Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

I really liked Friday's episode. Mostly, I liked all the character interactions this episode. The one exception: Xander/Rex/Gwen still had something I really liked.

1. John/Chloe. This pairing shouldn't work because neither would ever win an Emmy. That being said, I actually think these two are quite similar actors. Although, they struggle in different ways, both have lasted for decades with their original portrayer (I'm only counting John and not Roman in this) because both do an effortless job of selling their relationships with people. I truly believed that John was devastated for Brady and wanted to believe that Chloe believes in his son. Chloe also did a good job of showing care for John and wanting to protect Brady. They also did a good job of showing their history with each other although they haven't been involved in each other's lives in years. Selling relationships is paramount on a soap and regardless of my issues with their acting at times, both could do a masterclass on providing one's character with heart regardless of one's technical limitations.

2. Philip/Kate. I loved how proud of himself Philip was when explaining his plan to Kate. This was the first time since his return that Philip actually seemed like he was winning and delighting in that win. We the audience know this won't last, just because of how soaps work. Philip, the character, doesn't know that. He seemed genuinely happy that he concocted such an elaborate plan to hurt Broe, and I honestly loved it. It was nice to see a villain not cry or whine or try to convince the audience they're the hapless victim. While we know Philip is wrong, it's perfectly understandable that with the information he has; he believes Broe have been delighting in his humiliation. It was also nice - if odd - to see Kate, of all people, try to be the voice of reason. Philip really should have brought up Kate putting Sami on death row or forcing Chloe into prostitution. Faking a death and framing your nephew is small potatoes comparatively. Lastly, Philip shows that he realizes his mother is a monster, and she will ultimately have no qualms with continuing and maybe even helping with this cockamamie scheme because Kate enjoys hurting people, especially Chloe. 

As an aside - I didn't realize Kate was living in the Brady Pub now.

3. Belle/Brady and Belle/Rex - I don't have a lot to say about either. It's just funny to see Belle talking to the two Brady Blacks. Belle/Brady work well together, and I hope the show gives the two more to work with in the future. They used to be super close, and now they sometimes feel like people who barely know each other. Belle feels like such an isolated character sometimes. I like seeing her mixing it up with people.  It's taken more than a decade, but I've finally warmed up to MM's Belle.

4. Kayla/Marlena. I'm usually underwhelmed with Marlena/Kayla scenes. I usually wish Marlena was with Hope or Kate whenever she shares a scene with Kayla. I only like Kayla in scenes with Adrienne. Kayla/Mardevil actually worked. Mardevil laughing at Kayla after the "Sweetness" kiss was hilarious. It honestly took me off guard. I also liked that I didn't have to pretend the two were such great friends. Maybe they are, but the two have never sold me on the friendship the show sells with them. I was rooting for Mardevil when she knocked Kayla out. I've never been a Kayla fan. It was also nice to see Mardevil and Jan together. Sami, Mardevil. Belle's family obviously get some sick joy from seeing Jan terrorize Belle.

5. Xander/Rex/Gwen. I was mostly checked out during these scenes. However, the extra in the back was hilarious. She's a waitress cleaning a table, and when Xander starts screaming at Rex about Sarah, she is rolling her eyes and making all types of "is this man insane?" faces. She finally kinda just shrugs her shoulders and goes back to cleaning the table when Xander and Gwen return to their conversation. I want to see this extra silently responding to Mardevil antics in the background.

• Love 7
18 hours ago, RedElf said:

Wouldn't Brady have a knot on his head from being hit with a crowbar?

Yes, most definitely!

16 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:
33 minutes ago, Frozendiva said:

In the real world, he could face serious consequences for this

Well this is Salem, where you likely don’t face consequences for anything lol. 

In the real world, no one is facing consequences for crimes either!

1 hour ago, peachmangosteen said:
12 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

This is a bit extreme to get the girl you want.

It doesn't seem like that's his goal. He just seems mad pissed at Brady and Chloe and wants to hurt/punish them both. 

I think he’s just sick of getting f’d over so many times by Brady..and Chloe. Plus, he basically said it himself, he feels like the black sheep of the family, as well.

The guy is in dire straights..losing his mind with everything he’s going through.

Not condoning his behavior, yet I understand why he feels like he feels.

11 hours ago, Kitty Redstone said:

JKJ looks like a completely different (and better looking!) person when he smiles.  More smiling JKJ would be awesome.  Philip barely being able to contain himself and wanting to share how he screwed over Brady was so funny today.  And Kate's alternating horror over Philip's jealous derangement and curiosity over how he carried out his plan was perfectly played.

