Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

(edited)

I never understood why she always used to treat Will like garbage given her own sordid background...Victor hated her and did his best to undermine her marriage to Justin.He even gave Justin pills that rendered him sterile, so that Adrienne would not be able to have his child. Victor once said that Sonny was everything that a Kiriakis should be...The irony of it all..

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 1
(edited)

6/26/2015 Recap :)

Nicole/Eric/Brady/Maxine/Abe/Theresa/Anne/Maggie/Tate

We start with Eric in Nicole's hospital room and Nicole flashing back to them kissing. Eric is about to speak about what happened when Brady enters the room. Brady says that Eric should be in bed and what was Eric talking about what happened between them. Nicole says she'll tell him since everyone is going to find out anyone. Nicole talks about Brady's cousin Xander trying to kill her and Brady says he was there which Nicole forgot that he was until Brady reminded her. Brady says Dan was the one who found out she was missing. Eric doesn't want to keep Brady, since Brady is going to take Tate home. Brady says if they're okay why do they look upset.

Nicole says the man that tried to kill him is still on the loose. Maxine enters the room and tells Eric to get to his room or she'll carry him there. Eric and Maxine leave the room. Eric enters his room and Maxine tells him Kayla wants to discharge him soon and that Marlena brought him a new cell phone which is on the night stand. Eric gets a phone call and it's Serena who's callilng from Roman's phone and wants to talk to Eric and tells him that as long as Xander is out his life is in danger.

Nicole calls herself stupid and talks about Xander and Brady says she's safe at the hospital with security and Nicole asks about Daniel getting protection. Brady says Dan was worried about her and glad that her and Dan found each other and Nicole says she loves him and Brady has to go and sign discharge papers. Nicole says she has a gift for Tate and Abe knocks on the door and enters and Brady leaves. Abe has some points to talk about her statement but Nicole wants to talk to Dan first.

Theresa and Anne enter the hospital and Anne notices that it's busy and walks off to see what's going on, Theresa runs into Maggie. Theresa knows Maggie isn't happy about her moving in and Maggie says they opened her home to her. Theresa says she can only imagine what Vic is saying and Maggie says Vic doesn't know yet because she can't reach him. Brady comes with Tate in his arms and hands Tate to Theresa. Anne returns and tells Theresa that Eric and Nicole almost died which Brady confirms and Theresa is shocked about Eric.

Eric says Xander is going to be behind bars and can't believe Serena is trying to protect him. Serena says she's trying to protect Eric and doesn't care what she's charged with.

Abe says he'll make it quick and fast and questions her about her statement and wonders if she left anything out or what her and Eric did to stay alive which Nicole flashes back to the kiss. Nicole says there is something she left out. Nicole is about to say something when Maxine enters with a note from Dan who will be in her room to see her in a few minutes. Nicole says she might have heard Xander talking to someone, a woman but she's not sure because of the heat. Abe leaves. Nicole says if she had explained things to Dan he would understand and she can't lie to him about the kiss.

Eric ends his conversation with Serena and gets out of bed and goes through his things when Theresa enters his room. She gives him a hug and thanks him for believing in her and there's a knock and it's Brady who says she needs to sign discharge papers. Theresa and Brady leave.

Nicole looks at the note and there's a knock and she thinks it's Dan but it's Eric who is dressed and wants to talk about the kiss.

Kate/Will/Chad

Kate and Will are in the Square and Kate says leave it to Nicole to almost get an ex-priest killed and should make for an interesting article. Will says he's not writing about his family anymore. Kate talks about a publisher and Will asks Kate if she can get the publisher to write an article on Dr. Myers and Kate says she can if that's what Will wants and Will has a smile on his face. Will says he'll do whatever it take to save his marriage. Kate applauds his intention but Kate doesn't like that Will is bribing the therapist. Will says he's not bribing and Kate says the therapist doesn't need extra motivation and Will wants the therapist to think that he's a good guy. Will says that Sonny wants to work on his concerns. Kate says that Will told the therapist what he wanted the therapist to hear. Will says that they want to talk about the past and Kate says Sonny is a smart man and better be careful or it will backfire.

Kate thinks it's a mistake and Will says he'll steer the therapy in the right direction. Will says Paul was trying to screwing everything up. Kate says that Paul might accept the endorsement deal and how Paul is going to get good press and donating his whole salary to charity. Will says that Paul is no saint. Kate has to go and Will asks can Kate help him by sending Paul to another division in another city and publishing the article and Kate says she'll do her best. Will walks off with Kate not looking too happy.

Kate walks out of a store and runs into Chad and they talk about Stefano. Kate wonders why Stefano is back in town now. Kate says he could have done it a long time ago. Chad says Stefano wants to spend more time with him which Kate doesn't believe it and hopes that Chad doesn't get influenced by Stefano. Chad says he's not worried and Kate says he should be on the timing on his return and he can screw up Chad's life and Kate walks off. Chad flashes back to Stefano being upset about reaming out Abby.

Sonny/Chad

Sonny and Chad are going through finances in a booth at TBD and Sonny said with the money he lost he won't be able to pay Chad back. Chad tells Sonny to not worry about it and Chad tells Sonny that Stefano is back in town. They talk about Chad and Chad says that Stefano hates the idea of them working together and to never trust Stefano. Sonny says they can survive Stefano being back in town. Sonny asks if Chad is happy Stefano is back which Chad hasn't figured out. Chad says he wants Will to know that they'll get the article posted and Sonny says what article. Chad tells him about the article for the therapist and Sonny asks if it's for a Dr. Myers and Chad says he thinks that's the name. Sonny asks when did Zoe talk about the article and Chad says last week. Sonny says he'll tell him and Chad leaves. Sonny asks Cory (co-worker) to cover for him as he'll be gone for a while and leaves.

