Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

The teen scenes were so out of place that's for sure. The bad acting from that bunch was even more obvious after seeing the vets on this show shine through with their great acting. I just couldn't listen or watch so I muted them. Then we have John, the worse actor of the vets, proclaiming he wants to donate his heart to his son. From good to bad, from bad to good, from good to bad ...

I'm dead.

kf4eib.gif

• Love 2

I don't know why I didn't believe you guys when you said Chad's flashbacks included random images. They do!!! Why the heck were there lions running around and a giant spider close-up?! Hilarious.

WTF was that? Baby. Lion. Abigail. Spider. It was like a Chappelle show sketch. Bicycle. Monkey. Ashy Larry.

LeftPhalange speaks the truth about the incongruity of the teen scenes.. It killed the emotional pitch of the car crash story. "Who gets Daniel's heart"? and "Breaking in to a closed bar is fun!" doesn't really mix well. 

• Love 3

Driving Drunk is a horrible, horrible lapse in judgement but dang after the 2-3 years he's had, it's not hard to see why Eric broke:

-He was drugged and raped
-Publicly exposed and humiliated
-Defrocked and lost his job and purpose
-Betrayed by the woman he loves
-Betrayed by another woman he loved
-Set up to die by slow asphyxiation
-Realized the woman he loved is marrying another man

His spiral was earned. And it is devastating that he now has to live with the guilt of being responsible for killing his friend and nearly killing his brother AND

potential jail time

. Eric is at such a low and given his personality of being a decent, compassionate, good man in real life it isn't hard to believe he'd become suicidal.

Edited by TobinAlbers
  • Love 13

Several observations:

Ciara has had a total personality change, old Ciara was a little schemer albeit a charming one.

Chase and Ciara just lost their fathers a little over a month ago and they're out partying like it happened years ago.

Claire can't sing worth shit

Who the hell is Henry?

• Love 3

His spiral was earned. And it is devastating that he now has to live with the guilt of being responsible for killing his friend and nearly killing his brother AND

jail time

. Eric is at such a low and given his personality of being a decent, compassionate, good man in real life it isn't hard to believe he'd become suicidal.

Exactly.

Eric is definitely deserving of an redemption story in the future. If GV doesn't play him, I'm hoping another good actor can come in and deliver. They did this with Gabi and allowed her to be redeemed, Eric can certainly have that story.

• Love 10

Kayla doesn't seem to be concerning herself too much with the possibility of her nephew dying. At least she didn't try to influence Maggie towards Eric.

A lot of great acting in today's show.

Who the heck is this new teenager?  Is he maybe the guy bullying Theo?

John offering his heart is ridiculous.

• Love 4

John knows he can die if he donates his heart, right? It's not like donating a kidney since you have two of them...

I doubt he believes it, though. After all, he's done just fine all these years without a brain or a dependable sphincter, so losing a heart, for him, would be chump change.

• Love 4

Been a while since I last checked in. Hope everyone is having a Happy New Year!

My thoughts:

-- As someone who is generally favorable towards "Thrady," I enjoyed the Fashion Show. I thought it was fairly well done, and I enjoyed seeing most of the cast interact with one another. Anne and Gabi breaking up the fight was hilarious too.

-- Nicole telling off Pierre was hilarious. In general, I've really enjoyed AZ for the past several episodes.

-- Gabi and JJ are okay, but I wish there was more of a story.

-- I like Billy Flynn and think he's a good actor, but Chad-Abigail bore me. Some people on other forums (and on Facebook) are gaga over this pairing, and I just don't get it or see their supposed chemistry. What's strange is I somewhat enjoyed some of their scenes when Jordan and Zoe were in the picture, before that bizarre serial killer storyline.

-- Really wish they gave KDP more to do. GV too.

-- That teen party scene today was just... weird. I can't really explain why either.

-- Some of Kayla/Steve's scenes have been enjoyable, though I can't say the same for the Ava business (hopefully they don't go through with this Joey/Ava stuff, though I felt like they hinted at it in today's scenes).

• Love 11

I am late to the party for the holiness demise. I am so happy that the orange one is no more. So many beloved characters were sacrificed at his holy altar. For eight years, I have had the misfortune of having that perverted doctor infect my show like an insidious virus. I survived the nightmare that was Dannifer, but it still left some permanent scars. I still hate Jennifer for her abominable treatment of Jack.

