Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, TigerLynx said:
17 hours ago, Chick2Chic said:

Johnny and Sydney aren't related to Kate or Lucas by blood. 

Allie is, and Johnny and Sydney consider Kate to be their grandmother

That doesn't actually negate my previous comment.

I don't actually recall that being the case about Kate, though. I recall the 3 kids calling Stefano 'Nonno' when Sami & EJ lived at the mansion with them but nothing about all the kids calling Kate grandma or nonna. I don't recall all the kids really spending time onscreen with Kate or talking about Kate onscreen at all. Allie, yes but not Sydney or Johnny. Sami and her kids, her kids parents, and exes are not a blended type family like John and Marlena's family where folks are interconnected and consider each other family. Different strokes and all but I am not sure why Sami has to keep carrying Kate and Lucas as if they are not their own characters and are just extensions of her.  That isn't fair to Sami's character having moved on and it seems like it is to diminish the importance of other men and family in her life after she last finally ended things with Lucas. Friday's ep blatantly stated Sami's feelings and what - and who - she is longing for. But obviously mileage varies.

Anywho, I remain glad that Kristen brought up that Brady betrays everyone while Eric was standing in the shot with Brady. Kristen is psychotic but her reading Brady about being weak punk was spot on.

I was glad to see Sami, even drugged out, protect her mom. I wish Marlena had returned the sentiment more but at least Eric was there. Belle was absolutely useless. 

I enjoyed having a chabby and rope free week with the wedding stuff. 

• Love 4
13 minutes ago, Chick2Chic said:

That doesn't actually negate my previous comment.

I don't actually recall that being the case about Kate, though. I recall the 3 kids calling Stefano 'Nonno' when Sami & EJ lived at the mansion with them but nothing about all the kids calling Kate grandma or nonna. I don't recall all the kids really spending time onscreen with Kate or talking about Kate onscreen at all. Allie, yes but not Sydney or Johnny. Sami and her kids, her kids parents, and exes are not a blended type family like John and Marlena's family where folks are interconnected and consider each other family. Different strokes and all but I am not sure why Sami has to keep carrying Kate and Lucas as if they are not their own characters and are just extensions of her.  That isn't fair to Sami's character having moved on and it seems like it is to diminish the importance of other men and family in her life after she last finally ended things with Lucas. Friday's ep blatantly stated Sami's feelings and what - and who - she is longing for. But obviously mileage varies.

Anywho, I remain glad that Kristen brought up that Brady betrays everyone while Eric was standing in the shot with Brady. Kristen is psychotic but her reading Brady about being weak punk was spot on.

I was glad to see Sami, even drugged out, protect her mom. I wish Marlena had returned the sentiment more but at least Eric was there. Belle was absolutely useless. 

I enjoyed having a chabby and rope free week with the wedding stuff. 

When I referred to Sami's children, I was including Will and Allie who do share DNA with Lucas and Kate.  Johnny and Sydney consider Kate their grandmother (when Kate was married to Stefano they referred to her as such).  Sami, Kate, and Lucas have a long history together.  Sami and Lucas are friends, and Will and Allie are their children.  I don't think Sami should have to carry anyone, but history shouldn't be ignored either.

As far as who Sami loves, just because Sami loves EJ, and things didn't work out between Lucas and Sami or Rafe and Sami that doesn't mean Sami doesn't care about them.  I thought it was a nice sign of growth on Sami's part when she acknowledged her difficult history with Will and Lucas, and how great Rafe was to her kids even though they were no longer together.

The Ejami fans might like the carrot Ken Corday keeps dangling in front of them, but I would be very surprised if James Scott returned to the show.  Alison Sweeney doesn't just mean viewers, she also represents advertising dollars.  Instead of dragging out the is EJ alive or not SL, they could actually resolve it, even if just to say Sami found EJ, but Corday prefers to keep jerking the fans around, and it's annoying.

• Love 5

Page 666. Marlena, where are you?

Anyways, I just binge watched the week. It was good. I want the Marlena doll to keep showing up. Just because.

"I don't like you living with a serial killer. I'm 18 I can make my own decisions!" That's fun.

"For your information its pearl"another good one.

Also funny that Marlena's wedding vows continued even after a commercial break. Love is love and I love that you love my job? I don't know, thats what I got out of it.

• Love 4
58 minutes ago, TigerLynx said:

When I referred to Sami's children, I was including Will and Allie who do share DNA with Lucas and Kate.  Johnny and Sydney consider Kate their grandmother (when Kate was married to Stefano they referred to her as such).  Sami, Kate, and Lucas have a long history together.  Sami and Lucas are friends, and Will and Allie are their children.  I don't think Sami should have to carry anyone, but history shouldn't be ignored either.

As far as who Sami loves, just because Sami loves EJ, and things didn't work out between Lucas and Sami or Rafe and Sami that doesn't mean Sami doesn't care about them.  I thought it was a nice sign of growth on Sami's part when she acknowledged her difficult history with Will and Lucas, and how great Rafe was to her kids even though they were no longer together.

The Ejami fans might like the carrot Ken Corday keeps dangling in front of them, but I would be very surprised if James Scott returned to the show.  Alison Sweeney doesn't just mean viewers, she also represents advertising dollars.  Instead of dragging out the is EJ alive or not SL, they could actually resolve it, even if just to say Sami found EJ, but Corday prefers to keep jerking the fans around, and it's annoying.

I also wanted to add, as a Lumi fan, I have no doubt that Lucas loves Sydney and Johnny because they are Sami's children and Will's siblings. I am still bitter that Johnny wasn't Lucas' son. 

The Lumi fans got screwed over in so many ways..

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 8
2 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:

I also wanted to add, as a Lumi fan, I have no doubt that Lucas loves Sydney and Johnny because they are Sami's children and Will's siblings. 

The Lumi fans got screwed over in so many ways..

