Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

4 hours ago, Harmony233 said:

To be fair rex admitted he doesn't know if he wants to be in Emily's life I hope he eventually  does we don't have a lot of next generation bradys.

How about Andrew and Stefanie, as next generation Bradys. Stefanie should be a rock for Kayla, now that both Steve and Joey are locked away from her. For many years, it was just Kayla and Stefanie as a family with Kim and her kids. 

• Love 4

Ugh, I got all but the last few minutes. Rude!

I continue to love CB as Gabi during this story. Her every line reading and facial reaction is perfection. Also, I need this to end in JJ/Gabi. Like them actually being given a shot, but I will also totally just settle for them fucking. I'm easy.

Another good ep. This week has been great. I hope it continues.

In fairness though, I did fast forward through the Abby/Stefan scenes.

• Love 6

Does anyone have a recap ?   Today show was totally interrupted for the same crap that we already knew last night.  

My grams watches young and restless and gets so upset with this stuff but her show plays again at 7pm.  

The ep aired in Canada. The highlights:

Gabi returned from some sort of business trip for GabiChic and learned from Kate that Abigail has divorced Chad and married Stefan. Which was a curveball from her plan. She wants Kate to go visit Abigail and put something in whatever her drink is, and then stage a fight between the two - house ripped apart, scratches on Kate, etc. and then to call the cops to say that Abigail/Gabby assaulted her.

Stefan learned that EJ is still alive and went to the hospital. He had a chat with Abs about the possibility of Gabi doing all this to her but tries to reason with her that Gabi couldn't pull something like this off - so maybe Gabby is back. Abigail thinks he is spouting nonsense.

Susan somehow managed to get EJ to the morgue. She mentioned to Will and Paul about something to do with the morgue, so Sami traced her there. Will is talking to Paul about moving in to their new place. Paul, of course, is still excited about being with Will.

JJ is talking to Chad about everything that is falling apart with him. Chad decides to act like a DiMera - i.e. Stefano - to get his wife back. Chad doesn't believe that Gabi would be setting Abigail up.

Kate goes to the DiMera mansion and Abigail answers the door and asks what she wants.

Chad is talking to someone about helping him get his wife back/deal with Stefan - the person on the other couch is Ben.

The show ends with Sami finding Susan in the morgue and recognizes her accent and her 'couture' and Susan pulls a knife/scalpel.

• Love 6

I am so behind on this show I only just watched the Nicole death episodes tonight. And I so didn't cry, you guys. No way. It did absolutely nothing to move me. *sniff sniff* :( :( :(

Poor Nicole. Trapped behind a wall of debris in a burning building is pretty torturous. And more than that, I feel badly for her because I didn't see much of the woman who used to make all those great wisecracks and bring such a fun energy to the show. For what feels like 2 years or more now, Nicole has just been crying and miserable and upset. It makes me sad. She hasn't had any real joy in her life in years, at least it feels that way. I know Holly was supposed to be this wonderful thing but of course the show went and made it into a huge custody battle between her and Chloe and then that spiraled out of control and eventually led into the Deimos murder and the soured relationship with Brady. She just hasn't had a good go of things in a long time. I miss the Nicole who got into trouble but got out of it as well. The Nicole who made Eric and Brady feel good about life. The Nicole who ran a successful business with Theresa and got out from under Kate's thumb in the process. Will we never see her again?

The Halloween episode was the other one I watched because you guys said it was good. You were right! From the promo teaser I had assumed it was another episode focused on Abigail having nightmares, and I think it was actually pretty clever of Ron to make the whole episode into Hattie's motivation for wanting to divorce John and give up being Marlena. Of course, it makes no sense that Hattie would be aware of all these other characters and their situations. The episode, after all, does take place inside Hattie's head. Her head doesn't know anything about Stefan or Abigail or any of that! But nevertheless I thought it moved along at a really great pace and had a fun tone and interesting mystery. It was essily the best comedic acting I've seen from Deidre. I had no clue who that actress was that was playing Anjelika Devereaux at the end though. Maybe long time viewers found that a rewarding return. I was just confused. Not that I would have preferred Morgan to come back. If her initials AD were on one of the doors in Kristen's lab that burnt down, does that mean this actress will be returning again to play the same character?

Initially, when I saw the hand with the cloak outside the pub, I thought back to Vivian's return last New Years Eve and hoped it was her. I miss me some Vivian hardcore.

Today's episode finally gave me an Abigail dress that I think looks good on her. Most of the time I can't stand the way she's dressed. Her wardrobe just grates on me, but then so does the character. I like this black look.

