Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

(edited)

What I gathered was that Kate wants to break Jordan and Rafe up to get Rafe for herself, I think, and Sami has been drafted to tell Jordan so Kate isn't the bad guy.  Now here's my problem with this.  Sami is the victim in her own cheating situation and getting flack from everyone for confronting Abby about it.  The last thing I want is Sami to get dumped on for cluing Jordan in on what Rafe did on top of it.

I agree that Sami being involved is... something..  Not sure if hypocritical is the word, but, it's hinky.  Jordan is essentially in the Sami position, with her "love" having cheated on her and kept it a secret.  Now, Sami is tasked with going in and blowing Jordan's world apart -- just like Sami's was -- in order to facilitate getting Rafe together with the Other Woman, Kate.

I wonder if the writers will even address this; or if they're even aware that angle exists?  Perhaps they just wrote it that Sami is Kate's partner and has to do the dirty work to keep Kate's hands clean? 

But, if not, that's an interesting position to put Sami in.  She's Jordan in that scenario and Kate is Abigail.  She hates Abby for being a homewrecker (rightfully so), but she's partnered up with homewrecker Kate?  Granted Rafe/Jordan don't have kids or a terribly long history like Sami/EJ did, but still.  It's kinda hypocritical for Sami to be besties and biz partners with someone who is playing the Abigail to Jordan's Sami role. 

Going back to what I said yesterday about Kate, I just can't see her point in all of this.  She cheated on Stefano with the man who kidnapped him and staged his death and Kate is owed payback??  Huh? 

It's odd to me that we have not really seen any motivation from Kate in this whole situation; just generic bantering about "payback". 

It's not like she needs DE in order to get Rafe back.  And even if she does get Jordan to dump Rafe for hopping into bed with Kate, what good is that going to do?  She's been around the block enough times to figure that Rafe isn't going to come running to jump into bed with the woman who "ruined" his relationship with Jordan.  And then, there's Kate getting revenge on Jordan for.... no reason whatsoever.  Kate is siccing a crazy abusive stepfather on 2 abuse victims... for revenge for the fact that Jordan and Ben did absolutely nothing to her? 

Kate looks incredibly bad to me in this storyline.  All the people she's going after haven't done anything to her; much less anything to necessitate vengeance.  Sure you could argue Kate/Stefano history.  But, AFAIK, Stefano has done nothing bad to Kate in a long time.  Their breakup being the Kate cheating thing, and Stefano having been trying to get her back in the last few months. 

It seems very likely that all of this is going to blow up in Kate's face.  Or, at least it should.  That's why I find her completely unrootable at this point.  She's striking out for no reason, other than greed and jealousy, to get payback that she isn't owed.

Edited by Beach Blonde
  • Love 3
(edited)

I don't think anything about Kate makes sense when it comes to men-chasing, but I am amazed by Lauren Koslow's ability and charisma to make this role work so well. The whole Jordan storyline is completely over my head (and Kate, and possibly the guy from "North and South" might be the most interesting thing about it), but it's like I'm going with it because of Kate's comedic line delivery with Sami.

For those opposed to this plan, I do think Kate deserves more of everybody's wrath. I mean, if Lucas gets involved, I think he needs to step in and tell his mom why she's being strange to Jordan. Everyone is agitated at Sami, but her irritation at the people she's getting back at actually makes sense! Whereas I have no idea what Kate has against Jordan and Ben. In fact, I'm surprised she's not attracted to Ben. I don't have a problem with Kate going after Stephano, because, well, he's Stephano (didn't he blackmail her at some point?), but the Jordan stuff is weird-- although Kate and the guy from "North and South" are the only ones keeping it afloat.  Just as Sami is the only reason I'm giving Abigail the time of day, Kate is the only reason I would bother to understand Jordan and Ben's storyline, which I still don't get, but whatever....)

Of course, when Abigail starts whining about Sami is ruining her life, I hope Ben tells her to shut up and remember how his sister is getting it worse from Kate...

Edited by bantering

I really do think Abigail is insane.  And it might be more apparent if she wasn't surrounded by other people who are just as out of touch with reality.  Her talk with Ben - liked the guy again, the way he deflected her confession - and running after him because IT'S ALL ABOUT HER ALL THE TIME, and then that completely wierd talk she had with E.J. - girl is at least one short of six-pack.  Bad enough that she talked to E.J. like they were some sort of compatriots, but then her slamming both E.J. and Sami when E.J. told her that he would always want to be with Sami was very telling.  Abigail feels no remorse about what she did, because she has nothing but contempt for Sami.  So she's not the "good" person she likes to think she is, or that she's told she is.  She sure as hell is no victim.  Vicious little snake in the grass, ok, that one I'll accept.

Good point about Abby.  She's sure runing around all 'woe is me' about how she's so torn up over what she's done.  And yet, she prances on over to the PD in order to see if EJ loves her and maybe they can still be together.  

That certainly does make her seem a few sandwiches short of a picnic basket.  And, if anything, it should somewhat change the feelings of those attacking Sami and defending Abby.  This wasn't just a 'mistake' she made, and she has no remorse; not if it means that she can still walk away with EJ in the end.  

