Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

34 minutes ago, buffynut said:

I just hope that won't mean her being right about Ben, and him harming Ciara.  Cin is the first new couple I've seen chemistry between in the 4 1/2 years I've been back watching, so I hope Ron can find a way to make them work, without half (or more) the audience being disgusted with their pairing.

I don't know how the general audience feels and I've not checked out how Days' Facebook is on the subject but other than Abby/Chabby stans on twitter, the reaction has been more positive than negative regarding Ciara & Ben. I think like you, there are folks who see the chemistry and hope the writing will flesh it out. Some people will never to take to them but I think that is expected. Not everyone likes the same pairings - and shouldn't - and I think Days has pushed less popular along with not generally well-received pairings already very strongly in the last 5 years. 

• Love 2

How can Hope tell Ted that he's safe because Stefan has been arrested, when she was just trying to make a deal with Stefan to set him free?

Once again we're back to the baby hyperventilating sound they use for babies.

"Could we speak somewhere privately away from the noise?"  A very good description of Julie.

Stefan had a good point about Hope more concerned with getting Ben than justice for Rafe's sister.  But then, there's still justice for Paige, who is also Rafe's sister ...

Considering how often Chad switches back and forth between running Titan and running DiMera, what could possibly be on the stick that Xander is waving under Victor's nose that Chad didn't already disclose when he was running Titan?

I'm sorry, when did Gabi try to kill Julie again? And damn awesome of Gabi not to put up with her bullshit any more.

• Love 4
29 minutes ago, Silver Raven said:

Stefan had a good point about Hope more concerned with getting Ben than justice for Rafe's sister.  But then, there's still justice for Paige, who is also Rafe's sister ...

Rafe cares about Paige even less than he did Arianna, and let's not forget his feelings about Arianna's death was basically relief she was dead. And he grew up with her! 

31 minutes ago, Silver Raven said:

I'm sorry, when did Gabi try to kill Julie again? And damn awesome of Gabi not to put up with her bullshit any more.

Julie is clinging to that fallacy to absolve her breaking in to Gabi's room and tussling with her so she could escape with the stolen envelop like the Horton she is. 

• Love 5
53 minutes ago, Silver Raven said:

Stefan had a good point about Hope more concerned with getting Ben than justice for Rafe's sister.  But then, there's still justice for Paige, who is also Rafe's sister...

I had 100% forgotten that Paige was Rafe's (and Gabi's) sister until I read this lol.  Oh Paige.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 5

Chili pepper, Julie? Really writers? Kate looks luminous today in that color. 

Ciara is soooo naive. Ironically, the young Ciara was smart and shrewd and would have seen through anyone’s bullshit in a heartbeat. 

• Love 7
4 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:

I think Dena gave them their first  substantial scene together as siblings. Griffith for some bizarre reason never had them interact on the show and fans were complaining about that. 

Julie basically admitted that she would lie to put Gabi away. Gabi is not having it and threatened her right back.  I understand Julie's hatred of Gabi, but, she needs to stop acting like Nick was some innocent, he was not. It is tiresome already. I do think that their mutual animosity makes sense, unlike Eve's for Jennifer.

So tired of Julie and her racism as well as the St. Nick could do no wrong.

• Love 6

I am happy that the show got renewed, we get to snark some more. However, can the show get some money? it is really pitiful how everything happens at murder park.  I miss elaborate parties with the cast looking good all doled up, people having homes looking rich and fabulous.. We need more sets, How about the chez rouge set that was a restaurant that Maggie ran, it had a bar area.. I loved Hope's house, the loft that Shelle lived in that Isabella and Carly used to share as roommates, the Brady kitchen e,t,c, Can we also have legacy characters come back? Noelle, Alexander, Andrew, Stefanie, Melissa, Jeremy, Shelle, Mike need to come back..

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 6
4 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

I am happy that the show got renewed, we get to snark so more. However, can the show get some money? it is really pitiful how everything happens at murder park.

I was just thinking before that all these business shenanigans come off as silly when they take place in living rooms.  We need an actual office set.

• Love 7
4 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

Oh Ron, you took it to a Franco place with Ben today that I did not care for.  Ben just seemed annoyed - annoyed that Gabi was afraid of him, annoyed that she brought up his past, annoyed that she wasn't understanding about the kidnapping being part of his job, and mostly annoyed that this situation might cost him Ciara versus actually feeling bad about what he did.  Not sure how much was the writing and how much was how Robert Scott Wilson played it, but in any case?  Not cute.

