Type keyword(s) to search

Bethenny Frankel: Skinny Girl

• Start Topic

23 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

Bethenny on the show said that it was her mother’s drink when she first ordered it.

The drink she watched her mother make for her diabetic friend + that cocktail recipe turned into a multi million dollar deal created by three men (Frankel's agent, manager and Kanbar) = "I did it on my own, and I busted my ass the whole way. It's been a long time coming." ~ Bethenny Frankel, giving all the credit where she believes it is due. 

Edited by film noire
  • Love 9

But Celia has a point - in the article you highlighted, Bethenny is clearly acknowledging Kanbar's involvement and assistance. 

People sometimes discuss their accomplishments without qualifying every accomplishment with a litany of who helped. I am getting a book ready for publication. I'm the author and while I am intensely grateful for the assistance of my editor and the beta readers and the writing instructor who encouraged me, if I am held to the standard Bethenny is, I would need to always include the acknowledgement whenever I spoke of it that there were people supporting me.

But the reality of the world is that these things are sometimes understood. Kenneth Chennault didn't rise to the position of CEO of American Express entirely by himself. He had help and isn't required to acknowledge that help all the time. Or look at Steve Jobs, who's already been mentioned and who clearly stepped on the backs of people who helped him rise and never really acknowledged it. This isn't that unusual. 

• Love 11
33 minutes ago, film noire said:

The drink she watched her mother make for her diabetic friend + that cocktail recipe turned into a multi million dollar deal created by three men (Frankel's agent, manager and Kanbar) = "I did it on my own, and I busted my ass the whole way. It's been a long time coming." ~ Bethenny Frankel, giving all the credit where she believes it is due. 

20 minutes ago, Rap541 said:

But Celia has a point - in the article you highlighted, Bethenny is clearly acknowledging Kanbar's involvement and assistance. 

I think it's important to note than in the Inc. article that's being quoted as evidence Bethenny is selfishly claiming she did it all on her own, she talks about more than just the Beam deal. She also references her initial decision to go on a reality show in the first place (everyone told her not to) and try to establish herself as an entrepreneur.  This quote being repeated where she says she busted her ass and did it on her own seems to me to be a reference to her entire career, not just the Beam deal specifically. Her words are being taken out of context to support the idea she is claiming all the credit for the Beam deal for herself, but she clearly isn't - she gives David Kanbar a lot of credit. She refers to him as her partner. If that's not sharing the credit, I don't know what is.

• Love 12
58 minutes ago, Rap541 said:

in the article you highlighted, Bethenny is clearly acknowledging Kanbar's involvement and assistance. 

No, not quite; she lists what he did, which is different than acknowledging it. The latter involves a thank you, a tip of the hat, etc. ("I did not do this on my own. Kanbar was crucial  to the success of SG, and without his talent, skill and business savvy, I'd be nowhere. I can't thank him enough for bringing my dream to life.") 

And in the very same article she takes sole credit for SG (the "acorn"):  "I took one little acorn of an idea, and when people said, "No, no, no," I said, "Yes, yes, yes." I worked hard, I did it on my own, and I busted my ass the whole way. It's been a long time coming." 

That's the mind of a narc --  so lost in herself, she takes sole credit for SG,  even while listing the people who actually got the deal done - and she can do that because what they did (in her mind) had nothing to do with what she sees herself as having achieved, all on her own.

In a weird way, it's akin to how she sees Jason - she's Bryn's sole parent, and he's just the (much more loathed) Kanbar/Wald of insemination.

eta: congrats on the book!

Edited by film noire
  • Love 14
1 hour ago, film noire said:

No, not quite; she lists what he did, which is different than acknowledging it. The latter involves a thank you, a tip of the hat, etc. ("I did not do this on my own. Kanbar was crucial  to the success of SG, and without his talent, skill and business savvy, I'd be nowhere. I can't thank him enough for bringing my dream to life.") 

And in the very same article she takes sole credit for SG (the "acorn"):  "I took one little acorn of an idea, and when people said, "No, no, no," I said, "Yes, yes, yes." I worked hard, I did it on my own, and I busted my ass the whole way. It's been a long time coming." 

That's the mind of a narc --  so lost in herself, she takes sole credit for SG,  even while listing the people who actually got the deal done - and she can do that because what they did (in her mind) had nothing to do with what she sees herself as having achieved, all on her own.

In a weird way, it's akin to how she sees Jason - she's Bryn's sole parent, and he's just the (much more loathed) Kanbar/Wald of insemination.

eta: congrats on the book!