As a fan of Jack Harper Devereaux a.k.a Billy Earl Johnson, I got my pound of flesh. I must be a cold motherfu....., I was not moved by Maggie's tears and wailing over her egg baby. In fact, I was thinking about the many ways that the Jonas clan have held my show hostage. Besides, Maggie has 2 daughters out there that should be a part of the show. Calling Melissa and Sarah Horton. Precious years were wasted on the tan man that could have been given to them. I always wanted to see a Jennifer/Jack/Melissa triangle. It would be good to see Jennifer have to grovel for Jack. Even dead, I don't expect to be rid of Taniel, he is just like Herpes and he will never go away.

• Love 5

Love SR as Maggie and she totally had me with her performances yesterday and today until she likened Taniel to God and gave Taniel the win. When this show props a character, they prop till the bitter end. I feel for Maggie's plight because of her closeness to both Eric and Brady, as she said, how does she live with herself with either choice, and how does she look at the family (interrelated as they are) of either young man once her choice is made.

Both JA and MBE turned in quiet performances, which show their strength as actors. It's easy to shine in flashy or heart-wrenching moments, but when you shine in quiet moments, it's your talent that carried you. Thought DH did well as Marlena today, not breathy, just convincing motherly pain.

Joey has officially become strictly ff material. If he were any more brainless and pointless, he'd be lint. Oh, how I wish he could simply blow away. The show is going to have to work big time to get this yutz off my ish list.

As is the case with Maggie, I feel for John and his plight. He knows full well that saving Brady means his life, but as a parent, he can't imagine living after his son (who has an infant child) dies, if the his death is the only way for Brady to live, I believe he would give himself freely. Like him or dislike him, John is one of the characters whose love for his children has never been in question.

• Love 11

-- I like Billy Flynn and think he's a good actor, but Chad-Abigail bore me. Some people on other forums (and on Facebook) are gaga over this pairing, and I just don't get it or see their supposed chemistry.

Sometimes I think the lovefest for BF is why so many in the majority love Chabby. I seriously doubt it has much to do with Abifail and Chad equally. It's the Billy Flynn effect that's keeping that "couple" viable. Because even whe the writers in the previous regime toyed with it with Casey, I didn't see much of a love fest then. I could be off though.

• Love 4

I think Billy Flynn could be better. But we have to see him with people who are better.

He did have good chemistry with Martha Madison. It proved on both ends how good he is and how much she has grown as an actress.

• Love 5

Belle would have to tone down her whack attitude a whole lot before I'd be interested in seeing her seriously paired with Chad.

I actually like snarky Belle. I couldn't stand teen Belle. She was so pure and perfect, plus I was more of a Mimi and Chloe growing up. Now that they have Belle flawed I can put up with her because she's not being all sanctimonious and screaming "Shawnn" all nasally like KS use to do that drove me crazy.

• Love 4

I liked the teen scene and thought it was a nice distraction from the adult stories. And frankly the fact it gets lost on many of us means it's probably doing what it's supposed to and that is attract the youngsters' rolling their eyes at their moms who is crying into a tissue and trying to explain why. and the teen actors are adorable. Being a parent of a young adult I can't help but enjoy their efforts.

*ducks*

btw I will take the teen scene over abs any day of the week!!

I actually like snarky Belle. I couldn't stand teen Belle. She was so pure and perfect, plus I was more of a Mimi and Chloe growing up. Now that they have Belle flawed I can put up with her because she's not being all sanctimonious and screaming "Shawnn" all nasally like KS use to do that drove me crazy.

She is so much better. When I think of Belle from what 2008/2009 I think of a girl in pigtails. Much better Belle!! Bra-f'ing-O

Edited by daysgoneby
  • Love 4

Okay so I was seriously a good-two shoes in high school and that teen party looked boring to me.

I know. What was their motive here inserting this shit with all the good drama going on? Do they think viewers are clamoring to watch the kiddos sneek brewskis and monotone ramble?

• Love 2

I don't like Joey being interested with someone like Ava. He is Patch's son for f's sake. Patch would not raise such a stupid kid.

