Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

In light of all of the comments being thrown at Ron, I want to stick up for him for a moment.

I'm going to take the completely opposite stance and say that I'm actually proud of him.  Not for actually going through with Stefan and Gabby having sex.  That was skeevy, icky, and disgusting.  What I'm proud of is that he's clearly portraying it as the lunacy it is.  Think back to the music that accompanied their sex scenes.  It was not romantic, hot music at all.  It was clearly eerie-sounding music that helped to highlight how sick, depraved, and evil the whole thing was.

It was a far cry from how he portrayed the so-called "love" of Ford and Tess on OLTL.  He expected the fans to root for them, and indeed, only the naive teen girls and twenty-something girls bought it.  But with Stefan and Gabby?  Nope.  He clearly knew the score this time and portrayed it as such.

So yeah, while I am also completely grossed out by what happened, at the very least, I'm happy that Ron is not, by any stretch of the imagination, portraying Stefan and Gabby as the root-for couple.  He is very clearly showing that the "love" and "romance" between them is in their minds only, IMO, and the juxtaposition of their scenes with Kate, Marlena, and Vivian's scenes serves as further proof of that.

Just my two cents.

Edited by Prin Holmes
  • Love 7

I’m just curious to see what happens to Stefan. Everyone knows what he did & how long he’s known but will anything come of it? Doubt it. They’ll all probably live in the same house without missing a beat. Although, there is the chance they GabAbby could get pregnant, right? She could come back as just Abby but be pregnant. That would be totally gross. Stefan would love it though.

• Love 8

Just watched Friday's show.  So gross.  This Gabby/Stefan story is so dark and twisted and not in a fun way.

It really creeps me out watching it. I usually don't like Abigail and actively hated her before, but I feel bad for her. It wouldn't be as bad if Stefan didn't know Gabby was an alter, but watching him force her to come out is just disgusting. Forcing her to come out, then the rape. Ugh.

And why the fuck does he even love her in the first place? Not that I really care, because he's slime.

• Love 8
8 hours ago, MsTree said:

I like Gabby too...for exactly the reason(s) you mentioned...and IMO, no one should be yelling at you for stating your opinion. Unlike other forums (where trolls pounce), I've always thought PTV was a safe place to discuss unpopular opinions, and I'm betting we're not the ones who enjoy the Gabby alter. Come on out Gabby fans!

Abby was written, as a vixen, when she went after EJ and Austin.   The problem was that the show wanted her to be a heroine, at the same time.  Ron chose the wrong mental illness to give to Abby.  She fits more of a person that suffers from borderline personality Disorder. 

• Love 7

I'm trying to focus on the good parts of Friday's episode and ignoring the horrible rape sequence--I wouldn't put it past the writers to have "Gabby" getting pregnant and a "Who's the daddy?" storyline to complete this whole disgusting thing.

I liked that Chad/Gabi scenes and how they're able to yell at each other but you know they'll support each other through thick and thin--a very real and genuine friendship.

I can't believe I'm saying this, but good for Rafe for figuring out Abby's secret and now he and Hope found proof that the woman in the black wig is Abs--YEAH!!

The Kate/Marlena/Vivian scenes were fabulous and how much did I love the show allowing these three great vets to share such great moments together.  Nicely played :)

• Love 8
5 hours ago, Prin Holmes said:

In light of all of the comments being thrown at Ron, I want to stick up for him for a moment.

I'm going to take the completely opposite stance and say that I'm actually proud of him.  Not for actually going through with Stefan and Gabby having sex.  That was skeevy, icky, and disgusting.  What I'm proud of is that he's clearly portraying it as the lunacy it is.  Think back to the music that accompanied their sex scenes.  It was not romantic, hot music at all.  It was clearly eerie-sounding music that helped to highlight how sick, depraved, and evil the whole thing was.

It was a far cry from how he portrayed the so-called "love" of Ford and Tess on OLTL.  He expected the fans to root for them, and indeed, only the naive teen girls and twenty-something girls bought it.  But with Stefan and Gabby?  Nope.  He clearly knew the score this time and portrayed it as such.

So yeah, while I am also completely grossed out by what happened, at the very least, I'm happy that Ron is not, by any stretch of the imagination, portraying Stefan and Gabby as the root-for couple.  He is very clearly showing that the "love" and "romance" between them is in their minds only, and I am oh, the justification of their scenes with Kate, Marlena, and Vivian's scenes serves as further proof of that.

Just my two cents.

Interesting take and I see what you mean.  I'm going to be interested to see what follows.

Thanks!

• Love 4

I keep wondering if Tyler Christopher was meant to be a long-term character at all.  After Friday's show, I cannot imagine any redemption for him.  By rights, he should be prosecuted and sent off to Statesville.  So maybe all along this was only supposed to be a short-term role for him. 

• Love 5
10 minutes ago, sas616 said:

I keep wondering if Tyler Christopher was meant to be a long-term character at all.  After Friday's show, I cannot imagine any redemption for him.  By rights, he should be prosecuted and sent off to Statesville.  So maybe all along this was only supposed to be a short-term role for him. 

He's in a two year contract according to Jason47. I suspect he will be murdered some time next year, much like the other "big" names from other soaps/shows who come over to DAYS for a role. Throwing him right into the thick of things with MM/BF (two of the weakest actors on the show) was a mistake, not that TC does any great performance himself.

Edited by betweenthelines
  • Love 7

I hope Stefan is going to be a short-term character who disappears whenever Vivian leaves Salem. Or even before, would be fine.  Because I can't see a long term role for him.  His pathetic romantic obsession with Gabby makes him seem mentally ill, and unlike a villain who would sleep with his brother's wife, just because he can. Stefan was ready to drop everything and leave Salem for good so he and his "girlfriend" could be together, forever. 