We can debate how much credit she needed to give Kanbar, but the guy’s job is to, for a percentage, help entrepreneurs turn their ideas into marketable, salable product.  He got his percentage.  I look.more at B firing the other guy who would be due a percentage, days before the deal.  She had to know she was about to close the deal, and she tried to stiff the guy.  I vaguely recall she had some claims that he stayed involved after she thought he’d be out, but she had a contract she broke when it would most benefit her financially.  And that doesn’t sit well with me.

there are people who share, and people who don’t.  B is the latter.  Not a positive trait.

• Love 8

She could instagram herself watching, making comments, and laughing at herself,...

...and crying. Because there's always crying.

Now this commenter is saying the same thing.

The commenter did not say the same thing.

I do remember them saying that they are old enough to be Beth's mother, so definitely not Kelly. (Because none of these broads are going to even pretend they're a day older than their age.)

Who knows if these BIs are true, but the accuracy of the Luann one would indicate that the site does have a credible HW source.

CDAN has revealed one of the blinds to be Andy and Bethenny:

That YT link in the comments...whoa.

• Love 1

I wonder how many people here started out (as I did) as Bethenny fans. I used to really like her and I'm not sure but at some point she crossed the line from fun to not fun at all and just bitter and, well, ugly. I feel bad for her situation with Dennis, but there is no going back. I see her now for who she really is and it's not nice. I am done with her.

I used to be a huge Lu fan, too, but she crossed the line with her arrest and the situation with her kids and other incidents. She does not hold herself accountable. She wanted that house in the Catskills so badly that she was willing to screw her kids over. At some point, as someone in the Carole thread said, the blinders come off and the love just isn't there anymore. 

Ramona and Carole, I go back and forth. They entertain me, they piss me off and annoy me, but they haven't crossed that line enough times to make me full on turn against them.

I don't care enough about Tinsley or Sonja either way. Tinsley and Scott, Sonja and her diapers. Meh.  I would not care if they were replaced. They are just filler. I did come close to hating on Sonja when she disposed of her pets so easily. One strike, Sonja.

I wasn't sure where to post this but the bottom line is, I wonder what the turning point was for people who were Beth fans to just being done with her.

I must say, the more I see of Beth, the more she gives me fuel to think less of her. The latest was taking Bryn on that boat without a life jacket. It's the equivalent of driving your kid around without a seatbelt.  Just irresponsible and reprehensible. Nothing short of negligence. Shame on her.

Edited by Happy Camper
  • Love 16
1 hour ago, Happy Camper said:

I wonder how many people here started out (as I did) as Bethenny fans. I used to really like her and I'm not sure but at some point she crossed the line from fun to not fun at all and just bitter and, well, ugly. I feel bad for her situation with Dennis, but there is no going back. I see her now for who she really is and it's not nice. I am done with her.

I used to be a huge Lu fan, too, but she crossed the line with her arrest and the situation with her kids and other incidents. She does not hold herself accountable. She wanted that house in the Catskills so badly that she was willing to screw her kids over. At some point, as someone in the Carole thread said, the blinders come off and the love just isn't there anymore. 

Ramona and Carole, I go back and forth. They entertain me, they piss me off and annoy me, but they haven't crossed that line enough times to make me full on turn against them.

I don't care enough about Tinsley or Sonja either way. Tinsley and Scott, Sonja and her diapers. Meh.  I would not care if they were replaced. They are just filler. I did come close to hating on Sonja when she disposed of her pets so easily. One strike, Sonja.

I wasn't sure where to post this but the bottom line is, I wonder what the turning point was for people who were Beth fans to just being done with her.

I must say, the more I see of Beth, the more she gives me fuel to think less of her. The latest was taking Bryn on that boat without a life jacket. It's the equivalent of driving your kid around without a seatbelt.  Just irresponsible and reprehensible. Nothing short of negligence. Shame on her.

I started out a fan of BF, can't really say when it turned, but basically since she returned to RHO.  I wouldn't cross the street to give Ramona CPR with my foot.  I think Sonja is about as big a phony as it gets, but I'm meh about her.  Luann is losing me, probably has lost me due to her shenanigans and lack of accountability for same.  I like Tinsley, mostly because she doesn't have an axe to grind, which make her unique to this business model.  Hoping they don't alter her character for the future.  Dorinda needs to quit drinking.  I really liked her when she started, but it's difficult to see past her issues now.  I haven't seen the things about Carole that has so many in a state about her.  To each their own.  I didn't find her integral to the plot, so I won't really miss her presence.  