But, EJ is still hellbent on getting Sami back, and Abby's pissed!  Is anyone else going to get to see this?  Or is everyone going to continue to look at Abby as the poor innocent who was corrupted?  Will they actually follow that through?  Is Abby going to be called on her obsession with EJ?  Or perhaps not, because then Salemites would have to admit that Abby is nearly as bad as EJ is in the affair.  He was more wrong for being the committed one and cheating. But, he at least seems to be done with the affair and regretful.  Whereas Abby has no regrets about what she's done --except for everyone finding out -- and she wants the affair to continue. 

• Love 2
(edited)

I wonder how the town would react if EJ actually took up Abigail on her offer...it seemed like she was giving him an offer, in a sort of implicit way, in the jail...

EJ didn't answer the way she wanted, but if he had said to her what she wanted to hear, yeah, Abigail would be running off with EJ....

Edited by bantering

Hey folks, friendly reminder that you can disagree with other poster's opinions but don't attack the poster. And if you feel attacked use the report button and don't respond in the thread. @radishcake is away right now so we have a few posts hidden until she returns.

Thanks for your attention and carry on!

• Love 1
(edited)

Stefano originally blackmailed Kate into marrying him, and I believe it was said when they divorced that Stefano took everything from Kate, including all the money and companies she owned before she married him.  I don't know how that is possible, except that it's Stefano so he always gets whatever he wants.

I'm loving the Kate/Sami against the Dimeras stuff, but I want her out of the Rafe/Jordan SL because it makes no sense, and is a waste of LK's talent, and Kate as a character.  Bringing Sami into the Rafe/Jordan SL isn't going to make it interesting either.  Unless Sami shoots Clyde because Clyde attacks Kate.

Edited by TigerLynx
(edited)

I apologise if most of this has already been mentioned, but I've only just had time to catch up on this week's Days.  I think if I had watched it day by day I would have been even more annoyed than I am now.  It's exactly as I said before: nobody seems to have realised that Sami is lashing out because EJ and Abby both did something bad.

I have so much I want to say about the various character reactions this week, so here goes:

Adrienne:  I was glad that Adrienne managed to spare a thought for Sami as well as Abby.  I figured Adrienne would jump on the rape bandwagon purely because of how Abby presents herself, and the fact that she dislikes Sami and EJ, EJ most especially because he's a DiMera and all-round terrible human being.  Family loyalty being what it is, I can't say I'm surprised that she would condone Sami outing Abby to Jen.  I do think that she has the wrong idea about the picture that Sami showed Jen-I think she believes it was more saucy than it really was.  I also think that Adrienne has become so self-righteous that she would have a problem with Sami pursuing a revenge plot in general.  I do think Adrienne and most of Salem would have had a more sympathetic reaction if Sami had reacted to the affair in a more typical way.

Lucas:  I figured that Lucas would react the way he did because he hates EJ.  I feel him siding with Abby a little more than Sami is a disappointment, but I get it.  When Lucas suspected that Austin had cheated with Abby on Carrie, he didn't even mention Carrie, he was all about Austin sleeping with his niece.  We didn't even get a reaction from Lucas to Abby faking the whole thing.  Right now Abby is putting forth the impression that she is taking responsibility, but why is she undertaking a damage control tour?  She is badmouthing EJ with the rest of them and she's not really going out of her way to contradict the idea that she was taken advantage of when all is said and done.  At least that's the impression I got from the Lucas exchange.  I suppose the Will interaction is still to come.

Will:  I get that Will is concerned about Abby getting hurt by Sami because when she gets started, there is no stopping her.  I feel like Will is perhaps coming from a place of viewing Abby and Sami as unequally matched opponents, which is something that people have mentioned on here before. 

My opinion is that while that may be true, Abby certainly thought herself equal to Sami when she wanted EJ to leave Sami for her and when she was badmouthing her behind her back while she was sleeping with EJ.  Will needs to see that conference room exchange.  Actually a few people need to see it because they have a lopsided view of how things went down.  Where's Marlena when you need her?

One thing I did like is that Will was mainly concerned for the little kids.  Nobody else really seemed to mention them, which is convenient for Abigail I suppose.  I also got the vibe that Will was concerned that Sami would be hurting herself through her quest for revenge, which kept him off my shit list in the end.  Will and all of Salem seem to be propagating the idea that Abby was grieving over Chad being so dishonest (when Abby willingly had sex with him anyway),when EJ took advantage of her.  That's just not true.  Again, where's the video footage?  And I'm so going to need this show to do a proper infidelity story with Will and Sonny because William needs to get an education in Real Life.  I guess it suits the writers agenda now so Abby talking about how she was a 'grown woman' is all moot.

EJ: I've heard some speculate that EJ is taking the blame on his shoulders because of his feelings for Abby, but he was always going to from how he acted from Jan until now.  He was always reassuring Abby that she is a good person and telling her to let him deal with things when it looked like they were going to be discovered.
  I always knew EJ was going to be blamed by the Salemites anyway, so no surprise there.  EJ seems to be all about getting Sami back so I think it would be bad form if he blamed Abby.  EJ also seems to feel bad for hurting Abby since she took his rejection badly.  He took great pains to reassure her that she was beautiful and that any man would be lucky to have her because he seemed worried that he had damaged her self-esteem.

