Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

4 hours ago, howmanywords said:

Mrs. Horton's death by choking on her donuts till this day remains one of the most horrible and controversial deaths. 

I had stopped watching the show by the time those murders were taking place, but I heard about them killing off Alice Horton on the radio, or maybe an ET type show. And I was appalled that Days would treat Frances Reid that way. So I can imagine the response of the fans who were watching.  So it was Marlena "killing" everyone?  

I've missed several shows, so haven't had the "pleasure" of seeing KM's Abigail yet.  How is she doing?  As annoying as before?

• Love 4
3 hours ago, Chick2Chic said:

Interesting. Sami didn't strike me as anymore obsessed than other pairings where one half is running around town talking about the other half. Considering other pairings run around talking about the other constantly and especially in storylines where one is missing or in danger, I didn't see it as anymore of an aberration than when other characters do it. Then again, if Corday hadn't been petty about AS and JS quitting the show, then he wouldn't have had to correct things later with this story. Then again, if Sami was obsessed with EJ, that means she doesn't want anyone else (which I already figured but I found it intriguing that the show wanted to hammer that point home very hard).

Except for all those years where Sami didn't want EJ, she wanted Rafe and before that Lucas.  I still think this is just more of Corday taunting the Ejami fans with, "See now that AS and JS have left, I'll give you the couple you want," because I do believe Corday is that immature and petty.

• Love 5

Is there any difference between Kate Mansi's Gabby and Abigail?  That really made me miss Marci Miller.  I was impressed that Tyler Christopher was able to pull off a moving performance with her.  

Ted was laying it on so thick that Ben's confession would be confidential that it sounded like a set-up from a mile away.  

I enjoyed Chad and Sonny's confrontation much more that I thought I would.  You never know what those two actors are going to bring to a scene.

Also enjoyed Kate and Will, although Lauren Koslow's hair looked like her stylist was mad at her.  

• Love 8
21 minutes ago, enchantingmonkey said:

Is there any difference between Kate Mansi's Gabby and Abigail?  That really made me miss Marci Miller.  I was impressed that Tyler Christopher was able to pull off a moving performance with her.  

I did not see any difference with Kate. Marci's Gabby was more different because she played Abigail like a mousy meek young woman. Whereas Mansi was always a vixen as Abigail.  The show just wanted us to view her as a heroine and it fell short. If Ron wanted to use his usual DID, he should have used Theresa and not Abigail.  Kim told us that Theresa dyed her natural blonde hair, black and started going by Theresa instead of Jeannie.  

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 7

Only difference between Gabby and Abigail seemed to be the hospital gown shoulder pulled down. It just seemed that Abigail was pretending to be Gabby.

Gabi, you slipped up today leaving the crumpled password behind in Kayla's office. She can, of course, blame it on the secretary/assistant.

Ted, anyone can smell that you are looking for/are desperate for a confession. As a lawyer, your job is to represent your client. Ben isn't that dumb. Just Hope, Hope, and more Hope. Serve Rafe right to think she is cheating on him.

Kate and Will make a nice family.

Chad and Sonny were actually good together in their confrontation. Who knew.

• Love 5

I'll come off as a Mansi/Abigail apologist, but I kept thinking how hard it must have been to dive into this character again when she's in such a crisis. And then, within two episodes, pull off that character pretending to be the second of three personalities, lol. Having said that, I also saw barely a difference between Abs and her Gabby -- without the hair color, it's pretty hard to tell. Marci owned that Gabby role, and would change even her way of  moving. Still, all of these considerations make it pretty entertaining to watch in my opinion. 

Chad and Sonny were great. I do love when Flynn lets those baby blues of his fill up, lol. 

I adore Kate for no good reason and I always will. I hope she's redeemed a bit after the appropriate amount of suffering : )

• Love 7

KM is hilarious. I mean, that's definitely not what they're going for, but I enjoy the comedy so I'm here for her performance tbh. I can't tell if we're supposed to think Abigail is actually going crazy now or if KM is just terrible at acting lol. I actually fast forwarded a lot of the Stefan/Abigail scenes though because I was pressed for time, but I may go back and watch. I need to see more of KM being terrible and from what I saw in fast forward it looked like TC was actually pretty decent.

