrow since most of the state will be in the 40s or higher, we'll be near 70 by Thursday before another cold front comes through. But it was a nice break from the weather monotony. 

Although the Texas Department of Transportation did have to post a warning on Twitter about not pulling over by the side of a busy highway to go sledding. Some people are just idiots no matter what the weather. 

• Love 9
51 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Ticks. It’s all I can think about when I see those love among the weeds shots. Bloodsucking, disease-laden ticks.

What can I say. I’m a romantic.

• LOL 18
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

I hate those damn flower crowns.

• LOL 6
  • Love 1
On 1/9/2021 at 2:55 PM, Oldernowiser said:

@rue721, how is Portia?

She’s still a bit fragile, but she’s doing better. She’s forcing herself to go further and further back toward the park (where she had her scare), which is adorable and heartening.

We were under curfew here on Wednesday, and I wasn’t able to get home from work until after curfew started, so I was trying to just run her outside for a pee and then quick back in... and of course that was the first night she decided to try and venture back toward the park 🤦🏻‍♀️😂 I didn't dare try and stop her, though, after it took so long for her to work up the nerve!

She’s still her sociable little self and sometimes seems fine, but my boyfriend and I took her to the dog park today and she stuck to us like glue — even though she usually runs around playing. It’s times like that that make me realize something is still wrong. We have the vet appointment on Wednesday, and hopefully the vet will be able to help.

This has been a hard week for all the obvious reasons, and I had a little bit of a personal scare that turned out to be nothing but was nerve wracking as well. 

But I do have something for good news Sunday! My mom gave me a bread machine for Xmas and it has been amazing! You just throw the ingredients in and the machine does the rest. The bread isn’t perfect (yet) but it is a million times better than what I could do before. I made some yesterday and between Portia, my boyfriend, and me, it's already all gone! Another loaf is getting kneaded in the machine as we speak. This gadget is amazing!

Happy birthday to all you Capricorns, and even though I don’t usually have anything useful to say, my thoughts are also with everyone here dealing with challenges and troubles (so basically with all of you all 😊).

Edited by rue721
  • Love 15
37 minutes ago, rue721 said:

But I do have something for good news Sunday! My mom gave me a bread machine for Xmas and it has been amazing! You just throw the ingredients in and the machine does the rest. The bread isn’t perfect (yet) but it is a million times better than what I could do before. I made some yesterday and between Portia, my boyfriend, and me, it's already all gone! Another loaf is getting kneaded in the machine as we speak. This gadget is amazing! 

I love my bread machine!!! Here's the recipe I use for mine. I actually made some today. 

Screenshot_20201030-063950.png

Here's the finished product. 

received_436668820709127.jpeg

Edited by QuinnInND
  • Love 14
10 minutes ago, iwantcookies said:

My good news is: I am giving up soda for good. I don’t need it. I don’t need it x 100.

Good for you!!!! That stuff is nothing but 2% toxin and 98% water sold at an obscene profit. The more people like you who refuse to be poisoned the healthier everyone will be. It’s the equivalent of cigarettes in the 1970s...once smart people caught on and quit? The less power the tobacco companies had.

You go!!!!

• Love 8
48 minutes ago, zoomama said:

ohhhh,,,,this makes me remember that i own a breadmaker!   i make GF bread in it and i love it. i totally forgot i had one. 

Can you tell me where to find a GF bread recipe that will work in a breadmaker?  For some reason I thought it had to have gluten to work in the machine.  I mix my dough in the stand mixer and bake it in the oven, but a bread machine would be so much easier.

• Love 1

Speaking of giving up soda (great idea, and good for you, @iwantcookies): has anyone used one of those Soda Stream machines? 

I gave up Diet Coke a couple of years ago and I'm so glad I did. But I do like those drinks like Bubly and La Croix which are sparkling water with a hint of fruit flavor (and no sugar or artificial sweeteners or other additives).

I wonder if it would be more practical to just make my own carbonated water and add a squeeze of lime juice or some such, than to buy the stuff in cans. Then I think about the hassle of buying, owning, and operating a Soda Stream machine. Aren't there canisters or something you have to buy to make the fizzy water with? Maybe it's just simpler to buy the La Croix or Bubly like I do now, and keep taking the cans to be recycled. 

Edited by Jeeves
  • Useful 2
12 minutes ago, CalicoKitty said:

Can you tell me where to find a GF bread recipe that will work in a breadmaker?  For some reason I thought it had to have gluten to work in the machine.  I mix my dough in the stand mixer and bake it in the oven, but a bread machine would be so much easier.

i have only used GF packaged bread mixes. if i find a good recipe, i will share. i am not really a good baker....