23 hours ago, CanaryFan98 said:

I'm fine with Phillip going gone girl on Brady/Chloe this has added life into their storyline(course they will ruin it but until then..) if anything I'm hoping he gets a haircut.

Yes, his haircut right now is not great. 

18 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

Phillip is my everything right now. JKJ is so fun. 

I continue to enjoy the hell outta MarDevil. DH is clearly having a ball. The logistics don't always (or ever lol) work but I don't give a fuck, I just wanna be entertained and have fun and I am so I'm happy.

The Gwen/Xander/Rex scenes were good, too. I love KL as Rex. I wish they'd bring him back as a regular. I almost wouldn't mind them trying Gwen/Rex once they inevitably put Xander back with Sarah.

Yes to all of this.  I wish Gwen would do the unexpected and come clean about Sarah to Xander. 

I love JKJ..agree, especially when he smiles. Also love his devious look. I’m happy they’re giving him more to do on  the show.

I disagree about the hair, though. I like longer hair and he can pull it off. Guess I’m old school there, not a fan of a buzz cut and a lot of hair product in guys hair.

I do like KL/Rex..he’s good, but liked him as Brady better. EM’s Brady totally ruined/changed the characters personality. Wish they would have brought him on as a completely different character, as I like the actor. Just not his role as Brady. So brining KL back as regular Rex is ok with me.

Finally, Really wish Gwen would come clean with Xander, as well.

If they bring Sara back with a different actress, then I’m all for that. Like, bringing in a level headed, feisty, younger version of Maggie. With reddish hair (no wigs, lol) Otherwise, I just can’t stomach her. 

• Love 5
On 12/5/2021 at 8:51 PM, FnkyChkn34 said:

I might be a day or two late here, but who is still Team Phillip?  Yikes. He's insane.  I don't care what Chloe may or may not have done with Brady, or who Phillip's parents are... there's no excuse for his behavior. He's gone completely batshit crazy. Are they setting him up to be the next big, bad Kiriakis villain? 

Sorry, but I find Phillip to be sooo creepy looking. Brady may be dumb sometimes but he is very handsome.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

Well this is Salem, where you likely won’t face consequences for anything lol. 

Maybe Philip should strangle two or three women? My understanding is that that’s the only way to become truly pure of heart. I know I’m a broken record about this but I have trouble accepting any character facing consequences for anything in a world where the one person who didn’t coo over the local serial killer got sent to prison while the killer himself got wife/baby/universal adoration. 

1 hour ago, 4evaQuez said:

As an aside - I didn't realize Kate was living in the Brady Pub now.

She bounced back there after Jake was through with her. It was actually rather sweet, and I liked the day Lucas was saying Kate/Roman would be sneaking into each other’s rooms and Kate was all “we’ll leave that to you and Sami.”

Brady may be dumb sometimes but he is very handsome.

The words “pretty but dumb” have long been Brady in a nutshell.

Edited by Panopticon
  • LOL 4
  • Love 6
33 minutes ago, Panopticon said:

Maybe Philip should strangle two or three women? My understanding is that that’s the only way to become truly pure of heart. I know I’m a broken record about this but I have trouble accepting any character facing consequences for anything in a world where the one person who didn’t coo over the local serial killer got sent to prison while the killer himself got wife/baby/universal adoration. 

Sorry, I can't for the life of me think of you're speaking of. Is it Eve? I'm pretty sure the guy who kidnapped Ciara is dead. But honestly, I sometimes forget as these storylines merge in my mind.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, RNbynite said:

Sorry, but I find Phillip to be sooo creepy looking. Brady may be dumb sometimes but he is very handsome.

2 minutes ago, Chellfairy said:

I’d say he is handsome, but  not Very.
Yes,dumb, condescending   and his behavior is quite crazy, as well. 
many many years ago, I’d never think that I’d be referring to Brady, his (past) intelligence and wit,  failing in so many ways.

Edited by Chellfairy
  • Love 1
20 minutes ago, 4evaQuez said:

Sorry, I can't for the life of me think of you're speaking of. Is it Eve? I'm pretty sure the guy who kidnapped Ciara is dead. But honestly, I sometimes forget as these storylines merge in my mind.

Yes, I meant Eve. I think she’s in prison? I admit I’m not sure, and of course the stuff she did was criminal… but the whole story didn’t sit right with me. It felt like a heavy-handed way to make Ben the victim, which is ridiculous as long as Paige remains dead.*

*Not that I want Paige back. I stipulate that she was boring. 

