Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

Man, Marlena really has no facial expressions. When I saw her nose up close on the screen, I realized that Kate has probably had plastic surgery too, but somehow I'm able to sense emotion and a sense of panic from her. Maybe it's not the plastic surgery's fault that Marlena's face can't express anything....

Edited by bantering

When I saw her nose up close on the screen, I realized that Kate has probably had plastic surgery too,

Ya think? This about made me ruin my keyboard and snort tea up my nose.

That bitch is 61, 61!!! She looks better than most 40 year olds. So, of course she has had plastic surgery, albeit from a much, much, much more skilled surgeon than whoever maniuplated Dee Hall's visage. She also benefits from her genes, as there is very little one can do about the neck (I say with sadness as a 40 year old woman), and hers is flawless.

• Love 2

LOL at Marlena trying to patrol who sees Sami. Take your no parenting ass back to Jawn's room and shut up. 

The writers had Sami "fall in love" with EJ so I guess it's not surprising that Eric lets Kristen get near him. 

I guess Nicole could only stop being pathetic for a few hours. 

• Love 3
In his interviews Corday may say he hates the term supercouple but he sure is determined to kept trying to make them happen.

Corday probably says he hates the term 'supercouple' because he hasn't been able to produce a real one in over 2 decades. Epic, exciting, and romantic love affairs seem to have gone out with the Reagan era.  Instead he ... 

A) ignores the potential to ones right in front of his face.  AS and JS had great chemistry together and their at times "partners in crime" relationship could have made for some fabulous stories, but instead the writers threw ridiculous things at them like the nonsensical Abigail affair, quibbling over their siblings, etc; I could go on and on w/examples. Brady and Theresa had potential and chemistry between them in the beginning , but they seem to have soured that with more nonsensical stories and inconsistent character writing too.

and

B) insists on propping couples that either don't have a big fan base and/or have very little chemistry together. Couple like Jen/Dan; Abigail/Ben; Nicole/Eric, etc who are about as interesting as watching paint dry. 

Edited to add

and

C) has managed to ruin the ones that did hold that title, often driving away the male actor of the couple (Steve/Kayla, Bo/Hope)

Edited by Peanut6711
  • Love 5

Kate was magnificent today, especially the bit where she made fun of EJ's urn.  I'm really liking her and Chad together, too.

Oh Nicole.  Just give up already.  Eric is fine with being a giant hypocrite.  Can they please give AZ something else to do besides cry and be pathetic?

I really don't understand why anyone would even stand within five feet of Kristen.  Whenever she starts babbling on and bobbing her head, why not just walk away?  Or better yet, stab her in the neck and be done with it? 

The less said about Dr. Double Standard, the better.

• Love 5

Kate was magnificent today, especially the bit where she made fun of EJ's urn.  I'm really liking her and Chad together, too.

Oh Nicole.  Just give up already.  Eric is fine with being a giant hypocrite.  Can they please give AZ something else to do besides cry and be pathetic?

Kate was, indeed, magnificent. I hope someone with half a brain is able to maintain writing to her strength.

See, today was the first time I'd heard Eric say anything that made sense (disclosure: I haven't seen ANY of his story with Kristen) about why he was treating Nicole the way he was. If he'd held a higher opinion of her than of Kristen or Dan, then yes, Nicole destroying evidence would hurt him more. Like the saying goes, we always hurt the ones we love. He didn't trust Kristen, so what she did didn't have the same impact as the feeling of being betrayed by someone he'd loved.

Now watch one of you more current viewers come up with an old storyline that had Kristen being this amazing love of Eric's poor life. Which, some hack writer will probably retcon them growing up together on that damn island....

• Love 1

And with EJ's death, Theo could use a big brother.

If Abe has more children, Lexie will come back to life in order to have sex with them. It's why Lexie existed. That and misdiagnosing every patient who came her way.

• Love 2

God, Chad is a whiner.  Grow a pair, please?

And Nicole, get over it.  Move on.  You had chemistry with Rafe, try him.  He seems to be over Jordan, with his condescending tone with her today (of which I approve).

