Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

Hope and Aiden have angst with Bree thinking that Aiden killed his wife, but the story is written so horribly. Writers really can't write angst but need to try.

Hope constantly seems to be in her own storyline weirdly disconnected from the show.  I'm glad I wasn't too emotionally invested in the murder mystery in the cabin.  I checked out because I didn't enjoy Aiden manhandling and threatening her then turning out to be a good guy so I guess since we "knew" that all the violent behaviour is ok... 

If there's one thing Hope endorses it's denying the truth of her children.  Just like her Cuz.  Now Haiden are glowing with love and their seemingly perfect(ly disturbed) children.  It's like it never happened. 

I thought I saw Abe sniffing out the truth about how Aiden would do anything to protect his child.  I know there's not a statute of limitations on murder investigations but in what world would a four year old be blamed for poor motor skills?  I think it was a rewrite when they had this occur FIVE YEARS AGO when Caspar was allegedly four because I understood they left Portland as the event had occurred in the past year or so.  The kid who played Caspar in the backflash didn't look a day over three to me.  So....none of this matters.

Still, I really like how happy Hope looks with Aiden and I'm no Hope fan.  I'd be ok with PR showing up for the 50th but I'm not sure how it would work out storywise.  I hated Bo for constantly replacing Hope with Carly or Billie through the years, even in his own home because he had to have someone in his bed.  Even if he was reacting to Hope's bitchiness. I liked them in the 80's as kids a bit (Patch and Jack were way more hot) and when they were trying to work through Zack's death - good writing there.  Aiden broke through the bitchy so there's that. 

• Love 3

Man, fuuuuuuuuuuck this show. It's supposed to be 2015; and this show is supposed to be in a women's genre?

I'm not going to pretend I was invested in Jordan or in CS' performance, because I wasn't. But I would much rather have a mediocre female character on the show than a child rapist. I am 1000% done with rapist characters on television. What was the point of the writers using rape in this narrative? Considering they never actually dealt with it, could they not have chosen something else? And what do you want to bet that the whole matter is going to drop now?

Then we have Adrienne and her husband's "work wife"; Serena who's basically prostituting herself for a piece of ceramic literally no one cares about; Kate in a romantic relationship with a child molester; Eve having sex with a twenty year old while Jennifer obsesses about her son's sex life; Paige with no agency in anything; and Theresa and Nicole completely defanged.

You know what show I'd really like to watch? One with strong women who make their own decisions and are not in thrall to a town full of pathetic men.

• Love 13

Man, fuuuuuuuuuuck this show. It's supposed to be 2015; and this show is supposed to be in a women's genre?

Serena who's basically prostituting herself for a piece of ceramic literally no one cares about;

How is Serena prostituting herself? Now if she sleeps with Daniel to get the elephant, you might be onto something, but she seems to actually care about Eric if not love him.

• Love 2

I keep hoping Parker will break that elephant when he gets a certain gleam in his eye...if only Daniel would take his eye off of him...

Where is Ciara when you need her? She would have broken that elephant for me by now. 

• Love 2
(edited)

Best line of that day?  Adrienne, yelling at Will:  "YOU ARE SUCH A CHILD!"  Adrienne was spot on that Will was acting like all he had to say was "Sorry" and that would make the betrayal disappear.  And I also liked that JE put all kind of shades of meaning in Adrienne's speech because her words were coming three fold: she was speaking as a mother hurt on her son's behalf, she was speaking as a wife who has been cheated on and she was speaking as a woman who cheated herself.  Excellent work on JE's part.

I also adored the resounding slap she gave Will and Will's shocked and horrified face that no one was there to make it all better was icing on the cake.

And I also think that if Sami was in town she'd be defending her son left and right, so I have no problem with Adrienne's raking WIll across the coals.

Edited by kitmerlot1213
  • Love 10

I loved Adrian slapping Will and when they were saying I didn't know this and I didn't know that, that she asked Will if he knew he was married. Love her pointing that out. 

Why is Kate still living in Stefano's house? Why hasn't she been thrown out by Chad/Stefano?

• Love 4

Best line of that day?  Adrienne, yelling at Will:  "YOU ARE SUCH A CHILD!"  Adrienne was spot on that Will was acting like all he had to say was "Sorry" and that would make the betrayal disappear.  And I also liked that JE put all kind of shades of meaning in Adrienne's speech because her words were coming three fold: she was speaking as a mother hurt on her son's behalf, she was speaking as a wife who has been cheated on and she was speaking as a woman who cheated herself.  Excellent work on JE's part.

I also adored the resounding slap she gave Will and Will's shocked and horrified face that no one was there to make it all better was icing on the cake.

And I also think that if Sami was in town she'd be defending her son left and right, so I have no problem with Adrienne's raking WIll across the coals.

so say we all!!

It was so satisfying to finally get what I wanted today: Adrienne saying to Sneasel "You truly are Sami Bradys son. You're just looking for an out!!" .

