Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

2 minutes ago, tribeca said:

Wasn’t Jack a ghost in his last appearance?

Yes, but like Will's appearance as a ghost it was seen more like an apparition from a family member who was going through a breakdown, Lucas and JJ.  Speaking of making couple's interesting one thing that Jack and Jennifer had going for them is their story wasn't just about them being in love.  It was framed around them being reporters and how that was so heavily intertwined with their relationship.  It was also the hurdle of dealing with Jack's past.

Part of me is really liking this obstacle for Jack and Jennifer in the sense that as great as they are together they have had some serious issues in their relationship in the past.  Now that both are middle aged adults, with grown children and grandchildren.  They really need to kind of define their relationship going forward if they end up together and make it about what they both want now and who they are now as adults.  One thing in soaps I don't like is when a couple only exists because of their popular past as a couple. 

As Eve so sweetly kept pointing out, Jennifer and Jack are not married, and weren't married when he disappeared. As devious as Eve is she is right, Jennifer has no more "claim" to Jack than she does.

If Eli and Lani need something it isn't an interloper just an interesting storyline.  Soaps have gotten incredibly lazy lately in thinking the only thing couples can do is break up and get back together.  You can actually just write an interesting couple.  A novel idea I know but one can hope.

• Love 4
11 minutes ago, Silver Raven said:

Tad on AMC went to heaven and found all sorts of dead people there who eventually came back.

Robert Scorpio and Anna Devane also appeared as ghosts on GH around the time Robin was diagnosed with HIV - and they are now among the living, so chalk all of these examples up to...hallucinations, I guess?

• Love 3
10 hours ago, scra22 said:

And it can hopefully return us back to the classic days of Jack & Jennifer, where their best dynamic was cynical Jack pushing her away, and spunky Jennifer fighting for their love. 

Loved, loved, those days. I think this pair is what hooked me on Days in the first place -- although Patch and Kayla's tortured route to happiness was also compelling. But at one time there was nothing better than wordy, quirk Jack and spunky Jennifer. Although I should turn in my fan card for not remembering anything about a jade plant....

Re JJ/Casey Moss - I seem to recall a run-in with the law over some drunken behavior, but nothing specific. And for an early 20's guy, that kind of thing isn't very unusual, I guess. 

• Love 8
7 hours ago, JBC344 said:

Part of me is really liking this obstacle for Jack and Jennifer in the sense that as great as they are together they have had some serious issues in their relationship in the past.  Now that both are middle aged adults, with grown children and grandchildren.  They really need to kind of define their relationship going forward if they end up together and make it about what they both want now and who they are now as adults.  One thing in soaps I don't like is when a couple only exists because of their popular past as a couple. 

The main obstacle for Jack and Jennifer has always been internal, Jack's inability to accept that he is worthy of a good and happy life, despite the horrible things that he had done.  He walked out on Jennifer the first time because of Abigail's leukemia believing that he was being punished for his past mistakes and that they were better off without him. That really hurt Jennifer because her unwavering faith in Jack always kept her holding on in the darkest hours. She felt hurt, betrayed, alone and that gave Peter an opening.  As far as a couple only existing because of their past popularity, it depends on the couple.  If they are a supercouple, then their legion of fans are going to want them together, especially if the fans know that they were given horrific  and out of character writing designed to turn the fans against them.  The supercouples in their initial runs were given excellent writing that captivated the audience. 

7 hours ago, JBC344 said:

As Eve so sweetly kept pointing out, Jennifer and Jack are not married, and weren't married when he disappeared. As devious as Eve is she is right, Jennifer has no more "claim" to Jack than she does.

I disagree with that. Jennifer has more claim than Eve. Jack and Eve were never a real couple. They got married to secure Eve's inheritance from her dead pimp Nick.  Eve is using Jack's amnesia against Jennifer. Jennifer is Jack's one and only. I am going to enjoy Jennifer fight for Jack like before. I would love for Eve and Jack to buy back the spectator with Jennifer going back to work there. That is how they "met" and  I would love for Ron to recreate their first scene with Jack sitting in his seat turned backwards to the camera with him turning and saying hello to Jennifer. This was the time when Jack was bad and wanted to hurt his enemies via the spectator.  

