Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

There were times when I thought BD could have benefited from another take and then I thought, you know, that's what grief really does look like. It's not polished, it's emotional and sometimes irrational, so I'm glad it played the way it did. 

Very well said. Seventeen years ago my 16 year old nephew died very suddenly from an enlarged heart, a condition no one even knew he had. Watching Lucas' reaction yesterday completely gutted me because it took me back to the exact reaction my brother had when his only child passed away with zero warning. Even Sami's shell-shocked expression at the end reminded me of pretty much the way my whole family looked when we got the news. 

• Love 7

For my money, the only good thing about Will's death is that it has brought out some of the best performances on this show that I've seen in years, especially from Deidre Hall, Freddie Smith, Kristian Alfonso, Camilla Banus, John Aniston, Galen Gering and especially Alison Sweeney & Bryan Datillo. All were brilliant, heartbreaking and devastating in their own ways.

As for Ben, while ITA that Ben is ultimately responsible for his crimes and should pay dearly for them, Abby's indecisiveness didn't help matters, to put it mildly. Instead of waiting for Ben to dump her, Abby should have broken up with him months ago. That may not have stopped Ben from killing, but at least it would've shown that Abby is capable of doing right by at least one of her men, past or present, for the right reasons.

Edited by DollEyes
  • Love 8

Hope's reaction when she first came into the apartment was really awful. KA was so bad and fake. Marlena, Lucas, Rafe, Abby and Gabi were so much better and realistic. 

The cops let the news leak to the press before the family even knew. That was pretty careless of them and they were waiting on Lucas to tell Sami.

Ben's really sociopath asking "Will's what?" to Abigail when she got the call and then throwing in "you mean Chad Dimera got to him?" What a psychopath he's using Abigail's pain to twist it to be all about Chad. He really is mentally unstable and unable to love and care about anyone. 

Chad sure had an instant epiphany there, he's smarter than the cops.

As for Ben, while ITA that Ben is ultimately responsible for his crimes and should pay dearly for them, Abby's indecisiveness didn't help matters, to put it mildly. Instead of waiting for Ben to dump her, Abby should have broken up with him months ago. That may not have stopped Ben from killing, but at least it would've shown that Abby is capable of doing right by at least one man for the right reasons.

Ben being a sociopath serial killer is NO way at all on any part on Abby. Indecisiveness by your partner makes nobody a serial killer. Being in a soap triangle is all over this show and every soap, so everyone of those triangles where one part is of the trio wants another but with someone else is responsible for the other person being a serial killer?  

Ben had issues long before he came to Salem, they've let us know that for awhile there's more to Ben that we were seeing. Ben being who he is on nobody but Ben. It's not even on his drug dealer father.

Edited by Artsda
  • Love 4

Artsda. your post above made me wonder if Jordan was aware of Ben's lunactic tendencies -- I remember her being very protective of him. If my theory has any weight, I'd love to know how Jordan reconciled having her unblanced brother in town and hooking up with her friend Abigail. (Truth? I never liked Jordan.)

• Love 1

Hope's reaction when she first came into the apartment was really awful. KA was so bad and fake. Marlena, Lucas, Rafe, Abby and Gabi were so much better and realistic. 

The cops let the news leak to the press before the family even knew. That was pretty careless of them and they were waiting on Lucas to tell Sami.

Ben's really sociopath asking "Will's what?" to Abigail when she got the call and then throwing in "you mean Chad Dimera got to him?" What a psychopath he's using Abigail's pain to twist it to be all about Chad. He really is mentally unstable and unable to love and care about anyone. 

Chad sure had an instant epiphany there, he's smarter than the cops.

Ben being a sociopath serial killer is NO way at all on any part on Abby. Indecisiveness by your partner makes nobody a serial killer. Being in a soap triangle is all over this show and every soap, so everyone of those triangles where one part is of the trio wants another but with someone else is responsible for the other person being a serial killer?  

Ben had issues long before he came to Salem, they've let us know that for awhile there's more to Ben that we were seeing. Ben being who he is on nobody but Ben. It's not even on his drug dealer father.

Abigail's affair and lies can be a stresser that pushed Ben to do what he  has done..I used to love Criminal minds before it got too gruesome, they always said that at times a stressful situation can be the impetus for a serial killer to go on a rampage.. I am not blaming Abigail for Ben's actions, but it  is a factor...

