Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E03: Ashes

So, hope that look - upon seeing Em's face - means David realized he got played. Did he not realize Victoria was treating him like a Special Needs Bodyguard/Warrior? Maybe he truly was never that bright. I honestly thought he was going to see the framed Jack&Amanda childhood photo in her room and that would stop him from murder. Victoria's an idiot to think she could lie and manipulate with her daughter, step-daughter, back-from-the-dead lover, etc. (with no backup) and it would all work out perfectly for her. I'm wondering though if David saw Nolan's face before that leap.

Um, Jack, Em/Amanda is still too complicated for your simpleton self.

• Love 2

Nolan's still an awful shot, I see.

Margaux is an idiot for giving Vic money.

Christa still can't act to save her life.

Ben is annoying and a creeper. Just show Ems your dick already. You've been way too subtle about your interest in her. /sarcasm

I just love how, even with Nolan as Em's chief of security, Grayson Manor (or is it Thorne Manor?) is still easily penetrable.

The Hamptoms must be every burglar's wet dream.

• Love 2

So I guess they're preparing this to be the last season. I never expected David to figure out the the Emily/Amanda connection so fast, and really have no idea where this show could even go. They've killed off all of the peripheral characters (except French chick). Even in its darkest season 2/3 days, you were waiting for Victoria to figure Emily out. That's done. I don't even know how they'll stretch this beyond 13 episodes, frankly.

(I'm assuming that Conrad will be back, and that's how)

I'm assuming that Conrad will be back, and that's how

Puhleeeze, this.  I'll start watching again, show, promise. So far, I watch the first five minutes and the last and STILL feel like I'm wasting my time. :(

• Love 1

Ben is annoying and a creeper. Just show Ems your dick already. You've been way too subtle about your interest in her. /sarcasm

Is it wrong that I'm now hoping that Ben sends Ems a dick pic while Nolan's got her phone?

• Love 4

Hey, at least he got close this time! :P  (He hit the lamp that was behind David as he ran off)

But I see Emily has regressed to Season 1 mode for interacting with Nolan...bossing him around, hiding stuff from him, dismissing his feelings...and I DON'T LIKE IT!!!!! The writers better bring good Nemily back ASAP, because for a lot of fans, that's the main draw.

• Love 2

From David going after Emily and then recognizing her, are we supposed to understand that he really is super derpy. I was holding out hope that he was playing Victoria.

Edited by JinNashville
  • Love 1

Nope, he's the dope that got played by Victoria. At least he recognized his daughter before he knifed her.

Charlotte needs to die now. My hatred for Davniel has waned- I feel sorry for him. Poor Margeaux- she's probably going to die soon because she's in the middle of everything now.

So there are 8 episodes left and the big David/Emily reveal is soon? What's left?

I wish I could predict the lottery numbers like I can predict this show. I knew Jack was going to cover it up & blame the wiring. Sigh. The episode was boring, & if that look that David gave Emily was "hey, that looks like my daughter!" then he as big a moron as I've been thinking.

• Love 1

"You mean this woman has ruined your life in the way I had entirely lined out for my daughter? Who probably was smart enough to change her name so you wouldn't see her coming, exactly like I laid out for her? Didn't you frame me, thus causing me to make an elaborte plan to ruin you like you are now? If only I had been laid these last few years instead of pretending to be dead, maybe I wouldn't be enthralled by your vagina, and I might be able to figure out what was going on. Instead, I must murder this girl who just happened to ruin your life, randomly, for you not setting me up."

No wonder he was such an easy scapegoat in the first place, the big elaborate conspiracy was wasted, I think.

• Love 12

I think the story that's being set up here is that now that David knows Victoria tried to pit him against his own daughter, he will go back and pretend he knows nothing so he can play Victoria. At this point I'm not confident he has the mental capacity to play Victoria.

If he can recognize Charlotte from seeing her when she was a baby because he remembers her eyes, I would have called bs on it if he couldn't recognize Amanda. Good thing it looks like he did recognize her. Though it raises the question of hadn't he seen any of the Grayson news coverage that would have had her picture in it?

But it's okay, he killed the bad lamp.

• Love 5

gosh, please let victoria and charlotte have a painful death. I know I should sympathize with Charlotte but I just cant she's insufferable, boring and being an entitled brat all the time.

