Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

(edited)

I think Abigail could even assert herself with Sami too. She could simply tell Sami she doesn't want to do it. What is Sami going to do -- put her in the river??? Sami has hit her limit for the decade -- I'm sure Abigail is safe this time.

I don't know if I would feel sympathy for Abigail anyway, but I really can't feel anything for her if she's going to not assert some control over what's going on. She's able to tell every guy off about their alleged misdeeds and photo-shop her friends into pictures of her boyfriends, but she can't tell Sami that she has no desire to plan a wedding? Just because Sami is pushy doesn't mean it's impossible to say no to her.

Edited to add:

BTW, what did Rafe think he was saving Carrie from? Austin's hair???

Edited by bantering
  • Love 1
(edited)

That whole scene of Sami pleading with Abby to be the wedding planner was so contrived. If Sami doesn't know and that wasn't part of her plan then the writing on this show is going down hill faster than I thought. Not even going to touch on how ridiculous it was that they wouldn't hire a professional one or that Abby would know what the hell she was even doing, especially on such short notice.  I mean seriously, Abby is Jen's PR assistant at the hospital--how does that possibly make her qualified to be a wedding planner as Sami tried to convince her?  Now Sami has had enough wedding that I might get someone trying to enlist her help with wedding details but Abby can't even coordinate her own birth control. 

If Sami can be CEO or whatever she suppose to be over a multimillion dollar major corporation without having so much as a high diploma, then I don't think it's to hard to suspend belief  that Abigail could have some experience in wedding planning. LOL. 

Edited by Sidney
  • Love 1
(edited)

The weird thing is that Sami gave Abigail the room to make an excuse to get out of wedding planning. Sami wasn't even being pushy by her usual standards. But Abigail didn't take the "out" Sami was giving her. Sami said she didn't want to impose and mentioned that maybe Abigail might not be interested. At that point Abigail should have yelped, "You're right, Sami, I'm not interested!"

Edited by bantering

So that would have been about the same time or right after they filmed all the EJabby sex....hmmm. Guess JS saw his daytime future with KM and didn't like it any better than most of the viewers. 

So, JS left the show because he doesn't want to work with KM. Wow. Here I thought the man probably wanted to move on to something else like so many other actors have done for years. But I guess JS is an exception to the rule. It he can't work with AS, then he's out the door.

I read that AS scheduled a meeting with Corday to let him know, I guess I assumed that happened last fall. But I thought JS's decision was rather sudden.  I don't think we heard about his departure until his last day of filming.  Of course, that doesn't mean he didn't put in notice earlier, but if you have any details on it I would be interested because I really don't follow all the news.

JS and AS both let Corday, TIIC, and the writers know in January 2013, they would not be renewing their contracts.  AS contract ended December 2013, and they asked her to stay through May 2014.  TPTB agreed to let AS announce her departure.  Supposedly, they kept JS departure secret to try and add suspense {face palm}.  They tape to far in advance to keep everything under wraps.  There were a lot of rumors floating around for months that JS and AS were leaving before it was ever confirmed.

There have also been a lot of rumors that Corday, the Network, and the writers disagree about the direction certain SLs should go.  Supposedly, the Network ordered EJ/Sami to be paired as a couple, while Corday didn't want that to ever happen.  Corday did say he wanted EJ to completely betray Sami's trust and break her heart, and that you couldn't cheat on your fiancée without paying the piper.  Corday seems to have a lot of contempt for the fans.  He reminds me of Guza and Brad Bell.  I'm not sure why these guys are in this business when they have so much dislike for the genre.  I've gotten the impression that this SL was Corday's FU to the Ejami fans and maybe the Network as well.

• Love 1
(edited)

If Corday wanted EJ to break Sami's heart, couldn't he have at least made it entertaining? Where is this storyline even going?

I'm not averse to other people's visions if they can sell it, but I'm not even sure if they want me to buy what they're selling.

If everyone on this show is going to randomly sleep with each other, maybe Sami could hook up with Nu-Ben next.