This.

5 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

I was just thinking before that all these business shenanigans come off as silly when they take place in living rooms.  We need an actual office set.

And preferably a new one as opposed to the one they use for Kayla's office, Hope's office, and any other random office when they need it lol.

• Love 4

Ciara/Abby’s scene was very good JMHO.   Abby asked Ciara why she would put herself in danger.  It was an interesting take. 

I am afraid for Ciara too and Hope is losing it (it’s like she is in a lifetime movie).  

• Love 6
46 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

I am happy that the show got renewed, we get to snark some more. However, can the show get some money? it is really pitiful how everything happens at murder park

I have some old VHS of old episodes from the 80's & 90's that I treasure and a couple of years ago I let my daughter watch Bo & Hopes London wedding. She sat in amazement and said "why don't they do beautiful things like that anymore"? I said because the show is damn cheap lol Its really sad when you can remember how they really went all out then and now everything is so limited.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Apprentice79 said:

people having homes looking rich and fabulous..

Am I remembering correctly that the Roman/John and Marlena had a house next door to Tom and Alice?   Jennifer is living in the Horton house now.  What ever happened to John and Marlena's house?

• Love 1
21 minutes ago, howmanywords said:

I have some old VHS of old episodes from the 80's & 90's that I treasure and a couple of years ago I let my daughter watch Bo & Hopes London wedding. She sat in amazement and said "why don't they do beautiful things like that anymore"? I said because the show is damn cheap lol Its really sad when you can remember how they really went all out then and now everything is so limited.

Bo and Hope's wedding was so beautiful.  Kristian was simply stunning to look at as Hope. Peter as Bo was handsome as well. To think the actors only spoke to each in character..lol

• Love 5

Really enjoyed Ciara and Abigail's chat.  I liked that Ciara's inner conflict over her attraction to Ben was on full display, and the actress handled the scenes well.  Probably some of the best work we've seen from her between today and yesterday.  I wondered if all of Abigail's good points were undermined when Ciara noted the hypocrisy in Abigail not take full responsibility for her actions.  I suspect most of that conversation was a way for Ciara to talk herself into going back to Ben, anyways.  

Julie has a new horse to beat to death with Gabi "pushing" her down the stairs.  I love this rivalry, especially when you look a pictures of the young Susan Seaforth Hayes and imagine she's just fighting with her younger self.  I think Gabi makes her feel alive again.  Life with Doug isn't that interesting.  

• Love 10
3 minutes ago, buffynut said:

Am I remembering correctly that the Roman/John and Marlena had a house next door to Tom and Alice?   Jennifer is living in the Horton house now.  What ever happened to John and Marlena's house?

That house that Marlena lived with both Roman and Rojohn became the house that Lexie and Abe lived in..

• Love 3
5 minutes ago, buffynut said:

I believe the set was refurbished to be Jack and Jennifer's house in the mid 90's, then later as Bo and Hope's house in the late 90's.  It hasn't been seen since the Aiden fiasco.

As much as I can snark on Days, today's episode was really amazing.  It had characters having conversations that were relevant and addressed history. Really loved the Ciara/Abby conversation.  Just two cousins really speaking their truth to one another.  Also loved Chad and Kate.  Chad may be mad at Kate but he 100% respects her and her opinion.  Hell, I didn't even mind Rafe and Hope and actually liked their interaction this episode. 

Of course the Julie/Gaby scene was everything I needed after seeing Gaby in panic mode the last few weeks. She really has survived a lot and is truly fed up with Julie. 

5 minutes ago, enchantingmonkey said:

Really enjoyed Ciara and Abigail's chat.  I liked that Ciara's inner conflict over her attraction to Ben was on full display, and the actress handled the scenes well.  Probably some of the best work we've seen from her between today and yesterday.  I wondered if all of Abigail's good points were undermined when Ciara noted the hypocrisy in Abigail not take full responsibility for her actions.  I suspect most of that conversation was a way for Ciara to talk herself into going back to Ben, anyways.  