All in all, I'm rather tired of all of the RHOs.  The concept is growing whiskers and needs a reboot across the board imo.

• Love 7
2 hours ago, Happy Camper said:

I wasn't ever a fan but I knew there was no going back for me after Scary Island.

Kelly was clearly having a breakdown of some sort at dinner. After she was gone, Bethenny started jumping up and down and laughing and high-fiving the other women screaming that she was right - that Kelly was crazy.  Told them that she'd always known that something was wrong with her. It was just cruel. Beyond.

That said, I can have compassion for what Beth's going through now, I just don't like her and can't imagine I ever will.

I hope someone will ask the same question about Carole someday  My answer will be: again, never a fan but today was the day that Carole lost me completely and forever. I'm surprised she was able to keep her hatefulness so under wraps until after she was off the show. Her cruelty by retweeting and commenting about Bethenny, so soon after her loss is beyond the pale.

I've never disliked a hw more, from start to finish, than Dorinda. But she lost me, believe it or not, because of her facial expressions during the Clip! Clip! scene. Her face just screamed, Psycho. My tolerance is low, I know.  LOL.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, Happy Camper said:

She just got overly mean, IMO. She has always had a razor-sharp wit, but since she came back to the show she is just vicious.

I'll admit, too, that I've never quite forgiven her for wailing about being homeless while she owned at least two different properties, crying about her fibroid procedure because she didn't want Bryn to live with them, slut-shaming Lu while dating a married man, filming the whole mess with Cookie instead of acting like a grown-up and getting help for her dog/calming her daughter, trying to blame Carole for their friendship implosion, and just generally being a nasty know-it-all.

• Love 22
9 minutes ago, Rosiejuliemom said:

She just got overly mean, IMO. She has always had a razor-sharp wit, but since she came back to the show she is just vicious.

I'll admit, too, that I've never quite forgiven her for wailing about being homeless while she owned at least two different properties, crying about her fibroid procedure because she didn't want Bryn to live with them, slut-shaming Lu while dating a married man, filming the whole mess with Cookie instead of acting like a grown-up and getting help for her dog/calming her daughter, trying to blame Carole for their friendship implosion, and just generally being a nasty know-it-all.

Other than that Mrs. Lincoln, what did you think of the play?  lol  (-;

• Love 8
23 hours ago, artisto said:

@film noire

You just happen to be the best investigative reporter evah.

download.jpg.83081bfe03c0ce0bdc04ffe4962c47b1.jpg

Sold in America! ; )

16 hours ago, Happy Camper said:

I wonder how many people here started out (as I did) as Bethenny fans.

I thought she was fresh, funny, and I loved her looks.

She was also both self-deprecating and self-aware (which imo made her humour pointed, but not vicious). And I applauded her ambition; she was unapologetic about wanting more, and wanting it in a very "unladylike" way that I found compelling to watch (especially in a reality tv landscape of women behaving like it was 1950 redux, with the addition of boob jobs and public drunken tirades). She wasn't dainty or girlish in her ambition; she was hungry, and not afraid to show it.  All of it was interesting to watch and easy to find engaging, imo.  The first year she returned to RHoNY, I defended her, but something changed over that season, for me, and it became harder to ignore that she'd gotten mean and dismissive and her humor had turned sour.  And she got worse with every passing season. Slut-shaming. Anorexia-shaming. Tweeting about false accusations of rape. The list of her ugly moments is long and dreary, and there's always somebody she's trying to hurt or shame or degrade.

I wish she'd never come back, if only because the person she once was would side eye who she's become -- how sad for the woman with the pretty smile and big dreams, who never expected to become someone her younger self would find unbearable.

Edited by film noire
  • Love 15
6 minutes ago, film noire said:

Sold in America! ; )

I thought she was fresh, funny, and I loved her looks.

She was also both self-deprecating and self-aware (which imo made her humour pointed, but not vicious). And I applauded her ambition; she was unapologetic about wanting more, and wanting it in a very "unladylike" way that I found compelling to watch (especially in a reality tv landscape of women behaving like it was 1950 redux, with the addition of boob jobs and public drunken tirades). She wasn't dainty or girlish in her ambition; she was hungry, and not afraid to show it.  All of it was interesting to watch and easy to find engaging, imo.  The first year she returned to RHoNY, I defended her, but something changed over that season, for me, and it became harder to ignore that she'd gotten mean and dismissive and her humor had turned sour.  And she got worse with every passing season. Slut-shaming. Anorexia-shaming. Mocking people's looks.  Trying to humiliate Luann on camera about Tom.  Tweeting about false accusations of rape. The list of her ugly moments is long and dreary, and there's always somebody she's trying to hurt or shame or degrade.