That's one thing about GG/Rafe that I like - he really knows how to bring the "who cares what you think" when it matters. He endeared himself to me forever when he refused to fawn over Abigail.  Her look of outrage gives me a nice glow whenever I think about it.

• Love 5

Where's the bunny?  We usually get a bunny.

I would simply have enjoyed Sami's exit so much more if Kate/Sami had sent EJ, Stefano, and Kristen to prison.  They wouldn't have stayed there, but at least after decades of the Dimeras destroying people's lives and facing no consequences, it would have been something.  Then Sami could have left Salem happy with her children.

There is no way I will ever believe EJ loved Sami.  The last year showed just how much EJ did not understand, accept or respect Sami.  EJ's last conversation with Sami's son Will was all about protecting the boring twit.  EJ did not say one word to Will about protecting Sami.

I loved Kate today.  It's a little late for Marlena to try being a mother to Sami.  Marlena needs to leave the mansion, and let Kate handle things because Kate sees the picture.  Hopefully, Lucas will be arriving from Hong Kong soon.

I would be fine with Eric telling Nicole what she did hurt him in a different way than what Kristen did because Eric loved Nicole and trusted her if the idiot writers hadn't had Eric being angry with Nicole because he wanted to have sex with her.

I would rather have seen Theresa with Sami instead of Brady.  Brady and Marlena need to go hold John's hand.  Kate and Theresa can be there for Sami because that would be way more entertaining.

• Love 3

Yeah, I liked Theresa with Brady back when I thought they might help each other out with their mutual problems, but enough is enough. Brady is a nasty piece of work and Theresa can do better. Brady needs to marry his vodka.

• Love 3

Started watching Days again recently.   I had no idea Dan & Brady were best friends.  Thanks Kristin for the info. 

Kristin is so crazy.   So want Teresa to win this but don't think she can.  Predict Brady will be back with Kristin soon : (.

Isn't ED back on Y&R now? Any Brady/Kristen reunion can't last very long.

Although I'm sure EJ is only DimeraDead, I figure at least it means no more EJami scenes until the very end of AS's stint, when Sami inevitably reunites with him. So there's that.

Edited by Black Knight
  • Love 1

Did that whole scene in the Brady pub feel like we were watching first graders?  "Why are you talking to her and not ME"?  "Why are you talking to her"?  Yada, yada, yada.  It was hysterical and unintentional I am sure.

Still want to know what the shot to EJ does, I am sure in the land of Salem he will "rise from the dead" you would think Stefano could be so much richer marketing that drug.  It kind of make this whole ending of the Sami/EJ story seem really lame now.  As much as I wanted to see them both ride off into the sunset together, if they bring him back this way it's just going to ruin what was turning into a tragic, and dare I say, well acted love story. 

And please, could you put something on Ben that doesn't throw his "buff body" in our faces constantly?  Why even bother to dress him?  Let him run around in his undies...we get it, he's in great shape.  I still want to know why he has a New Yawk accent instead of a southern one.

I had to laugh at how BIG Theo looked today when he ran to the NuChad...who is so much shorter than the old Chad (although I will say this guy seems to have some acting chops).

• Love 2

Surprise Surprise - Brady jumps back in the sack with Theresa - who here didn't see that coming?    I'm at least glad it was Theresa & not Kristin - at least he was smart enough not to sleep with her again (although I'm sure he will before she leaves again) - the one thing that bugs me about Theresa though is how desperate she is to have Brady's affection - it just seems really weird to me.

And I really wish Nicole would stop asking Eric to forgive her - he did at least give her good reasons today - but he's not worth all the tears she's shed for him - I'd rather they try her out with Rafe - they actually seemed to have some chemistry & could be an interesting pair.

Now for Chad - I really do love him (and at some point I may stop gushing about him - oh wait who am I kidding - as long as Billy Flynn is playing Chad - I'll be gushing) - I liked the scenes with Abe & Theo & always love him with Kate - I'd also like to see more of him with Jordan - I actually like them together

• Love 1

I would be fine with Eric telling Nicole what she did hurt him in a different way than what Kristen did because Eric loved Nicole and trusted her if the idiot writers hadn't had Eric being angry with Nicole because he wanted to have sex with her.

