Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

I'm of the mind that the term "super couple" gets abused.  I actually dont HATE Chabby other than thinking theyre overexposed and I think BF is amazing but feel they arent anywhere super couple territory. But when veteran actors who have been around for ages talk about something they see I admit I start to question if its just my taste thats off LOL I've been watching soaps since I'm in elementary school and I was glued to my TV in the heydays Bo/Hope, Shane/Kim, Jack/Jennifer etc Now my daughter has been watching soaps (GH and Y&R) for about 8 years, also since she's pretty young and its bizarre to me even on other soaps besides DAYS what gets defined as "super couples", I remember her watching GH one day a while back and she said to me "has there EVER been a couple as awesome as Dante and Lulu"? I looked at her and said "Um YES. wanna talk awesome? one day I will sit you down and we will watch some episodes that show Lulu's parents when they were younger and you'll see something special".  I feel like any couple that catches on with popularity or has any kind of appear to even a small fraction of viewers people latch on to that term.

Nice post! It's a matter of personal taste.

ETA: Never liked Dante/Lulu. lol

The only soap couple that I just love currently is Adam and Chelsea. They are kind of like EJami but way better. In terms of chemistry, story, and acting Chadam has it all. Seeing Justin Hartley and Melissa Claire Egan have top notch chemistry and performances side by side is just so refreshing and they are possibly the only saving grace compared to other current couples on that show and even throughout daytime. Days should be taking note how YR has Adam and Chelsea are written and how they have two strong actors playing complicated and complex characters working them into a legitimate supercouple status.

• Love 1

Why has Chad's relationships with Theo and Kate been forgotten? Why does he have no other love interests, no job, no friends, no rivalries? His whole world revolves around Abifail with a side of being abused by Stefano and Andre.

• Love 7

Theo's barely interacted with anyone since being aged. No scenes with Stefano either and there's barely scenes with Abe or his new sister. He's barely even interacted with the teen group.

KM's interview was sad in the sense she had the nerve to answer questions directed at Stephen.

Wow, she answered questions out of turn?

OMG. How dare she throw in comments during a round table group interview! She should be shot and killed for that! Edited by Artsda

Why has Chad's relationships with Theo and Kate been forgotten? Why does he have no other love interests, no job, no friends, no rivalries? His whole world revolves around Abifail with a side of being abused by Stefano and Andre.

That's why I really enjoyed Chelle. MM is such a gracious, fun, talented lady. She did a great job and I love Billy. I hope we see more of them.

• Love 4

Theo's barely interacted with anyone since being aged. No scenes with Stefano either and there's barely scenes with Abe or his new sister. He's barely even interacted with the teen group.

OMG. How dare she throw in comments during a round table group interview! She should be shot and killed for that!

LMAO! Kate should have kept her mouth shut! Shame on her for paying a compliment to a co-worker!

Edited by Sidney
  • Love 2

OMG. How dare she throw in comments during a round table group interview! She should be shot and killed for that!

Michael's questions were to Stephen which was pretty obvious. Round table or not, it was very impolite to not let SN speak first. Even if he needed a few seconds to form his thoughts.

• Love 4

LMAO! Kate should have kept her mouth shut! Shame on her for paying a compliment to a co-worker!

Whoever posted the interview here I think meant well, but there's way too much disturbing personal hatred for KM that gets her blamed for things she didn't say and any and everything.

Michael's questions were to Stephen which was pretty obvious. Round table or not, it was very impolite to not let SN speak first. Even if he needed a few seconds to form his thoughts.

But it's perfectly fine when questions are directed at KM and BF, but SN interjects and comments or asked them a question before BF speaks? Of course it is, because he's not KM. It was a roundtable they were all friends, respectful co-workers who were enjoying the interview together, however people still need to make it into something that makes KM the devil incarnate for everything.

Edited by Artsda

I'm sure she thanked herself for SN for the compliment as well.