• Love 1

I can't buy into whatever character profile they're pitching to us regarding Ben. He's just been too wooden for too long. I'm watching more for everyone's reactions.

That said, Clyde definitely plays a role in who Ben has become. How could he not?

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Love 3

I keep drawing parallels from this Will situation back to Georgie on GH.  They did a similar thing to what they did with Sonny yesterday, with Dillon sweeping back into town determined to get back together only to find out she was dead.  And mom Felicia, too, had to sweep in from out of town like Sami did.  Weird.

I guess we didn't have to watch the serial killer having sex while the body was being discovered and people were finding out.  But then again, that serial killer turned out to be some random who the audience thought was dead.  Gawd I hated that story.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 4

I still can't believe that Serial Killer has been pushed over the edge to the point where he has to start killing people all over Abifail. I mean, really, you're murdering people because of Trollop. Really? Really? What a lame ass excuse. 

• Love 9

Well, those were some pretty depressing episodes to watch.

Did Ben seriously do all of this just to keep Abigail? I don't think the serial killer storyline is dumb in and of itself, but if keeping Abigail is Ben's sole motivation for killing, I feel that's....lame. No one is worth this, especially not Abigail! Geez, even EJ didn't go this far for Sami. So stupid. Shaking my head.

Edited by bantering
  • Love 3

Some of us may think that is lame..A psychopath has no good reason to kill people...Ben has always fixated on Abigail, even with the original actor..Plus, he  has an abusive background..I wish that Jordan was here..She is needed to give us some more insight into Ben's past...

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 1

I think it's the fact that Ben suddenly turned into a serial killer (and over Abigail) that makes the storyline especially weird.

A psychopath generally has no good reason for killing people, but there are usually hints the person will go on a killing spree (i.e killing animals before starting in on humans). With Ben, there was no real hint he could turn psycho, except for some violent tendencies of punching people (which other people on this show have similarly exhibited so it's hard to see that as a red flag, since I would have just assumed he was throwing the usual Salem temper-tantrum). To turn psycho simply because of Abigail is what I find strange -- I feel that he would have been "practicing" doing harm before he met Abigail. 

Maybe it will come out that he did stuff like this regarding other ex-girlfirends, though how he never got caught with his sloppy way of killing would be a huge gap the writers would have to explain.

Edited by bantering
  • Love 1

Perhaps he did do those things when he was a child and Jordan did not get him any help...Sometimes we see what we want to see about someone that we love...What  if He killed his mother and Jordan covered it up....

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 3

His goal all along has clearly been framing Chad, which took some planning and forethought.  It doesn't really read like a "...and then he just SNAPPED" situation.

True. Which makes all of this even lamer!!!! WTF. And all over Abigail. Double-lame. No, make that triple lame. Actually, there are not enough lames in the world to explain the stupidity of all of this.

Edited by bantering
  • Love 4

True. Which makes all of this even lamer!!!! WTF. And all over Abigail. Double-lame. No, make that triple lame. Actually, there are not enough lames in the world to explain the stupidity of all of this.

This can not be stressed enough. Abifail. Trollop. Some girl that he dated for like a year. Some girl that has shown no qualms about cheating on him, running to her sidepiece every chance she gets, and repeatedly telling bold face lies to his face. It's unfortunate that he has so little self respect that he feels Abistale is the best he can do and will go to any lengths to keep her. 

• Love 5

I know Days of our lives don't like to have their set couples have children with other people, look at how they retcon Zack's paternity to make Bo his dad, when Bo and Hope had not been together in over a year,when he was conceived...It would be cool if Abigail was pregnant with Ben's child...That would be an obstacle for Chabby to overcome..Could they love Ben's child? Plus, with Abigail's own history with mental illness in her family. That would be an added problem to the situation.. Given all the trauma that Ben has caused the people in Salem? Would they tell the child the truth about his origins? So far, I have not really seen any real problem keeping chad and Abigail from being together..That is what I find unbelievable about this whole storyline...It is not 1950's, there is no reason why she has to be with her child's father to co-parent that child..Plus she is so young, if she did not want Ben's child, she does have options..Days would never go there..

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 1

So Sami did get to Salem from California in record time? Did she fly via a spaceship?  I was pleased though to see they tied her reappearance with where she left off last time she was on screen and the mention of the kids in counseling over losing their father. I also liked the way she brushed off Marlena's offer to come help. Marlena, by and far, has not been the most supportive mother to her, I can see why she's not jumping to have her interfere. 