• Love 7
(edited)

Sorry, I'm not Team Adrienne today. Damn Will for giving that obnoxious harpy another chance to bitch. STFU Adrienne you loud hypocrite. Yes, she can and should be disappointed and upset at Will for hurting her son but I'm so damn tired of the Hortons (and their allies) calling people out for doing THE SAME EXACT THING they've done in the past and having absolutely no self awareness while doing it. Adrienne cheated on Justin and just a few days ago she was kissing Lucas and probably would have dropped her panties for him by now if he hadn't done the honorable thing and backed off. Maybe if Adrienne hadn't spent months running all over town talking shit about Will and Sami to anyone would listen and acting like they were the worst people in the history of the world and too good for her son (while ignoring her own trashy background) I would have more tolerance for her when she actually does have a right to be upset. As it stands, I just want her to kick rocks. Why did it have to be Adrienne who confronted Will. She's done enough yelling and ranting for multiples life times.

I'm also not looking forward to Justin and Victor going off on Will either. Again, they can and should be upset and disappointed, but I don't want them turning into the Hortons. Justin has cheated and Victor tried to have Clyde murdered which lead to Sonny almost being murdered. They need to keep that in mind. You can support your family without acting stank.

Look at Abifail trying to act indignant because Chad wanted to trade sex with her for plastic mannequin's freedom. She knows damn well she wanted to screw him in the pantry at the Dimeria mansion.

Edited by LeftPhalange
  • Love 4

Why is Kate still living in Stefano's house? Why hasn't she been thrown out by Chad/Stefano?

The house is owned by DiMera Enterprises, so she gets to live there as co-CEO.  It was part of the takeover of the company by Kate and Sami.

• Love 5

Slap him again Adrienne, but this time have a crowbar in your hands. Don't apologize for slapping him. Glad she seen him as trying to blame everyone but himself. Sneasel just needs to STFU. Still playing the Blame Game, Sneasel is scoring about 5000 right now isn't he? He can blame Sparkles all he wants but he really needs to look in the mirror.

Damn, even with a new job offer, Grimace just grimaces. Her dancing with Rafe just still shows that they can't write for couples. Just seemed out of place. Rafe umm the business isn't going to last long if you keep having the house pay for drinks.

This can't be said enough, but Kate really needs to dump the Creepy Molester pronto!!! Please Grimace take him with you and your crusty brother BOllie.

Dammit, Chad should have pressed charges, BOllie just gives out too much damn attitude. BOllie has no depth whatsoever, just walking around with a big chip on his shoulder. I'm sure we're insulting plastics, mannequins, and the company Mattel by calling this piece of shit character these things.

Yep Jar Jar, nothing screams work by sitting your ass in the break room browsing on your device. This is what is killing me. The past couple of months Jar Jar has been telling Grimace & BOllie how Chad is bad, evil, look over your shoulder, he's a DiMera, blah, blah, blah, but the minute Chad shows interest or getting with Grimace was about her at first, she's now about to change her tune, based off the looks she's giving Chad now. This is a pathetic ass character and I just want to smack her everytime she wants to be all coy. She also needs to stop acting like she's above and beyond telling Chad to not hit on someone else's girlfriend. Didn't stop her from going after men that didn't belong to her. What if BOllie walked in on her flirting it up with Chad? She would have no answer for that.

Actress playing Tori Narita stinks. She's just off. Could they make it so damn obvious that Yawn is Sparkles father? So stupid, might as well spoil it now, no subtlety at all. I find it hard to believe that this Human Sleeping Pill Yawn and this Carbon Copy Woman hit the sheets and found each other alluring. They must have been drunk or the stakes in poker just got really high or the loser at the table had to sleep with Carbon Narita or vice versa.

• Love 5
(edited)

Sorry, I'm not Team Adrienne today. Damn Will for giving that obnoxious harpy another chance to bitch. STFU Adrienne you loud hypocrite. Yes, she can and should be disappointed and upset at Will for hurting her son but I'm so damn tired of the Hortons (and their allies) calling people out for doing THE SAME EXACT THING they've done in the past and having absolutely no self awareness while doing it. Adrienne cheated on Justin and just a few days ago she was kissing Lucas and probably would have dropped her panties for him by now if he hadn't done the honorable thing and backed off. Maybe if Adrienne hadn't spent months running all over town talking shit about Will and Sami to anyone would listen and acting like they were the worst people in the history of the world and too good for her son (while ignoring her own trashy background) I would have more tolerance for her when she actually does have a right to be upset. As it stands, I just want her to kick rocks. Why did it have to be Adrienne who confronted Will. She's done enough yelling and ranting for multiples life times.

I'm also not looking forward to Justin and Victor going off on Will either. Again, they can and should be upset and disappointed, but I don't want them turning into the Hortons. Justin has cheated and Victor tried to have Clyde murdered which lead to Sonny almost being murdered. They need to keep that in mind. You can support your family without acting stank.

Look at Abifail trying to act indignant because Chad wanted to trade sex with her for plastic mannequin's freedom. She knows damn well she wanted to screw him in the pantry at the Dimeria mansion.

I agreed with everything that you said. Judy Evans was great today..I also loved the Wilson family portrait....I also think that Will's schemes will backfire on him and Paul will fight to get Sonny back....Will is ill prepared to face Sparkle as an opponent....Plus, if Will did anything that can be misinterpreted as being unfaithful to Sonny, while he was in LA. He will definitely lose Sonny to Sparkle....