Edited by bantering
  • Love 1

So, JS left the show because he doesn't want to work with KM. Wow. Here I thought the man probably wanted to move on to something else like so many other actors have done for years. But I guess JS is an exception to the rule. It he can't work with AS, then he's out the door.

I don't think it's a reach to suggest that AS's departure influenced JS's decision to leave. He was probably already thinking about leaving and AS's departure just sealed the deal for him. Sami is probably the character EJ has spent the most time interacting with and most of his stories have involved her in some way. Now she's leaving. The writing is already bad enough for EJ as it is, who knows what would happen once the person he's been anchored to for eight years leaves. And on top of that it looked like irrelevant Abby was going to be his new love interest. Sami is a popular character, a member of a core legacy family, and a veteran in her own right. She's been front burner for years and AS is the de facto leading lady of the show. Love 'em or hate 'em, EJ/Sami are a popular pairing and are very polarizing. To go from that to Abby is a major downgrade.

• Love 6

JS has considered leaving before.  In 2011, there were several months were he was working without a contract.  I think AS wants a lighter schedule, but she wants to return for visits.  JS seems to be extremely happy to have left Days, and I won't be surprised if he never returns.

(edited)

JS probably wanted some consistency in the writing and in the characterization. I don't think he has anything against KM, but most likely felt it was inconsistent for EJ to fall for Abby when he was with Sami, and I would assume he  feared his character being pulled in a direction that doesn't resonate for him since he seems to prefer playing dark and evil, which he's been allowed to do with Sami. He also didn't seem to like the Taylor storyline much and the Abby storyline seemed to be a redux of that one, except with lots of open-mouthed sex faces and weird music. Maybe he was also hoping his character had finally learned to use birth control. I'm just speculating, of course.

Edited by bantering
  • Love 4

JS didn't like the SL, and said as much.  He also diplomatically said once it became clear the SL was about Sami/EJ he liked it better.  JS didn't like EJ losing to Stefano again either.  JS has done very few interviews, however, he always maintained that Sami is the love of EJ's life, and everything is all about Sami for EJ.  I've gotten the impression he didn't like the direction his character was going in, and he is thrilled to no longer be on Days.  I can see how it would be tiresome being expected to be a villain who always has to go to daddy to save him.  EJ ends up looking pathetic and incompetent having to constantly go to Stefano for help, and then they trash the EJ/Sami pairing which is a pairing JS wanted for a long time.

• Love 4

BTW, what did Rafe think he was saving Carrie from? Austin's hair???

LOL!  If Rafe had been trying to save Carrie from Austin's hair, that would be a smarter call than whatever the hell he was doing - wasn't it trying to keep Lil' Miss Passive Aggressive from being all sad or something??  And seriously, Carrie is the kid Marlena prefers??

If Sami isn’t setting EJ up for a fall, and isn’t working with Kate, then the writers have once again completely effed this up.  What was the point of this SL?  EJ didn’t end up with a fatal attraction to deal with.  Sami didn’t walk in at an inappropriate moment, and discover the cheating.  There has been no payoff for this SL at all.  So far, all Corday and the writers have accomplished, is annoying the fans who like Sami/EJ as a couple, and irritating the fans who wanted to see a spectacular implosion.

Brady, John, and EJ are competing for the village idiot title at this point.

Oh, I'm hoping that when the time comes, Abigail is buried up to her hairbun by Sami, and I hope she does it with Jenn watching on.  Can't you see them both now, mouths agape, SHOCKED, I tell you!, SHOCKED!!, that Sami would speak to the sainted Abigail in any way that isn't reverential. 

I can't see how this isn't a setup, with the way it's being played out.  And as say, if it isn't then the writers really will have screwed it up. How could they not see what we do?  What am I saying.....these are the same folks who thought Dannifer is a good idea...