Theresa/Anne

Anne is sitting on the couch at Theresa's flipping through a magazine when Theresa shows Anne a rattle for Tate. Theresa is ready for Tate and can't wait to move into the mansion. Theresa gets a phone call and it's Kim (off screen) who's upset with Theresa. Brady told Kayla and Kayla told Kim about Theresa moving into the mansion. Theresa says she wants what's best for Tate and how Vic is related to Tate. Theresa ends her phone call with Kim and says she should be nicer to Kim. Theresa is happy Mel is away to not distract Brady. Theresa says they should go to the hospital and Anne hopes Theresa will pick up the work she's been slacking off on and Theresa says no because she's going to pick up Tate and they leave.

Serena/Abe/Roman/Xander

Serena says she's not speaking without a lawyer and Abe says he's good at reading people and knows that Serena cares about Eric. Abe knows that Serena can help find Xander but Serena says she doesn't know where he is. Roman enters the room and Abe hopes Serena would help but she's not offering anything. Abe explains about the smuggling and Abe wants to help but Serena wants an attorney. Roman says that her lawyer would tell her not to say anything and they want to help and Serena flashes back to explaining Xander to Eric. Abe says they're not getting anywhere and leaves and Roman says Serena's lawyer will be there. Serena tells them she loves Eric and did everything she could to prevent him from getting hurt. Abe says her feelings are immaterial and that they'll build a case against her and Xander for attempted murder.

Roman asks if Serena can tell him anything which Serena can't think of anything. Roman gets a phone call and has to go and tells Serena to stay put. Roman leaves and Serena takes Roman's cell phone from Roman's desk. After conversation with Eric, Roman enters and Serena says she would help Abe if she could and doesn't care what kind of trouble she's in. Looks like some time has passed and Roman re-enters his office and tells the guy to come in and it's Xander.

Victor/Xander

Instead of the henchman slitting Xander's throat, when Vic says allow him. Vic says for once Xander's word will mean something about giving up his life for him and starts to slowly cut and a trickle of blood comes from Xander's throat. Victor cuts a little and then moves the knife to Xander's chest but doesn't kill him and hands the knife to one of his henchman. The henchman unties Xander with the knife and Vic tells Xander that Xander's father asked Vic for help but didn't and he died. Vic says he can give Xander one last chance because he's family and perhaps will replace him. Xander goes to thank Vic but Vic says he shouldn't thank him because Xander's fate hasn't been decided yet. Vic calls him stupid cause cops are looking into him killing Eric and Nicole. Vic strips Xander of all his job titles and he'll probably be a servant in Vic's house. He tells Xander to get up and Vic says he's shown his limits to affection.

Vic says he won't lift a finger to help him in his legal matters. Serena's testimony, but probably nobody will believe Nicole but there's Eric. Vic says Xander will find himself in another prison cell and nobody will come to his rescue and he'll be there for a long time. Xander says there are no charges that will stick, Vic says if Xander tries to hide from him he'll die a slow and painful death and tells him to go. Xander leaves.

Sonny/Will

Will is at home on his laptop when Sonny arrives home. Will thought that Sonny was working and Sonny says he wants to talk about their marriage and the article on Dr. Myers. Will is about to deny but Sonny interrupts and don't wanna start off with a lie. He talks about honesty hour and will ask the first question. Sonny says it's a conflict of interest and asks about Dr. Myers.

Theresa/Tate/Maggie/Brady/Victor

They all arrive at Vic's as Brady and Maggie go to check on something. Theresa puts Tate in his bassinet and Theresa says she's not going anywhere when Vic arrive and asks what the hell she's doing in his house. (Last scene of the day)

Glad Sonny figured it out before it dragged on too long. Sneasel is such a fucking idiot and he was about to lie to Sonny again. Sonny please divorce his raggedy ass it would serve him right. Sneasel must think that he's married to a moron or something. He keeps trying to manipulate things to go in his benefit and basically trying to make Sonny out to be the wrong one and him be some victim. Sonny really needs to punch him right in the eye.

Seriously Sneasel, when you have someone like Kate, Queen of Underhanded Tactics tell you that your plan is going to backfire. You might wanna rethink your plans and drop them. 

Brady is stupid for not telling Vic about Theresa moving in since it was his idea. Just goes to show how those brain cells just continue to fail in Brady's brain. When is Brady going to pay his brain bill, it's about 6 years past due. Collections is waiting.

Oh Anne, Vic would not have you in his house, even as a guest, but it would be nice to see Anne in another set besides the hospital, park, or Theresa's house. Wonder how Anne and Vic would interact with each other, hell he might even dump Maggie for Anne.

Eeyore Eric, had to get all dressed up to go to Nicole's room to talk about the kiss. Oy.

If I understand these misogynistic writers I bet Shrewena gets the bad end of the stick while Xander will probably get a slap on the wrist. Are they really trying to attack possible attempted murder on Serena? Nicole saying she heard a female's voice but not sure they may think it was Shrewena instead of Feliz Navidad.

We can't go one damn episode without talking about Dark Roast. SMDH.

Edited by ShadowSixx
  • Love 7

1. Will, if Kate is saying "DO NOT DO THIS," then you for damn sure listen- she knows scheming

2. Is it me or is Will way too smug for someone who is supposed to be acting out of desperation and low self-esteem. He was freaking smirking about tricking Sonny and getting rid of Paul

3. Xander lives!

4. Are we supposed to pretend Chad didn't sabotage Sonny or nah? I'm willing to pretend it didn't happen, I just need the show to tell me one way or the other because I love them as besties.

• Love 4
Brady is stupid for not telling Vic about Theresa moving in since it was his idea. Just goes to show how those brain cells just continue to fail in Brady's brain. When is Brady going to pay his brain bill, it's about 6 years past due. Collections is waiting.

ShadowSixx, thanks again for writing these recaps, and thanks even more for your post-recap comments.

Brady's past-due brain bill - brilliant!  

Of course, I spit out a bit of diet coke reading that, but what the hell, the keyboard has seen worse.

• Love 4

My avatar would be my kitty katkins if the powers that be let me because it's too large. She's living in her downstairs apartment over the fridge for the summer.

That sounds cool (both literally and figuratively!). I still haven’t figured out how to do my avatar yet, but hope to do so soon. Getting back to Days, I miss the good ol’ days when the bad guys were just that, not “awesome” anti-heroes (see Sonny Corinthos, GH) and the good guys were genuinely good, not moralistic, self-righteous hypocrites (hear that, Jennifer?). Don’t get me wrong, my favourite characters wear grey hats, but are NEVER hypocritical, nor do they have the whole fictional town lining up behind them to praise them no matter what (paging Dr. Tan!).