Exactly. I don't believe that Eric's withholding his "forgiveness" is about anything other than punishing Nicole for giving him sexy-time thoughts.

As pathetic as she was to cry about it at the Pub, Nicole is right to be hurt/angry about Eric's bullshit idea of forgiveness. EJ and Kristen are deserving because they're basically pieces of shit to begin with? Unrepentant pieces of shit, to boot! Perhaps if Nicole were motivated by revenge instead of deep-seated insecurity, hadn't tried her best to right her wrong, and didn't apologize she could have been a candidate for Eric's forgiveness, too. The parishioners of St Luke's really dodged a bullet when Eric was de-priested! 

• Love 6

Totally, shesajar -- what a dick Eric is these days. 

I thought Chad's scene in the Dimeara living room talking to EJ's urn was great -- this Billy Flynn is really bringing it! I'd like to see him in something other than a suit (I liked First Chad's leather jacket, rock and roll vibe). Can't wait to see what Melanie's return means for his story line, and I guess, Jordan's (if I have to care about her at all). And Kate is still my idol for aging with beauty, grace, and wit. 

I also love Kristin and will miss ED when she leaves -- wonder when, does anyone know? She puts so much into every scene -- granted the character is supremely flawed, but ED just plays her with such gusto and every glance and gesture is filled with something for the viewer to chew on. 

BRADY -- ugh, you stupid man. Theresa is clearly way more into him than he is and was sounding almost desperate for his attention and affection. So what does he do? Sleeps with her even though there doesn't seem to be the slightest reciprocity in how he feels about her. Another GREAT job, Brady. Geesh, just go on a trip or something and get your head together. Take John with you. Blech. 

Edited to make clear which woman Brady was sleeping with yesterday, lol. 

Edited by Lastwaltz
  • Love 1

Does anyone have any aspirin?  The anvils falling on my head about JJ's key to Daniel's apartment are really starting to hurt.  I get it.  JJ and Paige are going to have sex in Daniel's apartment.  Jennifer is going to hate him because he allowed JJ to have sex.  This will likely get exposed 5 minutes after Daniel forgives her for not trusting him.  Lather, rinse, repeat.

Hope's talk with Ciara was kind of lame.

• Love 3

Why is Kristen talking to EJ's photo and acting like he's dead? She knows the ashes in the urn isn't his and she knows EJ's been injected with "Dimera serum." I can see her putting on an act in front of others, but to herself? 

Chad talking to the urn was great. Loved the venting he did and breaking down.

• Love 2

Daniel's eyes glisten in a weird way when he's talking to Kristen. Does he want Kristen?

It's probably Shawn Christian actually having fun acting in scenes compared to the vapid Jennifer merry-go-round. 

Ha! I was in the middle of typing something similar Artsda -- maybe the actor finds ED more compelling than Missy. 

• Love 1

Sami's just ridiculous "were you thinking about me kids when you were trying to destroy EJ?" Attacking Chad, when she didn't give a damn about her own kids when she was setting EJ up to got to jail and getting her revenge.  She doesn't care about her actions in regards to her kids, then she's going to go into hysterics blaming Chad for trying to destroy him.  

She's just eye rolling, really can't take her fake loving wife & caring mother grief when weeks ago she was doing the same things as Chad before her insta-forgiveness.  

Edited by Artsda
  • Love 3

Sami's just ridiculous "were you thinking about me kids when you were trying to destroy EJ?" Attacking Chad, when she didn't give a damn about her own kids when she was setting EJ up to got to jail and getting her revenge.  She doesn't care about her actions in regards to her kids, then she's going to go into hysterics blaming Chad for trying to destroy him.  

I was thinking the same thing. However, I don't think Sami is much for self-reflection. I think AS is doing a great job, but I could buy Sami's overwhelming grief more if she hadn't been plotting EJ's destruction just a week or two ago. It's all rather...sudden for me.

