Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

34 minutes ago, Silver Raven said:

Who is fighting over Claire?

I'm guessing this is directed at my post re: Chloe, Ciara and Hayley--the three chicks I referenced are pretty but have very little substance and yet they have love interests galore.  I'm not sure why you mentioned Claire.

• Love 2
16 minutes ago, kitmerlot1213 said:

I'm guessing this is directed at my post re: Chloe, Ciara and Hayley--the three chicks I referenced are pretty but have very little substance and yet they have love interests galore.  I'm not sure why you mentioned Claire.

My reading comprehension is nil today.  Sorry.  😕

• Love 2
3 hours ago, kitmerlot1213 said:

Now I love Gabi but in no way she should be listening to Brady's plan of seducing Stefan and stealing DiMera from him--Brady is a moron and his plans never work.

Brady:  "Hey Gabi, why don't you go whore yourself out so I can get what I want?  There will be LOTS of stuff in it for you.  Really.  Trust me.  You will NOT hate yourself in the morning."  I can't think of a sweeter proposition.

Sara:  "I can't have you (right? seriously. no chance, right? one more time, I'm asking here!) so I'm marrying Rex because I love him and have forgiven him."  Now THAT'S a marriage that's sure to last!

Maggie:  "People don't change."

Rex:  "Yet you married Victor."  LOVE the reading for hypocrisy on this one.

It's really not Maggie's place to go to Rex and confront him about past behavior.  It is Sara's decision whether to forgive him or not.

• Love 17

Huh?  When did Eric and Sarah spend a lot of time together after Nicole died?

Man, I'm liking Brandon so much better than Tyler.

Spoiler

Brady is going to drop Chloe like a hot minute the instant Nicole comes back.

• Love 4
(edited)
4 hours ago, kitmerlot1213 said:

I just realized that Chloe, Ciara and Hayley are all very similar in that they are all very pretty but there isn't much going on underneath the surface, yet they have men fighting over them left and right.  Don't get it, don't understand it.

If you don't like any of them, I can see them being lumped together in a resolution like that because it's hard to find positives in characters or stories you dislike. I could totally say the same about entitled Abby and weepy Nicole, both who irritated me even though I don't hate Nicole like I do Abby, when they were on the show and men were fighting over them constantly. I can say that now about hypocritical Hope re: Rafe and Ted fighting over her. Sarah also has men fighting over her currently, one she really wants and the other she's admittedly settling for while a third who doesn't want her is willing to blackmail the one she really wants to stay away for his own selfish reasons. 

I like Chloe well enough but they've not really written much for her this last return. I'm meh on Broe reconnecting cause Brady is just awful but especially when he "loves" a woman and Stefan is still being rehabilitated AFAIC from that Abby wig debacle of a story. I feel like this is more Brady fighting Stefan for Chloe cause Brady wants to control take care of Chloe while the cartel is after her and if he has to screw over others to do it, he will.  

Ciara doesn't have anyone fighting over her. And before she was dating Ben, it was Tripp fighting Ben over her but Ben wasn't fighting Tripp in return. Tripp was actually fighting the ghost of someone who lost interest in her relationship with him more than he was fighting another man... who, again, wasn't fighting him. He then quickly bounced back from Ciara moving on to Ben to be with Claire. Ciara was fighting herself and her mother more than the two guys were fighting each other, IMO.

Haley really only has JJ fighting over her. Days is trying to sell it more as his hero complex wanting to rescue her and his hope that it will turn out to be love between them one day soon than anything else cause even Haley seems like she's somewhat creeped out by his extreme devotion to her so quickly. Tripp also wants to save Haley with this dumb green card marriage but he's not fighting anyone for Haley's affections cause he's not trying to romance her (though who knows what'll happen once Claire is exposed). I get Haley's rationale that marrying Tripp is easier cause it's strictly business whereas JJ wants to make it real. For me, I don't see it as JJ and Tripp fighting each other for Haley but rather JJ not listening to Haley when she asks him to take several steps back from his "we can truly be married" talk before he starts pawing at her and giving her long speeches about trying to save her. I don't care about Haley - I don't dislike her, just mostly indifferent - but JJ comes off creepy in this story rather than heroic. 

