Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E07: Greensleeves

Who wants to play a drinking game? Take a sip everytime someone dies, we will all be drunk 15 minutes in and find the rest of the show much more interesting! WIN-WIN

I'm in.  I think we'd be on the floor even faster if we included the following:

Mama

Baby

Jesus Christ

Mano

Ese

"whole"

Black, Yellow, ( insert color here)

• Love 8

Little Psycho knows that Gemma killed Mommy.

The dumbest thing Jax said tonight was “Why” when Nero said he wanted to get out of business with him.

Second dumbest thing he said was when he told the streetwalker that at the Diosa they will treat her real good working for them. Yeah  she should ask all the other girls that used to work there except for the fact that they were brutally murdered  thanks to Jax’s stupidity.

I did laugh when Happy said they were all scared of Gemma.

• Love 15

I don't think my liver can take it.

That comment with that picture I think sums up what an SoA drinking game would do to any liver, honestly.

*ahem*

Any time The Sons get in a gunfight and no one gets shot.

• Love 3

Poor Bobby :( My money was on Nero being tonight's casualty. I thought it would've been kinda funny if he literally and figuratively bought a farm lol.

Only thing I'm excited for now is how Abel lets the cat out of the bag. I dig the Michael Myers 2.0 approach they seem to be taking with him.

• Love 5

Let's drink for every episode no one we care about dies. Aargh... Throw me a frickin' bone, Sutter. <br /><br />SAMCRO is way too stupid to have its main members be casualty free at this point.

Maybe it was my TV, but the hooker with Greensleeves looked like Tara to me (before the awful haircut at least). I hate to attempt to watch the Tara murder again, but I'm really fuzzy on how it played out. I'd been convinced that Gemma purposely stabbed Tara. Was it in any way vague enough that Gemma could somehow believe that she did so accidentally? Or is it just rationalization/delusion? Abel knows everything. I think he'll be the last one standing.

• Love 1

All I kept thinking during that last scene was, which body part is in the box? Guess I've seen seven enough to know that can't be good.

I'm glad that Abel overheard Gemma's confession. I hope someone will take that little creeper seriously.

Other random thoughts/predictions

That pimp was the worst actor ever. A quick imdb search reveals that he's married to Mira Sorvino, and I correctly recognized him as the meth head who kidnapped dee and Dennis in the jersey shore ep of Its Always Sunny in Philadelphia.

I predict Jax and Winsome will hook up.

Why didn't Marx just kidnap Gemma? Wishful thinking on my part.

File under Famous last words, "oh Marks isn't Pope" no Jackie Boy, he's much worse.

Edited by Febgirl
  • Love 2

I have been waiting SEASONS to see Juice get whats coming to him...but nooooo!  Keep him in the mc and have him pull some jail gambit.  Is Juice freaking immortal?  How many times does he have to rat or attempt suicide before death actually sticks to him.

• Love 3

This show wears me out.  I can't even.

Bobby Elvis had better end this show rocking an eye patch and a bad-ass attitude, that's all I have to say.

Now someone help me out.  I thought the great big Son with long hair (I never knew his name) was a casualty of the war with Lin.  I could have sworn he was the one they found dead when Lin took his guns back from the warehouse.  Clearly I'm wrong but if so, who died there?

Okay I will give the show credit for one good thing.  The bit with Rat and Happy admitting they were afraid of Gemma was funny . . . and then it perfectly explained why they were being tougher than usual with her, which is what she picked up on and misinterpreted.  I was genuinely afraid for where that misunderstanding was headed.

So . . . Abel knows Granny killed Mommy.  And Granny keeps a hatbox full of guns in the house.  Gee, I wonder where this is going.

Edited by WatchrTina
  • Love 5

I am completely okay with Gemma's downfall happening because her precious little grandkid rats her out.  Especially Abel who we know is her favorite since she thinks, and is probably right, that he's the little psycho to keep the club going.  Don't tease me show!  My god that kid is freaking creepy though.

• Love 8

Now someone help me out.  I thought the great big Son with long hair (I never knew his name) was a casualty of the war with Lin.  I could have sworn he was the one they found dead when Lin took his guns back from the warehouse.  Clearly I'm wrong but if so, who died there?