So, Gabi did have a coat. Still a bit odd to wear a sleeveless dress, but that helps. 

I love Kayla. She never really gets to do anything, but she somehow always makes me enjoy the little they give her.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 9
6 minutes ago, Lastwaltz said:

TC was pretty decent in those scenes @peachmangosteen -- he looked absolutely torn up. With tears. And I hated feeling the least bit sorry for that bastard.

I felt the same way, Lastwaltz.  He's been so uniformly bad since he started that I wasn't prepared to actually like a scene he was in.  But he was pretty good!

1 hour ago, Lastwaltz said:

I adore Kate for no good reason and I always will. I hope she's redeemed a bit after the appropriate amount of suffering : )

Me too!  Maybe she can get some redemption simply for being forced to spend yesterday in that fur coat that made he look like a Furby come to life?

• Love 9

KM's take on Abby pretending to be Gabby to seduce Stefan was odd. I still think the story is terrible and Ron handicapped the character of Stefan but introducing him with this story. Anyways, her Gabby was very unlike MM's and seemed like a completely new alter. I wish Abby had used some of her time locked up to reflect and acknowledge how Gabi must've felt in prison and away from her child but que sera. 

I liked the Kayla and Ciara scene. 

18 hours ago, TigerLynx said:

Except for all those years where Sami didn't want EJ, she wanted Rafe and before that Lucas.  I still think this is just more of Corday taunting the Ejami fans with, "See now that AS and JS have left, I'll give you the couple you want," because I do believe Corday is that immature and petty.

No one is denying that Sami wanted other men in her past. She also wanted Austin and Brandon at some point. We all know she did. Then she didn't. None of who Sami wanted in her past changes who she wants now. It doesn't change my point that Sami's behavior wasn't any more "obsessed" than other pairings where one half talks about the other half a lot, especially when that half is missing, hurt, or in danger. 

Pretty much all of the characters on the show have had past loves who they wanted at some point and that doesn't negate nor change who they love or want currently. 

Edited by Chick2Chic
fixed something.
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Chick2Chic said:

Pretty much all of the characters on the show have had past loves who they wanted at some point and that doesn't who they love or want currently. 

Case in point most recently, John. Marlena was shot and in a coma. She was his number one priority but had scenes with other characters and talked about their stuff.

Sami shared scenes withvarious people and while she did talk about EJ, she also was concerned about her mother, John, her siblings, her son, and her exes. She originally came to the town because of Marlena and didn't even know that EJ was alive until she stumbled into the middle of the wedding drugged out if her mind after Kristen kidnapped her.     

• Love 2

Leo's delight in putting the screws to Will and Sonny - you know, the twinks (heh) who ALMOST MURDERED HIM and TRIED TO DISPOSE OF HIS BODY LIKE TRASH - is delightful.

Meanwhile, Kate calling him a piece of work, given her own resume, is quite ridiculous.

Shut up, Rafe.

• Love 7
2 hours ago, Chick2Chic said:

KM's take on Abby pretending to be Gabby to seduce Stefan was odd. I still think the story is terrible and Ron handicapped the character of Stefan but introducing him with this story. Anyways, her Gabby was very unlike MM's and seemed like a completely new alter. I wish Abby had used some of her time locked up to reflect and acknowledge how Gabi must've felt in prison and away from her child but que sera. 

I liked the Kayla and Ciara scene. 

No one is denying that Sami wanted other men in her past. She also wanted Austin and Brandon at some point. We all know she did. Then she didn't. None of who Sami wanted in her past changes who she wants now. It doesn't change my point that Sami's behavior wasn't any more "obsessed" than other pairings where one half talks about the other half a lot, especially when that half is missing, hurt, or in danger. 