I mostly disagree. It ended as some relationships do. Not everyone stays together forever but especially on a soap. They fell in love young, married, had kids, hurt each other, one of them fell out of love as they grew older, divorced, then remained good friends in the end. That isn't terrible and it doesn't erase or change their history just because they haven't been together in a long time nor interact often. The only part I agree with is that Lucas didn't really move on like Sami did with Rafe and EJ, instead kept hope alive she would be interested in reuniting with him when Days has been pretty clear in showing that Sami mentally friendzoned Lucas a long time ago. So that wasn't fair to him but that also circles back to my previously stated opinion that BD leaned too long on trying to rally the Lumi fanbase to reunite that pairing when TPTB weren't interested. BD ended up getting left behind then begging in interviews for any story or love interest for Lucas.

Also, I don't believe Lucas thinks badly of Johnny or Sydney at all but I can't recall any onscreen instances giving evidence where Lucas has been shown to have a genuine relationship with Johnny & Sydney or talking about how much he loves those two kids to anyone. Rafe, yes. Lucas, no. 

3 hours ago, TigerLynx said:

As far as who Sami loves, just because Sami loves EJ, and things didn't work out between Lucas and Sami or Rafe and Sami that doesn't mean Sami doesn't care about them.

I don't think I have ever claimed that nor I don't think anyone else has. We all know Sami cares about Lucas. She has told him she loves him as her best friend. And I believe she cares about Rafe though not as a best friend. They have history too and she confided in him about her grief about EJ before they shagged last time she was in town, so at the very least she still see him as worth shagging. I think the opposite is true, though, that Sami's continuing feelings for EJ get diminished in order to prop up Lucas or make him more relevant or important to Sami's life NOW when Sami ain't thinking about him that way and hasn't for a long time. She loves / cares about her ex husbands as her friends similarly to how Marlena views Roman, father to two of her kids.

I also firmly believe that if AS ever returned to Days full-time, they would put Sami and Rafe back together cause TPTB consider Rafe to be leading man material, not Lucas. TPTB don't care about Lucas, have moved on from a love story concluded over a decade ago, and they won't ever even contemplate reuniting Sami with Lucas as long as Rafe is there. They show that when they don't bother to write for Lucas whether or not Sami is in town. It sucks for BD but Corday has been consistent on this for many years.

3 hours ago, TigerLynx said:

That wasn't clear previously since it was still stating Johnny and Sydney, so thank you for clarifying.

IMO no one is ignoring Sami's history with Lucas or Kate but rather there is an importance being placed on unions from years ago that have evolved over time and are no longer of everyday importance to focus on. It comes across to me that it is about Sami carrying Lucas and Kate when it seems that everytime she is in town, she must spend time with them even if there is no legitimate storyline reason to do so. No one has forgotten their long history just because they don't have scenes together nowadays but as I see it, their past is not their current & they shouldn't have to dwell in reliving their past constantly when all have moved on. 

Edited by Chick2Chic
fixed something.
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, Chick2Chic said:

I mostly disagree. It ended as some relationships do. Not everyone stays together forever but especially on a soap. They fell in love young, married, had kids, hurt each other, one of them fell out of love as they grew older, divorced, then remained good friends in the end. That isn't terrible and it doesn't erase or change their history just because they haven't been together in a long time nor interact often. The only part I agree with is that Lucas didn't really move on like Sami did with Rafe and EJ, instead kept hope alive she would be interested in reuniting with him when Days has been pretty clear in showing that Sami mentally friendzoned Lucas a long time ago. So that wasn't fair to him but that also circles back to my previously stated opinion that BD leaned too long on trying to rally the Lumi fanbase to reunite that pairing when TPTB weren't interested. BD ended up getting left behind then begging in interviews for any story or love interest for Lucas.

Also, I don't believe Lucas thinks badly of Johnny or Sydney at all but I can't recall any onscreen instances giving evidence where Lucas has been shown to have a genuine relationship with Johnny & Sydney or talking about how much he loves those two kids to anyone. Rafe, yes. Lucas, no. 

I don't think I have ever claimed that nor I don't think anyone else has. We all know Sami cares about Lucas. She has told him she loves him as her best friend. And I believe she cares about Rafe though not as a best friend. They have history too and she confided in him about her grief about EJ before they shagged last time she was in town, so at the very least she still see him as worth shagging. I think the opposite is true, though, that Sami's continuing feelings for EJ get diminished in order to prop up Lucas or make him more relevant or important to Sami's life NOW when Sami ain't thinking about him that way and hasn't for a long time. She loves / cares about her ex husbands as her friends similarly to how Marlena views Roman, father to two of her kids.

I also firmly believe that if AS ever returned to Days full-time, they would put Sami and Rafe back together cause TPTB consider Rafe to be leading man material, not Lucas. TPTB don't care about Lucas, have moved on from a love story concluded over a decade ago, and they won't ever even contemplate reuniting Sami with Lucas as long as Rafe is there. They show that when they don't bother to write for Lucas whether or not Sami is in town. It sucks for BD but Corday has been consistent on this for many years.

That wasn't clear previously since it was still stating Johnny and Sydney, so thank you for clarifying.

IMO no one is ignoring Sami's history with Lucas or Kate but rather there is an importance being placed on unions from years ago that have evolved over time and are no longer of everyday importance to focus on. It comes across to me that it is about Sami carrying Lucas and Kate when it seems that everytime she is in town, she must spend time with them even if there is no legitimate storyline reason to do so. No one has forgotten their long history just because they don't have scenes together nowadays but as I see it, their past is not their current & they shouldn't have to dwell in reliving their past constantly when all have moved on. 

Sami and Lucas weren't married when they were young.  For years, Austin was believed to be Will's father.  Sami and Lucas were friends, they became enemies, they eventually fell in love, were on again off again, and were finally married then divorced less than a year later.

Sami, Kate, and Lucas will continue to have to deal with each other because of Will, Allie, and Arianna.  When Will was believed dead, there was a reason Sami fell into Kate's arms.  I actually find Sami's relationship with Kate more interesting than the ones she has with Rafe and Lucas.