Nevertheless, I enjoyed today's show.  I always like it when Theresa pushes JJ's buttons, and especially like it that he pushes right back.  And I like Paige, I like that she isn't being written as some dumb twit who falls for every foil put in her way.  So far, she has seen through each one. 

And right now I'm just enjoying the humor that is coked-up Brady and Daddy Smell the Fart.  Brady will never be Victor, but he did get in a good jab at Jawn about how the time is really past for him to be wearing spandex in his role as superdad.  Too bad that DH hasn't realized that there comes a time in a man's life where doing the "tough guy" swagger no longer looks macho, but instead looks like someone who didn't make it to the bathroom in time.  Jawn reached that point some time ago.  "The Pawn" should now be making investments in Depends.

Only a few more days to KdP!  Looking forward to that!

• Love 1

Does Theresa not have a bed? Sofa sex cannot be all that comfortable, even if one is perpetually under the influence of something, as Brady seems to be lately. His stoned imitation of John was right on the money -- and delivered with about as much finesse. 

And Sami is totally up to something  -- no one gets that excited about asking someone to be your wedding planner. Or perhaps that's just my wishful thinking.

Glad I watched today's episode right before bed. Jordan is as good as Sominex for putting me to sleep. 

As much as I wish Sami was intentionally setting up Abby and working with Kate, I don't see it.  She's certainly unintentionally setting up Abby but Sami is far too impatient not to confront Abs immediately, if she knew.

This is what I'm afraid of.  We are all rubbing our hands in glee over the "scheme", but the writers have let us down before.  I'm just hoping that based on LK's comments about working on something really great with AS/Sami and the weird asides (Sami telling someone on the phone that it's all going perfectly and the weird argument between Kate and Sami), they really are plotting and there's going to be a grand finale.  I agree that impulsive Sami usually charges ahead when she's been wronged so it's hard to be believe that she has the patience to string Abby/EJ along.  

However, if it really is a scheme to expose EJ and Abby, is it possible that they are working on overthrowing Stefano too?  Kate's too smart to fall into bed with Rafe when she's trying to get Stefano back.  And there's the spoiler about the portrait too.  I would just love for Kate to wrestle power from Stefano with Sami's help.  Kate would be a way better crime boss than Stefano.

I can certainly see why JS would be unhappy with his character's direction.  Romantic pairings aside, he comes off like an idiot when he tries to plot schemes or overthrow Stefano.  I'm embarrassed for him. Sigh. EJ would have been such a great evil person.  Has he said what his future plans are?

• Love 1
There have also been a lot of rumors that Corday, the Network, and the writers disagree about the direction certain SLs should go.

That would actually explain a lot of the inconsistent writing and storylines that turn up on screen.  How sad though, they could have a great show if the right people were in place. Many of the actors/actresses are very good when given something to work with. 

• Love 2
(edited)

If there is a scheme, they've done a bad job at setting it up. Given how bad the writing is, I don't think that a failure to drop a clue before hand necessarily means that they aren't up to something, though. I think it would have been good to see the two of them plotting (did Kate discover the affair and tell Sami, what was her reaction, what made them join forces, what do they want to accomplish?) rather than just the end result and being told what happened after the fact. Trying to figure it out on our own is too much work. I'm less interested in Abby, and even EJ, who I genuinely dislike, getting exposed than I would be in Kate and Sami dynamics, so if it turns out there is some master plan, I'll still feel cheated.

Edited by shesajar
  • Love 3

If there is a scheme, they've done a bad job at setting it up. Given how bad the writing is, I don't think that a failure to drop a clue before hand necessarily means that they aren't up to something, though. I think it would have been good to see the two of them plotting (did Kate discover the affair and tell Sami, what was her reaction, what made them join forces, what do they want to accomplish?) rather than just the end result and being told what happened after the fact. Trying to figure it out on our own is too much work. I'm less interested in Abby, and even EJ, who I genuinely dislike, getting exposed than I would be in Kate and Sami dynamics, so if it turns out there is some master plan, I'll still feel cheated.

