Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

17 minutes ago, Petunia13 said:

Something weird or off about Stabi I can’t put my finger on. Although Cin is supposed to be this chemistry factory and love match for the ages and I can’t see or feel it either so maybe my radar is off? 💁🏻‍♀️

source.gif

Then that makes two of us, because I have never felt it with either couple. Not mad about them (minus the "hero" serial killer 🙄 who I legit can't stand), they just don't do it for me.

• Love 4
12 minutes ago, BoldDays said:

Yeh, Lani really bugged me today too. Her viewpoint was irrational, which I would understand from one of Julie’s family members given they’d be dealing with shock and grief, but not from Lani, who has never been shown to have any kind of special relationship with Julie. It felt like Lani just wanting to be high and mighty with Gabi - which really bugs given she was the one who slept with both of Gabi’s boyfriends. I did like Stefan supporting Gabi though her. 

Obviously the Horton moral superiority genes are super powerful - you only need to be they engaged into the family for them to take effect. 🙄

Well said.  Salem was having an especially smuggy day and Lani was belching out more than her fair share of it.  Too bad, while she was it, she didn't find a mirror and start castigating herself for bedding JJ in Florida when he was too drunk to even remember.  Ditto with her jumping Eli's bones when she walked in on Gabi and JJ where Gabi was keeping him from killing himself.  Yeah, Gabi is just so horrible and Lani is such a saint.

Was she maybe wearing Abe's Coat of Many Judgements, or pick up a chronic case of Hortonitis?  Whatever, she can FOAD.  

I ff'd through the "Oh NO, Julie is gonna die" because we all know she's not.  Now, if Show were to do those scenes with a laugh track, and maybe have everyone hit her in the face with a goodbye cream pie, I'd watch.  I'm sentimental like that.

There really was nothing in any of the Eric/Vivian/Thug scenes to indicate it, but nonetheless I found myself wishing that Vivian or the Thug would kick Eric in the nuts and make him cry.  Or even play the "I'm not touching you" game, anything to send him into another tantrum.  Nicole is so gonna wish she'd stayed pretend dead.  

Ben is MY HERO.

giphy.gif

Oh, you ARE, Ben, you ARE!  You saved Julie and you saved Vivian and you did it all without a necktie!   Watch out Ciara, now everyone is gonna want a piece of that.  

I'll have a wing, please.

Tune in tomorrow for another exciting day of Miss Lani Price over-reacting, Julie over-gasping, Ciara overly snotty and some of us, just over it.

• LOL 14
  • Love 4
15 minutes ago, boes said:

Well said.  Salem was having an especially smuggy day and Lani was belching out more than her fair share of it.  Too bad, while she was it, she didn't find a mirror and start castigating herself for bedding JJ in Florida when he was too drunk to even remember.  Ditto with her jumping Eli's bones when she walked in on Gabi and JJ where Gabi was keeping him from killing himself.  Yeah, Gabi is just so horrible and Lani is such a saint.

Was she maybe wearing Abe's Coat of Many Judgements, or pick up a chronic case of Hortonitis?  Whatever, she can FOAD.  

I ff'd through the "Oh NO, Julie is gonna die" because we all know she's not.  Now, if Show were to do those scenes with a laugh track, and maybe have everyone hit her in the face with a goodbye cream pie, I'd watch.  I'm sentimental like that.

There really was nothing in any of the Eric/Vivian/Thug scenes to indicate it, but nonetheless I found myself wishing that Vivian or the Thug would kick Eric in the nuts and make him cry.  Or even play the "I'm not touching you" game, anything to send him into another tantrum.  Nicole is so gonna wish she'd stayed pretend dead.  

Abe's Coat of Many Judgements, Julie's "Goodbye" and wanting Vivian or the thug to screw with Eric just because.  I am DEAD.  Good thing Ben came along and gave me CPR (that guy is just going around saving lives EVERYWHERE!)

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
41 minutes ago, Petunia13 said:

Something weird or off about Stabi I can’t put my finger on. Although Cin is supposed to be this chemistry factory and love match for the ages and I can’t see or feel it either so maybe my radar is off?