As for EJ, James Scott has said several times he has no interest in returning to Days.  I believe the reason EJ has fans is because of James Scott.  That being the case, Ken Corday could at least wrap that SL up instead of continuing to drag it out.

• Love 4

(Warning: this will be long)

Boy oh boy, wasn't it clear how Friday's episode was written before the announcement came down that the show was renewed? Ron was throwing everything and the kitchen sink into that script. It was overkill and it was silly. I realize I'm probably alone in sounding bitter about all this, but I have to be honest. And I think you guys can take my honesty.

Kristen is the new Stefano, in my opinion. She is irredeemable.

Viewers feeling that way about this character is exactly why I think the show is pretty much irredeemable at this point. It has lost all sense of nuance with its character portrayals and is perfectly willing to throw established history out the window for whatever idea the current showrunner happens to think is fun. Dena focused on the Hernandez family and worshipped at the altar of Dan the tan man... Ron wants as much camp and nods to past history as possible, and is very adept at spinning loose story threads into confrontations, but not so good at maintaining believability or taking things slow and letting them build up over time. He 'tells' instead of 'shows' all the time.

John was not wrong when he pointed out that Kristen should be happy just to be alive. I don't believe someone with her finesse or resources would just show up at this stupid wedding with the intention of shooting Marlena at point-blank range dressed as Susan, and in the process throw away all of her freedom when she had over two years to plan what revenge to take. This is the same Kristen that tried to poison Marlena with a chocolate? The same Kristen who successfully pretended to be Susan for weeks because she knew it was the only way she could get out of town? Kristen is patient and cunning and clever and has good ideas. Unless the head writers suck. Her raping of Eric was a bad, nonsensical idea and it didn't amount anything useful for the show or the character. Stealing Theresa's baby I can almost justify because it was kind of a crime of passion...but this? Blowing the fact that everybody felt she was dead for good just to stand up at a wedding surrounded by ISA agents and pull a gun on Marlena? I would have laughed at how funny it was that no one thought they could tackle her skinny ass to the ground, except it wasn't funny. It was just another example of how lame this show has become.

But again, I can kind of understand.  I firmly believe this episode was written to be the last Friday Cliffhanger before the show went out. Wasn't it supposed to end by September if it was not renewed? This episode is the proof that things were very close to the final curtain call. If you had to wrap things up on Days of Our Lives, this would probably be the way to do it. That being said it didn't move me or keep me on the edge of my seat so much as make me wish there were higher standards for script writing. This really did sound like fan fiction.

True, I am bitter that Eileen was not there to play the character, but honestly I'm not sure she could have even sold this well. Every other sentence was a reference to character history in a way that just felt completely unnatural. In one episode, we got references to Sami having Ben strangle Will, Kristen's rape of Eric, Kristen stealing Theresa's baby, Brady seeing the good in Kristen, Marlena trying to kill Kristen in Italy, Kristen's contempt for Susan, Kristen's friendship with Jennifer, Kristen randomly explaining how she revived EJ, Sami being reminded of her contempt towards John, and her love of EJ.... I mean they might as well have read off their character bios. There was nothing natural about any of that dialogue. But again, if you have five episodes left and this is your last Friday cliff-hanger you might as well, right?

I think the biggest conceit that the show failed to pull off on Friday was this idea that Sami was so disoriented because of the drugs that Kristen might successfully be able to talk her into shooting her own mother. That is absurdity taken to a level that I can't even stomach. Watching poor Alison Sweeney have to stumble into the wedding and act incoherent was one thing. Watching her have to stand there with a gun turning her head back and forth like she just couldn't make up her mind where to look or what to do made me appreciate just how hard it is to be an actor, especially an actor who knows they're being given crappy material and have to pull it off somehow. The whole stupid thing could have ended the second Kristen threw Sami the gun. Sami could have handed it to John and everyone could have taken a turn punching Kristen's lights out and stomping her like a bug. Hell, Abigail got to punch Ben...but here no one can get the drop on skinny Kristen? ERIC of all people has to try to sneak around and grab her? And you guys call yourselves cops and spies and PIs. Yeesh. After having nightmares and getting a creepy doll, I'm pretty sure Marlena would have had the foresight to request some security at the wedding. She's been kidnapped how many times? The woman should be smarter than to just have a wedding out in the open without any backup.

The absolute best thing about the show this week has been Chandler Massey, who managed to sell what was a pretty inevitable turn of events as if it was revelatory and profound. I knew we would get flashbacks to Will's life, but I didn't think Chandler would be able to summon up enough of a performance to make me care. He did and then some. Hell, he even rubbed off on Face Cream Freddie, who seemed to slowly come back to life for the first time in years..!! I hope he puts some of this stuff in his Emmy reel for next year because it was worth the wait.

Staci was fine. She did as well as anybody could possibly do when being asked to stand in for someone else during events that are the culmination of 30 years of television history.

I liked Marlena's tree-style dress. I also liked Claire's song, which was surprisingly short. It figures the one good song she sings on this show lasts less than a minute. Watching Eve happily tap her foot along to Claire's performance pissed me off though. The show really botched their friendship. She seemed so sincere and enthusiastic about mentoring Claire after Paige died and now the two barely have any scenes together.

Generally, I'm apathetic. If we ever get Eileen back as Kristen, it will be at least another year before it airs.

I'm not surprised to hear so many of you applaud this episode for being a classic because it was going for that big time. I think the Will stuff, with its quiet moments of brilliant acting, completely nailed what I like about soaps. Watching Kristen further cross the line into irredeemability made my heart sink.

Is this really all days has left to do? Reenact it's better episodes with one tenth of the budget and enthusiasm?

..sad. I wanted at least to be mildly entertained by this, but I wasn't. It's like those fantasy sequences they filmed with a Bonnie last fall. It wouldn't have taken too much effort to actually nail the "Baby Jane" homage, but it felt like they just had the idea and then did whatever with it and didn't care about finessing it. That's a little bit how I feel about the show in general these days. I didn't even really like Ron's Return of Will storyline last fall because it was so outlandish. The show seems proud of the fact that it wrote Sami sicking Ben on Will...and yet I think that's the stupidest part of the whole story line, and there was plenty of stupid to pick from. Rolfe falling in love with Susan? Susan telling Will that he was married to Sami and had kids with her even though she's obviously twice his age? Roger having a serious long-term relationship with a woman who's lying to an amnesiac man so that she can pretend he's her dead son? Hun??