I just wish the focus wasn't so much on why the women are "vacuous" but why the men are all making the choices that they are cause I find their behavior more problematic than the women they're fixated on or objectifying. Obviously mileage varies. 

Edited by Chick2Chic
added something
  • Useful 1
  • Love 9
(edited)

Pretentious Brady and thickheaded Rex, who's dumb and dumber?

I take back whatever I said about Mr. frat-boy yesterday. His stupidity and lack of self-awareness are beyond salvation. Sarah shouldn't be stuck with him.  

Mr. soulful eyes's passive aggressiveness is becoming tedious. Is it too difficult to say you want her? 

Brady the "brilliant and persistent strategist" is yet at it again. What makes you think that your plan will work this time after the previous one blew up right in your face?

For someone who claim the "soulless bastard" disgusts her, Gabi surely spends a lot of time barging into his house lol. 

P.S. LMAO no way in hell is Eric or Brady fighting over Sarah. The former's too much of a coward for that. To put it mildly, he's masturbating to her pic at night. The latter's too occupied with his "Chloe First" obsession to pay attention to anything else. The only one who's fighting over Sarah is Rex, and he's doing it in such a hilarious way. 

Edited by Guest
adding more
(edited)

Sarah's makeup is so distracting. And her bangs. I love her dress though. I hate the way LG acts around Eric/GV. It's just way too cutesy for me.

Brady sucks, but he cracks me up. I know it's horrible and stupid, but I am SO here for Gabi seducing Stefan. Bring it on!

Rex calling Maggie out on marrying Victor while whining about him not changing was glorious.

I don't remember anything else lol.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 7

I missed Mon & Tue's eps, but watched today, and I found today terribly boring. I mean, it's not a good sign, is it, when the most interesting scenes are with Victor and Kate. 

I love Eric, but I'm so tired of this stupid triangle.

And, uhm, what else was there today?  Oh, right, Stefan and Chloe.  Whatever. Though I am liking nu-Stefan a lot more than original-Stefan.

And about Brady and Gabi. Guess she already has a thing for Stefan, otherwise she wouldn't be so quick to jump on board Brady's stupid revenge idea.   And is the idea to destroy Dimera?  Or just get Chloe and Holly away from Stefan?  Or both.

Anyway, hope tomorrow is better.

• Love 4

The fact that Theresa was raped and degraded by her captor for years to protect his sorry ass and their son, and then to turn around and suggest that Gabi sleep with the man who destroyed her life is disgusting.

Brady is one self-centered bastard. He makes me sick.

• Love 19
6 hours ago, kitmerlot1213 said:

I just realized that Chloe, Ciara and Hayley are all very similar in that they are all very pretty but there isn't much going on underneath the surface, yet they have men fighting over them left and right.  Don't get it, don't understand it.

And then we get the superb acting of Miss Lani Price.  Eli at least attempted to look annoyed when Stefan called them incompetents, all Lani did was stand there completely expressionless.

Now I love Gabi but in no way she should be listening to Brady's plan of seducing Stefan and stealing DiMera from him--Brady is a moron and his plans never work.

I did like Maggie's warning to Rex but he has no business referencing Daniel's death and Eric's responsibility for it as a way fpr Mags to forgive him too--that was pretty gross.

Because they're nothing but eye candy if you notice the characters on this show have generic characteristics there's nothing about any of them that truly stands out.

Same with the storylines everything is interchangeable no consequences etc.

• Love 4
35 minutes ago, Sidney said:

The fact that Theresa was raped and degraded by her captor for years to protect his sorry ass and their son, and then to turn around and suggest that Gabi sleep with the man who destroyed her life is disgusting.

Except Gabi is willing to do this as revenge and Brady isn't threatening her loved ones so I'm not really sympathetic to Gabi here.

Yeah Brady is a douche but Gabi is a willing participant. Also like all of Brady's other plans they will blow up in his face.

• Love 5

I'm very here for Gabi using her own brand of sex magic to destroy Stefan O. (although we all know how it'll turn out, the standard soapy way), but I do wish it had been her idea versus Brady's.

I was also plenty fine with Rex putting Maggie in check.