• Love 4

I can't believe that David is seriously that stupid!  After the woman put you in jail, and kept you from your own child.  I'm almost hoping that this guy turns out to be David's brother or something because my goodness, what a letdown he has been as David Clark.  Nevermind that he hasn't gone to check on Nolan, his friend who took care of his daughter, nevermind that he hasn't even said word one about his daughter, or gone to visit her grave, now he is all misty eyed over lame ass Charlotte?  Yuck.  I think the picture of Emily and jack is going to figure into something somehow, its just too conveinent that it was sitting on the table next to her bed, maybe David will flashback to it.

And yes Charlotte, the real you isn't really that awesome, thats why your mom is making shit up about you.

gosh, please let victoria and charlotte have a painful death. I know I should sympathize with Charlotte but I just cant she's insufferable, boring and being an entitled brat all the time.

I couldn't agree more.  She almost killed Emily, and she can't even be bothered to come outside and say anything when Emily is pretty much giving her a "get out of jail free" card.  Even when Victoria came to see her, she showed almost no remorse, she was still saying that Emily only told her because she wanted to "torture" her, bitch, if Emily Thorne wanted to torture you, she could do it a million different ways, heck, she could cut your cocaine with baby powder or cyanide.  She is an entitled joke, and I hate that everyone is constantly trying to coddle her.  At least Jack had an eyerolling moment about the whole thing.  Daniel went out of his way to give her rent money (which she then put up her nose) and ended up getting kicked out of his own apartment.  But yet all that Charlotte can think about is how everything is so unfair to her, and how she is just so put upon.  She burned down Jack's bar, something that his father took a lifetime to build, and she has no remorse.  I hope she gets caught in some crossfire, she can join Declan in some version of heaven that is just for annoying people.

• Love 8

Charlotte is truly her mother's daughter - they both insist that everything that's gone wrong in their lives is someone else's fault so they get to play the victim.

I totally laughed when Charlotte asked Victoria, "Isn't the real me good enough?" No, Charlotte, it isn't. Would a better introduction have been, "Hi, dad! I am a spoiled brat who has made no attempt to get a job because I just expect my brother to pay my $7000 rent, which I then spent on cocaine. Afterward, I lured your beloved daughter Amanda, who is alive, by the way, to Jack's bar - you remember Jack, right? Yeah, I decided to kill two birds with one stone by setting Jack's bar on fire after I knocked Amanda unconscious. When I'm not committing felonies, I am a snotty know it all self absorbed entitled brat. Nice to meet you!"?

Poor Nolan. He continues to tell Emily how much he loves her and she continues to blow him off. He flat out tells her that he almost lost her in the fire and her only response is, "Yeah, well, I'm still here. ANYWAY."

I originally thought that Louise had been planted at the mental institution by Emily to keep an eye on Victoria but apparently she is just a random loose cannon. Yay? Her hair was styled almost exactly like Emily's tonight so it will be interesting to see whose side Louise ends up on. If she winds up being Team Victoria, will they use her physical resemblance to Emily in order to frame Emily for something? Like muuuuuurdeeeeeer? A normal person would take Victoria's rejection as a sign to find a new friend, but this girl is a stage 1 clinger who does not seem to understand how "she's not that into you" works, so she will probably just keep stalking Victoria until she lets her become a lackey.

I had high hopes that David would kill Victoria last week and he really let me down. So then I hoped that he was playing her to get some of his own revenge. Apparently that's not happening either. Now that he has seen Amanda, I hope he realizes that Victoria is a straight up bitch and starts directing his revengeda towards her.

I can't stand Daniel but I loved his conversation with Victoria. You're the patriarch - don't you know it's your job to hide money and assets in case the shit hits the fan?

Edited by ElectricBoogaloo
  • Love 6

Was there absolutely any point in bringing Louise back at all this episode? When she was in the opening recap with Victoria and her separated at the doors of the mental institution, I knew she'd make a reappearance, hopefully as either Emily's plant or a spiteful lunatic, but all she did was ask for a handout from Victoria only to be turned down. The writers are really grasping at straws at this point.

Was there absolutely any point in bringing Louise back at all this episode? When she was in the opening recap with Victoria and her separated at the doors of the mental institution, I knew she'd make a reappearance, hopefully as either Emily's plant or a spiteful lunatic, but all she did was ask for a handout from Victoria only to be turned down. The writers are really grasping at straws at this point.

I'm guessing that Louise is going to be Victoria's "financial backer". She's got lots of money, no clue how to take care of it, & she thinks Victoria is her BFF. Since Victoria can't touch any of her own money, she has to get it from somewhere.