I originally thought what you thought, but I think it was a guy from another charter. Not entirely sure, though.

I loved it when Wendy was all "Abel's acting weird" and Gemma just goes "he'll be fiiine." I yelled at my tv: "No, he isn't fine! Are you that deluded?" So will Abel kill Grandma?

And Jax - you are so dumb. So. Freakin'. Dumb. Your brothers are literally losing eyes because of your blind rage.

I'm guessing Bobby will become leverage? Surely they would have just killed him otherwise.

• Love 2

Jax and Chibbs being jumped and punched by some girls made me laugh out loud. So did Nero's "you wonder why I want out" when Jax just tells him he killed the Greensleeves. 

7 seasons in, my only thoughts on the final scene was thinking if Bobby's head was in the box. I knew it had to be a body part of his.I hope he didn't lose his eye to die. :( Although he seems like the weakest in a battle. 

Watching Gemma freak out that Juice spilled all episode was intense. Jax is too care free to know but Gemma didn't know that.

I think Nero totally knows something beyond hiding Juice is going on. He wants to run out of town with Gemma. Offering the Mayans, 50% of the business, that;s just going to be weird if this show finale comes down to Sons and Mayans as BFFs and partners. 

Just watch Abel's going to avenge Tara with a gun.

• Love 4
My money was on Nero being tonight's casualty. I thought it would've been kinda funny if he literally and figuratively bought a farm lol.

I turned to Mrs. Pootel and said (in Nero voice) "I'm one day from retirement, and I'm gonna rename that farm the Live For Ever".  Yeah, he's dead, and he will be killed by somebody named 'Mendoza'.

The notion that Abel has any idea of what's going on, I find absurd.

Edited by henripootel
  • Love 4

Maybe it was my TV, but the hooker with Greensleeves looked like Tara to me (before the awful haircut at least). I hate to attempt to watch the Tara murder again, but I'm really fuzzy on how it played out. I'd been convinced that Gemma purposely stabbed Tara. Was it in any way vague enough that Gemma could somehow believe that she did so accidentally? Or is it just rationalization/delusion? Abel knows everything. I think he'll be the last one standing.

She's a looney! What she intended in her mind now may be what she thought she meant at the time, because she convinced herself of it. But really I don't know how you stab someone in the head with a meat fork four times after trying to drown them and call it an accident. Plus, you know, she talks to people who aren't there. I think she was kind of confessing to her Thomas, not the one in her arms.

I have been waiting SEASONS to see Juice get whats coming to him...but nooooo!  Keep him in the mc and have him pull some jail gambit.  Is Juice freaking immortal?  How many times does he have to rat or attempt suicide before death actually sticks to him.

I thought the plan was for him to be gunned down by the cops, mayhem with a little dignity, or...something.

Still trying to process the Bobby thing. I just wanted to hug Chibs, his reaction got me right in the feels.

Completely off-topic, but I have a sudden urge to watch Village of the Damned, or maybe some Children of the Corn, and I have no idea why.

• Love 6

Jax and Chibbs being jumped and punched by some girls made me laugh out loud. So did Nero's "you wonder why I want out" when Jax just tells him he killed the Greensleeves.

Oh yes, me too (with the laughing out loud). And your comment reminded me of there other funny moment in the episode -- Chibbs critisizing Jax over the sloppy "suicide."

My money was on Nero being tonight's casualty. I thought it would've been kinda funny if he literally and figuratively bought a farm lol.

LOL! I think with him wanting to "get out" and leave town him being a casualty is still on the table, anyone trying to leave town usually ends up dead. Has anyone who said they wanted out and try to leave town still alive?

• Love 1

I figured a hand was in that box.  How sick am I to be relieved that it was just an eyeball?

Chibs being so upset made me sad.  Poor fella.

Great "save" by Gemma when Nero showed up. 

Kreepy Kid will tattle on grandma.

• Love 2

I stand with Winsome!  I, too, am anti-semantic!!!!!!!!!!!  Civil rights, baby.