Edited by Panopticon
Over-use of the word “ridiculous”
  • Love 6
36 minutes ago, 4evaQuez said:

16 minutes ago, Panopticon said:
36 minutes ago, 4evaQuez said:

Yes, I meant Eve

Lol, for a moment I was thinking Ben

• Love 1

Great idea. Maybe they'll vanquish the devil soon and then Phillip's plan gets found out; he can just say he was possessed and the devil won't be around to tell everyone he's a liar. 

Or they still have time to say Phillip's behavior actually is being dictated by the devil.

A lot of options lol.

• Useful 2
  • Love 5
On 12/18/2021 at 11:56 AM, 4evaQuez said:

I didn't realize Kate was living in the Brady Pub now.

I think she has since...the Time Jump? It's absurd. The woman is loaded. And if she lives in that apartment...where does Roman sleep? Have they been roomies/neighbors for years now? Doesn't Lucas also "live" there whenever he pops up? I thought it was a one bedroom...

• Love 3

Honest question, since I’ve skipped many more episodes than I’ve watched over the past decade: did the show explicitly say at some point that the private living space attached to the Pub is small? I’ve seen it said here several times that it’s a small apartment.

But in the 80s when we saw the inside of the home attached to the fish market, it was more large apartment/small house. There was mention of it having both an attic and a cellar.  Shawn/Caroline had raised their original four kids there, and even with the significant age spread, they would have had all four at home for at least five years. Then in the 80s Shawn/Caroline adopted in Frankie and Max, plus regularly taking in Rojohn’s three kids and Kim’s two kids (counting her stepdaughter Eve) when the assorted parents were off saving the world. 

In the 90s, John paid to have the fish market reimagined as the Pub. I guess they could have cut down on living space during the remodel, but why would they? They still had multiple grandchildren (mostly Shawn-D), honorary grandchildren (Belle and Brady), and great-grandchildren (Will) staying there regularly for extended periods of time. 

If Kate, Roman, and Lucas are the only ones there now, that seems to me like the most empty the place has ever been. And Lucas has specifically said that the three of them have separate bedrooms… which, if it’s still Roman’s childhood home, is the fewest bedrooms it ever could have had (one for Shawn/Caroline, one for Bo/Roman, and one for Kim/Kayla). 

Or did Caroline or Roman downsize the house at some point when I wasn’t paying attention, possibly to get out of having to take in all the strays? 

• Useful 1
  • Love 4

I thought - may be wrong, I skipped a LOT of this storyline - but when Steve returned as rhe Stefano Implant, wasn't Kate also renting a room at the Pub then?  I thought the impression was given that the Pub now rented out rooms.

Frankly, I think you all remember a lot more about the Pub than any of these hack writers do.

Edited by boes
  • Love 7

I sometime wonder if the DOOL bible of character histories and building blueprints has fallen behind a shelf somewhere in the studio.

...I keep forgetting that Shawn and Belle are living in Bo and Hope's old house, which used to be Jack and Jennifer's, because all we've seen of it since Andre tried to burn it down is the one random room which gets redressed to be so many others.

• Love 4
8 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

Great idea. Maybe they'll vanquish the devil soon and then Phillip's plan gets found out; he can just say he was possessed and the devil won't be around to tell everyone he's a liar. 

Or they still have time to say Phillip's behavior actually is being dictated by the devil.

A lot of options lol.

He just say Brady killed him and Kate gave him a shot of doctor Rolf come alive stuff. Then he could fake memory loss too 

• Love 3
On 12/19/2021 at 9:09 AM, DisneyBoy said:

I think she has since...the Time Jump? It's absurd. The woman is loaded. And if she lives in that apartment...where does Roman sleep? Have they been roomies/neighbors for years now? Doesn't Lucas also "live" there whenever he pops up? I thought it was a one bedroom...

Gabi and Nick lived there when they were first married.  There must be more than one bedroom.

23 hours ago, Panopticon said:

But in the 80s when we saw the inside of the home attached to the fish market, it was more large apartment/small house. There was mention of it having both an attic and a cellar.  Shawn/Caroline had raised their original four kids there, and even with the significant age spread, they would have had all four at home for at least five years. Then in the 80s Shawn/Caroline adopted in Frankie and Max, plus regularly taking in Rojohn’s three kids and Kim’s two kids (counting her stepdaughter Eve) when the assorted parents were off saving the world. 

Reminds me of the Horton farmhouse on ATWT  That place must have had fifteen bedrooms.

• Love 3

Did Kate get her nail polish to match Mardevil's eyes?