Edited by daysgoneby
  • Love 1

Whoever posted the interview here I think meant well, but there's way too much disturbing personal hatred for KM that gets her blamed for things she didn't say and any and everything.

But it's perfectly fine when questions are directed at KM and BF, but SN interjects and comments or asked them a question before BF speaks? Of course it is, because he's not KM. It was a roundtable they were all friends, respectful co-workers who were enjoying the interview together, however people still need to make it into something that makes KM the devil incarnate for everything.

I gave a specific example of KM answering Michael when he was asking SN specifically questions on his s/l. That was my only point which I think I made pretty clearly. The fact there was some conversation does not take away from the rudeness that I saw in that interview from KM.

And I don't like KM; I can't stand Abs and I'm glad to get this off my mind because it's hard to do at other 'boards', practically impossible and I have a right to my opinions.

Edited by daysgoneby
  • Love 9

For the record, I actually have no qualms about how KM acted in that interview, nor do I hate her personally. My dislike for the character doesn't extend to the actress, although I do reserve every right to question acting choices. I'm indifferent to the character of Chad, but I do think BF's portrayal is fantastic which is why I think that pairing him with a stronger actress in any potential love story would probably turn me into a shipper of said couple. Just had to get that out there.

Re: the veteran actors lavishing praise on the younger actors, pairings, and storylines, this isn't exclusive to Days nor is it unusual. I think it all comes back to wanting to elevate your show and its cast in order to sway the audience and the media. No actor (unless they've been fired and are lashing out) is going to criticize or not try to promote their show because they know that without doing so there would be no show and they would have no job. Honestly I think people are putting way too much weight on what these veteran actors are saying. I believe them that the feel on the show right now is great because everyone seems much happier under the new writing regime, but I do still have to put things through my own filter that A) they are always going to be more enthusiastic the more material they are given regardless of its quality because that's what writes their checks and B) the soap genre is dying and the actors on these shows are smart enough to realize that unless they stay in constant cheerleading mode, they are all out of a job.

• Love 6

And I don't like KM; I can't stand Abs and I'm glad to get this off my mind because it's hard to do at other 'boards', practically impossible and I have a right to my opinions.

Because other boards probably find attacking people doing a job, who you don't know with such vitrol and personal hatred as pretty disturbing. This is current discussion, but it's been it's just been attacking KM over every minor thing in an interview that was a great group interview for pages.  

I gave a specific example of KM answering Michael when he was asking SN specifically questions on his s/l.  

And if you read the interview, SN also answers and pipes in comments that weren't addressed to him. I see no problem with him doing it, but if KM does it. Then it's a global issue.

Edited by Artsda
  • Love 2

For the record, I actually have no qualms about how KM acted in that interview, nor do I hate her personally. My dislike for the character doesn't extend to the actress, although I do reserve every right to question acting choices. 

Exactly. Criticizing an actor on their acting choices and the things they say in public interviews is not a "disturbing personal hatred" for them. Hating a fictional character and the amount of screen time they get is not a "disturbing personal hatred". We're allowed to think KM is a poor actress and Abifail is a terrible character just like you're allowed to think she's an amazing actress and super awesome character. I highly doubt anyone here wishes any personal harm to KM or hates her guts and suggesting that we do is a bit dramatic and a little offensive. 

Speaking for myself, my extreme dislike for Abifail and criticism over KM's acting doesn't mean I hate her. I don't. I'm sure she's lovely in her personal life. I just want her off this show. 

And btw, the amount of criticism Abifail and KM's acting gets directly translates to how much screen time she gets. Look at what happened with Dan. He's hated almost as much as Abifail but when he disappeared for months no one talked about him. If Abifail were back burnered or at least had her episode count decreased the amount of vitrol would also decrease. Out of sight, out of mind.

• Love 14

Isn't it refreshing to post freely without the same 10 Chabby fans attacking you for expressing your opinion about this pairing.

B) the soap genre is dying and the actors on these shows are smart enough to realize that unless they stay in constant cheerleading mode, they are all out of a job.