• LOL 1
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, CanaryFan98 said:

Except Gabi is willing to do this as revenge and Brady isn't threatening her loved ones so I'm not really sympathetic to Gabi here.

Yeah Brady is a douche but Gabi is a willing participant. Also like all of Brady's other plans they will blow up in his face.

I have no problem with Gabi suggesting to seduce Stefan. I just hate that the suggestion came from Brady. I would have liked to see him say lets try some other way to take him down. At least try to show that he cared. He just came across as selfish and not caring about her feelings at all.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, Sidney said:

Gabi is not mentally incapacitated. She could say no. All it takes is opening her damned mouth. So I cannot jump on the train of thought here that Gabi is being victimized. She agreed of her own free will, Doofus Brady or not.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5

Damn, Maggie, letting a little poison drip from your lips today?  You don't sound all that different from Victor, although you couch things better.  But not that much better.

Rex may be dawg but he doesn't have to listen to anyone other than Sarah and he sure as hell doesn't need to listen to a woman who married Victor.  I'm glad he, nicely, told Maggie to blow it out her high-tone behind.  

And isn't it just a tad nutzoid to interfere so blatantly in the lovelife of a daughter in her 30's??????

Brady's an ass, as usual, and as usual, his plans are stupider than he is.  Gabi agreeing to go along with this nonsense is on her, though.  

StefanO! kicking Eli and Lani out of his house was my favorite part of Show today.  He's right, they are a waste of space.

Eric is lucky that there's been so many women in Salem who seem to be over the moon about giant wet noodles with cow eyes.  

Moo, Eric, MOO.

This thing with Kate and Victor ...... is Show setting up a Kate and Victor rematch?

• LOL 1
  • Love 11
14 minutes ago, boes said:

This thing with Kate and Victor ...... is Show setting up a Kate and Victor rematch?

That was each other's best match.. Kate and Victor were equals and made sense and they were the last romance written by Sherry. Plus, Kate was the first woman that Victor did not have to bully, intimidate or denigrate to be with him.  Kate, Victor and Lucas were an unconventional family and I loved it. 

• Love 5
2 hours ago, Sidney said:

I have no problem with Gabi suggesting to seduce Stefan. I just hate that the suggestion came from Brady. I would have liked to see him say lets try some other way to take him down. At least try to show that he cared. He just came across as selfish and not caring about her feelings at all.

I would prefer if Gabi came up with the idea herself but women can't really think for themselves on this show and the ones that do are barely seen(Jennifer, Kayla).

However Brady being selfish here doesn't bother me I don't get why he's expected to care about Gabi its not like she's showing that much concern for him either.

13 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

That was each other's best match.. Kate and Victor were equals and made sense and they were the last romance written by Sherry. Plus, Kate was the first woman that Victor did not have to bully, intimidate or denigrate to be with him.  Kate, Victor and Lucas were an unconventional family and I loved it. 

I also liked the Phillip storyline as wacky as it was. Course Phillip might as well have never existed at this rate with how he's treated as an afterthought. 

Sheri is gone so she won't be around to write for them.

• Love 2
(edited)
17 minutes ago, CanaryFan98 said:

I also liked the Phillip storyline as wacky as it was. Course Phillip might as well have never existed at this rate with how he's treated as an afterthought. 

Sheri is gone so she won't be around to write for them.

It is a sin that Philip is not in town.  He is the only child of Kate and Victor.  He should be a very dark grey character taking no prisoners with Chloe by his side loving him and supporting him. Chloe could be the person that keeps him from going too far. Philip/Chloe had the chemistry to be a supercouple. Plus, you have Brady, Belle and Shawn in the periphery adding layers to their dynamic.. I always wanted Alexander Kiriakis to challenge Philip for Victor's throne putting Justin and Victor in the middle of their sons' war with one another. I would want that to test the Justin/Victor relationship and that could also pull Adrienne into the mix, since she never liked Victor and never wanted him to influence her children.