When Kayla said they updated security in the last few months I almost expected her to say, "ya know after the snuffling babies were kidnapped, and that time Kristin flashed a gun around." But alas, she only mentioned Dr. Snyder's indiscretions. 

Geez, even with The Exorcist 2 plot, Belle and Shawn still don't get a story that doesn't rehash the same old Jan crap. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 6

I know I can Google, and will, but think maybe they should have explained just a teeny bit for the viewers, like me, who are wondering "who's Tyler?"  

That said, I really enjoyed the scenes with Philip and Kate today.  Good acting, especially from JKJ.  He came across as both crazy and sympathetic.  Wonder how Kate's going to fix everything?

I kinda like the twist of putting Tripp in the hospital bed. But creepy too, especially if he knows what's going on, but can't communicate with anyone.

Jan Spears always gets the best lines, and the actress always does a great job with them.  I'm sure she'll be back in her coma by New Years, but fun seeing her while we can.

• Love 13

MarDevil giving Jan a double take as she embraced her having her back was hilarious. When The Devil is thrown off by you, you really are something.

Tripp being glamoured to look like Jan and being popped into her bed in a coma is the type of old school soapy stuff you'd see in campy storylines like these. And then the telling bracelet left as the clue to his identity.

Phillip went nuts and reeaallllyyy messed up but I feel for him. I hope once all is said and done and he's put in some repentance time that he finds the right lid for his crazy pot. Trying to think who that could be. Could've been Gabi once upon a time but she did him too dirty.

• Love 13

Phillip has really gone off his rocker and by making it clearly obvious to Kate and the audience I assume that will be his defense when this plot is found out. I know many have complained about JKJ's acting and facial ticks for months now, but I think (whether is was planned or not) it ended up working to show how far down the crazy well Philip's fallen.  I'm glad Kate sees how disturbed her son is and wants to help him, but the look in Philip's eyes at the end makes me suspect he's going to threaten her to keep his secret - because there's no way this is going to get wrapped up that quickly. JKJ was good in making me sympathize with Philip today, especially when he said that he's been the loser since high school. Yes he's brought a lot of that on himself with his actions but I did feel sorry for him hearing him verbalize how he's felt for so long. I hope they don't write Philip off the show but instead show him finally getting the professional help he needs.

MarDevil and Jan are a hoot together. I'm willing to overlook the stupidity of Jan being woken up from a coma for the umpteenth time because I enjoy HL's portrayal of Jan and her shenanigans. Poor Tripp; I wonder how long he's going to be in the coma and if anyone will even notice he's missing? I mean, it took almost a year for people to get a clue that Sarah's missing so the odds are probably not in Tripp's favor. I guess Kayla's back to being the hospital's only doctor.

• Love 12
6 hours ago, RedElf said:

Gabi and Nick lived there when they were first married.  There must be more than one bedroom.

Reminds me of the Horton farmhouse on ATWT  That place must have had fifteen bedrooms.

I think you mean the Synder farmhouse

• Love 1

Another good episode. I also liked the cast integration in this one again. I'm starting to see a pattern.

1. I thought it was great that we finally got more background and internal reasoning for Philip's actions. However, there were a few things that did not work for me. 

A - This motivation feels shoehorned in after the fact. Philip and recast Claire were on canvas together for months, and I don't remember them having any significant scenes together. The only one I can think of is the alternate reality April Fool's episode where the two kill Chloe together and they are father/daughter. However, that was Jan's dream and had nothing to do with the inner workings of Philip's mind. While I can't say for certain about Shawn vs. Philip arguments, I mostly remember them being about Belle. I don't remember any resentment about losing Claire from Philp. Does anyone remember if Rex Balsom's Philip and original adult Claire had any conversations about their almost history as father/daughter? This was several years ago when Deimos was still on the show. Also, I don't remember Philp being too concerned about Claire when she was kidnapped by Jan.

B - Speaking of Deimos, Chloe and Rex Balsom's Philip were planning to raise Holly together when Chloe believed Deimos was the father and she the mother. Did Chloe and Rex discuss Parker's paternity then? Philip wasn't on the show when they changed Parker's paternity, so that would have been the first chance the two got. I question why the show didn't have Philip/Chloe babysitting Holly together, so they could talk about how she was almost their child and how he lost Parker, too.  I don't remember Parker ever coming up between the two. Their points of contention have been Brady and Mimi.

