Type keyword(s) to search

Pet(s): Photos & Discussion

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, Moose135 said:

It's Jake's Bark Day! He is three years old today! We had a little party after dinner. GF baked him a cake, Chewy sent him a card, and he got some new toys!

My cats got a birthday card from Chewy today! I’m torn between “huh. That’s kinda cute” and “that’s a little creepy. If you have the budget for that, just lower your prices!”

• Love 7

I am still adjusting to living with a dog. Last night my neighbor who does my lawn knocked on my backdoor for payment for snow removal the last three months. Cosmo heard that knock, JUMPED up, ran to the backdoor, barked, and turned back to look at me as if "who is that and what do they want?" I opened the door and told him that he was a FRIEND, Cosmo didn't bark at him but he was READY, right by my side. 

• Love 20
4 minutes ago, JTMacc99 said:

He’s not always so presentable...

CEEBD12F-C7D3-4638-90D1-00CBEC975994.jpeg

That sofa looks a lot like the purple velvet love seat I foolishly bought years ago. Cat fur + cat claws + velvet = recipe for disaster under normal circumstances. Alas, my brat, Artemus Squeakifur, also felt the need to pee on it (while I was trying to sleep on the floor right in front of it, no less!). Sigh. There's a reason I don't have nice things. 

• Love 3
40 minutes ago, Mindthinkr said:

B9451D8B-3B91-4531-AED4-1C0FDB3F877C.jpeg.9977364ff5663ca64528f82d092c47e0.jpeg

BB: Not to outdone by all you dogs, I just want you to see that I like to nap on my back and look silly too. 

Oh no!  Someone spilled ink on your nice rug!

On an unrelated subject, I apparently have a very low-res phone. 

• LOL 7
  • Love 5

When my cousin and I were living together, we adopted three ten-week-old kittens (littermates; two sisters and a brother) and I gave them a roll of toilet paper to keep them off the one in the bathroom.  After a couple of hours, it looked like an indoor blizzard had struck.  Bad idea on my part.  But they were hilarious. 

• LOL 13
On 3/23/2021 at 2:54 AM, Ileron said:

I have a small kitten named Gris in my Munich home, it is 5 months old only but very energetic, always curious about everything. I adore him!

RVC_Kitten_Fundamentals.jpg

He stares as if to say: Don't you DARE call me cute!

But I will! So cute!

• Love 14
On 3/22/2021 at 8:39 PM, Moose135 said:

It's Jake's Bark Day! He is three years old today! We had a little party after dinner. GF baked him a cake, Chewy sent him a card, and he got some new toys! And Thursday will be two years since we brought him home. He's a sweetheart, and has brought us much love and happiness!

JM_2021_03_22_Jake_Bark_Day_003-XL.jpg

JM_2021_03_22_Jake_Bark_Day_002-XL.jpg

JM_2021_03_22_Jake_Bark_Day_005-XL.jpg

JM_2021_03_22_Jake_Bark_Day_006-XL.jpg

JM_2021_03_22_Jake_Bark_Day_009-XL.jpg

Happy Birthday!!!🐶

1 hour ago, supposebly said:

Fox and Scully are not to be outdone by all this cuteness!

IMG_20200731_190500.png

PXL_20210109_221252554.png

Did you name your cats after the The X Files?

• Love 6
32 minutes ago, Nicmar said:

Did you name your cats after the The X Files?

Of course I did. 😎 They're both girls, so Mulder seemed a weird name for a girl. And Scully is too goofy and clumsy to be a Dana. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 4

Jake is an Australian Shepherd. His breeder is a good friend of my GF. He had gone to a family with a couple of older Labs, and I think they weren't ready for the energy level of an Aussie puppy. They returned him to the breeder, and he spent about a month back there. We had just lost Denali, GF's older Aussie, and the breeder had already promised her a puppy from her next litter. Instead, Jake came back, needing a good home, and he ended up with us. At that time, we needed him and he needed us - it just worked out perfectly.

• Useful 1
  • Love 16

Lily got an ultrasound yesterday because she can't seem to eat enough to put on weight.  It came out as chronic pancreatitis that decided to flare up.  But she got gabapentin so she could get the ultrasound to begin with, and then she got a three-day buprenorphine injection.  Combined with a loose right kneecap, she was navigating about as well as the ship stuck in the Suez Canal.  Even if her front end was pointed straight forward, her hind end was wandering off about 35 degrees in any direction it wanted.  Silly beast.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3

Lily's much better.  She's eating everything in sight and teaching Quirk how much enthusiasm is too much when Quirk wants to wrestle.  And she leaps up on the bed from the floor most mornings, and biffs me in the eye if I don't wake up and scritch her.  I knew she wasn't done yet, but she scared me for a couple of days there.

• Love 21

I'm glad to hear about Lily's significant improvement; pancreatitis can really take it out of them, and it's frustrating being unable to do much more than supportive care as you ride it out.  Yay for being on the other side of it - especially that she's getting caught up on her food; that's the best sign there is - and here's hoping for no more flare-ups.