The girl that plays Jordan is one of the worst actresses I've ever seen on a soap. Just painfully bad. I like NuChad and I don't want him paired up with such a shitty actress. Can't she hook up with Brady so I can just fast-forward?

And while I'm griping - I am really frigging sick of the JJ/Paige/Eve drama. If JJ gets accused of raping Paige, I'm going to be PISSED. You don't inherit some kind of rapist gene. Ugh! And guess what Mary Beth? It's none of your effing business if Paige sleeps with JJ. Get a life, you dumb cow.

• Love 1

I can buy Sami's grief in the sense that death has a finality to it. And most of the time, well, uh, other than that one time she shot him in the head, I don't know if she ever actually wanted EJ dead. There were other times she had screamed out "Don't die, EJ" and I'd be all "But, uh, why not?" (not that I wanted him dead, but for Sami's safety and peace of mind I'd wonder why she wanted him alive).  I think her reaction probably parallels Nicole -- saying words and doing bad deeds, but not necessarily wanting death to be the final pronouncement. Their reactions have made more sense to me than Abigail's. I could see Abigail mourning EJ's various body parts, but not him as a human being necessarily (although I guess she did love him if we go by KM's analysis or what KM was trying to do).

Edited by bantering
  • Love 3

She's just eye rolling, really can't take her fake loving wife & caring mother grief when weeks ago she was doing the same things as Chad before her insta-forgiveness.  

I was thinking the same thing. However, I don't think Sami is much for self-reflection. I think AS is doing a great job, but I could buy Sami's overwhelming grief more if she hadn't been plotting EJ's destruction just a week or two ago. It's all rather...sudden for me.

The girl that plays Jordan is one of the worst actresses I've ever seen on a soap. Just painfully bad. I like NuChad and I don't want him paired up with such a shitty actress. Can't she hook up with Brady so I can just fast-forward?

And while I'm griping - I am really frigging sick of the JJ/Paige/Eve drama. If JJ gets accused of raping Paige, I'm going to be PISSED. You don't inherit some kind of rapist gene. Ugh! And guess what Mary Beth? It's none of your effing business if Paige sleeps with JJ. Get a life, you dumb cow.

I had exactly the same thoughts about Sami. AS is doing a terrific job; and if it were anyone but Sami grieving anyone but EJ in any other plot than the one I've seen play out the last few months, it might have struck an emotional chord with me. But since it is Sami mourning EJ (who, let's face it, doesn't really deserve many tears from anyone - he's supposed to be a villain right?) after trying to destroy his life two months ago, it's just all a bit much and impossible for me to be invested in at all.

I too am beyond tired of this whole JJ/Paige mess. I cannot stand Daniel being the Voice of Reason and Sympathetic Father FIgure one more time. Please show, I'm begging. The problem for me with the JJ/Paige/Eve situation is that they all look like horrible people in this. JJ I guess doesn't seem so much horrible as just painfully and plot-pointedly stupid. Paige, who I used to think seemed like a sweet girl and a nice switch from the normal "soap teen," has become a horrible shrew. And I really want to like Eve because I love KDP, but TIIC have got to get her away from this storyline. Mary Beth could carry this storyline to the same effect. It is a complete waste of the character of Eve and of KDP's talents to have her stuck in the kiddie pool.

• Love 3

Mary Beth needs to be murdered. 

Agreed. She's another one that sucks as an actress - straining to achieve the proper facial expression for the scene. I can just FEEL the effort.  And why Paige has her for a best friend, I do not know. I don't remember any of my friends ratting me out to my mom or judging my choices or dissing my boyfriend to my face. Behind my back, yes, of course. That's understandable. Everyone does that.

• Love 2

Trust Judgy Jenn I think not. JJ please go to Lucas and talk to him because I absolutely hate that he goes to Dingy Hippie. It's just nothing more than tired Dannifer angst. Why does JJ think he needs to tell Paige about what his father did to Kayla. Unless he talks to Kayla about it, he needs to keep his mouth shut and not dwell on it.

Yea Paige, you don't look guilty or suspicious walking around looking everywhere like an idiot. 