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 3
(edited)

I was hoping she'd just haul off and beat the shit out of him, or at least smack him a few times with that huge purse.

GW's acting was horrific, especially opposite BD.

Ok, when exactly did Jawn spawn Sparkle. I've only been watching on and off since '93, but from what I've read about his history before then there is no plausible time when he could have been with Tori. I'm still hoping there's a swerve and he is really Stefano's son.

Edited by Tiger
  • Love 2

I find it hard to believe that this Human Sleeping Pill Yawn and this Carbon Copy Woman hit the sheets and found each other alluring.

Eh, is it really that much of a stretch that two useless bags of hot air would hump each other? Although, it might make more sense if Tori was plastic mannequin's mother.

• Love 1

I knew sooner or later someone would blame Sami for what Will did.  Will was wrong for cheating, but it is not Sami's fault he cheated.  It would be hilarious if Sami decided to out all the Salem hypocrites, Adrienne included, in her movie.

• Love 4

I knew sooner or later someone would blame Sami for what Will did.  Will was wrong for cheating, but it is not Sami's fault he cheated.  It would be hilarious if Sami decided to out all the Salem hypocrites, Adrienne included, in her movie.

Sami isn't even in raggedy Salem anymore so why does Adrienne feel the need to bring up her name? Another reason why Adrienne needs to have one of RoboMar's broken parts shoved down her throat.

• Love 2

I've only been watching on and off since '93, but from what I've read about his history before then there is no plausible time when he could have been with Tori. I'm still hoping there's a swerve and he is really Stefano's son.

How old must we assume Paul is? But I believe John has been in Days longer than the 90's or late mid/late 80's. Paul has to be at least younger than 29, I can not buy him as older than that (though some people look younger than they are). Idk, Days has retconned stuff before.

How old are Sonny and Will meant to be now?

• Love 1
(edited)

I hope Sparkle is Stefano's son because it would be more interesting to see him as a Dimera than a Black..It is too bad that all of Stefano's children are not on canvas because it would be a hoot to see them all together. Stefano is not racist because he has children of every hue....lol Lexie, Benji, Chad, Tony, Renee, Kristen, Peter, EJ. Cameron(I know that he is not a Dimera, but he should have been one), The second Cameron was so delicious...The show was foolish to let him go .He and Renee Jones favored each other as Siblings...

What annoys me about Adrienne is that when that special snow flake Abigail did the nasty with EJ, she was outraged that Sami had the gall to confront her husband's side piece. She needs to take several seats.  I understand her anger towards Will, he was wrong, but, it irritated me that Adrienne hit him...She has never liked Will and this just reinforces her apathy towards him. I also feel that she judges him because of who his mother is; has she forgotten who her father was..Duke Johnson was not father of the year by any stretch of the imagination..Her mother Jo was a hot mess. Her siblings Jack and Steve were not saints either..Will is nothing like his mother. Sami at her worst in villainous period cannot compare to Will's infidelity and misplaced anger towards Sparkle. Victor hated her back in the day and schemed to keep her and Justin apart...

If JJ were to find out that his grandfather Duke was a rapist as well, his self-loathing and feelings of worthlessness would magnify and he would commit suicide..I never understood why the show made references to Jack's awful past with Kayla, while Jack is not on the show. It would have had more impact, if Jack was alive and interacting with JJ. General Hospital did that with Luke and Lucky by revisiting Laura's rape and that storyline was awesome.... It was just another way for the show to sully his reputation while putting Dan the pervert on a pedestal.... JJ was so awesome when he used to hate on that pervert..It pains me to see that he now drinks the koolaid on how great he is..Yuck....

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 5

I am so glad that Abby got to read Jordan's job offer. It might be the one time she gets to see what an offer of employment looks like based on skill, ability and education and not due to nepotism.

Will and Paul. I loved Paul dragging Will ass for filth! Will deserves to be beaten roundly about the head and neck with the cold hard truth of reality. That was some gooood stuff! I almost flat out died when Paul was asking Will when he knew Paul was gay. (WARNING vulgarity ahead). I know this would never happen on daytime but I half expected Paul to taunt him that he must have finally realized this when Paul had Will's penis in his mouth. 

I don't like either of Sonny's options in this purported triangle. My wish is that child rapists didn't actually kill thuggy thug Damon (who is gay) but is actually holding him hostage while he gets info on Kirikias family and operations out of him. Damon escapes and makes his way back to the K manor where Sonny has been staying since he got back from Phoenix. Storyline ensues...

I'm still waiting for someone to call Will a slut, whore, ho, something.  The show is pretty liberal with using that term on woman who sleep around so what gives?

The JJ/Eve sex affair reveal was some good stuff. I am no Jen but I must admit that I am with her on one thing and one thing only. If I had walked in on my barely legal son having sex with my arch nemesis I would have yanked every Farrah Fawcett feathered hair out of Eve's head too. So I don't blame Jen for losing her shit and trying to smother a bitch. However, Jen loses after that. She is so damned self-centered. You're so vain, you probably think this orgasm is about you. Girl please! Now because of her I have to deal with a JJ/Paige reunion and waiting for the other shoe to drop. And with Paige, that shoe is an orthopedic saddleshoe.