Overall Ron is doing the things that I think should be happening on the show, but I can't get into the way he's doing them because those quiet moments don't sing the way they need to.

Anyway, Staci is not a trainwreck and I suppose I'll be tuning in regardless just to see how this goes. But I think I've given up hope of ever really loving this show or finding it entertaining the way I did in 2012/13. I just have no faith in the showrunners anymore. Unless someone really special comes along I don't see how things will improve before the axe inevitably falls.

Edited by DisneyBoy
6 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

John was not wrong when he pointed out that Kristen should be happy just to be alive. I don't believe someone with her finesse or resources would just show up at this stupid wedding with the intention of shooting Marlena at point-blank range dressed as Susan, and in the process throw away all of her freedom when she had over two years to plan what revenge to take. This is the same Kristen that tried to poison Marlena with a chocolate? The same Kristen who successfully pretended to be Susan for weeks because she knew it was the only way she could get out of town? Kristen is patient and cunning and clever and has good ideas. Unless the head writers suck. Her raping of Eric was a bad, nonsensical idea and it didn't amount anything useful for the show or the character. Stealing Theresa's baby I can almost justify because it was kind of a crime of passion...but this? Blowing the fact that everybody felt she was dead for good just to stand up at a wedding surrounded by ISA agents and pulling a gun on Marlena? I would have laughed at how funny it was that no one thought they could tackle her skinny ass to the ground, except it wasn't funny. It was just another example of how lame this show has become.

All of the things that you listed is the reason why I believe that she is evil and irredeemable.  I understand that you love Kristen, but, she is  an awful person. It is why I said that she is the new Stefano.  What did Eric ever do to her? She targeted him,  because of his mother, she violated him and made a mockery of his priesthood..

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 9
6 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

But again, I can kind of understand.  I firmly believe this episode was written to be the last Friday Cliffhanger before the show went out. Wasn't it supposed to end by September if it was not renewed? This episode is the proof that things were very close to the final curtain call. If you had to wrap things up on Days of Our Lives, this would probably be the way to do it. That being said it didn't move me or keep me on the edge of my seat so much as make me wish there were higher standards for script writing. This really did sound like fan fiction.

Ron wrote the Jarlena wedding as a chaotic and dramatic event to coincide with the show's 53rd anniversary and the first Jarlena wedding in 1986.  John and Marlena got married in 1986 after Marlena woke up from her coma and they wanted to celebrate by renewing their vows as Roman and Marlena. Ron did the reverse this time, they are getting married and then Marlena's life will be in jeopardy.  Ron wanted to kick off the new season with a bang. It had nothing to do with the show's possible cancellation.

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 8

Will did such a good job showing his fear and love when remembering his life.   I just can’t get into Wilson.  Yes, Will cheated by honesty I felt Sonny was a terrible husband.  

• Love 2
43 minutes ago, Harmony233 said:

I have my issues with RC but I feel like days is the only soap that's being written like a soap right now.

I only watch GH and DAYS so I can't speak about the others but I'm barely tolerating GH these days while DAYS has me glued to my seat. I'm watching soaps for 30 years and IMO this past week especially Friday is what a soap should be.

• Love 11

The problem I have with what they are doing with Sami is she would have to be really really drugged not to shoot Kristen the minute she had the gun.  The only thing that stopped Sami from shooting Stefano at point blank range was Lucas and Marlena surprising her by coming in the door behind her.

• Love 3

The problem with soaps nowadays is pacing.  We had a good episode on Friday, but I probably would have held off having will get his memory back till later...why have that plus kristen's hostage situation happen in the same episode.  Dont share everything at once, share you're good stuff in pieces to keep the viewers coming back for more.

• Love 4
16 hours ago, TigerLynx said:

Sami and Lucas weren't married when they were young.  For years, Austin was believed to be Will's father.  Sami and Lucas were friends, they became enemies, they eventually fell in love, were on again off again, and were finally married then divorced less than a year later.

Sami, Kate, and Lucas will continue to have to deal with each other because of Will, Allie, and Arianna.  When Will was believed dead, there was a reason Sami fell into Kate's arms.  I actually find Sami's relationship with Kate more interesting than the ones she has with Rafe and Lucas.

As for EJ, James Scott has said several times he has no interest in returning to Days.  I believe the reason EJ has fans is because of James Scott.  That being the case, Ken Corday could at least wrap that SL up instead of continuing to drag it out.

I know all of that and my statement of their history wasn't in chronological order even though it ticked all their boxes. My point being that Sami shouldn't have to constantly acknowledge her history with characters on the show whenever she pops up, esp exes and Kate. Her limited visits requires her driving story elsewhere. No other character is being asked to constantly hype up past relationships, esp those not driving any story. Sami has a lot of blood related and immediately family in town, so her seeing her parents, her siblings, her kids, her grandchild... those are the relationships that matter, IMO. Sami shouldn't have to sit down and rehash for the audience her past with either ex husband nor her former mother in law everytime she visits. 

James Scott will likely never return to Days even though rumor has it that they have asked him several times to return. Most EJami fans I know are fine with that and use Last Week Tonight's EJami reunion as their HEA so anything Days does is just extra gravy.

Also, Days has the option to recast EJ which could be why they are continuing to play the beat of Sami mourning him still so strongly after all these years if they are thinking to do just that. Kristen using him to manipulate Sami can't be coincidence. I don't see anything wrong with Sami still mourning EJ just like I don't see anything wrong with her not being interested in devoting her time in Salem to seeing Kate or Lucas. Seems with Sami, the pain of losing EJ is still fresh so IMO there is a reason they are playing that beat and it can't be because of James Scott... who I think almost everyone who pays attention to Days knows is 99.5% likely to never return. If Days is willing to recast Susan/Kristen, it isn't a stretch to believe they will recast EJ. 