I like Stabi but it's mostly based on what the actors are sometimes able to accomplish and the rare days when the writing does them justice.  The scenes post-Rafe's shooting were terrific because Gabi felt scared/sad for good reasons.  In turn, that brought out a tenderness in Stefan which led to an organic growing closer that didn't involve awkward exposition or made up stories or moments.

Scenes like that would be part of the growing closer/learning about one another/falling in love phase.  Most importantly, they'd be what establishes just who the duo are as a couple.

Stabi feels like they're being written right now as the writers realizing they need to give them something to do but they didn't take the time to actually define who they are as a couple.  And it's clear it's just treading water time between  plot points.

The actors are doing their best but it feels labored because the writing is labored.

• Love 11
2 hours ago, boes said:

Ben is MY HERO.

Oh, you ARE, Ben, you ARE!  You saved Julie and you saved Vivian and you did it all without a necktie!   Watch out Ciara, now everyone is gonna want a piece of that.  

I'll have a wing, please.

LMAO. Seriously can they stop with the Ben saves someone’s life crap?!? Even as a Ben fan, I’m so over it. We get it, you’re trying to redeem him. But redemption stories are about remorse, conflict, pain and insecurity, not heroism. Having him save more lives than he has taken is not the way to go. It doesn’t work like that... especially when one of those he saved is Julie! 

Edited by BoldDays
  • LOL 2
  • Love 7
9 hours ago, Petunia13 said:

Lani’s wig should be considered a federal crime.  

I literally loled!

Something weird or off about Stabi I can’t put my finger on. Although Cin is supposed to be this chemistry factory and love match for the ages and I can’t see or feel it either so maybe my radar is off? 💁🏻‍♀️

I agree.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, BuckeyeLou said:

I like Xander & Sarah's scenes.  

I do too but I liked them better before Xander started acting all woobified around her. PT is just terrible at playing it lol.

I loved the Dorian Vivian/Stefan scenes. They're giving Vivian great lines and RS is doing her best to overact them all to perfection. Love it!

Also loved the Kate/Gabi scenes. And I liked Gabi's outfit in spite of (or maybe because of) the fact that apparently they were trying to dress her as Sporty Spice. Kate's outfit was great too with how un-matchy it was.

• Love 5
18 hours ago, QueenSerena said:

source.gif

Then that makes two of us, because I have never felt it with either couple. Not mad about them (minus the "hero" serial killer 🙄 who I legit can't stand), they just don't do it for me.

I also like to join in I don't really feel anything for either pairing I think they are attractive etc but the writing isn't there to match the chem and its glaring. The best part of both pairs is that it keeps these characters away from people I actually like.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

I do too but I liked them better before Xander started acting all woobified around her. PT is just terrible at playing it lol.

I loved the Dorian Vivian/Stefan scenes. They're giving Vivian great lines and RS is doing her best to overact them all to perfection. Love it!

Also loved the Kate/Gabi scenes. And I liked Gabi's outfit in spite of (or maybe because of) the fact that apparently they were trying to dress her as Sporty Spice. Kate's outfit was great too with how un-matchy it was.

Yes to all of this, especially the wardrobe critique. I’m constantly surprised at how Kate/LK manages to pull off “un-matchy” (love that description @peachmangosteen 😁). It shouldn’t work but LK always seems to manage to make it somehow. 

Edited by BoldDays
  • Love 4

Ciara to Ben “I would kill for a cup of coffee “😳

Eric hugging Nicole touching her face making sure it wasn’t plastic. 

Victor acting all Godfather mafia.   Vivian acting overly dramatic. Glad her doctor insisted she drink.  I wasn’t following Stefan and her talk about Ivan.  Can anyone explain?  

• Love 4

Vivian's bottomless liquor flask! After two or three gulps, it would have been empty!

Did like her and Stefan's lines about both being nothing who they were originally.

Gabi, you did indeed fall in love or lust with the person you hated. Kate was right. Kate's outfit was a bit odd today, but the colours did work.

So Ben, are you going to tell folks that you offed someone else?

The Goons R Us agency must have a shortage of decent goons if Eric can take one on.

I did like his and Nicole's reunion - and him touching her face to see if she was real.