Yes, I would have much preferred to watch Kate and Sami toast each other as they make plans.  I am also less interested in the end result than I am in watching the two of them scheme together.  Then when it all came together, it would have been very sweet indeed.

So again, I think it's very possible there is no plan - just a lot of awkward setups that should never have happened with better writing.  Sami asking Abby to be her wedding planner? The Dimeras are a big deal family and she picks an inexperienced nobody to plan her wedding - um, yeah, sure.  Kate wants Stefano back so she sleeps with Rafe when she knows that Stefano will find out.  No.  

As far as Corday and Guzo having contempt for the soap genre - how do these guys have the jobs they do?  There are too many other competent people out there who have a real love for soaps and their cheesy silliness.  Guza ruined GH - absolutely destroyed all the legacy families and their histories.  And now we have more of the same with Corday.  It's beyond me why these guys are put in charge.

• Love 2
(edited)

I can't tell if Sami is planning something, but I'm inclined to think Kate is scheming, because I have no idea why she'd risk Stephano's wrath by sleeping with Rafe. Unless Stephano really is suffering from erectile dysfunction, and she wants to have her cake and eat it too.

But, yes, they should have showed Sami and Kate scheming with each other if there is a plot in the works. Those two are entertaining together.

Abigail doesn't annoy me as much now as when she was actually in bed with EJ doing the sex face so I'm not sure if I'm revved up in the present day to see her come-uppance as I was in February and March. Nonetheless, I still do enjoy laughing at her when she's photoshopping pictures of other pretty girls into portraits of her boyfriend and failing to properly take the "outs" Sami is giving her when asking her to do something.

Edited by bantering
  • Love 1
As far as Corday and Guzo having contempt for the soap genre - how do these guys have the jobs they do?

Ken Corday is the son of Ted and Betty Corday who started Days. So I guess the question is....Is Ken burnt out and needs to pass the torch onto someone else? Is he simply keeping it going for the sake of his parents's legacy?  He's been in the business a long time so if he hates his job that much it's kind of pathetic. 

• Love 3
(edited)
I can certainly see why JS would be unhappy with his character's direction.  Romantic pairings aside, he comes off like an idiot when he tries to plot schemes or overthrow Stefano.  I'm embarrassed for him. Sigh. EJ would have been such a great evil person.  Has he said what his future plans are?

JS is working on a movie.  When asked at the fan event in Canada if he would come back to Days, JS said it would probably be four or five years before he considered it.  JS also liked working with AZ and didn’t like how that relationship was ruined either.  Aside from liking to work with AS and AZ, I can see why JS would prefer EJ be paired up with a character like Sami or Nicole.  JS wanted EJ to stay a bad guy.

It must be frustrating for the actresses/actors to have to try and sell a new pairing every six months.  One minute they are madly in love with Character A, then suddenly they are expected to be in love with Character B who is either someone they just met or someone who two months ago they were declaring undying hatred for, then Character C shows up out of nowhere and they are suddenly in love with that person.

Yes, I would have much preferred to watch Kate and Sami toast each other as they make plans.  I am also less interested in the end result than I am in watching the two of them scheme together.  Then when it all came together, it would have been very sweet indeed.

This.  Kate and Sami are the best couple on this show.

Edited by TigerLynx
  • Love 3
(edited)

Once Julie got her last parting shot in it was all FF from there for the Goodbye Gabi - Don't Take So Long to Leave Tour. At least it's finally over. Right?

I just feel I'm missing a huge chunk of the story and motivation here.

Victor wandering around town telling various people off was delightful. Just delightful.

Julie's an awful person. There she is, ranting and raving about what a sweet person Nick was, and how much he loved Gabi. Nothing about what a vengeful, selfish, destructive nutcase Nick actually was ever penetrated her vain, empty skull. In a town full of self-righteous dingbats, Julie Williams might actually win the "Do You  Even HEAR Yourself?" prize. I couldn't stand listening to her turning herself into the victim. She finally admitted that she blames herself for not helping Nick while he was alive, but I no longer care. Sorry: too little, too late, you self-absorbed cow.