Pretty much all of the characters on the show have had past loves who they wanted at some point and that doesn't who they love or want currently. 

Yep Jen and her endless Jack Jack along with Marlena and endless JOhn talk and that went on for years.

• Love 3

The stupidity! Ted fits in perfectly with the Hope/Race coupling. Another one that doesn't seem to be all that bright. And he's a lawyer?? That phone call to Ben was so transparent.

Leo is making Sonny & Will so much more interesting. CM still seems to be looking like a deer caught in the headlights.

• Love 3

Leo reminds me of Nick in that him being a threat to Will would push Kate, Sami and Lucas to crush him like a bug. 

I loved Kate doing the right thing for Will. 

Kate Mansi's Gaby sucks and that awful wig made her look cheap.

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 5

Chad, is not any of your business what Gabi talks to her doctor about.

Was Hope on duty when she wandered over to Smith Island and drank?

Does the general viewing public know what twink means?

"I'd like to say I'm glad to see you, Kate, but that would be a lie."

Does it really take a gay IRL actor to accurately portray a gay character?  Is Greg Rikaart throwing in the "twink" and "butch" references himself, or is Ron actually finally doing it? Why doesn't he do it for Will and Sonny?

"Everybody gets their happily ever after  Well, maybe just me."

• Love 7

I'm finally getting around to watching yesterday's show online, and I caught a goof.  Kate said she was afraid to come clean about Leo because "Victor" would make it his life's work to destroy her.  I assume she meant Stefan.

But ugh, I hate watching online.  They stack ads.

Edited by Silver Raven
Why do my posts keep doubling up?
  • Love 3
7 hours ago, Chick2Chic said:

Pretty much all of the characters on the show have had past loves who they wanted at some point and that doesn't negate nor change who they love or want currently. 

And my point was that Corday didn't have Sami become this obsessed with EJ until AS and JS left the show.  Which is why I believe this is all about sticking it to the Ejami fans because Corday is a jackass.

3 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:

Leo reminds me of Nick in that him being a threat to Will would push Kate, Sami and Lucas to crush him like a bug. 

Except that Kate, Sami, and Lucas didn't get to crush Nick.  Yet another idiotic plot point in a long line of idiotic plot points.

• Love 5
4 hours ago, howmanywords said:

The stupidity! Ted fits in perfectly with the Hope/Race coupling. Another one that doesn't seem to be all that bright. And he's a lawyer?? That phone call to Ben was so transparent.

Leo is making Sonny & Will so much more interesting. CM still seems to be looking like a deer caught in the headlights.

Yet Ted ate Justin's breakfast in court.

• Love 3

I thought Kate Mansi did a better job of being a 'sexpot" than Marci Miller who brought the vulnerability to Abigail.  I am a Marci fan, but thought Mansi did a good job today of being ultra-sexy with Stephan..   So Ben is playing "both sides of the fence"?  I liked Chad & Gabi's talk.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Silver Raven said:

"Everybody gets their happily ever after  Well, maybe just me."

That was the best line of the day.  I'm loving Leo's tormenting Sonny and Will.  As howmanywords said, it makes them more interesting.  I've never been a fan of FS/Sonny - he's either been boring (schmoopy boyfriend/husband) or ridiculous (badass businessman) - but playing a guys who's losing his shit may just be his thing!  As for CM/Will, all I could focus on him today was his unfortunate haircut.  Dude's sporting a part straight out of the combover region of his head.

Also, KA/Hope looks better with longer, softer-styled hair. 

As usual, CB/Gabi is amazing as she twists the knife.  I love it and her.

KM/Abigail is awful in every respect.  She just emanates smug.