Ben:  It's nice that Ben was able to have sympathy for EJ and Sami and their family, but I don't get how he can have an opinion on Abby and EJ when it happened before he came along and are they 'together' all of a sudden?  They should have built up their relationship more prior to this coming out.

Abby:  I still feel like Abby is only badmouthing Sami and EJ now because EJ chose Sami in the end.  Even now that the secret is out, he still wants to make it work in spite of Sami's rejection, and for Abby, that has got to sting.  This was her window for EJ to come rushing into her arms and even if he didn't have a jail cell stopping him, he would not be with her. 

I think Abby still has feelings for EJ, so when she's telling EJ and Jennifer that it was just sex and lust, she's telling them what they want to hear and also what will preserve her dignity.  The last thing I want to say about Abby is that she has a constant need for reassurance that she is a good person and she needs to examine why she is so reliant on validation from others.  Even Lucas jumped on the bandwagon  to tell Abby that she is a good person despite the fact that she deliberately hurt people by her actions. 

Abby's list of sins is relatively small, so I'm not saying she's bad to the bone, but this is exactly what everyone said to Carrie and she ended up being a serial cheater, who learned nothing because people fed her ego by telling her she was still a good person time and again.  Abby would be more interesting if she owned her bad behaviour and it's beyond irritating that the whole town has to sing Abby's praises 24/7.

Edited by 271queenie
  • Love 2
(edited)

It's certainly got to sting for Abigail that even after Sami stuck him behind bars, she still wants Sami over Abigail. That's definitely a big burn. So, yeah, I think EJ probably doesn't want to make Abigail feel worse than she probably already does (not about the sleeping with an engaged man part, but losing her dignity even further by looking to see if he'd be interested in taking her and finding out instead he'd still rather have the lady who now has him breaking toilets).

Edited by bantering
  • Love 1

I don't have any sympathy for the boring twit just like I didn't have any for Nicole when she went chasing after EJ when he was married to Sami.  Everyone in Salem knows about EJ's Sami obsession.  I also really hated how they blamed Sami because EJ still wanted Sami.

• Love 2
(edited)

I think the photo clearly shows Abigail is consenting. That's where Jennifer's denial strikes me as a bit stupid. Lucas and the others haven't seen the photo, but Jennifer has...and she'd have to know looking at the photo that Abigail is into it. Unless she thinks EJ told her some sob story and then got her into bed? Whatever.

But if I were Abigail, I probably wouldn't want to outright admit that I LITERALLY and UNEQUIVOCALLY BEGGED  to be his mistress. So thinking about it logically I can see why she wouldn't admit it to doing that -- that's horrendously embarrassing.

Edited by bantering
  • Love 1
(edited)

In the confrontation between Sami and Abigail, I think Jennifer said the only explanation was that, if the picture was real, EJ must have "forced her to do that."

However, she might have changed her opinion after Abigail sort of meekly said she wanted it. Suddenly the sense of defiance she had when she was talking to Adrienne in her defense of EJ seemed to disappear.

Edited by bantering
  • Love 1

LOL@ Sami getting mad about Rafe knowing EJ and Abigail slept together. I thought that was her sole mission was to blab to anyone who would listen about the affair. I guess she didn't think about it making her look just as stupid for marry someone who she just found out was cheating her on her. They need to ff this storyline and reunite them, so they can skip off into the sunset and live happily ever after off screen.

I don't get the feeling that anyone thinks EJ physically assaulted Abby.  It comes across more like they think he manipulated a naïve and innocent girl.

I agree.

Given the way Jen aged thirty years in an instant when she saw the photo, I think she does realize how clearly consensual on Abby's part it is. She's just shoved that way down because it's too upsetting for her to contemplate. (Although, as Dandesun pointed out, it's squicky how everyone would rather Abby had been raped.)

So I just watched "Friday's" episode - that is, the episode that aired on Thursday in much of the country but not where I live. So what happened to the rest of the country for Friday? Did NBC skip airing an episode for you guys so that, come Monday, we'll all be watching the same episode each day?

I did like that Adrienne included Sami - listed her first, even! - when she expressed that she needed to let "them" (Sami and Abby) know that she was on their side. Sure, as soon as she talked to Jen, that was all over with, but at least for a nanosecond she had the reaction that I would expect people to have. And later, Rafe had a similar reaction, and when Kate commented something about Abby not being as innocent as everyone had thought, he didn't rush to defend her! Yes! Finally!

So Lucas is once again on his way out of town, after having had scenes with most everyone except Sami. The nostalgic Lumi fan in me would be raving at that, but after he said that thing to Will about how he'd take the kids out of the house, not so much. (That comment also really bugged me for another reason - he was trying to reassure Will about his siblings, but he only referenced removing Allie and Johnny. I get that to Lucas Sydney is a separate issue, but for Will, Sydney is as much his sibling as Allie and Johnny, so, that's not really that reassuring for Will and Lucas should recognize that.)

