Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

On 3/15/2020 at 8:08 PM, CanaryFan98 said:

He was way better in his OG run (as were most villains) but for me why he stood out was that he wasn't always bad or one note evil he was way more complex than that. He only became evil after his wife was killed by accident from Roman. 

Course back then soaps knew how to write for villains as well as heroes without making them one note.

On top of that ,Orpheus is simply not a long term character . The man is literally a terrorist and rogue former ISA agent. He would be in jail immediately which is why I am kinda perplexed that Carlivati brought him back .

He works best when he is on short-term wise . 

the Show however could have brought in his son and daughter as full-time characters . they could have been a new  villainous family giving the Dimeras /Kiriakis clan a run for their money. 

They even cast actors who looked the part a couple of years ago and completely squandered them . I'm talking about Brent Foster and Sarah Brown . Brent even looks like he could be George del Hoyo's son. But nope ,let's cast him as Vivian's faux son ,Quinn. Lets cast an experienced actress like Sarah Brown as Madison ,a character who ended up being nothing prominent .Her death meant nothing to the show and Brady quickly forgot about her and he  hopped onto Kristen's bed in no time. 

Plus Ben Western could have been Madison's son.

After all,Orpheus did tell his fellow prison  escapee Clyde that his daughter has a son  .

TIIC brought Brent back a few months later after initially firing him and Quinn went from being Chloe and Kinsey's  pimp to a yoga instructor which I found to be dumb and then the character just vanished .

Quinn could have been the one causing mayhem in salem instead of Clyde .Quinn would have been the one bailing his nephew Ben out of trouble  and so on . It could have been Quinn who whacked EJ and stabbed Sonny etc . Instead of Chloe being a hooker,they should have let Will,T and Chad's peer ,Kinsey be the one ensnared by Quinn and blackmailed to be a hooker . 

This would have freed James Read to play Bill Horton . 

The Horton's badly needed a male patriarch and Bill was it. He is thee Horton's with the darkest history so I can picture him giving life advice to the likes Of JJ,Lucas ,Will ,Abby etc. 

Edited by Rafael
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, Rafael said:

Lets cast an experienced actress like Sarah Brown as Madison ,a character who ended up being nothing prominent .Her death meant nothing to the show and Brady quickly forgot about her and he  hopped onto Kristen's bed in no time

Well, while I didn't watch any of her tenure on the show, her character did emotionally devastate Brady enough to leave him open to Kristen and her manipulations. So for that if nothing else I am grateful she existed. (OG Bristen fan).

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Silver Raven said:

Why do they have Mickey wrapped up in a blue blanket?

Maybe they don't care about gender norms.

I missed a bit of today's ep because of a special report. I only care because I missed the beginning scenes with Evan and Orpheus and that's about the only thing I care about right now.

• Love 3
5 hours ago, tribeca said:

Kristin should not even been in the room with Mickey.  Eric has every right to say no to her holding  the baby. 

As bad as the female characters are written the male characters are written infinitely worse on this show and it will never get better. 

• Love 2
2 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

I only care because I missed the beginning scenes with Evan and Orpheus and that's about the only thing I care about right now.

They did their best to provide some exposition with clunky dialogue a father and son would likely never say to each other.  You may have had a good laugh over it.  

• Love 5

On a shallow note, I thought Sarah looked extra pretty today, her hair was all curly & lush, and Lindsay has a beautiful smile & looked extra "glowy" today.  I am not sure I want to watch her whole world crumble 😞

• Love 4

Wasn't sure today's ep would air here because the PM's press conference ran late.

I laughed at Sarah's laughing at Xander's proposal. She is right. They really haven't actually, er, dated. She did look very pretty.

Nicole is a little too smart and she now has a little too much information. She should have left it alone - had her suspicions - and that is it. She now knows. And Xander will get his message and she will be in trouble.

Evan/Christian, you are no Orpheus. It's odd that the two are related. How evil is this Orpheus now - older and not having the physical presence or smartness that he used to have.