• Love 8
On ‎12‎/‎3‎/‎2018 at 1:40 PM, howmanywords said:

Just to echo what @Apprentice79 said, I did watch that ridiculous storyline from beginning to end and there was nothing funny or 'joyful' about those deaths even if the way they were executed were suppose to give off that vibe. James Reilly was twisted. Maybe some people found the story humorous but the large majority voiced how disgusted they were. Mrs. Horton's death by choking on her donuts till this day remains one of the most horrible and controversial deaths. Back then DAYS didn't have a 6 month behind taping schedule so they were allowed to backtrack the whole thing and say none of the victims were dead in the end (IIRC the revision of history turned out to be Andre brainwashed Marlena and the deaths were fake.

And everyone was alive on the island of Melaswen(New Salem) spelled backwards. One of the silliest storylines in daytime. 

• Love 4
55 minutes ago, IWantCandy71 said:

And everyone was alive on the island of Melaswen(New Salem) spelled backwards. One of the silliest storylines in daytime. 

Can we backtrack to, say, pre-Reilly, and give this soap less camp and a little more heart and ground it in some semblance of "reality"?

• Love 5

I liked Leo saying he'll get a happy ending - the Kiriakis money! And sticking it to Sonny.

Chad, it isn't your business what Gabi talks about with her doctor.

Ben should clue in that Ted is being a bit ….. much. My spidey senses would be tingling. What does my former lawyer, who disappeared for months, want? And just came out of the woodwork just now. Hmmmmmm, something smells rotten in Salem and it isn't just Rafe.

Good dude to go out to the Horton Cabin and see dinner for two along with wine.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Kitty Redstone said:

KM/Abigail is awful in every respect.  She just emanates smug.

Doesn't she just?  She can't really play the alter Gabby because that's exactly how she plays Abigail, as entitled and selfish, all with her baby Valley Gurl voice whistling out of her nose.  I think she and StefanO! are perfect together.

Not that there's anything wrong with that, of course.

• Love 9
1 hour ago, boes said:

Doesn't she just?  She can't really play the alter Gabby because that's exactly how she plays Abigail, as entitled and selfish, all with her baby Valley Gurl voice whistling out of her nose.  I think she and StefanO! are perfect together.

Not that there's anything wrong with that, of course.

Well said! Marcy made Gabby very different from Abigail, Kate does not do that at all..

• Love 9

I'm getting a wee bit tired of Leo and his arch , "ain't I clever" comments.  More than a bit.

The douchecanoe is playing his bullcrap in VICTOR KIRIAKIS' home, a guy who could make all this, and him, go away in a flash AND fertilize his roses at the same time.  

Leo isn't a match for any Kiriakis, or Kate, or anyone, even Arianna, for that matter.  Hell, he wouldn't even last one round on Hollywood Squares.

Time for him to have a swimming lesson, ala Nick.

• Love 14
12 minutes ago, boes said:

I'm getting a wee bit tired of Leo and his arch , "ain't I clever" comments.  More than a bit.

The douchecanoe is playing his bullcrap in VICTOR KIRIAKIS' home, a guy who could make all this, and him, go away in a flash AND fertilize his roses at the same time.  

Leo isn't a match for any Kiriakis, or Kate, or anyone, even Arianna, for that matter.  Hell, he wouldn't even last one round on Hollywood Squares.

Thank you, thank you, thank you. There's campy fun and then there's over the top ridiculousness, which is where this has quickly been veering into. So many characters involved have been dumbed down, he's calling two mid-late twenties guys twinks, it's all just too. damn. much. Let us pray for a quick solution a la Victor M'Fing Kiriakis.

• Love 7
31 minutes ago, boes said:

Ooh, I wish I could like this a million, billion, trillion times.  Hell, this needs to be put on a billboard and positioned right outside Ron’s house.

I’m sick of everyone acting out of character, being afraid of Leo and just letting him stomp all over them.  We all know Ron is all about plot over character, but this is a really bad case of it.

• Love 6
12 hours ago, Silver Raven said:

I'm finally getting around to watching yesterday's show online, and I caught a goof.  Kate said she was afraid to come clean about Leo because "Victor" would make it his life's work to destroy her.  I assume she meant Stefan.