C - While I think the show did do a better job of showing Philip being a Jay Gatsby with his wanting to go back in time with Chloe when his life was more hopeful and full of promise. He focused a lot on their high school romance, the tree they planted, Brady being the cause of their demise then and his fear that Brady will be the cause of their demise now. I also think this could have been more effective if the show wasn't so enamored with the Last Blast crew's time in high school in general. Ron is particularly focused on references to their time in high school even when it no longer applies, or it just seems silly. I wish Ron had shown us this contrast by allowing Chloe to want to focus on their current relationship and not their high school one. Chloe and Philip have a lot of history with each other after high school - more than Brady and Philp even - but I wouldn't know that by watching the show. I would have loved if Chloe could have balanced Philip's idealistic view of their high school romance with a more realistic one with the adult relationship and history they've had since high school ended.

D - This is my final point. JKJ just did not deliver for me. This was supposed to be his big soliloquy, and it just fell flat. I kept thinking of when Rick Hearst's Ric Lansing on General Hospital was planning to kill Carly in the panic room, steal her baby, and then kill Liz for discovering his plan. The raw emotion Ric/Rick displayed was so palpable. I was rooting for Liz to be saved - my fave character on that show - but I also completely understood and felt for Ric and wanted him to be redeemed, as well. That wasn't there for JKJ today. He did some type of shaking when he was being held by Kate that just did not work. I also blame the blocking for that scene. It was awkwardly shot. I also question where Philp can go from here. Not necessarily because of his deeds since his scene partner has done much worse in her almost 3 decades on the show. However, JKJ has not done a good job connecting with anyone. Only five characters seem to care about Philip: Victor, Kate, Lucas, Chloe, and Belle. After this scheme, I'm not certain how much Victor, Chloe, and Belle could realistically forgive him. Nicole and Sami are busy juggling multiple men as is. That leaves only Gabi and Ava as potential love interests. Neither seem likely because of his very recent history with both. I don't think Philip has had a male friend since high school.

2. I would love a Gif of MarDevil hitting Tripp on the head. If it could just endlessly repeat, that would be sublime. Could the Christmas miracle this year be that Allie kisses Tripp, he doesn't wake up, she realizes Tripp is not her true love, and everyone moves on with their life leaving him in a coma for at least 8 decades?

Edited by 4evaQuez
5 minutes ago, 4evaQuez said:

After this scheme, I'm not certain how much Victor, Chloe, and Belle could realistically forgive him.

Despite all of the stuff people do to each other on soaps, yeah, I think Phillip/Chloe are done - at least romantically after this. But, Victor? Considering the stuff Victor has done - including to family (letting his grandson think his daughter was dead, letting his grandnephew(?) Sonny think his husband killed his mother) he has no business holding a grudge against Phillip for this.

• Love 10

Philip has really had a meltdown.   He did a good job explaining how he felt even though his actions were way OTT. It’s interesting that he went to his mother.  But I guess she is one he feels who would be on his side.  Never thought of it before but Phillip really doesn’t have many friends.  Bedsides his parents no one seems to care that he is “dead”.  Most are more concerned about Brady. 

• Love 7
40 minutes ago, tribeca said:

Philip has really had a meltdown.   He did a good job explaining how he felt even though his actions were way OTT. It’s interesting that he went to his mother.  But I guess she is one he feels who would be on his side.  Never thought of it before but Phillip really doesn’t have many friends.  Bedsides his parents no one seems to care that he is “dead”.  Most are more concerned about Brady. 

This! 
Everyone is so concerned and sure that Brady was set up because he couldn’t possibly do anything, like go on a relapse bender and do something foolish. And as far as the footage of the pub being cleared, why couldn’t have Brady planned it that way ? We all know he’s far to dense to think of this type of plan, but it’s true, everyone is more concerned clearing Brady’s reputation than even solving the case of missing or dead Philip. 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, FilmTVGeek80 said:

1 hour ago, 4evaQuez said:

After this scheme, I'm not certain how much Victor, Chloe, and Belle could realistically forgive him.

I think Brady could look for a little forgiveness from Philip, himself. And if Chloe can forgive Brady for being an abusive asshole husband, she can forgive this. Though I do hope Philip decides he’s done with the both of them and moves on. And Belle, she’s no innocent when it comes to shenanigans with Philip ..so yeah, forgiveness ALL AROUND , please.

Edited by Chellfairy
  • Love 3

Philip seems to have snapped. I get his jealousy, but this is a bit extreme. He has zero evidence that Chloe cheated on him - just his jealous spin cycle of connecting dots that aren't there. He is playing a dangerous game that could get him arrested and/or spending quality time at Bayview. Hopefully his mom can out him or call the cops on the sly and have this stupid storyline wrap up. It's not fun long-term as there are real consequences.

