Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

I'm no fan of Hope or Bo, but that was a nice episode chronicling their history. 

And it's always fun to see Hope's big 80s hair. LOL

Genie Francis was pretty much abused by General Hospital and ABC. The producers and that idiot Brian Frons belittled and insulted her. and then assassinated her character.  Yet Geary was permitted to be a total ass and take massive hiatuses from the show without repercussion. 

I may get in trouble for going off-topic, is it true that Genie Francis was in the hospital for a drug overdose and Gloria Monty,the producer at the time told her that nobody gave a damn about her and that Tony Geary was the star..If that is true, that is an awful thing to say to her...I have always felt that Tony Geary's egotism impeded the writers from carrying out their vision...

• Love 3

Another teary day my friends!  I thought it was wonderfully fitting that Steve and Kayla were the ones to find Hope with Bo--the four of them went on so many wonderful adventures together and they all deeply loved each other, so I liked that they were all together one last time.  I also loved Steve's stroking Hope's hair and then kissing Bo's forehead.  Those were gorgeously emotional scenes.

I like that Chase calls Hope "Mom" and that he wanted a new family with Ciara, Shawn D and their parents--I hope Chase finds out the truth about his dad, just so he can have some peace.

Note to Abs:  brevity is the soul of wit.  Next time you have the chance to text for help, be brief.  "Ben's a killer, at the cabin, send help."  One does not need to compose an epistle of epic proportions and putting KM's big "labor pains" in the same episode of KA's being distraught about Bo does not do KM any favors.

• Love 14

Who thought it would be a good idea to put the worthless Serial Killer/Trollop cheap on the same episode of Bo/Hope/Steve/Kayla? Is it wrong that I wanted the midwife to kill Serial Killer and flee the cabin while leaving that pregnant girl to fend for herself?

I still can't believe they killed off Bo after letting him spend less than 24 hours with his family. How foolish of me to think that they couldn't possibly be that ridiculous.

There is so much misery on this show.

• Love 13

Is there a reason no one can just roll the rug up and put it out for the trash? It's just a rug, not wall-to-wall carpet. Either that or buy a heavy duty stain remover. Setting the spot on fire is a bit bizarre. 

Abigail needs to learn better pain management skills. But as usual  she's more obsessed with the man she's currently lady-boning over than typing a quick, simple "SOS @ the cabin" to her entire contact list. What if Chad had lost his phone or the battery was dead? Seriously this girl needs to stop thinking with her lady bits.  

Edited to add: Trollop's Facebook status update for today:

Abigail Deveraux is feeling pained ;(

-at cabin (insert map location)

-with Ben

OMG he's the necktie killer! Send HELP!

Edited by Peanut6711
  • Love 7

Not a big Abby fan, but I was feeling bad for her situation.  That being said, I have no sympathy for just plain stupid.  Abby my dear, just text "Smith Island, Help" to Chad, he'll come running and find you.  Abby had the phone, was able to send a text and decided to compose a novel to Chad.  Of course she is interrupted by intense pain and exposes that she has the phone.  I can't.  I just shut it off after that,

The Bo scenes were breaking my heart. I admittedly shut it off half way through and will watch the DVR parts I want to see later.  Between the sadness of Bo and Abby's stupidity, I couldn't watch it real time anymore.  I kept hoping Bo would wake up but I realized it wasn't going to happen and gave up.

• Love 3

It's really sad.  And depressing.  But the acting and writing is so much better than anything I saw from summer 2014 to Sept 2015 that I can't complain.  These are sweeps-worthy shows.  And though obviously not a happy celebration for the 50th, it's still fitting that the Brady family is getting back to the centre of the show during the anniversary year.   I really hope they can keep up, not the sadness, but the level of story-telling in the months (and years) to come.

• Love 8

Trollop really is a damn idiot trying to text a novel to Chad. And selfish. After everything Chad has been through because of Ben, why couldn't she text someone else instead of expecting him to show up and take on a crazy serial killer again. She knows how well that worked out the first time.

• Love 4

WTF - If you were held captive in a cabin by a serial killer, would you text your thwarted lover or send a message to 911?  Better yet, just dial 911 and leave the phone, on the call, under the afghan so the dispatcher can hear what's going on.  

