Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

(edited)

I have listened to the Friday show three times now, and I still swear that when the girl that T was waiting for finally shows up, she calls him "D".  Is that a joke because he couldn't get her name right?

Closed captioning said "D". I thought that was why the guys were laughing, because after T calling his date five different names, she in the end didn't know his either. I thought it was a cute scene!

I want T to get more screen time but I worry they would just ruin him like they did Rory and Bev.

I thought the character could be/was ruined after he was so blatantly homophobic after Will came out.

Edited by AManfred

I want T to get more screen time but I worry they would just ruin him like they did Rory and Bev.

That does seem to be one of the few things the writers are good at - ruining characters.  The other thing they are good at is having boring characters on all the time doing the same thing over and over again.

• Love 1
(edited)

I hope Sami brings up the pregnancy scare with EJ.

I think the pregnancy scare bothers me more than the cheating. If you're going to cheat on me, use some form of birth control please! I think that's really where EJ loses ground on any argument he might have when having to face off against Sami. He could bring up points about how his psychology was affected by their arguments or, alternatively, how Sami kept telling him to do whatever it takes to keep Abigail quiet, but the tremendously stupid pregnancy scare takes the wind out of the sails of those other potential arguments he might have had in his arsenal to "defend" himself.

I know Sami cheated on Rafe blah blah blah, but at least she didn't have a pregnancy scare! She knew how to use her birth control with super sperminator EJ Dimera! In that sense, I do find her cheating less stupid than EJ's. She at least had the common sense to not find herself wondering if she might be carrying the baby of the guy who is not her husband.

Edited by bantering

For me, when the characters start going on about how beautiful and interesting Abigail is, it falls flat because KM doesn't have any natural charisma or likeability.  Unlike AS, AZ, JL or KdP, there isn't any "it" factor that makes the actress or character stand out.  When MR was younger, Jennifer was adorable and truly rootable, but that's all but disappeared and I can't figure out why.

On Friday's show, I was stunned by how bad both Jennifer and Abigail looked--they both looked old and completely inappropriate for a day at the lake--what the heck was wardrobe thinking?

I know that I'm getting a kick out of Eve and Theresa giggling together at Jenn's misfortunes--the actresses are vert believable as sisters and I really hope they're able to become a family unit, with or without their mutual Horton hatred.

• Love 3
(edited)

I think Jen Lilley might have some "it" factor, (maybe it's her eyes?) but the character of Eve is sort of boring sometimes. Her schemes never really seem to have a point to them like Sami's did.

Edited by bantering
  • Love 1

I think Jennifer has hypocritical tendencies (as does everyone on the show),  but essentially I think she's decent. The annoyance I have with her is that worried look she always has on her face. She looks like she needs some Prozac.

I agree with this a lot.  I don't think she is a bad person, but I hate her constant look of misery.  I also hate how everyone else is always saying how "good" she is.  If they would shut up about it, I'd probably agree more.  And Dr Dan is the worst part of her life.  I like her so much better without him.

Gah, if I didn't watch this show and just tuned in, I'd actually think Dan was one of the bad guys.  He just seems like such a whack-job sometimes.  Him with his "I though you should know"s and his",  "I broke up my relationship because of you, Eric" and his "if she wants to talk to me, she can come to me" crap with Jen only to reject her again when she comes a begging.  He seems like something of a manipulator from another perspective.  Like he isn't the nicest guy but says that he is and that he does things to "help" others, but yet all these people seem so miserable because of him!

What he is doing to Jen seems like a mind-game in a lot of ways.  He's punishing her for not doing things his way or not believing enough in his "awesomeness".  He keeps her at arms-length so that she'll keep begging him to talk to her/take her back.  Then he does his usual rejection speech.  Then he shows up at her house for a gift for JJ, knowing how she still feels only to reject her again.  WTF, back off then.  What does he even want from her anyway?  Is he only willing to take her back in time once she fully commits to only doing and believing in whatever Dan wants?  Dude is a sociopath.  He's a creep.