Kristen, you are still not that nice of a person.

• Love 6

Every time I hear Kristen lower her voice, gazeintensely at another person and intone, 

"I'll pray for (fill in the blank), I expect 

giphy.gif

lightning to strike and

giphy.gif

the dead to walk.

Brady, you sure know how to pick 'em.

Oh, I forgot, she's changed.

giphy.gif

• LOL 18
  • Love 3

I don't know what they're doing with Stacy, maybe it's makeup or lighting or maybe the actress had some work done, but she looks much softer in the face and it's a little easier to buy her as this gentle romantic Leading Lady character. It's utter BS of course, and I'm sure she'll be back to screeching and waving a gun around in no time, but this was definitely a different side of the character Stacy delivered today and I want to give her credit for that.

The look on John's face when she hugged him was pretty priceless.

How the hell did Nicole suddenly become Sherlock Holmes in the span of one episode? And why are they rushing this engagement between Xander and Sarah? Don't get me wrong, I'm glad the baby drama isn't going to be dragged out for a million years because it wasn't that well plotted to begin with, but I feel like they skipped over a lot of really important beats. Sarah voluntarily choosing to date Xander should have gone on for at least a month or two before he got up the nerve to propose. He might have even been motivated to propose to her because he would have found out that Nicole had pieced it together. In fact, I could almost see Xander trying to find someone else to take care of Nicole and get her out of the picture so that she wouldn't spill the beans. Yeah, it's shades of stories we've seen before, but it would be kind of interesting here because of course is Ender has promised to do no harm to anyone, especially women. I just think there was story potential there because ever since they started with this Xander Sera romance thing, the big question has been whether or not Sandra can continue to be a good guy and definitely. Now he has caused to go bad again. But I feel like the stories being rushed.

Sarah has clearly learned nothing from her experiences with the Rex and is jumping into an engagement yet again. What does she stand to gain by marrying Xander? Pretty much nothing. They could easily have continued to be a couple for a few years. If she's in any way smart or has self-preservational instincts, she should be really concerned about taking this step.

What year were Orpheus' kids born? Evan/Christian could pass for 30, but that's a bit of a stretch. I like that they folded in the dead female head of the ISA into the story of how Orpheus survived, but exactly what secrets would she have gotten out of him...? Orpheus has been in jail by that point for years so she would have been free to go to prison and interrogate him about anything she wanted prior to the siege....no?

Anyway it was nice seeing Nicole be smart and clever. I'd like to think the writers remembered she was an investigative journalist for a while, but I'm guessing they've forgotten about that and this is just a happy coincidence.

• Love 5
3 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

Sarah has clearly learned nothing from her experiences with the Rex and is jumping into an engagement yet again. What does she stand to gain by marrying Xander? Pretty much nothing. They could easily have continued to be a couple for a few years. If she's in any way smart or has self-preservational instincts, she should be really concerned about taking this step.

This is easily explained: To blow them to pieces once Xander's dirty secrets emerge.

• Love 5
6 hours ago, BuckeyeLou said:

On a shallow note, I thought Sarah looked extra pretty today, her hair was all curly & lush, and Lindsay has a beautiful smile & looked extra "glowy" today.  I am not sure I want to watch her whole world crumble 😞

This pairing was one of the few things the show got right. So, of course, Ron just had to be Ron. Hence my quitting. Nothing to look forward to, and I HATE the Gina/Stevano crap [I know the Gina part is moving, but still], not to mention Cuckoo Kristen being sold as a heroine. Nope.

So I'm glad I won't see Sarah be devastated. One bright spot in passing all of this crap on by, I suppose.

• Love 7
16 minutes ago, WendyCR72 said:

This is easily explained: To blow them to pieces once Xander's dirty secrets emerge.

