Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E05: Even Hell Has Two Bars (5) Never Block Cookies (6)

Lisin

"Even Hell Has Two Bars": Eliza and Henry engage in some questionable behavior while spending the weekend with no cell reception at the estate of their boss Sam Saperstein, who dangles a promotion in both of their faces.

"Never Block Cookies": Eliza observes Henry’s constant bad mood and lack of skills with women and becomes determined to get him some action, whether he wants it or not.

I don't know how Liza resisted Henry when he pulled her towards him. I would have been all over him.

Seconded. Swoon. The way she fled out of there was rather telling though.

The show is so cringey and cheesy but the leads are SO DAMN CHARMING. Also "I'm gonna block it" had me howling.

• Love 5

This show might have done better as a single season. Dramas are doing it (True Detective, Fargo, etc.), why not comedy? I bet if viewers knew it was one season, they'd tune in obsessively to see the Eliza-Henry inevitable true love hook up unfold.

• Love 2

I'm new to the site and forum. I couldn't watch this live so I recorded it BUT at the same time had my TV turned on to ABC. Does that count?

I really loved both episodes. I'm going to re-watch later.

The chemistry between the two is so good. 

• Love 2

I'm new to the site and forum. I couldn't watch this live so I recorded it BUT at the same time had my TV turned on to ABC. Does that count?

No, not unless you have a Neilsen box, and even then, I think you have to verify that you are actually present and watching.

• Love 1

Wow, John Cho really made my knees weak when he grabbed Eliza. Hotness- no wonder she ran off.

This show flies by. It's hilarious and all of the secondary characters are great as well.

• Love 5

The boss is freaking priceless.  What a weird but fun character.  Every episode he goes further off the chain!

The first episode telegraphed the Romantic Comedy a bit too much for my taste. "I have grown accustomed to your face" had to come at SOME point though I guess.

The second episode was the better of the two.  The Dynamic Nutty Duo of Eliza and Charmonique ("Cah-Caw, Cah-Caw!) is GREAT.

Anybody else notice that the "How are You?" is becoming an ongoing reference every episode?

Edited by Kromm
  • Love 4

I don't know why, but I just find something kind of brilliant about the casting of Natasha Henstridge as the boss' wife.  I can't remember if she was in the pilot or not (during the wedding), but when she showed up here, I was just like "Perfect choice!"  Forty years old and she still looks gorgeous!

I think I preferred the second episode, out of the two.  I remember not laughing as much during the first one, but it still had it's moments.  Maybe it was just a bit too sappy for me or something.  Second one though, made me laugh a lot.  Eliza and Charmonique's "quest" to get him laid was hilarious.  Looks like Henry found himself a love interest at the end though. (I missed the end credits, but was that his former Go On co-star, Allison Miller?  I heard she was showing up).

I do like that Terrence is starting to play a bigger role now.

Still, no matter what, John Cho and Karen Gillan are just killing it.  And, I really think they have great chemistry now.  I just hope this show has a chance to build on it, and ABC won't drop the hammer too quickly (realistically, I think it's done for, but I'm hoping it might even eek out one full season before it ends.)

Edited by thuganomics85
  • Love 5

I've gone from loving this show to full out obsessed in one night. A huge part of it is Henry and Eliza's chemistry because wow! When you set up a romcom, you hope the actors you cast are able to bring it and these two really work well together, not only in the more blatant waist-grabby moments, but in the friendship moments too. Gillan and Cho work so well together at everything.

But, I also have to credit these two episodes for really opening up the workplace and giving us hilarious moments with the other characters. We saw more of Saperstein and his family and they are a funny group. I died at the reaction when Henry cannonballed into the pristine lake. I also loved Larry answering for Henry when he thought Eliza was asking him out. And obviously Charmonique is fabulous. The workplace elements of the show are great and the more the writers let those characters shine, the better. 

• Love 3

Also "I'm gonna block it" had me howling.

That was hysterical. The actress delivered it perfectly. 

The first episode telegraphed the Romantic Comedy a bit too much for my taste. "I have grown accustomed to your face" had to come at SOME point though I guess.

The second episode was the better of the two.  The Dynamic Nutty Duo of Eliza and Charmonique ("Cah-Caw, Cah-Caw!) is GREAT.

I was concerned as the first episode went on that they would be pushing the romance too much too soon but it ended up feeling not overdone. I actually preferred the first episode but need to rematch both. I agree that the secondary characters are really shining and making the show so flavorful. 