Not to mention, that must be some special island to have cell service available - I don't know many that do, and if they do, it's sketchy at best.

Same thing with the blood stain on the rug and Hope's wedding gown.  Highly unlikely either would happen in the real world.

Sometimes I get so frustrated at the way the writers write like we're totally stupid!! 

Edited by salvame
  • Love 5

Wait! I'm not watching. Ben has Abby in a cabin on Smith Island? Is this the cabin/shack that Will was shot in? 

Abi is stupid:

Txt: 911 Smith Island. Ben killer.

And most importantly: PRESS SEND YOU IDIOT

Edited by swtrgrl
  • Love 2

I'm honestly surprised she called out for mommy instead of Chad but the night is still young (literally in Salem).  At least she finally got off the wood chair by the end. I was starting to wonder if Ben super-glued her butt to it and if the kid would be born with splinters in his head. 

• Love 4

Kimberly and Shane should have been there. They are part of an era of supercouples in the show's history.  I loved  the juxtaposition of one love ending in Bo and Hope to the rekindling of another in Steve and Kayla..It reminded me of when Isabella died at the same time that Abigail was being born..Sherry Anderson who was the best writer of  the show said, it was deliberate on her part to show the correlation between life and death...

The current writers apparently are symbolizing death and life going on via that straggly tree that everyone kept trying to take root in the frozen soil. Today it might look like a Charlie Brown tree but next week it will be SORASed and flourishing.  Meanwhile the Arbor Day Society would like to remind all Salem residents to plant a tree in remembrance of a lost loved one who's died in that park.  You'll soon see a new forest set in that case. It's probably safer to walk alone on the riverfront these days than take a walk through the park. 

• Love 1

I feel and look like I got punched in the face after today's show. As much as Hope killed me it was Steve placing his jacket on Bo and laying there that had me full on sobbing :( I didn't think anything would top for me Frankie and Ryan on AW or Stone dying on GH until now ugh.

• Love 10

Abifail.......dial 9....1....1....! Leave phone on. Is it really that hard?

I was sad but holding it together until Steve/Bo scene with the jacket. After then, I lost it!

Once again, brilliant performances by PR, KA, SN, and MBE. This is what the younger actors should be striving for!

• Love 8

Steve had me crying when he was stroking Bo, kissed his head and draped his leather jacket over him. I was fine until then, I loved their brotherly relationship.   Kayla, Hope and Steve all draped over his body was gut wrenching to watch.

I don't know how Abby's phone works, but mine has an emergency button to press (which is so easy to press I randomly press it accidentally) and it goes straight to 9-1-1. Abby, PRESS THAT! Texting multiple sentences to Chad was just stupid. I get choosing him because he was on the top of the contacts since he last spoke to her, but not full sentences, text him help and a form of some other worlds "labor-kidnapped-cabin!" then press send! 

Ben's tantrum throwing the pot yelling that shouldn't Wendy be boiling something right now made me laugh out loud.

Edited by Artsda
  • Love 4

Seeing Steve with Bo today just broke my heart.  Without Bo there would be no Steve and Kayla since it was Bo and Steve that knew each other way back when and then Steve came to Salem to look up his old friend who had knifed out his eye.  The 1980's version of Bo and Steve you could occasionally see their friendship, but most of the time it was Bo trying to keep Steve from improving himself and then later Bo's only mission seemed to be to keep Steve and Kayla apart.  Then in the 1990's they were brothers-in-law and friends (even though it didn't last very long before SN left DOOL).   

I just can't with Abby/Kate Mansi.  Robert Scott Wilson is great. Ben is crazy, and IMO RSW is turning into not a great, but definitely a better, actor from where he was a few months ago.  Ben's craziness is wonderful.  But Abby just doesn't interest me at all.  I should care about her and the baby, but I really don't.  I know it won't happen, but I'm hoping she finds out the baby really is Ben's rather than Chad's.  

Kate Mansi should not have been in this episode with MBE, KA and SN (and PR)

• Love 10

I'll tell u what, that spoiler lied that Hope was going to slash out at Kayla/Steve, Im still looking for it. Lol.