As wrong as what Nicole did was, he put himself too much in the middle of her and Eric's situation.  He was more involved in it then even they were.  Then he tells Eric that he and Jen are on a break, because of Eric and his situation.  WTF?  Shut up.  He's just too involved in everyone else's crap and everyone who gets involved with him just seems miserable.  Go away Dan!

I remember Eve from back in the day, but I don't remember her being the evil, hated screw-up they are writing her as now.  I feel like she had a heart in there and did stupid/sometimes swful things because she was either hurt or didn't know how else to solve matters.  She reminded me a lot of Sami back then, maybe a little Nicole even.  Now she just seems callous and mean.  It's like a whole new character (with new actor), with the same name.  I think I'd buy it more if we saw Shane maybe.

• Love 4

I would love for Sami to tell EJ she had herself tested for STDs during their argument.

I think JL (Theresa) is gorgeous, she's a good actress, and she has a lot of presence, but bogging her down in Dannifer was a mistake.  I'm not sure what will happen with Eve, but I would like for Theresa to get out of the Horton orbit.

I still wish there had been more scenes of Sami, Theresa, and Ciara.

• Love 3
(edited)

Why are Jennifer and Abigail the town good girls? They're hypocritical, judgmental, and boring. 

Why can't Kayla fill the good role instead of Jen?  She is infinitely more interesting and MBE is a better actor, IMO.  I guess the show just needs more Hortons.  So why not bring on another Horton woman with a daughter?  I haven't looked at their family tree in a long time, but there has to be more Hope cousins than Jen and Julie.  

As for Abby, I'd take Melanie over her and I can't stand Melanie.

There's Mike, Jennifer's brother, and his son Jeremy.  Jeremy could have married a nice girl.  :)

There's Sarah, Maggie's daughter by Neil Curtis, who was adopted by Mickey, and her adopted sister, Melissa.

Julie has two sons, but I don't know anything about their children.

Edited by Rick Kitchen

I would love a good influx of Hortons, provided they don't insist on writing them into abusive jerks like they did with Nick and Jeremy. Scotty Banning is Julie's grandson, he has a history with Eve, bring him back. He's old enough to have a young adult kid, too. Doug had a son, so Hope has a half brother out there somewhere. He, and his kids, wouldn't be Hortons, but they'd have a connection through Hope AND they'd be fresh romantic meat for everyone else in town.

I'd also like to see some more Kiriakis family, like Justin's other kids. I'd even be up for more Bradys: Shawn D (also a Horton and technically a Kiriakis), Chelsea, Stephanie. I'm okay with any of them being recast. There's a whole generation of legacy characters that are no where to be seen, yet we're getting round 2 of Melanie Jonas.

• Love 1

Even if TIIC brought back some of the legacy characters, I'm not sure they would be utilized.  Then the actors/actresses would get bored, and leave.  That's what has happened with several of the last generations of characters.

Dear Show,

I guarantee you that the best way for me to go the exact opposite direction you want me to is to slam home over and over and over again the point you're trying to make.

Two Things Dande Doesn't Buy Even Though the Show Really Really Wants Her To:

1. Daniel is the Second-Coming -- You know, I could probably enjoy Daniel even despite the yarn like texture of his hair and that stupid ass necklace he wears if the show weren't beating me bloody with the fact that he's the Most Amazing Man Ever. I have accepted him as an inevitability... like taxes. It obviously doesn't matter what I think, he's going to be portrayed as a living prophet of goodness and perfection and everyone but everyone is held in his sway. It's like he's Mesmero or something. (Yes, I tend to equate various soap characters with X-Men -- heroes and villains -- it's a thing.) And even though I've prepared myself for the inevitability of Eve mewling and whining at him about how wonderful he is and how she doesn't deserve him (we all know this is coming, right?) I'm certainly not going to agree with it.

2. Eve is the Anti-Christ -- Eve is Evil, yo! Know how I know that? Because they've been having every. single. character. on the show talk about her as if she was a pestilence that blew through town and destroyed everything... Salem has apparently only just recovered from Eve's last reign of terror! What's more, they have resident baddie Theresa consistently whining about how she's the 'good one' and then actively seeking out validation that she's 'not as bad.' Then, of course, there's the contradictory bit about her and Jen's high school rivalry. Retcon aside, apparently, a high school girl involved in love triangles was the worst thing to ever happen to Salem... a force of such destruction that everyone she came across apparently suffers PTSD just from hearing her name. Oh, and lest we forget... she's trying to take money away from veterans!