Still, no matter what, John Cho and Karen Gillan are just killing it.  And, I really think they have great chemistry now.  I just hope this show has a chance to build on it, and ABC won't drop the hammer too quickly (realistically, I think it's done for, but I'm hoping it might even eek out one full season before it ends.)

They are  totally killing it - they chemistry is amazing. I always wonder when characters/actors click like that if its talent or chance or some combination. I hope we get at least a full season and am anxious to see today's ratings. 

I preferred the first episode, but both were good. Loved the picture in Saperstein's bedroom:

I didn't reven notice that it was actually Saperstein and his wife in the picture. HA!

• Love 1

This show is so perfect, it really deserves better ratings. There is nothing on television right now that gives me more genuine LOL moments. Cho and Gillan are terrific (extra points to Gillan for her physical comedy chops), but really the whole cast is just so strong.

Two of my favorite moments: Eliza's facial reaction when Saperstein confirms she's Henry's "plus one", and Charmonique's signal on the phone. "CaCAW! CaCAW!"

Also, it cracked me up when they arrived in a carriage. Because clearly they didn't take it all the way from the city. So everyone parks nearby, transfers their luggage, and makes their grand entrance via carriage? Hee!

I wonder why they switched the order on the episodes? It took me out of it a couple of times. Terrance has a promotion and then gets the promotion. Eliza clearly has feelings for Henry, and then doesn't get why she's blocking him. Weird.

• Love 5

Was that Allison Miller who played the Uber woman at the end of the episode? She and John Cho were on that Matthew Perry show last year. I love her! I love this show even more now.

ETA: Already confirmed by thuganomics85. More AM, please!

Edited by chinatown
  • Love 2

What really sells it is how Gillan, as Eliza, can be so shallow and unlikable one moment, then flip things on their head totally in about 5 seconds and have the viewers cheering for her.  The ability to do that is akin to having some magical talent to shit gold.  And she does it in pretty much every episode.  

I think every single person who ever doubted her acting ability should totally suck it after seeing her on this show.  The accent will always be a tiny bit dodgy, but that's the smallest part of her performance on this show.

Edited by Kromm
  • Love 6

What really sells it is how Gillan, as Eliza, can be so shallow and unlikable one moment, then flip things on their head totally in about 5 seconds and have the viewers cheering for her.

Completely agree. Her character is supposed to be unlikeable, but I find her totally endearing because Gillan totally sells it.

I really like that they fleshed out the other characters in the workplace and gave them their own storylines and get them involved. Everybody just works so well together and I really wish more people would give this show a chance.

Also, I really appreciate the diversity in Henry's love interests. Finally, the Asian guy gets to be the romantic lead! I can't talk about how much I love that and how freaking groundbreaking and refreshing it is.

Edited by Tangerine
  • Love 4

As funny as this show is, and I find a lot of it hilarious, I'm watching just as much -- if not more -- for the chemistry between Gillan and Cho. They're amazing together, seriously. Even their fights (even the fight in the church from the pilot) have seemed totally believable to me. Just like how real friends fight -- hurtful and rather gut-wrenching. The fight at Casa de Saperstein was also quite charged and intense, surprisingly so for a show that is billed as a fluffy, feel-good romcom (which it is, but so much more). They are both acting the hell out of their scenes together.

Totally breezy and madcap and mismatched duo on the surface, but what's really selling me is the loneliness and awkwardness and need for connection between Henry and Eliza.

I hate sitcoms/romcoms, always have, thought I always would. I absolutely adore this show.

And...How amazing are the little moments in this show? The part when Henry gulped after pulling Eliza close and how crushed he looked after she pulled away and tried to play it off as no big thang. When Eliza was so flustered that she took a sip of her beverage and then spit it back into the glass before dashing out. How half of the women at the Date Henry Event looked like Eliza and the other half like Charmonique. And when Saperstein admitted to his wife that he basically wanted Prince Akeem from "Coming to America" as his son-in-law instead of Terrence (a rugged blue-collar worker who turns out to be the prince of Zamunda LOL) -- all the '80s-'90s references and music have been slaying me, so awesome.

Edited by pamplemousse
  • Love 9

Loved both episodes!! Henry is so adorable! Good for him, sticking up for himself in the 2nd ep! Charmonique's bird call was great, and Sam is a delightful boss!

I loved how Henry seemed to try to find the least majestic horse there was to ride.