Enjoyed Sarah and Xander. He looks good in a suit and seems to genuinely have a soft spot for her. She wouldn't notice that there would be a possibility that she was preggers?

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, Frozendiva said:

The Goons R Us agency must have a shortage of decent goons if Eric can take one on.

Eric successfully knocked out Xander in Greece. You don't know!

Omg, we finally saw Nicole today? I have to go watch it....

• Love 2

I need a support group.  I have a serious weakness for redemption.  So put me “all-in” on the Xander/Sarah story.  Is there an official portmanteau for them? Xarah? Sander?  I’m gonna go with Xarah until told otherwise.  First off, I totally believe Xander is truly in love with Sarah.  I swear he sees little cartoon birds and butterflies floating about her, even when she’s ralphing.   I also really appreciated Sarah’s vulnerability here.  First off, let’s acknowledge she was an idiot for: 
- marrying Rex when she loved Eric
- sleeping with Eric the same day she ended her marriage to Rex
- EVER thinking she could have long term happiness with Eric unless she personally had salted and burned Nicoles bones and scattered the ashes across the globe
Having said all that, her face when Xander was gushing was very sweet and she needed that outpouring of love.  Rex and Eric have praised her in the past but I don’t think either have felt as deeply personal as what Xander said to her.  When you get praised, kind of generically, it can roll off your back if you actually have low self-esteem.  But Sarah BELIEVED Xander’s words.  And that was a kindness she desperately needed at this moment.  So... count me in for Team Xarah.

In other important news: ERIC BRADY HAS PROCREATED.  Yes, he’s back with Nicole, but there’s a real chance Eric will get to play ‘Dad’ someday in soap-opera land.  I sure hope so, it’s a role he’s been ready for his whole life.  

I’m also a fan of Ericole.  I despise Mopey McMoperson making a reappearance, but I totally bought the lengths he would go to to get to Nicole.  Pavilion response and all.  Also, that second guard was WAAAAAAY to big for the former priest to take down.  Yeah, he’s got a LOTTA rage on his side but the guard had him by at least 50lbs and 4 inches. And he was holding a gun.  Still, I was thrilled to see the sappy/happy/reunion with Nicole.  

In other news:
- Ben will be given the keys to the city by New Year’s Day. He kills a guy in a struggle and has time to get Dorian (no, she’s not Vivian, she’s Dorian) back to Salem and then buy the Horton’s breakfast to go at the pub.
- Kate, I love you very much but you do not get to know when Stefan is every day
- Victor, in his chair, suddenly wakes up to Ciara dating a serial killer.  This is not going to end well for Victor (or Xander). Seriously, the framing of Cin’s reunion was all Harlequin Romance.  

From previous episodes:
- ITA, Jennifer is at her best with Jack
- Julie completely deserved the talking Eli gave her
- I miss Chloe already
- I literally do not understand Hope Brady
- Despite being a blow-hard and a buffoon, Gabi should have at least taken Julie’s phone out and called 911 - I can see the guilt weighing on Gabi in the future

• Love 7
10 hours ago, tribeca said:

Victor acting all Godfather mafia.   Vivian acting overly dramatic. Glad her doctor insisted she drink.  I wasn’t following Stefan and her talk about Ivan.  Can anyone explain?

I assumed it was Vivian's ex. She said something about him being the reason Stefan and her were apart. I assume he's maybe a 'bad man' and that he made Vivian give up Stefan or something.

I typed Dorian first every time I meant to type Vivian lol.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, peachmangosteen said:
12 hours ago, tribeca said:

I wasn’t following Stefan and her talk about Ivan.  Can anyone explain?

I assumed it was Vivian's ex. She said something about him being the reason Stefan and her were apart. I assume he's maybe a 'bad man' and that he made Vivian give up Stefan or something.

Ivan used to be her servant who was in love with her.  They had a happily ever after exit.  I wasn't around for the explanation of why she split from Ivan but he was never a "bad man."

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
On 9/2/2019 at 6:01 PM, BoldDays said:

As the lone Ben fan on this board (albeit one who doesn't want him to become some white hat hero), I gotta say that I absolutely loved Julie's "don't kill me" line to him. It cracked me up that even as she is dying she continues to be bossy and critical. So true to character and very funny.