Even though y'all who saw this storyline play out on the other show Ron wrote for and said it would happen, I still thought something would interrupt them before they actually ended up in bed.  It was just so sick and gross to watch. Especially when Abby came out and instead of realizing how what he was doing was wrong, Stefan forced Abby to "go away".  Which reminds me,  Where has Dr. Laura been all this time.  Shouldn't she have stopped this. Or at least tried.  I hope Abby doesn't become pregnant after all this, though I'm sure that she probably will.

I did enjoy the Marlena/Kate/Vivian scenes.  The best part of yesterday's show, for sure.

Also enjoyed Chad/Gabi.  

And though it was ok watching Hope and Rafe figure out who the dark-haired woman was, I was sickened by Hope's sly smirky smile when Rafe left the room.  

• Love 7

I never watched one life to live or general hospital so I never know any of those past characters or stories mentioned here. 

Agree with the post about the music during Gabby/Stephen scenes showing the story was dark and twisted.  

UO i felt Chad was the weakest actor in the story day.  His face when seeing Abby in bed with Stephan was expressionless.  

Then what do I know I think he (Chad) tons more chemistry with the real Gabby. 

Do you think there is a reason that we know Stephan use to go by the name Sam?

• Love 5

Ron seems to be in full ReRon mode now re-playing the DID storyline, which I bet will turn into a WTD story after Abby gets help. After reading the article again with FS/CM/CS; it made me realize that Will and Sonny getting back together is typical of Ron since he always goes back to the original couple, much like he did with Chad and Abby when he took over after becoming HW. The thing is with Ron is that he usually does a hard reverse with the original couple and deconstructs them, which is what is happening again with Gabby/Stefan, who I believe will be an eventual couple on the show, as gross as that may be. 

When it comes to Will/Sonny them getting back together is a good thing. Ron clearly likes writing for both Will/Paul, and out of the triangle they're the most attractive (Ron is shallow). I also wouldn't be assuming that Will and Sonny will last and Paul will be left in the cold. With Ron in charge Paul is very much in the running for Will imo, if not more so than Sonny. It's only a matter of time until Ron breaks WilSon apart after reuniting them as he's known to do, and has Will with Paul. Which frankly he should, since they clearly have the most chemistry out of all the pairings under fifty. 

• Love 4

I hope to all that is holy that Ron intended for that love scene to come across as twisted. Screwing  someone's original personality away is a new one on me. It's just gross. Watching Abby struggle with him was sad. It really was.

• Love 14

Is anybody else disappointed that Anna is currently AWOL? I realize she was back for a short stint, but once again it's like a character has just vanished from the canvas with no explanation. After she was implicated in the Andre murder, it would have been nice to see her reaction to Gabi getting sentenced to jail.

Why the hell should we care how Abigail's alternate personality spells her name? If Viv hadn't pointed out that it's "Gabby", I wouldn't have known, even though most of you have been making that distinction for weeks now. I read your words but then my mind actively blocked it out because this shit is too stupid. And how does Viv even know what spelling this fake person uses?

I officially hate Stefan.  He's been on the canvas for months and has no personality  or voice or reason for being. He's just this thing that's been inserted into Chad and Abigail's marriage to stir up trouble. Now that he's raping Abigail (AGAIN Show?!? Really?!?), I have no use for him. I was trying to be positive, because the actor does look a little bit like the son of Vivian and Stefano, especially in the eyes. Now I'm just done.

And this is entirely Ron's failure. It's his job to direct the team of writers to craft compelling reasons for these two characters to be attracted to each other. The alternate personality has given lip service to how wonderful Stefan makes her feel, but I really don't see how any of that makes sense. Ron could have spent the last few months establishing in subtle ways how Abby privately feels trapped by Chad and working for DiMera and being mother to their child, and that could have motivated this alternate personality who wants to run away and be wild and kind of a bitch. It would have made sense too, because Abigail still would have been stinging from the fact that her close friend got into her husband's bed. But we didn't see any of that. We've heard characters somewhat talk about it, especially Gabi herself this week - which I loved! May she hate Ms Horton forever - but Abigail has done nothing at all in months to show any distaste towards her friend. So why all of a sudden is this alter coming up? Oh right. Lazy writing.

And once again I'm amazed by how easily the story is moved into its climax, with characters just walking into a room and finding something out with absolutely no fanfare. Remember how stupid it was back when that picture of Kristen paying the mugger finally ended up in Marlena's hands after weeks of it being passed between various characters? I didn't enjoy that, but at least that had some build up. Here we just have Kate walking into the room, and Rafe and Hope seeing the right security footage, etc. It's so easy and casual that it kind of makes you wonder why it didn't happen weeks ago. It's like the story itself doesn't particularly care about any of these details. Hope and Rafe and Kate all found out on the same day just because it was probably time to wrap this shit up. Way to build momentum Ron!

Even that climactic moment of Chad seeing Abigail with the wig on in Stefan's bed wasn't choreographed in any special way. He could have just as easily been walking in on her shaving her legs. I appreciated the drama that they tried to build with the reveal of Abigail wearing the black wig weeks ago, but apparently that was their only idea.

(And if he's so desperate to get her out of town, why did Stefan screw her in the house where everyone keeps walking in on them and having to be thrown into the secret room? ARGGGH my brain hurts.)