• Love 1

I forgot about their fight at the ranch- it was well acted and you could see how hurt Eliza was. They really have come a long way from the premiere. Also, Eliza's bootie dance was hilarious. I thought when she was sitting she was semi appropriately dressed because I just saw her red shirt, then she had leather shorts on. Too funny!

• Love 1

"I have grown accustomed to your face" had to come at SOME point though I guess.

I don't know whether to be disappointed or impressed the reference came this early in the show, and that they didn't waste it on something like an episode title. "Accustomed to your facebook" anyone?

I agree with an above poster, who thought this works well as a one-season comedy. I'm hoping the ratings will stabilize just enough for it to be picked up for the year, and given enough notice so it can be cancelled at the end of it. I actually can't see this as a multi-season comedy -- the pace they're going at is perfect for about 22 episodes of romantic tension, culminating in hopefully a "My Fair Lady" (as opposed to a "Pygmalion") ending.

Though I selfishly hope they keep working musical lyrics into the dialogue. "I was serenely independent and content before we met" sounds very much like something this Henry would say.

• Love 1

I don't know how Liza resisted Henry when he pulled her towards him. I would have been all over him.

That was so hot! *swoon!* I'm loving their chemistry and, yes, I ship them. I hope the show survives, so that I can see them getting together.

I also love the friendship between Charmonique and Eliza. They are pretty awesome together. Charmonique is great on her own too. 

I like it that Henry and Eliza have other interesting people, they can interact with. All the supporting characters are likeable, but I adore Sam, in particular. He's always so impredictable and hilarious!

• Love 3

Count me in as another one that finds the chemistry of the two leads fantastic on this show. It's hilarious on top of that and the way they are letting the other characters grow is so well done. I know it's shallow but Karen Gillian is just so hot. A beautiful red head that can do both verbal and physical comedy? Yeah my crush is pretty well sealed. Don't worry though it's not limited to her. I'm a married father in his mid 40's and if John Cho grabbed me like that I'd have been all in.

I do worry with how they can stretch this out without it getting annoying waiting for them to get together. It would w,ork better as a one season show but I'd be sad when it was over, so Ill just worry more about the show not getting cancelled.

• Love 8

I was a little thrown off by the order of the episodes. I thought I watched the recording wrong because Terrence was already promoted in the first one and then got promoted but whatever it was still very good. I actually re-watched all the episodes OnDemand last night.

I've always loved rom-coms and I was just saying a couple months ago that it seemed to have died out in Hollywood movies. This show is filling that hole in my heart and the best thing is it's like a very long rom-com movie. Please don't cancel it. Please let John Cho have a show that gets renewed (Sleepy Hollow doesn't count although he was good there too and the only reason I watched the pilot)

• Love 3

Finally, the Asian guy gets to be the romantic lead! I can't talk about how much I love that and how freaking groundbreaking and refreshing it is.

John Cho gave a great interview relating to that specific topic: Star Trek’s John Cho breaks barriers as romantic lead

Anybody else notice that the "How are You?" is becoming an ongoing reference every episode?

I love how they are doing that! I love things like that. Even the song Eliza danced to at the beginning of the first episode was the same song she sang when she came down to breakfast at the Saperstein house. 

Last night's ratings: MasterChef Junior Returns High, Boosts Fox Sitcoms; Selfie Steady

Not sure if steady is good enough to keep this show on the air but at least it's not declining. 

My main hope is for ABC to simply have realistic expectations for that timeslot.  If the show is doing okay compared to other similar half hour shows they've had in that slot, then they should be happy with it.  Keeping in mind, of course, that The Flash is brand new competition, that NCIS always slaughters pretty much everything else it's up against, and that The Voice also always scores high on that night before it turns into a simple Results broadcast.

And face it... it's a bad match for Agents of SHIELD.  

• Love 1

Oh man, I love this show so much.  Both of the leads are really endearing and the characters in the office are so funny.  I'm sort of suprised they are bringing in the romance so early, but I guess they have to in order to hook viewers.  I love it both ways, I love their friendship and I love their little budding romance.  I thought the order was backwards too, but minor nitpick.    So many little funny moments - the girl who "messed up her inventory", the cannonball into the lake reactions, a real leech, the way the boss was totally in on invading Henry's privacy.  But there were also so many sweet moments.  And when Henry grabbed Eliza, wow.

