Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E07: Deliverance

I hope Fox does rebrand it American Idolatry even though they're not deliving on the musical gods any more.

And the most distracting thing in Ichabod/Katrina's bedtime nightmare was Tom's wig.  It never bothered me until that moment. But really Ichabod, you're a 200 year old (hot) man and your son is one of the 4 Horsemen.  And yet you're shocked that your witch wife was able to talk to someone without a head?

For the mother fucking love of god!!   Seriosuly?  Ugh.  I just can't with all the Crane family drama.  It's a copout to have this become a family drama with a side of the apocalypse thrown in. 

• Love 11

I liked this one. Katrina finally kicked some balls and escaped and showed some spunk. I really thought she was a goner at the end, oh well. Abbey seemed almost sad about Crane's new knowledge of CPR. So now has Henry trapped Moleck in a jar like a lightning bug?

• Love 1

Am I supposed to be rooting for Ichabod and Katrina? Should I be siding with these idiots and their dumbass drama? I really think the show wants me to but all I want is for Abbie to bitch slap both Katrina and Ichabod and tell them to GTFO...the world is more important than your stupid love and evil son.

Urgh this episode was really irritating. I don't really know how much more of this I can take...might have to start skipping episodes or something. I'm just really not enjoying this season.

Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Love 11

Oh my goodness, I cracked up SO HARD when Abbie was all "They're an evil club, try 666!" because I was totally screaming the same thing at the TV! That was too funny. And the stuff about voting at the start was really funny and pointed without being preachy. Good job, show!

I really enjoyed this episode, mostly because it felt like something actually happened, which has been a bit lacking this season. Though Moloch being unable to be born because of some prism was a bit of a stretch, but wtfever. The cracks between Moloch/Henry/Headless are starting to show and it's starting to feel like shit is getting really real. The stakes are definitely starting to rise. I'm not a fan of the redeem Henry movement, though; the best I could see the character going is being a dark gray free agent after walking away from Moloch or sacrificing himself to save the world at the last minute. Again I say, bringing John Noble on was a mistake, as is shoehorning him into every single episode (his confrontation with Ichabod would've held more weight if we hadn't seen them come face-to-face like 3 times already this season). Also, how is it that the bad guys have henchmen galore but Team Witness cannot find one magical-ish person to help them out?

I did have to laugh at the shootout and Abbie's James Bond moves--someone definitely wanted this to be an ACTION! script. Thought Nicole Beharie did pretty well with it all.

Also, I've never thought Ichabod and Katrina lack chemistry--they don't have a ton of it, but they're fine as TV couples go--but I swear, Abbie and Katrina have serious chemistry. I could so be down for an OT3.

Also, has Jenny died? Did Lyndie Greenwood piss someone off? When Abbie went to the warehouse alone I was screaming at her to call Jenny for backup. Just, like, why did they even bother signing her as a regular if they're not going to use her? The positive was that we finally got a Hawley-less episode, thank goodness. NOT looking forward to next week based on the previews, though.

• Love 12

Where is Jenny? Seriously, where is she? Why is Irving stranded in this go-nowhere plot? Why were we stuck with this beyond-hackneyed demonspawn plotline? Would a better actress save the character of Katrina or was the character doomed from the start due to bad planning?

I have so many questions.

• Love 7

I enjoyed this episode though Katrina is clearly the weakest part of the show and Ichabod's obsession with Henry is really becoming overkill.  Also, is Jenny even part of this show anymore?

The Moloch plan was a big move on the bad guys part though.  Enjoyed Ichabod joking about the third reason Abby wouldn't have been allowed to vote.

Edited by benteen
  • Love 4

Solid episode, but there were some problems.  You know who would have been good to have around?  Jenny.  She could have stayed with Katrina while Abbie and Ichabod went to get the tablet, or gone with Abbie in lieu of Ichabod.  Seriously, there is no reason why they keep benching her week after week.  On the plus side, no Hawley!  Didn't miss him at all.  And I was glad to see Reyes coming around.

Hi, Irving.  Bye, Irving. 