...fine, but that's why Ron's writing sucks. He's maneuvering Sarah into yet another plot point that undermines her as a character. I want to root for Sarah and think of her as smart, but now she apparently hates Gabi after previously having no contact with her and no reason to hate her...and now she's marrying Xander even though she has every reason not to want to get married or to rush into something with this guy. Rex was a doctor and a sane man. Xander is a certifiable nut job with a huge criminal record. Yes he seems affectionate towards her and sincere, but I continue not to understand why Sarah indulges him when, as far as she knows, the future of her child is equally at stake. Xander was willing to kidnap Holly and keep Nicole in a cage, and he didn't particularly have any specific feelings towards Holly. Imagine what he might do to Mickey, a kid he has grown to love and feel possessive over.

I just hate that they're willing to give Ciara and Ben, an equally problematic couple but one that I have absolutely no taste for, all of these months of courtship, whereas Sarah and Xander are being rushed together because apparently Ron wants a wedding for May. Who cares? It's not like it will be a big fancy affair. They'll just redress one of their sets with a few crappy Christmas lights and then someone will give cliched Interruption dialogue about what happened with the baby switch. It's melodrama done wrong.

When Sarah started laughing, I really hoped that was the writers acknowledging how ludicrous it would be for her to get engaged to him at this point. They made me believe Sarah would say "no, but maybe let's revisit the whole subject in 6 months" or something like that. But nope! She slipped on his ring and sealed her fate and I have no pity for her now.

• Love 6
11 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

Well, while I didn't watch any of her tenure on the show, her character did emotionally devastate Brady enough to leave him open to Kristen and her manipulations. So for that if nothing else I am grateful she existed. (OG Bristen fan).

the only bad thing she did to him was not telling him that she was married .

Marlena did not even bat an eyelid when she learned that Maggie was the drunk driver . IIRC ,Marlena and Maggie used to be friends . why doesnt she seem to give a damn about Maggie? Is it because Eric killed God Daniel ?

but then again , Marlena has probably never had any scenes with Lani Price even though Lani's mum , Tamara Price was Marlena's college roommate and the singer at her first wedding to John. Marlena has never ever asked about her or even look out for her. this is quite bizarre.

Edited by Rafael

So Evan remembered Marlena ? dear lord ,Carlivati the hack has done it again !!!!

So they deaged Orpheus’ son...?

huh ? but this ruins and p!sses on the Roman /Marlena /Orpheus storyline and history . I thought the point of ORpheus kidnapping Marlena and taking her from Eric and Sami and forcing her to play mummy to his 2 kids was to illustrate the similarities between Roman and Orpheus -plus both men's kids were ROUGHLY THE SAME AGE .plus Orpheus wanted Roman's kids to  be denied maternal nurturing while he replaces his dead wife with Marlena since Roman was the one who accidentally killed Orpheus's wife.  what is it with this hack ? first he p!sses on us by de-SORASing Sarah ,even though she grew up with Carrie and attended highschool with Carrie  and now this BS with Evan .

we all know this is nothing but a short-term gimmick designed to boost ratings short-term wise.

I just can't anymore 

when is Corday going to fire this hack writer ? 

12 hours ago, enchantingmonkey said:

They did their best to provide some exposition with clunky dialogue a father and son would likely never say to each other.  You may have had a good laugh over it.  

That does sound like something I would enjoy in an UCG way. I might try to find those scenes.

9 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

What year were Orpheus' kids born? Evan/Christian could pass for 30, but that's a bit of a stretch.

If he should be 30 then yea he easily passes for 30 imo. 35 even.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, peachmangosteen said:

That does sound like something I would enjoy in an UCG way. I might try to find those scenes.

If he should be 30 then yea he easily passes for 30 imo. 35 even.

Technically , he should be 40-45 at least. 

• Love 2
21 hours ago, Rafael said:

This would have freed James Read to play Bill Horton . 

I actually really like this idea. Read could have been better used. Except that bringing back Bill would probably ruin the character, considering the usual hackery.

• Love 4

So David is old enough to know who his father is?  Methinks not.

I had to laugh at Rolf running around wearing a stethoscope.

Why does Days always make babies sound like they're hyperventilating.