Thats why I say it's Sony and a lesser degree the executives giving marching orders to the vets to help pimp Chabby or how incredible KM is a lead. Look how many times SN/MEB has been fired off this show and other soaps. Same can be said for A Martinez who hasn't found a stable soap home since his SB days. These people at the top knows this. I don't blame the vets for being talking head or company people at all. It's hard out there for a soap actor. Edited by BlackMamba
  • Love 2

Exactly. Criticizing an actor on their acting choices and the things they say in public interviews is not a "disturbing personal hatred" for them. Hating a fictional character and the amount of screen time they get is not a "disturbing personal hatred". We're allowed to think KM is a poor actress and Abifail is a terrible character just like you're allowed to think she's an amazing actress and super awesome character. I highly doubt anyone here wishes any personal harm to KM or hates her guts and suggesting that we do is a bit dramatic and a little offensive.

It actually does come across that way that people would wish her personal harm. When every single thing that comes out of her mouth is used to hate on someone personally. Whether it's taking credit for hiring BF which she didn't, or something about attacking her mother, or saying she would end up on reality tv. Or wanting her fired (which I'd consider harm).  It's perfectly normal to hate or snark on a character or storyline (however the Abigail obsession with everyone is pretty extreme), but when that is so crossed over to the actress. That is disturbing, just reading  the last few pages here isn't dramatic. People should be taking offense to it because may be it would make them look at how they're behaving.

Edited by Artsda
  • Love 2

Wow, that escalated quickly. *ahem* JMO but aren't all opinions welcome so long as they clearly don't violate the board rules? Not trying to soap box referee here, but damn...this is all being taken way too seriously for a TV show, LOL.

• Love 14

Wow, that escalated quickly. *ahem* JMO but aren't all opinions welcome so long as they clearly don't violate the board rules? Not trying to soap box referee here, but damn...this is all being taken way too seriously for a TV show, LOL.

I'm not sure where the last few pages even fit in "current DAYS discussion." So there's that, there's also the rule that hating/snark on character and storyline are fair game. KM is not a character, she's a real person. However, but that rule says nothing about personal hatred of actors/actresses being fair game.  Perhaps they need to clarify that one. 

Someone found and posted a great cast interview with 4 people from the show, that liked and praised each other and it had to be turned into something so ugly by people here. 

Edited by Artsda

Isn't it refreshing to post freely without the same 10 Chabby fans attacking you for expressing your opinion about this pairing.

Yes, it really is nice to be able to voice my thoughts about the show that have been annoying me for awhile now and continue to annoy me. I love Days. It's my favorite soap and the only real show I'm watching these days because I'm so busy. But the Abs s/l and character has literally taken over the show. I'm also a huge fan of Ejami, EJ (&Ejole), and Sami (&Safe). But when I feel like the show or powers that be is taking their audience for granted forcing Abs down our throats I'm frustrated and need to vent, which I'm thankful to do here.

Edited by daysgoneby
  • Love 4

If Crabs were treated like any old regular soap couple maybe I wouldn't hate them as much.

I still wouldn't like them.  I pay very little attention to the soap media and absolutely no attention to twitter, facebook, and other message boards that are rife with drama hounds looking to argue that their opinion is the only right opinion, etc.  If it weren't for what people post here, and seeing the tiny little soap mags at the grocery check out, I'd have no idea who was leaving, what stories were coming up, and what couples were being pimped.  So my dislike for this fictional couple - or actually, one half of this fictional couple - comes only from what I see on screen. 

Also, for newer posters, there is a great feature here where you can ignore those you'd rather not read.  :-)

• Love 5

I'm not sure where the last few pages even fit in "current DAYS discussion." So there's that, there's also the rule that hating/snark on character and storyline are fair game. KM is not a character, she's a real person. However, but that rule says nothing about personal hatred of actors/actresses being fair game.  Perhaps they need to clarify that one.