• Love 3

Let me guess how this will go down. Option #1 - Nicole and Dan will get engaged. She will keep her kiss from Eric a secret for months. Some third party will find out about the kiss and Nicole will engage in numerous schemes to keep them quiet. On or near the wedding day, Dan will find out about the kiss and all of Nicole's schemes and will dump her. 

Option #2 - Eric and Nicole will suddenly decide they want to get back together but will agree to stay apart because Nicole doesn't want to hurt Dan. Eric and Nicole will eventually have sex, probably during a natural disaster or other Event That Will Change Everything. They will agree to keep quiet but some third party will find out and Nicole will engage in numerous schemes to keep them quiet. On or near the wedding day, Dan will find out about the kiss, the sex, and all of Nicole's schemes and will dump her.

Kate, please just murder Sparkle. Just do it. You know you want to. You haven't poisoned anyone in a long time. 

We can't go one damn episode without talking about Dark Roast. SMDH.

Or Abifail. 

• Love 5
(edited)

I think Nicole and Eric had sex and we were not shown it..I think Dena might give Nicole her miracle baby..Nicholas Roman Brady might become a reality. Dena loves to write for Nicole...I would  not be surprised that we are shown that Ericole did more than just kiss and declarations of love before they passed out, when the new regime debuts in late August...At this point, I will welcome Dannifer, if it means that  it  will get Nicole away from that sleazy doctor.

I can't say it enough. Xander is a keeper, he has the makings of being a great villain for the younger set..He should be the heir to Victor's throne..Paul Telfer is a great actor and I like that he gives Xander a vulnerability, so he is not too evil...I want him to come back under the new regime. We need a Kiriakis badass and Xander is it for me....Sonny is too saintly and his older brothers are not significant enough to merit appearances on this show..Brady is an idiot and Philip is MIA.. Long live Xander Cook!

Why is Maggie so damn smug, even when she was being gracious and nice to Theresa, I found her to be haughty and disingenuous. I wish that somebody could take a picture of Victor being his true self, and send it to her, just so that she can fall from that lofty perch of hers that she looks down on the good people of Salem. I find her to be as loathsome as her egg baby...The asshole was mercifully off screen today and he still got a mention..Bollocks!

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 4
(edited)

I wonder if the new phone Marlena got for Eric already has all of his numbers programmed in it, or if he just recognized Roman's number.

Why is Theresa wearing a 1960s era beehive hair style?

Edited by Rick Kitchen
  • Love 2

I think they're being stupid about this kiss.  They thought they were dying.  They didn't fuck, they just kissed. If Dan dumps her over that then GOOD. She deserves better.  And I used to be a fan of the couple.

• Love 13

See what happens when you become a Sneasel Will?  All of the people who used to fight your battles for you have left the building, except for Kate.  Kate clearly thinks you are an idiot and your plan is dumb, but you are her idiot grandson so she will help you out against her much better judgement.  Put me down for wanting to see Kate poison Sparkle if for no other reason so maybe it will get Kate out of Clyde and Stefano's orbit.  Although Will/Sonny/Sparkle isn't a great orbit to be in either.

I better never hear again how Will is like Sami because when Sami/Kate scheme together, it is a thing of beauty, whereas, Will just brings everyone down.  At this point, Will, Brady, and Eric make Austin look smart.

I love how Theresa just dismisses doing any work, and Anne just rolls with it.  Again, writers take note - Theresa/Anne and Kate/Sami = comedy gold, great scenes, entertainment, etc.

• Love 7

I think they're being stupid about this kiss.  They thought they were dying.  They didn't fuck, they just kissed. If Dan dumps her over that then GOOD. She deserves better.  And I used to be a fan of the couple.

WHAT?  They just kissed?  I have just assumed I missed it and they did the deed.  Which I wouldn't blame them for anyways.  I think "fear of dying and it's my last chance" sex is justifiable and doesn't need to be explained.   But all of this angst over a kiss????  Sheesh.

• Love 1
(edited)

I gotta say, I think the decision (at this point in time in real life) to show a scene with a man on his knees with a knife at his throat is one of the more despicable bone-headed choices these writers could possibly make.  Good grief - they don't pay attention to the news? - Really disgusting. 

Seems like horrible flashbacks of icky "love" scenes are a way for them to save money by showing them over and over again.

Will not only looks like a petulant 10 year old, he acts like one.  Ick.

Damn, I thought the xander person was dead as a doornail the other day.  Rats.  

Edited by roomtorome
  • Love 5

Didn't he get shot in the back of the head or was I just being hopeful.

I think they did a little more than kissing but we were spared the sight.

Nice to see Sonny check on Ari's whereabouts before hitting Sneasel between the eyes with the truth.  Now, please, pack your bags and save yourself, Jackson. Jeebus when I thought I'd lost all patience with Sneasel he pulls the same crap over and over.  He seems to think he's so much smarter than everyone else.   

I liked Theresa's half beehive.  Not every day, but it was moving into the mansion hair.  She'll do fine with Vic but Naggie will be giving her the lemon face glare nonstop, holding her breath to pretend biting her tongue.  Not sure it's worth it, Theresa. 

Between the dress and the eyes Shreweena makes me dizzy.

The fact Ben didn't deck Chad right there and continues to listen to Jar Jar's lies makes me think he's learned some self control.  Dammit.

• Love 2

I hardly ever pay attention to Will since GW took over, so today when Sonny confronted him with the information from Chad, I didn't get it.  Can someone please tell me why Will is lying about the marriage therapist story? 

QuelleC, Xander was shot in the back with a tranquilizer.  I would have rather seen him killed off right then and there by Navidad.  If that straight-up woman hater skates while Serena goes to jail, I'll be very pissed.