Jan Spears does get the best lines. Too bad she is paired with Mardevil, who comes up with dumb plans. Go after Shawn and Belle again. Sigh. Poor Tripp, being glamoured in to being Jan Spears and stuck in a coma in a hospital bed. Surely someone will notice his hospital ID bracelet or notice that he is missing.

The hospital security tape should show Mardevil and Jan Spears, unless she glamoured her to be Tripp and should also show Tripp going in to that hospital room. I would guess that Mardevil would erase the footage.

Belle is going in the right direction about Brady being framed, but not by Kristen. Think a bit more.

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
10 minutes ago, Frozendiva said:

Philip seems to have snapped. I get his jealousy, but this is a bit extreme. He has zero evidence that Chloe cheated on him - just his jealous spin cycle of connecting dots that aren't there. He is playing a dangerous game that could get him arrested and/or spending quality time at Bayview. Hopefully his mom can out him or call the cops on the sly and have this stupid storyline wrap up. It's not fun long-term as there are real consequences.

Jan Spears does get the best lines. Too bad she is paired with Mardevil, who comes up with dumb plans. Go after Shawn and Belle again. Sigh. Poor Tripp, being glamoured in to being Jan Spears and stuck in a coma in a hospital bed. Surely someone will notice his hospital ID bracelet or notice that he is missing.

The hospital security tape should show Mardevil and Jan Spears, unless she glamoured her to be Tripp and should also show Tripp going in to that hospital room. I would guess that Mardevil would erase the footage.

Belle is going in the right direction about Brady being framed, but not by Kristen. Think a bit more.

Yeah, Philip has went off the deep end, but after years of all the  Chloe/Brady games, and what he overheard, I see where he thought she cheated. Do I wish he’d have been more adult about it and just confronted them right then and there, when he overheard Brady and Chloe in the office? 100% YES! But I get his disdain for Brady. Sooooooo….

I don’t think he deserves any time In prison/jail for it. Brady is just fine, as he was released from the hospital sooner than he should have been. Going to the scene of the “crime”, with no professional there to “help” his memory.
And Belle..ugh! She shouldn’t be on the case. Neither should her incompetent cop of a husband. They embarrass themselves.

Loving the Mardevil/Jan Spears twist. Just really disappointed at the lack of attention to detail with the devil, leaving Trippy’s hideous bracelet on him after morphing into Jan. Unfortunately that’s probably how they’ll figure it out.

I don’t really care that they’re toying with ShawnBelle. They’re so boring to me, this will be better than watching the real Belle with Shawn. 

• Love 5

Ron must really like Heather Lindel to continue to bring back Jan for one plot contrivance after another.  I like her, too, but she's an interesting performer, and I wish they'd give her something more than the usual Plot Point BINGO.  

So MarDevil can slam the door in Tripp's face but she needs Kayla's key card to open Jan's hospital door?  It's like there's a Quota for Stupid with this Possession 2.0 storyline.  

Kate trying to reason with Philip's current state of insanity was some of the best material they've given Lauren Koslow in months.  Really enjoyed those scenes.  

And it was weird how I actually didn't roll my eyes as far back as possible when Nadia Bjorlin was trying to emote during Chloe's scenes with Kate.  She kinda did a good job, for once.  But I loved it when Jan called Chloe the Most Vapid Person on the Planet.  

• Love 8

I hope we get a scene when the nurse comes in to check Coma Jan's  catheter and discovers things aren't exactly as they were on the earlier shift.

With this hospital, they probably won't even notice.

Loved Philip and Kate today in a big way.  But nothing beats Tripp's makeover.  Nothing.

• LOL 9
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, Chellfairy said:

I don’t think he deserves any time In prison/jail for it. Brady is just fine, as he was released from the hospital sooner than he should have been

Brady didn't go to jail when he had EJ beaten up so badly that he landed in the hospital with worse injories than Brady.

And Nicole is now totally cool that Brady threatened to send her to prison for murder if she didn't dump Eric after she cheated on Brady with him. 

Philip will be just fine.

• Love 5
3 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

Characters have forgiven far worse so I doubt Phillip is doneso forever now. I mean, I hope they never put him back with Chloe, but I don't think it's out of the realm of possibility. Ciara is married to Ben lol.