Julie has a new horse to beat to death with Gabi "pushing" her down the stairs.  I love this rivalry, especially when you look a pictures of the young Susan Seaforth Hayes and imagine she's just fighting with her younger self.  I think Gabi makes her feel alive again.  Life with Doug isn't that interesting.  

This is such a great explanation.  As much as Julie does hate Gaby, her rivalry with her does allow the "old" Julie, the one that was the Sami of her day, to come out and play. Look how gleeful Julie was scheming with Abby a few weeks ago.  It would of been interesting to see what would of happened if they allowed Julie and Victor to move forward as a couple during the Cruise of Deception storyline.

• Love 7
10 minutes ago, JBC344 said:

Hell, I didn't even mind Rafe and Hope and actually liked their interaction this episode. 

Did you notice how Hope removed her jacket and Kristian Alfonso's body language became more flirtatious after Rafe closed the door on them in her office?  She even beat on his chest towards the end of that conversation.  I kinda wanted to high five Hope for using a subtext of seduction to get Rafe to see things her way.  

• Love 4

With the show bringing up Ben and Abby's history, I do wonder why the show keeps tap dancing around Abby's cheating. LikIt seems like they are trying to have it both ways with bringing up Ben's actions during the Babby relationship while skating by Abby's choices (and not to mention Chad's behavior in their relationship. Didn't Chad also talk crass crap about Jordan to Ben on top of other?). It is up there with the show not explaining why Abby simply couldn't just dump Ben but chose to cheat and lie for months. Ben's actions are his own but I am also side eyeing that other characters are acting like he snapped and there was no trigger 

Abby's truths always paint her as some sort of innocent victim. I am so tired of that. 

Racist Julie strikes again! 

• Love 7
2 minutes ago, enchantingmonkey said:

Did you notice how Hope removed her jacket and Kristian Alfonso's body language became more flirtatious after Rafe closed the door on them in her office?  She even beat on his chest towards the end of that conversation.  I kinda wanted to high five Hope for using a subtext of seduction to get Rafe to see things her way.  

Lol, I did notice that and when she first took off her coat, I thought it was a strange direction.  Then I was kind of getting what she was doing.  You know in a different context I could actually get behind a scheming Hope and Rafe, if they weren't so sanctimonious.  Lord knows I have only really thought Rafe sparked as a character when he was scheming with other strong women, Sami, Kate, and Nicole.

• Love 3
25 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

That house that Marlena lived with both Roman and Rojohn became the house that Lexie and Abe lived in..

23 minutes ago, JBC344 said:

I believe the set was refurbished to be Jack and Jennifer's house in the mid 90's, then later as Bo and Hope's house in the late 90's.  It hasn't been seen since the Aiden fiasco.

Thanks to you both for the answers.  It was such a LONG time ago, but I have memories of Marlena leaving her house and going next door where Alice was making donuts.  😊

• Love 3
19 minutes ago, JBC344 said:

Of course the Julie/Gaby scene was everything I needed after seeing Gaby in panic mode the last few weeks. She really has survived a lot and is truly fed up with Julie. 

This is such a great explanation.  As much as Julie does hate Gaby, her rivalry with her does allow the "old" Julie, the one that was the Sami of her day, to come out and play. Look how gleeful Julie was scheming with Abby a few weeks ago.  It would of been interesting to see what would of happened if they allowed Julie and Victor to move forward as a couple during the Cruise of Deception storyline.

Julie and Victor would have been the more interesting pairing. It also would have given us more of the amazing SSH. Like, love, hate , or feel ambivalent about the character, you cannot deny the woman’s talent. Doug’s death could have been the catalyst for the return of the old Julie. This would have kept SSH on canvass as it seems that Bill is the one who doesn’t want to be tied to the show long term. It also could have allowed an exploration of Julie’s racism, which based on my recollections of the comments on the board were only touched in a cursory manner when the Eli reveal came., and the role it plays in her dislike of Gabi.

I still think the show made a mistake killing David. Let Julie’s ish really come back on her in the form of her son who never forgave her for her schemes. It also could have been an interesting way to explore subtle racism - Julie and Eli challenging David on how hard he did or did not fight for the relationship once things got hard and his reasons why. But alas, this is Days and it only sees its black characters as the friend of, or the duo in the chemistry free relationship based solely in their shared racial background.