Gee Melanie, maybe you would like you photo ID if you didn't show all 83 and 4 rows of your teeth when you smiled, you threw your crimping iron in the trash, ran a brush through your hair and didn't dress like an extra from the movie Pretty in Pink.

• Love 6

What annoys me about Adrienne is that when that special snow flake Abigail did the nasty with EJ, she was outraged that Sami had the gall to confront her husband's side piece. She needs to take several seats.  I understand her anger towards Will, he was wrong, but, it irritated me that Adrienne hit him...She has never liked Will and this just reinforces her apathy towards him. I also feel that she judges him because of who his mother is; has she forgotten who her father was..Duke Johnson was not father of the year by any stretch of the imagination..Her mother Jo was a hot mess. Her siblings Jack and Steve were not saints either..Will is nothing like his mother. Sami at her worst in villainous period cannot compare to Will's infidelity and misplaced anger towards Sparkle.

Sonny, the person who was cheated on and wronged by Will, got to confront him. That was the important thing for me. I'm not opposed to other people calling him out but I wish Adrienne weren't one of those people. Like I said before, if she hadn't already spent months railing against Will and Sami for no reason I probably wouldn't have a problem with her right now. There's only so much of her hypocrisy I can tolerate.

I know this would never happen on daytime but I half expected Paul to taunt him that he must have finally realized this when Paul had Will's penis in his mouth.

On a somewhat related note, I kinda find it funny that everyone assumes Will was the catcher when he was having sex with Sparkle. Maybe the bedroom is one place where Will likes to assert himself. Or maybe he likes to share. Probably not, but maybe.

I am so glad that Abby got to read Jordan's job offer. It might be the one time she gets to see what an offer of employment looks like based on skill, ability and education and not due to nepotism.

A job offer probably has too many words that Abifail wouldn't understand.

• Love 3
(edited)

Sonny, the person who was cheated on and wronged by Will, got to confront him. That was the important thing for me. I'm not opposed to other people calling him out but I wish Adrienne weren't one of those people. Like I said before, if she hadn't already spent months railing against Will and Sami for no reason I probably wouldn't have a problem with her right now. There's only so much of her hypocrisy I can tolerate.

On a somewhat related note, I kinda find it funny that everyone assumes Will was the catcher when he was having sex with Sparkle. Maybe the bedroom is one place where Will likes to assert himself. Or maybe he likes to share. Probably not, but maybe.

A job offer probably has too many words that Abifail wouldn't understand.

To be fair, I do think Will is  passive with men in bed...lol Perhaps on special occasions, like his birthday Sonny lets him be the assertive one...lol...I think that Sonny and Will have established roles in their marriage and there is nothing wrong with that...lol

Edited by Apprentice79
(edited)

How is Serena prostituting herself?

Not sure how the show is going to play it out in the long run, but at this point in time the balance of evidence is that Serena is prostituting herself for the elephant, IMO. She comes to town and reconnects with Eric. She lays it on pretty thick for him - that she's been carrying a torch all this time but didn't pursue it out of her complete and total respect and understanding about his desire for the priesthood. She expresses no disappointment or anger or even hurt with this choice that he made - only this perfect womanly understanding and acceptance. This is the perfect tack to take with him to rekindle their one-time romance, with the added benefit of differentiating her from that awful-Nicole-who-never-understood-him-or-loved-him-like-selfless-Serena-did. The romance does rekindle, and while that is happening we are made privy to the fact that she wants/needs this elephant from him. All of her actions - her rekindling the emotional connection, then expressing interest in his art (over and over and over again), then wanting into his bedroom - all of this is to get herself alone in a room with the elephant. She pretends to attack Nicole out of a protective impulse for Eric, when in fact it was because she knew Nicole was the one person who might have the ability and the inclination to expose her. When Eric finally decides to sleep with her, she's all into it until he mentions going out of town - at which point she freaks out. Why? Because sleeping with him is not the point for her - the elephant is the point. When she finally does sleep with him the "romantic" aftermath for her is staring at the ceiling like she'd rather be anywhere but there (super loving, I'm sure) and waking him up to ask him what happened to the elephant. Fast forward to more recent times - he asks her to lunch, she's into it, he says he won't talk about the elephant anymore, she basically hangs up on him. If this is true love for Eric, I am not seeing it. I see her using Eric and his friends via her connection to him to get the elephant.

They have salted in a few scenes of Serena vaguely alluding to hurting ones you love because of reasons, so they may be setting it up that she's being forced against her will by the scary soap villain lady on the phone and her boss. I want the storyline wrapped up so Serena can do other things, because I find her character interesting and she seems smart. I actually would find it more believable that, instead of carrying a torch, she is carrying hurt and anger about Eric choosing the priesthood over her. I believe that she could understand and accept his decision, but I don't believe in a character so selfless that she can just feel happy for him without any residual feelings of betrayal. However, I think that the show would only have her express feelings like that if they were going to take her down a villain road, and despite her actions thus far, they don't seem to have that in mind for her.

