Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
Cranberry

Pet(s): Photos & Discussion

I had a meeting 15 minutes after I took this picture, and decided I didn't want to spend the entire time before the meeting applying bandaids, so I resisted the urge to try to scritch her stomach.

• Like 1
  • Laugh 6
  • Surprise 1

Awwww, she sure looks happy indeed :D. 

I love it when cats rest on their backs. I remember one time I got up in the middle of the night to get something, and there was our cat Mitsi, just chilling in the middle of the living room floor, laying on her back, all content and relaxed. She just looked up at me like, "Hey. How's it going?" :p. 

• Like 6
  • Laugh 2

Little Girl is the odd cat that loves belly rubs. She rolls over to show me her tummy and cocks her head sideways, looking up at me. I scritch and rub her belly and chest and it's heaven. Being chosen to serve a cat is a high honor.

• Like 14

My Scully loooves them. She rolls on the floor to entice me.

Fox only allows it when she is asleep stretched out on her side along my legs. 

So, I am very honored.

I love Quirk's cross-eyes. So cute! That belly is very tempting.

• Like 6

I've had more cats who enjoyed belly rubs than those who didn't, but, yeah, you need to find that out carefully!

When I see something like that, my urge shoots right past "want to rub" to "want to shove my face in there and smooch".  Since that is quite likely to result in 18 claws embedded in my scalp, I quell that urge.

Edited by Bastet
  • Like 9
  • Laugh 1

20 hours ago, Nicmar said:

What a big pretty dog!

Awww, Alli says thank you.

And she’s even sweeter than she is big!

• Like 5

13 hours ago, EighteenTwelve said:

Quirk says hi.  She lay around on her back kneading air for several minutes yesterday.  I think she might just be OK with living here.

Stomach.jpg

She is so precious! What a doll. Does she like lap time?

• Like 3

Quirk is so adorable! She seems to be settling in nicely. 

Both of my cats like having their tummies scratched. Sophie loves it - she will flop down at our feet are roll round on her back like a dog, multiple times a day. Parker also likes it but isn’t quite as demanding about it as Sophie. She pretends to have a little dignity. 

• Like 8
  • Laugh 1

I've only had one cat that liked belly rubs, and he did not just like them, he loved and demanded them! This was Mister Oh, my previous tom who made it to 20 years old, and he was a huge cat - quite literally the size of a bobcat rather than a regular domestic feline. He would throw himself down on his back right in front of me as I was walking forward both inside and outside and being so large, I could either stop in time or basically fall over him depending on if I was paying sufficient attention! Once the tummy rubbing commenced, so did the purring...by the time he was a year old he had me super well trained 🙂

• Like 7
  • Laugh 2

Our cats like belly rubs, too :). They'll just happily lay there and let you scratch and rub them as long as need be. 

1 hour ago, isalicat said:

He would throw himself down on his back right in front of me as I was walking forward both inside and outside and being so large, I could either stop in time or basically fall over him depending on if I was paying sufficient attention!

Lily does this all the time. Not just for belly rubs, but in general. In the evenings, she'll be by the door waiting for my mom to get home from work, and sometimes my mom'll be bringing groceries home with her. I'll come to help carry them up the stairs and into our apartment, and every time I do so, once I'm inside, I have to literally try and usher Lily aside, because otherwise, she'll just plop herself down right in the middle of the hall and I'll have to try and walk around her with all these bags and whatnot. I swear one of these days, I'm gonna trip over her :p. 

Edited by Annber03
  • Like 6

8 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

I’m taking care of my Godmother’s dog Cosmo. She was diagnosed with a rare form of cancer in Fall 2019 and asked me to keep a spot for him (of course I agreed). On MLK night she called me and asked me would I come and get him- he’s been with me since then. I’ve dog sat for her for many years (long before Cosmo came into the picture) so I know a little bit about dogs but I’ve always been a cat person and grew up with cats. Cosmo is 8, so he’s not super energetic but he does like to play. My friends gave me a Kong toy he could care less about- however I remember when she first adopted him, my mom bought him a rabbit that squeaked. 

Here he is with his new duck squeak toy. He’s SO HAPPY!

29DDA320-E0E5-43F6-BCFF-9D3D40AC24C5.jpeg

I love that sweet doggie!