• Love 6
4 minutes ago, Happytobehere said:

Julie and Victor would have been the more interesting pairing. It also would have given us more of the amazing SSH. Like, love, hate , or feel ambivalent about the character, you cannot deny the woman’s talent. Doug’s death could have been the catalyst for the return of the old Julie. This would have kept SSH on canvass as it seems that Bill is the one who doesn’t want to be tied to the show long term. It also could have allowed an exploration of Julie’s racism, which based on my recollections of the comments on the board were only touched in a cursory manner when the Eli reveal came., and the role it plays in her dislike of Gabi.

I still think the show made a mistake killing David. Let Julie’s ish really come back on her in the form of her son who never forgave her for her schemes. It also could have been an interesting way to explore subtle racism - Julie and Eli challenging David on how hard he did or did not fight for the relationship once things got hard and his reasons why. But alas, this is Days and it only sees its black characters as the friend of, or the duo in the chemistry free relationship based solely in their shared racial background.

Also, Julie killed a man, so she has a lot in common with Gabi. If I am not mistaken she let her rival take the fall for it.  She cheated on David's dad with Doug.  I too loved Julie with Victor.  Stefano was liking Julie before he even knew Marlena's name..lol   

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 4
1 minute ago, Apprentice79 said:

Also, Julie killed a man, so she has a lot in common with Gabi. If I am not mistaken she let her rival take the fall.  She cheated on David's dad with Doug.  I too loved Julie with Victor.  Stefano was liking Julie before he even knew Marlena's name..lol

Aah, the missed opportunities.

• Love 3

Julie, maybe Gabi makes you feel young and vital again. Stop the racism and just..... stop. There are better ways to spend your time.

Agree with most of the Ciara and Abigail's chat comments. Abigail and Ben are still a bit of pot, meet kettle. Abigail's mental health problems were tuned up in 2 weeks with Grandma and Ben was in jail, dealt with serious burns on his body (caused by Abigail setting him on fire), probably got addicted to pain meds, had boatloads of therapy and counselling and worked to get out of jail and to build a life for himself. Not in 2 weeks. Not with Grandma. Abigail should still be in therapy, still checked out to see if the alters are reappearing. She's had a few bouts with mental illness but was cured rather rapidly. She killed Andre, her 'alters' locked three women in a room to die - she can say her peace but that's it. She got off easy - maybe because she was a Horton, she was pretty, etc.  Ciara and Ben will run their course.

Hope needs to shut it. Rafe actually said something that made sense today. Go after Ben the right way. He should still reiterate that Hope's actions are obsessive and that Ben could maybe find a good lawyer and sue the police department for harassment. He has been living very cleanly, mostly, well, except for being ordered to fetch Gabi from the Kiriakis mansion. His boss' orders. With all the chances Abigail gets, maybe someone should throw him a bone once.

So Chad is hiring Ben now?

• Love 2

I am always reminded of the British soap, Emmerdale, which has an entire town as its setting.  Outdoors scenes, pub scenes (I've even read that the pub serves real beer), separate houses for every family, a couple of running farms.

Hollyoaks isn't as extensive as Emmerdale, but they have a river and a pond.  The pub is even called The Dog on the Pond. And also lots of outdoors scenes.

• Love 2
9 hours ago, buffynut said:

Which makes me wonder... those of you who hate that Bo and Hope's daughter is dating a serial killer, is there anything besides erasing the killings that would make you accept them as a couple?

It's not so much that it's Ciara, as she's just boring to me. And vapid, and naive, and....

I can't accept Ben as a romantic lead at all because of what he did. I can accept so much craziness on a soap, but when it delves into things that actually happen I can't help but get caught up in what actually should be happening on screen. Serial killers generally don't meet the threshold of legal insanity, especially when Ben clearly knew right from wrong as he was in the middle of his killing spree. He would never be let out on whatever technicality the show came up with, so I literally don't want to see him romantically involved with anyone.

It doesn't help that I've seen some..........interesting fans that claim they want Ben to kidnap them or worse - not here, just out there on the internets in general. It's just a major turnoff all around. Erasing all of the murders wouldn't take away some of his other issues towards women, nor his tendency towards violence against men, either. He was controlling and possessive of Abby, and he's already claiming that Ciara is the most important thing in his life. I don't see how this ends in anything but tragedy, which is bad enough, but even more insulting to me is if Ben is anyone's endgame.