And boy, I had no idea they had gone so far with Gabi! She's really in full on Sami/Kristen mode isn't she? She's just reveling in this plot of hers no matter how crazy it is. It really surprised me to see her trying to Blackmail Kate though. This is probably going to end their relationship for good, which is a shame because I liked Kate having a female protege. Sami is always going to be Sami, but Gabi could be molded by Kate into someone different. I guess that's not going to happen now.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, tribeca said:

Chad seems like the crazy one lately.   Why would he call Ben ?   Has he forgotten Ben and Abigails history? 

I want Chad committed.  

I missed this. Chad is so dumb. He and Abby deserve each other. May the ride off into the sunset after this so I never have to see them again!

• Love 7
7 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

And boy, I had no idea they had gone so far with Gabi! She's really in full on Sami/Kristen mode isn't she? She's just reveling in this plot of hers no matter how crazy it is. It really surprised me to see her trying to Blackmail Kate though. This is probably going to end their relationship for good, which is a shame because I liked Kate having a female protege. Sami is always going to be Sami, but Gabi could be molded by Kate into someone different. I guess that's not going to happen now.

Kate and Gabi will be fine.   Kate is not judgmental and she has been there herself. Plus. Gabi is a lightweight compared to Sami. If Kate can establish some type of relationship with Sami, after years of acrimony, she will not hold this against her. Plus, she will not want to lose Arianna by hating Gabi.  I do wish that Ron would incorporate Sami into this story.  I would love to see her perspective on everything, but, Sami is too obsessed with EJ.  Sami has been one note for years now. I hope that this guy is EJ, so the show could move on. 

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 7

So I thought that Abby gave a weird reaction to finding out that EJ was alive. Weirdo. It is not like he is the first back from the dead that she knows. 

The only smart thing Abby has ever said was that it was best that she didn't go to the hospital as Sami wouldn't want to see her there.

Stefan has never met his siblings before arriving to Salem and he has scenes with them. Meanwhile, Chad who in the past  had close relationships with both EJ and Kristen but he stuck in Chabby he'll that I don't he knows that his brother and sister were on town.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, nilyank said:

So I thought that Abby gave a weird reaction to finding out that EJ was alive. Weirdo. It is not like he is the first back from the dead that she knows. 

The only smart thing Abby has ever said was that it was best that she didn't go to the hospital as Sami wouldn't want to see her there.

Stefan has never met his siblings before arriving to Salem and he has scenes with them. Meanwhile, Chad who in the past  had close relationships with both EJ and Kristen but he stuck in Chabby he'll that I don't he knows that his brother and sister were on town.

Chad does know about Kristen and EJ.

• Love 1
10 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

I am so behind on this show I only just watched the Nicole death episodes tonight. And I so didn't cry, you guys. No way. It did absolutely nothing to move me. *sniff sniff* :( :( :(

Poor Nicole. Trapped behind a wall of debris in a burning building is pretty torturous. And more than that, I feel badly for her because I didn't see much of the woman who used to make all those great wisecracks and bring such a fun energy to the show. For what feels like 2 years or more now, Nicole has just been crying and miserable and upset. It makes me sad. She hasn't had any real joy in her life in years, at least it feels that way. I know Holly was supposed to be this wonderful thing but of course the show went and made it into a huge custody battle between her and Chloe and then that spiraled out of control and eventually led into the Deimos murder and the soured relationship with Brady. She just hasn't had a good go of things in a long time. I miss the Nicole who got into trouble but got out of it as well. The Nicole who made Eric and Brady feel good about life. The Nicole who ran a successful business with Theresa and got out from under Kate's thumb in the process. Will we never see her again?

I miss that Nicole too. Great character and AZ made her interesting to watch.

• Love 2
44 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

Okay, Ben sleeper holding the hell out of Stefan O. was so satisfying, talk about putting his superpowers to good use!

Every once in a while certain scenes come along that are so awesome you cant contain your excitement. When Ben grabbed Stefan, chokeholding his ass down to the ground in 5 seconds I was literally shouting "YES!! Get him!" Chad's reaction was all of us LOL 

Amazing show today. And then that ending commemorating the 53rd anniversary. Wow to see that very first scene with Tom and Alice..just terrific.