Gina has a good point.  Jennifer has no business being in her room.

• Love 6
34 minutes ago, Silver Raven said:

So David is old enough to know who his father is?  Methinks not.

Right! How old is David supposed to be? Like around 2, I guess.

Also, lol at them always using the hyperventilating noise for any baby. It cracks me up every single time.

I love Rolf, Gina, Evan, and Orpheus so today was pretty fun for me. Hell, I even like Rafe! I just ignored Eli and Lani and fast forwarded all Ben scenes.

• Love 4
57 minutes ago, Silver Raven said:

Why does Days always make babies sound like they're hyperventilating.

21 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

Also, lol at them always using the hyperventilating noise for any baby. It cracks me up every single time.

Every time I hear that supposed baby noise, it sounds exactly like the sound my old guinea pig made when she was hungry.

Brady ought to buy her one and put it in a dress.  I bet Kristen wouldn't know the difference.

• LOL 10
  • Love 1
14 hours ago, Rafael said:

Marlena did not even bat an eyelid when she learned that Maggie was the drunk driver . IIRC ,Marlena and Maggie used to be friends . why doesnt she seem to give a damn about Maggie? Is it because Eric killed God Daniel ?

but then again , Marlena has probably never had any scenes with Lani Price even though Lani's mum , Tamara Price was Marlena's college roommate and the singer at her first wedding to John. Marlena has never ever asked about her or even look out for her. this is quite bizarre.

If I remember correctly I believe that there was one scene with Marlena and Lani once she revealed who her mother was. Just that one though. 

Old Days would of had Lani getting close to Marlena while keeping the secret of Abe being her father. 

• Love 2
25 minutes ago, JBC344 said:

If I remember correctly I believe that there was one scene with Marlena and Lani once she revealed who her mother was. Just that one though. 

Old Days would of had Lani getting close to Marlena while keeping the secret of Abe being her father. 

Actually Marlena figured out Lani was Tamara's child when she said that Lani looked familiar then Lani told her.

• Love 2
7 hours ago, Sandman said:

I actually really like this idea. Read could have been better used. Except that bringing back Bill would probably ruin the character, considering the usual hackery.

Bill should have been back when Lucas and Kate came to town years ago.  The show just does not care about Horton men..

• Love 4

James Read is such a good actor. I do enjoy watching him. He deserves a better character and storyline.

I giggled when Gina asked Jenny to find another balcony.

Not interested in Lani and Eli. They got back together far too quickly. Lani, if Eli can find another woman to marry not long after you dumped him - well, forced dumping - chances are he will find another woman.

No, Evan/Christian, the baby has no real clue that you are his daddy. You are someone who took care of him. Same thing.

Do wonder if Dr. Rolf implanted another chip in to Hope to reawaken her as Gina somewhere down the line.

• Love 6

@Frozendiva, I would not be surprised if Rolf did just that and they will save that plot until needed (which is NEVER). KA is not a very good actress as it is, but add that affect and pretend accent and it is just too painful to watch. Glad that she got to have fun, at our expense, but enough.

• LOL 1
  • Love 6

Man, it's been hard for me to focus on this show lately. Times are tough for news addicts like me, lol. But I hope you're all staying safe and healthy! 

Of course the other reason I'm having a hard time is this week's emphasis on Ben, Ciara, Evan, and for god's sake, Orpheus. I'm not even sure what or who would distract me at this point. 

Onward and upward. 

• Love 4

Ciara hasn't cared about her mother in months, and all of a sudden now that Ben isn't going to be executed, suddenly she's all concerned.

102 isn't a fever?

"There's an APB out and it's possible somebody at this hotel may have seen us." "And called the cops." Wow, Christian, really bright, aren't you?

• Love 5
22 hours ago, Pearson80 said:

Bill should have been back when Lucas and Kate came to town years ago.  The show just does not care about Horton men..

Been my mantra for years .... which is why any Horton man not on screen is better off that way.