It could be a wrong day posting, or a miscommunication because we all know Days shoots too far in advance for it to be a reshot scene. I suspected the scenario would prove wrong when Hope called Kayla rather than the police.

Seeing Steve with Bo today just broke my heart. Without Bo there would be no Steve and Kayla since it was Bo and Steve that knew each other way back when and then Steve came to Salem to look up his old friend who had knifed out his eye. The 1980's version of Bo and Steve you could occasionally see their friendship, but most of the time it was Bo trying to keep Steve from improving himself and then later Bo's only mission seemed to be to keep Steve and Kayla apart. Then in the 1990's they were brothers-in-law and friends (even though it didn't last very long before SN left DOOL).

I just can't with Abby/Kate Mansi. Robert Scott Wilson is great. Ben is crazy, and IMO RSW is turning into not a great, but definitely a better, actor from where he was a few months ago. Ben's craziness is wonderful. But Abby just doesn't interest me at all. I should care about her and the baby, but I really don't. I know it won't happen, but I'm hoping she finds out the baby really is Ben's rather than Chad's.

Kate Mansi should not have been in this episode with MBE, KA and SN (and PR)

Those early times were when Bo really got on my nerves, but there were moments, albeit too few and far between where you knew that Bo really cared about Steve and his issue with Steve were rooted in his own guilt over sleeping with Britta, the fight, which led to the eye loss and change in Steve's personality. I always thought his being okay with Steve's friendship with Hope reflected that. I fan wanked that his upset over the Steve/Kayla pairing was more about Kayla's ability to see the goodness in people if it existed (Bo, RomaJohn, Kimberly and Caroline always commented on this, in fact it was Kimberly's basis for supporting the relationship), again going back to his guilt over what happened. He wasn't in a place to accept Steve as being a basically good person because what would that say about him. F Steve was the villain, it made it easier for Bo to justify his wrongdoing. I always took solace in Bo basically telling Steve to watch out for Kayla when he and Hope left Salem, so by then, he was good with the relationship.

Yes with KM and RSW. It's too bad that an actor who has demonstrated ability will be sacrificed at the Abby alter, because she just brings nothing to the role. I wonder where Ben and Chad would be, were they not saddled with her. I too hope the baby is revealed to be Ben's but since we know that the Days will not allow the princess to be anything but absolved of all her sins and not be subjected to a Ben baby.

No, KM did not belong on the same episode with actors with actual talent as it does her no favors. I mean dead Bo delivered a better performance than KM did.

Edited by Happytobehere
  • Love 6

At this rate, Abby won't have the baby till Christmas Eve. C'mon! There other people who want to use that cabin for the holidays. So rude!!

Another DOOL and another downer episode. Jeez! This is downright depressing. That said, the acting (and, crying) from KA, MBE & SN was well done and sad.

And, I totally forgot that Sammi broke out of the DiMera jail. Did I fall asleep when this happened? How long ago was this? Why did they being back AS & PR if they weren't going to show them. The storytelling is so disjointed.

• Love 9

WTF - If you were held captive in a cabin by a serial killer, would you text your thwarted lover or send a message to 911?  Better yet, just dial 911 and leave the phone, on the call, under the afghan so the dispatcher can hear what's going on.  

Not to mention, that must be some special island to have cell service available - I don't know many that do, and if they do, it's sketchy at best.

Same thing with the blood stain on the rug and Hope's wedding gown.  Highly unlikely either would happen in the real world.

Sometimes I get so frustrated at the way the writers write like we're totally stupid!! 

Anyone see that movie "Sunshine Cleaning".  There are companies out there that come in and clean up crimes scenes.  I would think that Rafe would have their number on speed dial and would do this nice thing for Hope and her family.  And if not, he could have at least done it himself, or Jenn or Ciara could have done so all the times they were offering to make lunch for everyone or telling Hope to "snap out of it".