• Love 13
1 hour ago, howmanywords said:

Every once in a while certain scenes come along that are so awesome you cant contain your excitement. When Ben grabbed Stefan, chokeholding his ass down to the ground in 5 seconds I was literally shouting "YES!! Get him!" Chad's reaction was all of us LOL 

Amazing show today. And then that ending commemorating the 53rd anniversary. Wow to see that very first scene with Tom and Alice..just terrific.

I have only been watching Days since my retirement 8 yrs. ago, so I don't know a lot about the show's history beyond what I may have seen on a Soap Opera Digest cover (LOL), but that ending just got me all weepy.  

• Love 8

They confused me by jumping from the morgue scene to Will coming in with Susan. I was suspecting it was Kristin.

That court clerk who told Abe about John and Marlena is a bit of a busybody.

Why is Ben doing this stuff for Chad?  What does he get out of it?

Why does NBC have to interrupt Show every freaking day?

• Love 3
56 minutes ago, Silver Raven said:

Since we were preempted, did Kate drink the doctored tea, or was she smart enough to switch cups before she left, expecting that Abby would switch them?

She did drink the tea

Edited by bannana
Just realized it was an either or question, duh!
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, peachmangosteen said:

@TeeVee329 Your icon! Is Britt back?

Anyway, another good ep. And I agree with you guys, Ben putting Stefan in a choke hold was certainly the best part.

Oh yes, just for a short stint, but she's better and Britch-ier than ever!  Definitely track down the scenes if you can.

• Love 4

I didn't watch the show when it started. Too young but it was nice to see Tom and Alice Horton again.

Kate, you fool for drinking the tea and then falling asleep. But you can blame Abigail/Gabby for drugging you.

Ben does some nice handiwork. Hopefully Chad gave him a few bucks to get a decent place to live.

Sami in the same plaid shirt - guess she will be written out now that she is taking 'EJ' to Italy.

Doc really cleaned up quickly in terms of the nice suit she wore to her wedding.

• Love 6

Marlena let’s not have any more weddings.   I thought she was going to say instead let’s have a wonderful marriage.  Nope.  A wonderful engagement party.   Do they get gifts at all these weddings?  

• Love 3
9 hours ago, tribeca said:

Marlena let’s not have any more weddings.   I thought she was going to say instead let’s have a wonderful marriage.  Nope.  A wonderful engagement party.   Do they get gifts at all these weddings?  

I thought she said let's have anniversaries?

• Love 6

Kate can still get away with saying she only dozed off for five minutes because she was exhausted. Abigail has nothing except her admitting she switched the cups. I didn't like her telling her ex-husband that he shouldn't kidnap a pregnant woman - as opposed to one who isn't? Princess Horton can sit down.

Ciara was wearing a lot of makeup overnight. None smudged on the pillowcase or the sheets! I want to know what she is wearing.

Claire, be careful with cahooting with Tripp. Things may not work out for you.

Geez, Hope, you are so ready to stick it to Ben because of your hatred of him.  Get over it. He served his time, and he seems to want to build a new life for himself. At least your Salem PD brain cell came up with Tripp as a possible suspect.

• Love 7

I don't know exactly why, but I like Claire so much better now than when she was trying to have a singing career and running around town trying to find a wifi signal so she could post updates to her "fans." it may have to do with the fact that I really don't like Ciara at all

• Love 5
22 hours ago, ouinason said:

Dam Ciara wears a lot of makeup to bed.

It's a Thanksgiving Miracle actually like Abigail today

and her push up bra!!

19 hours ago, Silver Raven said:

They actually made that poor store owner come down to see them instead of visiting him in his store?

Uh, Ben, you don't know the story about Tripp kidnapping Kayla and threatening to kill her?

that's what i was thinking. i would have told the cops, sorry i  have a business to run, you want my help, you come here. 

• Love 4

i was a little taken aback by seeing the, deceased!, frances reid speak at the end of the episode. no one else? i did love the b&w scene. i wish they would run the first few years again. i didn't start watching till the mid 70's and would love to see the first few years. and i suppose they are on youtube or whatever but i am of the forgotten few who does not have broadband in the sh**hole section of town she is destined to live in. 

• Love 3
On 11/8/2018 at 11:54 AM, TeeVee329 said:

Okay, Ben sleeper holding the hell out of Stefan O. was so satisfying, talk about putting his superpowers to good use!

On 11/8/2018 at 12:50 PM, howmanywords said:

I lost the last half of this ep to breaking news coverage, so I missed seeing Ben finally shut Stefan's big yap, dammit! And I can't find a clip of it anywhere either. Hmph.