Edited by micat
  • Love 4

"This would never have happened if you remembered you were married."  Some truths, Will.  Live it.  Of course, Adrienne is coming from a position of thinking her husband is cheating on her. "You are such a child."  Yep, that's Will. I do, however, hate how all of the women in this town slap people all the time. Damn, Adrienne, way to out your attempted cheating with Lucas. Dammit, Justin!

Rafe and Jordan get their own song on the day she's leaving the show?  That's weird.

Hey, Justin, no yelling when the baby is sleeping, please. And stop being so condescending. "I'm glad we cleared things up."  They did?

What is Kate mad with Clyde about?

• Love 2
(edited)

The problem with show is they don't reference everyone's past and they reference it incorrectly.  Show only wants to remember that some people are cheaters, rapists, criminals, and expects the fans to forget about the others.  It doesn't work that way.

Also, out of all the people in Salem who have a right to be angry at Sami, Adrienne, isn't one of them.  Most of those people are no longer in Salem.  I don't count Kate or Nicole because they gave as good as they got from Sami.  Sami has spent the last eight years battling EJ and Stefano, and they are not victims of Sami in any way shape or form.

In Adrienne's experience, Will is nothing like Sami, because when Adrienne went over to Sami's home to pick a fight with her, Adrienne got her ass handed to her.  Then what did Adrienne do?  Oh that's right, she called Will whining about Sami, saying Sami was out of control.  STFU Adrienne.

Edited by TigerLynx
  • Love 5

Yikes, I liked Jordan so much more in that goodbye scene with Rafe than any other time she's been on my screen. Nothing against her, per se, but I thought she was a little odd and I couldn't warm up to her. When they flashed back to the dancing scene in the Square and she wore her glasses, I wondered for the first time if the show wanted us to see her evolving into more of a femme fatale post-Rafe or if they just changed gears with her style for the hell of it. But it was a very sweet scene and she looked beautiful. 

• Love 4

The names will be changed to protect the guilty.

• Love 3

The problem with show is they don't reference everyone's past and they reference it incorrectly.  Show only wants to remember that some people are cheaters, rapists, criminals, and expects the fans to forget about the others.  It doesn't work that way.

Also, out of all the people in Salem who have a right to be angry at Sami, Adrienne, isn't one of them.  Most of those people are no longer in Salem.  I don't count Kate or Nicole because they gave as good as they got from Sami.  Sami has spent the last eight years battling EJ and Stefano, and they are not victims of Sami in any way shape or form.

In Adrienne's experience, Will is nothing like Sami, because when Adrienne went over to Sami's home to pick a fight with her, Adrienne got her ass handed to her.  Then what did Adrienne do?  Oh that's right, she called Will whining about Sami, saying Sami was out of control.  STFU Adrienne.

Very well said.  I too was waiting for some idiot to bring Sami into this.  Wrong person, wrong comparison.  I don't see Sami in what Sneasel is doing these days, nor did I see anything of Sami when he betrayed her and Kate a short time ago with the article.  Sami could be delusional sometimes about things she did, but she didn't turn into a sniveling twit panicking to find an excuse, any excuse to get out of a jam.  Half the time she made things worse for herself by NOT doing something like that.

And of all people, Adrienne??  One of my favorite recent Sami scenes was when she handed Adrienne her head in a basket after Adrienne tried to scold her.  And then Adrienne compounded her bonehead behavior by slithering to Abigail who also treated her rather offhandedly.  Adrienne got no respect even from that little horror of a niece.

There's plenty she can say to Sneasel that would be appropriate.  Using Sami's name wasn't one of them.

I knew I wouldn't be allowed to enjoy Adrienne for very long.

• Love 5

There's plenty she can say to Sneasel that would be appropriate.  Using Sami's name wasn't one of them.

And now Will can't even say anything to her without seeming like an even bigger asshole than he already is. Not that he has enough spine to stand up for himself anyway, but still. What kills me is I think she was thisclose to dropping trou for Lucas a few days ago and then actually had the audacity to look hurt when he did the right thing and told her she should focus on her marriage to Justin. The nerve of this hyenia acting all self-righteousness.

• Love 3
(edited)

How is Serena prostituting herself? Now if she sleeps with Daniel to get the elephant, you might be onto something, but she seems to actually care about Eric if not love him.

She may very well care about Eric, but it seems that she came to town specifically for the elephant statue, which necessitated getting close to Eric again, and apparently on orders from some man who's now displeased with her. So, imo she has little to no agency in this storyline and she's not acting on her own initiative or of her own volition.

ETA: Or what micat said much better than I.

Edited by kristabell
  • Love 1

And now Will can't even say anything to her without seeming like an even bigger asshole than he already is. Not that he has enough spine to stand up for himself anyway, but still. What kills me is I think she was thisclose to dropping trou for Lucas a few days ago and then actually had the audacity to look hurt when he did the right thing and told her she should focus on her marriage to Justin. The nerve of this hyenia acting all self-righteousness.

I don't thihk Will has a moral leg to stand on.  He was the married person who cheated--there's really no defense to that and I have no problem with Adrienne throwing it back in his face especially with how cavalier Willl's being about the affair.  If Adrienne saw one ounce of guilt on Will's face or even any acknowledgement on how he hurt Sonny, I bet she would have backed off.  Instead, we're just getting this "I know I messed up" shrug and it's maddening.  Act like a freakin' grown up Sneasel!