• Love 1
(edited)

Will is lying about the marriage therapist story for a couple of reasons.  He wants to write about his life again, for profit as Stephono has bought the rag and Chad knows about it.  Because he's too stupid to do anything meaningful. He told Kate he wants to have a say in the direction of their so called therapy that he's put off for months, with a skeevy therapist.  So he flattered skeevy doctor into thinking he could get Meyers some national attention so Jackson would be conned into not talking about Will's motivations in the first place like he wants to. This is a really sick SL. And it's sad Sami isn't right in there, she could try to talk sense into him.  But Mar and Kate have tried and it hasn't worked. 

Edited by QuelleC
  • Love 2

I'm not liking Victor as much as I did when he was just the Master of the Quick Comeback, the Orator of "My Idiot Grandson", but I am enjoying watching dark Victor quite a lot.  I had no doubt he was taking the long view with Clyde, readying to bring him down and crush him like a bug, and after today, I'm relishing what that will look like.

I have to put aside that irrational Daniel love, push that to the side, and blame it on his almost-neutering by Maggie.  But that neutering is over, if it ever really started, and I'm hoping this will also spell an end to him and that nag as well.  I'm happy that crazy Xander didn't die, again, not because I like him, but because he's a good villian to have in the story.  

At any rate, I'd much rather watch this Victor-centric storyline than watch Nicole debase herself with Daniel, or Eric with his manpanties in a wad because he got an unholy erection, or Brady do anything, or Sneasel ferret his way through this ENDLESS storyline.  I'm thinking Sonny just wants to get away from both these nudnicks who trail him around like toilet paper caught on his shoe.

And if we do have to watch Abigail, then I at least want to watch her in pain, and suffering as much as possible.

Yup, mean Victor sounds better all the time.

• Love 7

I  was okay with mean Victor, because I never knew about the original Victor and what he did to Kimberley. Now that I know, him barking at Theresa today made my hair stand on end.   Victor is an asshole, ultimately.  I am glad Show is not sugar-coating that.

• Love 6

You guys should check out Thaao Penghlis on tweeter. He is awesome, he gives me life..He drums up excitement about what is to come with the new regime..He should work for the PR team at Days. He gives you just enough to get your attention and leaves you intrigue..I love him...I cant wait to see him in a couple weeks. We have 38 episodes left until we see him and all of the others...

I would love for DAYS to do a JJ/Bev romance. The characters have nice chemistry, and there's a lot of dramatic potential in a JJ/Bev pairing. When JJ interacts with Paige, it's just very boring and bland. 

• Love 3

I thought Theresa's beehive was very jersey looking. I didn't know Salem was on the east coast. Greg Vaugh looks like a brick house in his black underwear and AZ actually a little flab on her skinny body. The horror! LOL!!!! Will continues to look like he's sucking a lemon with his lips. It must be hard for him to have to constantly talk about how good looking Paul is compared to him when it's actually true in real life. When does Sonny leave? When does the Days 50th Anniversaey stuff start airing? I'm kind of bored with the show right now.

• Love 2
(edited)

I can't deal with a domestic violence storyline for Abigail because that means I'd have to feel sorry for her. And I can't have that.

No, for me, she works best when I see her as Comedy Hour.

There's something kind of Bristol Palin-ish  in her demeanour about how she treats other people which is what irritates me most about her, though I'll concede Abigail is better looking. Yeah, everyone on this this show is hypocritical to one degree or another, but I guess I can deal with hypocrisy about stolen babies or whatever than I can with the kind of hypocrisy that Abigail works in, which is of the Bristo Palin kind. (Although I just realized Abigail is worse because she cheats around whereas Bristol gets pregnant over and over again.)

Edited by bantering
  • Love 5

The sick thing is Abs might enjoy it so she can be more judgey and outraged.  I can't wait for the day someone finally cheats on her.  I wish Bristle well but I get the comparison.  Let's just hope she comes to terms with reality.  And I mean both of them.

• Love 3

Greg Vaugh looks like a brick house in his black underwear and AZ actually a little flab on her skinny body. The horror! LOL!!!!

As a woman in her forties, I can't tell you how much I love AZ for letting her tummy show like that. Not that she has much of a tummy, but still....

• Love 5
(edited)

I would love for DAYS to do a JJ/Bev romance. The characters have nice chemistry, and there's a lot of dramatic potential in a JJ/Bev pairing. When JJ interacts with Paige, it's just very boring and bland. 

They should just bring back Roxanne. She and JJ would be a fun pair, and it was refreshing having someone half-way intelligent and sane in that mess of storyline. It didn't take her more than two minutes to realize how nutty Eve was.

Edited by amish40
  • Love 8
(edited)

I liked Roxanne.  I wished she had stayed in Salem and her friendship with JJ had developed into something more.  There were so many SLs they could have done with JJ, and instead they do the awful Paige/Eve SL.

I think Brady, EJ, and Dan are the biggest sluts in Salem.  The majority of the women OTOH have been turned into pathetic doormats.  The writers aren't even subtle with their sexism.  To them, there is nothing worse than a woman not being with a man, and anything the man does is the woman's fault.

Then there are Ken Corday's favorites who get propped and praised no matter how despicable they are.

Why with all the cheating SLs the writers felt they just had to do, why did none of them involve a woman cheating on a man until it came to Ken Corday's pet Slappy?

Sami/EJ - Since EJ was lying to Sami about Kristen/Eric, why couldn't Sami have been the one to cheat on EJ?  They threw Sami's 20 year history of not cheating out the window to have Sami cheat on Rafe so why not have Sami cheat on EJ?

Rafe/Jordan

JJ/Paige

Will/Sonny

Justin/Adrienne - Adrienne cheated with Lucas, but that was only after she found out Justin cheated.

Edited by TigerLynx
  • Love 2

Will is lying about the marriage therapist story for a couple of reasons.  He wants to write about his life again, for profit as Stephono has bought the rag and Chad knows about it.  Because he's too stupid to do anything meaningful. He told Kate he wants to have a say in the direction of their so called therapy that he's put off for months, with a skeevy therapist.  So he flattered skeevy doctor into thinking he could get Meyers some national attention so Jackson would be conned into not talking about Will's motivations in the first place like he wants to. This is a really sick SL. And it's sad Sami isn't right in there, she could try to talk sense into him.  But Mar and Kate have tried and it hasn't worked. 