The news coverage did thoughtfully come back just in time for the clip of Frances Reid, which was generous of them but also tremendously confusing for me until I saw the Happy Anniversary screen.

Also, Chad, you are the world's biggest jackass. "Ben, I still think you're a monster! Now take this loaded gun. Oh just kidding, I was just making sure you're as reformed as you say you are." Hey, dumbshit, you do realize if Ben was still all murdery he would've shot you in the face with that gun, right? Also, should you have offered alcohol to the man whose sanity supposedly hangs on a boatload of prescription meds? Food for thought.

ETA - found a clip, and it was awesome! And, while I don't advocate for Ben going back to the dark side, I would love if could we have him just jump out of the shadows and do takedowns on all of the annoying windbags in Salem. That would improve the show drastically IMO.

Edited by Maelstrom
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, Maelstrom said:

Also, Chad, you are the world's biggest jackass. "Ben, I still think you're a monster! Now take this loaded gun. Oh just kidding, I was just making sure you're as reformed as you say you are." Hey, dumbshit, you do realize if Ben was still all murdery he would've shot you in the face with that gun, right? Also, should you have offered alcohol to the man whose sanity supposedly hangs on a boatload of prescription meds? Food for thought.

Chad is a moron, they need to run another DNA test on him.  How did the family line that produced Stefano and Tony and Lexi somehow bring about him? I don’t buy it and never have. 

Also, does this mean that Ben is now going to have a new business of getting hired out to commit nefarious deeds for the so-called “too good to get their hands dirty” Salem residents? Because if so then he really would actually have a lot of work coming his way. 

• Love 5

Kate, you fool for drinking the tea and then falling asleep. But you can blame Abigail/Gabby for drugging you.

I was like, you tried to drug Abigail and just because your plan backfired, Abigail is the bitch.  

Uh, Ben, you don't know the story about Tripp kidnapping Kayla and threatening to kill her?

They kept that under wraps.  It was contained to a small room in the hospital. Trip told Claire what he was doing to Kayla.  

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Maelstrom said:

ETA - found a clip, and it was awesome! And, while I don't advocate for Ben going back to the dark side, I would love if could we have him just just out of the shadows and do takedowns on all of the annoying windbags in Salem. That would improve the show drastically IMO.

I'm on board with this! I'm grinning ear to ear imagining him doing the same chokehold on Rafe.

• Love 4
13 minutes ago, annabel said:

Stefan poured himself a cup of coffee, so apparently someone came in and set up coffee and totally ignored that Kate was passed out on the couch

HAHAHA!  I guess absolutely nothing that happens in that house surprises Harold anymore.

• Love 14
3 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

Chad: I can do it. Sonny delivered Arianna.  If Sonny can do it, I can do it.

HA!  The shade!

Oh man, I fast forwarded those scenes so I missed this. Kinda sad about it because that is a great line lol.

35 minutes ago, Silver Raven said:

Is there a rule that all soap babies must be born in a remote cabin?

My sister was like, "Has anyone ever given birth in the labor wing of the hospital?" 

I kept screaming at Gabi to kill Stefan. I was like, "Girl, it's your only option, just do it!" 

Why would Wyatt (That was Wyatt, right?) agree to take the fall for Tripp? Also, what is Claire's hair even doing?

I forget what else happened lol.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, TeeVee329 said:

I at least appreciated them having Abigail acknowledge the trope.

Days has a trope that is unique to them where Fathers deliver their own children. Bill delivered Jennifer, Shane delivered Andrew, John delivered Belle, Jack delivered Abigail, Sonny delivered Arianna and many others.

• Love 8

Camila Banus was great today.  Hopefully Gabi will still be able to destroy Stefan.

On the flip side, Billy Flynn and Marcie Miller were horrible.  Embarrassingly bad.  I watched live and really regretted not being able to fast forward through their scenes.  He was a mumbling, stuttering fool (and seemed to even get on MM's nerves) and she was acting like Abigail was drunk instead of in labor pain.  Labor without the miracle of an epidural is incredibly painful (trust me, I know).  No way would she just be laying there slurring her words and casually wiping away sweat.  Kendall's delivery of her and Zach's baby on AMC used to top my list as the most stupid, unbelievable delivery on any soap I've seen.  Not this one does.  Just terrible all the way around.

Claire's machinations are entertaining.  As someone else said, this is way better than her singing and instagramming.

Hope and Rafe were useless.

I missed most of last week and was going to skip it, but after reading all your comments on how good those episodes were I'm going to try to catch back up.

Edited by Kitty Redstone
  • Love 7