• Love 7
13 hours ago, Kitty Redstone said:

Also, I don't care if Eve throws Abigail's and JJ's relationship with Jack into turmoil.  It gives JJ something to do and IDGAF what happens to Abigail.

LOL but yes.

10 hours ago, Petunia13 said:

Eve looked absolutely gorgeous. Wow. 😤 I wanted to place a Joanne the Scammer “I’m a messy bitch who lives for the drama” gif in this post cuz this is Eve right now. 

In that vein, me during Eve's entire (nonsensical) tirade:

tumblr_pd64pr7cje1wd0zf4o4_400.gif

• Love 10
12 hours ago, scra22 said:

He's [Jack] never had amnesia, and also, every time he's come back - whether from being "dead" or from just being offscreen somewhere - he's never once been upset with Jennifer, and he's always wanted her back. That to me makes this return fresh - for once, he wants nothing to do with her! If nothing else, at least that's a new angle and can turn this story on its head from what we have already seen several times with them. And it can hopefully return us back to the classic days of Jack & Jennifer, where their best dynamic was cynical Jack pushing her away, and spunky Jennifer fighting for their love. 

Interesting.  And I agree, if Jack's always been the one trying to win Jennifer back after coming BFTD, it being flipped this time and Jennifer having to win him back, in a sense, is fresher.  And, I think, will be a better look on Jennifer overall.  Jennifer to me is more interesting when she's active - i.e. trying to figure out who planted the drugs in JJ's apartment - versus passive.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 9
1 hour ago, Apprentice79 said:

The main obstacle for Jack and Jennifer has always been internal, Jack's inability to accept that he is worthy of a good and happy life, despite the horrible things that he had done.  He walked out on Jennifer the first time because of Abigail's leukemia believing that he was being punished for his past mistakes and that they were better off without him. That really hurt Jennifer because her unwavering faith in Jack always kept her holding on in the darkest hours. She felt hurt, betrayed, alone and that gave Peter an opening.  As far as a couple only existing because of their past popularity, it depends on the couple.  If they are a supercouple, then their legion of fans are going to want them together, especially if the fans know that they were given horrific  and out of character writing designed to turn the fans against them.  The supercouples in their initial runs were given excellent writing that captivated the audience. 

I disagree with that. Jennifer has more claim than Eve. Jack and Eve were never a real couple. They got married to secure Eve's inheritance from her dead pimp Nick.  Eve is using Jack's amnesia against Jennifer. Jennifer is Jack's one and only. I am going to enjoy Jennifer fight for Jack like before. I would love for Eve and Jack to buy back the spectator with Jennifer going back to work there. That is how they "met" and  I would love for Ron to recreate their first scene with Jack sitting in his seat turned backwards to the camera with him turning and saying hello to Jennifer. This was the time when Jack was bad and wanted to hurt his enemies via the spectator.  

Oh I agree that Jack and Jennifer have way more history than he and Eve, but that is what I meant by a couple only existing in their past. 

This point in time Jack isn't her husband and they weren't together when he "died". So as devious as Eve's intentions are, her actions in regard to Jack are actually pretty fair. Now the action of not telling the kids is one thing. 

Now I think using the past to jog Jack's memory makes sense, but at a certain point if they are going to be together they are going to have to examine the reoccuring issues they have always had in their relationship. 

One thing I appreciated with Adrienne and Justin getting back together this last time was the acknowledgement that they aren't kids anymore and if they are going to be together it needs to be a real commitment and no more playing games. I think J&J need that as well. 

• Love 3
10 minutes ago, JBC344 said:

Oh I agree that Jack and Jennifer have way more history than he and Eve, but that is what I meant by a couple only existing in their past. 

This point in time Jack isn't her husband and they weren't together when he "died". So as devious as Eve's intentions are, her actions in regard to Jack are actually pretty fair. Now the action of not telling the kids is one thing. 