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 5
(edited)
22 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

It is a sin that Philip is not in town.  He is the only child of Kate and Victor.  He should be a very dark grey character taking no prisoners with Chloe by his side loving him and supporting him. Chloe could be the person that keeps him from going too far. Philip/Chloe had the chemistry to be a supercouple. Plus, you have Brady, Belle and Shawn in the periphery adding layers to their dynamic.. I always wanted Alexander Kiriakis to challenge Philip for Victor's throne putting Justin and Victor in the middle of their sons' war with one another. I would want that to test the Justin/Victor relationship and that could also pull Adrienne into the mix, since she never liked Victor and never wanted him to influence her children.

See that's a good story and yet we get Sonny(who I don't hate but he's not that compelling as a grey character) and Xander(a retcon Kiriakis who's played by a charismatic actor) along with Victor/Justin as shells of their former selves. 

Alexander is also MIA from this show.

However I'm relieved Phillip isn't on the show he's not nearly as damaged this way. Look at what's become of everyone else.

Edited by CanaryFan98
  • Love 3

I know it seems most here are all about Phillip/Chloe. But me, I don't know why Ron would shove Chloe off canvas (as it is claimed he didn't know what to do with her. And yet Eve is around, why?) when I think she and EM's Brady also had interesting chemistry. They have as much past as Phillip/Chloe as ex-spouses. I think it would have been interesting to see a redux. And see if Chloe could pull the reins in on Brady or if he'd make her a bit grayer.

But then, that would involve history and human emotion instead of strict plot. And we know how Ron feels about that.

• Love 8
12 hours ago, WendyCR72 said:

Gabi is not mentally incapacitated. She could say no. All it takes is opening her damned mouth. So I cannot jump on the train of thought here that Gabi is being victimized. She agreed of her own free will, Doofus Brady or not.

10 hours ago, CanaryFan98 said:

I would prefer if Gabi came up with the idea herself but women can't really think for themselves on this show and the ones that do are barely seen(Jennifer, Kayla).

I don't think Gabi is a victim in any way.  You are right, she does have a choice.  I do however, think it is EXTREMELY sleazy writing  for anyone to suggest to anyone else that they go so far as to have sex with someone.  It was just as sleazy when Victor suggested it to Brady as it is for Brady to suggest it to Gabi.  If he would have suggested she flirt, try to get Stefan to care, and then break his heart, the inevitable scene where they can't resist and have sex would seem somehow human, not dirty.

• Love 9
8 hours ago, WendyCR72 said:

I know it seems most here are all about Phillip/Chloe. But me, I don't know why Ron would shove Chloe off canvas (as it is claimed he didn't know what to do with her. And yet Eve is around, why?) when I think she and EM's Brady also had interesting chemistry. They have as much past as Phillip/Chloe as ex-spouses. I think it would have been interesting to see a redux. And see if Chloe could pull the reins in on Brady or if he'd make her a bit grayer.

But then, that would involve history and human emotion instead of strict plot. And we know how Ron feels about that.

The show tested EM's Brady with Chloe years ago and they sparkled, but, the show put Chloe with Lucas and Dirty Dan. Brady and Chloe have an intense history and were very popular.  A Brady/Chloe/Philip triangle would be amazing and could drive stories for years.  If only we had a competent writer..

• Love 6
20 hours ago, Chick2Chic said:

I just wish the focus wasn't so much on why the women are "vacuous" but why the men are all making the choices that they are cause I find their behavior more problematic than the women they're fixated on or objectifying. Obviously mileage varies. 

I know I post about both the male and female characters I dislike--Brady being an abusive moron for one--but one of my pet peeves is being told how wonderful a certain character is, only to actual watch the character be obnoxious as heck and it just so happens the three chicks I mentioned are guilty of that phenomenon.

Now on today's episode, are we supposed to be cheering Tripp and Haley's lying to ICE because I'm not here for that.  This is a country of immigrants, but the immigrants who live here should be here legally, just like all of our relatives did.

Claire went off the rails when JJ mentioned the fire and Ciara didn't she?  I did love how calmly JJ spoke to Claire though--he can see she's one step away from taking hostages.

• Love 5
39 minutes ago, kitmerlot1213 said:

Now on today's episode, are we supposed to be cheering Tripp and Haley's lying to ICE because I'm not here for that.  This is a country of immigrants, but the immigrants who live here should be here legally, just like all of our relatives did.