I'm also happy to see so much Karen Gillan love.  Those of us who love Doctor Who know how great she is.  If you are interested in watching one episode of Doctor Who to see her, I'd recommend Vincent and the Doctor.  There are so many great ones, but if I only had to pick one, that would be it.

• Love 5

This show works so well because of both the leads and supporting cast. Very rare these days in either sitcom or dramas to get that winning combination. Most times, the leads are great but the supporting cast don't. Then they try to push up the supporting cast and it fails. I really hope the show stabilizes, its a great show and I love watching it.

• Love 2

There's so many things about this show to love. I enjoy how in this show there's a really amusing instinct for the absurd, both in some of the lines/phrases the writers come up with and the way the actors deliver them (often deadpan and as throwaway lines) such as 'aromatic mammograms,' 'hand-curled koala fleece,' and Henry's idea to replace Charmonique and Joan with drones and move them to an office in Alburquerque because of corporate tax incentives (lolwhat). And basically everything Sam Saperstein says and does is absurdly funny ('you ever downloaded a bad episode of Burn Notice?' lolomg). I'm a fan of absurdist humor, so I appreciate those little ridiculous lines.

I also love the consistency in some of the characters' mannerisms and behavior. Like how Eliza always sticks her bottom lip out in a sorrynotsorry expression when she makes a crack about a celebrity like Gwenyth Paltrow in the pilot ep and Jessica Simpson trying to change her image when she was dating John Mayer. Or how she does that exaggerated bow with the arm waving/hand twirling specifically to Henry over several eps. And of course the HOW ARE YOU?! lol. How Henry has a habit of talking to inanimate objects as though they are sentient like yogurt and a three-hole punch, and the running joke about Henry and salads. And of course, how Saperstein keeps trying to throw Henry and Eliza together. I really love how after the episode where we find out why Eliza always eats standing up over a trash can, we have an episode that shows her and Henry sitting down at a table in the break room and eating lunch together (salads, natch) like normal people who have friends haha.

I love how smiley and cheerful Terrence always is and the sweet relationship between him and Maureen. I always notice them in the background being cute (and in-character as newlyweds) when they're in a scene.

Actually, I think this might be the first tv show in the history of ever where I didn't actively dislike/am annoyed by a character. I actually like (and in many cases, love) every single character that has been presented so far on this show. Even himbo Freddie amused me when he mimicked Henry's voice like a robot in the staff meeting.

ETA: Aw, darn it. I was hoping to see some more Power Rangers cosplay in a future ep! Mostly because it would mean I'd see more of Kevin -- I love that kid.

Edited by pamplemousse
  • Love 3

There's so many things about this show to love. I enjoy how in this show there's a really amusing instinct for the absurd, both in some of the lines/phrases the writers come up with and the way the actors deliver them (often deadpan and as throwaway lines) such as 'aromatic mammograms,' 'hand-curled koala fleece,' and Henry's idea to replace Charmonique and Joan with drones and move them to an office in Alburquerque because of corporate tax incentives (lolwhat). And basically everything Sam Saperstein says and does is absurdly funny ('you ever downloaded a bad episode of Burn Notice?' lolomg). I'm a fan of absurdist humor, so I appreciate those little ridiculous lines.

I also love the consistency in some of the characters' mannerisms and behavior. Like how Eliza always sticks her bottom lip out in a sorrynotsorry expression when she makes a crack about a celebrity like Gwenyth Paltrow in the pilot ep and Jessica Simpson trying to change her image when she was dating John Mayer. Or how she does that exaggerated bow with the arm waving/hand twirling specifically to Henry over several eps. And of course the HOW ARE YOU?! lol. How Henry has a habit of talking to inanimate objects as though they are sentient like yogurt and a three-hole punch, and the running joke about Henry and salads. And of course, how Saperstein keeps trying to throw Henry and Eliza together. I really love how after the episode where we find out why Eliza always eats standing up over a trash can, we have an episode that shows her and Henry sitting down at a table in the break room and eating lunch together (salads, natch) like normal people who have friends haha.

I love how smiley and cheerful Terrence always is and the sweet relationship between him and Maureen. I always notice them in the background being cute (and in-character as newlyweds) when they're in a scene.

Actually, I think this might be the first tv show in the history of ever where I didn't actively dislike/am annoyed by a character. I actually like (and in many cases, love) every single character that has been presented so far on this show. Even himbo Freddie amused me when he mimicked Henry's voice like a robot in the staff meeting.