Ugh, I can't believe I'm actually going to slightly defend Ciara/Ben here, but Ciara got together with Ben after they gave him the mental illness excuse. Plus, Ben never hurt Ciara before they got together. If I was Chloe there is no way in hell - unless he got some intense therapy - I'd ever take Phillip back after this. She's already given him chance after chance. With Phillip's insane jealousy, what's to say Chloe smiles at the mailman the wrong way. Next thing you know the mailman's missing and Chloe finds herself arrested for murder and mail fraud. Until Phillip realizes "oops guess I got the wrong idea again" and tries to get his mommy to fix it for him.

• LOL 6
  • Love 4

Sometimes the narrative on this show is fairly obvious. Like Belle’s bitchiness towards Sami and her marriage today is going to bite Belle in the ass once revived Jan comes after her and screws with her marriage again.  Sami’s warning (about Mardevil) sealed the purpose of the scene. Belle is living in a glass house and shouldn’t throw stones. She is clearly going to eat crow. 

But I’m sorta torn on how to interpret Lucas right now.  I can’t decide how I think the show is angling this.  On one hand, per today’s reveal, Lucas is not the white knight he’s been trying to play to win Sami back, and yet what Lucas did is decidedly something EJ would do, the person Sami is still blindly in love with. Ironic kind-of, but I’m not sure if Ron deserves that kind of credit yet. Also, I found it interesting that the show has re-interpretated their history—Lucas now believes Sami was always his true love, discarding Carrie as a distraction.  While I agree I never thought Lucas was truly in love with Carrie, more just infatuated with her, I don’t know if I agree (as it played out back then) that Lucas was also in love with Sami either. At least not from get-go.  I’m more inclined to believe that both were too young and immature for love at that time but grew to love each other whether in spite of or because of the things they shared and did.

The narrative I have no clue about is Lani. Are we supposed to be rooting for her? Are we supposed to be sympathetic to this life shocker she’s been dealt? Because I kept thinking today “what a bitch.” All I can extend to her is that finding out your aunt is really your mother would certainly throw anyone for a loop and make you reevaluate many of life’s significant moments. But beyond that, I’ve got no shits to give for her. Her birth mother never really abandoned her; in fact, she loved her and wanted her so much that rather than a closed adoption with strangers, she gave her to a woman she loved and knew would raise her well in order to keep her safe from an abusive father while still being able to be a part of her life.  I don’t doubt there are adoptees out there looking for their birth parents who only dream of discovering something like Lani’s situation.  I sure hope there’s a scene down the road where Lani realizes that she’s really just butthurt over the unpleasant reality that her real father was a creep and not the upstanding mayor of Salem, and how this psychologically offends her pious and sanctimonious self-imagine. Since the town shrink is “out of the office” at the moment, maybe Lani can run into Jack and have a heart-to-heart with him on the subject. Not only has he been down a similar road, but maybe he can enlighten her what his sister went through when she wasn’t given up for adoption and had to grow up with an abusive father.   

On that note, have they said that Lani's real daddy is dead? I know Paulina got away from him, remarried, and had Chanel to someone else who did pass away, but I've never been clear on Lani's father. 

Edited by Peanut6711
  • Love 5
20 hours ago, tribeca said:

Is there any significance to Allies necklace?

I didn't even notice it.  

18 hours ago, 4evaQuez said:

I would love a Gif of MarDevil hitting Tripp on the head. If it could just endlessly repeat, that would be sublime. 

from twitter:

• LOL 8
3 hours ago, FilmTVGeek80 said:

Ugh, I can't believe I'm actually going to slightly defend Ciara/Ben here, but Ciara got together with Ben after they gave him the mental illness excuse. Plus, Ben never hurt Ciara before they got together. If I was Chloe there is no way in hell - unless he got some intense therapy - I'd ever take Phillip back after this. She's already given him chance after chance. With Phillip's insane jealousy, what's to say Chloe smiles at the mailman the wrong way. Next thing you know the mailman's missing and Chloe finds herself arrested for murder and mail fraud. Until Phillip realizes "oops guess I got the wrong idea again" and tries to get his mommy to fix it for him.

I just don't think any of this matters. It's a soap lol. Besides, like you mentioned with Ben, they can just give Phillip a mental illness and then everything he did doesn't matter anymore. 

Self-righteous Belle doesn't do it for me so the Sami/Belle scenes were a miss. I loved Belle's dress though. But her foundation was way too light for her face.

The Phillip/Lucas scenes were good. Lucas was totally behind Sami's kidnapping. Oh well. I can just fast forward the inevitable Sami/EJ rekindling so I can't really complain, I guess.

The last 15 minutes were preempted. Can someone recap, please?