I still can't believe that Serial Killer has been pushed over the edge to the point where he has to start killing people all over Abifail. I mean, really, you're murdering people because of Trollop. Really? Really? What a lame ass excuse. 

Agree. So lame and such a let down 50th storyline. The show should have brought back the vets and celebrated the great stories of the past, not created a serial killer storyline that propped certain characters and featured a killer with little significance to the town/show.

Did Ben seriously do all of this just to keep Abigail? I don't think the serial killer storyline is dumb in and of itself, but if keeping Abigail is Ben's sole motivation for killing, I feel that's....lame. No one is worth this, especially not Abigail! Geez, even EJ didn't go this far for Sami. So stupid. Shaking my head.

And typically if said killer started to realize he was losing her would probably then kill her! This would only be truly interesting if his final victim was her.  It would make the most sense if he followed the mantra that if he can't have her then no one else will. 

Edited by Peanut6711
  • Love 3

Well, she's also (allegedly) having his child.

I'm tired of people acting like they have to be in a relationship with the father/mother of their child. Looking at you Abifail, Serial Killer, Theresa. Serial Killer could have raised his stupid baby with her without being married to her. 

I find it very unrealistic that Abifail didn't even at least consider having an abortion. I know they would never let precious Abifail have an abortion but in 2015 someone in her position would've at least thought about it. 

• Love 1

Victim blaming, even victims who are otherwise horrible people, bums me out.

None of this is on Abigail, it's not even on Kate, who brought the whole damned Clampett family to town. It's on Ben.

So is Clyde gone? Was he already extradited? I've lost track of what Salem day it even is, so I don't even know how long ago that happened. I'm assuming whatever murder he was wanted for there was actually committed by Ben, not that it would absolve Clyde of his other awfulness, but it's something that could be revealed as time goes on.

• Love 3

Wow!! Night and day -- yesterday's acting/show vs today's acting/show....

Everything seemed to flow so much better today.  The fight scene between Chad and Ben was perfect.  Even Lucas' grief seemed more believable. 

I was wondering if some of the people  posting here are seeing episodes a day in advance, because Sami was on 5 seconds yesterday, and I couldn't figure out why there were so many posts expounding on her performance. Today's show?  I could definitely see it!

But when Aiden looked at Hope's photograph as he was contemplating (for a nanosecond) killing her for her insurance money....that picture of her was hilarious!  She looked like a loon!

• Love 1

None of this is on Abigail, it's not even on Kate, who brought the whole damned Clampett family to town. It's on Ben.

How is Abifail a victim? Besides the phone app Serial Killer hasn't done anything to her. WIll, Chad, Paige, and Serena are the victims. 

I wonder what excuse the writers will come up with to prevent Stefano from having Serial Killer murdered for putting his son in a coma. 

• Love 1

I know that it's a pretty recent event, but Sami not knowing anything about John moving back in with her mother speaks volumes about her relationship with Marlena. If she wants to play Mom now that her daughter is in serious pain, I can't help but see the exact same guilt Lucas demonstrated throughout the episode over the crappy parenting he dished out.

And boy, you guys weren't kidding about this new head writer loving Rafe! There is Lucas crying in the corner over his dead son and Sami is thanking Rafe at length for the next-to-nothing he has done. Can we keep the scene focused on the important characters please? This has little to do with Rafe - Will was not his son!

I have to admit, now that Will is dead I don't miss him at all. It's far more interesting seeing Sami, Lucas, John and Marlena reflect on how their lousy parenting has trickled down over the years and negatively impacted their children.

The blood during the fight between Ben and Chad was excessive. I don't think I've ever seen that much blood on a daytime soap, not even during a surgery scene. Ben is really screwed now that the cops will be going over his apartment with a fine-toothed comb. They're definitely going to find out about him murdering Will. Not that I care - the actor continues to suck. He clearly got this gig for his looks.

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Love 4

Another great episode, FANTASTIC production, music, direction, acting all around. Noel Maxam and Albert Alarr have really turned this show around in a month.