• Love 1

My impression was that it was really Hope but I've been wrong before.  I wouldn't mind a repeat of Gina pretending to be Hope if the show spent a little time exploring how people believe what they want to be true.  Confirmation bias is an interesting aspect of human nature, and could be used to drive story.  I suspect any writer to bring this up in the "writer's room" would be called a heretic and shown the door, though.   

If Ciara can enter the lethal injection chamber with a gun and a hostage, it makes total sense that Orpheus can enter the prison in dark sunglasses and a hoodie to have a little tete-a-tete with Clyde.  

• Love 6

Too soon to hop on the Hope is back bandwagon.

The show is woefully behind the current reality of social distancing. Too bad it is written and filmed so far in advance.

Evan, you really should find a quieter place to hide - like the Kidnap Kabin.

The show continues to show Ben doing the 'right' thing - tipping off the cops to who Evan/Christian is.

Why would Jack and Doug be having lunch together? Lani and Eli should not be involved in any investigation except as citizen cops and even that is a stretch.

• Love 3

I enjoyed KA today, a lot.  I realize I'm at a table for one but with Show currently, I'll take what entertainment I can get.  For what it's worth, I think Hope is back to being Hope, except when she isn't.  I think she's sorta stuck being Hina for a while.

It was fun watching Evan give Rafe and the Doofus Duo crap today.  My sympathies were immediately with Evan the second Lani started looking at him with contempt.  She's just so awful.  And Eli can take a hike too.  

Orpheus, on the other hand, is as much ff material as Clyde and Ben are.  Don't care and never will.

Bill Hayes just continues to amaze, turning in such good performances, and IMO looking so good at his age.  I know this was filmed a long while back but I pray that him and Susan, and John Aniston and Suzanne Rogers, and all of the cast are staying as safe as possible.

Edited by boes
  • Love 12
3 hours ago, boes said:

I know this was filmed a long while back but I pray that him and Susan, and John Aniston and Suzanne Rogers, and all of the cast are staying as safe as possible.

SAME. Absolutely.

• Love 4

Orpheus. Stupid name, good actor.

it just sounds so campy and reminds me of these viral troll videos from when I was in college that were improvised and the guy in the middle of a long one telling a story said he was hanging out w Orpheus. 

James Read is still pretty much front burner and it’s a testament to a consistent flaw of DOOL. The tape so far in advance but have literally NO foresight. As good of an actor he is I can’t get on board w a pedophile rapist being front burner or layers of him being helpful to Ben, a character they wrote into a corner as well. Black hats on soaps are nothing new but making him unapologetically a child molester and homophobic makes me not want to watch him. Maybe I’m old or soft but I liked the bad guys or criminals to have some sort of morals or kindness, like Adam on AMC (my GOAT) or Asa on OLTL. 

Hope probably still is Gina. I wonder if Gina was somehow brought back by Rolf and has Hope’s memories or chip that would be hyjinks maybe she’s somewhere in Europe or an island going around being boring and sanctimonious while drinking black coffee and eating dry toast and writing tickets for people doing trivial shit.   How very Black Mirror or Us. 

• Love 6

@boes I’m enjoying Show as well.  I’m open to KA giving a good performance.  For one thing, Hope always had a stick up her butt IMO.  With this horrible experience maybe she’ll be less judgey - or not.  

I stand alone in the Team Rafe corner.   I don’t want him sleeping with anyone, but I want him to find David and get back to be with him. 

I’d like Lani and Eli to be back on the Salem PD.  The private detective Club is crowded.  

I want Ciara to blame herself for being too wrapped up in Ben to see her Mom was not herself.  And I want someone to agree with her on that.  (I know, fat chance).  

Im dreading the Baby Sekret coming out.  

• Love 11
On 3/17/2020 at 8:43 PM, Pearson80 said:

The show just does not care about Horton men..

Well, the show only cares about plot, and not character, so the Horton men aren't really unique in that.