• Love 4
3 hours ago, Peanut6711 said:

Sometimes the narrative on this show is fairly obvious. Like Belle’s bitchiness towards Sami and her marriage today is going to bite Belle in the ass once revived Jan comes after her and screws with her marriage again.  Sami’s warning (about Mardevil) sealed the purpose of the scene. Belle is living in a glass house and shouldn’t throw stones. She is clearly going to eat crow. 

But I’m sorta torn on how to interpret Lucas right now.  I can’t decide how I think the show is angling this.  On one hand, per today’s reveal, Lucas is not the white knight he’s been trying to play to win Sami back, and yet what Lucas did is decidedly something EJ would do, the person Sami is still blindly in love with. Ironic kind-of, but I’m not sure if Ron deserves that kind of credit yet. Also, I found it interesting that the show has re-interpretated their history—Lucas now believes Sami was always his true love, discarding Carrie as a distraction.  While I agree I never thought Lucas was truly in love with Carrie, more just infatuated with her, I don’t know if I agree (as it played out back then) that Lucas was also in love with Sami either. At least not from get-go.  I’m more inclined to believe that both were too young and immature for love at that time but grew to love each other whether in spite of or because of the things they shared and did.

The narrative I have no clue about is Lani. Are we supposed to be rooting for her? Are we supposed to be sympathetic to this life shocker she’s been dealt? Because I kept thinking today “what a bitch.” All I can extend to her is that finding out your aunt is really your mother would certainly throw anyone for a loop and make you reevaluate many of life’s significant moments. But beyond that, I’ve got no shits to give for her. Her birth mother never really abandoned her; in fact, she loved her and wanted her so much that rather than a closed adoption with strangers, she gave her to a woman she loved and knew would raise her well in order to keep her safe from an abusive father while still being able to be a part of her life.  I don’t doubt there are adoptees out there looking for their birth parents who only dream of discovering something like Lani’s situation.  I sure hope there’s a scene down the road where Lani realizes that she’s really just butthurt over the unpleasant reality that her real father was a creep and not the upstanding mayor of Salem, and how this psychologically offends her pious and sanctimonious self-imagine. Since the town shrink is “out of the office” at the moment, maybe Lani can run into Jack and have a heart-to-heart with him on the subject. Not only has he been down a similar road, but maybe he can enlighten her what his sister went through when she wasn’t given up for adoption and had to grow up with an abusive father.   

On that note, have they said that Lani's real daddy is dead? I know Paulina got away from him, remarried, and had Chanel to someone else who did pass away, but I've never been clear on Lani's father. 

As much as I hate Lani I actually would like this scene to play out with Jack of all people as he would know.  I'd even settle for a scene between Steve/Lani over this as he would also know on some level.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
4 hours ago, Peanut6711 said:

The narrative I have no clue about is Lani. Are we supposed to be rooting for her? Are we supposed to be sympathetic to this life shocker she’s been dealt? Because I kept thinking today “what a bitch.” All I can extend to her is that finding out your aunt is really your mother would certainly throw anyone for a loop and make you reevaluate many of life’s significant moments. But beyond that, I’ve got no shits to give for her. Her birth mother never really abandoned her; in fact, she loved her and wanted her so much that rather than a closed adoption with strangers, she gave her to a woman she loved and knew would raise her well in order to keep her safe from an abusive father while still being able to be a part of her life.  I don’t doubt there are adoptees out there looking for their birth parents who only dream of discovering something like Lani’s situation.  I sure hope there’s a scene down the road where Lani realizes that she’s really just butthurt over the unpleasant reality that her real father was a creep and not the upstanding mayor of Salem, and how this psychologically offends her pious and sanctimonious self-imagine.

Yes, I think we're supposed to sympathize with her. Doesn't really matter if that's what they want, if you don't, that's fine but I definitely sympathize with her. First of all, this just happened, so her still being "butthurt" over this makes sense. Eventually, she should get over it, but not right now. Secondly, of course, she's upset that he father isn't a good man but an abusive asshole. I think anyone would be. I don't think it's about shattering her self-image. It's great that some adoptees would love to be in a situation like Lani's, but it doesn't make her reaction to her situation any less valid. She's been lied to all of her life. And lied to by a woman who already has told her many lies who she asked not to lie to her. She doesn't owe Paulina immediate forgiveness. 

• Love 4
6 hours ago, Peanut6711 said:

I don't think they have decided that yet. I am just guessing that at some point, he will make a return, maybe go after Lani, who will have to be saved by Abe. Then she will realize that Paulina did what was ultimately, a sign of deep love and all will be forgiven. Just my guess.

• Useful 2
  • Love 5