Immigration is complex. In a perfect world, people would come here legally, but, it is not that simple. Some people are fleeing for their lives. Some are fleeing religious persecution, persecution for being LGBT, standing up to totalitarian governments e.t.c.  In this climate, Haley would have been deported already and her marriage to Tripp or JJ would make no difference whatsoever.  ICE is ruthless in how they operate. 

• Love 10
(edited)
59 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

Immigration is complex. In a perfect world, people would come here legally, but, it is not that simple. Some people are fleeing for their lives. Some are fleeing religious persecution, persecution for being LGBT, standing up to totalitarian governments e.t.c.  In this climate, Haley would have been deported already and her marriage to Tripp or JJ would make no difference whatsoever.  ICE is ruthless in how they operate. 

I think everyone is very aware of how complex immigration is--in fact I have a very close relative who is a Homeland Security ICE federal agent and I can assure you that he is not a blood-thirsty villain, cackling at the thought of separating families and neither are any of his coworkers.  Rather he and his team and ICE agents across the country are working to keep this country safe.   

I realize that I am very close to this issue, so perhaps I am not the best person to talk about this.

I do wonder if the show wants us cheering for Hayley to beat the system though.

Edited by kitmerlot1213
  • Love 5
19 hours ago, CanaryFan98 said:

Brady overlooks that Chloe is safe with Stefan while Stefan would murder Gabi just as fast as he framed her for murder.

• Love 4
(edited)
1 hour ago, Silver Raven said:

Did Claire take a pillow with her to the hotel but not luggage?

She was packing her bag up in her first scene. Her bringing a pillow with her had me rolling.

Very boring ep. Claire's insanity continues to entertain though.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 4
13 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

Very boring ep.

Funny you posted that, as I found yesterday incredibly boring, but today not so bad.  Course I'm a Cin fan, so I enjoyed them. And now that I'm over my annoyance at what Ron has done to Shelle's little girl, I'm enjoying watching ORK's acting as Claire unravels. LOL.   Hope wasn't even so bad today, and it's a LONG time since I've posted that.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
(edited)
5 hours ago, bobcat1946 said:

Brady overlooks that Chloe is safe with Stefan while Stefan would murder Gabi just as fast as he framed her for murder.

Well Gabi knows Stefan better than Brady does one would think that possibility would've dawned on her first to keep her from going along with this. She wants to though because she's attracted to him(or we're supposed to think she is anyways)

18 hours ago, WendyCR72 said:

Actually I rather see Brady/Chloe. I preferred Phillip with Stephanie myself.  However I can't put this all on Ron these two have been back for the past decade and none of the writers wanted to revisit this relationship. Instead we've had Brady's revolving bed and Chloe being paired with dudes I never thought she sparked with. For some reason soaps these days don't think that couples can actually be interesting together. In the past that wasn't always the case. I mean angst is good but you need to be given a reason as to why they are actually good together. The couple actually needs to be together for that to happen...

Edited by CanaryFan98
  • Love 5

I too enjoyed Abe talking to Jack about the man who he used to be. The man who would fight for the underdog, the man who would support immigration.

Didn't really buy the whole Tripp and Haley stuff with the far too nice ICE lady. Of course they are not real. Yeah, you can meet someone and have love at first sight and decide to get married a few weeks later. Some marriages last, some do not. Jack was sure helpful in letting the ICE folks know that his son kissed Haley. Again, so what.  I can kiss someone or someone's dog and it means zilch. The whole Claire Instagram or whatever App she is on and all her followers and her mentioning Tripp is a bit more real.

Claire is becoming more unhinged. Her whole lighter story is ridiculous - she'd probably buy a cheap one at a store. JJ has every right to be suspicious.

Rafe sure got back from California quickly. Almost like he got off at LAX, met the person who had Jordan's alleged baby, and caught the next flight. How can a cop afford last minute plane tickets?

Who pulled the strings to get Ben a gun? And a permit to carry one? At least he seemed surprised to find out he had a nephew. One issue today with me was his manspreading on the couch. Guess I see too much of it on the daily train.