Am I off in feeling like this DID storyline is worthy of Dena? I haven't disliked a storyline to this degree since the Chase crap, and the Ava crap. And now Wyatt is back to lie to Ciara some more? Great! Let's really drive the remaining three young characters into the ground! You go Claire, being petty and bratty! Not nearly enough of that going on right now. More please! And are Brady, Lucas, Miguel and Rafe all trying to strong-arm and blackmail the women in their lives? Awesome! Never stop doing that. That's absolutely the way women should be treated on this show, at all times, no exceptions. *rage*

I will say that I love Vivian slapping Abigail across the face and calling her a total loon. It doesn't make any sense because Vivian hasn't spend any time with Abigail and knows nothing of her personal history from last few years, but I'll take what I can get. Vivian is my spirit animal on this show right now. Even she seems to understand how ridiculous the stories are and just walks around rolling her eyes at the stupidity surrounding her.

I'm holding out hope that this Mexico business pulls me back in, because my interest is flatlining. This should probably go in the Unpopular Opinions thread, but I don't especially care about Paul and Will, so that's not saving things for me.

At least JJ is over Lani. Does that mean she can get a one-way ticket out of town again?

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Love 9
3 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

Is anybody else disappointed that Anna is currently AWOL? I realize she was back for a short stint, but once again it's like a character has just vanished from the canvas with no explanation. After she was implicated in the Andre murder, it would have been nice to see her reaction to Gabi getting sentenced to jail.

Yes, me.  I assumed it was a short stint, but since I haven't been reading spoilers, don't know if she's actually gone or not.  I hate when characters just disappear.  

I'm holding out hope that this Mexico business pulls me back in, because my interest is flatlining. This should probably go in the Unpopular Opinions thread, but I don't especially care about Paul and Will, so that's not saving things for me.

I'm losing interest too.  In fact, for the first time in months, I actually looked a the daily previews for this week. And, sadly, wasn't terribly impressed. Not good, considering nice weather will soon be here, which will make it easier to not bother watching every day.

• Love 4
7 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

I am getting bored with Horita. Chemistry is not enough.   I remember wanting Steve and Kayla, Bo and Carly, Kim and Shane, Jack and Jennifer together and they had not had sex yet or even shared a kiss. However, the writers gave them a push/pull dynamic that made you pay attention to them.. The writers also never relied on interlopers to make them interesting. 

Paul needs to be fleshed out more. Who is he? Besides, being Sonny's first love and John's retcon son. We got to know Steve, due to his antagonism, for Bo and their shared past, via Britta. His cynicism about life. His longing for his baby brother Billy and  his low self-esteem, due to having one eye. Kayla's interest in him bothered him and excited him at the same time. She treated him like a person and never called him, Patch, a name that she felt was derogatory. She always called him Steve.  Steve paid attention to Kayla, who was often ignored, for her older sister Kim, by everybody, except, for Bo, who also felt marginalized.

We got to know Carly, through her work, as a doctor, caring, for  an injured,Shawn-Douglas and her attraction for Bo, who was a grieving widower.  Bo struggled with his grief for Hope, but, felt conflicted and guilty about being with Carly. The same for Shane via his work in the ISA and his burgeoning friendship with Kim. Kim finally connected with a man, who did not exploit her in some way.  She also did not have to live up, to being, the best and the brightest, like her dad, expected her to be.  She could be herself, warts and all. Jack was a hot mess and we were getting more insight on his darkness, why he did terrible things. Trying to overcome his past. His complex relationship with his father, Harper.  His lonely childhood that Jennifer also experienced in her own life. His banter with Jennifer, at the Spectator, was divine..

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 6

Horita is boring because Will is boring and Paul is just okay. Instead of hooking them off, Paul should have resisted all of Will's advances. He was dumped at his wedding to Sonny. He should have been angry at the circumstances, Sonny and Will. Even when Wilson broke up, Paul should have been even more upset that his life was upended for nothing. It would be one thing is Will and Sonny reunited and made a go of it. Instead, they broke up after a few months.

I don't find the relation all that serious because I think it is a rebound relationship with Paul. I actually think Will soothes Paul's ego and heartache over losing Sonny however that just me trying to make the Sonny, Paul and Will dynamic interesting.

• Love 9
1 hour ago, Apprentice79 said:

Paul needs to be fleshed out more. 

They need to flesh out almost everyone!!!!  At least all the newer characters.  And they need to have families.   

I know I've posted this before, but I loved all the regular inter-actions between Shawn and Caroline and Bo, Roman, Kim & Kayla.   And John/Roman and Marlena and kids.  Bo and Hope, and Shawn Douglas.  (loved that kid)  Loved Mike and his little sis Jennifer.  I could go on and on.  But every scene wasn't plot driven. Or if it was, it wasn't screaming in your face obvious.

These days we have Claire's parents mostly off screen in Hong Kong.  Ciara's mother is still fixated on her romantic life.  Tripp occasionally in scenes with Steve and Kayla. 

This new character, Whyatt, would be so much more interesting if he was the son of one of the hospital doctors.  Or simply the son of anyone on screen.  But he'll probably just float around the town square or the loft, and we won't learn anything about him or his motives for what he does.

I know a lot of people didn't like the large Herandez family, myself kinda included, but that was the closest we came to the family dynamics I used to love.  Unfortunately, it was Rafe's family, but it doesn't even matter now, as they're all gone.

I know budget restraints prevents a lot of things they'd probably like to do, and I don't watch other soaps, so maybe they're all the same now, but I do wish I could care about the show the same way I did in the 80's.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, nilyank said:

Horita is boring because Will is boring and Paul is just okay. Instead of hooking them off, Paul should have resisted all of Will's advances. He was dumped at his wedding to Sonny. He should have been angry at the circumstances, Sonny and Will. Even when Wilson broke up, Paul should have been even more upset that his life was upended for nothing. It would be one thing is Will and Sonny reunited and made a go of it. Instead, they broke up after a few months.