• Love 1

Anyone see that movie "Sunshine Cleaning". There are companies out there that come in and clean up crimes scenes. I would think that Rafe would have their number on speed dial and would do this nice thing for Hope and her family. And if not, he could have at least done it himself, or Jenn or Ciara could have done so all the times they were offering to make lunch for everyone or telling Hope to "snap out of it".

Hope will just redecorate once she gets in the right state of mind again lol. Or move.

• Love 1

At this rate, Abby won't have the baby till Christmas Eve. C'mon! There other people who want to use that cabin for the holidays. So rude!!

Another DOOL and another downer episode. Jeez! This is downright depressing. That said, the acting (and, crying) from KA, MBE & SN was well done and sad.

And, I totally forgot that Sammi broke out of the DiMera jail. Did I fall asleep when this happened? How long ago was this? Why did they being back AS & PR if they weren't going to show them. The storytelling is so disjointed.

Haha!  Great post.  And, something to smile about, which was certainly missing from this episode.

Not that I didn't appreciate the superb acting.  Once again, KA just ripped my heart out.  As did MBE and SN.  The gloom is pretty heavy these days, but I really do appreciate the talen we see on display, and all it is appropriate to the storyline.  PR wanted out, once and for all, and it's done.  We're going to be seeing a lot more strong performances around this, I know.  

But Good Lord, is this a record for the number of deaths/funerals in one short time period or what?

I may be in the minority, or maybe not, but I thought Chase and Ciara were both fine today.  This was, I think, his longest scene to date where he wasn't reacting to something, just talking, and I thought he was good.  Maybe not great yet, but watchable and connectable.  Ciara, too, was easier for me to take with her volume turned down.  

The cabin scenes are getting tough, mainly because I'm worried about that poor midwife.  Ben's got his crazy dialed high and whatshisname is doing a decent job with it.  And I'll even say that today, with her reactions, even Abigail wasn't totally awful.  

And that's as good as I'm going to be about her.

I'm disappointed with the Sami storyline, especially if this is it for now.  

• Love 4

Today was pretty depressing.  KA, MBE and SN were wonderful, though, and I did enjoy Marlena and John.  Marlena is fun when she gets to stand up to the Dimera clan.

Trollop really is a damn idiot trying to text a novel to Chad. And selfish. After everything Chad has been through because of Ben, why couldn't she text someone else instead of expecting him to show up and take on a crazy serial killer again. She knows how well that worked out the first time.

Abigail is such an idiot.  The only thing I feel for this character is disgust and boredom. 

Also, I never thought anyone could be as bad at playing labor pains as Alisha Minshew years ago on AMC, but KM certainly has her beat.  She's horrible.  Just horrible.

Why would you plant an oak tree in a raised bed?

And in November, no less.  I'll forgive a lot of stupid writing but stuff like this?  No. 

ETA:  I also enjoyed the kid playing Chase today.  He's the most natural of the new teen set IMO.

Edited by Kitty Redstone
  • Love 5

Also, I never thought anyone could be as bad at playing labor pains as Alisha Minshew years ago on AMC, but KM certainly has her beat.  She's horrible.  Just horrible.

Some memories just never fade, do they?  I can see Minshew now, chewing through scenery like she was an extra in Alien.

Almost as bad, remember when she "ate" that donut, havin a heart to hear with Greenlee?  Really just disassembled it in front of our eyes as if she was gutting a living Poppin' Fresh.

Has Abigail considered that Baby is coming early because even it wants to get away from her?

Edited by boes
  • Love 5

I'll tell u what, that spoiler lied that Hope was going to slash out at Kayla/Steve, Im still looking for it. Lol.

I think it was deleted and it made sense to do so. Unlike editing out Bo face timing  with his granddaughter Claire and Shawn-Douglas. Shawn-Douglas seeing his dad for the first time after his rescue or visiting Hope at the hospital after Aiden's attack..There are other scenes that were edited out and I cannot remember...

• Love 2

I'm having a really hard time watching so much sadness....people who are like friends....family...dying...suffering...grieving....being tortured & terrorized. The fact they expect us to believe that all this with Hope...wedding...murder attempt...Bo returning...joyous reunion for maybe 5 minutes then losing Bo all over again...within 24 hours??? It's all just too much. I don't find suffering & sadness entertaining. This show is all dark. No balance. Where is the celebrating for 50 years on daytime??