Kami was the saving grace of the episode. They're just awesome together. Kate, forget about boring, boring Rafe - especially since he doesn't have any more chemistry with you than he does with Jordan - and stick with Sami. Sami, keep in mind what you said about no more men and stick to Kate. This is the supercouple for the ages, people. When Kate was questioning why Sami was suddenly so territorial over Rafe, I thought about how much interesting it would be if it was actually Kate that Sami was being territorial about. Heh. I'm not campaigning for a romantic hookup necessarily. Just that these two need to go on living together sipping martinis and plotting the destruction of various people forever. Or at least until AS leaves. This kind of material is an enjoyable way to use Sami until AS's departure. The Kami scheme falling apart over boring Rafe and Sami forgiving EJ? Not so much.

• Love 5
(edited)

I still can't tell if Rafe has realized he cheated even after Kate told him what they did.

They moved from a conversation of Sami cheating on Rafe to EJ cheating on Abigail, Rafe mentions something about EJ was never going to change,  and then Kate slides in what they did of their cheating....but there seemed to be no change in facial expression -- like, I don't think he registered that  he'd done the same thing as Sami and EJ. At that point, you'd think guilt or something would pass over his face at the recognition that he'd just put down EJ for not changing his stripes in hurting Sami while Kate was shrewd enough to mention Rafe's cheating after his comment about EJ, but he didn't seem to get it at all that he'd done the same thing. Sami had that "son of a gun" look on her face, but Rafe was his usual dumbo self.

I guess the writers are lucky I don't care that much about Rafe and Jordan's relationship. Or maybe they're lucky that I think Rafe is almost as dumb as Brady -- therefore, I'd definitely come down harder on him otherwise. He doesn't necessarily have to lose his sense of non-self-awareness since this is Days or stop dissing EJ because that's, like, his job, but shouldn't he realize a teensy-eensy bit that what he did was, in fact,  cheating?

Edited by bantering
  • Love 1

I figure logically, Rafe must realize that he cheated, or he'd tell Jordan. But GG certainly doesn't play it with any emotion. The only thing he showed up to play was some chemistry with AS - for whatever reason, he can at least manage that.

Kate bringing up Sami cheating reminds me of something else - I hate that the show ever had that happen. I grew tired of how Sami kept whining about Marlena and John's affair years and years after it happened, but I did like that cheating was basically the one thing Sami wouldn't do. It wasn't really a verbal thing, it was more just something we never saw Sami do, and that was a nice subtle kind of reaction to what had happened with her parents (unlike the nonstop whining). But after, what, 19 or 20 years, the writing team of the moment throws that away. And to have a one night stand with EJ, of all people, after everything that had gone down in the previous months. They did it because they were too lazy to find another way to end Sami and Rafe's marriage...which they wanted to do so they could then move her into a relationship with EJ, of all people.

(Yeah, I loathe EJami. If they reunite, I will spit nails.)

• Love 4
(edited)

Normally, I don't like Rafe much, but the smile he had when thinking about what Sami would do to EJ was kind of funny. It's the one time I could see how he got hired as an actor.

People have been speculating about whether Sami would rebound back to Rafe, but she didn't seem all that envious or jealous when she mentioned the "booty call." In the past, I think she might have been a bit....snappy?...about it, but this time she seemed almost amused (not at the cheating part, just at the fact that Kate and Rafe had done the dance with no pants, which I wouldn't have expected).

Edited by bantering
  • Love 1

What was also confusing to me is how Adrienne was able to hear Lucas & Sonny in the apartment about the affair but when Will came home he didn't hear one word that Adrienne was saying about Sami. Even though Adrienne was practically shrieking. Soaps tend to make characters have selective hearing. Why are doors so damn thin that people can hear your conversation at one point and not at other times.

(edited)

Kami was the saving grace of the episode. They're just awesome together. Kate, forget about boring, boring Rafe - especially since he doesn't have any more chemistry with you than he does with Jordan - and stick with Sami. Sami, keep in mind what you said about no more men and stick to Kate. This is the supercouple for the ages, people. When Kate was questioning why Sami was suddenly so territorial over Rafe, I thought about how much interesting it would be if it was actually Kate that Sami was being territorial about. Heh. I'm not campaigning for a romantic hookup necessarily. Just that these two need to go on living together sipping martinis and plotting the destruction of various people forever. Or at least until AS leaves. This kind of material is an enjoyable way to use Sami until AS's departure. The Kami scheme falling apart over boring Rafe and Sami forgiving EJ? Not so much.

This.

Sami and Kate are the only reason I am still watching.  I'm still hoping EJ dies, and Sami's leaves Salem with her children.

Lucas could go to court to try to alter his custody agreement with Sami over Allie, but Lucas has no say when it comes to Johnny and Sydney.

Rafe was sneaking around behind Sami's back with Carrie before he ever found out about Sami having sex with EJ, however, Rafe blamed all their problems on Sami when they broke up.  It seems the only person who learned anything from the grief sex was Sami.  Both Rafe and EJ have cheated again, but Sami hasn't.

Edited by TigerLynx
  • Love 1

Nu-Ben's acting wasn't that bad with Clyde (though I'm still focusing on Ben's eyebrows).

I think it's just with Abigail that he can be a bit boring. I don't know if it's because of her or because there's no real movement in their romance. Abigail still seems hung up on EJ, and I'm wondering if the writers were hoping till the last minute that he'd stay.

Nu-Ben's acting wasn't that bad with Clyde (though I'm still focusing on Ben's eyebrows).