Eve grow the hell up but she's right to tell Dingy to back off. She was talking to him about medical advice then he switches it to personal without anyone asking him. STFU Dingy just because JJ comes to you for advice doesn't give you an automatic free pass to dispense your advice on everyone else. His character is so irritating, someone please put us out of our misery when it comes to Dingy.

Even when giving advice Grimace still grimaces. I don't understand either it's the actress that refuses to give her character a range of facial expressions or its the direction. I can't pinpoint who is more at fault here.

Ciara don't care for that much because I just think she's a little snot anyway. Since the bus broke down, shouldn't she have stayed her little ass with the group so that the teacher can keep a head count. Also shame on the teacher/chaperone for not checking to see where Ciara is.

I did like the scenes between Sami & Chad, they work well together.

• Love 3

I cracked up laughing when BF was trying to keep from laughing at AS's over-the-top acting! Those scenes were bad. LOL.

• Love 2

I'm sorry, I loved the Sami/Chad scene.

I was also loving poor little Johnny.  I wish they could have found a way to keep those kids around.

And speaking of which, Ciara was actually reasonable about her Mom divorcing her Dad?

• Love 4

Poor JJ, Paige, Eve, etc. are stuck in Dannifer hell.

Please let Eve, Anne, and Theresa team up to bury Kristen alive.

I like Ciara.

I think AS is doing a great job, and I liked her scenes with Chad, however, the writers spent the last year destroying EJ/Sami as a couple.  Even if they didn’t have all the other history they do, EJ lied to Sami about Kristen/Eric, cheated on her, blamed her for his cheating on her, defended the boring twit to Sami, and told the mistress they didn't do anything wrong.  Sami looked 1000 times happier scheming with Kate, and when she confronted EJ at the jail and told him she was Co-CEO of DE than she had in a long time.  Idiot Corday and the idiot writers should have picked a road and driven it months ago because this SL has been all over the place and is a complete disaster.

Edited by TigerLynx
  • Love 8

And speaking of which, Ciara was actually reasonable about her Mom divorcing her Dad?

The scenes with Hope and Ciara really surprised me. I figured that Ciara would have a huge tantrum, but instead, she was very adult in her understanding. The part where she started to take off Bo's jacket was a nice touch. Hope gets on my nerves at times, but I think she's a great parent.  Bo is an idiot.

• Love 3

Sami's outburst at Chad didn't seem that outrageous to me. You can hate someone but also still love them and not want them to die. And according to the crap the writers have written we're supposed to believe Sami has forgiven EJ and wanted to spend the rest of her life with him, so of course she's going to be devastated and upset and lash out. Chad seemed to understand. He let her have her moment and then told her he was there for her if she wanted him to be.

• Love 6

As pathetic as she was to cry about it at the Pub, Nicole is right to be hurt/angry about Eric's bullshit idea of forgiveness.

I couldn't help but be memorized by the male day player in the scene seated behind Nicole acting appropriately shocked and WTF?!? about all the ruckus going on while he was just trying to having some chowder and coffee. That was some good background acting there. That being said, while not without its flaws, seriously he is able to be in the same room with his rapist and let them embrace him, offer condolence but forgiving Nicole is impossible. Father Eeyore Please. However, Eric's explanation kinda works for me so I'll allow it.  So much better than "I'm mad at you because you make me feel funny in my don't touch area." 

Credit where credit is due. Kudos to the little actress playing Ciara upping her acting game. There was a time she was known as Ciara of the Corn (on another board) because she had such flat dead eyed delivery that it was viewed by some as kinda creepy. Homegirl is now animated and delivering her lines with sass honey! She is giving even the younger actors a run for their money (looking at you Paige and Mary Beth). Get it girl!!! I just had to shout her out for turning it around and actually making an effort.

When Chad turned around and Jordan was standing there in the Dimera mansion, I was like who left the gate open? Whoever coined her Grimace Sue sure got it right. I keep wanting someone to offer her Midol or some Pamprin. 