The actors are absolutely nailing all this...makes it even harder to watch....all sadness...no joy.There's enough of that already in the world....this is not an escape to love & romance in the afternoon....(Aiden & Hope were so cute before they turned him crazy/evil.)

I remember all the reasons I hate Higley being head writer. We've lost two young women. Now Will, Aiden & Bo. The last who could drive story for a long time. Shortsighted & lazy for a bump in the ratings.

Not sure I can do show anymore......makes me sad & mad cause I care about certain characters but I've had enough seeing them suffer all the time.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone...Happy 50th Days.....

• Love 8

I remember all the reasons I hate Higley being head writer. We've lost two young women. Now Will, Aiden & Bo. The last who could drive story for a long time. Shortsighted & lazy for a bump in the ratings.

I wouldn't put all the blame on Dena.  She's a hack no doubt, but Josh is also the co-writer and he's defintely a dark writer.  My only hope they both pull back from all the dark stuff once the necktie killer crap is over.  

Yet once again I did like the episodes paid great tribute to Bo.  Tomsell whether kept Bo the man who abandoned his family and made him into a deadbeat dad.  Least Josh and Dena did well at giving Bo a reason why he's been gone for sometime which will lead into more story for Hope.   Lastly Peter came back for the 50th.  He's been retired, living in Nashville with his wife and focusing being around his daughter who is deaf.  I think it was good the writers, producers and Peter worked together on his final exit story and give he and the character of Bo and the Bope pairing respectable closure.  

• Love 3

Another cryfest yesterday -- Steve just killed me when he laid down next to Bo. Hope and Kayla, too, of course. My eyes are even puffy this morning, for god's sake. And Caroline's grimace of understanding at the very end was tough to see. 

I liked the cabin scenes - KM is doing a good job lately. Not super, but a solid job. Thank god they finally let her out of that chair and on the floor, at least. Will Jennifer finally figure something's up when Abigail is AWOL on Thanksgiving? Speaking of, she's too smart for this and her maternal instincts ought to be firing on all cylinders now. There's so much going on in the show that they're unable to knit it together so that it makes sense for me. Even yesterday, the scenes with John, Andre, and Marlena were jarring amidst the grief and labor pains. 

But even after all the crying and the head shaking over things that don't make sense, I am really into the show these days. It's way too dark, but it's also soapy fun and I like the veil of film noir they have going on in the music and lighting. Let's just kick it back into balance soon, show, because I don't know how much longer I'll feel this way. 

• Love 4

No, KM did not belong on the same episode with actors with actual talent as it does her no favors. I mean dead Bo delivered a better performance than KM did.

They had to intermix her scenes/story with the anniversary hoopla and Bo's death because they knew those episodes would get a lot of people to tune in and they could say when she has a front burner dramatic story it got great ratings. Also those episodes are for sure going to be submitted for Emmys and she will be a part of that and collect defacto praise.

I still can't believe they killed off Bo after letting him spend less than 24 hours with his family. How foolish of me to think that they couldn't possibly be that ridiculous. .

I feel they wasted Bo's return with the captivity bullshit AND they fucked up AS/Sami limited time back with the EJ shit. I would have preferred Bo captive for a day then rebuilding his relationship with Hope then dying or dying in a heroic act. And Sami in a short lived Lumi reunion and possibly killing Stafano and Plastic Mannequin.

• Love 8

I feel they wasted Bo's return with the captivity bullshit AND they fucked up AS/Sami limited time back with the EJ shit. I would have preferred Bo captive for a day then rebuilding his relationship with Hope then dying or dying in a heroic act. And Sami in a short lived Lumi reunion and possibly killing Stafano and Plastic Mannequin.

I 100% agree. Bo needed more time with his family. He could have came back, tried to explain everything to Hope, she could have just said that she moved on, Bo thinking that something wasn't right started watching Hope's house, as soon as he heard the struggled he came in, and then he killed Aiden. Sami's son, her first born son, had died. Sami coming back in full on revenge mode would have been more true to her character.

• Love 3