And speaking of the Goodbye Gabi Reunion Tour, could Guy Wilson have looked less involved? Freddie Smith actually looked like Sonny had finally come around to caring about Gabi, bubblehead that she is, but Guy Wilson's "sad face" is so unconvincing it's almost funny. He has all the emotional depth of a plate of chia seeds.

We are all missing the story and relevant motivations because they've never been present. Victor's salty truthtelling was the highlight of the week.

I actually enjoyed the confrontation scenes between Marlena and Sami, because, like it or not, Marlena's kind of right. But so is Sami: if Sami has become the kind of person who can't or doesn't experience remorse, that's bad for her.  On the other hand, expecting Sami to feel much sympathy (at least in that moment) for someone who repeated threatened and hurt her child seems unrealistic. Marlena's never learned that pushing Sami is not the way to get her to come around to your point of view.

Can I just say that I so don’t care about the whole Andrew/Melanie kidnapping thing. The story was 2 years ago, Melanie is gone (and hopefully stays gone), Gabby is now gone—why waste time on it??? It’s like reading a month old newspaper.

I don't understand why the writers are choosing to deal with the "ramifications" (other than catatonic boredom, I mean) of Melanie's kidnapping and Gabi's complicity now - Andrew, Melanie, Chad, Nick, and now Gabi are gone. Sonny's "secret" was forgiven and forgotten after a two-minute conversation. And Will's comment that "so much made sense now" is the worst kind of lampshade hanging: Gabi's alternating bitchery at and devotion to Sonny didn't make any kind of sense, writers, and you bloody well know it.

It's a little weird how men who sleep with Abigail suddenly start to sport really terrible hair after THE SEX.

It happened to Chad. Now it's happening with EJ.

Come on, now: Chad's hair was catastrophic well before he started THE SEX with Abigail.

Edited because Freddie is not Freddy.

Edited by Sandman
  • Love 5

And speaking of the Goodbye Gabi Reunion Tour, could Guy Wilson have looked less involved? Freddy Smith actually looked like Sonny had finally come around to caring about Gabi, bubblehead that she is, but Guy Wilson's "sad face" is so unconvincing it's almost funny. He has all the emotional depth of a plate of chia seeds.

I liked him at first, but I honestly can't get past how much he looks like Opie Taylor sometimes.  And that sweater vest thing he had on was AWFUL.

I don't understand why the writers are choosing to deal with the "ramifications" (other than catatonic boredom, I mean) of Melanie's kidnapping and Gabi's complicity now - Andrew, Melanie, Chad, Nick, and now Gabi are gone. 

.  Honestly, who cares now?  If this is what we have to look forward to, count me out.

• Love 1
(edited)
I don't understand why the writers are choosing to deal with the "ramifications" (other than catatonic boredom, I mean) of Melanie's kidnapping and Gabi's complicity now - Andrew, Melanie, Chad, Nick, and now Gabi are gone.

Makes you wonder if EJ and Sami will be gone by the time the affair finally comes out. At the rate they are going, Abby will have some downfall for something 2 years from now and they'll just throw in the bit about her sleeping with EJ to wrap everything up.  I guess Will shooting EJ instead of Lucas will be made public some day after he's off the show too.  Are there any other long forgotten secrets that the show would like to drudge up even though the characters are no longer on screen???

Edited by Peanut6711
(edited)

I hear Chloe's relationship with Phillip wasn't all it was cracked up to be!

Good god, I hope Sami is scheming to bring EJ and Abby down.  If she isn't, she's going head to head with Brady as stupidest person in Salem.

Sami and Brady going head-to-head would probably end in their literally clonking their skulls together, and the resulting hollow chiming would be heard around town more clearly than the tolling of St. Clare's bells.

Also: I don't think Elvis's hair can be entirely blamed on THE SEX with Abigail, either. He, like his namesake, has had his greasy pompadour moments.