I would love to see a fall off wagon story for Lucas - plenty of material and story lines there. And it would be the ideal reason for Allie to come back, and even give Lumi some story. BUT, I doubt any of that will happen. If I was writing the show,I  would have Adrienne tell Lucas that she wants to have a relationship with him only to have him start to drink and she sees a very dark and nasty side of Lucas that she just doesn't like. Have her deal with that and his reaction to his son's death....and frankly I think it'll work IF Sami isn't in town but then she returns down the road and realizes that something is terribly wrong....Have Adrienne not pick up the fact that LUcas is drinking for MONTHS....I'm talking about this story going for a long time 6 to 9 months with Sami returning for a week or two toward the end of the story's run....Lucas's drinking could bring up memories of Adrienne's tortured childhood with her parents Duke and Jo..It is what made Jo give up Steve and Jack to the orphanage all those years ago. She did that protect them from Duke's rages. Why don't these writers use history to give us compelling drama..

I just want to Lucas front and center....Bryan is such a gem and I hate that he has  been sidelined for so many years for the pet du jour of different writing regimes.....Lumi played it perfectly...So many layers were under the surface...I know that they felt that they let Will down, like they have always done all his life..They even mentioned Horton the tiger...These writers are not playing with the history...Where the hell are Kate and Roman in all of this..Their absence is glaring...

Wow! they truly turned Aiden into a a smarmy vermin....It is awful, not to mention lazy writing on the part of the new regime..

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 2

Rob Wilson was really good during the confrontation with Chad. You could see him be stone cold murderer in his acting and just his face.  However his story to Rafe makes no sense, if it was all about him and Abigail killing the other 3 is for what? How does that affect Ben and Abigail? Rafe looked like he finally was putting the pieces of Ben being not what he seems together. With the apartment now a crime scene, perhaps they find evidence pointing to the fact Will was murdered there.

Where was Roman today? He's the head of the police force isn't he? His grandson is murdered and everyone in town knows already and he's missing in action?

I guess when Chad wakes up he'll probably be missing some memories. 

• Love 1

Good show again today.  I thought there might have been some flashbacks when Sami and Lucas were remembering Will being young, but I suppose them standing over his body wasn't really the time or place.

I know she is in shock, but I don't recognize this Sami at all.  Maybe I was gone too many years that I've forgotten what she is like.  And I as mentioned yesterday, I only associate her as the mother of the young kids from last summer, not Will's mother.

Really hate what they're doing to Aiden.  Hope when this is finally over it turns out he really did kill his wife, which would at least explain how he's capable of these actions.

Maybe so many good actors are losing their jobs in part because their salaries are higher than the less experienced ones and they are desperate to save money.  

It's gonna be creepy to find out you are engaged to serial killer and also when it dawns on her that she was having sex with that serial killer soon after he murdered Will.  I don't like or dislike Abigail, I just find the actress not up to the task and not sure why she has gotten such a plum role - 

Beyond there being a "trigger" it's just really not something that all of sudden pops out - yes, some serial killers are very prolific, lead very ordinary lives, have families, regular jobs but when they are busted, all sorts of stuff usually begins to be learned about their life and background - 

I'm still a bit pissy that Ben being the serial killer was supposed to "shocking" - he was up there in my top two: him and his psycho dad.  What's so shocking?  

• Love 6

You are absolutely right. In real life I would never blame a victim.  But FWIW I don't see Ab as a victim but pretty sure  that's how she'll paint herself as will others somehow.

Soaps though are different than real life (oh thank heavens, huh?). We get to see things leading up to  the murders that normally we wouldn't...like Ab's uncertainty about who she really cares about - Chad or Ben. We saw that Ben knew this and was very upset over her lies. (Life would be so much simpler if people could just be honest, right?) It is unfair to lay all the blame at Abigail or Kate's feet but their actions certainly helped set in motion events that lead to Ben's unstable mentality. There is very rarely just one cause for anything...usually multiple reasons and as viewers we were able to see those reasons foreshadowed pretty clearly. I'm not excusing Ben but there were definitely things in play that flipped him over the edge. Still, he made the decision to kill.

But hey,utimately all the blame is on the writers, right?! They play God with all those poor peoples' lives in Salem. ;-)

• Love 5

Let the poor put upon victim of AbiFail commence. Poor you with a killer and Chad trying to play hero to save you from Killer Chucky Doll.

Always a delight to see Sami in scenes with Lucas. You can just see revenge forming in Sami's head by her facial expressions. When she finds out it's Ken Doll she and Kate should team up and kill him. I know Kate won't hesitate to poison the brownies. I would be like Yawn quit touching my knee, it's not a comforting touch.