• Love 9
13 hours ago, Chick2Chic said:

He even tried to get a dishwasher position and they wouldn't hire him. He tried to get a job where Claire & Tripp work and they wouldn't hire him. That's why he ended up working for Stefan cause he was living in a homeless shelter and couldn't get work even doing menial / service jobs. Ciara reiterated that when she mentioned the trouble Ben had finding work before his job with Stefan during her scenes with Ben in Monday's ep. 

Thanks for the history lesson.  I see now why he went to work with Stefan. But like Ciara said today, when it came to being asked to do kidnapping, he should have said "no." 

I am fine with Jack and I like the Cin story so here I am being controversial with this instead of going with the flow of praising all things Jack despite my having no issue with the character nor the actor. While it's been a while since it all played out and I was young-ish when the story was onscreen, I find it not only unfair to compare Jack & Jennifer to Ben & Ciara, I find it unfair to compare an actually completed redemption story that took years to reach its goal to one that has barely started. I think Jack, and J&J are being used superficially to compare then deride a different story with dissimilar characters.

It's like comparing Jarlena to Caustin or Bope to Chabby. IA that Jack's story plus J & J and Ben's story plus Cin are not the same so I am puzzled that they being compared to then constantly negate one. I enjoyed Jack's redemption and Jack & Jennifer's love story but it played out over years. I am enjoying Ben and Ben & Ciara so far but it's also still in its infancy stages for the characters and their relationship of sorts. Two different beasts with dissimilar characters and onscreen time & story. I know I am wired like that but I'd rather see the pairings all judged on their own merits and failures since none of the pairings are exactly alike. 

I don't think what you said is controversial.  I agree with some of it and disagree with other parts of it.  What I disagree with is that Ben/Ben & Ciara is being viewed unfavorably because of how they compare to Jack/Jack and Jenn.  While comparisons are naturally being made since Jack is coming back at the time they're telling the Cin story, I don't get the sense that the issues with Ben/Ben and Ciara have anything to do with Jack/Jack and Jenn. Maybe with some people who hate everything but things that came from the 80's DOOL but I think the issues with Ben and Ciara existed before Jack came back. 

But you're right in that it's perhaps unfair to compare today's story with Jack's.  Not only did the show 30 years ago have the advantage of money and better writing but I personally think Jack's story was still a step above others, even at the time where everyone was doing better, given how well plotted it was. And I can't remember a redemption that so drastically left an imprint on the character going forward. The big romance didn't even start to become a factor until 1.5 years after the rape (and the kiss came 2 years after the rape).  The show won't plot this story that well and it won't spend that kind of time on it.

And that's what concerns me.  With the speed at which soaps operate these days, is the redemption story truly in its infancy?  They already have Ben and Ciara officially "together" yet he's still kidnapping women.  He acted entitled and affronted the other day when Ciara was upset with him over kidnapping Gabi. Now it looks like he's ready to make changes but it's not out of self-examination or guilt; it's because he's afraid he's going to lose his squeeze if he doesn't.   And then you have someone I think the show would like to see as a good girl heroine, Ciara, not immediately ending things even though they're only at the dating stage.  It weakens a character that's still developing right out of the gate.

Now Cin wouldn't be the first soap opera couple that, through their pairing, made one or both characters popular so I do think, even with all the objections, they'll be okay.*

*But I'll probably always have issues with them which is sad because I do think they have chemistry.  It's just that I think even redeeming rapists should be passe now (I say this even though so many of my fave stories of yesteryear involved rapists).  Serial killers?  Yep.  Pass as well. 

• Love 4
2 hours ago, QueenSerena said:

I can't accept Ben as a romantic lead at all because of what he did. I can accept so much craziness on a soap, but when it delves into things that actually happen I can't help but get caught up in what actually should be happening on screen. Serial killers generally don't meet the threshold of legal insanity, especially when Ben clearly knew right from wrong as he was in the middle of his killing spree. He would never be let out on whatever technicality the show came up with, so I literally don't want to see him romantically involved with anyone.

This.

• Love 5
14 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

I also find it amusing that they're always fluffing purple business file folders with papers inside -- I don't know about you, but in my workplace EVERYTHING is on line and there's hardly a need to print anything anymore. Just a mild snark :)

• Love 4

Why did Wilson call themselves the good gays and Leo the bad gay, did the actor flub his lines. I don't understand that at all.