This entire post is simply gorgeous!  Will wants to control the therapy because he doesn't want to have to admit that he was wrong in cheating with Paul.  He wants to ignore that it's his actions that drought about the ruination of his marriage and somehow blame everything on Paul.  He doesn't want Sonny questioning him about anything and he just wants to move on with his life with Sonny.

Sounds just like Abby who literally wants to do whatever she wants and not face any consequences to the people she's hurt.  This must be a Horton attribute because it's pretty twisted and damn sick.

• Love 6

Wow, Quelle, yes you really did nail the WilSon narrative - bravo! It really is sick of Will to try to control therapy -- it even feels icky to type that, doesn't it? Yeesh. 

Sonny needs to run ASAP.

• Love 2
(edited)

Tomsell have destroyed Will and Wilson. It is shameful that they have done that..I would love to ask them what was the point of building them up, just to destroy them in such a despicable manner. They could have done so many things with them to keep them relevant...They lack imagination to write good drama with engaging characters.I could think of different scenarios that could be written for Wilson, that did not involved with cheating and turning Will into a low-rent, smarmy, smug schemer.  I am pretty sure that they will not be getting any GLAAD awards next year. That is for sure... Will is so unlikable right now, he needs to be alone for a long time. Sonny was so good to him and Arianna, he did not deserve that type of anguish from him. I loathe to say it, but Adrienne was right all along about Will.

I have some news to share with you guys, but, you will have to go to the spoilers thread to find out....

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 1

TomSell and Ken Corday have destroyed every single couple on the show.  It's like they have no idea how to write for couples that work through their problems.  They don't even let them be happy for a few weeks, and everyone cheats.  Apparently, it never dawns on any of the characters, "Hey, I might want to put some effort into my relationship.  Instead it's, "Hey, I think I'll have sex with the first person I run into, and then I will blame the person I cheated on for what I did."

• Love 3

I, along with many others, am very disappointed with what has happened to WilSon. They are the reason that I started watching again in 2013 after a 7 year break from the show. There is an abundance of cheating among couples on the show right now. It is ridiculous! I would expect it from Abby (Salem's Sidepiece For Hire) instead of Will. Not only is Will's cheating an issue, but his moronic schemes and smug attitude are so completely OOC. 

This entire post is simply gorgeous!  Will wants to control the therapy because he doesn't want to have to admit that he was wrong in cheating with Paul.  He wants to ignore that it's his actions that drought about the ruination of his marriage and somehow blame everything on Paul.  He doesn't want Sonny questioning him about anything and he just wants to move on with his life with Sonny.

Sounds just like Abby who literally wants to do whatever she wants and not face any consequences to the people she's hurt.  This must be a Horton attribute because it's pretty twisted and damn sick.

You hit the nail on the head with this one! Will is really showing his Horton side these days....and not in the good Tom/Alice way.

• Love 2

I hope that Will & Sonny break up for good. I might feel slightly different if it was original Will, but this current Will is nauseating! Can't stand him and wish he would just leave Sonny alone. And IMO, even Paul is too good for this Will.

• Love 3
(edited)

They destroyed Will..He needs to be retooled and put on the backburner..I have no interest in seeing Will and Paul being a couple....Yuck....I hope Higley does not continue with Tomsell's horrid writing....They were the worst writing team on Days....I never thought that I would wish the return of Higley on a show, after what she did to Jessica on One Life to Live...

Edited by Apprentice79
(edited)

I binged watched about a weeks + worth of episodes on Sunday. I figure it is best to take poison all at once than just a dose at a time a day. 

Color me shocked for feeling and typing this but for a story that sucked liked the most powerful of dysons, the elephant storyline's conclusion was actually quite good.  I don't know how they managed to pull it out of the fire at the end but they did. Don't get me wrong it was still problematic in some regards (read: Daniel) but from the pile of suckage that it was it was 100X more enthralling than the pile of fail that was the Tate baby reveal. First off so many new sets. All the hallway scenes were well done. Liked the look of the Chicago hotel.

You know what I think that this story just felt very well rounded in the end. Lots of characters got folded in, even Brady which I didn't expect to happen. I actually found myself liking him again. They showed cops trying to do their police work. Asking questions, going back to the scene, talking to witnesses.  They actually went back to the scene and dusted for prints. WHAT?!?!!? I liked the scene of both Nicole and Eric being interviewed by Salem PD. John actually looked like a real cop asking questions and scribbling notes down into a flip note pad. LOL! I don't know WTH Roman was doing just standing there with his hands in his pockets. Maybe that was unofficial because Abe came in later. It just felt like a complete story even though the front end was pretty much garbage. 

I can't get too angry with Eric for treating Serena the way he currently is. The boy is naturally pressed by nature but Serena and her actions damn near got his ass steam pressed, he has a right to be angry. I did have to LOL at him turning his head petulantly away when Serena was trying to talk to him in his hospital bed. Reminded me of my goddaughter when I try to get her to eat broccoli. 

Most of the goodness probably lies with the angsty deliciousness that is Eric and Nicole. I for one was well and truly over these two and would never in a million years think that I would be shipping them again after Eric was such a pissy little bitch to her for so damn long but damned if I ain't. Doesn't hurt that the alternative in this triangle is Daniel. Hell if Daniel was Superman I would be Team Zod and happily toil away slaving in the mines for my new Kryptonian overlord!  But I digress. I thought the crawlspace stuff was well done but I could have done with less mention of Daniel and love in the same sentence. It was so swoon worthy the way Eric kept asking about Nicole. I wanted both Eric and Nicole to yell at Eric to GTFO when he came into Nicole's room. 

I will always lament what could have been with Xander and Nicole. Paul Telfer has proven to be an actor who can not only handle Days matter but a formidable villain on a show in desperate need of a new young baddie to take the place of villains who are past their prime and in some cases worn out their effectiveness (Stefano). Days messed up by having him go crazy pants in such a nonsensical way for the sake of none other than the time and show suck that is Daniel. 