Now Adrienne's whole relationship with Lucas is a bit murky--one could say that she and Lucas have been having an emotional affair--but I am okay on her calling out Will for his cheating on her son and hurting him deeply.  Any mother would defend their child, no matter how reprehensible their own behavior might be.  Does that make them a hyocrite?  Maybe so, but it also makes for good TV :)

• Love 6

The acting of Tory, Paul's mother, continues to rather terrible for someone in her age range. 

I expect the younger ones to be terrible, but I guess I expect more from older actors. Even John Black has a certain odd charm so I can see why he has continued on this show for years on end (there's a certain charisma to his bad acting, and ditto for Rafe). Frozen-face Marlena has a certain gravitas to offset her non-moving features. But Tory? There's no "there there" with this one.   

Edited by bantering
  • Love 6

She may very well care about Eric, but it seems that she came to town specifically for the elephant statue, which necessitated getting close to Eric again, and apparently on orders from some man who's now displeased with her. So, imo she has little to no agency in this storyline and she's not acting on her own initiative or of her own volition.

ETA: Or what micat said much better than I.

This only works if Serena has sex with Daniel to get back the elephant. When she and Eric finally had sex, he was the one pursuing her and she seemed genuinely interested in more than his statue.

• Love 1

Wow!  I Love the Nightlife could be the Salem motto, couldn't it?  Show starts us out with that lovable old Gas Master, "Smell the Fart" Jawn Black, taking his roomba out for a night on the town.  Marlena looked quite nice, divested of all her cleaning attachments.  Now does it get more than romantic than what Jawn said to Marlena when she asked if they were going anywhere special?  He leaned in to her with that charming leer that indicates either sexual affection or hemorroid trouble, and said "Anyplace you go with me is special".  WHAT a guy!  He just told Marlena how lucky she was to be with him.  Other guys might have wanted to rephrase that to indicate that the guy was lucky to have the woman with him, but not our Jawn.  He knows EXACTLY how special he is.  After all, is there anyone else in Salem who is a spokesman for BOTH Gax-X and Depends for Men?  Time for them to PAAAAAAAAAARTAAAAAAAAAAY!

Back at the hospital where nobody works, we were graced to see Ollie and Abby in a deep embrace, lips smushing into each other with the sound of a malfunctioning Smoothie machine.  Gawd, those sounds.....but they finally were able to untangle themselves long enough to give Chad the fisheye when he congratulated Ollie on not being melted down for parts.  When Ollie got Abigail away from Chad, she asked him if he'd had enough.   Then - ready for the kicker?? - he says to her "Well, I'm only HUMAN".  Since when, Ollie?  Ever since they relocated his battery area to his back he seems to have forgotten he runs on 4 AA batteries.  How he could forget, since the last time he stopped working Abigail had to use the batteries from her dildo I'll never know.  Only HUMAN, indeed.

But then, after Ollie left for a lube and wax job, Abigail, that little fox, started giving Chad THE LOOK.  You know....the look......like the one she used to give EJ, the look that EJ thought indicated she was in severe gastric distress until she told him differently.  Then she lurched off to the waiting room, letting Chad see her walleye, wiggling her buttcheeks at him in Grandma Horton's old skirt, walking in those oh-so-sexy orthopedic hushpuppies.  Now how could anyone blame Chad for following her?  I mean, how many times does a person get to actually see a person like that, outside of fever dreams and the Alien movie franchise?

Oh yeah, Abigail, she's too sexy for her snout.  And then, SNAP, she let him know what she thought about him flirting with another man's girlfriend - oh YES SHE DID, UH HUH, OH YEAH.  She looked up at him when they were talking about him asking her to sleep with him to get Olie out of jail time, and asked him, "What if I'd said yes?"  

I have to give Chad a lot of credit here, because someone raised him right.  He had to contemplate that, and he had to also keep down his lunch.  Which he did.  Man is a rockstar.

I thought most everything Adrienne said to Sneasel was right on, and appropriate as Sonny's mother - until she threw Sami's name into the mix.    She's got the right to be angry and defensive of her son, although it was clear from the dialogue that Justin's perceived infidelity was also on her mind.  But as I said in another post, Sami would not have been acting the way Sneasel is right now.  And besides that, as happy as I am to see a veteran character AND a woman of a certain age getting a storyline, which happens far too little these days, it's hard to forget what a knucklehead she was not that long ago with the Sami/Abigail storyline.   That said, I liked most of what I saw with Adrienne today, including her short scene with Justin.  

But what's with the slap??  I swear, Salem is the most slap-happy town I've ever seen.  Not only do I not like it, I also don't see it as authentic.  Salem is supposed to be a small town in the midwest not that far from Chicago.  I grew up in a small town not that far from Chicago, and we did not slap.  Our community of potato-salad and bratwurst-and-beer- heavy Lutheran Germans and Catholic Irish did not engage in physical violence.  Or even touch much.  Which is why it was not stretch to believe in the Virgin Birth.  For everyone.  At the most, we teepeed houses after graduation and surreptitiously added too much extra salt and pepper to our rivals potato salads, and dumped a little peppermint shnapps in the Christmas GOOEY Salad, but slaps?  Hell no.  