No, Victor would destroy her because she messed with his favorite nephew, Sonny, and his company, Titan.

• Love 5

Totally with you re Leo, @boes. The scenes have been entertaining to a degree as others have said, but I don't get much out of the story itself. Except as it relates to Kate, of course, because I love her. 

The wig they gave Kate Mansi to wear as Gabby was weird -- longer than Marci's, plus it looked like it hadn't been tended to in years. And how weird will it be for Abigail to coexist in that mausoleum of a house with both Stefan and Ben? I'm interested to see that play out, but I don't think I can watch Mansi's Gabby slinking around every day. Argh, this show. I'm generous to a fault with both the actress and the character of Abigail, but even I have limits : )

• Love 7

I think Mansi grew in her role of Abby before she left. Then when Miller came on board she took it to the next level. Now, Mansi is back and she isn't in Miller's league. I can understand DOOL wanting to play the story out and bringing her back but I think Abby should have left when Miller left. She was so good. Which is weird since I didn't like Miller her first two weeks when she started. I blame that on the stupid hat they had her wearing. LOL!!!

• Love 11
1 hour ago, ByaNose said:

I think Mansi grew in her role of Abby before she left. Then when Miller came on board she took it to the next level. Now, Mansi is back and she isn't in Miller's league. I can understand DOOL wanting to play the story out and bringing her back but I think Abby should have left when Miller left. She was so good. Which is weird since I didn't like Miller her first two weeks when she started. I blame that on the stupid hat they had her wearing. LOL!!!

!00% to every word!

• Love 5

I just don't care for Abigail at all and I have not liked her since Ashley Benson played the role.  She looked like Jennifer and had lots of Jack traits that would have made her a compelling heroine or anti-heroine.  

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, Lastwaltz said:

!00% to every word!

Me too! Marci is very talented. That's why the show wanted to keep her. One thing is for sure, this DID story needs to end now! It's insulting and offensive!

Edited by Sidney
  • Love 6

I managed to see it on the Cozi channel.

So did anyone else get the feeling Hope is going to snap and try and kill Ben? Her annoying obsession with him is being noticed now and she looked like she was off the deep end today talking about how she cant lose another child (cut to Ciara who was looking all in love and came out and said "I don't want to lose you". This is a soap and that felt like foreshadowing to at the very least something happening to him. Hope did break my heart a little though when she said Zach was with his father.

Edited by howmanywords
  • Love 4

So Julie had a problem with mental ill criminal Ben but does not have a problem with mental ill criminal Abigail.

I really believe Hope would be going after Ben just as hard even if he was not involved with Ciara.  Because she had it out for him from the get go.

Edited by bobcat1946
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, bobcat1946 said:

So Julie had a problem with mental ill criminal Ben but does not have a problem with mental ill criminal Abigail.

I really beloved Hope would be going after Ben just as hard even if he was not involved with Ciara.  Because she had it out for him from the get go.

Come  on you know there's a special rule for Abigail where nothing she ever does is ever her fault.

• Love 8

I like Ted and Hope. This is the first man I've seen Hope have genuine chemistry with since Bo. I like how they are constantly challenging each other, and Hope seems more comfortable with him than she does with Rafe. I hope this continues.

Rafe needs a friend. I didn't understand why he was talking to Hope's stepmom/sister about his suspicions about Hope cheating on him. Gabi obviously wouldn't be appropriate, but I'm not sure if he has any other friends. For a character who has been on the show for a decade, it's odd that he still lacks connections to the canvas.

I know a lot of people dislike Juilie, but I love her. Her confrontation with Ben was a good mixture of dramatic and funny and I also liked her discussion with Rafe. I also like that Julie still has a little bit of vixen in her when she suggested Hope wanted to get back at Rafe, which I kind of think would be in Hope's character. I see they are also referring to Julie as exclusively being Hope's mom/ Ciara's grandma for now.