BF's Chad was so cute today. KM I hope didn't think of the baby as a prop to take home from the set. Baby looked like "wtf, someone get me away from this chick" when she was about to hand the baby over to Chad. And when with Chad "there is a God."

She must have shook him a little to get him to have that dizzy looking affect. It's all for the show people!

Edited by daysgoneby
  • Love 3

How can John donate his own heart to Brady? Oh, the ultimate sacrifice? Please. Maybe this will come off a bit better when I actually see the scene.

We all know who John is right? He is so cute in his naïve hero ways. You can't help but fawn at him like Marlena. After all a 5 year old, even if only mentally, is pretty darn adorable. I'm sure he had a cookie before his "I'd give my heart to this kid any day. No really..." speech. Keep on keeping on John.

• Love 2
How can John donate his own heart to Brady? Oh, the ultimate sacrifice? Please. Maybe this will come off a bit better when I actually see the scene.

No, it won't.

John has to have enough common sense to understand that Kayla can't remove a heart from a healthy man.  He's just being a drama queen.  If he wants Brady to have the heart, he should put it in writing, go get his gun, go stand outside the ER and shoot himself.  Brady would get the heart.

• Love 12

This bullying storyline just need to be burned to a crisp before it goes any further. It's already lifeless.

Why haven't they played up on Maggie and Marlena's friendship??? They use to have a great friendship back in the 80s. Stupid.

I'm thinking it's going to lead him to Dimera life. Truth be told I think it' Ciara. I think she's whack, which is soapy awesome.

• Love 1

I'm thinking it's going to lead him to Dimera life. Truth be told I think it' Ciara. I think she's whack, which is soapy awesome.

They need to recast this Ciara and make her more like the Ciara who had attitude and was always counting her mom's money. Spoiled, yet funny. I wish she go ahead and steal Hope’s gold card and go on a shopping spree maybe Hope would snap out of her mourning for a bit.

• Love 3

I'm bad.  I kept thinking, "I know brain transplants aren't possible, but even if they were, it's a good thing a heart transplant is needed instead because between Brady, Eric, Daniel and John, they don't have even half a brain."

Color me surprised that Theresa and Nicole were actually allowed to show grief, and no one has called them a bitch, whore, tramp, slut, or blamed them for the accident, yet anyway.

• Love 9

They need to recast this Ciara and make her more like the Ciara who had attitude and was always counting her mom's money. Spoiled, yet funny. I wish she go ahead and steal Hope’s gold card and go on a shopping spree maybe Hope would snap out of her mourning for a bit.

I'm so disgusted they soarsed Ciara. I'm just rolling with it now. The lack of loyalty they showed to that sweet kid just appalls me.

• Love 7

I'm so disgusted they soarsed Ciara. I'm just rolling with it now. The lack of loyalty they showed to that sweet kid just appalls me.

I wish they kept the kids til Summer. Id love to seen Lauren have final scenes with Peter and Jason most of all because she would had been great. Rumor has it though she had another auction or something they went ahead SORASED so it wasn't a disrespectful move, just they didn't cast kids who could act next to vets expect Joey.

• Love 3

I wish they kept the kids til Summer. Id love to seen Lauren have final scenes with Peter and Jason most of all because she would had been great. Rumor has it though she had another auction or something they went ahead SORASED so it wasn't a disrespectful move, just they didn't cast kids who could act next to vets expect Joey.

Her scenes with PR would have been wonderful and would have even added to his death. they may say she had an audition but probably to play a "company girl" and good rep for more spot. But I think they could have easily worked her in but to do so, they would have risked so much back lash sorasing her.

I liked the teen scene and thought it was a nice distraction from the adult stories. And frankly the fact it gets lost on many of us means it's probably doing what it's supposed to and that is attract the youngsters' rolling their eyes at their moms who is crying into a tissue and trying to explain why. and the teen actors are adorable. Being a parent of a young adult I can't help but enjoy their efforts.

*ducks*

The young people are in school at the time DAYS airs so not sure the teen scene is attracting too many teens. I'm in my early 20s and in high school I could count on one hand how many people I knew who watched soaps.