1 hour ago, Chick2Chic said:

I know all of that and my statement of their history wasn't in chronological order even though it ticked all their boxes. My point being that Sami shouldn't have to constantly acknowledge her history with characters on the show whenever she pops up, esp exes and Kate. Her limited visits requires her driving story elsewhere. No other character is being asked to constantly hype up past relationships, esp those not driving any story. Sami has a lot of blood related and immediately family in town, so her seeing her parents, her siblings, her kids, her grandchild... those are the relationships that matter, IMO. Sami shouldn't have to sit down and rehash for the audience her past with either ex husband nor her former mother in law everytime she visits. 

There is nothing wrong with Lumi fans being nostalgic about a coupling that was thrown under the bus to prop Ejamie.  I love Lumi, always have and always will..

I also think that the Kate/Sami partnership was a goldmine  that the show failed to capitalize on in driving stories.

That portrait of Kammie that hung in the Dimera mansion was divine.  They looked beautiful, strong, feminine and in charge, sigh!

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 10
1 hour ago, Chick2Chic said:

James Scott will likely never return to Days even though rumor has it that they have asked him several times to return. Most EJami fans I know are fine with that and use Last Week Tonight's EJami reunion as their HEA so anything Days does is just extra gravy.

Also, Days has the option to recast EJ which could be why they are continuing to play the beat of Sami mourning him still so strongly after all these years if they are thinking to do just that. Kristen using him to manipulate Sami can't be coincidence. I don't see anything wrong with Sami still mourning EJ just like I don't see anything wrong with her not being interested in devoting her time in Salem to seeing Kate or Lucas. Seems with Sami, the pain of losing EJ is still fresh so IMO there is a reason they are playing that beat and it can't be because of James Scott... who I think almost everyone who pays attention to Days knows is 99.5% likely to never return. If Days is willing to recast Susan/Kristen, it isn't a stretch to believe they will recast EJ. 

Lucas is Sami's best friend, Will and Allie's father, Arianna's grandfather, and Alison Sweeney loves working with BD and LK (Kate).  I believe Sami was used to prop Rafe more than anyone else.  Why shouldn't Sami/Lucas/Kate have SLs together?  Sami and Kate are comedy gold.

Ken Corday doesn't give a damn about the Ejami fans.  The only reason he keeps dangling that carrot is in an effort to try to get them watching full time again.  I doubt that will ever happen because Ken Corday was to vocal about how much he disliked Ejami.

I don't think a recast of EJ would work because James Scott is the one who made EJ popular.

1 hour ago, Apprentice79 said:

There is nothing wrong with Lumi fans being nostalgic about a coupling that was thrown under the bus to prop Ejamie.  I love Lumi, always have and always will..

I also think that the Kate/Sami partnership was a goldmine  that the show failed to capitalize on in driving stories.

That portrait of Kammie that hung in the Dimera mansion was divine.  They looked beautiful, strong, feminine and in charge, sigh!

Kate/Sami are always good whether they are fighting or working together.

Kristen drugged and raped Eric.  If Sami got the chance, she would kill Kristen in a second.

Edited by TigerLynx
  • Love 6

It was a highly entertaining show on Friday!  But Eric really didn't help the situation when he lunged for the gun.  Paul was sitting right there and he did nothing.  Not to mention that as soon as Kristen tossed the gun to Sami, John had is hand on her shoulder, all he had to do was grab the gun.  Plus, if you were a wedding guest and guns were being tossed through the air, wouldn't you skedaddle out of there?  Once Sami had the gun, no  one was compelled to stay.  So all of that was pretty silly, but this is Salem after all.

I enjoyed the reveal of Susan as really Kristen, that was hilarious.

I feel really bad for Paul.

• Love 8
20 hours ago, TigerLynx said:

As for EJ, James Scott has said several times he has no interest in returning to Days.  I believe the reason EJ has fans is because of James Scott. 

This is true for me.  I also hold out no hope that JS would ever return to Days.

I always preferred EJ with Nicole and Sami with Lucas.

• Love 8

I've never really been much of a John/Marlena fan, and I couldn't give less of a crap about their umpteenth wedding, but I have to appreciate the show focusing on a longtime legacy couple this way. Finding a soap that still gives its vets screentime and lets them drive story like this is a rare thing, so I have to give kudos for that. Also, many of the cast members seemed to genuinely be having fun with each other, which I enjoy watching tremendously.

I've never cared for Kristen or Susan (I didn't watch back in the day and have only seen Kristen/Susan in recent years) so I have zero attachment to Eileen Davidson. Much to my surprise I actually really enjoyed Stacy Haiduk's portrayal of both characters quite a bit. Though I take offense to her calling Eric "Father Doofus." I personally would've gone with "Father Hottie," but to each their own.

There was too much stupid going on at that wedding to list, especially since everyone else here has already covered most of it (why couldn't the several dozen guests manage to get the drop on one woman? Why didn't someone take the gun from Sami right away?) but I don't really expect much else at this point, so whatever. It's a classic old-school soapy catastrophe, and it's given us a break from the Vortex of Abigail which has engulfed the show recently, so I'll call it a win-win.

• Love 9
4 hours ago, Chick2Chic said:

For me personally, this isn't an EJ vs Lucas debate.  I'm one of  those people that when Sami comes back I wait for her scenes with Lucas and Kate, not because I think she props them but because those three characters have such a rich history with one another. Dare I say more so than Sami has had with others.  If you discount Marlena, Roman, and John who else would you be really anticipating Sami to have scenes with? Possibly Eric, which is exactly what we got on her last visit.  I'm discounting Will/Ari cause I see that as a given.

I don't think blood relatives are really a factor.  Caroline isn't on the show and I personally have no clamoring to see a Kayla/Sami scene.  Seeing Sami with the younger generation would be nice; Ciara and Claire but not necessarily something that would come to mind. 