• Like 4

19 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

I’m taking care of my Godmother’s dog Cosmo. She was diagnosed with a rare form of cancer in Fall 2019 and asked me to keep a spot for him (of course I agreed). On MLK night she called me and asked me would I come and get him- he’s been with me since then. I’ve dog sat for her for many years (long before Cosmo came into the picture) so I know a little bit about dogs but I’ve always been a cat person and grew up with cats. Cosmo is 8, so he’s not super energetic but he does like to play. My friends gave me a Kong toy he could care less about- however I remember when she first adopted him, my mom bought him a rabbit that squeaked. 

Here he is with his new duck squeak toy. He’s SO HAPPY!

A very handsome dog that appears to be having a "bad fur" day.  We all have them.  I have a bad case of "bed head".

• Laugh 5

50 minutes ago, icemiser69 said:

A very handsome dog that appears to be having a "bad fur" day.  We all have them.  I have a bad case of "bed head".

I’m going to take him to the groomer in May and get him all spiffy. 

• Like 4

Hee, I like the bear sitting next to her :D. 

Happy birthday to Elsie! I hope she had a lovely day. 

• Like 7

1 hour ago, EighteenTwelve said:

Sorry for the pic spam, but this was so cute I just about can't stand it.  She started sleeping on the bed with me on Wednesday, and I guess is now sleeping on it without me.

smiling.jpg

Aw, so sweet~

• Like 4

1 hour ago, EighteenTwelve said:

Sorry for the pic spam, but this was so cute I just about can't stand it.  She started sleeping on the bed with me on Wednesday, and I guess is now sleeping on it without me.

smiling.jpg

Spam away. That cat is almost unbearably cute. No offense to all the other pets on this thread.

• Like 10

I love the look on her face. She looks so content and peaceful. 

• Like 7

I keep the dry cat food in an old popcorn tin.  I had taken the lid off to feed both cats and I had gotten distracted.  When I went back into the kitchen, I see the big cat's butt hanging out of the tin with his head in side the bag scarfing down food.  He was practically doing a paws stand.

He is the same cat that head butts everything, including the couch.

Most of the time both cats get wet food, but at night they get a little dry food.

Edited by icemiser69
  • Laugh 10

1 hour ago, icemiser69 said:

I keep the dry cat food in an old popcorn tin.  I had taken the lid off to feed both cats and I had gotten distracted.  When I went back into the kitchen, I see the big cat's butt hanging out of the tin with his head in side the bag scarfing down food.  He was practically doing a paws stand.

That reminds me of the time years ago I ordered food delivery and left the room for a minute, probably to grab a drink and came back to this.....1228121410.thumb.jpg.d6f9e86ab27bc18e8bb8dbde936bb7ad.jpg

• Like 2
  • Laugh 14

3 hours ago, Annber03 said:

I love the look on her face. She looks so content and peaceful. 

Not to mention a tad smug!

• Like 4
  • Laugh 3

@EighteenTwelve, Given how delighted I am to track Quirk's progress, I nearly squeal with happiness at each post, thinking of how it makes you feel to observe these milestones as she becomes queen of the castle.  My cat Riley was a scaredy-cat, quick (astoundingly so, under the circumstances) to accept me but very slow to feel comfortable roaming the house at large (or having other people in it).  It was a new experience for me, but a gratifying one.  I love that Quirk is similarly gradually taking over.

• Like 8

Happy adoption anniversary to you all.  Am I correct in thinking they were not a bonded pair when you adopted them, that this adorably close relationship formed - and quickly - once they were home?

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Bastet said:

Happy adoption anniversary to you all.  Am I correct in thinking they were not a bonded pair when you adopted them, that this adorably close relationship formed - and quickly - once they were home?

Thank you! Correct, they were not a bonded pair. When we let them out of their carriers the first day, they huddled together under a bookcase for a couple of minutes before we lured them out with a few cat treats, then snuggled up in a cat bed. We joke that Sophie taught Parker how to be a cat, because Parker followed Sophie around and copied everything she for the first few months. Fortunately Sophie is a patient and good natured cat. We got incredibly lucky that they got along immediately and settled so quickly. I think they knew that they would rule the roost in short order!

• Like 14

What a couple cuddly babies :D! Awww! Happy anniversary. 

• Like 4

@MargeGunderson

Happy Cativersary!

Assuming that you have named them from left to right, does Sophie often suffer a crick in the neck after napping with Parker?

• Like 4

26 minutes ago, KlutzyCobbler said:

@MargeGunderson

Happy Cativersary!