I think it's just with Abigail that he can be a bit boring. I don't know if it's because of her or because there's no real movement in their romance. Abigail still seems hung up on EJ, and I'm wondering if the writers were hoping till the last minute that he'd stay.

I think they were hoping JS would change his mind at the 11th hour like he did in 2011 and by the time it was a done deal they were too far ahead.  I do think they thought ambiguity would help the story, forgetting that news outlets would have already reported his departure by now.

I still maintain that Chad was brought back as a fallback plan because the original intention was to have an EJ/Abby/Ben triangle with safe Ben and bad EJ.  KM seemed to intimate that the pregnancy storyline was unceremoniously dropped and then the Ben stuff dragged on because of problems with the original actor.

(edited)

I think JS is better at playing the multiple motivations. In the end, I get what he's thinking, even if he and his bad hair are annoying me right now (well, as much as might be possible given that we're not really allowed to hear his point of view as much as Abigail's.)

But the ambiguity on Abigail's end is making her seem rather odd. I wouldn't go so far as to call her a nutcase since Kristen is coming back and makes everybody else look sane by comparison, but when she told EJ that he and Sami deserve each other, as if EJ was the one who had cheated on HER to be with Sami, I thought "what a bit of a wacko."

Edited by bantering
  • Love 1

The writers shot themselves in the foot with their stupid shocking twist that is neither interesting or entertaining, and I think it is hilarious.  The characters/actors (Sami/EJ and AS/JS) that people were watching for have left the building, and everyone knows that.  The other person making this SL go is LK/Kate.  I'll take scenes of Kate/Sami lounging around the mansion drinking martinis over the other lame scenes in this SL that go nowhere.  Corday and the writers knew well in advance that both AS and JS were leaving, they could have done a different exit SL, they chose not to and it has backfired on them.  They did the same thing with Bo's non-departure, and Steve not returning with Kayla.  Actors/characters leave soaps all the time, and TIIC should be able to handle it when it happens.

• Love 1
(edited)

Kate and Sami now actually appear to own the mansion. Sami's burn of Abigail still living with her mother does seem to carry weight in light of recent events (although it seems everyone was blackmailed into living with Stephano rather than living with him there by choice).

Sami seemed more agitated at Kate for taking the master bedroom than Kate telling Sami's business to Rafe.

I wonder if Sami would be as motivated to go through with her plan if Kate weren't egging her on. Sometimes Sami seems a bit weary when she's not around EJ or Abigail or anyone else except Kate.

I think Sami admitted she didn't want to go anywhere near the Jordan situation. So I think Jordan's secret will come out first...which could be another decade.

Kate looks cool when she's eating olives.

Why is the music so much less cheesy when Kate and Sami are in a scene together? Even Rafe seemed to benefit from the music a bit....

What is that ugly sculpture siting on the piano? I hope these two redecorate. I kind of picture them fighting over what will go in the house like Rachel and Monica on Friends. Maybe Rafe will be their Joey Tribiani...

Edited by bantering
  • Love 1

I wonder if Sami would be as motivated to go through with her plan if Kate weren't egging her on. Sometimes Sami seems a bit weary when she's not around EJ or Abigail or anyone else except Kate.

I believe Sami was motivated by her anger (especially since she feels like such an idiot for getting involved with EJ), wanting to retaliate/get revenge, Kate encouraging her, and Sami knowing that with EJ she can't just end things and walk away.  It's not like when Sami got divorced from Rafe or Lucas.  Anytime Sami walks away from EJ, EJ, once he realizes he can't get Sami back, tries to destroy her.  I agree Sami looks tired of it all.

• Love 1
(edited)

I think the reason Sami hasn't posted the photos (and video, if there is one) all over town, on the internet, etc. is to protect her children. Surely Johnny and Sydney (and Alli to a lesser extent) would be upset by this, and by all the talk about it they'd be sure to hear.

She didn't seem to care at all about Sydney\s feelings in the episode. She was too busy with her revenge and Kate to be a parent to her child. Which is the opposite of how EJ was written when Sami was in jail, he was parenting everyone including Allie. 

This whole plot doesn't make Sami look justified or in the right vs EJ/Abby. It makes her look like Cruella Deville. A cold shrew who is   throwing the person who spent the past year cleaning up her messes and saving her ass in jail over multiple murders, attacking/slut shamming Abby and ignoring/not caring about her kids. While EJ comes out defending Abby, and taking all everyones attacks against him like a kicked puppy.

Edited by Artsda
  • Love 1
(edited)

I'll be honest -- I don't feel bad about the attacking or slut shaming of Abigail. Abigail has been using the same words on other women (the word "slut" or "whore" isn't foreign to Abigail or Jennifer)...maybe I'd feel bad for her  if Abigial wasn't doing the same to other people. Jennifer said she won't tolerate that language, but she calls women other bad names all the time. She was harassing Daniel about Teresa, and Abigail had to follow suit in calling Teresa one of the same words Sami used on Abigail,  and they didn't even sleep together.

And now even Abigail is slamming EJ. He didn't throw her under the bus. He kept his promise to her that he wouldn't sell her out to Jennifer and her family. What more does she want?