Moving on:

I honestly felt bad for any of the guys who had to share scenes with Ben on Friday. You know that scene in 'Crazy, Stupid Love' where Emma Stone's all 'Seriously?! It's like you're Photoshopped!' at what's-his-face? Yeah. It was like that. Guy's got a bod and he has clearly worked for it. Well done.

I actually kind of hope that Theresa and Eve can develop a legitimate family relationship. To me, it gets boring when you have your pariah wandering around singing 'All By Myself' as the town (generally led by the Hortons, it seems) sneer at them. Sure, at the moment, Theresa and Eve have a mutual disdain for Jennifer but I'd like to see that actually turn into something of a familial bond. The Brady/Hortons shouldn't be the only ones allowed to be a family, dammit. There's no fun in that.

Abigail continues to change direction like a windsock. I continue not to get what she's supposed to be feeling at any given time... and not in an 'oh, she's so unpredictable' kind of way. It's in a 'I genuinely don't understand what she's going for here' kind of way.

And Sami's revenge gives me life.

• Love 5

I honestly felt bad for any of the guys who had to share scenes with Ben on Friday. You know that scene in 'Crazy, Stupid Love' where Emma Stone's all 'Seriously?! It's like you're Photoshopped!' at what's-his-face? Yeah. It was like that. Guy's got a bod and he has clearly worked for it. Well done.

I can't get past Ben's plastic, frozen face.  To me, he looked like a Ken Doll.  I really do prefer T with his little belly and his cute, twinkly eyes.  LOL at all the man candy on July 4th.  Every guy at the lake was looking GOOD - kinda made up for how horrible the ladies looked.  And I can't believe I'm saying this, but Daniel looked handsome to me in his scenes with Eve.  I like him in a white T.  I guess it suits his aging hobo surfer look better.  I just wished he didn't look so pained all the time.

• Love 3
(edited)

Why would Nicole think Eric would be interested in talking to her about anything, especially when it has to do with EJ and thus Sami by association? Why does she think her raggedy story would be enough to make the public sympathetic to EJ? How is someone with her trashed reputation even a reporter at a reputable newspaper?

If Sami is willing to trust Kate I'm not sure why Kate's not willing to trust her. They both need each other in order for this plan to work so what motivation would Sami have for double crossing her.

Edited by LeftPhalange
  • Love 2
If Sami is willing to trust Kate I'm not sure why Kate's not willing to trust her. They both need each other in order for this plan to work so what motivation would Sami have for double crossing her.

Well, Sami's often irrational, so I can understand Kate being nervous. But if the Kami scheme fails thanks to a double cross, I'll be pissed. I really hope this is just to add a little narrative tension for viewers because right now, their revenge scheme has been a cakewalk.

And I can't believe I'm saying this, but Daniel looked handsome to me in his scenes with Eve.  I like him in a white T.  I guess it suits his aging hobo surfer look better.  I just wished he didn't look so pained all the time.

Gas.  He must have gas.  I just hope nobody goes anywhere with him in a car, or even in an elevator until he takes care of that.  Otherwise Jawn "Smell the Fart" will have someone to throw legitimate shade at.

• Love 2

I'm sure once Rafe realizes he cheated, he will be happy to assure Jordan it didn't mean anything.  {face palm}

But if the Kami scheme fails thanks to a double cross, I'll be pissed.

I will to.  Sami and Kate are the only reason I am watching.

• Love 1

Really Nicole, you're gonna ask Eric to give you the story on EJ's arrest and tells Eric to get over himself. No Nicole, why don't you get over yourself. Yes Eric, stick up for yourself and tell that bitch to fuck off. EJ should tell her the same thing.

I wish Sami and Kate would stop meeting in the park and meet somewhere private. They can't build a living room set for Kate? It doesn't have to be anything big, because them talking loud in the park is just beyond ridiculous. Can't say I blame Kate for wanting something in return and she told Sami upfront that she doesn't trust her. Love Kate.