I wish she'd never come back, if only because the person she once was would sideye who she's become -- how sad for the woman with the pretty smile and big dreams, who never expected to become someone her younger self would find unbearable.

I was really rallying for her at the beginning as well. She has become worse each year. Her head has grown two sizes too big and her heart two sizes too small. Her exaggerations are ridiculous and when someone calls her out on her bullshit she goes on the attack and turns into a monster. It is easy to see why so many of her relationships have turned sour. Once people figure out who she really is they run for the hills. Carole sees her, Ramona sees her, The Jasons see her. Even Dennis saw her because in his own words they broke up all the time. 

Sonja sees her but chooses to turn the other cheek only because she needs her. Sonja is a nobody and dispensable. Nobody cares much about her opinion. She's just plain silly and delusional. Luann doesn't care. She has her own shit to deal with.

I hope Bethenny doesn't come back. I think she will because she needs to be on TV. She needs it for her brand, her business and her ego. It won't be long before she is Instagraming (while Bryn is in the background trying to get her attention) every 10 minutes again. 

I noticed that Dennis' wife has made her Instagram private. Good for her. She can go back to her life that she enjoyed before Bethenny and Dennis threw her and her family into the spotlight. Jason is also smart to keep his life private.

I think that Bethenny's need to have her life on display through social media and the RHNY show is eventually going to backfire on her, because she is getting more and more careless about what she puts out there. Her filter is getting thinner. 

She needs to mind what shit she puts out there. It can't be undone. It can be used against her. It will be interesting to see what unfolds next March.

• Love 12
23 hours ago, Rap541 said:

People sometimes discuss their accomplishments without qualifying every accomplishment with a litany of who helped. I am getting a book ready for publication. I'm the author and while I am intensely grateful for the assistance of my editor and the beta readers and the writing instructor who encouraged me, if I am held to the standard Bethenny is, I would need to always include the acknowledgement whenever I spoke of it that there were people supporting me.

But the reality of the world is that these things are sometimes understood. Kenneth Chennault didn't rise to the position of CEO of American Express entirely by himself. He had help and isn't required to acknowledge that help all the time. Or look at Steve Jobs, who's already been mentioned and who clearly stepped on the backs of people who helped him rise and never really acknowledged it. This isn't that unusual. 

Exactly. I’m a retired business woman from a male dominated field.  Reading these posts, all I kept thinking of was men have been doing this to women since the dawn of time. That Bethenny is successful is a great accomplishment and she deserves to claim it all. We don’t know the details behind every decision she made along the way. If I had to recount the number of attempted assaults, stalking, etc., I sideswiped by cutting off a man’s access to part of my professional life, people would rethink. At least I certainly hope so. 

To give another accomplished woman her due, I highly recommend a new book by Kate Manne entitled Down Girl. It’s all about misogyny and sexism. I think it may help with understanding B. 

• Love 9
5 hours ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

Other than that Mrs. Lincoln, what did you think of the play?  lol  (-;

Laura Keene was simply lovely!

ETA: I was born and raised in the only town named after Lincoln before he became president. I do enjoy my Lincoln trivia.

Edited by Rosiejuliemom
  • Love 3
19 hours ago, Sunfield said:

If I had to recount the number of attempted assaults, stalking, etc., I sideswiped by cutting off a man’s access to part of my professional life, people would rethink. 

Not sure what sexual assault has to do with Frankel's claim that she did it all on her own -- are you saying she was sexually harassed by these men? 

It’s all about misogyny and sexism. I think it may help with understanding B. 

Perhaps Bethenny should read the book to understand other women -- maybe that would have stopped her from responding to #metoo movement with the lie that women falsely report rape.

Laura Keene was simply lovely!

LOL

Edited by film noire
  • Love 6
4 minutes ago, film noire said:

Perhaps Bethenny should read the book to understand other women  - maybe that would have stopped her from responding to #metoo with the lie that women falsely report rape.

That was so low for Bethenny to go. Inexcusable. Shocking. Another example of putting something out there that can't be taken back. Shame on her.

• Love 9
28 minutes ago, film noire said:

Perhaps Bethenny should read the book to understand other women -- maybe that would have stopped her from responding to #metoo with the lie that women falsely report rape

Except that wasn’t the tweet.  The tweet was in reponse to a widely reported false accusation, man in prison, headlines.  I do think it was clumsy but it was not a lie that women falsely report rape.  It was about a set of headlines about women that had lied, put men behind bars.  It was in January of this year and there were some convictions overturned.  Here is the complete tweet:

“I’ve just read many stories of women falsely accusing men of rape. The women bending the truth drown out the voices of the women who really need to be heard now and forever.”