• Love 2

Suzanne Rogers and Mary Beth Evans owned today's episode, with Arianne Zucker a close second..  Marlena, John, Victor, they had their moments, too.  

But wow to the 10th degree to Rogers and Evans. They both were perfection, with Maggie's pained torture over what choice to make, intermixed with her grief.  I had no use of Dan the Tan Man and how he usurped Jack and ate the show and pushed Maggie's real family into the shadows, but SR is grabbing it all back with her performances right now.  And Kayla, laying it all out to Maggie and Victor, compassionately, firmly, keeping her own feelings and wished in the background, the way a professional would do, is just superb.  She's so good, with less flashy feelings to express right now than Maggie has, but she just shines, her eyes telling us all that's she feeling it too.

And Nicole was great, again.  As she will be, probably tomorrow.

I like NuChase, love NuTheo and am not minding the blond one, the daughter of Shawn and the Bottle Blond.  But Joey, the other guy, the teen scene in general, what a low point in the road.  They were good for a ff break from the intensity of the rest of the show.

And then there's Beanie and Cecil.  Beenie proves her beenie baby was hatched by Cecil, who continues to see Flying Squirrels whenever he closes his eyes while listening to Beanie squeezle in his ears.  And she also seems to be gving him gas.  Maybe I'm projecting, because she's certainly giving ME gas.

Then it turns out that Baby Beanie Baby has Von Willebrand's disease.  My ears perked up at that, since three of  my Dobermans also had it.  Yep.  My Dobermans.  

And Abby's kid has the same thing.

You draw your own conclusion.

Heel, Baby Ollie Tom, HEEL!

John offering his heart makes me think he must have picked his up from the Wizard.

ETA - I also watch Y&R, and on that sadly fallen show being ruined under Pratt these days, there is this BIG storyline with all these folks overacting because one character is at deaths' door - lots of shouting, anger, screaming, weeping, and it's ONE BIG BUST.  

There is no There, There, no heart, no feeling, just sound and fury signifying bullshit.

For all of Day's problems, that is NOT one of them, at least not in my opinion.  And these last few days prove it to my satisfaction.

Edited by boes
  • Love 9

Another good but sad day.  I think my favorite scene was between JJ and Jennifer.  Those two are very good together.

Jen Lilley was another stand out, right alongside AZ, SR and MBE.  Damn these ladies are good.  I hope Days realizes what it has with these people and will no longer shit on them to prop loser characters like Dr. Tan and Abigail.

Abs scenes with Chad today felt very manipulative, like making him come into Thomas hospital room and look at the sick baby, and her facial expressions weren't ones of hope or longing but calculation.  I can't believe the show wants us to believe this chick is a heroine. 

Same here.  Can she at least try not to look smug?  And she kept calling her baby "this" instead of "him" or Thomas, and had no interest in her mother or any of the other people involved in the accident.  It just made me dislike Abigail more than I already did. 

I doubt he believes it, though. After all, he's done just fine all these years without a brain or a dependable sphincter, so losing a heart, for him, would be chump change.

OMG.  This made me laugh so hard I snorted!

*ducks*

Yep, better them than that desperate hag Abigail!  But I also didn't mind their scenes, in part because I imagine this is how teens today are -- sort of vapid, awkward and not yet all that interesting -- and they provided the break a heavy episode like today needed.  If they're going to have a viable teen set, though, they need to add some more of them.  Aren't all these kids related to one another, except for the one new kid?

• Love 7
ETA - I also watch Y&R, and on that sadly fallen show being ruined under Pratt these days, there is this BIG storyline with all these folks overacting because one character is at deaths' door - lots of shouting, anger, screaming, weeping, and it's ONE BIG BUST.  

There is no There, There, no heart, no feeling, just sound and fury signifying bullshit.

For all of Day's problems, that is NOT one of them, at least not in my opinion.  And these last few days prove it to my satisfaction.

I watched this today and agree about it falling flat.  Y&R has never been my soap but I've seen an episode here or there over the years and know who most of the characters are and who portrays them.  They have nothing on Days when it comes to talented actors ... and I still can't believe AH landed the role of Victoria.  She's the most unconvincing business woman I've ever seen.