WTF was up with John when he first arrived into the boiler room area? He arrives on the scene and in the doorway takes a Tim Tebow knee blocking the path for both Abe and that other officer who have to go around him and then John asks rather nonchalantly 'who are we doing here' like he is wondering if the hot dogs have thawed enough to put on the grill. Why not go over to your stepson for goodness sake and check up on him?!? That was weird as hell. So much so that I had to rewind to see if I missed a scene but nope I didn't. I guess all John's concern and love is reserved for Sparkle from now on.

Dear Heavens above, enough with the Chabby flashbacks. One episode it seemed like we must have gotten 4-5 of them. E-N-O-U-G-H!

Looks like wardrobe forgot Abby's pants again. And seriously was that a pajama top she was wearing as a shirt? WTF is wardrobe thinking with her styling. 

In contrast hubba hubba Zoe - red is that girl's color. I loved the lighting in the Dimera garden. Chad/Zoe feels like a redux of him and Tammy Sue. She seems like a smart character now but if she sticks around I have no doubt she will be sacrificed at the altar of Abigail much like Ben will be. I am so not here for a potential domestic violence or who da daddy tale with them. Just nope!

Edited by islandgal140
  • Love 9
(edited)

Sneasel, your marriage is over. Accept it. Even your 1 year old daughter knows it by the way she was looking at you. My God, you cheated on Sonny twice ? You claim it only happened once while you were in LA? Dude, from now on, Sonny will not believe anything you say to him. There is absolutely no trust anymore, it's over for Sonny. Even Kate and Lucas won't be able to defend Sneasel this time. RoboMar will hit the roof when she hears abot this. Hell even Sammi herself can't protect him. Will better just pray that Uncle Victor doesn't hear about this. The mood he's in right now, Vic would just have him killed slowly just to see him die. I was actually was disappointed that Sonny didn't just tell Paul what was going on, but it probably would've led to them going back to his hotel and having grief sex. But I think it's clear to everybody now: Sonny is going to sleep with Sparkle, it's simply just matter of time now. It's either going to be him or Derrick (welcome back to him btw!! helloooo abs!! yum!!).

The only sad part about this is today we're watching the ending of daytime's first same sex marriage after the first 3 days of it being legal everywhere after Friday's awesome long overdue decision by the Supreme Court. Yep me and my partner of 15 years celebrated majorly by going to the New York Pride parade yesterday, the highlight for me seeing Darren Criss up close on the Hedwig float (believe it or not he's even hotter in real life, yep I'm a total Gleek and proud of it)

As for the rest of today it was kinda boring in comparison except for Maggie putting the smackdown today. "I got your number, cookie." That was excellent.

Edited by madhacker
  • Love 8
(edited)

The only sad part about this is today we're watching the ending of daytime's first same sex marriage after the first 3 days of it being legal everywhere after Friday's awesome long overdue decision by the Supreme Court.

Bianca and Reese on "All My Children" were actually first, to the altar and to divorce court.

So Will did cheat in California?  Did that guy seduce poor, innocent, naïve Will too? 

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 3

So, I see bell hop boy was in Paul's orbit today. What exactly is the story going to be when Sonny leaves? Are Will & Paul going to be mortal enemy's? That's going to get old and pretty fast since I can't stand Will. I don't think there is anyone who feels sorry for Will. And, if you don't have viewer sympathy for a character such as Will then nobody is going to watch. Whatevs!

I'm reading today that Daniel Cosgrove is being written out. This surprises me since I thought he was popular, liked doing the show & that Kristian Alfonso loves working with him. Of course, none of this matters to the TPTB but I just thought he was well liked from Corday on down. I know Peter Reckell is coming back for the 50th but I thought that was a short story arc. Actually, I didn't think Corday liked him anymore since he had walked away from the show. So much drama. LOL!!!!

• Love 2

Will's a loon, he's blaming Sonny for being friends with Chad and compares that to Will SLEEPING with Paul? Will sleeping with someone in LA doesn't surprise me. I don't know why Sonny's bothering trying to save this pathetic joke of a marriage with the spawn of Sami who only knows to lie and lay blame at others. All of Will's cheating is Sonny's fault.

• Love 1

I don't know why Sonny's bothering trying to save this pathetic joke of a marriage with the spawn of Sami who only knows to lie and lay blame at others.

What does Sami have to do with this? 

I can't wait for Sonny to leave. It's unfortunate that I have to feel this way but I know once he's gone this triangle from hell will be over. It's disappointing that they've turned Lumi's kid into such a freak.

STFU Victor. Your grumpy asshole shtick is annoying. 

• Love 6

EJ blamed Sami for his cheating, and everyone else tried to make Sami out to be the bad guy so I guess Will thought it would work for him to.  Will and Sonny didn't have any sympathy for Sami either.  I guess Sonny will go cheat with Paul now.  The writers should just end the Wilson marriage now instead of continuing to beat a dead horse.

• Love 5
(edited)

EJ blamed Sami for his cheating, and everyone else tried to make Sami out to be the bad guy so I guess Will thought it would work for him to.

Watching Will try and blame Sonny for his cheating was disgusting and that he kept manipulating the situation with his "I have such low self-esteem because you think you're better then me so I have to have sex with other men."   That is the lowest of the low and it makes me really hate Will and Sonny already doesn't trust Will but now that trust is shattered beyond repair and at this point, I don't care if Sonny sleeps with Paul because Will deserves to be in pain.

Edited by kitmerlot1213
  • Love 5
(edited)

Are Tomsell retconning their own story? I remember  when Paul and Will talked in the hotel room in January; it was mentioned that Will had only been with one guy before Paul. And Paul was like how is that possible and he mocked Will for his lack of experience with other men...It is truly a shame what they have done to Will in their  quest to turn Will into Sami....

I  have some good news for you guys, please go into the spoiler thread to find out, our prayers have been answered..I feel like doing some cartwheels in the middle of Times Square....Thank you Dena!