Edited by Sandman
  • Love 3

I can buy EJ  having knowledge of art since the character apparently went to Oxford. Stephano, because he's so rich?, also seems like the type of person to invest in art for financial reasons, or, alternatively, steal art for financial reasons.

I'm sure Stefano had his own full-time forger on staff back in the day, along with the chimneysweep/smashed goblet collector and the under-parlourmaid whose job it was to polish fingerprints off the handguns, glassware and windows.

• Love 2

Yesterday was exhausting.

Not on Days. In the World Cup. Seriously, I'm actually thankful for that Nigeria/Iran scoreless tie because I needed some sort of breather between the euphoria of the Germans having their way with Portugal (not a Cristiano Ronaldo fan and I immensely enjoy that every time he goes up against Germany he just hates his entire life for about 90 minutes - yesterday had the added humiliation of his hair not holding up in the sweltering humidity of Brazil) and the sheer insanity of the US/Ghana game... US scores in the first 30 seconds, then everyone seems to get hamstring injuries, and the Ghana equalizes and then we manage to pull ahead again. And then we have to just hold the hell on and hope the rest of our team's hamstrings stay intact.

Really, all I wanted to do after that was come home and drink. I felt like Rafe. Except I didn't bone anyone with blue streaks in their hair afterwards. I did WATCH Days but nothing much really registered except for 'things are happening... I can't believe we finally beat Ghana... people are talking... Müller got a hat trick... why does cocaine seem to not affect Theresa at all? ... Ronaldo was sad and it was amazing.'

I'm still liking JJ and Paige. This is uncharted territory since I don't think I've actively liked a teen romance since the 90s. I also agree that it's inconceivable that JJ is treated like this pariah by girls his age. He's hot. He's got notoriety. He's actively trying to change his life for the better. That should be catnip to the teen girls. It's astounding to me that they're all like 'Oh. God. THAT guy? LOSER!!' It furthers my opinion that Paige really is smarter than everyone else.

With the sheer amount of coke that Theresa and Brady seem to be doing, it's astounding to me that Brady is the only one actively wired. And while I do like Theresa the Evil Pixie, I find I like JJ more so I'm not at all happy when she decides to torment him. Look what has happened! I've become protective over a character. This troubles me...

But not as much as the fact that Belgium is literally riddled with top flight players and can't seem to manage to score against Algeria.

• Love 1
I'm sure Stefano had his own full-time forger on staff back in the day, along with the chimneysweep/smashed goblet collector and the under-parlourmaid whose job it was to polish fingerprints off the handguns, glassware and windows.

He did—he had Princess Gina! Remember, she and Father John stole them, she forged them, and Stef kept the originals. So really if Sami wants a crash course in art history, she would be better off talking to Hope!

Fuck you Abby, neither Sami or EJ made her do this. She act like the word “NO” is a foreign word or not in her vocabulary. Bitch take several seats. GMAFB with that, that's where Nick collapsed looking all haunted yet she was just fine strolling and prancing right by it with her raggedy muffins without looking all bug eyed earlier.

Fuck Nicole too!! See why it's so hard to get behind her because of how she likes to spin stories and can't tell the truth if her raggedy ass life depended on it. She always tries to deflect blame off her and put it on someone else. Forget slapping I would have punched the living shit out of her. Why is Eric always taking Nicole's side, this is why Eric is forever stupid and he was throwing it all on EJ and should be looking at Nicole. EJ found out at the last minute what Kristen did, he didn't know the entire time. I don't know why Eric is always so short with Sami but gives Nicole all the time in the world to speak?

NuBen a new worker giving his sis free coffee. Is that really something he should be doing? He's not employed to where he can just be giving out free coffee. Sit your ass down Plucky.

I nearly LMAO when Maggie came in distraught over Melanie *eye roll* and asked if this was a bad time and when Jenn said, “Of course not Aunt Magg..” Maggie just turned around and didn't even wait for her to finish her sentence.