For me though it's also an issue of who would Sami want to see on her return? For me, I believe that Sami would have a vested interest in "wanting" to see Lucas and Kate. 

Full disclosure, I feel this way about other characters as well.  When Carrie comes to town I like to see her in scenes with Roman, John, and Marlena.  If Chelsea came back I would very much want to see her in scenes with Abigail, Ciara, Lucas, Kate, and especially Theo.

• Love 7

Ron wanted to kick off the new season with a bang. It had nothing to do with the show's possible cancellation.

...are we sure of that? What was the timeline for the show's final episode prior to the renewal announcement?

Eileen who?

Eileen who made this show awesome, hallowed be thy name....that's who. 

The problem I have with what they are doing with Sami is she would have to be really really drugged not to shoot Kristen the minute she had the gun.

THANK YOU.

ESPECIALLY if she'd just been held captive and separated from her kids and drugged and had to escape to save Marlena. Did Bo ask questions when he first met Aiden after his whole ordeal? Nope. He beat the ever loving stuffing out of him. How Sami didn't is a mystery. Hell, I could even imagine Jennifer jumping Kristen after that birthmark comment. Remember how enraged everyone was when Dan dragged Kristen into the Salem Police Station a few years ago? Everyone was holding each other back. How was nobody jumping her at the wedding when she was expressly stating her desire to shoot Marlena in the freaking face?!

*applauds* I wasn't even there for the Lumi stuff, but assume it was a mess, from what y'all have said. Poor Lucas. Pushed aside for the rapist.

And yes, that team-up was one of the best storylines the show did these last five years. So fun, delicious and a reversal of all the crappy soap tropes about women fighting each other.

Absolutely. But look at the mess they've made of Joe's passing. And now, of Kristen's metamorphosis into another actress. *shakes head* Should we start up on the subject of Caroline "She has Alzheimer's/Nope, now she doesn't - it's just magic powers/Whoops - now she's completely AWOL" Brady?

I still hope for Lumi, and I kinda think Lucas deserves better at the same time. 

If Days is willing to recast Susan/Kristen, it isn't a stretch to believe they will recast EJ. 

Oh absolutely. I never thought they'd give Kristen away to someone else unless ED went to prison or died. EJ is infinitely more recastable. And Ron has shown he wants to tell the stories he wants to tell come hell or high water, regardless of who is available and willing to film.

(Yes, bitter).

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Love 4
54 minutes ago, DisneyBoy said:

And Ron has shown he wants to tell the stories he wants to tell come hell or high water, regardless of who is available and willing to film.

And that's both the good and the bad news. Good for those who want to see lingering stories come to a climax and/or move forward, and bad for folks like us who really miss Eileen. Although I will say, you got me beat in that department x1000 ;-)

• Love 7
12 hours ago, TigerLynx said:

I don't think a recast of EJ would work because James Scott is the one who made EJ popular.

I missed all of Sami's "love stories", and only remember when she was jealous of Carrie and wanted to steal Austin from her. So I don't have a preference for Lumi or Ejami or Safe, etc.  As for EJ, I only saw him for a few weeks back in summer 2014, back when Sami was planning her wedding to him (was it a remarriage?) and EJ had cheated on her with Abigail.  Because Sami, who I'd previously disliked due to the above-mentioned Austin thing, was the only character I knew, I was instantly on her side, and disliked both EJ and Abigail  Then EJ was shot not long after. So I didn't really get to "know" EJ, but what I did see of him, I didn't care for.  But I can understand why EJami fans wouldn't want EJ recast.

And speaking of recasts, Stacy did a fine job portraying Susan. It was hard to tell it was a different actress. But, even though she did a good job Friday, I found it distracting seeing her as Kristen.  I almost wish they'd had a quick comment that she looked different due to plastic surgery to fix her face after her non-death.  After all, I never questioned it when the show told us Drake was Roman. 

I wasn't watching when Will and Sonny fell in love and got married, so the flashbacks weren't that special to me. However, I did like the present time scenes between them.

So even though the show was over-the-top soapy on Friday, you know with flying false teeth and all, it is a soap opera, so soapy is good. 

• Love 7
17 hours ago, Chick2Chic said:

But what exactly has Sami done in her past visits that constitutes her being shackled to Lucas and Kate and constantly talking about their history anyway?  The last time she was in town the majority of Lucas and Sami's scenes together were discussing their son who had just retuned from the dead.  It would be ludicrous for them not to have scenes together to discuss their now-alive son.  IIRC they also had a couple of scenes where Sami mentioned Lucas' relapse, and she was able to finally convince him to get sober again and go to rehab by encouraging him and telling him his kids need him etc.  Again, Sami expressing concern and support or her friend of 20 years and the father of two of her children is a natural thing to do. 

Sami had plenty of scenes with John and Marlena, Will, Eric, Rafe etc. on her last visit, so it's not like she was sitting in the corner and only allowed to interact with Lucas and Kate.

• Love 6

Well, that was an episode! And, boy, do you all have some feelings about what’s going on. I think that’s great. Love it or leave it, I’d rather the show elicit some sort of response from the audience than just lull us all into sleep.

And I too have some thoughts.

I’ve really enjoyed that the elements of humor that have been tossed in this week. I like when Days is funny and winks at its own ridiculousness. The show used to do that more often, and it’s good to have that sense of fun back.

The new actress tackling Kristen/Susan is working for me. Sure, it would be nice to have the original back, but I can’t really grouse too much about that. It could have been a lot worse.

I agree with those of you saying that almost anyone at the wedding could have taken down Kristen at any time. But … this is a soap. Shit like this happens all the time. It’s basically a universal truth of soap operas that no one will do the most logical thing in any given situation so that the greatest amount of drama can be wrung from the situation. Sure, the argument that no one did the smart thing is true. But it’s true for 90% of current and past story lines as well. Best not to dwell on it.

Oh, Will. It’s good to have him back. And, yes, the actor nailed it. But, man … those scenes really killed the momentum of the episode for me. And Sonny just came off as smarmy. I get that’s he’s thrilled that Will’s memory is back and that Will clearly has feelings for him again. But he’s also pushy as hell, and it’s not a good look. Also, he has a weird mouth. But maybe I’m just bitter because I prefer Paul.