I don't find the relation all that serious because I think it is a rebound relationship with Paul. I actually think Will soothes Paul's ego and heartache over losing Sonny however that just me trying to make the Sonny, Paul and Will dynamic interesting.

That could have been the push/pull for Horita.  Will shows interest in Paul, but, Paul is skeptical.  Yet, he finds himself falling for Will.  

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 4

For me Will is the most interesting out of the entire triangle. Just due to the fact I loved Sami and followed her story and from watching that I fell in love with the character of Will since I watched him from literally conception to his most recent death and all the moments in between.  He is the most established and fleshed out character in his generation (aside from Abby). The others are either retcon's or nobody's in that age group. Paul needs to be way more fleshed out for me. I never cared about his character until his pairing with Will. The best chance Paul has at this is being paired with Will since Will is the lead in their SL. I do like the Will and Paul relationship but that's mostly due to Will and the fact that I personally don't think this Will and current Sonny are well matched. I mean this could change depending on the writing, but I don't think FS is going to be able to step up his game in the pairing to make me root for it again. Also, Sonny is a horrible character imo.

I think Ron wanted to establish Will and Paul as a full fledged couple first before delving deeper into the triangle. I don't think this is a rebound for Paul; I think Paul is a romantic at heart and right now I don't think Will is currently feeling him the same way he is currently feeling Will. But I get Paul feeling this way since Sonny has treated him like trash for years. I think Ron simply saw that Sonny and Paul was not winning over the audience and was not working, and with Will returning who has the history of being on the show for years and is attached to literally everyone on the canvas and has driven many SL's; I get why Ron had to rewrite things a bit in order to make Will the centre. I'm sure we're in for a lot of angst once things start up.

Ultimately, I would prefer Will away from both if they're just going to put him back with Sonny forever. I think Will would be great paired with a EJ type character, since I feel as though Will is meant to be a morally grey character at heart. CM is also great at playing Will with an edge. I get Sonny is more fleshed out on the canvas and has the history with Will but it would take A LOT to get me to root from them again. It worries me since FS seems to be working out, eating healthier now and has lost weight so I think Will and Sonny are either together six months down the line or close to getting back together. I don't think they'll last personally but I agree the writing needs to improve drastically from all sides. 

• Love 4

Will/Paul/Sonny suffers from the same problem a lot of the SLs do.  The writers rush certain parts of the SL, and then drag others out.  I want Will to get his memory back, but not go running back to Sonny.

• Love 5

Catching the Will and Sonny scenes today just...I can't take it, I just cannot with them. I was reminded of their supposed "romance" from way back when and just thinking about all the uncomfortable, imho, scenes lacking any real form of intimate closeness or true love. No, I am not at all on board for round what, three or four of that dribble.

I will admit, personally, I am sick and tired of watching Chandler and Freddie and their consistent hangups playing gay characters. It's like their cringe oozes through the screen most of the time. The way they hardly show any skin in love making scenes, or never actually film a real tussle in the sheets.

If they aren't comfortable with intimacy between two men then why have agreed to play the roles they do? I have tried to overlook it and forgive it but I am just plain fed up with it at this point and I would be more than glad if they put Will and Sonny back together so they can play old, boring, useless prudes who keep the lights on and their shirts during sex and let the others actually have freedom of genuine expression.

I think back to Guy and Christopher and how open and sexy they were; no fear, no panic, just full on and realistic. I would honestly love to see Guy recast somehow and have Chris, Paul, free from both Will and Sonny for good and he and Guy's new character could rekindle their magic on screen. That for me would be just wonderful and make up for all the other bs going on.

I still don't know what to make of Greg, Leo, here. I just don't care about the character's motives, especially since he's been paired with Sonny who I can't stand on a good day, plus the hair is...a choice.

Maybe I might get on board with Leo if I saw him outside of the terrible story-line he's currently apart of. Maybe if Leo and Paul were a thing I could get behind it, obviously Greg isn't one to push a sexy man away. I just think any potential that might be there is, as usual thanks to Ron, being wasted.

The one and only good thing about today's episode, I thought, was Chad pummeling that disgusting wretch Stefan. I wanted him to just keep going and going like an ass kicking energizer bunny.

I am not sure if Tyler knew what Ron had planned for the character, but if he was totally on board with Stefan turning out to be an inhuman monster, hopefully this means a gratefully short shelf life for Stefan and sooner than later he'll kick rocks for good straight out of town.

• Love 6

- I’m stunned it took 2/3rds of the way through the episode before Chad got busy with the beating.  And what was Stephan expecting?   Chad would just go quietly?  

- I certainly think it’s possible Abigail killed Andre but I don’t like it. 

- Stephan raped Abigail. Full stop.  That needs to be clear and no redemption for him.  

- Viv, Kate, & Marlena scenes were the best use of Viv to date IMO.  

• Love 9

Sonny was back to being likeable again and I appreciate how mature he was in dealing with Will and Will's talking about Paul--he is no longer being bitter which was unpleasant to watch and I hope this continues when Sonny and Paul have a scene together.  And I liked watching them co-parent Ari and I hope we get to see more of that too :)  The actor playing Leo really shows his age when he's in scenes with actual twentysomething's Sonny and Will :)

I like that Gabi stood up for herself against her fellow inmates and Diane has Ciara levels of delusion--it's Gabi's fault that her boyfriend Lou Raines kidnapped her and held her hostage?  Okay then :)  Gabi's beatdown was one of the worst choreographed fights I have ever seen in my life and man did that blood look fake.  That being said, if this gets Gabi out of genpop and languishing in a hospital, then I'm fine with it.