Another thing I need explained, why did Chucky Doll kill Serena & Paige? What did they do? Or has that been explained yet?

• Love 3
maybe they wanted Guy there at the wedding so they could intentionally flashback to the ceremony once Will was dead a year or so later. Then I remembered that this murder was part of the new regime and their plan.
Freddie said on AfterBuzz Sunday that he understood why the Chandler/Guy switch happened early/so fast: they wanted the proposal and the wedding to have the same actors or it would have been even more jarring to the audience to have him propose to Chandler then marry Guy.

(paraphrasing)

• Love 1

It has been a while since I posted in the discussion thread. Friday and Monday episodes have been just Wow! I'm sorry but Will went out badly. It really should be harder to strangle a man than that but I think the gist of it was that he threw Will down; Will hit his head against the fridge making him semi-conscious and making him easier to choke out? But still. It is like Ben hardly broke out in a sweat. Such a bitch ass way to go out without a fight. The opening scene where Sonny was listening happily to Will's voice message while Gabby and later Rafe hovered over Will's lifeless body was really excellently done. I love to see interweaving on the show done like that. It just brings a poignancy and emphasizes the lose and what could have been.

I thought the reactions were pretty well done with BD's standing out the most. I like BD, however, I never thought he was the strongest actor but when he was at the door of Will's apartment and knew in his gut something was wrong and was asking why Hope wasn't saying anything - he got me.   I feel cheated that we didn't get to see Lucas telling Sami though. I think that is a major - huge reveal and should have been shown on-screen. Something about Hope telling Victor and Maggie at the hospital felt a little off to me. 

I think the killing of Will is the writers first major misstep. MAJOR! I co-sign everything that is being said in this thread. The actor was problematic to put it mildly, but the character could have and should have been salvaged. I thought the phone call to Sonny was a step in the right direction but of course that was just false hope and fodder to have Sonny being all hopeful about getting his marriage back and than be devastated by the news of Will's death and do the soap patented slow fall down the wall in despair, which he literally did! 

Robert Scott Wilson (Ben, who in real life even kinda has the name of a serial killer LOL) is surprising me with how well he is doing with this heavy material. If you would have told me a year ago that the mannequin would be able to successfully pull off creepy serial killer I would have laughed in your face.  Never thought in a million years he'd be pulling this off. I still don't like that he is the serial killer though. This is just the shows way of making the unpalatable seem more edible by comparison. Being a serial killer is worse than being well.. a woman of loose moral character. Abby's transgressions will be washed away. She will half-heartedly try to blame herself and the town will tell herself not to beat herself up about it because it isn't her fault and 3 months down the road, she will have fully embraced her victim status by claiming to have been manipulated, seduced, conned, etc. James Scott will come back or they will have recast EJ or some new hottie and she will be like a weevil in heat and cheating on Chad. Rinse and repeat. 

Overall I am liking the pacing and the lighting for the serial killer story but they need to lighten it up elsewhere. 

The one little detail that takes me out of the show every time? That damn glowing red light outside Ben and Abby's apartment. Its kinda personal because I can only sleep in damn near total darkness. Mr. Islandgal calls me a vampire. Ben and Abby were in bed the last episode and they don't even put the shade down. How the hell can a person even sleep with that light in their room. The room just has this weird red circle of hell glow to it. No wonder Ben lost his shit! Kinda makes me think of the Seinfeld episode where a Kenny Rogers Roasters chicken restaurant opens across the street from Jerry's apartment building, complete with a gigantic red neon chicken atop the roof and beams right into Kramer's apartment.

If Abby recently had a health scare with her pregnancy shouldn't she be resting and abstaining from sex for a bit?

Ain't gonna lie, I was surprised that Abby didn't show up at the Dimera Mansion after she left Ben. Isn't that what she normally does? But whose idea was it for 2 women and a toddler to meet at night in a park where felonies are committed on the regular with a strangler on the loose?

I don't even really remember Abby's reaction to Will's death. Did she even cry?

How old is John? Is this parent search expected to end anywhere other than a grave site? 

Edited by islandgal140
  • Love 7
I'm still a bit pissy that Ben being the serial killer was supposed to "shocking" - he was up there in my top two: him and his psycho dad.  What's so shocking?  

Me too. I liked it better before we know who it was, when I suspected either Eric or Rafe, both of whom would have been more "shocking" than Ben or his father.