Now I think using the past to jog Jack's memory makes sense, but at a certain point if they are going to be together they are going to have to examine the reoccuring issues they have always had in their relationship. 

One thing I appreciated with Adrienne and Justin getting back together this last time was the acknowledgement that they aren't kids anymore and if they are going to be together it needs to be a real commitment and no more playing games. I think J&J need that as well. 

I agree and that goes for all of the older couples like them. Leave the interlopers and misunderstandings to the younger couples.  I do think that the older couples should still confront and struggle with  problems without relying on tropes that worked when they were younger. 

I always liked that Justin and Adrienne always struggled with infidelity in their relationship. It is what made them different from the other couples. It is why the Bonnie story did not work for them. They were always grounded in reality with issues about infertility, class and infidelity.

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 3

I thought Jennifer and Jack were together when he got into that ill-fated elevator -- just not officially married. Which reminded me that at the time of Jack's previous return -- the Dannifer time -- Jennifer had received a divorce decree from him in the mail, hadn't she? Not that I'm defending Dan (blech!), but I think Jennifer thought things were officially over with Jack before she started down that route with Dan. Can anyone verify that? 

P.S. I think it would be brilliant for TPTB to have Jack and Jennifer reignite their love story by working on the Spectator together. SO brilliant, in fact, it will never happen. 

Edited by Lastwaltz
Add another thought without adding a new post.
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, Lastwaltz said:

Re JJ/Casey Moss - I seem to recall a run-in with the law over some drunken behavior, but nothing specific. And for an early 20's guy, that kind of thing isn't very unusual, I guess. 

And that was back in 2015, pretty long ago when you're as young as he is.  Now for me, that's about as recent as yesterday is in my memory!

• Love 4
11 minutes ago, Lastwaltz said:

I thought Jennifer and Jack were together when he got into that ill-fated elevator -- just not officially married. Which reminded me that at the time of Jack's previous return -- the Dannifer time -- Jennifer had received a divorce decree from him in the mail, hadn't she? Not that I'm defending Dan (blech!), but I think Jennifer thought things were officially over with Jack before she started down that route with Dan. Can anyone verify that? 

P.S. I think it would be brilliant for TPTB to have Jack and Jennifer reignite their love story by working on the Spectator together. SO brilliant, in fact, it will never happen. 

I'm pretty sure that Jennifer had officially picked Daniel when Jack was killed. I definitely remember when Chloe and Jennifer were rivals, Chloe wasted no time bringing up how Jennifer treated Jack at that time and how ashamed she should be. 

I'm actually assuming that Jack is the new intern Jennifer was raving about. Sort of a reverse on their history with Jennifer now the boss and Jack the intern. 

• Love 4
25 minutes ago, Lastwaltz said:

They were together before he died and Jennifer acted like she was being forced to get back together with Jack. When Jack died, his worthless daughter Abigail told her mom to go after Dan. That is when my hatred for Abigail started and it has not stopped..

• Love 8
8 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

They were together before he died and Jennifer acted like she was being forced to get back together with Jack. When Jack died, his worthless daughter Abigail told her mom to go after Dan. That is when my hatred for Abigail started and it has not stopped..

Omg your right. Forget my last post.  Abigail was a huge Daniel fan. That is what actually started the issues with her and Chloe. Abigail trying to disparage Chloe.

Allowing Chloe to give her that epic reality check about her own stunts she pulled on Austin and Carrie before telling her that Jack would be ashamed of the woman she has become. The last time anyone was allowed to check Abby. 

• Love 8
25 minutes ago, JBC344 said:

Omg your right. Forget my last post.  Abigail was a huge Daniel fan. That is what actually started the issues with her and Chloe. Abigail trying to disparage Chloe.

Allowing Chloe to give her that epic reality check about her own stunts she pulled on Austin and Carrie before telling her that Jack would be ashamed of the woman she has become. The last time anyone was allowed to check Abby. 

Thanks @Apprentice79 and @JBC344 -- I thought J&J were together, or on their way at least. I forgot all about Abigail's Dan-propping -- makes me ill to think about it. Now I'll be pissed at Abigail for a while just like all of you, lol. 