And even though Adrienne was the one to say it, she nailed it when she called Sneasel a child and told him off.  He still isn't getting it, which tells me that he's either incredibly resistant to taking his lumps, or he's not that bright.  In this instance, it does not matter what Sparkle and Sonny were to one another in the past, it does not matter that Sonny spent all their money, or anything else.  Those are, or might be, all legititmate issues to be worked on, but none of them are an excuse or a reason for Sneasel's cheating.  That was a decision on Will's part, not forced upon him, nor was he seduced or fooled or abducted by aliens.  Until he figures it out there isn't any hope for him and Sonny, and indeed, Sonny shouldn't bother with him.  Nothing can get worked out if that simple, unpleasant truth is too much for Sneasel to admit to or deal with.

Oh - Sparkle's mother.......She makes Marlena seem vibrant and alive and unpredicatable and someone who breathes oxygen.  Sparkle's mom, not so much.

Imagine the embarrassment when Jawn finds out that one of his inflatable sex dolls that he bought on a business trip all those year ago turns out to have COME TO LIFE!!   I doubt it will make him happy, since based on Marlena, Jawn prefers 'em....well, let's say, distant.....

So much Plastic running loose in Salem and so little time.

• Love 9

Kate is upset with Creepy Molester because of what he said to her about BOllie possibly being placed in jail and basically blaming her for it. He was telling her that if BOllie goes to jail she better watch out.

• Love 3

Wow!  I Love the Nightlife could be the Salem motto, couldn't it?  Show starts us out with that lovable old Gas Master, "Smell the Fart" Jawn Black, taking his roomba out for a night on the town.  Marlena looked quite nice, divested of all her cleaning attachments.  Now does it get more than romantic than what Jawn said to Marlena when she asked if they were going anywhere special?  He leaned in to her with that charming leer that indicates either sexual affection or hemorroid trouble, and said "Anyplace you go with me is special".  WHAT a guy!  He just told Marlena how lucky she was to be with him.  Other guys might have wanted to rephrase that to indicate that the guy was lucky to have the woman with him, but not our Jawn.  He knows EXACTLY how special he is.  After all, is there anyone else in Salem who is a spokesman for BOTH Gax-X and Depends for Men?  Time for them to PAAAAAAAAAARTAAAAAAAAAAY!

Back at the hospital where nobody works, we were graced to see Ollie and Abby in a deep embrace, lips smushing into each other with the sound of a malfunctioning Smoothie machine.  Gawd, those sounds.....but they finally were able to untangle themselves long enough to give Chad the fisheye when he congratulated Ollie on not being melted down for parts.  When Ollie got Abigail away from Chad, she asked him if he'd had enough.   Then - ready for the kicker?? - he says to her "Well, I'm only HUMAN".  Since when, Ollie?  Ever since they relocated his battery area to his back he seems to have forgotten he runs on 4 AA batteries.  How he could forget, since the last time he stopped working Abigail had to use the batteries from her dildo I'll never know.  Only HUMAN, indeed.

But then, after Ollie left for a lube and wax job, Abigail, that little fox, started giving Chad THE LOOK.  You know....the look......like the one she used to give EJ, the look that EJ thought indicated she was in severe gastric distress until she told him differently.  Then she lurched off to the waiting room, letting Chad see her walleye, wiggling her buttcheeks at him in Grandma Horton's old skirt, walking in those oh-so-sexy orthopedic hushpuppies.  Now how could anyone blame Chad for following her?  I mean, how many times does a person get to actually see a person like that, outside of fever dreams and the Alien movie franchise?

Oh yeah, Abigail, she's too sexy for her snout.  And then, SNAP, she let him know what she thought about him flirting with another man's girlfriend - oh YES SHE DID, UH HUH, OH YEAH.  She looked up at him when they were talking about him asking her to sleep with him to get Olie out of jail time, and asked him, "What if I'd said yes?"  

I have to give Chad a lot of credit here, because someone raised him right.  He had to contemplate that, and he had to also keep down his lunch.  Which he did.  Man is a rockstar.

I thought most everything Adrienne said to Sneasel was right on, and appropriate as Sonny's mother - until she threw Sami's name into the mix.    She's got the right to be angry and defensive of her son, although it was clear from the dialogue that Justin's perceived infidelity was also on her mind.  But as I said in another post, Sami would not have been acting the way Sneasel is right now.  And besides that, as happy as I am to see a veteran character AND a woman of a certain age getting a storyline, which happens far too little these days, it's hard to forget what a knucklehead she was not that long ago with the Sami/Abigail storyline.   That said, I liked most of what I saw with Adrienne today, including her short scene with Justin.  

But what's with the slap??  I swear, Salem is the most slap-happy town I've ever seen.  Not only do I not like it, I also don't see it as authentic.  Salem is supposed to be a small town in the midwest not that far from Chicago.  I grew up in a small town not that far from Chicago, and we did not slap.  Our community of potato-salad and bratwurst-and-beer- heavy Lutheran Germans and Catholic Irish did not engage in physical violence.  Or even touch much.  Which is why it was not stretch to believe in the Virgin Birth.  For everyone.  At the most, we teepeed houses after graduation and surreptitiously added too much extra salt and pepper to our rivals potato salads, and dumped a little peppermint shnapps in the Christmas GOOEY Salad, but slaps?  Hell no.  