Will, John is your grandfather, you have known  him all your life. You can ask John anything and he would do it for you because you are Marlena's. 

I loved Will hugging Gabi, she is going to need all the love and support from Wilson. Marlena would not judge her either. 

I felt bad for JJ for feeling betrayed by Gabi, but, Abigail is his sister. He has to stand with her, so, I will not trash him for that.  Blood is thicker than water.

Leo touching Xander was not something that I was expecting him to do, but, Xander should be sexually fluid.  The show would never do that. They should be bold in their storytelling, pushing the envelope. Soaps used to be good at that. A true shame!

I miss Jack.  He is the reason that I am still watching. 

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 7

I've been watching old-school "Grey's Anatomy" on Netflix lately and I recently watched the one where McSteamy shows up for the first time and pretty much everyone in the hospital is slack-jawed and drooling all over him, that's what Leo's reaction to seeing a shirtless Xander reminded me of today.  But I dunno, their interaction was a little less fun than I was expecting it to be.  I think I wanted to Xander to take control of the situation, as it were, versus Leo.  And also if Xander was bi or sexually fluid, but we knew they weren't going there.

A critique sandwich re: Will and Sonny.  Sonny whining to Leo that he needs to talk to Will about Ari was kinda ridiculous given we never see Will with Ari.  That said, I did appreciate them trying to sneak around and figure a way out of their situation versus just whining to Roman and Victor about it.  But also, they decided to meet somewhere more private...and then picked the park?  To be fair, that probably goes back to the set issue we discussed yesterday, but Will has a bed somewhere, yes?  Get it on and then scheme against Leo in the sack!

Really liked the Gabi/JJ conversation today.  I like that the show is being nuanced about how Gabi is approaching each of these interactions.  It makes sense that, with Julie, she's not going to waste her breath and would be pretty much unrepentant, while with JJ, he is someone whose opinion matters to her and she would be softer and try to explain herself.  I dunno, Ron usually drops the ball with the fallout with these type of stories, but at least on the Gabi front, I think he's doing a good job.

More of Claire being an enjoyably inept schemer.  Girl, don't loudly discuss your scheme on the phone in the home you share with the targets of said scheme!

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 6
11 hours ago, MsTree said:

Chili pepper is far from racist IMO. They probably ran out of the alloted number for "bitch".

It is on top of her repeatedly calling her chiquita and senorita.

Edited by Silver Raven
  • Love 14
1 hour ago, Apprentice79 said:

Why did Wilson call themselves the good gays and Leo the bad gay, did the actor flub his lines. I don't understand that at all.

And on the "good gays" tip, just a reminder, Will and Sonny - you are in this situation because one of you nearly killed someone and then you tried to cover up said "death" by rolling up the guy in a rug like he was trash and you both showed almost zero remorse about it after the fact.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 3
14 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

And on the "good gays" tip, just a reminder, Will and Sonny - you are in this situation because one of you nearly killed someone and then you tried to cover up said "death" by rolling up the guy in a rug like he was trash and you both showed almost zero remorse about it after the fact.

Ron makes me so annoyed with that kind of bullshit, he thinks he's being so cheeky and witty yet he can't seem to actually give any of these "gays", good, bad, or indifferent, something to do that isn't terribly revolting and ridiculous or so boring giving one's self an at home colonic would seem more appealing and a better way to spend your time. 

Seriously, the way those two always, always, manage to make themselves the victims of their own nonsense and shitty choices is one of the main, and many, reasons I loathe them.

I don't mind soap hypocrisy to a point, it happens all the time to everyone, but these two just never seem to get when they're wrong. They are almost always on the defensive and acting as if the world is against them when their dumb shit catches up to them and things get tough. They would rather whine and complain and drone on about how it's all unfair. They truly are a pathetic pair of pampered, spoiled brats. 

Leo just might be able to work if they wrote him as a human being and not just a character formed from some of the most tripe, predictable, and obvious gay stereotypes known to man. Ron, seriously, I thought you would have grown out of that by now, at least somewhat. 

I've been watching old-school "Grey's Anatomy" on Netflix lately and I recently watched the one where McSteamy shows up for the first time and pretty much everyone in the hospital is slack-jawed and drooling all over him, that's what Leo's reaction to seeing a shirtless Xander reminded me of today.  But I dunno, their interaction was a little less fun than I was expecting it to be.  I think I wanted to Xander to take control of the situation, as it were, versus Leo.  And also if Xander was bi or sexually fluid, but we knew they weren't going there.