• Love 9

So, Bethenny doesn't give others enough credit for her success, when in article after article she clearly acknowledges what and who helped her get to where she was.  If that's the case, then what about Ramona, who is clearly leaving out the fact that her father gave her the money to start her first business in the reunion when she's on her tear about how she is all self made?  Ramona didn't mention the fact that she had a parent who was able to give her (and, it might have been loaned and paid back, but, the fact remains that it's a huge boost), a substantial amount of money to start off the business she created, and yet she's claiming she's self made and crowing about it while "Bethenny had a rich father who sent her to college"  

• Love 10
8 minutes ago, QuinnM said:

Except that wasn’t the tweet.  The tweet was in reponse to a widely reported false accusation, man in prison, headlines.  I do think it was clumsy but it was not a lie that women falsely report rape.  It was about a set of headlines about women that had lied, put men behind bars.  It was in January of this year and there were some convictions overturned.  Here is the complete tweet:

“I’ve just read many stories of women falsely accusing men of rape. The women bending the truth drown out the voices of the women who really need to be heard now and forever.”

Thanks for explaining what happened.  

I didn't know the details but assumed that Bethenny was being made into a villain (again).

• Love 8
1 minute ago, AnnA said:

Thanks for explaining what happened.  

I didn't know the details but assumed that Bethenny was being made into a villain (again).

But it’s not nearly as much fun I guess.  I’ve got to hand it to her, she never deleted the tweet.  And like I said it was a little clumsy.  But she also didn’t tag #metoo.  So that’s good.

• Love 10
17 minutes ago, QuinnM said:

But it’s not nearly as much fun I guess.  I’ve got to hand it to her, she never deleted the tweet.  And like I said it was a little clumsy.  But she also didn’t tag #metoo.  So that’s good.

I think that this just goes back to perception based on who people are backing. If Carole had made this comment it's likely that it would have been a different response.

Actually, if Sonja, Luann, Dorinda or Ramona had made this statement, I would have had the same reaction. Disappointed and shocked.

It's not about Bethenny. It's about the statement. Nothing fun about it.

• Love 6
8 hours ago, QuinnM said:

widely reported false accusation, man in prison, headlines.  

It was about a set of headlines about women that had lied, put men behind bars.  It was in January of this year and there were some convictions overturned.  

Nowhere in her tweet is there any reference to headlines about a false accusation. 

Nor did she tweet her rape comment in response to a retweet about any such "man in prison,  headlines" false rape accusation. And she never answered when repeatedy asked if her comment was in response to something specific  -- comments like this went ignored and unanswered:

Lucyferloo‏ @lucyferloo Jan 28:    Please link to what caused this seemingly disappointing tweet. Trying to give you the benefit of the doubt (unlike what many do to women who have just became brave enough to speak up).

I like light‏ @LaelKelty Jan 28:    Where did you read these "stories" Bethenny? I've held mine in for years... precisely because of opinions like yours. How do you KNOW they aren't the truth??

I'm also confused how her comment would relate to such a headline -- how do a few stories =  "many stories of women falsely accusing men of rape"? 

And if she's riffing on this unmentioned story,  it was an odd time to draw attention to it as some kind of crucial issue, imo. The world was awash in a #metoo sea of documented rapists and molesters in January -- most notably that monster in Michigan  -- and that's when Frankel decides to talk about the many stories of false rape accusations she's read? Maybe she could have waited to tweet about this vital issue for a few days -- at least until after Larry Nassar's 158 victims had a moment to feel  deep relief that they were believed, and their rapist jailed and sentenced to the hell he deserves.

Regardless, her point (sadly) still stands:  in Frankel's world,  she's read many stories of women falsely accusing men of rape.  In my world, I've read many, many stories of rape -- brutal, vicious, sometimes murderous -- and know that the incidence of false accusations is miniscule,  not "many". 

Maybe she needs to start reading better sourced material to understand that.

It's not about Bethenny. It's about the statement.

Yes. And in this day and age, it's horrifying to me that we are still having to shout from the rooftops that false accusations of rape are a rare story, not "many stories".

Edited by film noire
  • Love 9

Thanks for explaining what happened.  I didn't know the details.

I assumed that Bethenny was being made into a villain (again).

frankel noted.jpeg

:) 

No need to villainize Frankel -- her own words did that, AnnA. 