I think Marlena's talking about Abby's mental illness with Viv and Kate and because Abs attacked both of them and helped kidnap them--they need to know what is going on :)

• Love 11

Maybe if they get Tyler out of this storyline and start letting him interact with other characters, he'll begin to show more energy. This is just not working for him. lol

• Love 8
20 minutes ago, Sidney said:

Maybe if they get Tyler out of this storyline and start letting him interact with other characters, he'll begin to show more energy. This is just not working for him. lol

He seemed to like working with Steve and Kayla.  

I did not remember Raines at all. 

Why didn’t Stephan fight back ?   

Edited by tribeca
  • Love 3
27 minutes ago, tribeca said:

He seemed to like working with Steve and Kayla.  

I did not remember Raines at all. 

Why didn’t Stephan fight back ?   

i came here to post the same thing. why didn't he fight back? that was crazy. and i can't stand to look at his body. it's weird. in certain positions it looks like he has man boobs and he's all wrinkly . add that to being a rapist who has a screw loose ("loving" an alter!) he disgusts me. 

• Love 8

Did Chad ever once ask why Abby was wearing a wig? If so, I missed it. That was a very bloody Days between Stefan & Gabbi. I recognized the inmate who beat her though. That was Cassandra Creech from ATWT. I like the Marlena & Kate “friendship”. It seems like Marlena is the only one who can keep Kate “honest”. I guess Kate respects her but I’ve never understood why only her. LOL!!!!

• Love 4
18 minutes ago, ByaNose said:

Did Chad ever once ask why Abby was wearing a wig? If so, I missed it. That was a very bloody Days between Stefan & Gabbi. I recognized the inmate who beat her though. That was Cassandra Creech from ATWT. I like the Marlena & Kate “friendship”. It seems like Marlena is the only one who can keep Kate “honest”. I guess Kate respects her but I’ve never understood why only her. LOL!!!!

That actually harkens back to their history, since they have been friends since they were really young.  I think for Kate, Marlena represents a time in their lives when things were a lot less complicated.  For Marlena, despite how "bad" Kate can be, I think Marlena always has a soft spot and remembers who Kate was before Curtis and Bill took advantage of her.

• Love 4

So,  I missed most of the show today due to breaking news coverage of the capture and arrest of the Waffle House gunman. I can't make myself call him the Waffle House Killer. 

So, Chad beat Stefan, and he didn't fight back? I saw spoiler pics of Stefan beaten senseless, and thought, yeah, Chad's not really all that buff, so, how's all that going to play out. 

So, have we ever really seen Abby strike and kill Andre in these flashbacks? I'm beginning to wonder if she just thinks she killed him. I mean, what are they going to do with her character if she killed someone? Unless it was self defense, then I can see them brushing aside her homicidal tendencies. 

This shit is so bad, right now, and it didn't have to be. In theory, it could've been compelling. They have the actors to pull it off, just not the writer.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, ByaNose said:

It's been quite a while since Cassandra Creech was on ATWT--think she played Denise, the mother of Andy's baby.  Recognized her voice first.   She looks fabulous--must have been a baby when she was on ATWT (God, I miss that show.)

• Love 2

The show is so bad right now. I'm on Team Abby Gets To Cut Off Stefan's Balls. Ugh, just ugh. It's RAPE. Plain and simple and there is nothing entertaining or "romantic" or root-worthy about it. I hate this crap so much.

WilSon -- Yawn, yawn, yawn. Will's like "since I've gotten to know you". Um, when was that exactly? Off-screen? In the two seconds you've talked to him since returning? But I see the writing on the wall. Paul will fall in love with Will and Will is just like "Great fuck, now I'm off, back to my hubby". I'd also like to start Team Give Paul A Man Who Actually Loves Him.

It's been quite a while since Cassandra Creech was on ATWT--think she played Denise, the mother of Andy's baby.  Recognized her voice first.   She looks fabulous--must have been a baby when she was on ATWT (God, I miss that show.)

Ah, Denise of ATWT. I didn't recognize her but my mind will never be able to block out the truly awful baby swap storyline with her and Lily. Where Lily's white daughter suddenly turned bi-racial overnight and no one noticed. *Headdesk*

Edited by Garnett7
  • Love 4

Today's ep had a few minutes' interruption because of the Toronto incident.

How odd that Stefan just took Chad's fists and didn't fight back. Is he hoping to file charges for uprovoked assault?

I enjoyed the chatter between Marlena, Kate, and Vivian - and that they were getting hungry! Marlena is missing a few pieces of the Abigail story and Kate and Viv had reasons to help out.

Did not like Leo bringing Sonny a file late in the evening. Email it to him. It would be a very very rare occasion for me to figure out where my boss lives and drop off stuff for her at home. Just not done unless it is asked.

The jail girls are just as nasty. Nope, whether Raines was arrested or not, it was just an excuse to beat another inmate. There should be security cameras at the prison and the 'bought' guard should be fired and the women facing charges. Yeah, that is stereotypical prison life.

Paul deserves better than Will - who will eventually go back to Sonny and have a boring life. If Paul and Will keep things casual; fine. However, Paul does know about the memory loss and that there is a chance that Will will recover his memories and go back to his previous life. Granted, I would stick with the divorce and find someone else besides Sonny and Paul.