• Love 5

Also, although I like Billy as Chad, he's not good enough to pull off this ridiculous brainwashing bull. I cringe at these scenes.

He might be able to pull it off better if Andres' brain washing scenes were better.  I find it hard to keep a straight face when they play the images.  

Writers should have played up the von Willebrand issue better than they did.  If it's a clotting disorder, why didn't Chad have any issues when he was beaten up by Ben?  Then they could have had something happen with TJ that would lead us to make the connection.

I seriously laughed out loud (thankfully, a light spot) when John wanted to donate his heart.  The next thought was 'soap opera gods, from his lips...'

So, nobody thinks perhaps letting Maggie know that Eric was dwi might be useful info?  I am wondering how they expect to pull this really far-fetched sl off

especially since Vaughan is appearing until mid-April, according to this article: http://www.serialscoop.com/2015/12/greg-vaughan-interview.html.

Please don't tell me we will languish over "Maggie's Choice" until

then

!

• Love 2

For all of Day's problems, that is NOT one of them, at least not in my opinion. And these last few days prove it to my satisfaction.

The fact Chucky Pratt has Sharon in another baby switch storyline is ugh. And the couples on there are bad(minus Adam/Chelsea but even they don't have much long before they are ruined under Pratt-Jill Farren-Fuckup) and the poor Hevon yikes my do they look awful a true fall from grace. Sony has to stop hiring the Santa Barbara-rejects who wrote and produce that show. I get that show was incredible but where is it now in the grave. Between Chucky Pratt, Jill Fuckup, and Murderous Row Griffith they are dragging my favorite soaps since I was a child to a slow death. Whip these idiots into shape or fire them and bring in writers and producers who get the characters and write strong stories.

the writing for Victor has really surprised me. I would have assumed that he would bully Maggie into giving Brady the heart.

If thats one thing good I can say about Higley she love writing for older vets like John Aniston. Every time she writes for the Victor character she sticks to the fact hes an ass but she gives him a heart too.

• Love 3

She was a child on a soap who got recast just like many before her. It wasn't that deep.  The real problem is they miscast the role. Vivian looks nothing like PR or KA. Like I could tell she was latino the moment I saw her onscreen. Which I could ignore because DAYS cast non latinos as latino all the time. But her acting is downright horrible. Her diction is so bad its like she's struggling to get the lines out. 

• Love 2

No, it won't.

John has to have enough common sense to understand that Kayla can't remove a heart from a healthy man. He's just being a drama queen. If he wants Brady to have the heart, he should put it in writing, go get his gun, go stand outside the ER and shoot himself. Brady would get the heart.

Imagine this song playing in the background if John did such thing. Days would win the Emmy next year for sure.

https://youtu.be/as1rsZenwNc

But I'm not giving Murderous Row Griffith any ideas.

JG: Death??? Legacy character?! Coming right up!

She was a child on a soap who got recast just like many before her. It wasn't that deep. The real problem is they miscast the role. Vivian looks nothing like PR or KA. Like I could tell she was latino the moment I saw her onscreen. Which I could ignore because DAYS cast non latinos as latino all the time. But her acting is downright horrible. Her diction is so bad its like she's struggling to get the lines out.

I can hear her slobbering her lines like Pavlov's dog and that teeth thing she does. I cant. Recast!!!

Find me a pretty girl with dark hair, green eyes and olive skin like Hope who can act.

Edited by BlackMamba
  • Love 1

So sad for Nicole and her never getting to be happy. AZ is killing it though and I'm glad she's finally getting some screen time! Daniel, I never really liked you but this is sad for his family. And Parker when they get around to telling him. I am however a little bitter that Eric Brady is being destroyed for this story. He had so much potential with all the turmoil he went through and could have came out on the other side. I just think it's a missed opportunity.

I have enjoyed seeing Missy Reeves do something other than playing babysitter or overbearing mother to her adult children. It's refreshing. I loved the scenes with her and JJ. He has shown in these last few months that he loves his mother and family more than anything. Speaking of JJ, can him and Gabi at least have a 2 min scene please where they can finish a conversation? Thanks, they are still cute.

I'm a big Jennifer Rose fan from the 90s so I like seeing her showcase her skills. I wonder with losing Daniel, being hurt in the wreck, worrying about Thomas how all this is going to effect her.