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 2

6/29/2015 Recap :)

Sonny/Will

Sonny swears he's not writing an article on Dr. Myers and Sonny doesn't believe it but Will says he told Zoe he can't write it and impressed with Dr. Myers and Sonny knows that Will was going to write the article on Dr. Myers first. Will doesn't see the big deal and Sonny says he doesn't think lying is a big deal. Will says he did research on therapist and read about Dr. Myers and Sonny says Dr. Myers talked about the future and nothing else and Will says that's how he works and Sonny says that's how Will wants it to work. Will says how could Sonny think that he would try and pay off a therapist and that he's trying to hang on to the marriage and Sonny wants to know why Will is desperate to hang on to him.

Will says he's not desperate and he's in love with Sonny and Sonny says he has a funny way of showing. Sonny says Will jumped to work in California and Will says Sami lost EJ and Sonny says he did it for his career and didn't come back until Hollywood dumped him and ever since he came back they're doing nothing but arguing and then Will slept with Paul for a good story. Will says he didn't sleep with Paul for a story and Sonny wants to know why Will slept with Paul. They argue some more with Will saying that he never felt like he's on Sonny's level because Sonny does everything right and he feels like does everything wrong and thought Paul would leave Salem and Sonny would never find out. Sonny figures out that Will slept with someone else in California because of that statement which Will denies over and over, but Sonny says Will never answered any of his phone calls and goes to leave but Will grabs Sonny and tells him that it only happened once in Los Angeles. 

Sonny tells Will to get his hands off him and tells Will to talk to Dr. Myers and storms out. Will is now playing with Ari and says he can't lose Sonny and promises Ari that.

Derrick/Paul/Sonny

Derrick and a girl friend are at the park in swimming wear and walk up to the bench when Paul walks through with a beach chair and about to set it up. The girl friend walks out and Derrick asks Paul if he remembers him. Paul remembers him and Derrick says he lost his job at the hotel and he wasn't good at it and read the article and asks about Will and Sonny's marriage. Paul doesn't want to talk about it and Derrick can't believe they're married and have a little girl. Derrick says he would like to have a husband and kid one day and asks Paul would he like to settle down. Paul says he would like to settle down and they chit chat some more and Paul says he's going for a swim and will see Derrick later and they part ways.

Sonny walks through the park when Paul calls out Sonny's name. Paul asks how did Sonny know he was here and Sonny says he didn't and comes to the park to think. Paul wants know if he wants to talk about it and Sonny says he can't talk about it with Paul and walks off.

Theresa/Victor/Brady/Maggie/Haley

Victor asks Theresa what she's doing in his house and Theresa isn't afraid and takes some jabs and Victor is about to call the police but decides he can do it himself until Brady and Maggie stop him. Maggie says she's been trying to get in touch with Victor and where was he and he flashes back to almost cutting Xander and says it's business. Vic says that there's no way Theresa is staying at his house and doesn't care what kind of arrangement Brady made. Maggie says it's time for Theresa and Tate to meet the nanny and Vic says they're not going to and Maggie tells him to shut up and listen and to talk to Brady in the foyer. Brady and Vic leave the living room.

Theresa thanks Maggie but Maggie says Vic is only saying what everyone else thinks and says that she doesn't welcome Theresa in the house and that Tate is the only one welcomed. Maggie says she's got Theresa's number. Out in the foyer Brady and Vic talk and Brady says he's had a long night as well as Victor. Vic tries to play dumb and doesn't know what Brady is talking about which Brady doesn't buy as Brady says Vic knows when people in his family sneezes and knows that Xander tried to kill Eric and Nicole.

In the living room the nanny Haley has Tate and Maggie tells her to put Tate down for a nap which Theresa says she can do it but Maggie says that Theresa should wait for Victor and Brady. Theresa asks Haley to unpack Tate's bags but Maggie says that Theresa could do it and Haley leaves with Tate. Maggie says that Haley is Tate's nanny and not to order her around and that they're not going to put up with Theresa's attitude. In the foyer Vic and Brady talk more about Xander ending with Victor saying that he hopes that the police finds Xander before he does and admitted to knowing about Xander before arriving in Salem.

Vic says Xander will be dealt with and wants to talk about Theresa. Maggie says that Theresa hasn't dealt with Vic in hand to hand combat and that she's going to tell Henderson to remove all the fireplace pokers. Brady says he's doing this for Tate because Kim was gonna take Tate to California. Vic says that Theresa is playing him and insults Theresa and Eve and saying they're like Honey Boo Boo and Vic says he's putting his foot down and Theresa isn't staying. Brady says that they'll leave because wherever Tate goes, he's going.

Theresa says for Maggie to tell Brady that and Vic and Brady come in and Vic says Theresa to stay and for her to stay the hell out of his way. Maggie says it's good when rules are followed after Theresa's comment about hand to hand combat and Maggie and Vic leave. Brady tells her that she's staying for now. Brady says that Theresa remembers the custody agreement and that it's his time to see Tate and Theresa says she'll stay in the living room and read and Brady says that's not what he had in mind.

Vic and Maggie in the foyer and Vic receives a text from Dan about Nicole. Maggie wants to know what Vic isn't telling her. Brady says that Theresa has a job and should go work which Theresa says it's not happening. Vic talks about receiving the text from Dan about Xander and explains in vague detail of what happened and Maggie wants to know if that's it and Vic says he doesn't want to talk about Xander anymore. Vic says he's going to call Dan and make sure he's ok. Maggie says that Dan will have rough questions for Vic as well.

Xander/Serena/Abe/Roman/Serena's Attorney

Xander says that Serena looks like she had a rough day and Abe says Xander's is going to have a rough day and arrests him for attempted murder. Xander says attempted" and says Eric and Nicole are unharmed and says that he couldn't have hurt them and says right to Serena who doesn't answer. Roman says they ask the questions and Xander says he didn't kill them because he wasn't in Salem. Xander says he was in Chicago and 10 people can verify and says that Serena can back up everything he says. Roman asks if Serena can verify his alibi and Serena says no. Xander says he came to said goodbye and some other story, which Serena confirmed one of the things Xander said. Roman and Abe don't buy it and Xander hopes Nicole and Eric are okay.