I actually agree with you on your first point and that's why I have been trying to take the discussion over to the Behind the Scenes thread where I can, but unfortunately, trying to make general responses (i.e. not tied to a specific post) to the discussion here over there is a bit awkward. But nonetheless, point taken and agreed with.

As to the next point, I think it's pretty safe to say that happens on every thread across every show on this board. I see hate on real actors all the time so I think there's a reason why you aren't seeing a rule prohibiting it. My suggestion? Just ignore it. I know that might be hard to do but it really does save a lot of ill feelings in the end. :)

Also, for newer posters, there is a great feature here where you can ignore those you'd rather not read.  :-)

Yes, it's a great feature.

Edited by NumberCruncher
  • Love 3

I still wouldn't like them.  I pay very little attention to the soap media and absolutely no attention to twitter, facebook, and other message boards that are rife with drama hounds looking to argue that their opinion is the only right opinion, etc.  If it weren't for what people post here, and seeing the tiny little soap mags at the grocery check out, I'd have no idea who was leaving, what stories were coming up, and what couples were being pimped.  So my dislike for this fictional couple - or actually, one half of this fictional couple - comes only from what I see on screen. 

Great post!

The Ignore feature, let's just say it keeps me sane - or at least as close as I ever get.

• Love 3

TPTB are afraid he will have chemistry with some other woman and a rival fanbase would be born.

• Love 5

Someone found and posted a great cast interview with 4 people from the show, that liked and praised each other and it had to be turned into something so ugly by people here. 

I was the one who found and posted the link to the interview because I truly thought it was a great interview that showed how much the actors got along and cared about the show and their characters.  I thought it even showed that Kate Mansi was aware of some of Abigail's not so admirable actions.  Sorry my posting the link was the catalyst that started yet another pro/con debate about the character and actor.  

The good news is, in less than 24 hours we'll get to discuss tomorrow's show and the aftermath of the car accident. ;)

• Love 7

You shouldn't feel sorry, buffynut.  It's always interesting to see how differently people will interpret the same event.  One of the things I love about this board is that most posters respect the opinions of others, even when it varies (often diametrically) from their own.  Perspective and all that.

While I'm looking forward to tomorrow's episode, it's also going to be difficult.  Brady, Jen, Dr. Tan and Eric were on the cover of one of the recent soap mags the other day and I almost bought it ... but then decided a candy bar would be a more satisfying option.

• Love 7

buffynut, I enjoyed reading the interview. I liked SN, MBE, and BF's responses, and I thought KM came off better in this interview than in past ones (even if I didn't agree with everything she said).

I'm not looking forward to seeing the destruction of Eric, especially so soon after what they did to Will. It would be one thing if I felt confident that this would lead to some great story for Eric, but I'm not. It seems like when these writers don't know what to do with a character they trash them and/or kill them off. 

• Love 7

I think the character of Eric has been completely wasted.  There was potential, but the writers could never be bothered to follow up on any of Eric's SLs.  They did the same thing with Eric that they have done with so many other characters.  Eric would have the same scenes and conversations over and over again, the SL would go nowhere, and then suddenly it was over.

Actors and actresses doing interviews comes with the territory.  AS, GG, AZ, and JS were stunned when they got the script that had Sami cheating on Rafe with EJ.  AS felt it was a bad idea because not being a cheater had been a core characteristic of Sami's for over 20 years.  However, they did the SL, and promoted it and the fall out because that is their job.

• Love 6

I was the one who found and posted the link to the interview because I truly thought it was a great interview that showed how much the actors got along and cared about the show and their characters.  I thought it even showed that Kate Mansi was aware of some of Abigail's not so admirable actions.  Sorry my posting the link was the catalyst that started yet another pro/con debate about the character and actor.  

The good news is, in less than 24 hours we'll get to discuss tomorrow's show and the aftermath of the car accident. ;)

Don't be sorry, it's not your fault others can't handle anything KM related. It was a great interview, by the group of them. 