Katrina didn't really bug me this week except for the "save Henry" bullshit.  I laughed at Ichabod finding out yet another secret from her.  And he was so close to finally admitting that Henry is a lost cause until the stupid hand touch thing.  Damnit.  You can tell that Abbie is reaching the end of her rope with this, too.  The writers need to make up their minds, either Abraham is evil or Henry is, but they can't both be sympathetic.  Otherwise, they aren't real villains.  

I give Katia credit, she sold that birthing scene.  I knew Katrina wasn't dead, but that looked like the chest-burster from Alien for a moment.

I did enjoy the few Ichabbie moments, like Ichabod immediately shutting up once he got his "I Voted!" sticker.  But they have to do something with this Henry nonsense.  

Edited by Amethyst
  • Love 9

I guess Henry played his parents like the fools they are. He probably wanted Maloch trapped in jar. He can be the mastermind now. I get that he's their son, but he's their son that neither of them raised and missed 200 years of life, where he became an evil man hellbent on destroying the entire world! Henry is not their son and hasn't been their son for a very long time.  If it was anyone else that was doing all this evil shit, Team Witness would've or been finding a way to get rid of him. But because he's their son they are letting him live and do even more evil things to innocent people. Am I supposed to be rooting for that? I'm in the mind if you love someone you need to know when to let them go. And Henry needs to go. 

What's the point of making Jenny a regular when she has even less screentime than when she did when she wasn't. And it looks more Hawley next week. I don't care about a character we just met, I care about the character we already have and they've all been pushed to the background, Jenny and Irving. 

• Love 11

I am having a serious problem with this show.  It's getting way too white for me.

They have sidelined Orlando Jones' character, which I don't like.  Last season they had a great core 4 characters; this season they've added too many.  I mean there's Jenny, Henry, Headless, that blonde guy who Jenny was going out with.  Why do they have all these characters that I don't give a shit about.  

I want someone to smack the shit out of Henry and tell him to grow up and get over it, he's not the only one with crappy parents, besides, his father didn't even know he existed.  What a whiny baby.

• Love 15

The next time I'm sitting around with my co-workers, I'm going to stand up and announce very dramatically-- 'I must Internet---immediately' and then leave the room.  Great line!

I also think that it would be better for the whole plot if Katrina hadn't pulled through.  Then, Crane could go on the whole revenge kick and maybe Henry would end up feeling some guilt and be redeemed (right before he got killed or something, of course).

• Love 10

It moved fast for me and except for a few scenes (mushy Cranes) I liked it.

Abbie was awesome as usual and did much of the lifting saving Katrina. 666! I loved her impatience wanting to leave while Crane said his goodbyes before they left to get an army. Her calling Crane out on the inequality of voting in his time and that she pays his bills. There are times I just want her to say "whatever" and walk off. On the other hand, I love her pragmatism and ability to keep moving forward and keep focused to the task, even if she thinks others are being stupid.

Katrina was great escaping but I could do without the mushy Cranes and her continued faith in Henry is frustrating. Yes, he is your son but even the mother in "The Good Son" finally dropped her son off the cliff. (Wasn't his name Henry, too)?

Not much to say about Crane. His wrath about the pregnancy was great but he is proving Abbie's fears true about his weakness.

I am now with the people who are screaming for Jenny. I know she was there last week but it is not enough.

One last thing, I do not need to see anymore Cranes kissing. I actually caught myself saying "ick". Lol

I thought the Crane/Henry faceoff was excellent.

If Katrina is going to stick around, I wish the writers would remember she's a witch and show has SOME kind of offensive powers.

Edited by benteen
  • Love 3

I tweeted the writers and asked them why there's been a lack of Irving and Jenny this season and pointed out that one of the reasons why I loved the show last season was the diversity of the cast. I'll let you guys know if I hear back from them.

As for the episode, the only parts I liked were Crane's adventures in 21st century ways, Reyes getting on board with Team Witness (even though she doesn't know the whole story) and Katrina getting out of that colonial garb.

Other than that I am disappointed in the Crane family centric focus of this season as well.

• Love 11

Words cannot describe the disappointment. Basically this episode was a swift kick to the chin. The Crane Family Apocalypse hour is trash, how can they not realize it?