So, there's a dead body bleeding out and hanging out the window.  The lads take their sweet time scraping up the ride and otherwise getting the mess out of there.  In Oakland, where they have less than protection - they are dead meat with the Marks' owned cops and prison guards.  They act like it happened in the middle of a chapter meeting 100 miles from anywhere.  Uh huh.

Anyone able to reference Gemma's overheard confession to Hamlet?  

As bad as the Wendy talks were last week, the table meeting tonight where Jax expressed his love for them was excruciatingly awful.  How did they even get through that scene?  I trust there were numerous vomit buckets at their feet.

So, no way now that Mayans will buy out Nero.  They will never agree to align with SAMCRO seeing how Jax' grand scheme blew up right in front of their still-functional eyes.  The die (pun intended) is cast.  Nero is a dead man walking.

Seeing how they are experts at rehabbing junkies, I am inspired to ask if anyone knows if Narcotics Anonymous meetings were held at the table?   You know - back in the day when they did community outreach. 

• Love 1
Gemma spends the entire episode convinced that Jax plans to murder her. Her panic at her possible death is an amazing performance by Katey Sagal, but is somehow disappointing coming from Gemma. You kind of hope she'd accept her fate with a bit more grace; it's weird to watch her crumble.

She really did a terrific job. Her eyes seemed to drain of their color, she was so terrified. I think Gem's crumbling because she knows she a) brought all this on herself and b) what she fears more then anything is Jax seeing her for what she really is. She can't lose that last illusion of somebody worshiping her a queen. 

Anyone able to reference Gemma's overheard confession to Hamlet?

Both the scene where Claudius is trying to pray, and the scene where Hamlet confronts Gertrude and ends up stabbing Polonius behind the curtain. Lots of overheard shit the characters really shoulda kept to themselves in that play. I'm waiting for SoA to bring in pirates--you know, for authenticity.

Okay, answer me this: Why does Wendy never bring up the fact that Gemma tried to get her to OD way back in Season One? A lot of people can't believe her feelings for Jax after he shot her up but it clearly runs in the family. When Gemma was all paranoid weepy with her at her house while she was getting ready to go I kept waiting for Wendy to say "Oh, hey! Just remembered! You're a totally evil bitch who tried to get me to kill myself! Man, I can't believe that slipped my mind for so long. Anyway, good luck being slaughtered like a pig, Imma hook up with Nero and go hang out on that ranch with your grandkids and we'll all have big ol' double scoop Irony Ice Cream Cones in your honor, you horrible woman."

• Love 12

I thought it was going to be a full on Se7en box scene. I was happy to see the box was too small.

I am so sick of Gemma. I can't decide if she should die or if she be an outcast and live the rest of her life without her family & friends/MC/Unser. Jax could split with Wendy & the kids, the MC can join another charter, and Nero should leave her for good. Everyone turn away from her.... even Chuckie.

Funny moment with Jax & Happy.

Edited by HollyG
  • Love 2

Why does Wendy never bring up the fact that Gemma tried to get her to OD way back in Season One? A lot of people can't believe her feelings for Jax after he shot her up but it clearly runs in the family.

It's kind of splitting hairs but I could believe that in some way Wendy understands why Gemma did that.  If I recall it was right after Abel was born premature and with that stomach issue because Wendy was too busy getting high while she was still pregnant.  When Jax shot her up she had sobered up for a while then and he was just being a major douche because she had the audacity of wanting to see her kid.  She knows how Gemma is though.  I would feel better about it if she was just pretending to care about Gemma just so she can keep access to Abel.  But after her conversation with Bobby about Jax last episode, I'm not giving her the benefit of the doubt.

The Sons try to get leverage on Marks, but it's pretty quickly revealed that they don't have what it takes. Marks is smarter, richer, and deadlier than Jax: when the Sons try and get leverage on Marks, he kidnaps Bobby and scoops his eye out with a spoon. Really looks like Jax should have not been such a hothead for the past six episodes.

Did he really use a spoon?  Because that means we've had a fork and a spoon used for mayhem.  Perhaps Jax will meet his maker at the point of a knife?

Gemma's panic was fun to watch, but I did fear for anyone in her vicinity.  I thought Wendy was going to overhear her.  I never thought it would be Abel who learned the truth.  Little man is scaring the hell out of me with his dead eyes.