I want to see Eric’s birthmark.

• Love 14
10 hours ago, bobcat1946 said:

I like Nicole with Brady, Daniel, Eric and anyone but EJ.   Prefer him with Sami.

I think it's a good thing that both Sami and Nicole have fans of their different pairings.  It means they have more versatility and possible SLs.

3 hours ago, buffynut said:

I missed all of Sami's "love stories", and only remember when she was jealous of Carrie and wanted to steal Austin from her. So I don't have a preference for Lumi or Ejami or Safe, etc.  As for EJ, I only saw him for a few weeks back in summer 2014, back when Sami was planning her wedding to him (was it a remarriage?) and EJ had cheated on her with Abigail.  Because Sami, who I'd previously disliked due to the above-mentioned Austin thing, was the only character I knew, I was instantly on her side, and disliked both EJ and Abigail  Then EJ was shot not long after. So I didn't really get to "know" EJ, but what I did see of him, I didn't care for.  But I can understand why EJami fans wouldn't want EJ recast.

I'm not an Ejami fan, but I do know that EJ was supposed to be killed off back in 2007, and the reason he wasn't was because of James Scott's popularity.

Edited by TigerLynx
  • Love 3

Stacy is just fantastic. She nailed both characters..

I loved Wilson, poor Paul.

Eric is the best brother, he mediated beautifully between his warring sisters. I loved Belle saying that he always takes Sami's side, he denied it, but it is true.  Their sibling row reminded me of  the Brady siblings back in the day. As much as Bo loved his sister Kim, Kayla was his favorite sister.  The same goes for Roman, Kim was his favorite sister. 

The Belle/Sami fight seemed off to me, it would have made sense if it was Carrie railing against Sami's reckless actions. Belle has always admired Sami's impulsivity and ingenuity.  Sami has always doted on Belle. This acrimony does not fit their history as sisters. Belle should know that Sami would never hurt Marlena and John. I understand tensions are high, given the circumstances, but, that scene really bothered me. It is just another way for Sami to be humiliated, slapped and scolded. It has gotten old, writers, move on..

Brady was defending Kristen to Eve. We already know what that means, Brady and Kristen will be hitting the sheets really soon. He is such an idiot.

I loved Eve thinking about Tate's safety.

Jarlena always excel when they are facing an adversary. I loved Marlena worrying about John's safety as she laid on the ground, suffering from a gunshot wound.  She has always loved that man desperately and wholeheartedly..

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 14

Stacy Haiduk is doing it for me as Kristen as well.  It's not Eileen, but it's its own solid interpretation, like when Alicia Minshew took over playing Kendall on AMC or when Tamara Braun took over playing Carly on GH.  There was one little moment today, when Kristen grabbed Claire as a shield, where she had this quick evil smile, so giddy at the chaos she was causing, that I in particular kinda loved.

On one hand, the Will/Sonny stuff Friday and today is classic soap and Chandler Massey in particular is doing a great job.  But ugh, Sonny, still making this all about himself.  When he said whatever today about not wanting to pressure Will, I was like, dude, that's ALLLLLL you've done!

• Love 14

After perusing twitter during the show today im afraid to say I'm enjoying Stacy as Kristen. Yikes.  I'm seeing a lot of people getting attacked for saying it. I feel like its safe here. IMO she kicked ass today. No she's not Eileen but if there had to be a recast they nailed it.

• Love 11
14 minutes ago, howmanywords said:

After perusing twitter during the show today im afraid to say I'm enjoying Stacy as Kristen. Yikes.  I'm seeing a lot of people getting attacked for saying it. I feel like its safe here. IMO she kicked ass today. No she's not Eileen but if there had to be a recast they nailed it.

There's one particularly obnoxious stan on Twitter who's been having a fit about the recasting.  I just don't get it.  If you hate it, hate it, but don't tell people they're wrong for having THEIR OWN OPINION.  And it's not like they ditched Eileen to recast, she was unavailable!

And I agree with the bolded.  I think soap fans, fairly, are anxious about recasts because bad ones outnumber the good ones, but sometime soaps nail it and they did this time, IMO.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 10
1 hour ago, Apprentice79 said:

The Belle/Sami fight seemed off to me, it would have made sense if it was Carrie railing against Sami's reckless actions.

Given we know that the show asked Christie Clark to appear and she was unavailable - and who knows at what point in the writing/planning process that was - your comment made me wonder if this beat was originally supposed to be a Carrie/Sami thing.

• Love 8

I will always see the characters being ED but after today I give kudos to SH for her good work. I knew how good she was on Y&R but she really was fantastic today and did justice to both characters.

• Love 8
2 hours ago, rcc said:

I will always see the characters being ED but after today I give kudos to SH for her good work. I knew how good she was on Y&R but she really was fantastic today and did justice to both characters.

I loved everything that Susan said to Sonny. I am so happy that she apologized for making Will deny who he was to prop up her delusions about EJ. That line about Will releasing his inner rainbow had me rolling.. 

I am in awe of Stacy. I know that it is sacrilegious to say that because of the Eileen fans, but, that is how I feel..

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 12

It's Eric's fault Marlena got shot.

Shoot her!  Nobody cares if Claire dies! See, even her grandfather, John, didn't care when Steve told him.  :)

Yeah, Sonny, completely forget about Paul, why should he possibly matter?

"I could have ended up like a human popsicle."

Belle is being ridiculous.

It's ridiculous Rafe arrested Sami with no investigation.

• Love 11
19 minutes ago, bobcat1946 said:

Poor Sami.  Yes she did her part in the shooting of Marlena but Eric helped out but only Sami is blamed.

Eric was a dumbass, trying to grab the gun from behind. It was just an accident. Belle acted like Sami purposely shot Marlena. I was so happy to see her, but, she has been very bitchy.  Hitting Sami was over the top and mean.  I did not like how she treated Susan either last week in Marlena's room.  Marlena showed  Susan so much compassion when she did not have to.