I don't hate Katrina. I don't. But the character doesn't work the way it has been written. But hey, I'll even trade Ichabod and Jeremy for Katrina if it means having less Cranes running around doing nothing and making the show stupid, because what I do hate is the fact that this was yet another episode where Abbie could have been anyone for all she mattered. Wow. Either the show strikes a balance between the miserable Cranes and Abbie's side of the show, or I'm done. The "plot" is not interesting or entertaining, which means that without Abbie all you have is reheated supernatural plots from every other supernatural show done a thousand times worse.

I missed Hawley.

• Love 2

I  love the little detail of Icky saving Katrina, but not bothering with Abbie, when she drowned. Nice detail, writers!

What can I say? I was laughing through most of the episode, because the Cranes bring the worst daytime soap opera drama and acting. It's a given that Mison and Winter lack chemistry, but I'm going to add John Noble and Mison as well. Their scenes might be better acted, but there is no feeling there, just two actors delivering lines without any kind of spark.

How soon did Icky forget that thing about the Witnesses fighting together, the moment he could stay behind with Katrina? Of course he would leave Abbie do the job alone! This episode proved to me how superfluous Icky is in the fight against the apocalypse. He's as useless as his wife and doubly moronic. 

• Love 1

I had a hard time focusing on the episode. Too much Katrina will do that to me.

I, too, was wondering where the hell Jenny was.

The Henry stuff was intriguing at first, but it is getting overused. I miss the badass Horseman.

The wigs looked particularly bad tonight.

• Love 2

I think the point of the CPR scene was to show that he did learn it after he was helpless to save Abbie. That being said couldn't he have learned it next week. I also did not see Abbie rushing to help. As I said, she is awesome.

• Love 20

Hmm... that wasn't as bad as I feared it was going to be but not as good as I hoped it would be. I feel like ti was supposed to be exciting, but yet it feels like the weakest episode of the season so far.

I have been trying to keep an open mind, but I must finally concede that Katrina just doesn't work. This was basically an extended episode of her being a damsel in distress. She literally did nothing but lay there and scream. How is this acceptable? I am not a fan, but if I were I would still be outraged how they are deploying her.

Yea, this was a Katrina heavy episode but rather than make me anxious about side-lining Abbie it just proved that a Katrina can't carry an entire episode.

I am disappointed in Crane, but I am hoping that all that side-eye Abbie was sending him was signalling her doubt in him being reborn. I can't have her ignore what I felt was his blatant disregard of her opinion over his own personal desires.

Also, first time I ever noticed that Orlando Jones did not live tweet.

• Love 4

When they revealed 2 weeks ago that Katrina had something to do with Ichabod's old girlfriend dying, I was kind of hoping it was a set up for Katrina to either go dark-side or truly be morally grey. But none of that is happening. I'm 100% in agreement that something needs to be done w/ Katrina, because she's USELESS on the show. If they're not willing to actually do anything with her character (like have her be swayed to the dark side, by her son or power or idk, SOMETHING), I agree they should kill her off.

I just spend all of the time the show focuses on her wishing they'd reinvested this time on Jenny or Frank Irving, because I like BOTH of those characters a BILLION times more.

• Love 1

I liked the episode for the most part.  I do think that this was missed opportunity to kill Katrina off.  From the beginning I always felt that Crane's marriage to Katrina is holding him back from being the witness he is supposed to be.  Same thing with Henry now.  There is faith and then there is blind stupidity.  Henry has made his stance clear time and again ad nauseam.  He's been evil longer than his parents have known about him.  I do not think that he is completely evil but I don't think he is redeemable to the level that Katrina is hoping for.  He has done terrible things to his own mother and it's hard to see the good in him when she has done nothing wrong to him.  Ever.

Also it seemed off to me that Abbie didn't attempt cpr on Katrina.  As an officer of the law I would think that it would be automatic.  Granted I didn't really want her to but she should have attempted it I think.

Are we only allowed to have three protagonists in an episode now?  Where was Jenny?  Where was Hawley?  They don't even bother mentioning where she is anymore.  I got super excited when Abby said she had an army because I thought she was going to call Jenny and possibly Hawley for backup.

I did like that Crane was basically caught between his two loves and had to do his best to placate them both.  It may seem like he chose Katrina but I noticed that he never fully agreed with what she was saying.  I also liked that we ended on Abbie and Ichabod as we should.