ETA: and I would be thrilled if the intern was Jack! 

Edited by Lastwaltz
more thoughts
  • Love 4
4 minutes ago, Lastwaltz said:

Thanks @Apprentice79 and @JBC344 -- I thought J&J were together, or on their way at least. I forgot all about Abigail's Dan-propping -- makes me ill to think about it. Now I'll be pissed at Abigail for a while just like all of you, lol. 

Ha ha, glad I can help.  Now that you and Apprentice79 have jogged my memory, Jennifer was starting back up with Jack but it was fueled by guilt over learning Jack had been tortured.  She chose Jack but still wanted Daniel which made their reunion a little clunky to say the least.  Jack pretty much died immediately after, and Jennifer went straight to Daniel with Abby's coaching.

• Love 4

Everyone talks about Abigail getting away with everything but what’abiut Chad?   He is a crappy friend and husband.  

I was really afraid Rafe was going to turn his back on Gabi. His body language just seemed like he was done with her.  

Maybe this is to judgy of me but I do feel Abby did set out to hurt Gabi mental illness or not.   

• Love 13
17 minutes ago, tribeca said:

Everyone talks about Abigail getting away with everything but what’abiut Chad?   He is a crappy friend and husband.  

I was really afraid Rafe was going to turn his back on Gabi. His body language just seemed like he was done with her.  

Maybe this is to judgy of me but I do feel Abby did set out to hurt Gabi mental illness or not.   

There was the theory originally that Abby's mental illness targeted "Gabi" because she had repressed anger over Gaby/Chad being together when she was "dead".

• Love 8
25 minutes ago, tribeca said:

I think that Abigail wanted to punish Gabi for being with Chad.  

Rafe is such an asshole! I did not like how he treated Hope today and I no longer care for Hope.  Hope is trying to be an understanding supportive wife and he barks at her for suggesting Rafe hire Ted to be Gabi's lawyer.  Hope has never made any disparaging remarks about Gabi, she is allowed to be upset about Gabi's latest stunts against her family. Can somebody explain to me why Rafe gets upset over Ted? Has he forgotten that he was the one who cheated and not Hope. Bo always treated Hope like the independent woman that she was back then. 

I still feel bad for Gabi and it is obvious that she is alone, unlike Abigail who will have everybody to give her comfort love, support, friendship, it sickens me. Gabi has Wilson but they are so self-centered, couldn't they go see Gabi and offer her words of support and what they will  do in the event she does go to prison and how that will affect Arianna.  I wish that Sonny would hire a lawyer for her, It makes sense that Justin would not take her case.  I feel that Gabi being isolated will only push her to do bad things.  I can see Stefan taking advantage of it all.  

Eve makes no sense at all. I cannot understand her motivations, hating Jennifer is not enough of a reason for her to be hateful. I did like it when she trashed Abigail to Jack. I remembered Abigail slapped her in the face over her mom.  Abigail is violent and dangerous. Eve was right in saying that today.. 

I don't care about Chabby and their latest problems. They brought it on themselves.  It is obvious that Chad will use Gabi to whitewash his own mistakes. 

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 11
39 minutes ago, tribeca said:

21 minutes ago, JBC344 said:

There was the theory originally that Abby's mental illness targeted "Gabi" because she had repressed anger over Gaby/Chad being together when she was "dead".

I remember Abs' alter Dr. Laura talking about how "Gabby" had no moral compass, so it would seem that's how Abby secretly thought of her best friend==I would love for all of this to be dredged up again, especially with Abby showing up while Gabi's in the interrogation room, especially if KM's Abby showed some kind of compassion and self-awareness in regards to what they've both lost but I'm afraid we're just going to see KM's brand of self-righteous smugness.

And I actually liked how Rafe played his scenes with Gabi--he's angry at her actions, but he still loves her and he's going to help her as much as he can and I'm kind of getting that feeling from Sonny as well, especially regarding Ari's upsetment.

I did love how Jack was obviously uninterested in Abby and her spawn and getting to know her better and Eve's calling her a head case was fabulous.  I do like Eve in a more villain mode.