Edited by bantering
  • Love 6

We must have watched a different episode. The one I saw had Sami go up and comfort Sydney for missing her loser father. And what messes are we talking about EJerk cleaning up? The ones he kept evidence for a rainy day? Or the one his father caused by sending someone to lopp off Rafe's junk?

And sometimes a slut just deserves some slut shaming. Especially when they have a history of hypocritically slut shaming other women.

• Love 5

All Sami has done is tell the truth.  Sami didn't kill Bernardi or Nick.  I believe Sami regrets ever getting close to EJ in 2012.  Prior to that, they had finally reached an uneasy semi-contemptuous co-parent kind of relationship.  EJ's Sami obsession might have surfaced again, however, once Sami chose to willingly get involved with EJ, she gave EJ hope/determination to make sure they stayed together.  When EJ gets in that frame of mind, he tends to ignore what Sami wants, and believes he is justified in using any means necessary to keep her with him.

• Love 2
(edited)

Also if EJ is taking everyone's attacks on him like a kicked puppy, the one person who could probably stop that is Abigail. That doesn't fall on Sami's shoulders as a cross to bear. Prior to and the moment he slept with Abigail he most likely knew Jen-Jen, Lucas, Adrienne, and Will weren't going to be happy about him doing it with her.  Sami can't be blamed for EJ actually taking up Abigail's offer. He did  it, now he has to live with everyone yelling at him -- oh well, that's what happens in Salem when you sleep with someone who everybody thinks is more innocent than you, and everybody loves to protect.

Again, Abigail could be the one to stop everyone blaming him, but admitting she threw herself at him in the most undignified way possible probably isn't the way she wants to go (which I think is human -- honestly, I wouldn't want to admit any of this either, but Sami can't be blamed for the choice EJ made in sleeping with the Horton everybody likes).

Edited by bantering
  • Love 2

The ones he kept evidence for a rainy day? Or the one his father caused by sending someone to lopp off Rafe's junk?

Sami shot Bernardi first to ask questions later, Stefano didn't set up Sami having a gun in her purse and pulling it out in the hospital to shoot. There would have been nothing for Stefano to set up if Sami hadn't chose to shoot to kill all on her own. Bernardi wasn't even going to kill Rafe, she just assumed so. Then it was Sami and Kate that wanted to dump Nick's body in a river and cover up his "murder."Then the 3 stooges of her Kate and Gabi hid and covered that crime for months. 

EJ was the one begging and pleading to get Sami out of jail and trying to keep her out of jail for her kids. Her turning around and putting him in jail while her kids cry at night and Sami jokes about it, not very appealing on her side.

The one I saw had Sami go up and comfort Sydney for missing her loser father.

Then proceeded to joke and snark about it. Haha it's so funny, her child is crying with nightmares and her dad is in jail because her so-called mother cares so much about them and puts them so much first that she put her father there. 

If the writing is for Sami to come out looking the worst, great job. She's unlikeable and the entire town will probably turn on her while EJ and Abby are victims, all because of how Sami's handling this.

(edited)

I think everyone is already against Sami. So she doesn't have anything to lose really.

I can see Abigail being seen as a victim (which she's already perceived as being anyway and from the start, and probably even before she slept with EJ), but I'd be surprised if Jennifer, Lucas, and Adrienne saw EJ as one. I don't see why any of the Hortons (or well even the Bradys although they like to be contrarians from time to time) would care that Sami is taking EJ down? Why would anyone care since they all hate him too?  Would Jennifer suddenly feel sorry for EJ just because she thinks Abigail got called a few bad names by Sami? One has nothing to do with the other...The only way I could see Jennifer feeling bad for EJ is if EJ suddenly found a way to get Eve away from Jack's book profits...then Jennifer would probably sell her morals down the river...

For the purposes of the plot they might change their minds, but for them to suddenly have this concern for EJ after they've all wanted to see him go down for ages doesn't make sense to me. Abe admitted to Rafe that he's been waiting for EJ to go down for so long, and he's happy about what's going on. Plus, Kate is also involved in this plan, so I don't know how Sami could get all the blame but Kate could come off scot-free. Will will most likely lecture his mom about what she's doing (what little she's done so far) to Abigail, but if Will gets upset about Sami taking down EJ, he better put in a lecture towards Kate too.

Edited to add:

Once EJ said he wanted to get Sami back, even Abigail didn't feel bad for him. When even the person who cheated with EJ and is having her rep protected by that clamped expression he's putting on  doesn't feel bad for him, I doubt everybody else is going to have an about-face into thinking he's  the victim.

Edited by bantering
  • Love 1

It's not about people patting him on the back and saying poor EJ, but how he comes out looking good compared to Sami. He still comes out looking better than Sami, she put him in jail when he's spent all year keeping her out and trying to free her. To keep Gabi out, to help Will, to help Sami over and over. 

Also their kids. She put their kids father in jail not caring about those children at all. When all EJ's been saying the past year is how kids need Sami and how he won't let her go to jail to be away from them. 

For everyone to be turning on Sami and seeing her the bad because of her actions, it shows EJ' victimized.