I really wish that team witness had some moves of their own.  They are so reactionary at this point that they are sitting ducks for Henry week in and week out.  There must be something that they could be doing to fight Moloch.  I really hope that they address the status of Irving's soul and we start coming up with plans of our own.  Because so far we are batting a thousand.

Edited by blugirlami21
  • Love 2

First off, BOO! to you show, for serving up a heaping helping of that stale mystical pregnancy trope.  Seriously, we can do better than that.

[snip]

I really enjoyed this episode, mostly because it felt like something actually happened, which has been a bit lacking this season. Though Moloch being unable to be born because of some prism was a bit of a stretch, but wtfever. The cracks between Moloch/Henry/Headless are starting to show and it's starting to feel like shit is getting really real. The stakes are definitely starting to rise. I'm not a fan of the redeem Henry movement, though; the best I could see the character going is being a dark gray free agent after walking away from Moloch or sacrificing himself to save the world at the last minute. Again I say, bringing John Noble on was a mistake, as is shoehorning him into every single episode (his confrontation with Ichabod would've held more weight if we hadn't seen them come face-to-face like 3 times already this season). Also, how is it that the bad guys have henchmen galore but Team Witness cannot find one magical-ish person to help them out?

[snip]

Also, has Jenny died? Did Lyndie Greenwood piss someone off? When Abbie went to the warehouse alone I was screaming at her to call Jenny for backup. Just, like, why did they even bother signing her as a regular if they're not going to use her? The positive was that we finally got a Hawley-less episode, thank goodness. NOT looking forward to next week based on the previews, though.

To the first part, I totally agree; it did feel like things happened this episode.  While I love MOTW episodes when they are done well, I think that I agree with other posters who want to see some movement on the overall arc.  I also agree that this episode would have packed more of a punch if Henry hadn't been around so much in previous ones.  Since he's been behind pretty much every bad thing this season, I'm definitely feeling some fatigue on that front (and I actually like the character).

To the second, I was going to reply that I would love to see more Jenny, but it does make sense that she couldn't be in on the raid if Abbie was using the long arm of the law as her backup.  However, this observation

Solid episode, but there were some problems.  You know who would have been good to have around?  Jenny.  She could have stayed with Katrina while Abbie and Ichabod went to get the tablet, or gone with Abbie in lieu of Ichabod.  Seriously, there is no reason why they keep benching her week after week.  On the plus side, no Hawley!  Didn't miss him at all.  And I was glad to see Reyes coming around.

shows that there was plenty of space where Jenny would have fit naturally.  Furthermore, Jenny easily could have been Abbie's backup the first time she tailed the Hellfire henchmen to their lair.

Neurochick, on 03 Nov 2014 - 10:27 PM, said:

I am having a serious problem with this show.  It's getting way too white for me.

They have sidelined Orlando Jones' character, which I don't like.  Last season they had a great core 4 characters; this season they've added too many.  I mean there's Jenny, Henry, Headless, that blonde guy who Jenny was going out with.  Why do they have all these characters that I don't give a shit about. 

I want someone to smack the shit out of Henry and tell him to grow up and get over it, he's not the only one with crappy parents, besides, his father didn't even know he existed.  What a whiny baby.

I'm not hitting the PANIC button on the racial balance yet, but I am on high alert.  Also, five seconds of appreciating OJ's butt in his psych ward gear does not make up for the criminal underuse of Irving.

I will say, though, that I appreciate Henry's utter lack of repentance.  I don't really see him as whiny.  Sure, he has a major hate-on for his parents, but he only gets into that "You abandoned meeeeee!" crap when his parents break out the "Son, why don't you love us?" wailing.  I really hope the show doesn't take him down the road of redemption because I appreciate that he (at least at the moment) has no fucks to give about Mommy and Daddy Crane's "love" for him.

Edited by netlyon2
  • Love 1

Also it seemed off to me that Abbie didn't attempt cpr on Katrina.  As an officer of the law I would think that it would be automatic.  Granted I didn't really want her to but she should have attempted it I think.