More yawn worthy material from Jordan and Rafe. Sick of her grimacing. Let her father take her out to the country side, shoot her in the face and spare us all.

Theresa can be pretty annoying like she was today. I can be on Maggie's side when she's trying to get Brady to sober up cause he does need someone to tell him about his ways. I know Theresa wants to keep him drunk and drugged up so she can more than likely extort money out of him.

Now I missed the Brady/Yawn talk, what was the proposal Brady made to him for this fresh start?

• Love 1

Sweaty, bitter, sarcastic Greg Vaughn made Eric the most interesting I've ever seen him. Second the 'more, please.'

Kate and Sami. No honor amongst thieves, apparently.

And Pop Up Stefano! Not nearly as awesome as Pop Up Victor, however.

More yawn worthy material from Jordan and Rafe. Sick of her grimacing. Let her father take her out to the country side, shoot her in the face and spare us all.

So bloodthirsty!  I love it and I couldn't agree more. I'm so tired of Ben/Jordan/Rafe.  I really hate that damn scrunchy/frowny expression that Jordan has - it's almost as bad as Jennifer's Worried Martyr expression and Nicole's Sad Trombone face.  

Don't forget his lack of any discernible ability to act.

He really is awful.  Almost as bad as the first Ben and that's saying something.

(edited)

Teresa looked very pretty today in the red dress and red lipstick.

Still find this cocaine storyline kind of dull though.

I still can't believe how dumb EJ is. There's trying to be optimistic about no one finding out about your affair (or, er, uh, denial)...and then there's utterly stupid.

Edited by bantering
(edited)

I'm not sure EJ is this dumb, actually - the show seemed to be hinting today that he's figured out that Sami's playing him. The smile on his face kinda dropped as Sami walked away, and then at the end he was all "they're"...one explanation would be that his smile dropping is just because he's bummed about his situation and he had been trying to keep up a good front for his wife's sake, and that the "they're" is a reference to Stefano/Kate. The other explanation, of course, is that he's figured out that Sami and Kate have teamed up and are playing him, and he's maybe been in touch with his father. I don't know, Stefano making Kate his proxy just seemed a little too easy. Maybe EJ is testing Sami to see if she'll betray him at the board meeting, and if she does, no problem, Stefano will step in and ruin the plan, because, ba dum dum, he really did fly into Salem after all.

Kate and Sami hugging continues to be the most bizarre sight for me. I'd find a kiss less weird, honestly, because that can always be ascribed to HateSex or AngerSex or some variation thereof. I do love the hugging, but it's just so strange to see! Sami holding Kate's hand and practically hyperventilating while Kate was on the phone with Stefano was amusing. As for the end, I can see Kate's side now - she's worried that once she does as Sami asks, she won't have any leverage and Sami can go back on whatever she promised Kate because she's already gotten what she needs. It's an entirely reasonable concern. I really would've expected Kate to have sorted this out with Sami a lot earlier, though, had a contract signed or something. Maybe if she'd spent a little less time on her stupid Destroy Jordan plot, she could have. (Hmmm. What if Stefano knows about Kate sleeping with Rafe? That'd kinda explain why the show bothered with that hookup, because on Rafe's side it's been a big nothing - he doesn't seem to even notice that he cheated on Jordan.)

And speaking of such, are we going to get flashbacks? I want flashbacks showing how/when Sami found out about the cheating and how she and Kate got together on this scheme. My feeling is that Sami found out about the cheating shortly after Nick's murder, because I don't think she would've agreed to the hitman thing if she knew already that EJ had cheated on her - the last thing she'd want then is giving EJ even more leverage over her.

Edited by Black Knight

EJ hit Brady levels of dumb months ago, and he has been going downhill ever since.

If the writers ruin Sami/Kate, my hate for them will reach epic proportions.

Since Liam didn't get the job done, let Clyde be a serial killer.

• Love 1

I'm kind of enjoying Sami for the first time in years, but I wouldn't be opposed to Kate screwing her over in the end. Old habits (both mine and Kate's) die hard.