How is the David-napping even a plot point? Whatever McMurderpants would (should) have exactly ZERO custodial rights (and has offered no proof of paternity that I can remember). The judge could throw him the nearest lockup until he gives up the kid's location. 

Edited by Sandman
Subject nouns are important!
  • Love 8

I only watched half the show last night but did anyone else catch the writer's goof of having Ciara refer to her Grandpa as "Doug"? It was near the beginning, she was trying to get Hope to wake up and told her "Doug" was with Jack and waiting to hear the news. WTF? Sloppy.

• Love 4
11 hours ago, boes said:

I enjoyed KA today, a lot.  I realize I'm at a table for one but with Show currently, I'll take what entertainment I can get.  For what it's worth, I think Hope is back to being Hope, except when she isn't.  I think she's sorta stuck being Hina for a while.

It was fun watching Evan give Rafe and the Doofus Duo crap today.  My sympathies were immediately with Evan the second Lani started looking at him with contempt.  She's just so awful.  And Eli can take a hike too.  

Orpheus, on the other hand, is as much ff material as Clyde and Ben are.  Don't care and never will.

Bill Hayes just continues to amaze, turning in such good performances, and IMO looking so good at his age.  I know this was filmed a long while back but I pray that him and Susan, and John Aniston and Suzanne Rogers, and all of the cast are staying as safe as possible.

Never a table for one, boes!

Other than Lani and Eli, Show is fast-moving and watchable. [Have you tried Y & R? It's a definition of torture at the mo.]

Orpheus--I find the actor interesting, as I did in his previous appearances, and James Read is such an enjoyable actor to watch as well. The little subplot of their backstory is just that--a little subplot. But I'll take it.

• Love 4

Kate looks great today...nice blouse.

How many times has Maggie walked into that living room and been lied to after catching Xander and Victor scheming? Wake up please.

Xander and Maggie are one of my fave relationships on this show. Wonder whether it will last...

Today's Chad and Stevano scenes were excruciating. I can actually see the actors mentally holding back from running out the nearest exit. Billy looks like he's thinking "never again".

Why does Stevano want Kate dead..?

• Love 4
3 minutes ago, DisneyBoy said:

Kate looks great today...nice blouse.

How many times has Maggie walked into that living room and been lied to after catching Xander and Victor scheming? Wake up please.

Xander and Maggie are one of my fave relationships on this show. Wonder whether it will last...

Today's Chad and Stevano scenes were excruciating. I can actually see the actors mentally holding back from running out the nearest exit. Billy looks like he's thinking "never again".

Why does Stevano want Kate dead..?

Yes why does he want her dead?

• Love 1
20 hours ago, Retired at last said:

Who believes that the real Hope is back? Not me.

Did anyone catch the look she had on her face when she was hugging Doug? Or it could just have been Kristen's terrible acting. 

20 hours ago, Retired at last said:

Who believes that the real Hope is back? Not me.

Did anyone catch the look she had on her face when she was hugging Doug? Or it could just have been Kristen's terrible acting. 

• Love 4

Funny how they can use ISA agents to do their personal work for them.

Why isn't Maggie in jail?

Ron is pandering now.

I really hate to think what discovering that Maggie actually did kill her granddaughter will do to her.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Petunia13 said:

Because she told John and Mar about Stefano and HoGina, so they could swap Marlena w Hattie and foil them?

God this plot has seriously run it's course. 

Now Stevano wants Kate dead? The only ally he actually had. Kate was fine with him being around her only request was that he didn't mess with Marlena. 

The biggest question is "Where the hell is Greta". There is no way in hell Gina wouldn't of arranged for Greta to be in Salem by now. Or when Gina was revealed, Jack would of immediately got in touch with his former best friend to let her know what was going on. 

The more interesting plot would of been for Gina while pretending to be Hope lured Greta back to Salem while she was living with John. That was always her goal for her and Greta to be a family with John.

That was the goal since the writers have clearly forgotten that Gina did get over John and fell madly in love with Bo, but we are not supposed to mention that since it messes with their inaccurate plot. 

• Love 6