• Love 1
24 minutes ago, CalicoKitty said:

here is one:   https://www.mamaknowsglutenfree.com/wprm_print/708,  

also saw this:   https://www.target.com/p/the-gluten-free-bread-machine-cookbook-by-jane-bonacci-shannon-kinsella-paperback/-/A-51826413?ref=tgt_adv_XS000000&AFID=google_pla_df&fndsrc=tgtao&DFA=71700000012510700&CPNG=PLA_Entertainment%2BShopping&adgroup=SC_Entertainment&LID=700000001170770pgs&LNM=PRODUCT_GROUP&network=g&device=c&location=9031505&targetid=pla-839186529589&ds_rl=1246978&ds_rl=1248099&gclid=Cj0KCQiA6Or_BRC_ARIsAPzuer-Yhk0cIKYvBYi2PVhNgLeKsvFUc0Ktcm3_s03cm8_VkPfmt-hwwisaAmqQEALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

i am going to get it i think.   just got it on amazon for about %16 total and free delivery with prime. 

this looks good too:  https://jenuinehome.com/perfect-bread-machine-gluten-free-bread/

hth!

Edited by zoomama
  • Love 1
4 minutes ago, zoomama said:

i have only used GF packaged bread mixes. if i find a good recipe, i will share. i am not really a good baker....

Thanks.  I have never tried a packaged bread mix.  I use a recipe I found on line which uses 3 types of rice flour and tapioca flour.  It is easy because you use one bag of white rice flour, one bag of brown rice four, one bag of sweet rice flour, one bag of tapioca flour, and a couple of other ingredients that I don't remember right now.  This makes enough mix for several loaves, so I just keep the mix in an air-tight container so it is ready when I want bread.  I haven't looked for the ingredients in the store in my new local yet.  I need to do that.  Store-bought GF bread is not very good.  The one brand I do like is not available here.

• Useful 1

I’ve been thinking about my favorite albums, and I realized I need to break them down by category. 

Movie Soundtracks: Saturday Night Fever, The Guardians of the Galaxy, A Star is Born, The BodyGuard

Musicals: Wicked, Rent, Legally Blonde: The Musical, Spring Awakening

Pop: Millennium (Backstreet Boys), Music Box (Mariah Carey), Come Fly with Me (Frank Sinatra), Thriller (Michael Jackson)

Country: Crash My Party (Luke Bryan), Play On (Carrie Underwood), Montevello (Sam Hunt)

Rap/Hip Hop: The Eminem Show (Eminem), All Eyes on Me (Tupac Shakur)

What are your favorite albums?

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Jeeves said:

Speaking of giving up soda (great idea, and good for you, @iwantcookies😞 has anyone used one of those Soda Stream machines? 

I gave up Diet Coke a couple of years ago and I'm so glad I did. But I do like those drinks like Bubly and La Croix which are sparkling water with a hint of fruit flavor (and no sugar or artificial sweeteners or other additives).

I wonder if it would be more practical to just make my own carbonated water and add a squeeze of lime juice or some such, than to buy the stuff in cans. Then I think about the hassle of buying, owning, and operating a Soda Stream machine. Aren't there canisters or something you have to buy to make the fizzy water with? Maybe it's just simpler to buy the La Croix or Bubly like I do now, and keep taking the cans to be recycled. 

My sister bought one a few years back and, like a lot of gadgets, she used it a lot for 6 months, got very creative and she and my BIL came up with multiple versions that they liked.  However, the novelty wore off and you do need to keep buying the carbon dioxide to make the bubbles which can be a PITA.  They still have it.  It's on the top shelf of a cupboard in their kitchen.... somewhere.  

Good news Sunday:  The BROWNS WON!  They beat the Steelers soundly for the second week in a row to advance in the playoffs.  Most fun I've had watching them play in decades.  There are fireworks going off all over town tonight, literally.

• Love 11
57 minutes ago, Scarlett45 said:

I’ve been thinking about my favorite albums, and I realized I need to break them down by category. 

Movie Soundtracks: Saturday Night Fever, The Guardians of the Galaxy, A Star is Born, The BodyGuard

Musicals: Wicked, Rent, Legally Blonde: The Musical, Spring Awakening

Pop: Millennium (Backstreet Boys), Music Box (Mariah Carey), Come Fly with Me (Frank Sinatra), Thriller (Michael Jackson)

Country: Crash My Party (Luke Bryan), Play On (Carrie Underwood), Montevello (Sam Hunt)

Rap/Hip Hop: The Eminem Show (Eminem), All Eyes on Me (Tupac Shakur)

What are your favorite albums?