• Love 6
5 hours ago, EighteenTwelve said:

Lily's much better.  She's eating everything in sight and teaching Quirk how much enthusiasm is too much when Quirk wants to wrestle.  And she leaps up on the bed from the floor most mornings, and biffs me in the eye if I don't wake up and scritch her.  I knew she wasn't done yet, but she scared me for a couple of days there.

That’s great news! One of my cats had pancreatitis and had to be hospitalized over a weekend. Once she was treated she bounced right back. Here’s hoping that Lily stays in good health.

• Love 4
Just now, FlyingEgret said:

Not my pet, but my friend's dog helped sniffed it out this morning, and honestly I just felt like sharing.  Happy April 1st everyone! 

20210401_132008.jpg

Was your friends dog a bird dog by chance....

• LOL 4
  • Love 2

My Mom got Cosmo a rain coat. We had our first rain a few weeks ago and he wasnt pleased. He did let me put it on him, but I think more treats will be needed to make this a regular thing when its raining.IMG_2905.jpeg.61868c4f63c2ad340474f4dbd82b802a.jpegIMG_2904.jpeg.6957f33748fec88c6bebecd0edf25551.jpeg

• LOL 1
  • Love 18
(edited)

I'm not sure if I posted this before or not, forgive me if I did.

I once got one of my cats a Thunder Shirt.  As soon as I put it on her she went down to the floor like her legs suddenly disappeared.  I took it off of her immediately.  She watched me put it back in the box and put the box up.  She refused to move until I did. 

That second picture of poor Cosmo looks like he's wondering how long this indignity is going to go on!  

Edited by tiftgirl
Remove doesn't mean the same as refuse
  • LOL 9
(edited)

Hope this qualifies for the thread; he’s not my pet but he is a pet:

https://www.pilotonline.com/news/vp-nw-obx-cat-20210403-3hfy5vqa75hvpha2unwj6cjvoy-story.html

This adorable kitten is a seafaring beach bum. I have such mixed feelings!  I really don’t like the idea of outdoor cats. But he seems to be living his best life. 

I’ll  try to insert a picture if you don’t want to click on the link:

9C9B74EA-AAF3-44EB-A274-9214BF0CB8BA.jpeg

Edited by SoMuchTV
  • Love 10
17 minutes ago, SoMuchTV said:

This adorable kitten is a seafaring beach bum.

I love how, while does everything the dogs do, including playing in water, he's still all cat when he shakes the water off his paws when he's done.  Also him standing on little kitten tippy toes to drink out of the dogs' water bowl.

I do not care for the author saying the owner wanted to "replace" her previous cat.  (And, this is embarrassing, but until I read the previous cat's name was Tuna, I didn't get it about this one being named Marlin.)

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, icemiser69 said:

I don't have mixed feelings.  That cat should be safe and warm in a home, as all cats should be.

The cat doesn't seem left to roam outdoors at will, but instead is with the owners and the dogs when they are on the boat, at the beach, etc. 

I think whether - and, if so, how - it is safe for any given cat to have some sort of outdoor time depends on circumstances, and most of the time I think the answer is no.  But, watching that video, this seems like a supervised scenario that is working.  So I hope it is indeed a situation where the cat isn't roaming, but is just included in family activities.  They certainly lucked out with a kitten who instantly took to all that stuff. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
14 hours ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

Healthy 'outdoor' cats are like unicorns.

I think you hit it on the nose, there.  I hesitated even posting that article because I didn't want to appear to be endorsing outdoor cats in general (and some of the responses proved me right on that), but this one guy does seem to be the unicorn.  Or maybe he just has a good publicist!

• Love 4
On 4/6/2021 at 6:00 PM, SuprSuprElevated said:

Healthy 'outdoor' cats are like unicorns.

I guess it depends on what you mean by "outdoor". I have had cats for 50 years (yes, I'm an old) and in urban (San Francisco, Los Angeles), suburban and very rural (on the side of a dormant volcano in the forest) areas. All my cats were allowed and even encouraged to go outside but lived inside whenever they wanted because I always provided a way in at all times for them (various inventions when I was still a student renter and then once a homeowner, always a secure cat door leading into the house or the laundry room). All my cats were either rescues or more likely, found me after being abandoned or whatever. I've never lost a single one to anything attributable to the "outdoors" - they mostly died of cat old age diseases (my current guy is almost 20 and doing fine thankfully) or weird congenital conditions. Yes, up in the mountains there are coyotes and if there had been any in my immediate area I would have been much less likely to let my cats out at night.

But (and here is my reasoning): I am not eager to have a beautiful animal that would normally explore and hunt and patrol its property and then confine it inside for its whole life. I think that is wrong although I totally understand the arguments for keeping the cat safe and the birds unharmed. And I hate litter boxes (and I think cats hate them too, frankly). So until very, very recently (my Louis is now too old to go out to pee at night so here we are) I have not had one since I was in the big city many decades ago.

If you mean "feral cats" by "outdoor cats", I would most likely agree with you.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4