• Love 1

His goal all along has clearly been framing Chad, which took some planning and forethought.  It doesn't really read like a "...and then he just SNAPPED" situation.

Why does he have to frame Chad, by killing other people, instead of just killing Chad?

• Love 7

Pretty good show today. I don't love Rafe, but I can stomach him so much better now that he's being written with a few extra brain cells to rub together.

The Gabi actress has impressed me the last couple of Days.

Also, it's just refreshing that the writing is allowing for characters to question the assumption that Chad is guilty of these murders. I mean the circumstantial evidence is mounting, but they are making a point of giving people doubt still.

• Love 3

I was re-watching Will's birth the other day and I was pleasantly surprised to see Stefano at the hospital awaiting the birth of Marlena's first grandson..Something about the way that Stefano dismissed Celeste and her ramblings, just so that he can catch a glimpse of Marlena just cracked me up...The way that he said that he did not want to leave the hospital, he was so happy about the birth..I don't even think that Roman was as excited as he was...Joseph Mascolo has such screen presence, he was so  captivating...I miss Celeste...What a complex character!

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 1

Why does he have to frame Chad, by killing other people, instead of just killing Chad?

This has irritated me too - I think it even bothers Ben, subconsciously, because in his nightmare Chad yelled at him for killing "innocent people."

But I think it's because Ben's real goal is to crush Abifail's love for Chad. If he just murdered Chad, Abifail would stick him up on a pedestal and mourn him forever as her great lost love. If Ben just left Salem with Abifail, then he'd always have to wonder about whether Abifail is longing to be back in Salem with Chad. But if Chad is revealed to be a psychopathic killer, then Ben doesn't expect that Abifail would still love him.

• Love 7

As much as I hate what they've done with Will, Show had me riveted today.  I never cry when someone dies on this show - other than Alice Horton - and Lucas and Sami in the morgue just killed me.

Kudos to Ali Sweeney.  She's all over the portrayal of what Sami in shock is like.  Good acting job and I realized that I do miss her being on the show.  Sami and Lucas have such great chemistry together.

• Love 4

When they announced there will be a serial killer story it would have been nice or refreshing if it was a Dexter - style one to X out all the pieces of trash cluttering up Salem. However, that's not the case yet some good is coming out of this. The performances have been a slam dunk. BD/Lucas, AS/Sami, BF/Chad, CB/Gabi, RSW/Ben, DH/Marlena are nailing the material.

Today was very moving. The only weak link to me, was Kate Mansi/Abigail who in her scenes with Gabi and Ben brought nothing but blandness and dull surprise. She continues to be the human embodiment of a low sodium Saltine.

It was nerve wracking seeing Lucas' anguish and very barely controlled hysteria. And Sami's complete shock, confusion, regret, and bargaining. The connection and LOVE between Lumi was still there and all that kept either from suffering a breakdown. Lucas wanted to snap and is close to but also extremely concerned about Sami. It was so damn touching how worried e is about her and when he said he was going to make a list of all the happy times he, Sami, and Will had for her. They were so authentic, realistic and heartbreaking. All I could think was thank God they have each other and its not over, it never was over.

Ben and Chads confrontation was fire. RSW/Ben was a deranged animal. He literally looked like a monster in his face and attack. BF/Chad did awesome too.

The flashing lights from the apartment window is from Hitchcock to show/mimic distress and insanity I think he did this Frenzy and Vertigo.

Abby was way too interested in Ben and indifferent to Chad for my taste when she discovered them. What a dick. She doesn't even love Ben and Chad's on the verge of dying. Get a clue or a heart whichever.

• Love 5

Last night I power-FFd through 2 weeks of DAYS. Kassie absolutely killed me. I lost my dearest friend this spring, and I found Eve's grief in some scenes too raw to watch. That desperation about facing the first night alone after a loved one's death was very true. Very pissed that we didn't see Theresa find out, or Eve on the phone to Shane, though. Lots of missed opportunties, but what they did was good.

A little underwhelmed by A Martinez thus far, and I hate hate hate whatever that is supposed to be on his chin. But very interested in the backstory of a man who "never wanted a family" and, nevertheless, had TWO OF THEM. That's an unusual character type for soaps to explore, and it could be very interesting. KdP shone in her scenes with him, giving Eve an anger that lit her with an inner glow.