This had writer fingerprints all over it.  It was so obviously designed to show Ichabod being the one to save Katrina.  It made absolutely zero sense that Abbie would not have attempted CPR.  It was an insult to every fan's intelligence because we all know Abbie wouldn't have just sat there with a fucking 'Derp, she's dead' look on her face without trying something.  

• Love 9

They made Henry even more pathetic by revealing the real reason he's evil.

Guys, I've just realized that Katrina's love is the thing that is going to save the world! People turn evil, when she doesn't love them: first Abraham and then Henry. Forget the Witnesses, they are meaningless. She redeemed Icky with her pure snowflaky love and she will do the same with Henry, Abraham and maybe even Moloch! She's the true hero of the show. Abbie should be bowing down to the greatest character ever.

• Love 7

Meh, thanks to keeping my expectations low, I enjoyed the episode more then I figured I would, but I really do not understand why the writers seems to have some kind of obsession with Katrina, and making her so important to the story.  I don't exactly "hate" her, but I just find her boring for the most part.  But, the more they not only keep trying to make her so important, and the more they have her push this "Henry isn't really evil!" plot, the more I actually do get annoyed with her.  Give it up, Katrina/show.  Henry is done for.  He's crossed a line he can't come back from.  Just because Andy redeemed himself on some levels, doesn't mean I will ever buy Henry doing it.  This whole thing annoys me.  Only positive I have right now is that Katia Winter did look good in the modern goth outfit (but Nicole Beharie still owns my heart.)

All the stuff with Ichabod and Abbie, still is awesome.  Loved the voting process, Ichabod bitching about it, and Abbie actually pointing out that it's not like it was great back in the day, when women and black people weren't allowed to vote.  It's fun, but I like it when Abbie pokes holes in Ichabod's nostalgia tours.  And, Ichabod learning about dial-up internet was hilarious.  I certainly don't miss that.

Seriously, what is the deal with Frank and Jenny?  Frank is wasted, and it sucks, since Orlando Jones was so supportive of the show last season.  As for Jenny, honestly, I think the main reason she was missing was because the writers knew that Jenny wouldn't have let Ichabod/Katrina double-team Abbie like they did.  Jenny would have definitely taken her side, and told them both to wake up, and accept their son is in league with the worst demon of all time.

Seriously, Sleepy Hollow.  I still enjoy you, but I know you are better then this.  Get it together, please.

Edited by thuganomics85
  • Love 2

This episode did nothing to endear Katrina to Sleepy Hollow viewers IMO. In all honesty I half ass watched it especially when there was Ichabod and Katrina together. Ready for Abbie just to give stupid ass Ichabod a harsh talking to something along the lines of, "For an intelligent man you are so dumb, I mean really dumb, how long are you going to believe these lies and jeopardize my life and mission for your whiny ass wife and evil ass son", please let it happen. Abbie was convincing enough with her facial expressions that the Cranes are on her last damn nerve.

I actually felt more sympathy for Abraham than I did Katrina which is probably not a good thing for the show seeing how he is a freaking Horseman and all. The show needs to either have Headless back out riding, taking heads, and causing havoc not getting set on fire for the likes of Katrina.

In short, I really didn't enjoy this episode much at all. Abbie is forever the BAD ASS that is keeping me interested. But if they keep pushing her aside to do Ichabod's bidding or detouring from the mission at hand so she can run in behind Crane while he runs in behind Katrina and Henry I might just have to let go.

I am interested in next week episode. I'm glad Hawley will be in it. At least you know up front what to expect for him, unlike Ichabod who is rising and falling like a damn wave. The man has lost focus and if I were Abbie I would be real concerned about whether if in a push come to shove between her and Henry who will he side with, he pretty much demonstrated his true allegiance in the church when he sided with Katrina. I need to hear no more spills from Katrina or Ichabod about how they can redeem evil, old ass Henry.

I hope this show doesn't continue down this path. My hope is next week hopefully Nick's feelings for Abbie are revealed and they have to deal with that. I hope Jenny is back and maybe an Irving sighting or two. So episodes 8 & 9 doesn't appear to be Katrina heavy but damn if Henry isn't front and center in episode 8.

Not giving up yet, but damn it's starting to feel like Sleepy Hollow is trying to make me.