• Love 3

Today's Will and Sonny scenes were clearly done to establish the other side of the triangle. I find it odd people are already discounting Will and/or Paul and their "relationship" that hasn't really begun yet. I think were due for a Will/Paul conversation talking about their couple status after today. I don't think Will is going to run back to Sonny once he regains his memories; I think he'll go back to Sonny and still be drawn to Paul. I don't think Will is ever going to be "OldWill" again he'll be shaped by both loves and experiences. I don't see WilSon being a permanent pairing. I also think today was done as a homage to the couple, keep in mind these scenes were filmed October of last year, back when "Is Will Alive" was airing. I think they were blindsided by Will and Paul, hence the NBC tweet in December when they gauged the fans on who they wanted as their "endgame couple". I think they wanted to see the response the all the pairings and if the whole Paul thing would pan out for them in future. We won't even see scenes filmed in December until June. I wouldn't count Will and Paul out yet, this reunion is coming; it's been on the wall for a while. I'm here for the angst and the triangle drama and hope/believe Will will realize that Sonny is trash and stay with Paul. Based on BTS it seems like Will is still with Paul, but they could have already broke up and got back together.

Also, they need to recast Arianna. Like yesterday. 

• Love 5

Hit him again, Chad.

And again.  

Take a swing at Rafe, too, just because.

They used a whole lot of red dye #1 mixed with corn syrup today, didn't they?  Stefan never looked better.

ETA - I liked Sonny today.  He reminded me of why I liked him so much when Sonny first showed up.  While I appreciate Will's importance and I'm glad he's back in the land of the living, I always thought Sonny was too good for him.  Lots have happened since then, and very little of that has been in Sonny's favor, so I'd rather he and Will not reunite, especially if Sonny is going to become the good guy he once was.  Let Paul be the one to suffer with Will.

Edited by boes
  • Love 10
1 hour ago, boes said:

Hit him again, Chad.

And again.  

Take a swing at Rafe, too, just because.

They used a whole lot of red dye #1 mixed with corn syrup today, didn't they?  Stefan never looked better.

ETA - I liked Sonny today.  He reminded me of why I liked him so much when Sonny first showed up.  While I appreciate Will's importance and I'm glad he's back in the land of the living, I always thought Sonny was too good for him.  Lots have happened since then, and very little of that has been in Sonny's favor, so I'd rather he and Will not reunite, especially if Sonny is going to become the good guy he once was.  Let Paul be the one to suffer with Will.

See, I always thought the opposite; that Will could do better than Sonny. I'm not saying Will is a "good guy" type character like Sonny and that's why he deserves better. No, Will is deeply flawed, impulsive with good intentions. He makes mistakes, makes the same ones again and eventually learns and tries to be better. I always thought Will was too interesting to be paired off with good guy Sonny. Will drives storylines because of these traits, and they make sense based on his upbringing which we watched over the years and his genetics. When they tried to put Sonny into that role with Paul last year it was a major failure. One, because they lost the characterization that Sonny was introduced with by trying to make him Victor Jr. (which makes zero sense). And two, Sonny alone is not interesting enough to drive things. I think Sonny benefits majorly in his pairing with Will, more so than Will does with him. Hence, why I always wanted Will paired with a morally grey character who could give as good as he received. Sonny benefits too much from Will's relationships and mistakes. Which is why Freddie was so excited that Will was returning, since it meant he would be placed back on the front burner in a current SL, rather than silly ones and tagging along with the main characters in other stories like he and Paul did last year.

I also hope they do not reunite. I think Will and Paul are great, although I wish they'd give Paul his edge back. The chemistry with WilSon never rises above nostalgia for me and that's not enough to keep me interested. I think TPTB are reevaluating this whole dynamic since by pairing Will with Paul we were able to see real chemistry and people are enjoying Will in a mature relationship. Personally, I think by the Fall we may see things shift to Will and Paul's favour (if it hasn't already) since the reaction has been as supportive as it's been. I, for one hope they realize WilSon is the past and Horita is the future.

• Love 4
5 hours ago, betweenthelines said:

See, I always thought the opposite; that Will could do better than Sonny. I'm not saying Will is a "good guy" type character like Sonny and that's why he deserves better. No, Will is deeply flawed, impulsive with good intentions. He makes mistakes, makes the same ones again and eventually learns and tries to be better. I always thought Will was too interesting to be paired off with good guy Sonny. Will drives storylines because of these traits, and they make sense based on his upbringing which we watched over the years and his genetics. When they tried to put Sonny into that role with Paul last year it was a major failure. One, because they lost the characterization that Sonny was introduced with by trying to make him Victor Jr. (which makes zero sense). And two, Sonny alone is not interesting enough to drive things. I think Sonny benefits majorly in his pairing with Will, more so than Will does with him. Hence, why I always wanted Will paired with a morally grey character who could give as good as he received. Sonny benefits too much from Will's relationships and mistakes. Which is why Freddie was so excited that Will was returning, since it meant he would be placed back on the front burner in a current SL, rather than silly ones and tagging along with the main characters in other stories like he and Paul did last year.

I also hope they do not reunite. I think Will and Paul are great, although I wish they'd give Paul his edge back. The chemistry with WilSon never rises above nostalgia for me and that's not enough to keep me interested. I think TPTB are reevaluating this whole dynamic since by pairing Will with Paul we were able to see real chemistry and people are enjoying Will in a mature relationship. Personally, I think by the Fall we may see things shift to Will and Paul's favour (if it hasn't already) since the reaction has been as supportive as it's been. I, for one hope they realize WilSon is the past and Horita is the future.