You’re not alone. I’m a fan and I also got a kick out of that scene. And, Today I laughed when Xander used a necktie on Ben.

• LOL 3
  • Love 2

Uh, Vic, Jordan isn't a Weston.

Are we supposed to believe that Victor can manually strangle anybody?

I wonder if Ben will tell Ciara her grandfather tried to kill him.

Was Victor planning on rolling up Ben's body in yet again another of Maggie's Persian rugs?

• LOL 6
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, DaphneCat said:

Ivan used to be her servant who was in love with her.  They had a happily ever after exit.  I wasn't around for the explanation of why she split from Ivan but he was never a "bad man."

Didn't Vivian say something in those scenes about him being the reason why her and Stefan were torn apart or whatever though? I mean, I don't pay super close attention so maybe not lol.

I fast forwarded through so much of this ep that I can barely comment. I think I only watched the Vivian/Kate scenes, which were OK but not great.

• Love 2

Tripp showed interest in medicine. Claire showed interest in music.  Has Ciara ever showed any interest  in business?  The other day Victor called Ciara the family hope or some nonsense.  Today Brady called her one the brightest.  I just don’t see it.  

• LOL 2
  • Love 11

It is pretty random. She was studying at one point but otherwise I don’t recall her expressing interest in any career. She desperately needs something though, so I’m willing to overlook the WTH of it all. And the Kiriakis side of her family is way cooler for her to be involved with.

2 hours ago, DanaMB said:

You’re not alone. I’m a fan and I also got a kick out of that scene. And, Today I laughed when Xander used a necktie on Ben.

Glad to hear it @DanaMB! 😁👊

I also laughed a lot during those scenes today - they were entertaining and fun. I love JA and everyone seems to get better around him. His response when Ben called him “Gramps” was priceless - nod of the head, he’s done. 

Edited by BoldDays
  • Love 3

I don't know why they didn't set that whole scene in the same garden shed where Xander had his neck cut by Victor. It would have added some deeper historical significance, now that Xander was the one doing the killing and threatening instead of being the victim, and it would have made a hell of a lot more sense than trying to kill Xander in the middle of the family living room when there are three dozen people living in the house at any given time. Seriously, Justin, Adrienne, Sonny, Will, Sarah, Brady, Maggie or the staff could have walked in!

And then Brady did. Shouldn't those double doors have a lock on them?

There's an upsetting lack of logic in Salem.

• LOL 2
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, tribeca said:

Tripp showed interest in medicine. Claire showed interest in music.  Has Ciara ever showed any interest  in business?  The other day Victor called Ciara the family hope or some nonsense.  Today Brady called her one the brightest.  I just don’t see it.  

Not only that but Ciara herself thinks she's bright and that she's a fast learner and apparently, she's used to being underestimated and I'm left to wonder where this all happened because if anything, Ciara is overestimated by everyone around here or otherwise we wouldn't get to hear about how strong and wonderful Ciara is and seriously, she's the family hope?!  WTF??!! 

Edited by kitmerlot1213
  • Love 9
20 hours ago, TenaciousWarrior said:

Am I the only one who doesn’t like Ericole? I just don’t see the chemistry and Nicole seems watered down with him.

I don't care for them either I didn't mind them in the 90s but Eric had more of an edge and wasn't a self righteous hypocrite. However I agree Nicole is defanged for him she needs a guy with an edge and not someone that she can easily walk all over. 

4 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

Yeah, I also have no clue what happened to Ivan. He was great. They went to India or something right...?

Yes they went to India apparently Ivan directed films in Bollywood(Mumbai to those who aren't Indian like myself) then FF years later Vivian returns to town with Stefan and tells everyone how Ivan knew about Stefan and kept him from Vivian by letting her think he was dead. Nevermind that was OOC for Ivan to do such a thing and this was a ripoff of what Vivian did to Carly with Nicky...

• Love 3
54 minutes ago, kitmerlot1213 said:

Not only that but Ciara herself thinks she's bright and that she's a fast learner and apparently, she's used to being underestimated and I'm left to wonder where this all happened because if anything, Ciara is overestimated by everyone around here or otherwise we wouldn't get to hear about how strong and wonderful Ciara is and seriously, she's the family hope?!  WTF??!! 