Edited by Ann Mack
  • Love 5

Just watched the episode and all this is just off the top of my head…

First off, I really like Katrina in this episode. She hinted at having Abbie kill her to avoid the Moloch spawn being born and seemed generally un-shady--which disappoints me in some way. She did rock a corset with skinny jeans for awhile so I can't complain much. Keep Katrina on the show. I really don't care about the status of her marriage. she can be evil, separated from Crane emotionally or whatever-just keep her--(preferably in revealing clothing.)

That being said, I wonder if Henry is going to play a "gollum" role a la LOTR. I think the bit of humanity within him is destined to play an important role in the future.

Oh , and Headless is still a eunuch. As I've said elsewhere, (and I'll quote Dr Evil again), "You're semi-evil. You're quasi-evil. You're the margarine of evil. You're the Diet Coke of evil. Just one calorie, not evil enough."

Abbie was marginalized in this episode, but still there and still kicking ass. I still think the  Crane's will be majorly separated to keep the Witness dynamic going (though I don't anticipate or wish for any Ichabod/Abbie romance for a long time)

Looking forward to hearing some other thoughts...

• Love 2

From the beginning I always felt that Crane's marriage to Katrina is holding him back from being the witness he is supposed to be.  Same thing with Henry now.  There is faith and then there is blind stupidity.  Henry has made his stance clear time and again ad nauseam.  He's been evil longer than his parents have known about him.  I do not think that he is completely evil but I don't think he is redeemable to the level that Katrina is hoping for.  He has done terrible things to his own mother and it's hard to see the good in him when she has done nothing wrong to him.  Ever.

IA.  Henry had a raw deal, but it doesn't give him the right to do the things he's done.  He's not under a spell or some kind of delusion.  He wants to follow Moloch.  Any decency in him is outweighed by his arrogance, cruelty, and sociopath behavior.  Katrina thinks that endless compassion and hugs will save Henry, but I think his real desire is to punish his parents, something Moloch doesn't even know.  Either Henry lacks the basic emotional tools to understand right and wrong, or he does possess them and simply doesn't care.  He's a pissed off child who wants to hurt his parents.  And the best way to hurt his parents is to hurt the people close to them.  I feel like it's going to take someone being killed or turned into a Horseman for Katrina and Ichabod to realize that Henry is beyond saving.

Poor Caroline died just because she knew Ichabod, and it wasn't like she was involved in their activities.  She was just a bystander.  The danger they present to the people around them is what the Cranes are ignoring by validating Henry and his actions, and it's going to get them in trouble.

• Love 6

I find I actually really enjoyed this episode. While I did miss Jenny and Frank, and Ichy and Abbie  are my favorite pair to see on screen together , I felt the connection between Katrina and Ichabod and liked them a great deal. The trio of Abbie, Ichabod and Katrina was well worth watching. I agree though about the CPR scene, while I believe Ichabod learned that after the last time Abbie's passivity didn't ring true.

• Love 3

Ugh. This episode was such a chore to get through. How many times are we going to have to watch mopey Katrina get saved from stuff? I wish Moloch had actually risen and caused her death. At least then we would have a badass villain running around again, since Headless has lost any semblance of menace. And for a supposed powerful witch who is centuries old, she sure was useless tonight. Why did it seem like she was the last person to get a clue at every step of the way during this magical demon pregnancy storyline? Even Abbie figured out the Moloch thing before her. Also, Abbie was asking the correct questions right away - could it be a potion, a spell - before Katrina, the witch, even went there.

I also have had just about enough of Henry's daddy issues. Maybe I would still care if I wasn't hit over the head with it every freaking week. Katrina's insistence on his redemption is not helping my feelings towards her and Ichabod listening to her is making me start to side eye him too at this point, much like Abbie apparently. I mean, seriously, we know he's your kid, but your kid's a life destroying monster. He's in cahoots with a literal demon. Let it go. You're putting the world in danger with your family drama and that's not okay. Stop being so selfish.

The only part of this episode I enjoyed was the voting bit and Abbie's "over it" faces at the end.

I'm actually looking forward to seeing Hawley next week. I'd rather watch him and Abbie run around than the Cranes' family drama.