(And I will say this for that tweet; for once, social media behaved well re: schooling ignorance. In response to her tweet, there are "Bitches lie about rape all the time! Thanks for saying it!" tweets, but for the most part, she's rebutted/asked to clarify herself fairly and calmly. And if she does not believe what she tweeted as a general rule, just as a one time comment about a single unidentified news headline, I wish she had engaged with the people questioning her and made that clear. Rape, and how victims are often disbelieved, is too big an issue to not clarify what "many stories" means.)

Edited by film noire
  • Love 7
50 minutes ago, film noire said:

She's as big an asshole as Bethenny.

As far as I know, Bethenny hasn't ever thrown glass or an oar at anyone for messing with her blowout, so I'd argue that Ramona is probably the bigger asshole, but, we can disagree.  LOL!

My point, though, is (and this isn't really directed at you FN, though you are quoted), people are really pretty quick to take Bethenny's words and say that she's lying or omitting things.  But other people do it just the same and it's kind of brushed off.  Yet Bethenny needs to have documentation in triplicate for anything she says or does, and even then some people will still say "doesn't matter, I wouldn't believe her because she said she was raised by wolves"  

• Love 11
8 hours ago, Happy Camper said:

Bethenny Ever After.  I was done with Miss Lost at Sea.  And then....she comes back to RHNY.  No.  Just no.

• Love 10

I'm not excusing the drink throwing.  But, did she throw the glass too, or just the liquid? 

And, everyone trashes Bethenny for the lost at sea and says that's how we know she can't be seen as reliable for anything.  Yet, Jason was on that boat and Jason said he was lost at sea.  Somehow, Jason is also a font of truth and crusader of justice who would never, ever, ever leak to the press.  (But, yet can't flush the potty.)

• Love 10
17 minutes ago, smores said:

I'm not excusing the drink throwing.  But, did she throw the glass too, or just the liquid? 

And, everyone trashes Bethenny for the lost at sea and says that's how we know she can't be seen as reliable for anything.  Yet, Jason was on that boat and Jason said he was lost at sea.  Somehow, Jason is also a font of truth and crusader of justice who would never, ever, ever leak to the press.  (But, yet can't flush the potty.)

Quite honestly, when did Jason say he was lost at sea?  But why would that even matter?   If you can give your coordinates, you're not 'lost' and that's what was given to the Coast Guard.  I remember Beth talking about it.  Especially when she was on the Ellen show and Ellen was kind of looking at her with a side eye.  I remember the Tow Boat USA guy talking about the truth of the situation (he had their coordinates and found them quite easily) and then he got a Cease and Desist letter. 

If we want to get into Beth's recall of events and accuracy...well let's start with her latest account of the fifteen foot wave that came at the boat in Columbia that no one else mentions.  Fifteen feet?  That's two stories.

Edited by breezy424
  • Love 9

The very same episode that everyone uses to insist that Bethenny is lying about it?  I mean, he appeared in the same show with her and didn't come back and denounce it or say "oh, no, that never happened"  So, yeah, he's always getting a pass for making the same statement OR passing off the same plotline on a show that Bethenny gets crucified for.  If she isn't reliable due to that statement, well, then it has to call into question his veracity as well.  

• Love 6
22 minutes ago, smores said:

The very same episode that everyone uses to insist that Bethenny is lying about it?  I mean, he appeared in the same show with her and didn't come back and denounce it or say "oh, no, that never happened"  So, yeah, he's always getting a pass for making the same statement OR passing off the same plotline on a show that Bethenny gets crucified for.  If she isn't reliable due to that statement, well, then it has to call into question his veracity as well.  

At the same time, he didn't say he agreed?  Or did he?  It doesn't really matter because the truth is that Beth made a big deal out of being lost at sea.  Why is this on Jason?  It's on Beth.  It doesn't matter what Jason thought.  It doesn't 'change' Beth's claims. 

• Love 8

See, this is exactly my point.  They jointly do a show where the plot is they go on a boat that "gets lost at sea" together.  Now, whether it was real, whether it was a staged thing for the show and they knew it, whether someone sabotaged things and they thought it was real when it was happening and later found out it wasn't, whether any number of other things are true, both of them were on the show with a plot line of "we were lost at sea"  After the show airs, neither Bethenny nor Jason say that they were not lost at sea.  So now, for some reason, Bethenny is a lying liar who lies, because SHE was on a boat, claiming to be lost at sea WITH JASON, but, somehow, Jason, who was right there, on the boat, on the show, that put forth that plot line, and therefore, doing exactly the same thing that Bethenny did, is somehow NOT a lying liar who lies, because, "it's on Bethenny"  I mean, he was literally right there on the show with her.  If she is guilty of this, then he is also guilty of it, because they did it together.  