I have never bought a music album!  But I love music.  I've been listening to some of my favorites over on YouTube!

Journey         Steve Perry.        Open Arms

Joe Crocker.       You Are So Beautiful To Me

Israel. IZ.            What A Wonderful World

Bee Gees.          Staying Alive

Michael Bolton  When A Man Loves A Woman

I bet I've listened to Steve Perry sing 20 times this weekend.  It soothes the soul.

I don't know if this is what you were asking for but this is what came to mind!

Nice topic.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, doodlebug said:

My sister bought one a few years back and, like a lot of gadgets, she used it a lot for 6 months, got very creative and she and my BIL came up with multiple versions that they liked.  However, the novelty wore off and you do need to keep buying the carbon dioxide to make the bubbles which can be a PITA.  They still have it.  It's on the top shelf of a cupboard in their kitchen.... somewhere.  

Good news Sunday:  The BROWNS WON!  They beat the Steelers soundly for the second week in a row to advance in the playoffs.  Most fun I've had watching them play in decades.  There are fireworks going off all over town tonight, literally.

I quit drinking soda about 6 years ago.  Just quit.  I use my Soda Stream for carbonated water every single day.  It is the one "gadget" that I truly use.  I don't use any of the flavors with it.  I just like plain, carbonated water (it also is useful for wine spritzers).  I highly recommend it if you are trying to stop drinking soda.  The cylinders are  easy to replace and are available at Bed Bath and Beyond and Target.  I also use the exchange program on the Soda Stream website.  You receive your order, put your empties in the box, put on the included label and give it to the postman.  Easy Peasy.  FYI, the machine has a lifetime guarantee.  I can't imagine life without my Soda Stream.  I drink a lot of water everyday, and using this is a lot cheaper than buying bubbly water--and tastes so good.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

Stay strong @Mindthinkr. You are doing great.

And you have the perfect excuse not to go back. Something like:

“I’m sorry, Mr Chemo, but I can tell you really need to go out to visit friends, travel, and socialize, so it isn’t safe for me to come over any more. And since you don’t want to take the vaccination, even though you are eligible, it isn’t going to be safe for me to visit you in the future. I hope you can find someone to help you who doesn’t need to follow the protocols like I do.”

I was so mad at him before, Mindthinkr, but now that you have shared with us that he is rich, makes you pay for the food YOU make for him, buys himself flowers but nothing for you, and won’t take the vaccine, I am just FURIOUS at him. So glad you are having lovely quiet times, good meals, and conversations with understanding friends. You do not need him at all. Again, stay strong. So proud of you!

• Love 18
7 hours ago, Jeanne222 said:

I have never bought a music album!  But I love music.  I've been listening to some of my favorites over on YouTube!

Journey         Steve Perry.        Open Arms

Joe Crocker.       You Are So Beautiful To Me

Israel. IZ.            What A Wonderful World

Bee Gees.          Staying Alive

Michael Bolton  When A Man Loves A Woman

I bet I've listened to Steve Perry sing 20 times this weekend.  It soothes the soul.

I don't know if this is what you were asking for but this is what came to mind!

Nice topic.

You’ve never bought an album? Really? That’s interesting! When I say “album” I don’t mean a physical record but the compilation of music. My very first album I bought with my own money was Mariah Carey’s Music Box (CD version) in 1993 from my allowance and bday money 😂

I haven’t bought a physical CD in years. I admit with streaming I buy less music than I used to. I tend to only buy if I really want to support the artist- my most recent purchase was Leslie Odom Jr’s Christmas album. 

Oh I forgot Christmas Albums, a category in and of itself:

Michael Bublé: Christmas 

Lea Michelle: Christmas in the City

Mariah Carey: Merry Christmas

• Love 4
5 hours ago, Love2dance said:

Stay strong @Mindthinkr. You are doing great.

And you have the perfect excuse not to go back. Something like:

“I’m sorry, Mr Chemo, but I can tell you really need to go out to visit friends, travel, and socialize, so it isn’t safe for me to come over any more. And since you don’t want to take the vaccination, even though you are eligible, it isn’t going to be safe for me to visit you in the future. I hope you can find someone to help you who doesn’t need to follow the protocols like I do.”

@Love2dance this is an absolutely perfect response. Of course I would never try to tell @Mindthinkr what to do, but what you said above is direct, polite, and assertive.

• Love 7