• Love 1
(edited)

I think people will turn on Sami, which they already did the moment she pulled out the Ipad, because everybody loves Abigail. It's all about Abigail. But I don't think EJ will have anything to do with it. All of the sympathy will go to Abigail for being "victimized" by both EJ and Sami (That's the one thing I could see the two bonding over if they find themselves on the outs with everybody).  Eric is already ticked about the Kristen thing. Then there's Brady. John is in a coma. Marlena is always only concerned with John, and probably doesn't anyone to remember she showed the sex tape in church so she'll go with whatever Eric says. And then there's Abigail's family....Ben already finds EJ to be shady, so no sympathy there. If anything, and if they're smart, they'll be happy that Sami is going after EJ instead of Abigail.

Eric will be concerned about Sami's safety, but I really don't see him thinking EJ looks good compared to her since he has stuck to the narrative that EJ knew about Kristen's lie earlier on.

People will think Sami was dumb for going back to EJ, but in the end I don't see anybody caring what actually happens to him, not even Abigail (so long as EJ continues to express that he loves Sami, which Abigail clearly does not want to hear).

The only person I could see being sympathetic to EJ is Will. But this new one doesn't have much in the way of facial expressions so who knows what he's thinking. Sonny seems more neutral. Edited to add: I'm kind of surprised Sonny and Will haven't put two-and-two together to realize that the cabin sex was connected to keeping Abigail quiet. In that case, they'd be more likely to side with Abigail, and think EJ really did manipulate her.

Stephano will mock EJ for  being dumb and having to work so hard to get out of the arrest warrant because EJ couldn't control little EJ.  I hear the words "You idiot" in an Italian accent already blaring in my head.

Maybe T will throw some sympathy EJ's way for the company takeover. Then he'll hand in his resume to Kate...

He may have had the greatest shot at sympathy with Nicole, but blew that when he told her to "go to hell..."

Edited to add:

I suppose there is the off chance that everyone could suddenly feel sorry for EJ and think he was victimized by Sami (however, so  long as they think he victimized Abigail, which is the big catch there, I think he has no supporters), but the only way I could see that happening is if they completely re-wrote the characters or if Abigail was actually able to nab EJ for herself. At that point, maybe Jennifer might go "well, if my daughter likes you....I guess I like you too...". But otherwise I see everybody worrying about their own self-preservation and safety, and staying out of the war between EJ and Sami. The little  battle between Sami and Abigail of course will have everyone shouting an opinion from the roof-tops, because everybody worries about Abigail and her petite frame.

Edited by bantering
  • Love 1

I can't see anyone sympathizing with EJ.  I think Sami was dumb to willingly get involved with EJ.  However, I believe EJ is beyond stupid for ruining the relationship he has claimed to want for over eight years, and one which at one time he was willing to kill to get.  Every time Sami screwed up one of her relationships, she was expected to take responsibility, and move on.  I don't see why EJ deserves sympathy for once again destroying his marriage by cheating.  EJ cheated on Nicole twice.  EJ cheating and EJ trying to wreck Sami's life is something EJ has done over and over again.  This time I want Sami to destroy EJ's life and to put an end to this merry-go-round once and for all.

• Love 3
(edited)

I think the fact that everyone thinks EJ victimized Abigail pretty much cancels out anybody sympathizing with him.

It's too contradictory to see EJ as a victim if everyone thinks Abigail was his victim. Then again, this is Days...

Edited by bantering
  • Love 1
(edited)

STFU Nicole you desperate, pathetic freak. Go find some dignity.

STFU Abby talking about you feel bad for the kids. Where was this concern when you were doing the slip and slide on EJ's dick? Stupid troll.

STFU board members talking about how Sami isn't qualified because she's a woman. I doubt she is qualified to run Dimeria Enterprises but it's not because of her gender.

If Kate is setting Sami up then she will be going right back on my shit list, right next to Abby.

I hope Sami dumps EJ's belongings on the street right before someone murders him.

I have to vehemently disagree with your entire post aside from the sexist antics of Dimera's silly board members. Wrt Nicole, AZ is IMO the best actress they have which is why they keep shovelling shit her way because she's the only one who can sell it, it would be a MASSIVE mistake to get rid of her. Conversely when AS plays any other emotion besides enraged or vengeful (which she excels at) it comes off completely disingenuous to me.

The storyline of Sami as CEO while entertaining is as ludicrous as Satanic Marlena. I hope Kate is setting her up because Sami has a high school education, she was a receptionist for a time, an incredible hacker, a rapist and a criminal but I don't see how any of those qualify her as CEO of DiMera. She did a little casting and booking for Countess Wilhimina with Kate as her mentor, still don't see the jump from that to someone capable of successfully running a multi-million dollar company.

I also don't find Abby irritating at all, I thought she had incredible chemistry with EJ and as far as the young set goes, anyone is better than Melanie.

Edited by slayer2
  • Love 1

Sami didn't kill Bernardi or Nick. 

Not for lack of trying.

EJ was the one begging and pleading to get Sami out of jail and trying to keep her out of jail for her kids. Her turning around and putting him in jail while her kids cry at night and Sami jokes about it, not very appealing on her side.

Then proceeded to joke and snark about it. Haha it's so funny, her child is crying with nightmares and her dad is in jail because her so-called mother cares so much about them and puts them so much first that she put her father there. 