Edited by kitmerlot1213
  • Love 8
29 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

Gabi has Wilson but they are so self-centered, couldn't they go see Gabi and offer her words of support and what they will do in the event she does go to prison and how that will affect Arianna

Yeah, I didn't like Sonny using Gabi's situation as an excuse to whine to Leo about him being such a meanie and keeping him and Will apart.  "We should have fobbed Ari off on John and Marlena together!"

Relatedly, Gabi should be psyched Justin decided not to take her case given what a bang-up job he did when she got framed by Gabigail.  Hell, she should have targeted him for revenge too!

Also relatedly, so Leo's got a mean mommy, a classic soap setup for redemption (a.k.a. the Roxy Balsom Gambit).

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 8

guess I'm glad KM is back, just so they can use flashbacks of Jack and his family, but I just do not like her portrayal of Abigail. 

Today, Gabi displayed signs of remorse, or at least recognizing she'd done something wrong, and I felt a little bit of sympathy towards her.  Even Leo, when talking about his mother, showed a vulnerable side.  And Chad, when talking to Charlotte, seemed remorseful.  But KM just can't bring any softness, or vulnerability, to her Abigail, with anyone. 

Maybe some of it's the writing, as I was sure they were going to show Abigail listening to Chad's promises to Charlotte, but more likely it's her acting.  I know it's pointless to wonder, but I do wonder how MM would be acting in these scenes.

• Love 9
1 minute ago, superdeluxe said:

Man, Ron is doing some big time recycling with this Jack story.  He found some old scripts and changed the names from Will, Sonny, and Paul to Jack, Jennifer, and Eve.

Lol, complete with Eve as Susan. 

• Love 1

It's ludicrous, since Will just came back recently, for everybody to keep saying that it's impossible for Jack to come back.

Oh, please, it's going to be Princess Abigail who brings Jack's memories back?  Ugh.

Good idea to find another lawyer considering it was Justin's fault that Gabi went to jail in the first place.

Funny that Eve would go with Abigail trying to suffocate three women, and not with having murdered Andre.

Where is Belle?  Why don't they ask her to represent Gabi?

Why would SPD allow a "victim" in the same room as the person accused of victimizing her?

• Love 6
24 minutes ago, superdeluxe said:

Man, Ron is doing some big time recycling with this Jack story.  He found some old scripts and changed the names from Will, Sonny, and Paul to Jack, Jennifer, and Eve.

I don't really see how Eve and Paul's roles in these stories are comparable.

It's not like Will was the first soap character ever to come BFTD with amnesia, but these stories are awful close together.  It's still the way I think they had to go with a Jack return, though, and not that J&J fans probably care lol.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, kitmerlot1213 said:

I would love for all of this to be dredged up again, especially with Abby showing up while Gabi's in the interrogation room, especially if KM's Abby showed some kind of compassion and self-awareness in regards to what they've both lost but I'm afraid we're just going to see KM's brand of self-righteous smugness.

Yea, that would never work because KM is utterly incapable of doing anything but smug, self-righteous bitchiness. 

1 hour ago, buffynut said:

I know it's pointless to wonder, but I do wonder how MM would be acting in these scenes.

I keep doing that, too.

1 hour ago, Kitty Redstone said:

She would've whisper-monotoned her lines, unblinkingly.  She was marginally better IMO than Kate Mansi, but only because MM doesn't ooze smug out of every pore.

Although, this is true lol. Still, it's the smugness of KM's Abigail that really irks, so the simple fact that MM was capable of being something besides smug would make this much easier to stomach. Also, MM had a warmth, even in her boringness or when she was trying to smug it up in prep for KM, and that really helped. I have said this like a million times, but it is truly astonishing that KM can not bring even an ounce of warmth to any scene. Quite frankly, I find it disturbing lol.

Ugh, I love MA/Jack so much. I love how he's playing this. His hands shaking when he was talking to Abigail was great. I like him and KDP/Eve together as well. 