And even though Adrienne was the one to say it, she nailed it when she called Sneasel a child and told him off.  He still isn't getting it, which tells me that he's either incredibly resistant to taking his lumps, or he's not that bright.  In this instance, it does not matter what Sparkle and Sonny were to one another in the past, it does not matter that Sonny spent all their money, or anything else.  Those are, or might be, all legititmate issues to be worked on, but none of them are an excuse or a reason for Sneasel's cheating.  That was a decision on Will's part, not forced upon him, nor was he seduced or fooled or abducted by aliens.  Until he figures it out there isn't any hope for him and Sonny, and indeed, Sonny shouldn't bother with him.  Nothing can get worked out if that simple, unpleasant truth is too much for Sneasel to admit to or deal with.

Oh - Sparkle's mother.......She makes Marlena seem vibrant and alive and unpredicatable and someone who breathes oxygen.  Sparkle's mom, not so much.

Imagine the embarrassment when Jawn finds out that one of his inflatable sex dolls that he bought on a business trip all those year ago turns out to have COME TO LIFE!!   I doubt it will make him happy, since based on Marlena, Jawn prefers 'em....well, let's say, distant.....

So much Plastic running loose in Salem and so little time.

You grew up in a town with Irish and Germans near Chicago? Sis, is that you? ;) Of course any town in the greater Chicago and Milwaukee megalopolis could qualify, but still...

• Love 1

You grew up in a town with Irish and Germans near Chicago? Sis, is that you? ;) Of course any town in the greater Chicago and Milwaukee megalopolis could qualify, but still...

Well, nearish.  Dubuque, Iowa.  We had German Catholics, Irish Catholics, German Lutherans and Bohemians, Luxembourgers, Dutch, etc.  My mom was Irish, my dad a combo plate of Germanic types, both catholic, and THAT was considered a mixed marriage.  I loved my upbringing, but I didn't even know about oregano until I moved to SIN CITY, that toddlin' town of Chicago.  Everyone was convinced I'd be killed.  

We did not slap each other in my home town.  Looks of Death, though, now, THOSE I remember!

• Love 3

Wisconsin here and everything Boes says is correct, I'm one of those Germans raised Lutheran and as a kid I though most people were Catholic based on the number of churches and parish schools since each nationality built its own.  I'd be surprised if there's a big brat culture in Iowa but I hope so. Let's hear it for cheese curds so fresh they squeak! So I identify a lot with Salem due to the proximity.  OT so I'll bow out now.

Edited by QuelleC
  • Love 3

Well, nearish.  Dubuque, Iowa.  We had German Catholics, Irish Catholics, German Lutherans and Bohemians, Luxembourgers, Dutch, etc.  My mom was Irish, my dad a combo plate of Germanic types, both catholic, and THAT was considered a mixed marriage.  I loved my upbringing, but I didn't even know about oregano until I moved to SIN CITY, that toddlin' town of Chicago.  Everyone was convinced I'd be killed.  

We did not slap each other in my home town.  Looks of Death, though, now, THOSE I remember!

Close enough! Your background sounds a lot like mine, though my parents were both from the South Side of Chicago, both Catholic, but where your Mom was Irish, my Dad was, and my Mom was the combo plate: German, Austrian, Swiss and French. I'm a mutt.

Sorry to be so OT here.

• Love 1

I laughed so hard at that family picture. Ari looks cute. Sonny looks like a normal, cute, happy guy in his 20s. And then there's Will, who despite being demonstrably around Sonny's height in the photo manages to come off like a 3-year-old because of that grin he's sporting. It doesn't look like a married couple with their daughter, it looks like a father with his two kids. Hmmm, maybe that's why GW usually sticks to his nonsmiling stare.

Adrienne bugs (and I haven't forgotten her attitude with Sami nor her recent kissing of Lucas) but Sneasel bugs more, so on balance I enjoyed the smackdown he got from her. Especially since Sonny is not here and I guess won't be here for a few more weeks(?), and pretty much everyone else who knows is part of Will's family and so has gone relatively easy on him (Kate, Marlena, now Lucas). So I guess I see Adrienne as being kinda called in to fill Sonny's shoes since FS wasn't available during this time.

• Love 5

I thought most everything Adrienne said to Sneasel was right on, and appropriate as Sonny's mother - until she threw Sami's name into the mix.    She's got the right to be angry and defensive of her son, although it was clear from the dialogue that Justin's perceived infidelity was also on her mind.  But as I said in another post, Sami would not have been acting the way Sneasel is right now.

Sami absolutely would've been acting like that.  Just like Will has been doing, Sami blamed everyone she could whenever she got caught for something.  She made bogus rationalizations, as well, which is what I think Adrienne meant when she said that about Will.

• Love 2

Another reason why the Sami/Will comparisons are weak. Sami would have clapped back at Adrienne.

Will is lucky he is dealing with Adrienne and not somebody like his Grandma Kate. A slap would have been the least of his worries.

Edited by loiswests
  • Love 3