• Love 3
The Sons try to get leverage on Marks, but it's pretty quickly revealed that they don't have what it takes. Marks is smarter, richer, and deadlier than Jax

This may be just part of being dumb, but whatever made Jax think his ersatz allies would throw in with him against so much better a potential ally in Marks?  Give them a while to think about it and 'Jax is plotting against you' is exactly the kinda thing Marks' guys are likely to hear from, oh, I dunno, any of the dozens of people in on Jax's plan.  I don't know if Marks would reward me for ratting out Jax but I'm pretty sure he'd kill us all when Jax's stupid plan fails.

• Love 1
Guest Accused Dingo

Well that turned into one hell of a clusterfuck didn't it?

I actually think my favorite scene was Gemma's teery eye confession to Tommy with Able listening behind the open door. Kid is a wildcard and i am interested in what he will do now that he knows gramma killed mommy.

Other then that this episode was just peices moving on the chess board for the final bloody confrontation.

Edited by Accused Dingo
  • Love 2

So Jax and company manage to escape many a gunfight with nary a scratch and yet some two-bit hookers get the jump on them?  Shit, they need to sign those hookers up for the club. 

"Abel's acting weird" = just another average day in Charming.  Seriously, when hasn't Abel acted weird?  Put that kid in a clown suit and I'll shit my pants.

Gemma, if you're going to confess to jabbing a fork into your daughter in law's melon multiple times, it's best to make sure the door is closed.  Especially when you think your son's cronies are waiting just outside to drag you away and off you. 

Happy and Rat telling Jax they were scared of Gemma was hilarious.  She's frightening, sure, and she's a complete nutbag at this point but I really think they should be considered getting the hell away from the future serial killer that Jax spawned.

Unser believing Jax' "I give you my word."  HA HA HA!!  Clearly the cancer packed up and moved to his brain.

The fact that Bobby was driving by himself and did not notice the caravan of suspicious vehicles behind him and the black SUV with tinted out windows that drove past him took me out of the moment.  Shouldn't every member of the MC assume that EVERYONE is out to harm them at this point?  A caravan of suspicious vehicles should be like Jax taking off his cut and putting on gloves - - shit's about to get real. 

I was happy that the Sheriff wasn't present last night. 

I think everybody's going to die in this mess.

• Love 5

I sincerely thought Bobby was dead - - of course it took them all this time to remember that Bobby was an Elvis impersonator. Finally got him singing again, then whammo. I knew that dark van behind him was no good. Can Bobby Elvis still ride with an eye patch? There's the random pirate we've been calling for.... ;-)

Oh Chibs, you're the only one I care about any more. Grab the sheriff and run man, run!

Totally thought Wendy would overhear Gemma's confession -- but she would just kill her too. Gasped when I saw it was Abel. I'm afraid for Thomas growing up with that as an older brother. Oy.

• Love 3

Well....

Greensleeves, you were a horrible character and actor. Sayonara, and good light moment with the messy "suicide". 

Winsome looks like Tara, I also agree that she might end up hooking up with Jax.

Another light moment was when while talking to the pastor's widow they mentioned the picture of the body and Happy was all excited offering her to see it. LOL.

I also enjoyed the "we are all scared of her moment"

I too expected Wendy to be the one to come in and overhear Gemma's confession, pleasantly surprised that it was Abel. Curious to see how that plays out.

The most satisfying part of this episode was watching Gemma shitting bricks when she thought she was caught. Boy was that good! We MUST get to see this again for real next time, when all is revealed.

Nero, at this point I don't know what he is thinking. Last episode I had a feeling he was piecing the whole puzzle together yet on this one I felt he took at step back with the whole 'come with me to the farm' and running to the cabin when he thought she was in trouble.  Wake up Nero!!

it is so sad that out of all these people Unser seems to be the one coming closer to the truth.

Juicy Juice, I knew they would make him do something stupid and get caught. I am so over the whole revenge/Lin thing, I need them to bring this revenge to Gemma ASAP.   It drives me insane how Juice just won't say the shit he knows.