If I was in Salem I would be doing my best to turn Sonny straight lol. He's so damn cute.

Hurry up Kate and find out Ben and Jordan's secret, I don't give a damn what it is. Don't care if she ran in front of a bus to save NuBen. Rafe thank you for shutting NuBen up, he doesn't know anything about Jordan or NuBen cause she won't share so IDK why Rafe has to open up and feel guilty for not opening up to her. STFU Plucky. Rafe needs to be like this more often.

Dannifer Drama is a big yawn, all I can say is that at least Jenn's neck wasn't so distracting as it usually is. Oh Dan get the hell over it, just mad that Jenn was right cause he wouldn't have told Eric cause he would have kept giving Nicole chance after chance. So him getting all mad and upset that Jenn called him out on it is stank. Now he knows how Theresa felt when he was all up in her face and accusing her of poisoning him and doing this that and the other to him. Dan is another little bitch that can take several seats. The show ends with a nasty ass liplock.

Plucky, Nicole, Dan, Abby, & Eric, can all take several seats today.

• Love 3
(edited)

If Nicole doesn't want to hear anyone say mean things to her maybe she shouldn't go into an establishment owned by a Brady. Or maybe she should just get the fuck out of town. 

Maggie is so overdramatic. 

Dannifer are disgusting. 

Shut your lying ass up Abby. Sami didn't force you to do anything. 

Edited by LeftPhalange
  • Love 2
(edited)

Marlena has been replaced with a robot.

That's a secret?

It is to John. But so are most things.

Nicole should avoid establishments owned by Bradys, Kiriakises, Blacks or Dimeras, on that basis. What does that leave her?

Edited by Sandman

Really pissed me off that Eric defended Nicole.  What does Sami being with E.J. have to do with what Nicole did?

Not that I care about Daniel and Jennifer, but I find it crappy that Daniel wanted to end things with Jennifer over some very true things she said about him over the Nicole situation.

• Love 1
Fuck Nicole too!! See why it's so hard to get behind her because of how she likes to spin stories and can't tell the truth if her raggedy ass life depended on it. She always tries to deflect blame off her and put it on someone else. Forget slapping I would have punched the living shit out of her. Why is Eric always taking Nicole's side, this is why Eric is forever stupid and he was throwing it all on EJ and should be looking at Nicole. EJ found out at the last minute what Kristen did, he didn't know the entire time. I don't know why Eric is always so short with Sami but gives Nicole all the time in the world to speak?

Agree 100%  And where does Nicole get off talking about Sami being involved with Ej? Nicole has been involved with him how many times too???

• Love 6

I didn't quite see it as Eric defending Nicole.  As soon as he got Sami out of there - I don't blame him at all for wanting to put out that fire asap - he told Nicole in no uncertain terms to leave.  Sami holds nothing back, that's why I sadly don't think she's working with Kate. 

Dammit Dan for making me feel a twinge of sorry for Jenn after Maggie left, for being completely cut out of his life.  He made an error in judgment and is furious for being questioned over it?  I don't know if it's much better than my original expectation that Jenn would be angry at Dan for keeping the information from her.  I expect Dan will break off that kiss because Eve has an appointment to be groped at the hospital first thing tomorrow. Maggie was awful but at least she seemed to realise she was interrupting.

Abs was hilarious.  Did the writers actually let her crack a joke about being sick of listening to herself complain?  And that seizure she had looking at the spot where Nick fell!  I sure hope they were writing in the crazy for her, it's the only way she makes sense.  And btw, Sami specifically said she didn't ask Will to help with the wedding because he was dealing with a lot and what does she do but go right over there and ask Will. 

I was wondering whether Will was still in school, glad he's graduating.  Lucas always reminded me of my late ex, and our son just graduated from college in May.  Occasionally Sami's relationship with her son through the years reminded me of my own son. 

LOVED Kate and Rafe saying "this was a mistake" in unison.

• Love 2

she was just fine strolling and prancing right by it with her raggedy muffins

Normally I would say that's no way to talk about a woman's lady parts, but this is Abby you're talking about.