In the aftermath Claire kidnapping Ciara, there were spoilers and a pic released of Ciara and Victor, which never aired. The only thing I can think of is that there were some beats to the story that were planned but we didn’t see. Cause otherwise I agree that the whole conversation around underestimation was a huge WTH. 

• Love 3

Well, I'm no fan of Brady's relationships with women (like ...not at all...and I'll never forgive him for treating Theresa's sexual slavery like an option), but I'm also not on board with the victim blaming.  It's one thing for Kristen and even Victor to suggest Brady had to know who he was sleeping with... but Ciara?  Low blow girlfriend.  Does Brady seem to sleep with a lot of different women? Why yes he does.  But Kristen violated Brady.  Not in the direct-rape she pulled with Eric but false identity is close enough.  So... stop with the victim blaming.  Brady already feels shitty about it.  This 'you had to know' crap is bullshit.  Keep those thoughts to yourself people.

I'm glad Xander wouldn't kill Ben.  No way Victor has the upperbody strength but at least Xander didn't cross the line this time.  

Little Holly is legit adorable.  Let's see her more often.  I know they SORAS'd her a bit.  I'm cool with that.  

I'm also glad that Eric didn't do something stupid like try to hide his relationship with Sarah.

And Sarah is preggers - I'm glad there's no doubt it's Eric's.  But is she going to tell HIM that?  Drama.

Finally, I think it's perfectly legit to want to bring a family member into the business.  Let's get Ciara off to college for a basic business degree.  She got fired at waitressing, she needs to beef up that CV a bit.

• Love 9

When has Victor ever cared about Ciara's welfare or love life? He's old enough to know that either she or Ben will tire of the other and it will run its course and end. Just let it happen on its own. Glad that Xander didn't strangle him. Victor would need to be taken to the hospital if he was remotely successful? With all the servants and other relatives living in the mansion, no one else walked in?

Little Holly is cute. It was decent of Eric to tell Nicole about Sarah. Nicole was dead - no body, no sign of anything. What was he supposed to do? Too bad Sarah is preggers. It will probably be Eric's so he and Nicole won't get a happy ever after moment for a while. Although I would prefer that it be Rex's kid.

Vivian looked like she was out of Sunset Boulevard. Was she in the park? The church mausoleum area? Where? No one would hear a gunshot?

Brady, what sort of skills does Ciara have, exactly? She hasn't been a natural businesswoman or anything and I don't think she has even finished college. What is she going to do? Work her way up from the mailroom?

• Love 6

Victor/Ciara were rather close back when Lauren Boles was in the role I remember when she gave him some bobblehead of a mobster (Capone) I think as a gift. VK's version hasn't interacted w/ him as much as I liked. Plus he did cut off her trustfund when he found out she was dating Ben.

The contrived part is that it took this long for him to do something about Ben.

• Love 6

I don't understand why people are assuming that Sarah is pregnant with Eric's baby. She had sex with her husband within a day or 2 of when she and Eric did. I am sure that since Rex is gone, his name might not even be mentioned, but this is just stupid. Not that anyone likes those "Who's the daddy?" stories, but I had really hoped they would have thrown in another hook-up with Xander so she could have had three possibilities. Imagine how proud Maggie would have been.

• LOL 4
50 minutes ago, Retired at last said:

I don't understand why people are assuming that Sarah is pregnant with Eric's baby. She had sex with her husband within a day or 2 of when she and Eric did. I am sure that since Rex is gone, his name might not even be mentioned, but this is just stupid. Not that anyone likes those "Who's the daddy?" stories, but I had really hoped they would have thrown in another hook-up with Xander so she could have had three possibilities. Imagine how proud Maggie would have been.

Because this is plot driven and they will write it so even if it makes no real sense.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

Simple, she had her period since Rex left.  Then any baby is Eric’s.  Now she’s is just barely preggers BUT, theoretical time line.

Day -3: Rex departs, Sarah and Eric mambo
Day 0: Sarah has period and it’s short, only 4 days and relatively light.  
Day 14: Sarah ovulates, Eric and she mambo again and voila! Conception
Day 28: Sarah doesn’t realize her period didn’t comd
Day 34: Sarah starts tossing her cookies, does a test — pregnant with Eric’s baby.