• Love 7
19 minutes ago, smores said:

See, this is exactly my point.  They jointly do a show where the plot is they go on a boat that "gets lost at sea" together.  Now, whether it was real, whether it was a staged thing for the show and they knew it, whether someone sabotaged things and they thought it was real when it was happening and later found out it wasn't, whether any number of other things are true, both of them were on the show with a plot line of "we were lost at sea"  After the show airs, neither Bethenny nor Jason say that they were not lost at sea.  So now, for some reason, Bethenny is a lying liar who lies, because SHE was on a boat, claiming to be lost at sea WITH JASON, but, somehow, Jason, who was right there, on the boat, on the show, that put forth that plot line, and therefore, doing exactly the same thing that Bethenny did, is somehow NOT a lying liar who lies, because, "it's on Bethenny"  I mean, he was literally right there on the show with her.  If she is guilty of this, then he is also guilty of it, because they did it together.  

Again, if you think Jason was complacent in this, what does that matter?  It doesn't change Beth's claims of being lost at sea.  It's not about Jason being guilty.  Maybe he is (I don't recall him saying that he was lost at sea) but that doesn't change Beth's guilt and that's my point.  He wasn't out there doing interviews about it.  Beth was.  I don't understand the putting the blame on Jason whether he was complacent or not.  That doesn't change Beth's guilt or innocence. 

• Love 8

It is to me, though, and I suspect to some other people.  I feel that Bethenny gets held to some sort of bizarre standard where every single word she says is dissected and diagrammed and if there's some small shred of whatever, then she's lying and HA! got her again!  See: "raised by wolves" I mean, first, duh, raise your hand if you thought she meant it literally?  Ok, no one?  Great, glad we settled it.  Second, as other people have pointed out, you can have parents who are physically alive and there, and even buy you stuff, but, they still suck as parents.  But, it seems like because Bethenny isn't showing pictures of herself in a clearing surrounded by wolves blowing out candles of some mud-pie birthday cake or pictures of herself in a hospital bed covered in bruises and a bodycast after being beaten by a parent, then she just had a perfect childhood with ideal parents who weren't at all abusive or neglectful.  Despite the fact that her stepfather has publicly acknowledged her having a rough childhood.  

So, then you have something like the boat incident, and Bethenny is consistently raked over the coals as a liar for claiming to have been lost at sea.  But, time after time, Jason is held out as a person who is truthful, based on the show.  And because he supposedly doesn't ever leak things to the media.  Even when there are "sources close to Hoppy" that's clearly not him or engineered by him.  He's always given a pass, because somehow everyone JUST KNOWS he's honest.  And, my question is, how?  Somehow Bethenny is a lying liar who lies and the proof of it is stuff like the "lost at sea" "raised by wolves" and things like that, and yet, in a case like lost at sea, Jason was just as in on it as she was, but he's still a reliable truth teller?  

If it doesn't matter to you, that's cool.  But, to me, there's a double standard that gets old.  

• Love 13

But it does make Jason also guilty, so when he's held up as the always honest, always stating the truth fellow... where was he when Bethenny was saying they were lost at sea? I mean, he's a grown man who didn't say boo as his wife openly lied and we all should applaud his *honesty*?

He was on the boat right? He didn't say a word when Bethenny said he and she were lost at sea right? 

Is that Jason being honest?

• Love 8
14 minutes ago, Rap541 said:

He was on the boat right? He didn't say a word when Bethenny said he and she were lost at sea right? 

I thought that was in a TH? He isn’t on SM and hasn’t directly responded to any gossip stories, there was no reunion where would he refute it?

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 4

OMG.  No one is applauding Jason in this.  I don't know what his opinion is. Or his 'guilt'.  I don't recall Jason having any opinion on this but 'that' is not what this is about.

This doesn't change the facts of my original statement. The fact is that Beth claimed to be lost at sea.  Period.  It has nothing to do with Jason.  I could give a 'f' about Jason's opinion.  He didn't' say anything and that is not the crux of the argument.   The fact is that they weren't 'lost at sea'.  If you can give the Coast Guard your coordinates or Tow Boat USA your coordinates, you're not 'lost'.  Plain and simple. 

• Love 8

Why is it so shocking and terrible to expect Jason to speak the truth when Bethenny lies openly? She said they were lost at sea and Jason said nothing as she lied. He was there. They weren't "lost at sea" to where Bethenny is a liar... so his standing mute is... honorable?