Roman and Abe talk and say they have conclusive evidence that Xander tried to kill them and that Xander has a manufactured alibi. Roman says he won't stop until the person pays and aks Abe to get Xander out which Abe is going to take him to interrogation. Xander tells Serena he's glad that she's ok and Xander and Abe leave. Serena says she doesn't have anything to help Roman with the case. Roman is upset because Serena can't be with a guy like Xander and have her hands clean. Serena's attorney arrives and says that Serena isn't answering anymore questions. Roman is ok with that as he needs to get some air.

Her attorney tells her to be quiet as there's no evidence so far against her. Serena asks if Xander got to her attorney. Serena says that there can be a case against Xander. Her attorney basically tells her to be quiet as she can get in legal trouble and not to speculate. Abe, Roman, and Xander enter the room and tell Serena she's free to go and Xander says he'll see her soon.

Nicole/Dan/Eric

Nicole says Eric shouldn't be there but Eric wants to talk about it and Dan wants to hear it as he stands in the doorway. Nicole tries to evade and Dan walks in the room and says he knows exactly what Eric did. Dan hugs Eric and glad he's okay and Dan says everything Eric did saved Nicole's life and doesn't know how to repay Eric and goes on to praise Eric who doesn't want to talk about it. Dan asks what is it. Dan thinks it has something to do with Xander because of Eric's response and Nicole says to Eric that he can't hold it in and has to tell Dan what happened. Nicole says it isn't about what Xander did and she says Dan knows how much trust is important to Eric. Nicole says for Eric as bad as everything was the heat the betrayal was worse. Eric is about to confess but Nicole says how badly Serena betrayed Eric. Dan says he understands that but it's Eric's call and asks Eric if it's Serena that has him upset.

Dan's phone rings and it's Abe who tells them that Xander is arrested. Eric leaves as he has to see what's going on with Serena and Nicole says thank god. Nicole wants to know more about Xander but Dan has something he wants to say first. He wants to tell Nicole how much he loves her and how he needs her in his life. Nicole says that they're gonna put last night behind them and gonna get a fresh start that they both want and they hug.

Nicole is lying in bed when Dan reenters the room and tells her that he reassigned her case to Dr. Glass and Nicole should be released very soon and how he wants to be the man in her life and they kiss as Eric stands in the doorway. (Last scene of the day)

Sneasel cheated on Sonny in Los Angeles, what an asshole, well that was what he was putting out while in LAX. Sonny should have knocked his sorry ass out. Sneasel's reasonings were just lame, there is never an excuse for cheating and glad Sonny brought up the fact that Sneasel called their marriage boring before leaving for LAX. I'm happy that Sonny said he can't discuss it with Sparkles.

STFU Naggie, just shut up. Bitch is so annoying. I'm wondering when someone is going to kill her, and her hair.

I love Theresa but she should know better. She should know what it's going to be like living in that house. I don't like the fact that Brady thinks that Theresa has to get up and leave the house completely just so he can spend some time or it's his turn to talk to be with Tate. Dumbass Brady you don't invite someone to live in your house and tell them to then leave for your benefit. That's so ass backwards, might as well have let Theresa stay in her apartment. I'm wondering just how delinquent Brady wants to be on his brain bill?

Derrick is looking pretty good with that haircut. Sure Sparkles will be ready to hit it.

• Love 5
(edited)

...It is truly a shame what they have done to Will in their  quest to turn Will into Sami....

I still fail to see how having Will cheat on Sonny multiple times makes him like Sami.  Serial cheater = EJ.

It looks like the writers are going to do to Ben what they tried to do to Sami and Nicole.

When EJ cheated on Nicole with her sister Taylor, they tried to make Nicole out to be the interloper.  Then EJ's worst crime wasn't putting Fake Rafe in Sami's home and bed, or being responsible for Nicole and Taylor's mother's death.  Those didn't begin to compare to the fact that EJ lied to Saint Taylor.  {face palm}

They tried to do the same thing with Sami and EJ when EJ cheated on her.  It didn't matter that EJ betrayed Sami and their children, and once again ruined Sami's life.  Pathetic Slappy was the helpless victim.  {face palm}

I don't care if Nicole had sex with Eric and lies to Daniel about it.  I have no doubt before it's all over Nicole will be raked over the coals because she is a woman and she is bad while all the other cheaters get a free pass because they are men or they are one of the good characters.

Edited by TigerLynx
  • Love 4

Friday's awesome long overdue decision by the Supreme Court. Yep me and my partner of 15 years celebrated majorly by going to the New York Pride parade yesterday, the highlight for me seeing Darren Criss up close on the Hedwig float (believe it or not he's even hotter in real life, yep I'm a total Gleek and proud of it)

Congrats on the 15 years, madhacker!  And congrats on seeing Criss close up, too.

• Love 1

I still fail to see how having Will cheat on Sonny multiple times makes him like Sami.  Serial cheater = EJ.

It looks like the writers are going to do to Ben what they tried to do to Sami and Nicole.

When EJ cheated on Nicole with her sister Taylor, they tried to make Nicole out to be the interloper.  Then EJ's worst crime wasn't putting Fake Rafe in Sami's home and bed, or being responsible for Nicole and Taylor's mother's death.  Those didn't begin to compare to the fact that EJ lied to Saint Taylor.  {face palm}

They tried to same thing with Sami and EJ when EJ cheated on her.  It didn't matter that EJ betrayed Sami and their children, and once again ruined Sami's life.  Pathetic Slappy was the helpless victim.  {face palm}

I don't care if Nicole had sex with Eric and lies to Daniel about it.  I have no doubt before it's all over Nicole will be raked over the coals because she is a woman and she is bad while all the other cheaters get a free pass because they are men or they are one of the good characters.

Tigerlynx, I meant that they made Will devious, when he was never like that..Ken Corday wanted to make Will and Theresa be like Sami. 

They tried to same thing with Sami and EJ when EJ cheated on her.  It didn't matter that EJ betrayed Sami and their children, and once again ruined Sami's life.  Pathetic Slappy was the helpless victim.  {face palm}

Tigerlynx, I meant that they made Will devious, when he was never like that..Ken Corday wanted to make Will and Theresa be like Sami.