I would like to see flashbacks to how Kate and Sami's unholy alliance started, but the show had better not ask me to accept a retcon of anything we've already seen play out onscreen. 

Now I missed the Brady/Yawn talk, what was the proposal Brady made to him for this fresh start?

To roll Basic Black into Titan, and see if they can work together. Brady thinks if they can work together, that'll help them be able to interact on a personal level better too. I guess. John seemed suspicious of the proposal, or maybe that's just his Smell the Fart face as usual.

Question of my own: What was up with that necklace that Sami was wearing, that she was in such a rush to have Kate remove? Why? I wondered if maybe it's a necklace EJ gave her and so she doesn't want to wear it, but 1) she could have just removed it herself upon leaving the jail 2) she's still wearing her engagement and wedding rings, and I'd think that if it bothers her to wear jewelry EJ gave her, she'd want to take those off first. Could she have a mic or a camera or something hidden in that necklace?

(edited)

He really is awful.  Almost as bad as the first Ben and that's saying something.

I'm actually beginning to think that Ginger Ale Ben/Ben Gay wasn't that bad. (Hold me. I'm scared!)

Pop-Up Stefano's such a wannabe.

Edited by Sandman
  • Love 1

What a nice start to the Salem week!  The Kate/Sami plot continues to steamroll along.  This is such a good storyline.  It's so much fun to watch Sami drop the mask and expose the fury she's feeling, and watching Kate with her Cheshire Cat grin, ready to eat any and all canaries - priceless.  I'm wondering what it is she wants from Sami in writing.  Whatever it is, it's sure to be more than Sami wants to give, but damn smart of Kate to tie her hands so Sami can't dump her once the deed is done.  Just as Kate would do to Sami if she could. 

So, uh, I guess Rafe  still hasn't  figured out he cheated???

I'm sure once Rafe realizes he cheated, he will be happy to assure Jordan it didn't mean anything.  {face palm}

Bu..bu...But Rafe didn't cheat!  Rafe had a "Gabi is gone" moment and needed comfort.  That doesn't count as cheating, not in the Hernandez world.  In fact, I'm pretty sure that in Hernandez world it's impossible for a man to EVER cheat.  Only women can do that.   Rafe's view of women isn't exactly.....current.  He would be happy in medieval times.  But, he does have very pretty eyelashes for a tiny-brained hand puppet.

I don't think Brady is extending an olive branch to Jawn.  Brady is dumb as a post but mean in the bargain, and he blames Jawn for everything.  Whatever he's offering Jawn, I'm pretty sure it's going to cause Jawn to lose all control and fill the room with gas.  It won't be pretty, and when Victor gets the bill for the fumigation needed....well, that's off topic.

Whatever Brady is up to, numbnuts that is, I'm hoping it makes Jawn as miserable as that bad dye job is to look at.

Sweaty, bitter, sarcastic Greg Vaughan is a thing of beauty.  More, please.

Yes!  And, finally, a reason to watch Eric and not feel sleepy.  Eric had some life to him, and it was good to see him give it back to Nicole and not try to be the "better person".  I know Eric wasn't fair to her when he accused her so long ago, but it was SO LONG AGO.  And that doesn't make what Nicole did okay. 

What the hell are they doing with Nicole anyway?  She seems pointless right now.  I don't see how they can insert her into the Sami/EJ storyline, and her continuing to to after Eric makes her seem deluded.  Maybe that's the point??  Sorry to say I don't see ANY point for Nicole right now.  I think she needs to be backburnered for a while.

God knows I complain about the pace on DOOL sometimes.  But watching Theresa today, and remembering how little I cared for the character when she first arrived, I'm appreciative of the time they took with the character.  Instead of the show telling us how to feel about her, we've watched her, seen her do some horrible stuff I liked (torturing Jenn YEA!!), some horrible stuff I didn't (don't be mean to JJ), and inbetween we've seen her vulnerable side, and her good side, mostly with Caroline.  On the other remaining shows, at least on GH and Y&R, the shows tell us how to feel about characters but don't show us.  And it doesn't work.  The only characters that continue to work are the vets, because we have longterm background on them.  The new characters are pasteboard cutouts, at best.  DOOL does it the old way and I really appreciate it.  This way, characters like Theresa have the chance to be more than just plot points.  As a fan of KdP, I hope they do the same with Eve.