Edited by Artsda
  • Love 2

Yes, it really is nice to be able to voice my thoughts about the show that have been annoying me for awhile now and continue to annoy me. I love Days. It's my favorite soap and the only real show I'm watching these days because I'm so busy. But the Abs s/l and character has literally taken over the show. I'm also a huge fan of Ejami, EJ (&Ejole), and Sami (&Safe). But when I feel like the show or powers that be is taking their audience for granted forcing Abs down our throats I'm frustrated and need to vent, which I'm thankful to do here.

I don't watch Days regularly any longer. I tuned in to see Bo (sob!) return and I might tune in to see the aftermath of the accident. That said, this show has had a problem with overplaying characters. I noticed it when it was my favorites - Sami, EJ, Nicole, etc - and I noticed it even more when it was the likes of Daniel and Jennifer. Like the Geico commercial says, it's what you do when you're Ken Corday. Abby has been front burner for nearly two years now. I don't blame Mansi for that. That's on the show.

I don't like Abby and I think KM is a so-so actress. The character and the actress get slammed but compared to what AS or AZ or even MR has endured over the years it is pretty tame in comparison. There's no rule that viewers have to love all the characters or the actors. 

Vent on!

• Love 13

I see nothing wrong with people not liking Kate Mansi and her horrid acting. I feel that we should be able to voice our opinions without being labeled crazy, weird and obsessive. I get a bit chafed when some people insinuate that. I liked Guy Wilson, despite his limited acting skills. I never had a problem with people disliking him on here. I think that we are fair on here about people's likes and dislikes.

• Love 8

TPTB are afraid he will have chemistry with some other woman and a rival fanbase would be born.

But, see, I get this mostly from the fans. Which is why Days fans are the scariest of the remaining soaps.

I'm on Twitter and I see it now with Rope (Rafe/Hope).

The bitching on a daily basis between remaining Bope and crazy-Haiden fans when they see Rope in scenes is scary (they even hammer Kristian and Galen like they write the damn show. I don't think KA comes on Twitter as much because both fanbases just attack her. Like do these fanbases have any social media etiquette at all

Edited by BlackMamba
  • Love 5

BULLSHIT!!! REMEMBER THIS IS LOVE IN THE AFTERNOON PEOPLE. IF HOPE ISN'T LINKED TO SOMEONE GUESS WHAT YOU REALLY THINK SHE'LL BE ON SCREEN - NO!

If by some chance, Hope and Rafe become a romantic pair, it's well acted, good story and they actually have great scenes, I'd ship it! Fuck it.

I shouldn't like this!!! I love Bope like a fat kid needing that last piece of cake with icing, but if Rafe ends up being a winner in Hope’s life, then I will stand behind it 100%. With all the mess Hope has gone through by spring or summer she deserves to finally to explore happiness with someone else.

I loved Bope. But when KA left the show I accepted Bo with Carly and Bo with Billie. (I just hated RKK with Carly. Hated.) Because Salem doesn't have a monastery or a nunnery. Eric had to leave town to visit Friar DayPlayer. The show kept Hope single longer than I ever expected but PR ain't coming back to stay.  I liked Haiden at the beginning and why the show felt the need to have two women in Salem hooked up with crazed killers - and why one of them couldn't be Jennifer - is explicable only by bad writing. I won't be shipping Rafe with anyone, except maybe an undertaker, but if KA can get GG to act then rock on.

• Love 8

I loved Bope. But when KA left the show I accepted Bo with Carly and Bo with Billie. (I just hated RKK with Carly. Hated.) Because Salem doesn't have a monastery or a nunnery. Eric had to leave town to visit Friar DayPlayer. The show kept Hope single longer than I ever expected but PR ain't coming back to stay. I liked Haiden at the beginning and why the show felt the need to have two women in Salem hooked up with crazed killers - and why one of them couldn't be Jennifer - is explicable only by bad writing. I won't be shipping Rafe with anyone, except maybe an undertaker, but if KA can get GG to act then rock on.