Also...I don't know if spoilers are allowed in this thread, but the continuity in this show is really good because

I saw a picture online of when Karen Gillan did the ALS Bucket challenge and John Cho plus the kid who plays Kevin were holding buckets. All three of them were dressed in Power Ranger suits. Remember when Kevin asked Eliza if she wanted to play/dress up as Power Rangers? She said No then, but looks like in a future episode there will be some Power Rangers cosplay for Henry & Eliza lol.

Word. 

Also, no spoiler tags necessary. Per a tweet by Emily Kapnek there was an extended Power Rangers dance-off scene with Eliza, Henry and Charmonique's son in the episode where Eliza babysits that was cut for time and "being crazy." The clip was released following the episode. 

The show has grown so much since the pilot. This article reflects a lot of what's being said here, particularly around the deep bench of characters: Selfie Has Become A Great Show. I love all the positive media attention the show has been getting. I truly hope Selfie does not become next on my list of critically acclaimed but ratings-challenged shows. 

Fun trivia: the barista on last night's episode is John Cho's real life wife. 

Was that Allison Miller who played the Uber woman at the end of the episode? She and John Cho were on that Matthew Perry show last year. I love her! I love this show even more now.

Also a little meta that Eliza wanted to figure out a match for Henry based on his favorite Friend.

• Love 3

This and Black-ish are my 2 favorite shows right now -- not just favorite new shows.  I make a point of going to abc.com every week to (re)watch the new episodes, just to up the watch count.   I figure it can't hurt...

• Love 2

My goodness I love this show. Love, love, love it. These two episodes didn't reach the comic perfection of a few weeks ago, but I also think my expectations have really gotten high. I adore the leads, the supporting characters are first rate and there are so many little moments to savor in each episode. 

I think my favorite part was Henry walking into the bar and seeing it filled with Eliza and Charmonique clones. Hilarious. 

• Love 4

My goodness I love this show. Love, love, love it. These two episodes didn't reach the comic perfection of a few weeks ago, but I also think my expectations have really gotten high. I adore the leads, the supporting characters are first rate and there are so many little moments to savor in each episode. 

I won't use the "nothing will ever beat" language, because that's defeatist and unproductive, but if you are talking about "Nugget of Wisdom" (the "babysitting the kid with the Eddie Murphy laugh-cry" episode) then indeed the bar has been set ridiculously high now.  

That episode is about the finest episode of a sitcom I can ever remember one having within it's first quarter season.

If the Wikipedia Army inputting this stuff there is actually accurate (I know they aren't always though), then a summary of the ratings looks beyond bleak--it looks like it's already game over--the double broadcast actually made things worse:  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Selfie_(TV_series)#Ratings

If some superfan is going to mount a Save Our Show campaign for this... they'd better start about... now.

Edited by Kromm

I'm Team "Adequate notice before you cancel the show." Honestly, I just want an ending. I don't want the last episode to be, say, episode 10 that was written a week ago when they thought they might have a chance to complete the season.

Realistically, the show won't last the year -- not with 0.9s for its sixth episode -- but at least give it a chance to wrap up, and Emily Kapnek a chance to write a true series finale. That would be a more realistic fan campaign.

• Love 3

How great that the barista is John Cho's wife. She was really cute.

Ugh with tht ratings. Why do all the shows I like have to be cancelled. I honestly missed the show last week and was excited with the double episodes last night. I want Henry and Eliza to get their happy ending before t ends.

• Love 3

According to the ratings, the show is actually gaining viewers.  Hopefully that will be enough to get the show renewed.  I do agree that networks are really quick to cancel a show nowadays.  I miss how they use to let a show grow an audience.

• Love 1

According to the ratings, the show is actually gaining viewers.  Hopefully that will be enough to get the show renewed.  I do agree that networks are really quick to cancel a show nowadays.  I miss how they use to let a show grow an audience.

Again, I don't know how accurate the Wikipedia numbers are, and I could be misreading them.  But they seem to be saying it had a huge dip after the premiere (perfectly understandable--most shows do), but then dipped a second time with Episode 3's ratings.  The "increase in viewers" is only compared to Episode 3. They also seem to be saying that the 18-49 demographic (the one the advertisers care most about) is what's bottoming out the most.

I always have trouble finding these numbers all in one place.  I know TVByTheNumbers often has them, but not all in one place where you can compare week by week.