• Love 2

Brady really is dumb, but damn if EM doesn't look as good as ever.  The man doesn't age. 

I wish they'd write him a good story, give him a brain, and get him away from shrieking Maggie and whispering John.  Brady and Theresa are very pretty together, and having them do something other than drink and stare at tiny vials of cocaine would be awesome.  Those need to unite over something other than partying and being pissed separately or together at John, Daniel, Eric, Jen, et al.

• Love 3
(edited)

Rafe (and the writers)  thinks he's a saint, nothing he does in his mind is wrong. He'll say he's not a cheater. 

I really hope when Kristen returns soon her first task is taking care of Sami and knocking some sense into EJ. EJ's sacrificed and given up everything over and over for Sami, Will, Gabi. All he does is help and do her bidding and she throws him in jail for it. I hope Kristen schools her.

Edited by Artsda
Pop-Up Stefano's such a wannabe.

LMAO.

Maybe Sami and Kate suspect the jewelry the Dimera dimwits gave them is bugged?  It wouldn’t be the first time.

I really want Sami to kill Kristen when she returns, and get away with it.

• Love 1
(edited)

There was some real subtle acting going on in the scene between Eric and Theresa on Monday's show.  When Theresa was talking about people not being able to change who they are--even if they really want to, their true personality will always come out--was gorgeous to see.  We saw that Theresa was actually talking about herself and there was such a doomed quality to her voice and from Eric's expression, he realized it too.

Edited by kitmerlot1213
  • Love 3

With Sami now running it, couldn't expect any better. Her being CEO of anything is such a joke. 

They did have that large board room set for EJ and Abby. 

I can't wait until these current plot lines wrap up.  There is so much that is unwatchable to me right now. 

The worst of it is the Sami/Kate stuff.  Kate has absolutely no justification for "revenge" in this plan with Sami, that I can see.  She just wants to steal someone else's company for the $$$$.  That has no rootability factor for me.  At all.  Throw in the creepy revenge she's trying to exert over Jordan -- all because Rafe fell for her instead of Kate -- and I just cannot even stand Kate right now. 

Sami is almost as bad.  This whole revenge thing, over EJ's 2-night stand, is ridiculous  Sami should've just taken the kids and walked; not all this.  After all they've done to each other, EJ screwing Abby twice is so far down the list, that the revenge plan is far out of proportion for the 'crime'.  Sami whining to Kate today, that they were having problems, because of a lie?  She was talking about how she froze EJ out because he found out what Kristen did to Eric 5 minutes before Kristen's wedding?  That was a big overreaction too.  What Kristen did was evil, and EJ was an ass to taunt Eric about it, but, he didn't know what she was planning and he wasn't part of it.  He found out 5 minutes before everyone else did, and yet Sami freezes him out over that.  Again, so many other problems they've had between them, that his finding out about Kristen/Eric right before the blown-up wedding was a bad plot point to have Sami throw EJ out of her bed. 

Add to that the fact that EJ is acting like a moron, since he apparently has no clue what is going on.  And, then Nicole trying to worm her way into the middle of things, was very offputting today.  

Abby and her self-righteous victim routine through this whole storyline is beyond words.  The woman who threw herself at an engaged man and offered to be his mistress didn't give a care about Sami and her kids; but now suddenly she does?  About the only thing I am looking forward to is to see her getting some public comeuppance.  But, even then, I feel like she'll be Little Red Riding Hood and EJ the Big, Bad Wolf. 

All of it is stupid and unwatchable.

What's left?  I can't stand watching smug Rafe crowing about EJ and the trumped-up charges against him.  Especially when Rafe cheated on Jordan and she's none the wiser.  Meanwhile, Jordan is probably being set-upon by an abusive father because Rafe stuck his dick in Kate and she wants him to pick her over Jordan. 