• Love 4
10 hours ago, kitmerlot1213 said:

I think they do because Hayley is not your typical undocumented immigrant. She's apparently been in this country as long as her "sister" (and I'll never understand why Melinda didn't help get Hayley the proper paperwork), she's been working as nurse for quite a while, she hasn't committed any crimes, and she has lived what appears to be a very productive life.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, MsTree said:

I think they do because Hayley is not your typical undocumented immigrant. She's apparently been in this country as long as her "sister" (and I'll never understand why Melinda didn't help get Hayley the proper paperwork), she's been working as nurse for quite a while, she hasn't committed any crimes, and she has lived what appears to be a very productive life.

You actually just described most undocumented immigrants!!!!!!

11 hours ago, kitmerlot1213 said:

I think everyone is very aware of how complex immigration is--in fact I have a very close relative who is a Homeland Security ICE federal agent and I can assure you that he is not a blood-thirsty villain, cackling at the thought of separating families and neither are any of his coworkers.  Rather he and his team and ICE agents across the country are working to keep this country safe.   

I realize that I am very close to this issue, so perhaps I am not the best person to talk about this.

Do they?  I think that there are a lot of people who don't know how complex immigration is.  They either fall on two sides, undocumented immigrants are the boogymen or ICE agents are soulless xenophobes. 

I'm not the biggest supporter of this particular story because I find it missing some really interesting beats but I do like what the character of Haley represents as a "face/profile" of most undocumented immigrants.

• Love 5
12 minutes ago, JBC344 said:

You actually just described most undocumented immigrants!!!!!!

Not where I'm from. They arrive here hidden in the back of a truck, van or other vehicle. They don't speak a word of English, but learn real fast how to get food stamps and/or government housing...and a few who don't, have no problem committing a crime/petty theft.

• Love 1
(edited)
3 hours ago, MsTree said:

Not where I'm from. They arrive here hidden in the back of a truck, van or other vehicle. They don't speak a word of English, but learn real fast how to get food stamps and/or government housing...and a few who don't, have no problem committing a crime/petty theft.

Interesting.  Where I'm from Haley is a strong representation of undocumented immigrants.  Hence the complexity.

Edited by JBC344
  • Love 6
On 4/3/2019 at 11:24 PM, boes said:

And isn't it just a tad nutzoid to interfere so blatantly in the lovelife of a daughter in her 30's??????

YES. As a mom of a 30 y/o woman, YES YES YES. And it's ridiculous that either of us has to say this out loud : )

• Love 4
(edited)
5 hours ago, JBC344 said:

Interesting.  Where I'm from Haley is a strong representation of undocumented immigrants.  Hence the complexity.

Same for where I live.  Undocumented immigrants have a lower crime rate here than the general public.  

As for yesterday's show, I couldn't get through the whole episode and even Claire's crazy wasn't doing it for me.  

I hate the hamfisted immigration storyline, dislike Jack and Eve and I'm not too crazy about Haley, either.  Ditto Ted, Abe and if there was more about Will and Sonny I had turned it off before those scenes came on.

Give me Gabi or give me ....... a free hour in my day......

Edited by boes
  • LOL 2
  • Love 6
16 minutes ago, boes said:

Give me Gabi or give me ....... a free hour in my day......

+1 lol.

I also enjoy Claire a lot, but I hate/am bored by the story she's currently in and the people she's in it with.

There's individual moments/characters that I really enjoy, but overall none of the stories are really working for me right now.

• Love 6

Definitely a concerning lull for me - they should have had something big to fill the vacuum after Chabby left. Or was that supposed to be either Leo/Diana silliness or Ben and Ciara's romance? Probably. They missed the mark, with me at least. 

Claire is pretty entertaining, although watching a creative young woman descend into madness isn't usually my cup of tea. 

Hope there's some Jenn/Jack-minus-Eve in the near future. 

• Love 2
3 hours ago, Silver Raven said:

JJ should have announced that he had already slept with his father's fiancee.

Yeah.  But at least the show addressed why Abe wasn't throwing some of Jack's past dirty deeds in front of him.  And it was actually a good reason I could see other friends of Kayla using.

But in this day and age, it should be all over social media.

• Love 7