One, just one, teeny, tiny scene with Sami showing actual concern about her freaking kid would be nice.If they can devote a few seconds to talking about Rafe, they could do the same, without the eye-rolling, for the kids. I was really taken back by Sami's tone, it wasn't one she normally uses when talking about her kids. I have no problem with Sami being the one to put EJ in jail, but I'm surprised by the lack of attention she's (or the writers, if we want to believe it's happening off screen) giving to her children. That's a goldmine of inner conflict  there, just waiting to be explored. I fear that they're saving any of that for when she gets her feels back for EJ, though. 

Why would Sami say that Rafe "obviously" doesn't belong with Jordan? What does Sami have against her, other than being completely bland?

• Love 1

Maybe Sami thinks Jordan is wrong for Rafe because of the "secret" which we probably won't find out before the end of the decade....

Kate keeps making Jordan sound like a liar because of her "secret" though, nonetheless, I don't think Kate's plan makes any sense.  She's lucky I think she looks cool eating olives....

I think that deep down Sami knows that while Rafe is a good guy he is attracted to drama and complicated women.  Rafe has been involved with Sami, Kate, and had complicated relationship with both Nicole and Carrie.  I think that in a choice between Kate and Jordan, Sami knows that Jordan is way to bland for Rafe.

• Love 1
(edited)

Well that's without question but the same case could be made for Sami, they're both despicable people. But I still don't want either of them dead because I love to watch them. I could use a break from both though which it appears I'm getting. I wish it was a 6month vacation and not them permanently leaving, even though I've long thought they both could do better, JS particularly.

Edited by slayer2
  • Love 1

I think Jordan is kind of bland, but so is Rafe. He needs someone like Sami, or Nicole, or Kate to make him seem interesting. Though I don't want to see him with Sami, because as with Jordan, his boringness rubs off on the women he's with. Kate really wasn't that interesting when she was hiding under Jordan's bed for Rafe.

I could picture Jordan doing better with Eric, but probably because I think Eric, when he's not talking, is handsome.

(edited)

I think Jordan is kind of bland, but so is Rafe. He needs someone like Sami, or Nicole, or Kate to make him seem interesting. Though I don't want to see him with Sami, because as with Jordan, his boringness rubs off on the women he's with. Kate really wasn't that interesting when she was hiding under Jordan's bed for Rafe.

I could picture Jordan doing better with Eric, but probably because I think Eric, when he's not talking, is handsome.

Haha perfect description of Eric. Not so hot when his mouth does that talky thing. He rolls out stupidity and misogyny like a lil Wayne video. Edited by slayer2

Sami shot Bernardi first to ask questions later, Stefano didn't set up Sami having a gun in her purse and pulling it out in the hospital to shoot. There would have been nothing for Stefano to set up if Sami hadn't chose to shoot to kill all on her own. Bernardi wasn't even going to kill Rafe, she just assumed so. 

I'm no Rafe fan, but even so I did a bit of wincing when dear ol' Joe Bernardi lifted his gown - since it obviously wasn't for a fluff and a comb out.  Every male watching that episode was VERY glad that Sami had decided to accessorize that day with a pistol.  

And when someone is playing around down there with a sharp object, "shoot to kill" is exactly what you want to hear.

And I think Rafe was pretty happy that Sami decided to take some action.   

But if she hadn't, then we wouldn't be subjected to having to watch him try to carry another romantic storyline.  He DOES have very pretty eyelashes, though....

• Love 4

Maybe Sami thinks Jordan is wrong for Rafe because of the "secret" which we probably won't find out before the end of the decade....

Kate keeps making Jordan sound like a liar because of her "secret" though, nonetheless, I don't think Kate's plan makes any sense.  She's lucky I think she looks cool eating olives....

And here I thought we already have been told the secret.  What more are you expecting?

• Love 1

Sami wouldn't have had to protect Rafe if Stefano hadn't sent Bernardi after him.  Kate, Sami, and Gabi wouldn't have tossed Nick in the river if Nick hadn't attacked Gabi, and they hadn't believed he was dead.

I think some of the Sami/Rafe and Sami/Lucas scenes were the writers hedging their bets in case they were able to talk AS into staying.  Now we are left with a mess of a storyline trying to fanwank what's going on because the writers can't be bothered to pick a road and drive it.

• Love 1
(edited)

And here I thought we already have been told the secret.  What more are you expecting?

I think I thought Jordan's secret would involve something where it made sense that Jordan wasn't right for Rafe.

But so far all we've seen is a strange dad who might have done something bad to his kids. This, in isolation, does not make sense for Kate to go after Jordan or for Rafe to dump her,  but since Kate keeps insisting that this secret is going to ruin things between Rafe and Jordan, I figure there has to be something more? Like, maybe a secret kid somewhere ...or that Ben and Jordan aren't really siblings and are actually secret lovers toying with Rafe and Abigail? Anything? Anything that would make sense for Rafe to get mad enough to dump her for, because so far i don't see what would upset him. It's not Jordan's fault if her dad is a wacko of some kind. Why would Rafe blame or dump Jordan for that? Because Rafe loves saving women, wouldn't what we've learned so far make Jordan more desirable to Rafe?

Edited by bantering