It was odd seeing Ciara be so upset with Ben working with Stefan. 1. I don't remember any scenes with Ciara and anyone filling Ciara in on Abby's latest dramas with Stefan. 2. Ciara said Stefan drove Abby crazy, but did Ciara forget Ben's very crucial role in the drive Abby crazy storylines we've been getting for almost 2 years. 3. I can't remember the last time Ciara and Abby shared a scene. It seems hollow for Ciara to say Abby is her cousin when they don't even seem to realize the other exists. 4. Ciara seemed to get over her reservations rather quickly regardless.

Watching the episode, I was thinking about Addie Horton's legacy, and how her daughters and now granddaughter have been the faces of Days for decades. I also thought how I think Ciara has a lot of Hope and Julie in her. I just wish the show would start to develop Ciara as a character away from Ben. I still feel that I have no idea who she is.

Lastly, I liked Hope opening up about Zack. I hope the show uses Zack's loss in a compelling way to drive Hope's actions. 

• Love 9
22 minutes ago, 4evaQuez said:

I like Ted and Hope. This is the first man I've seen Hope have genuine chemistry with since Bo. I like how they are constantly challenging each other, and Hope seems more comfortable with him than she does with Rafe. I hope this continues.

Rafe needs a friend. I didn't understand why he was talking to Hope's stepmom/sister about his suspicions about Hope cheating on him. Gabi obviously wouldn't be appropriate, but I'm not sure if he has any other friends. For a character who has been on the show for a decade, it's odd that he still lacks connections to the canvas.

I know a lot of people dislike Juilie, but I love her. Her confrontation with Ben was a good mixture of dramatic and funny and I also liked her discussion with Rafe. I also like that Julie still has a little bit of vixen in her when she suggested Hope wanted to get back at Rafe, which I kind of think would be in Hope's character. I see they are also referring to Julie as exclusively being Hope's mom/ Ciara's grandma for now.

It was odd seeing Ciara be so upset with Ben working with Stefan. 1. I don't remember any scenes with Ciara and anyone filling Ciara in on Abby's latest dramas with Stefan. 2. Ciara said Stefan drove Abby crazy, but did Ciara forget Ben's very crucial role in the drive Abby crazy storylines we've been getting for almost 2 years. 3. I can't remember the last time Ciara and Abby shared a scene. It seems hollow for Ciara to say Abby is her cousin when they don't even seem to realize the other exists. 4. Ciara seemed to get over her reservations rather quickly regardless.

Watching the episode, I was thinking about Addie Horton's legacy, and how her daughters and now granddaughter have been the faces of Days for decades. I also thought how I think Ciara has a lot of Hope and Julie in her. I just wish the show would start to develop Ciara as a character away from Ben. I still feel that I have no idea who she is.

Lastly, I liked Hope opening up about Zack. I hope the show uses Zack's loss in a compelling way to drive Hope's actions. 

I too love Julie warts and all.  I had no problem with her conversation with Ben.  

Hope referencing Zack was so heartwarming. A mom never forgets her babies, even the ones that she lost, there is always a hole in her heart that can never be fill.  I love it when Marlena references DJ for the same reasons. 

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 6
7 hours ago, howmanywords said:

So did anyone else get the feeling Hope is going to snap and try and kill Ben? Her annoying obsession with him is being noticed now and she looked like she was off the deep end today talking about how she cant lose another child (cut to Ciara who was looking all in love and came out and said "I don't want to lose you". This is a soap and that felt like foreshadowing to at the very least something happening to him. Hope did break my heart a little though when she said Zach was with his father.

I don't know if they'll have her go that far, but since they keep bringing up the fire along with Ben's weird body language & response the last time Ciara asked about his involvement..........I kind of wonder if Hope will completely miss evidence that actually implicates him or will obtain it in such a way that it can't be admissible in court (and he therefore can't be prosecuted). They're skirting close to the latter with how she's trying to have Ted get a confession out of him. I'm usually so off when it comes to speculation, though, I'm sure I'll be proven wrong in a week lol.

• Love 3