I'm already so over everyone acting like Gabi is a disgusting pos that deserves to go to prison forever. I hope Gabi just says fuck it and continues to be devious and make these people pay. Please, make it happen TPTB! I don't want her begging all these fuckers for forgiveness.

I'm interested in the situation with Leo and his mom, even if it is such a cliche. 

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 11
18 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

I'm already so over everyone acting like Gabi is a disgusting pos that deserves to go to prison forever.

Rafe being appalled about her switching the paternity test...didn't this dude do the same when Nicole was pregnant with EJ's baby at some point?

Relatedly, Hope saying "it's really Jack or a double" to Rafe was unintentionally funny given 1) Hope's husband was replaced with a double and 2) Rafe himself was replaced with a double.

• Love 7
14 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

Rafe being appalled about her switching the paternity test...didn't this dude do the same when Nicole was pregnant with EJ's baby at some point?

Rafe did it with Grace. I think he did it with Danny Rafe as well. 

Considering Rafe has helped to cover up an attempted murder and a murder on top of the custodial interference / kidnapping stuff all while carrying a badge, his outrage and judgement leaves me cold. 

• Love 8

Rafe is such a hypocrital douchebag. Where's Ben and his necktie when we need him?

Kate Mansi is awful. Just awful. Abigail just came face to face with her father who she thought was dead for years and she was talking to him like he was someone she chatted with on the phone yesterday. 

• Love 16
17 minutes ago, howmanywords said:

Rafe is such a hypocrital douchebag. Where's Ben and his necktie when we need him?

Kate Mansi is awful. Just awful. Abigail just came face to face with her father who she thought was dead for years and she was talking to him like he was someone she chatted with on the phone yesterday. 

Agree.  She was so, so bad.  I didn't feel anything in that scene except annoyance at KM.

• Love 7

What proof to that have against Gabi ?

is it only her confession?   What exactly did she confess to?

Rafe said she broke up a marriage and caused Julie to fall down the stairs.  It’s not Gabis fault that Chad is an idiot and Julie is a screaming klutz. 

Any drugs she gave Abigail are out of her system.  A good lawyer could get that confession thrown out.   Ted is her best bet.  

• Love 16

Salem USA is where justice goes to die.  Justin never asked Abigail if she ever thought of Thomas when she was framing Gabi.  It is like Abigail never framed Gabi  to hear Chad, JJ, Justin and etc talk today.

• Love 10
1 hour ago, TeeVee329 said:

Relatedly, Hope saying "it's really Jack or a double" to Rafe was unintentionally funny given 1) Hope's husband was replaced with a double and 2) Rafe himself was replaced with a double.

3) Hope herself was replaced with a double.

Seriously, outside of an initial shock that he is alive wouldn't half of Salem just automatically be comfortable with the revelation and just assume that maybe a Dimera had something to do with it.

• Love 8
9 hours ago, boes said:

And that was back in 2015, pretty long ago when you're as young as he is.  Now for me, that's about as recent as yesterday is in my memory!

I Google-Fu'd it: 
He had to much to drink at a book signing and threw a punch at the bartender (who refused to serve him any more).  He was charged with 3 violations; 2 were dismissed and he plead guilty to 'disorderly conduct' and paid a fine.  It was a misdimeanor.

Hopefully that brush with the law was enough to ensure he doesn't do anything foolish again.

• Love 3

Wow.  Today was really action packed.  

Loved:
- JJ's priorities: yes I screwed up but Dad is back is more important.  He's right.  OTOH, while letting Chad see Abigail is fine, leaving him alone in the house with Charlotte?  Not the best idea.  This is SALEM.  And weird shit happens.  He should have stayed there with Chad.
- Jack's reaction to Abigail was really good.  He kinda lost it there for a minute.  I think Eve is right that he's psychologically fractured.  I also liked that he immediately sniffed the stench of bullshit that Eve was piling on.  'Why are you so focused on Jennifer?'  and 'Where are you going?'  Eve was particularly transparent with the evil machinations in her interaction with Jack. 
- I must be alone in my appreciation for KM's body language for Abigail when she was talking to Jack.  I thought she did a good job of being both "Daddy!" and cautious at the same time.  
- Eve with JJ.  While she's in full-on villain mode with Jack & Jennifer, I sense some regret over what this is doing to JJ.  He did a good job with his verbal attack but she was relatively tame in response.  
- Gabi was, IMO, manipulating Rafe a bit.  "Help me Rafe, you're my only hope." is a message that will work with Rafe.  I DO believe she's feeling shitty about her actions but mostly it's because she's been caught and I believe she does love her daughter.  Poor Ari is screwed.  Three parents and none of them spent time with her today while Mom's back in jail. Yes Grandma Marelena & Grandpa John are great -- and Marlena being a psychiatrist is probably the best substitute if you don't have a parent -- but this child needs STABILITY.