I mean, he said *nothing* as she lied about *their* being lost at sea. And his supporters have NO opinion even though this is often cited as one of Bethenny's lies? 

Was poor honorable Jason somehow forced into silence?

1 minute ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

Okay then, so Jason stood by silently as his wife lied about being lost at sea, allowing this big sham to be perpetrated.

Whadda guy, lol

I know! He's so sweet and innocent and not complicit at all! :D

• Love 5
1 minute ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

Okay then, so Jason stood by silently as his wife lied about being lost at sea, allowing this big sham to be perpetrated.

Whadda guy, lol

Weren’t they already seperated when it aired? So actually him not calling her out would indicate restraint on his part which is surprise coming from him.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 5
6 hours ago, smores said:

I'd argue that Ramona is probably the bigger asshole, but, we can disagree.  LOL!

Heh; )

Ramona should have been fired for that, imo -- I'm glad she's still around (she's become far less belligerent) but that shit was beyond.

people are really pretty quick to take Bethenny's words and say that she's lying or omitting things.

But other people do it just the same and it's kind of brushed off. 

I don't think that's true -- Carole's honesty has been subjected to the same level of attention -- we've had dozens and dozens of posts over the years about her duplicity (perceived or proven). Off the top of my head, I remember heated discussions about her lying about her career, her relationship with Adam, lying about telling Luann about her relationship with Adam, lying about Clooney,  Bessette Kennedy, quitting the show,  writing What Remains, her deal for The Widow's Guide,  lying about Jason on Bethenny's behalf,  lying about where she was last summer and for how long,  edible lavender, "friends with benefits" -- and on and on. 

Luann has also been accused of lying about almost everything from (deep breath!)  her marriage to the Count to the pirate to the "ride home with the Italians" to Jacques/making a baby to the Skinnygirl naming to her marriage to Tom to having sex in a hotel room to kicking cops to stealing from her kids to faking rehab. 

6 hours ago, smores said:

I mean, he appeared in the same show with her and didn't come back and denounce it or say "oh, no, that never happened"  

Pretty sure if Jason had done that,  everybody would be trashing him as piece of worthless shit who publicly kneecapped his own wife, not praising his boy scout honesty ;)  

Edited by film noire
  • Love 8
1 minute ago, film noire said:

Pretty sure if Jason had done that,  everybody would be trashing him as piece of worthless shit who publicly kneecapped his own wife, not praising his honesty ;)

Considering he'd be backing up the whole "Bethenny lied about being lost at sea" no, I don't think people who despise Bethenny would be trashing him... I think they'd be delighted to use his comments to prove their point.  :)

• Love 6
6 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

Weren’t they already seperated when it aired? So actually him not calling her out would indicate restraint on his part which is surprise coming from him.

Does it signify restraint? Or does it signify a douchebag who is willing to happily stand by while his soon-to- be ex-wife lies her ass off in order to generate publicity because he thinks it will mean more money in his pocket down the line as he cashes in on her fame?

• Love 7
3 minutes ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

Does it signify restraint? Or does it signify a douchebag who is willing to happily stand by while his soon-to- be ex-wife lies her ass off in order to generate publicity because he thinks it will mean more money in his pocket down the line as he cashes in on her fame?

The “lost at sea” being a lie wasn’t something that lined anyone’s pocket or generated much mainstream attention, so yes choosing to not call her out as a liar does indicate restraint. To cash in on her fame he could have sold a story about what happened showing she was a liar but he didn’t. 

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 6
5 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

The “lost at sea” being a lie wasn’t something that lined anyone’s pocket or generated much mainstream attention, so yes choosing to not call her out as a liar does indicate restraint. To cash in on her fame he could have sold a story about what happened showing she was a liar but he didn’t. 

Edited 1 minute ago by biakbiak.

So as long as he was lying FOR Bethenny, he wasn't really lying?

And isn't a liar like Bethenny?

eta - and he didn't get any money so its sorta ok for him to lie?

Edited by Rap541
  • Love 5

Again, Jason's speaking out or not speaking out has nothing to do with Beth's version of being lost at sea.  That's the point.  It just seems that there is this diversion giong on to somehow make Beth innocent by placing 'blame' on Jason.  Or complacency on Jason.  That's not my point.  The fact is that Beth lied. 

Edited by breezy424
  • Love 13
2 minutes ago, Rap541 said:

So as long as he was lying FOR Bethenny, he wasn't really lying?

And isn't a liar like Bethenny?

Not contacting the media to point out someone is lying is not the same as lying. 

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 10