Jane, are we related???

Girl, I said that in the storyline possibilities thread! If KA can get GG to act, she deserves a special Emmy for working a damn miracle!

• Love 5

Rafe and Hope are fine by me, at least so long as GG gets to keep Rafe's slightly smartass edge.  Schmoopy Rafe can stay away.

I don't care much for Missy Reeves or Jennifer but am curious as to what's going to happen now.  MR's not done much but prop KM since Days thankfully ended Jen's relationship with Dr. Tan.  Whatever story they were going to have her do WRT the developer just went away, her getting gaslighted by Eve ended quickly and quietly, and her getting together with Eric went nowhere after their strange kiss at the anniversary event.  Not that I'd want to see her in a romance or anything, it just seems like a waste of long-time character.  Surely there's more she could do besides worry about her idiot daughter and rarely seen, cop-wannabe son?

So many characters and actors haven been/are being underutilized or outright thrown under the bus right now.  At least there are some positives, such as Theresa and Nicole no longer being doormats for the verbal abuse of Brady and Dr. Tan, the better sets, and KA, MBE, and SN being given some quality time.

• Love 5

Seriously, can we stop talking about and/or attacking what other posters are doing and focus on the show? It's getting annoying now.

Yes please. It's getting very tense here. This is a great forum because people can and do express their feelings and opinions. We need to respect and support the feelings of others. I clearly am not a fan of this incarnation of Abigail (loved Abby Benson), and I think KM is far from a great actress. However, I love hearing from posters who like her. I read these posts because it would be great to find something I can grow to like. I love when Artsda defends Abby and KM with the same level of fierceness I defend Kayla and MBE with (there are people on this site who hate Kayla, I don't like it, but I respect their right to feel that way). Hell, I salute Artsda because it takes courage to repeatedly come to a site and be subjected to dislike of a fav and feel the need to constantly defend said fav. The fact that others see something gives me hope that I can be won over. I was with JL as Theresa.

I still can't stand Theresa as a character, but I have grown to love JL's portrayal of her, much in the same way I have grown to have a place in my heart for Kate, Sami, Stefano (and no one can argue that Stefano isnt a horrible excuse for a human being and that he has done and been behind many of the awful things that have happened to my favs., real and retconned, but I love JM's portrayal) and my lamented Lexie. My hope is that the show takes a chance and pairs her with someone other than Brady, cause I just don't see it. The same could be true with Abby, perhaps paired with someone who I see the chemistry with will enable me to soften to her (I like BF, Chad however has the personality of a pod person and I felt this pre-brainwashing). I actually saw some moments when she and RSW were actually interesting, perhaps exploring that rather than turning Ben psycho killer would have me seeing the character in a new light. But since people seem to like Abby and Chad and I have no control over the show, I accept that this will never happen.

Edited by Happytobehere
  • Love 9

I see nothing wrong with people not liking Kate Mansi and her horrid acting. I feel that we should be able to voice our opinions without being labeled crazy, weird and obsessive. I get a bit chafed when some people insinuate that. I liked Guy Wilson, despite his limited acting skills. I never had a problem with people disliking him on here. I think that we are fair on here about people's likes and dislikes.

Mansi has nothing said against her when compared to James Scott who was called a rapist.  The actor was called a rapist instead of the character.

• Love 8

Mannn, I feel bad for Missy Reeves/Jennifer. She needs a storyline of her finding love again. She shouldn't be in a matriarch role at all, least not right now. Jennifer is still young and nice looking! She's like 45, she should be with someone who's gonna make her feel good and special since Jack. I wouldn't mind if she had some boy candy action for a few months til she got serious in finding a new romance. Why is she already in the Alice Horton role is beyond me.

And what has happened to Jennifer's career?! This woman use to work in journalism. How come the writers have tried working an angle into maybe her working as head of Isabella magazine or something. I mean Jennifer does nothing but share scenes with Abifail. It's definitely a wasted character. I feel bad for those that love Jennifer. She deserves way more than what's she's getting.