Where the hell is Jenny?!?

Edited by cynic
  • Love 5

I was really hoping for Katrina to die, the episode started off so great too with Crane's voting rants and the entire opening scene. 

And Crane didn't know CPR 2 episodes ago, now he does? 

• Love 3

I was...not at all engaged in that. I actually left the room (but still within ear shot) to make tea during one of the Katrina scenes. Couldn't care less about any of the Crane family drama, show.

The show I fell in love with had Abby, Crane, Jenny and Irving at its heart. Demon Andy and Ghost (or flashback) Corbin had interesting recurring roles. 

I miss that show. I want it to find its heart again.

Can anyone give me a quick summary of next week? The channel that airs SH here doesn't play previews for the following week.

Edited by shanndee
  • Love 2

This episode definitely needed more Abbie, especially since she was the only person with any common sense this episode. 

Crane and Katrina are delusional about Henry. He deliberately impregnated Katrina with the demon spider, and they think if Crane goes and talks to him, he'll change his mind and undo it. What? I feel a little bad about it, but both my husband and I were rooting for Katrina to die. She could at least go evil and be a heck of a lot more interesting. 

Remember when ol' Headless used to be scary?

The voting scene was by far my favorite of this episode. 

• Love 2

I tweeted the writers and asked them why there's been a lack of Irving and Jenny this season and pointed out that one of the reasons why I loved the show last season was the diversity of the cast. I'll let you guys know if I hear back from them.

As for the episode, the only parts I liked were Crane's adventures in 21st century ways, Reyes getting on board with Team Witness (even though she doesn't know the whole story) and Katrina getting out of that colonial garb.

Other than that I am disappointed in the Crane family centric focus of this season as well.

The writers don't answer any questions about anyone other than Crane, Katrina, Henry and the Horseman. They will never respond when you ask about Abbie especially. Sadly, Irving, like Abbie is just there to advance the Crane family story. Nothing more.

• Love 2

Damn it, we were so close to finally being rid of Katrina! is it wrong that I was rooting for her to die? When she looked at Abbie's gun, I hoped she was going to go Darla style and just grab it and off herself without warning anyone. Wishful thinking on my part.

Let me see - the options were (1) let Katrina kill herself to prevent Moloch from being born or (2) let Moloch be unleashed upon the world and Katrina dies anyway. I thought finally, a win-win situation! Either way, Katrina dies! I was so disappointed that the borealis stone even existed. When Crane was backlit by the boarde up window, I thought yay, he won't be able to get any sunshine on it and she will just die - great! Yup, SH has reduced me to cheering for the death of a character.

Katrina and Crane's stubborn refusal to give up on Henry and keep harping on about how there is some good inside him so they can't give up on him is so annoying. There's a point where you have to cut your losses. I think that's usually around the first time he tries to kill you.

• Love 3

Ok, let me get this straight...SH writers tried to use the old "birth of a demon baby"..Angel the show did it better and they put Cordelia in a coma for the rest of the season!  Katrina in a coma (sounds good to me). The show has lost its way and needs retooling stat....I miss Jenny/Irving/Andy, I cared about them..I don't care about Katrina, the blond guy or even Henry's rant....Please, please somebody (looking @ you writers) grab a clue and fix this before the ratings drop too low to be fixed.

• Love 5

So I'm starting to wonder if Fox have given the producers notes to 'add characters the audience can identify with'. That's code for, 'we need more white folks!'. Irving and Jenny have become minor bit parts, while Katrina and the Headed Horseman have been going through their tedious bodice-ripper storyline, Henry has been sucking as a villain, and Tall N. Bland has been standing around looking roguish and aryan.

Such a shame, when one of the most praised elements of the show in its first season was the fact that they had characters of colour who seemed written just as characters. The fact that Orlando Jordan is practically calling them out on this BS on twitter, albeit in a jokey manner, is concerning in itself.

• Love 10

I was so excited when the spider thing entered Katrina's mouth.  Finally she is going to turn evil and not forever be an energy-draining damsel in distress and the world's most inept witch ever.  But no, she's just growing Moloch inside her.  But doesn't Moloch already run around in a spooky body that likes to slap Henry around?  Why does he need to be in another body?  So confusing.