The only thing worth watching for me, right now, is the Eve stuff, and some of Theresa by extension.  Although I've had more than enough of Theresa/Brady and Brady in general. 

Other than that, I'm hoping to see Stefano come back and go all scorched earth on Sami and Kate. 

I don't know if they're actively trying to make the vast majority of characters unrootable, or if they've just gotten lucky, but it worked for me. 

• Love 3
(edited)
Sami is almost as bad.  This whole revenge thing, over EJ's 2-night stand, is ridiculous  Sami should've just taken the kids and walked; not all this.

But she's so money and power hungry, she wouldn't leave EJ. Because it means giving up the power/money/job/house etc... She is all about what EJ can provide for her. 

EJ needs to dump her and her belongings out on the street.

I'd love if Kate is setting up Sami and I hope there's nobody there to save Sami since she put the person who does save her in jail.

Edited by Artsda
(edited)

STFU Nicole you desperate, pathetic freak. Go find some dignity.

STFU Abby talking about you feel bad for the kids. Where was this concern when you were doing the slip and slide on EJ's dick? Stupid troll.

STFU board members talking about how Sami isn't qualified because she's a woman. I doubt she is qualified to run Dimeria Enterprises but it's not because of her gender. 

I'm sad.  After today, I don't think Kate and Sami are working together.  I think Kate is setting Sami up.

If Kate is setting Sami up then she will be going right back on my shit list, right next to Abby. 

EJ needs to dump her and her belongings out on the street.

I hope Sami dumps EJ's belongings on the street right before someone murders him. 

Edited by LeftPhalange
  • Love 4
(edited)

Sami doesn't want EJ's money.  Sami has never cared about money.  She could have had EJ's money years ago if she had wanted it.  Sami doesn't need anyone (Rafe, EJ, etc.) to save her.  I hate the idea that Sami is a victim who needs rescuing.  Sami is a fighter and always has been.

Edited by TigerLynx
  • Love 5
(edited)

After all they've done to each other, EJ screwing Abby twice is so far down the list, that the revenge plan is far out of proportion for the 'crime'.

So much yes to this. The disproportionate amount of time and energy Sami's putting into Abby makes no sense. I don't remember her being this angry when EJ stole her kid. I still say that this revenge thing would be more satisfying it it were EJ and Nicole or Kate. Someone who's been a true adversary to Sami, not a pesky little fly. I take some pleasure in her taking EJ out, but I'm not optimistic that it will stick. She'll be declaring her love for him, for real, again, I'm sure. Even if it's on his deathbed, I don't want to see that.

I'm sad.  After today, I don't think Kate and Sami are working together.  I think Kate is setting Sami up.

I find that more believable than their sudden BFFness. I've liked seeing them work together, but it's not in character for either of them to do so. I wonder if the writers would do that to Sami, though? I'd think they'd want her to leave on a high note. It's not the way I'd go about mending fences, but I thought that's where they were going with these two. 

**hate the idea that Sami is a victim who needs rescuing.  Sami is a fighter and always has been.*** (sorry, can't get quotes to work!)

Except they've been writing her as incompetent and flaky since the Nick situation. Who knows what version of Sami they're going with now.

Edited by shesajar
(edited)

Everyone on this show is incompetent. I feel EJ shouldn't be this dumb, even though he's always been kind of dumb.

Then there's Brady...

It might not be just the infidelity that Sami is angry about -- it could also be those dumb speeches where EJ laid it on thick about the both of them telling the truth to each other after they somehow resolved the Eric/Kristen mess. I could see how that would tick her off -- EJ kept giving those stupid speeches without flinching. Then there was Brady and Eric telling her how EJ is going to screw up again, and her vehemently defending him. He might have been a better position if he had just admitted from the beginning that he had slept with Abigail  and actually said what the reason for doing so was (if he had a reason -- it's hard to tell from this show) -- I could be wrong about tomorrow, but I imagine Sami will mention being made a fool of, which no woman (or man) likes. At this point in time, Sami probably thinks EJ slept with Abigail because he thinks she's hot. That seemed to be the indication from her nightmare/fantasy.  

Edited by bantering
  • Love 3