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 11

While I love Eileen - Stacy has been a great recast.  I'm really enjoying her version of Kristen/Susan.  She's knocking it out of the park.

And while I love that Will has gotten his memories back - I hate that we still have Sonny panting after him with all the "do you remember me? Do you remember our love" - he's more worried about Will remembering that then if he remembers his family or his daughter - it's all about Sonny & their epic love.  Makes me want to vomit (I know this is all coming from the fact that I adore Paul (& Paulson) & hate he's going to get stomped on)

Am also happy to see Sami again.  I have always loved Sami no matter what horrible things she is doing & hope she is back for at least a little while.

I did also get a little misty eyed listening to Will as he remembers his parents

Edited by Princess Consuela
Adding to it
  • Love 8

Another excellent episode!  SH is doing the required scenery chewing for both Kristen and Susan's scenes but I think I love her Kristen the best--she's gloriously evil and I kind of dig it :)

I guess I'm in the minority but I had zero problems with Belle's slapping Sami.  Belle had just watched her parents being threatened by a psycho, her mom was then shot and now the psycho decided to make her escape by using her daughter as a human shield--her nerves are shot to hell and she unleashed it on the sister who keeps showing up and causing mayhem.  Right or wrong, Belle acted in an emotional way to an extremely emotional moment and if their positions were reversed, Sami would have done the same.

I really liked how Chandler played Will's scenes today, especially his genuine confusion on what's going to happen in the future for him, Sonny and Paul.  And looking at Sonny's face, he realizes there is just as good a chance as Will's deciding to stay with Paul as coming back to him.

Eve cracked me up with her "I'm always going to think of Kristen as the woman who tried to take Tate from Theresa."  Weren't you and Brady doing the same thing a month ago?  Now she's going to be the over-protective big sister?  WTF?!

Edited by kitmerlot1213
  • Love 9
1 hour ago, Silver Raven said:

It's Eric's fault Marlena got shot.

Shoot her!  Nobody cares if Claire dies! See, even her grandfather, John, didn't care when Steve told him.  :)

Yeah, Sonny, completely forget about Paul, why should he possibly matter?

"I could have ended up like a human popsicle."

Belle is being ridiculous.

It's ridiculous Rafe arrested Sami with no investigation.

Ridiculous, yes. Surprising? Nope. Because Rafe is a moron! You can't fix stupid.

4 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

There's one particularly obnoxious stan on Twitter who's been having a fit about the recasting.  I just don't get it.  If you hate it, hate it, but don't tell people they're wrong for having THEIR OWN OPINION.  And it's not like they ditched Eileen to recast, she was unavailable!

Well said (and I know who you are referring to. Not only is attacking an opinion rude but I mean, if you are that pissed off by the recast step back and take a break from watching. Life is too short to have anxiety over a fictional character lol

• Love 10
1 hour ago, kitmerlot1213 said:

Another excellent episode!  SH is doing the required scenery chewing for both Kristen and Susan's scenes but I think I love her Kristen the best--she's gloriously evil and I kind of dig it :)

I guess I'm in the minority but I had zero problems with Belle's slapping Sami.  Belle had just watched her parents being threatened by a psycho, her mom was then shot and now the psycho decided to make her escape by using her daughter as a human shield--her nerves are shot to hell and she unleashed it on the sister who keeps showing up and causing mayhem.  Right or wrong, Belle acted in an emotional way to an extremely emotional moment and if their positions were reversed, Sami would have done the same.

I was going to post something similar but you said it better.   It was nice to Claire have her parents.  She always seems alone to me.  

20 minutes ago, howmanywords said:

Ridiculous, yes. Surprising? Nope. Because Rafe is a moron! You can't fix stupid.

Hope has forgiven Rafe.  Hope has not forgiven Sami.   Rafe wants to keep it that way.  

Why isn’t Brady at the hospital?   

• Love 4
2 hours ago, kitmerlot1213 said:

Sami did not cause this mayhem. Kristen did.

Kristen kidnapped and drugged Sami. For weeks.

Sami escaped to save her mother. 

Kristen designed that moment with a dazed, drugged Sami as weapon against Marlena and John.

Sami didn't asked for any of that.

• Love 13
1 hour ago, tribeca said:

Why isn’t Brady at the hospital?   

Because the show’s current writers forgot that Marlena is Brady’s mother as well. She raised him and is the only mother he has ever known, but why be at the hospital for his parents or his siblings when he can be having a conversation with Nope and Chafe that could have taken place later or over the phone.

2 hours ago, howmanywords said:

Rafe is a moron! You can't fix stupid.

Truer words have rarely been spoken. We need this on a t-shirt.

• Love 9

Sonny, stop pressuring Will to remember his past life with you. Give him some time and space. If it is meant to be, both of you will reconnect when you are ready.

Susan has grown and was really cute with Will - and took responsibility for her actions.

I'm kinda liking Stacy as Kristen and Susan. She is doing a very good job in a role with a lot of history.

Claire as collateral damage? Really? I'm surprised that Paul didn't make any move with Sami and Eric and the gun. I get Belle's slapping her sister, but... and Rafe, oh, Rafe, how much fun to arrest your former girlfriend/wife/fiancée whatever she was. Hope will be thrilled to have a showdown. Also very surprised that no one in Salem heard any shots and reported the shooting to the cops - all the phones certainly could not have been in the basket. Given how people are obsessed with their phones, surely someone would have been recording the nuptials.

Since when is Eve protective of her little sister? Hypocrisy.

• Love 8
4 hours ago, kitmerlot1213 said:

Eve cracked me up with her "I'm always going to think of Kristen as the woman who tried to take Tate from Theresa."  Weren't you and Brady doing the same thing a month ago?  Now she's going to be the over-protective big sister?  WTF?!

Seriously.  I haven't forgotten your previous heinousness, Eve, and I still thirst for your comeuppance.  Maybe Kristen will help me out.

• Love 8