But then some brief hope.  Katrina is dying.  Die, witch, die!!  The writers are finally going to make the bold and highly popular move of having her and her energy-sucking presence gone from the show.  But no, it is CPR time.  Damn.  I think the only witchy thing about her is that she is so hard to kill off.

Moving away from the boring elephant in the room this episode ...  Loved the "I must internet, immediately!" line.  Must use it myself in the future.  Also Abbie's "try 666" cause what else would an evil club use.  Fun times with Abbie and Ichabod every time they are together.  Things come to a screeching halt every time a certain witch with no powers is in the scene.

I am so so so missing Jenny on the show.  Bring her back into the action.  Now.  Before now.  Before before now.  Make it so, writers!  Jenny was the character with an edge who isn't squeaky clean.  But suddenly she seems replaced in that niche by this totally useless new blonde-haired dude. 

And 5 seconds of Irving is not enough.  Why aren't they busy saving his soul instead of "As The Cranes Turn" soap opera stuff.  It was a Fantastic Four vs horsemen with automatic weapons joy ride last season.  Now the writers have totally dropped the ball with Jenny and Irving left with nothing to do.

Also keep the damn Headless Horseman headless.  He had far more personality back then.  (Someone blow-up that damn green necklace thing asap).  I so miss Headless out for a night on the town with his AK-47 and shotgun in tow.  Cap it off with a few old school axe chops.  Oh how I miss when he was one exciting party dude horseman.  But now even he has become boring from too long an association with Katrina.  (Maybe that is Katrina's real magic.  She drains the life out of everyone around her and turns the whole freaking world boring).

Also next week the stupid blonde-haired guy again?  Really?  No Jenny?  No Irving?  Just the new guy I don't care about.  Kill him off along with Katrina and they can appear for a max 5 seconds per episode walking hand-in-hand in some purgatory for boring characters I want off my TV screen. 

• Love 5

I struggle to take either of the sides seriously considering the bad guys know where the secret archives are and presumably where the witnesses live

and the good guys know Henry is living in that abandoned mansion and Headless is living wherever he's living.

Only Henry seems to make use of this knowledge sometimes to raid them for supplies for his nonsense.

These people are lame.

Katrina your son sucks... Ichabod your son and wife suck. Abbie Ichabod is a self involved prat about his family even when Henry has been indirectly responsible for the deaths of at least a dozen people already. Do the world a favor and shoot the Horseman of War in the face already.

I can only hope that next episode Katrina will remember she has magic and throw some fireballs at something instead of being a passive victim.

This show feels like it's dragging its feet going anywhere at all.

Edited by wayne67
  • Love 1

I can't bring myself to watch this latest episode that I DVR'd. I hate the Katrina character, not solely for her "lank red hair" and lack of a comb and hair pins (although that goes a long way.) I don't think I can take the goth corset and skinny jeans she ends up in. Does Ichabod comment on this outfit? Seems he should be scandalized. Abbie's skinny jeans are part of an appropriately action-ready outfit; the pictures of Katrina make me think her costume is meant (by the showrunners) to be provocative.

The Katrina character, for me, is like Megan on Mad Men. Although Katrina was in the original cast and Megan was not, she still has commandeered a major portion of the storytelling. Also, the actress is about as talented as Jessica Pare.

It's common knowledge that Matt Weiner is/was enamored of Jessica Pare and that's why her character came to figure so prominently in Mad Men. I'm beginning to think that someone at Fox or among the writers has a thing for Katia Winter.

Also, unlike many on this board, I don't have an appreciation for John Noble. I guess others know him and like him from another show which I apparently haven't seen. I think the character is not very interesting and Noble's acting is not anything special.

Most of all I regret that Nicole Beharie seems to be getting sidelined and Orlando Jones and Lyndie Greenwood are being shuttled off make room for stupid Katrina. And I miss seeing Abbie and Ichabod interact in the milieu of the Sleepy Hollow police force.

At this point I may not watch again and won't really care if the low ratings mean that this is the last season. I have a feeling that if it is the last season the endgame will be to reunite Ichabod and Katrina and we will have come to the end with no development and of course no payoff on the story of Abbie and her sister.

• Love 1