• Love 9

The same thing can be said for Guy Wilson. He and his family were harassed on the Internet by his detractors throughout his tenure on the show. However, Kate has a lot of fans to my utter disbelief.

Oh Kate is good tv IMO. I hate when she's so involved with her children's love life (ie Lucas) but you need characters like Kate to love to hate. Plus LK has been Kate since 1994, thats a long time.

Yeah I didn't like how Guy was attacked for being NuWill. Again not his fault that TomSell messed up the Will character and Guy just simply read what was on the script. I hate when writers do that crap. They get a recast and flip the character on its knees like that. It's utter bs.

• Love 3

Oh Kate is good tv IMO. I hate when she's so involved with her children's love life (ie Lucas) but you need characters like Kate to love to hate. Plus LK has been Kate since 1994, thats a long time.

Yeah I didn't like how Guy was attacked for being NuWill. Again not his fault that TomSell messed up the Will character and Guy just simply read what was on the script. I hate when writers do that crap. They get a recast and flip the character on its knees like that. It's utter bs.

The poster was referring to Kate Mansi (Abigail), not the character Kate.  But yes, Kate Roberts is amazing.

Edited by JBC344
  • Love 2

I was talking about Kate Mansi and not Kate Roberts. I loved both versions of Kate. I loved Kate with Victor and the family that they had with Lucas, Billie, Austin, Bo, Will and Philip. I loved the scene with Kate and Lucas with Victor swearing vengeance on Sami after she provoked Victor into having a stroke. I love Kate it is a shame that she is a welcome mat for single men over the age of 50. I wish that the show would reunite Victor and Kate.

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 4

Alison Sweeney used to have people come up to her in person, and tell her to leave Carrie and Austin alone.

I would like to see Theresa paired up with someone besides Brady.

One thing I am beyond tired of seeing is Victor and Stefano refer to women as whores and bitches.

• Love 6

I made fun of Nu-Phillip's face.  So Abigail isn't the only one I mock on this show. I think I was way crueller in assessing Nu-Phillip's face than I was in remarking that KM might wind up on a reality show (that's what so many actors wind up doing these days, so I don't think it was that out of line or  that odd of a prediction to make), but comments on KM get noticed more. It's possible I could be guilty of personal attacks, but if that's the case, I'm guilty of doing to other actors on this show too-- like Dr. Oompa-Loompa! And I'm pretty sure Nu-Phillip is going to be getting it from me once his air-time starts rivalling KM's. 

Edited by bantering
  • Love 8

One thing I am beyond tired of seeing is Victor and Stefano refer to women as whores and bitches.

Maybe. But they are mobsters in organized crimes. Most mobsters don't have respect women so to me Victor and Stefano calling women bitches and hoes is in character. Now I will agree they might need to tone it down but if they say it I keep in mind what type of character they are too. But this is where the writing is lacking when Victor and Stefano gets mouthly with Marlena, Sami and Hope they get an attitude right back or slap them. The writers need to do that more with Theresa. Don't have Victor calling you all out your name, enough should be enough.

• Love 1

But the women don't get to fight back.  Both Victor and Stefano are rapists (blackmailing someone into having sex with you, or erasing their memories and getting them to have sex with you are forms of rape), and murderers, and when they call women whores or bitches no one gets to call them rapists and murderers in response.  Don't even get me started on EJ getting to use Sami's past with Austin against her in an argument, but Sami not being allowed to say one word about EJ raping her and having Fake Rafe rape her.

• Love 3

Don't even get me started on EJ getting to use Sami's past with Austin against her in an argument, but Sami not being allowed to say one word about EJ raping her and having Fake Rafe rape her.

But Sami has raped Austin. Those are beats as a previous headwriters have missed. Plus how many times has Sami has gone all Ike Turner on EJ and shot him. EJami has abused each other several times in their relationship.

• Love 2