To be fair, Will was never supposed to be like his parents. He was supposed to be the opposite.  I really hated that the show always tried to make him like his parents.  He was always more like Lucas than Sami.  My favorite  Will, was mophead Will who was his own character and not a Sami clone.  Sami also inherited her penchant for trouble, from her aunt Kim. Kim was a heroine who actually drove stories.  These days the show depends on villains to drive story and that has hurt the genre.  

I liked the Wilson scenes and I hope that we get more. I don't have a problem with them, being a slow burn. It took years, for Kim and Shane, to get together. They got the worst writing out of all of the supercouples. Shayla still burns me up, after all of these years.  I would not count Wilson out, jut yet.. The show no longer listens to the fans, just because the Horita fans are more vocal, does not mean that the Wilson fans have faded into the wind.. Their fans are still here..

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 6

Except for his coming out storyline, I don't remember many storylines were driven/led by Will.

Will blackmail EJ and the EJ turns things around and tells him what to do.

Arianna. Chad was the one that outed that Nick was not the father, not Will. Nick pushes Will to give up claims to his daughter, and it ends up with the battle between Nick vs Sami. Sonny gets to be the one that delivers Arianna.

Will was mostly a supporting character, the same as Sonny who basically a nice if sulk guy. The difference was the we saw for the most part Will growing up on screen.

Will and Paul are getting about as much storyline right noe as Sonny and Paul did. There is no conflicts in either relationships.

Edited by nilyank
  • Love 4

I remembered why I liked WilSon today. Thank you, Ron. Finally a moment where I didn't want to strangle Sonny. Lovely scenes with the boys today. Still don't want a WilSon reunion but I know that's where we're headed.
I really want Will to get his memories back and be like, "wow...okay, no. There were SO many things wrong with us and we can't just pretend they didn't happen. Therapy (not Marlena) and friendship and co-parenting...maybe see where that leads...but we're not pretending everything was sunshine and kooshballs."

I'm still Team Horita but with Will's memory return...that'll be self reflection, too. Rightly so.

12 minutes ago, nilyank said:

Arianna. Chad was the one that outed that Nick was the father, not Will. Nick pushes Will to give up claims to his daughter, and it ends up with the battle between Nick vs Sami. Sonny gets to be the one that delivers Arianna.

Not really. That's a bit twisted. Chad knew that Nick wasn't Ari's father b/c he overheard Gabi w/her doctor (Cameron)...but he didn't out Will as the father b/c he didn't know. When Chad interrupted the wedding to say Nick wasn't the father, Will stepped forward and outted himself. Chad was already out of the room and didn't know until MUCH later when Abby blasted him about outting his friend. He was gobsmacked that it was Will. So yes, Chad was the asshole who interrupted the wedding but Will didn't have to confess paternity. that was his decision.

Is your point that Will wasn't a main character with stories? I'm not understanding you. 

Will didn't get to deliver Ari b/c he was SHOT while trying to rescue Nick (after he and Sonny rescued Gabi). 

His battles with Nick did include others but he was certainly at the center of them. 

• Love 2

What I was shouting during the entire Chad/Stefan scene:

giphy.gif

During this entire pivotal, high emotional payoff reveal Tyler is sitting there like he is waiting for his Tall, Non-Fat Latte With Caramel Drizzle at Starbucks. WTF is wrong with this guy?

Stefan is truly  irredeemable to me. I would find this slightly more believable but no less offensive if he was doing all this just to jack with Chad, but no he is in wub with Gabby. 

I was right along with Chad with wanting to vomit at the sight of those 2 in bed. Usually Chad's stuttering gets on my nerves, but it at least worked in that scene.

Where the hell is Jennifer? I know she is on a sweet love hangover with Eric but jeez show, feels like she should have been folded into this story by now. It was weird that she seemed to go back to business as usual after Abby's MRI came back normal knowing that psychology issues (which Abby has had in the not so distant past) don't show up in those kind of tests. I thought it was stupid for Chad not to share with her that Abby lied about spending the night with her. 

As usual, the best part of the show were the Marlena, Kate and Viv in the secret room. They are gonna be there a while since crazy is on the run and Stefan in the hospital, presumably unconscious. 

LOL! at Gabby on the run. She flees the house in a rush but takes the time to dress in her best cheap floozy wear. Priorities!

I wasn't expecting the Raines g/f twist. Heard Sheila (T-Boz) was set for an appearance and thought she was going to be the one to beat down Gabi.

Edited by islandgal140
  • Love 11

It does not make sense to me that Belle and Shawn don’t keep in touch with their daughter.   They seem like they would be adoring parents.  

Claires lies are going to catch up to her soon and then she will really be alone.  That will make Ciara happy.  I have such a soft spot for characters who are alone.  Being alone sucks.   So not looking forward to Ciara (who i don’t understand her hatred) victory.   

Tripp is really too good for this storyline.   

Gabby/Abby is pretty dumb to go to the hospital.   I hope JJ finds her.   

Since the show was interrupted no idea what happened to Gabi.   Hopefully she is getting medical attention.  

• Love 5
28 minutes ago, tribeca said:

It does not make sense to me that Belle and Shawn don’t keep in touch with their daughter.   They seem like they would be adoring parents.  

Claires lies are going to catch up to her soon and then she will really be alone.  That will make Ciara happy.  I have such a soft spot for characters who are alone.  Being alone sucks.   So not looking forward to Ciara (who i don’t understand her hatred) victory.   

Tripp is really too good for this storyline.   