Pretty, nearly naked Xander will always do it for me, heh, but I completely agree. So much potential and sexual heat wasted, and I don't think they even had to make Xander openly bisexual to even go there. They just needed to give the actors more to work with, I think Greg and Paul both have the chops to ad-lib and have a lot of fun together and mess about, but the writing just failed them from the start. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, TeeVee329 said:

Really liked the Gabi/JJ conversation today.  I like that the show is being nuanced about how Gabi is approaching each of these interactions.  It makes sense that, with Julie, she's not going to waste her breath and would be pretty much unrepentant, while with JJ, he is someone whose opinion matters to her and she would be softer and try to explain herself.  I dunno, Ron usually drops the ball with the fallout with these type of stories, but at least on the Gabi front, I think he's doing a good job.

More of Claire being an enjoyably inept schemer.  Girl, don't loudly discuss your scheme on the phone in the home you share with the targets of said scheme!

Yes, the Gabi/JJ moments were well done because both characters genuinely care for each other but I remember JJ telling Will right after he wrote the nasty story about Sami that there was no coming back from attacking your mom--Will and Sami got past it and I have a feeling that at some point, JJ and Gabi will be friends again too.

I do appreciate that Will and Sonny want to get rid of Leo without relying on their loved ones for help, but sometimes you need the professionals to get the job done right.

Claire, never change--keep talking on your phone about your terrible secret in the middle of your living room, don't make this call in your room or outside in Murder park.

• Love 5

Claire and Tripp had a cute sweet scene then the black cloud Ciara came in. 

Claire is really good at playing sweet innocent then a bad girl with really insane plans to get what she wants.  

Chad hired Ben once.  If Chad let Ben live in the same house as Thomas Abby should take Thomas far away.  

• Love 2

Why does Claire have so many followers when she never puts out any content? And why does her phone make a clicking sound when she takes pictures?

Oh, waawaa, JJ.  How will Gabi's family recover from what Abigail did to her?

Leo all over Xander.  That's hilarious.

"Let's go somewhere private." Like, the park where everybody hangs out.

Dammit, Gabi, I like you when you're in full bitch mode, not when you're whining and groveling.

"Xander's not going to be able to hold his attention for long." Oh, I'm not too sure about that.

Is Xander seriously considering Leo's offer?

Edited by Silver Raven
  • Love 8
3 minutes ago, Silver Raven said:

"Let's go somewhere private." Like, the park where everybody hangs out.

Often in the bushes where they are sure to overhear whatever secrets you are sharing loudly.

Honestly the lack of a decent budget is really getting more and more prominent. 

Why don't they just dress Will up like a priest and have Sonny visit him for "confession". Eric is his uncle, he probably has some old work contacts. 

• Love 6
19 hours ago, Silver Raven said:

I am always reminded of the British soap, Emmerdale, which has an entire town as its setting.  Outdoors scenes, pub scenes (I've even read that the pub serves real beer), separate houses for every family, a couple of running farms.

Hollyoaks isn't as extensive as Emmerdale, but they have a river and a pond.  The pub is even called The Dog on the Pond. And also lots of outdoors scenes.

Coronation street is the same.  They just added a second street (Victoria) and at least half of the scenes are filmed outside on these streets (day and nighttime).   The cast are just normal (I guess that's a matter of opinion for some), people working in the local pub, bistro, hairdressers, knicker factory.   I love this show.

• Love 4

Loved the scenes with Leo and Xander!!!!!!  That Days is actual chemistry.  I'm pretty sure that Xander won't sleep with Leo but I hope that those two do form a partnership.  I think both Leo and Xander are in need of something to stabilize their characters, I think a real friendship between them will go a long way to giving each character some dimension.

While I don't think Xander will sleep with Leo, I do think Leo will eventually want Xander to maybe make Sonny vice-president of Titan in exchange for Leo's information. 

• Love 4

I liked the expression on Xander's face when Leo was making a move on him. Maybe he doesn't swing that way, but it fun watching the two of them. And yes, Xander, you really needed to put on some clothes to talk to Uncle Vic.