Poor Bobby Elvis, when I saw the box I knew, I was on edge 'cause due to the size I knew it couldn't be something like his head. After watching the video I don't know why would Jax even open that container.

Alvarez must realize the pile of shit that will come his way if he gets in business with this club. Run Mayans Run!

Another scheme that doesn't work out for Jax, oh well, at least he lovessssssssssssss them all.

Gemma is obviously a demon from hell, but man, Katey Sagal was awesome last night.  She's always great, but she completely sold Gemma's fear about what was going to happen at the cabin, and then just as smoothly slipped back into Queen Mother of the MC mode when she realized she wasn't going to die.

I would give *my* right eye if Charlie Hunnam would just please speak.the.fuck.up in his scenes.  The whispering!  My god, the endless, unnecessary whispering.

• Love 9

More thoughts and a continuation of my wish-list from this week's episode, now that I've had a chance to sleep and process.

I am sure the sloppy storytelling won't do this, but can we please, please please have a Nero/Venus scene?  We know of their previous relationship and I think a  scene between the two best actors on the show these days would be brilliant. If nothing else, can he please bring her on board to show Winsome the ropes?

Speaking of Winsome's new place of employment, I wonder if they have the girls get tested for stds.

Semantic, Semetic, Potato po-tah-to-- between the Cocks and Bagels porn shoot, and Greensleeves being the "jew pimp- -I was sensing a theme of some sort? Oh Kurt Sutter, how amusing.

What's the over/under on when Abel's going to start swinging the ball peen hammer? I swear I was yelling at my tv during the final montage, "please don't have him open his eyes", so creepy. 

Keith from Six Feet Under, welcome!  I guess he's representing August Marks while he's busy dating Viola Davis on another network. I like him, but his presence unnerves me.

Chibs' reaction to Marks' present broke my heart.

Ok, help me out.  I tend to get totally lost in all of the different gangs / alliances and what deals are being worked out or broken so I don't understand why those guys went after Bobby. Also, if Chibs is ever the person to explain what is going on then it's over for me. I love Chibs, he is my favorite, but I cannot understand a thing he says.  Anyway, wasn't the club making peace with Marks? What happend to trigger him to relallitate by hurting Bobby? 

I was soooooo confused at the beginning when they just let Juice go and then with everything that happend after with him shooting the cops, etc.  I had to read in an online review that the point was so that he would get arrested and put in the same prison as Lin.  Seriously, did the show ever say this?  I guess I zoned out because I completely missed it.  I was really looking forward to a big Jax / Juice showdow and what happened was totally lame.  Maybe it will happen eventually.

Shocked that it was Abel who overheard Gemma's confession.  I can't figure out if that kid is just a terrible actor or if they are telling him to act like an extra from Children of the Corn but, either way, he is coming across as very creepy.  I kind of wonder if he really understood what Gemma was saying but, either way, I  am interested to see where they are going with it.

Totally thought Gemma was going to haul off and start shooting everyone at the cabin.  Her paranoia is going to give her away if Abel or Juice don't.

Poor Bobby and poor crying Chibs:(   I knew the box was not a good thing and I am so glad it wasn't his heart or something.

Am I the only one who doesn't really care for Katy Segal's voice? You know it's a "very special episode" whenever she is the one singing over the closing montage. 

Edited by cam3150
  • Love 2

Sutter better not have Abel killing Gemma. The kid needs counseling, love and a new family, not a murder on his records. 

Oh, Bobby.

Sorry, but Juice being alive at this poin is plain utter  ridiculous.

Jax, you are an idiot, but you are still hot.

Am I the only one who doesn't really care for Katy Segal's voice? You know it's a "very special episode" whenever she is the one singing over the closing montage.

Her voice doesn't bother me, but I find her singing annoying all the same. It's like when they'd randomly have Claire sing on The Cosby Show...always made me roll my eyes. We get it! She's amazing!

Poor Bobby and poor crying Chibs:(   I knew the box was not a good thing and I am so glad it wasn't his heart or something.

I like those two, but I think of all they pain they have caused to others.  Karma is a bitch boys.

ETA:  And her name is Gemma.

Edited by monakane