I am so with you on this.  I know the writers expect us to be upset that poor Ciara's victory was ripped from her grasp especially because Claire is such a super meanie, but it's not working.  Having Claire smile vindictively at the idea of winning with just one more vote does not make me like Ciara and cheer for her romance with Tripp.  Ciara is still an unlikeable one note petulant shrew and making Claire a villain does not change that.  I do question Tripp's taste level though.  He honestly thinks Ciara's awesome?

I liked how horrified Chad was at the realization that Stefan raped Abby--very well played by BF.

• Love 7

While I guess I get why Chad et. al are floating the idea that Stefan O. brainwashed Abigail (except not really, just because he's Stefano's son doesn't mean he knows how to brainwash people!), I'm also concerned that it's being floated so later, people can be like, "Oh, you didn't brainwash her, she was mentally ill, our bad, Stef, we're cool now."  Which, you know, not quite.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 9
7 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:

I liked the Wilson scenes and I hope that we get more. I don't have a problem with them, being a slow burn. It took years, for Kim and Shane, to get together. They got the worst writing out of all of the supercouples. Shayla still burns me up, after all of these years.  I would not count Wilson out, jut yet.. The show no longer listens to the fans, just because the Horita fans are more vocal, does not mean that the Wilson fans have faded into the wind.. Their fans are still here..

I don't have a problem with Will and Sonny. I was pleasantly surprised by their scene yesterday. My issue is Sonny, who although was in character yesterday and very similar to the Sonny that was introduced back in 2011 as Will's love interest, I fear he'll just go back to his old self tomorrow ranting and raging and being irrational. I also didn't like how Will was starting to once again throw himself at the altar of almighty Sonny and apologizing and feeling bad for talking about how he feels. I get things are complicated, but in order to get me onboard to like this couple again I need Will to retain some of his NuWill traits, such as being more assertive especially with Sonny. 

I understand why the show would want them together. Aside from Chad and Abby, no other pairing has been a bigger hit in that generation than Will and Sonny. If anything W/S were first and were well on their way to becoming the next great super couple on the show. With their history and this new return from the dead with amnesia twist, I don't think anyone could argue them not being a super couple if the writing goes there with them again. I get why the show would want to continue that. W/S/C/A are all from the same generation and all were involved in stories on the show when they were teens; all have history together and with their respective pairings. They should 100%  all be driving storylines at this point in the show since all their parents, aside from Jennifer who I think shouldn't even be on the show anymore are either gone or reoccurring. I won't be against WilSon if it happens right. It needs to be a slow burn with Will with Paul for a while, he needs to develop and discover himself as a gay man. I wouldn't even be against him breaking up with Paul and being with someone else either. If they have them start as friends who secretly want each other, get back together, break up because Will misses Paul, have Will hold Sonny accountable for him being horrible to him during the ONS era and abandoning both him and Arianna multiple times than I could accept it. It just depends on the writing, but I'm down for Will with happiness. Although, I prefer Paul; I want Will happy no matter who it's with. 

• Love 2

So are the "justice for Abby" crazies ok.. Chad called it rape.  Chad, however, clearly doesn't believe Abigail has the ability to kill someone even when she's in her alter state.  He's in for quite the shock whenever it comes out.  It still ticks me off that MM and TC have chemistry and they had to make him a rapist in order for this story to work.  Because when the storyline started Stefan actually wanted save Abigail from alters but fell for the darkness.  Now it makes Stefan and Abby so hard to root for them now even if Abby's marbles are back in order and fall for him organically.

• Love 4
On 4/22/2018 at 6:37 PM, nilyank said:

That would’ve been the better story.  Paul probably would’ve been able to show some personality then.

• Love 4

Smart, Wyatt, to leave your unlocked phone in the washroom.  The jig will be up. I hope that both Claire and Ciara lose and that the third person with the highest vote gets it. Both Claire and Ciara should be disqualified.

Ciara, are you that desperate for attention that you will re-give the time of day to a dude who was paid to spend time with you in the first place?

Claire, not even your Aunt Julie was thrilled for you that you won.

Felt badly for Chad. He maybe should have eased up on the fists a bit. Gabigail, Uncle Steve being blind means he probably is getting some increased ability with his other senses. Chances are he smelled your perfume in the park and in the hospital. Of course you go to visit your beloved Stefan. Chad, your wife set Ben Weston on fire. Surely her alter can easily kill someone.

The pieces are starting to come together but no connection so far to Abigail having DID. Once the missing women are found the story should make sense.

• Love 4

Ciara and Claire are both equally horrible.  Tripp could do better.

It was weird that Claire called Julie "Grandma" instead of "Aunt Julie". But they're both two horrible people, so I can see why they would bond.

I love how 911 knows the address of "The DiMera Mansion" without having to ask for it.

Steve just grabs random women without knowing that they're relatives?

Oh, jeez, JJ is going to have to deliver Lani's baby, isn't he?

Yeah, I knew Wyatt was going to be involved in rigging the contest.

Just because Jennifer is out of town doesn't mean she can't answer her phone.

"Do you know any next of kin besides Chad?"  Uh, Theo?

3 minutes ago, Frozendiva said:

Smart, Wyatt, to leave your unlocked phone in the washroom.  The jig will be up.

Not if Tripp keeps it secret to protect Ciara.

• Love 4

well, since Julie is Doug's wife she is Claire's step-great-grandma. I don't know what Ciara and Shawn called her growing up, or what they call her now, Aunt Julie or Grandma

• Love 2
36 minutes ago, annabel said:

well, since Julie is Doug's wife she is Claire's step-great-grandma. I don't know what Ciara and Shawn called her growing up, or what they call her now, Aunt Julie or Grandma

I don't recall Shawn specifically calling her grandma early on, but I know Ciara only ever called her Grandma Julie. 

• Love 2