The teen scene did feel out of place but I didn't hate it. I love seeing Theo. I like that Ciara and Joey like to take up for him. I don't think Chase is the bully. Probably going to be some never seen before teen we will meet. I actually kind of hope that because Chase is pretty predictable as the bully.

Hard choice for Maggie to choose between Eric and Brady getting Daniel's heart. I guess when they find out Eric was responsible for the accident the choice will be easy. Marlena will never win any Mother of the year awards but it must sting that your son is responsible for all of this mess.

• Love 4

I know everyone is hating on Jawn offering to donate his heart but, wouldn't every parent give up their own life for their child's? I know I would.

That's all well and good. But dramatically entering the room and saying that as if he thinks Kayla would go "Ok , John. We'll just strap you on a table.".......that's reDamndiculous.

• Love 6

That's all well and good. But dramatically entering the room and saying that as if he thinks Kayla would go "Ok , John. We'll just strap you on a table.".......that's reDamndiculous.

That was Days trying to be humorous for the first time in months. LOL.

Driving Drunk is a horrible, horrible lapse in judgement but dang after the 2-3 years he's had, it's not hard to see why Eric broke:

-He was drugged and raped

-Publicly exposed and humiliated

-Defrocked and lost his job and purpose

-Betrayed by the woman he loves

-Betrayed by another woman he loved

-Set up to die by slow asphyxiation

-Realized the woman he loved is marrying another man

potential jail time

...but the show did such a terrible job of stitching these layers of pain together into a cohesive arc that only we, the attentive viewers, can lay claim to understanding why Eric might be so depressed.

And it would have been so easy to make this feel more earned. Why not a scene of Eric having performance anxiety with Serena, or flashbacks to the rape? Or maybe even Eric snapping at his mother as she moaned on about Absent John at the bicentennial? Maybe a scene of Eric drinking alone in his apartment after Will's funeral?

We needed a bit more for this to feel like a planned arc. Instead, the character just registers as being as bland as he's as always been the last three years.

Plus, after the last few months, who in Salem wouldn't want to drown their sorrows in booze? His pain, while unique in how it all unfolded, is certainly shared....

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Love 4

I'd like to think any parent would give their heart to save their child, I know.I would. But that scene with John coming into the room and the way he oh so dramatically said "ME, take my heart so my son can live" complete with the violins playing reminded me of how shows like SNL spoof soap operas and its so OTT its bordering on drama and comedy.

• Love 6

......I'm similarly baffled by Nicole marrying both Victor and Daniel - father and son.....

Nicole has a habit of hitting the sheets with father and son.  She boinked away with Eric 1.0 and had a Last Night In Salem One Night Stand with RoTox.  One good thing about Will Horton being dead is that future writers won't craft a Nicole-Will tryst, so unless Bill Horton returns from Africa soon, there won't be another father-son combo to conquer. (Though Brady-John is always a potential.....)

• Love 3

So, nobody thinks perhaps letting Maggie know that Eric was dwi might be useful info?  I am wondering how they expect to pull this really far-fetched sl off.

I figure that Brady will get Daniel's heart and the "experimental antibiotic protocol" will save Eric.

Even if Maggie doesn't know about Eric's DWI, Brady is her stepgrandson, and he has a new baby. It's not even a close call...

• Love 7

The fact that Eric caused the accident doesn't disqualify him from good medical care.  Doctors don't, or shouldn't, think like that.  Organs would go to the recipient with the best chance.  Leaving it up to Mags is completely unrealistic. Science.

Edited by QuelleC
  • Love 10

I'd like to think any parent would give their heart to save their child, I know.I would. But that scene with John coming into the room and the way he oh so dramatically said "ME, take my heart so my son can live" complete with the violins playing reminded me of how shows like SNL spoof soap operas and its so OTT its bordering on drama and comedy.

The idea was ok. The writing was bad. The mere idea of giving a scene like that to Drake to play was insanity. Dude doesn't do quiet or subtle. He makes proclamations. In this scene that combo made it seem like John was totally unclear that a) he, unlike a cow, has only one heart, b) he is not dead and therefore cannot "donate" critical organs and c) he's 136 years old. 

• Love 5