Liked:
- Leo's bitterness about his mother.  I'm tired of Leo's jackass behavior.

Nope:
- Chad's sad sack routine.  He needs to take off Stefano's ring and smash it.  And he should give Abigail space but ask to work out a visiting arrangement with both kids -- she with Thomas, he with Charlotte.
- Will's dialog today was a bit clunky --- I expected "Meanwhile at the Kirakis" mansion in a comic book style bubble to appear everytime he finished a scene.
- Hope and Rafe's poor communication skills.  Rafe:  Hope suggestion was good.  Get off your high horse.  Hope:  Just ask Rafe what he needs, stop trying to problem solve.

• Love 8
42 minutes ago, Sonoma said:

Did KM really win an Emmy? Because she's God awful. I don't know if it's because MM (who can actually act) played Abby in the interim, but KM seems even worse now than she did her first round.

I thought she did a great job in today's scenes.  I loved how she and Chad played off each other.  I like the chemistry between the two.  I also really liked her scenes with Jack today.  She looked crushed when he rejected her today.  

• Love 5
2 hours ago, scra22 said:

I'm surprised Jack had a memory this quickly. How long did it take Will? Hopefully that means his amnesia doesn't last near as long. 

It kind of depends on what you're looking for in the timeline, as far as it happening with or without Rolf's serum. Not long after returning to Salem, Sami broke Ben out of the mental institution to re-strangle Will in an attempt to have his memories return (seriously lol). It succeeded in that Will remembered the night Ben originally strangled him, but that was it for months.

Holy hell, I went back and checked and the re-strangulation happened in November 2017; Will didn't find out about the serum until June 2018 then took two doses with small memory flashes happening shortly after each. The big breakthrough wasn't for a couple months later in August. I would like to think they're going to speed up the process here given how similar both stories are. I'm fine with where there are for now, given that the same established process is what brought Will & Jack back, but once they realize what happened to Jack things really should move along.

• Love 5
52 minutes ago, A.J. said:

I thought she did a great job in today's scenes.  I loved how she and Chad played off each other.  I like the chemistry between the two.  I also really liked her scenes with Jack today.  She looked crushed when he rejected her today.  

LOL.  Crushed when that has never happened to her before.  That is certainly something new for her.

• Love 6

So I just watched an episode of Days for the first time in a few years (I regularly watched from like 1993 to 2008 and then sporadically until about 2014) and I was struck by how all the young/young-ish men on this show have the same stubble, slicked hair, and too much chest hair peaking out from a not-buttoned-up-high-enough button down. Like there were four of them that were all kind of interchangeable and they all seemed like they smell like Axe body spray and would be kind of sticky if you touched them.

• Love 3

Today I experienced a miracle, KM was on my screen and I only ff through her scenes with Chad. I actually watched her scenes with JJ and Jack. She was her usual smu, self-absorbed self with JJ, but her scenes with Jack worked for me.

Days being Days, I’m not certain that the flashback to his death means this is truly Jack. MA and his fans have been screwed over by TPTB plenty of times. So I can sadly envision them revealing him to either be a fake, or finding some other way to destroy and dump the character before writing him off. The recent treatment of SN only reinforces these fears because  Steve should really be a part of Jack’s return. Heck, I’m still pissed at how they got rid of MA when Jack was used to bring Steve back from the dead. We got cheated out of the Johnson Brothers storyline then too.