Is there nobody working in the Brady Pub, or are they so used to knock-down-drag-out fights involving their boss's family that they just turn around and walk away?  I'm sure Caroline would be overjoyed to see that happening in Sean's Pub.  And apparently all of the patrons just turned a blind eye, too.

• Love 5
(edited)

It's a day later and I still don't get the Rafe/Kate situation.

It's a day later and I still don't  understand why Abigail isn't getting that Sami gave her a lot of "outs." Today, it also seemed like Will was giving her one too.

The show must have purposely put both Sami and Nicole in provocative looking outfits  on the same day for the amusement of the male part of the audience.  I don't think this fight to the ground had a winner, although I did kind of feel as though Nicole sounded like a bit of a nutcase.

Jordan and Ben have more chemistry with each other than the people they`re paired with.

Edited by bantering
  • Love 2

Jordan and Ben have more chemistry with each other than the people they`re paired with.

Oh good it wasn't just me then.  I never cuddled with my brother like that in my life.  If Passions was still around, they might actually go there...online of course.

• Love 2
(edited)

Asscole (Shawdowsixx I'm bringing your nickname for her over here) is reaching Abby levels of hate for me. Who the hell does she think she is. Eric shouldn't have broken up that fight until Nicole was unconscious. I'm disappointed the writers aren't allowing him to really lash out like he deserves to.

Edited by LeftPhalange
  • Love 1
(edited)

Rafe seemed to have nothing passing through his brain after the sex with Kate. Geez louise, even EJ managed to feign a look of guilt for a moment after doing it with Abigail.

Edited by bantering
  • Love 2
(edited)

Right? The recast doesn't seem to have altered that.

Asscole (Shawdowsixx I'm bringing your nickname for her over here) is reaching Abby levels of hate for me. Who the hell does she think she is. Eric shouldn't have broken up that fight until Nicole was unconscious. I'm disappointed the writers aren't allowing him to really lash out like he deserves to.

He treated Nicole like a rapist. She's acting like a complete idiot, but Eric's in a poor position to hold an opinion on what either of them deserves, I'd say.

Isn't looking like there isn't a thought passing through his head sort of business as usual for Rafe? It's more remarkable to me when he looks as if he might be experiencing cerebral activity firsthand.

Edited by Sandman
  • Love 1
(edited)

I felt Eric and Nicole sounded a bit nonsensical when they compared what EJ did to what Nicole did. EJ knew Kristen raped Eric, but other than overhearing a conversation and then going to her for verification he didn't have an actual document clearing Eric's name nor did he stupidly look up to the sky to ask God what he should do.

Also, Nicole isn't the sibling of Kristen and all of her affection is reserved for Eric, so her trying to rationalize the similarity between what she covered up and what EJ withheld is a bit off to me. The two situations, while morally flawed, don't strike me as the same. I'm not saying EJ is completely  free of sin in this matter, but it makes some sense that he would withhold the info since he's related to Kristen while it makes absolutely no sense that Nicole shredded the documents since she allegedly loves Eric. And EJ didn't know "all along." He learned about it after the fact. I don't see how the two situations are comparable.

And I was also perplexed when Nicole called Sami a Dimera whore when Nicole was also a Dimera whore at one point, a role which she coveted.

And can't Eric do something to clear his own name rather than trying to rely on  a Dimera to turn on another Dimera to get him the evidence he needs?

Edited by bantering
  • Love 3

Because AssCole would do nothing more than twist Eric's words around and how he accused her of rape and she's forgiven him and he should be doing the same thing for her and then she'll go all religious and find a new way to blame God and then will blame Sami, EJ, Marlena, Liam, Dan, Jenn, Victor, & Kristen. Eric should have let Sami beat AssCole's ass. I'm surprised AssCole hasn't said, "Well if Victor didn't give Marlena the video at the wedding, none of this would have happened. Marlena didn't have to play it."

• Love 3