I was okay with the Chad/Sami scene until Sami collapsed onto the floor. I felt like she overplayed the scene there. Her Emmy thirst is strong.

Dan and Kristen scene are just way to fraught with sexual tension and I think they play it that way intentionally. He had his hands around her neck at one point. One thing I noticed is that after Kristen left the apartment, Dan was breathing heavily like he had just run a marathon. Just creepy. 

Kristin is so crazy.   So want Teresa to win this but don't think she can.  Predict Brady will be back with Kristin soon : (.

If Brady is the prize, there is no winner. 

• Love 7

Poor dumb Brady is another victim of character assassination, and even the pretty can't make up for all the stupid.

I like the actress who plays Ciara.  I guess there are never going to be any Ciara/Theresa/Sami scenes.

• Love 3

how old is Chad and how old is Jordan?

I work with Physical Therapists and that is a PhD level field now so Jordan has an impressive education...she can't be the "just out of college crowd".

I thought Chad was with the "college crew" or "just out of college". 

I love the chemistry with Dan and Kristen!  They have some kind of 50 Shades vibe going on.  The tie ups in the truck, his hands on her neck...

Edited by Marigold
  • Love 3

I like the actress who plays Ciara. I guess there are never going to be any Ciara/Theresa/Sami scenes.

I don't know much about Ciara, but the actress is pretty and seems competent enough and looks like she could be the daughter of KA and PR. I liked her scenes with Hope today. But why did she scream NOT YOU at Daniel Cosgrove (who I swear looks younger than he did even a month ago. Is he secretly Benjamin Button?)

• Love 2

Am I the only one who sobbed for another day?  Jeebus Sami had bloodshot eyes you know she's crying for real.  It really helped that there was no Abifail.

I hope JJ and Paige just get a freaking apartment together and to hell with their mothers. omg two 18 yr old college kids might have sex together with protection!

I actually think Dingy and JJ are really sweet together.  Jack would have been snarky.  I'd almost like Dingy if he hadn't been having wet dreams over Kristen.

Edited by QuelleC
  • Love 2

Sami lashing out at Chad didn't surprise me  - Chad was the easiest target for her to aim her grief at  -- I liked his reaction to her outburst - letting her yell at him then telling her  he'd be there if she needed him

I'm going to miss the twins that play Johnny - they are just adorable - I know they said that the kids who play Johnny & Sydney are done but have they ever said anything about Ali?    Will we see her after AS leaves?   

I really wish they'd put Eve in a different story - her constantly messing with Paige & JJ is annoying & a waste of her talent.

• Love 4

I don't know much about Ciara, but the actress is pretty and seems competent enough and looks like she could be the daughter of KA and PR.

I'm still catching up with the actors/characters and storylines, but when watching yesterday, I thought Ciara really looks like a mini Hope.

• Love 1

EJ did NOT blame Sami for what he did with Abigail.  In fact, he was the one who wouldn't let Sami blame herself when she tried to.  He emphatically would NOT let her blame herself.  The guy did enough awful things to her (and she to him), can we not add things that didn't actually happen?

But he did. When she confronted him in jail, one of the first things he did was remind Sami that she kicked him out of their bed. He backtracked, because he realized what a douchebag thing it was to do, but the words were out there.

• Love 2

I really wish they'd put Eve in a different story - her constantly messing with Paige & JJ is annoying & a waste of her talent.

Eve was so entertaining when she was droning on and on to the bored nurse about her singing career and how awesome she was and then Dr Dan showed up to lecture her about JJ and I went into a coma again. The nurse knew what she was doing when she hightailed it out of there.

• Love 1

Sami lashing out at Chad didn't surprise me  - Chad was the easiest target for her to aim her grief at  -- I liked his reaction to her outburst - letting her yell at him then telling her  he'd be there if she needed him

I'm going to miss the twins that play Johnny - they are just adorable - I know they said that the kids who play Johnny & Sydney are done but have they ever said anything about Ali?    Will we see her after AS leaves?  

I think she'll be off-screen too. We might hear that she's in Hong Kong with Lucas, or splitting time between Sami & Lucas.

• Love 1