The question:
Has it been 37 Soap-Days since Rex left?  I would contend it’s close enough. And the math is pretty flexible on ovulation dates — but she would be just 5 weeks pregnant (based on traditional methods of calculation).

• Love 3
2 hours ago, SueB said:

Simple, she had her period since Rex left.  Then any baby is Eric’s.  Now she’s is just barely preggers BUT, theoretical time line.

Day -3: Rex departs, Sarah and Eric mambo
Day 0: Sarah has period and it’s short, only 4 days and relatively light.  
Day 14: Sarah ovulates, Eric and she mambo again and voila! Conception
Day 28: Sarah doesn’t realize her period didn’t comd
Day 34: Sarah starts tossing her cookies, does a test — pregnant with Eric’s baby.

The question:
Has it been 37 Soap-Days since Rex left?  I would contend it’s close enough. And the math is pretty flexible on ovulation dates — but she would be just 5 weeks pregnant (based on traditional methods of calculation).

Exactly, she slept with Eric during her fertile period. 

Edited by Pearson80
  • Love 2
18 hours ago, SueB said:

Well, I'm no fan of Brady's relationships with women (like ...not at all...and I'll never forgive him for treating Theresa's sexual slavery like an option), but I'm also not on board with the victim blaming.  It's one thing for Kristen and even Victor to suggest Brady had to know who he was sleeping with... but Ciara?  Low blow girlfriend.  Does Brady seem to sleep with a lot of different women? Why yes he does.  But Kristen violated Brady.  Not in the direct-rape she pulled with Eric but false identity is close enough.  So... stop with the victim blaming.  Brady already feels shitty about it.  This 'you had to know' crap is bullshit.  Keep those thoughts to yourself people.

Well said.  We all know Brady does his thinking with his winkie brain, but to be fair, his bobblehead brain isn't much bigger.  Ciara, with her dripping-with-contempt comments about Brady made me wish she was still young enough for an extended time out with her unlimited access to her favorite Bouncy House, aka Ben, suspended.  The little twit was insufferably insulting to Brady.  And while she's so completely self-absorbed to have that sort of awareness bounce right off her, I'm not averse to having people bounce pretty much anything else off her every time she opens her entitled, opinionated mouth.   People have a legitimate reason to question Ciara's choice to hitch her ego to the star of a serial killer and she should have the grace to just admit that instead of pretty much hand-waving away the lifetime of pain he's left in his wake for the survivors of the people he murdered.

Ben Weston is actually too good for her.

Is it possible to Greg Vaughn to say any dialogue without using his whisper voice?  If I were Nichole, I'd have knocked him out and gone back on the run.  She must realize that if she reunites with Eric, she's committing herself to a life with the male equivalent of Betsey Wetsey.  

How convenient, and how Salem, for there to be a grave already dug and ready to be filled in!  Tsk, Tsk, Vivian, Stefan told you to stay in your room, no soup for YOU!

Edited by boes
  • LOL 13
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, boes said:

How convenient, and how Salem, for there to be a grave already dug and ready to be filled in!  Tsk, Tsk, Vivian, Stefan told you to stay in your room, no soup for YOU!

Sure - the family of the person who is scheduled to be buried in it won't insist it be dug up again right?  Oh, and we're also to believe Vivian just found a convenient shovel and FILLED IT IN HERSELF!!

• LOL 6
  • Love 1
7 hours ago, Retired at last said:

I’m assuming it is Eric’s because if it is Rex’s there is no real drama, with him off the canvas. I also would have much preferred if Xander as a possible father was in the mix. As it is, I see there being some angst but realistically why would Eric leave Nicole? He loves her and Holly and could still co-parent with Sarah without being with her. 

• Love 6
5 hours ago, DaphneCat said:

Sure - the family of the person who is scheduled to be buried in it won't insist it be dug up again right?  Oh, and we're also to believe Vivian just found a convenient shovel and FILLED IT IN HERSELF!!

Convenient shovels - the new e-scooters!

• LOL 4