EDIT - Okay, looking at that grid more I can see that Episode 4 was the upswing.  It's Episodes 3, 5 and 6 that have been dreadful, and to be fair Episode 5 seems to have done better than 6 in total viewers (even though confusingly they're given the same 18-49 figures, which makes no sense--so maybe someone documented that wrong on that page).

Edited by Kromm

I don't understand why they flipped the order of these two episodes (Never Block Cookies was supposed to air first), especially since they aired on the same night.

One minor thing I really liked was Mrs. Saperstein insisting that her husband work out his issues and start being nicer to their new son in law. He makes their daughter happy and he seems like a nice enough guy so she was right to tell him to fix things.

Again, I don't know how accurate the Wikipedia numbers are, and I could be misreading them.  But they seem to be saying it had a huge dip after the premiere (perfectly understandable--most shows do), but then dipped a second time with Episode 3's ratings.  The "increase in viewers" is only compared to Episode 3. They also seem to be saying that the 18-49 demographic (the one the advertisers care most about) is what's bottoming out the most.

I always have trouble finding these numbers all in one place.  I know TVByTheNumbers often has them, but not all in one place where you can compare week by week.

EDIT - Okay, looking at that grid more I can see that Episode 4 was the upswing.  It's Episodes 3, 5 and 6 that have been dreadful, and to be fair Episode 5 seems to have done better than 6 in total viewers (even though confusingly they're given the same 18-49 figures, which makes no sense--so maybe someone documented that wrong on that page).

The # of millions changed because people probably thought the episode was over and decided to watch NCIS or maybe some election night coverage (Guessing NCIS because the 18-49 demo didn't change).

Edited by bros402

The # of millions changed because people probably thought the episode was over and decided to watch NCIS or maybe some election night coverage (Guessing NCIS because the 18-49 demo didn't change).

Wait.  You're saying old people (over 49) tuned to NCIS halfway through rather than watch a second episode? 

I'd sooner believe that kids under 18 suddenly all went to bed.

Neither explanation really explains the 18-49 staying the same but the total dipping by almost half a mil.  So something's wrong in those figures. It has to be.

That scene in the toilet in the second episode was beyond hilarious. I've literally had to gasp for air because of how much I laughed. I've generally liked it better, too - way funnier than the first. But both were pretty good, and the show continues to improve.

I thought 69 in Henry's password was the year of his birth, which made me worry about the age disparity between the leads a bit (it would be a bit too much for me, TBH), so I was glad to learn he just put it as a memorable date (which is so totally in character, he's such a dork).

Who was the woman at the end of ep2? She looked familiar.

I'm really, really hoping we'll get at least some sort of closure before the inevitable cancellation. The show deserves it.

• Love 1

Chemistry as always is subjective, but I just don't see it at all with the two leads. Granted, I've only watched the two most recent episodes, but I think that's more than enough to say I don't see an ounce of sexual/romantic chemistry there. Barely friendship chemistry even, since I'm being honest.

That said, the show is quirky and fun and I might tune in again, but due to the lack of  aforementioned sparks, I'd rather it ended with them going their separate ways or being with someone else.

There's a reason Eliza and Henry were not together romantically when My Fair Lady ended, and I do believe Pygmalion also ends with Eliza married/engaged to Freddy.

• Love 1

They are  totally killing it - they chemistry is amazing. I always wonder when characters/actors click like that if its talent or chance or some combination

John Cho and Karen Gillan met for the first time at the table reading for the pilot. They did not audition opposite each other before being cast, so it's amazing that their chemistry is so great.

I thought 69 in Henry's password was the year of his birth, which made me worry about the age disparity between the leads a bit (it would be a bit too much for me, TBH),

Henry is 39 years old - will be 40 years old in a few weeks, according to an episode press release. Eliza is around 25 - 28, I think.

Wait.  You're saying old people (over 49) tuned to NCIS halfway through rather than watch a second episode? 

Neither explanation really explains the 18-49 staying the same but the total dipping by almost half a mil.  So something's wrong in those figures. It has to be.

I know my dad would do something like that :P

I know my dad would do something like that :P

Wow I just watched those and they were amping up the romance.  I am not sure I am seeing it with Eliza (she almost seems to self absorbed to really let her feelings come to the surface) but Henry seems completely taken. John Cho does a great job here... this show really shows off how talented he is.

I liked the first episode better. Though it wasn't as funny. Still fun. Their boss is just hysterical.