Signing on to the "everyone except for Victor stop calling her Carolyn, goddamnit" movement. My mom's name is Carolyn, and she hates it when people screw it up. Oh, and Maggie? SHUT THE FUCK UP. Finding out that her friend Caroline does not have Alzheimer's but rather a mystery illness should not have been an "all about me" moment. "Who else knew? Why diidn't you tell MEEEEE?" Because it wasn't any of your business, you harpy!!! When are you going to learn that Victor doesn't share information freely?

• Love 5

Well, those were some pretty depressing episodes to watch.

Sami was just an ordinary girl while abifail is a queen.

I get the impression that Hope and Rafe are not convinced about Ben's story. Proving that Chad was already unconscious at the time his skull fracture occurred would be one way. That would rest in the hands of the hospital to medically prove that though. Ben's entire explanation for Chad murdering Serena, Paige, and Will was idiotic to say the least. He should have came up with a better one than that.

Sami and Lucas.......what can I say? I'll just let the look in AS's eyes at the end of today's episode do all of the talking.

Aiden has been ruined......for no good reason either. Having him even thinking about killing Hope for insurance money is a punch in the face to Haiden fans. I just want this done and over with! Kill Aiden, arrest Aiden, let him be held hostage never to be heard from again. Something!

ATTENTION..... Roman Brady and Kate Roberts! I regret to inform you that your grandson William Horton was tragically murdered tonight. He was the 3rd victim of the individual that we have named "The Necktie Killer". His body was discovered by his baby mama, Gabi Hernandez in their apartment. Will's parents, Sami (who flew in from out of state) and Lucas (who was called to the crime scene) as well as grandmother Marlena Evans and off again and on again step grandfather John Black have already been at the police station and are now at home. Please feel free to grieve off screen as your grief does not seem important to the plot!

• Love 12

Kate should have already had scenes with Lucas and Sami.  Sami and Kate, twisted as it is, have more of a mother/daughter bond than Sami/Marlena.

I wish Sami was returning for the 50th just to check on some business she has with Kate.  Sami walks into the Basic Black building and Theresa and Nicole are arguing about who Kate is harder on when it comes to work.  Sami says, "Oh please, quit whining, Kate sent me to death row once."  Then Sami and Kate go out to lunch to meet up with Will and Ari because that's just how Kate and Sami roll.

I think it's foolish to kill off legacy characters like Will, Nick and Paige for several reasons, not the least of which, is the fact that legacy characters have a built in history that can be used for future SLs for years, especially if done right.  If the writers are going to do something like having a legacy character that has been on the show for years, murdered by a serial killer, then the writing for the SL should be excellent, and it should drive other SLs for a long time.

I also believe it's foolish to bring on new characters, and either shove them down our throats, or have them spinning their wheels for months doing nothing, and then writing them off.  Soaps need new blood to keep the SLs from getting redundant.  At one time, Marlena Evans was a new character.  The Brady family (Roman, Bo, Kayla, Kim, etc.), the Dimeras, and the Kiriakis' did not exist.  Steve/Patch was originally a bad guy, but SN's popularity had the writers retooling the character and the SL so Patch/Kayla became one of the super couples of the 80s.

If they wanted to do a serial killer SL again, and they wanted Ben to be the killer, it should have gone like this.  As other posters have suggested, Will was digging into what was going on.  After having screwed up his marriage to Sonny, and hurting his journalism career, Will was trying to get his act together, and salvage what he could.  Ben puts Will in a coma.  Sami, Kate, and Lucas know Chad didn't do it.  They start suspecting Clyde and Ben.  Clyde tries to kill Sami and Kate, and Sami shoots him.  Ben saw everything, and backs up Sami and Kate's story.  Sami takes a comatose Will back to California to see specialists there.  Gabi can reference that she or Sonny have been taking Ari out to see Coma Will, Sami and Allie, Johnny, and Sydney.  That leaves the possibility for Sonny and Will to return at some point.

Ben in the meanwhile has gotten away with murder.  This would have been the stressor that sent Ben, who had problems in the past with violence, over the edge.  Slappy found out she was pregnant, and had an abortion.  I don't know why soaps are willing to have criminals of all kinds (murderers, rapists, attempted murderers, wife abusers, pedophiles) as viable love interests, but refuse to allow any woman to even think about the possibility of having a legal abortion as an option.  The boring twit could have reunited with Ben while praising herself for making the safe/right choice.  The audience would know the truth, and would be waiting for Will to come out of the coma.

Edited by TigerLynx
  • Love 6