Rafe still sucks. Hope still sucks. Sadly, this is the duo that the show will stick with because Days openly hates its viewers.

• Love 8

Eve obviously found some time to go clothes shopping. Her dress was good, as was the fake fur coat.

She really should be more objective with 'Jack'. Make it look like you are actually trying to help him out.

I thought Abigail initially made her reunion with her 'dad' all about her. He was more of a curiosity than anything.

Hope, do not give Rafe advice unless he asks for it. There aren't many lawyers left in Salem so Ted may be Gabi's hope of getting off most of the charges. A psych evaluation should absolve her of most of them - her PTSD or jail time and being beaten in jail, etc. would have contributed to her actions. I don't see what sorts of felonies she is looking at. No sign of any drugs in Abs' system, no proof that Gabi did not take some of the sleeping pills herself, Julie was a klutz who tripped over her own self and fell down the stairs.

Curious to see who Leo's 'mother' is and why she is being mentioned.

Chad and Abs should visit each of their kids individually for now.

• Love 5
31 minutes ago, Happytobehere said:

Today I experienced a miracle, KM was on my screen and I only ff through her scenes with Chad. I actually watched her scenes with JJ and Jack. She was her usual smu, self-absorbed self with JJ, but her scenes with Jack worked for me.

Days being Days, I’m not certain that the flashback to his death means this is truly Jack. MA and his fans have been screwed over by TPTB plenty of times. So I can sadly envision them revealing him to either be a fake, or finding some other way to destroy and dump the character before writing him off. The recent treatment of SN only reinforces these fears because  Steve should really be a part of Jack’s return. Heck, I’m still pissed at how they got rid of MA when Jack was used to bring Steve back from the dead. We got cheated out of the Johnson Brothers storyline then too.

Rafe still sucks. Hope still sucks. Sadly, this is the duo that the show will stick with because Days openly hates its viewers.

It is strange how Jack and Steve are never on the show at the same time. I believe last time they were for a few months, Jack was written off because Missy left the show and they just decided to send Jack and Jennifer off into the sunset. 

On GH under Ron, the character of Duke was brought back to life and then a few months later it was revealed he was a villain in a mask. This reveal went hand in hand with revealing that the real Duke was alive and being held captive somewhere. I could possibly see something like this happening where the DiMeras (or whoever) have Jack somewhere and this one is a fake. But IDK. I just don't see the point in having Eve involved and the whole amnesia thing if it's not real Jack. Those obstacles wouldn't be needed. Just have fakeJack come on, reunite with everyone, then start doing shady stuff under everyone's noses. That would make more sense for an impostor storyline.

• Love 5
49 minutes ago, Happytobehere said:

I am cautiously optimistic and yes I am still pissed we did not have a Johnson family storyline with Steve and Jack in 2006. We had Kayla, Stefanie, Jennifer and Abigail on the show. What a waste! However, I do think that Jack is psychologically damaged and there was an anvil dropped today about what could happen if Jack's family pushes him too far to remember them. We all know that there is violence in Jack.. Steve should be here in the thick of things. As much as Steve loves his brother-in-law, Shane, he would not hesitate to take out Eve, if she hurt Jack with her machinations. Damn Ken Corday, he is the only one that I blame for this Steve not being here debacle..

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 8

Didn't we see a "JD" on one of the doors in Dr Rolf's House of the Living Dead?  If I'm assuming that Jack is one of Rolf's reincarnations, I don't mind the similarities to Will's reintroduction.  I remember Kristin saying they were doing important there, so it makes sense that the amnesia is one of the kinks Rolf is trying to work out with his serums.  I'm even assuming there are more of them wandering around the Nashville area after that explosion.  

Add me to the list of those wondering what Marci Miller would have done with those scenes at Jack's door.  Even when Kate Mansi is crying, she can't project a sense of deep hurt or vulnerability.  

Why didn't Gabi speak up when Rafe said she was responsible for Julie falling down the stairs?  Julie falling down the stairs was her own stupid fault.  Are we supposed to think the Gabi is so overwhelmed with guilt that she's lost all of her fight?  

• Love 5