Yep, Claire, have all your private conversations in the living room. You go to your room, or the bathroom, or somewhere where you aren't likely to be overheard. And of course, gloomy Ciara comes out of her room just in time to hear you. The plan was pretty mild - you just want Tripp to yourself.

Ben and Chad were interesting. He really can't have Ben around if his plan is to reunite with Abs. Kinda an odd threesome living in the mansion. Ben was honest and Chad should recognize that. It will take a long time for Ben to change, if he really can. Without all the Salem Gastons out to go after the Beast.

I liked JJ and Gabi's conversation. It's still all about Abigail and Gabi's heartaches, and going to jail for a crime she did not commit and was framed for by JJ's sister, losing her job, her company, her money, the ability to have kids or any kind of life and being treated as a leftover by Chad and Abigail - seriously JJ? Maybe show some objectivity. Both Gabi and your sister suffered - although Gabi probably a lot more. Abby got the tune-up and her life back.

Will, you can probably access the Spectator's databases for information on Leo's mother. And you and Sonny should not quietly meet at Salem Central Park.

I liked the expression on Xander's face when Leo was making a move on him. Maybe he doesn't swing that way, but it fun watching the two of them. And yes, Xander, you really needed to put on some clothes to talk to Uncle Vic.

Yep, Claire, have all your private conversations in the living room. You go to your room, or the bathroom, or somewhere where you aren't likely to be overheard. And of course, gloomy Ciara comes out of her room just in time to hear you. The plan was pretty mild - you just want Tripp to yourself.

Ben and Chad were interesting. He really can't have Ben around if his plan is to reunite with Abs. Kinda an odd threesome living in the mansion. Ben was honest and Chad should recognize that. It will take a long time for Ben to change, if he really can. Without all the Salem Gastons out to go after the Beast.

I liked JJ and Gabi's conversation. It's still all about Abigail and Gabi's heartaches, and going to jail for a crime she did not commit and was framed for by JJ's sister, losing her job, her company, her money, the ability to have kids or any kind of life and being treated as a leftover by Chad and Abigail - seriously JJ? Maybe show some objectivity. Both Gabi and your sister suffered - although Gabi probably a lot more. Abby got the tune-up and her life back.

Will, you can probably access the Spectator's databases for information on Leo's mother. And you and Sonny should not quietly meet at Salem Central Park.

• Love 5

When you have Xander & Leo standing next to each other you really see how tall and short the actors are. Xander chest is huge. LOL!!! That said, I don’t think he’s that attractive. Different strokes.......

I will say that nuCiara really shows how bad an actress old Ciara was. Oddly enough, they kept the previous actress on wayyyyyyy much longer then they should have. Most of it was due to their taping schedule but I also think they were hoping she’d get better. Nope! I don’t miss that clenched mouth actress at all. Although, I think the award for worst ever actress (on Days at least) was Charity Rahmer. OMG!! The worst. Too funny!

• Love 5
2 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

seriously JJ? Maybe show some objectivity. Both Gabi and your sister suffered - although Gabi probably a lot more. Abby got the tune-up and her life back.

I can't think of any sibling (in a loving family, anyway) that would be objective if someone hurt their fellow siblings, friend or not. I realize Gabi did help JJ at a low point, but in the end, blood really is thicker. Abigail is JJ's sister. Seems natural he would have a bias.

• Love 9
28 minutes ago, WendyCR72 said:

I can't think of any sibling (in a loving family, anyway) that would be objective if someone hurt their fellow siblings, friend or not. I realize Gabi did help JJ at a low point, but in the end, blood really is thicker. Abigail is JJ's sister. Seems natural he would have a bias.

Eric and Brady still talking to Nicole after she stole Sami's baby for nearly a year. 

I don't blame JJ for being loyal to Abby even though she is not worth the effort, I don't expect any less of him. JJ is actually a nice guy.

• Love 4
1 minute ago, nilyank said:

Eric and Brady still talking to Nicole after she stole Sami's baby for nearly a year. 

Yeah, but to be fair, even Sami seemed to go hot and cold on Nicole, before and after that. That seems to be more of an anomaly.

• Love 2
12 hours ago, Silver Raven said:

It is on top of her repeatedly calling her chiquita and senorita.

Still not racist, IMO.  There are far more serious words to worry about than "senorita" or chili pepper.

• Love 1