Assuming that you have named them from left to right, does Sophie often suffer a crick in the neck after napping with Parker?

Ha ha! I never thought of that. If she did, Sophie wouldn’t complain. She’s the most happy go lucky cat I’ve ever met. 

• Like 6

21 hours ago, MargeGunderson said:

It’s Parker and Sophie’s cativersary today! We brought them home one year ago today. We got so lucky with our girls - they are sweet, funny, very playful, and best friends with each other. 

925C636C-E1D3-447A-A4FE-B36A8488CEF9.jpeg

🎉 Happy Gotcha Day 🎉

6980C43D-5B08-4991-8891-6E93817276AD.jpeg.4ca9365993d0c66ee1c8fba7f9ea6b37.jpeg

Love, BB and Squeaky.      Purrs 😺

• Like 8

An update on Pumpkin: she will eat the dry kidney food. She rejected the wet food. We make organic steamed chicken drumsticks for her as a "treat" because she was very depressed and distant with us for a long time. Now she's sort of settled into the dry kidney food and she'll eat that if she can have a little chicken once a day.

She's back to running her drills around the house and being a snot. 

• Like 15

Discussion taken from Diary thread.

13 hours ago, Callietwo said:

I changed picture and it swapped out the orders and I should've swapped out the names.  They are my little loves.  They're litter mates but the vet says their Momma was a naughty cat, with Bella & Max having different fathers.  😱🤣

===

I would appreciate it if you would let me know when they show up on Maury Povich.

• Laugh 12

44 minutes ago, icemiser69 said:

Discussion taken from Diary thread.

13 hours ago, Callietwo said:

I changed picture and it swapped out the orders and I should've swapped out the names.  They are my little loves.  They're litter mates but the vet says their Momma was a naughty cat, with Bella & Max having different fathers.  😱🤣

===

I would appreciate it if you would let me know when they show up on Maury Povich.

Hysterical!  LOL.

Momma cat was an indoor cat that got out of the house one night while in heat.  Owner thought she was too young and hadn't had her spayed yet.  🙄  The litter consisted of three tuxedo cats and three maine coons.  

• Laugh 1
  • Surprise 4

Little Mama (on right) was a teenage mother. She's only nine months older than Little Girl. So scandalous!PXL_20210202_182105757.thumb.jpg.1588846257f2f56a226925e0d0261cbf.jpg

• Like 22
  • Laugh 1

25 minutes ago, bilgistic said:

Little Mama (on right) was a teenage mother. She's only nine months older than Little Girl. So scandalous!PXL_20210202_182105757.thumb.jpg.1588846257f2f56a226925e0d0261cbf.jpg

They are so similar to my Fox.

IMG_20200803_171742.jpg

• Like 15

It's pretty common for a litter to have more than one father, as most females mate with more than one male during each heat cycle.  As your bit of trivia for the day, I'll share what I remember from looking this up as a curious kid, wondering why litter mates often bore no resemblance to each other (and this was pre-internet, so that curiosity required commitment):  It's called superfecundation - two or more eggs from the same heat cycle being fertilized by sperm from different males.  In fact, it's possible - but rare - for every kitten in a litter to come from a different father.

It happens with dog litters, too, but is more common in cats.

• Like 1
  • Useful 7

3 hours ago, bilgistic said:

Little Mama (on right) was a teenage mother. She's only nine months older than Little Girl. So scandalous!

Reminds me of the first two kittens I ever had.  A boy and a girl.  At the shelter, the boy kitten licked my fingers, and when I went to pick up the female kitten she started to run away.   Even though I had them for a long time, the time wasn't long enough.  It is always sad saying goodbye.

• Sad 5

...and my Onyx.  Wish she was still this big.  She's much smaller than this now, having lost 5lbs. since 2016.

Onyx on the chair.jpg

Edited by SuprSuprElevated
  • Like 16

I haven’t add pictures of my kitties in this thread before so here they are.
Bella is the grey tuxedo cat and Max is her litter mate, a fluffy Maine coon cat.  (he looks smaller in these but isn’t actually.) They’re our spoiled babies. ❤️

532480A7-2D87-4D27-BC11-CC06CCC9E374.jpeg

24011C89-F048-4503-A8C5-40D3076E88F4.jpeg

Edited by Callietwo · Reason: Wrong pic
  • Like 19