• Love 1

The show has become more and more unrealistic and I can't decide whether the actors can't deliver the plot line or the plot itself is getting weaker.  I want so badly to (bitch) slap Charlotte, wonder how she would react when/if she finds out her biological father killed the father who raised her.  And Victoria having the nerves to give Charlotte credit for exonerating David.  How convenient of him to show up after his name being cleared, you would think he knew who cleared it.  I'm very confused..... either the acting is bad or the writing is.  Everything seemed so fake/forced.  I want the old/exciting revenge back.

I still have no idea what the writers were thinking by having Victoria try to turn David against the evil "Emily Thorne next door". He would recognize his daughter the instant he saw Emily. Victoria is too smart to think of a plan that stupid. David, on the other hand, is climbing the ranks of Dumbest Person on This Show, Ever.

After Victoria strangled Aiden and Charlotte almost set Emily on fire, there is no redemption for either. Baffles me how some still sympathize with them and think Emily is the real villain.

• Love 7

Wasn't that Louise with a bad Southern accent picking Daniel up in the bar?

Yes, that was Louise, which made me think she is targeting Daniel to get to Victoria. I thought he would jump at the chance to get money from her. Heh or at least a place to spend the night since the hotel kicked him out. Is he going to sleep on the beach? Sneak into the old pool house at Grayson Manor and claim squatting rights? Shack up with Margaux (who is an idiot for loaning money to Victoria)?
  • Love 1

I'm not positive that David recognized Emily as his daughter. It seemed more to me like he saw her and hesitated, wondering. And then got chased out by Nolan with a gun.

Not to give Victoria too much credit because this is a ridiculous plan, but it's possible she's thinking she can convince David that the other Amanda was his daughter, since Emily was able to get Jack so completely convinced of that fact. Of course, Victoria doesn't have a slew of memories and inside stories to tell David about his so-called dead daughter, which backed up her credibility when Emily had her posing as the "real" Amanda. Twenty years is a long time not to see a child, it isn't impossible to believe David wouldn't recognize his own daughter, especially when the fake one was of similar age and coloring to her.

Still, with him remembering Charlotte's eyes, his chances of recognizing Amanda now look a lot more likely. Victoria didn't necessarily know that he was observant in that way.

I really did expect David would see the childhood photo that Jack brought to Emily/Amanda.  I am not sure he recognized her as his sleeping daughter.  But something gave him a moment of recognition that made him pause.  But I am not sure he knew what it was.  Maybe just the fact he was about to kill someone that just looked like a girl sleeping.  Victoria had built her up to be a monster.

I wonder if Nolan will go back and check his monitors and get a close up of the face and figure out it is David.  It still bothers me that David made a point to seek out Victoria but not Nolan.

Well, since True Blood is over, some character somewhere had to pick op the mantle of having a magical fairy vagina. Looks like Victoria was it.

I will never get tired of typing the words magical fairy vagina.

• Love 7

I really did expect David would see the childhood photo that Jack brought to Emily/Amanda.  I am not sure he recognized her as his sleeping daughter.  But something gave him a moment of recognition that made him pause.  But I am not sure he knew what it was.  Maybe just the fact he was about to kill someone that just looked like a girl sleeping.  Victoria had built her up to be a monster.

I wonder if Nolan will go back and check his monitors and get a close up of the face and figure out it is David.  It still bothers me that David made a point to seek out Victoria but not Nolan.

The picture has to play in somehow.  I wonder if David will have a flashback to the photo and wonder why Emily has a picture in her bedroom of Amanda and Jack.

I wonder if Nolan will go back and check his monitors and get a close up of the face and figure out it is David. It still bothers me that David made a point to seek out Victoria but not Nolan.

I thought Nolan was still fixing the security system (from whatever Emily did to it) when David broke in, hence why he didn't see him on the monitors at first.

I would love if everything got recorded so Nolan and Emily could see it was David but I feel like they are going to be left in the dark for at least part of the next episode (if not longer). I like that this show doesn't drag out secrets like this (at least compared to daytime soaps where the secret identities aren't revealed for months) but I think they only like to do one reveal per episode, often near the end of the episode so I think that if Nolan and Emily find out it's David next week, it won't be at the very beginning of the episode as they watch the security footage. They either won't be able to make out his face on the video or there will be some technical glitch that Nolan has to debug so that the reveal is delayed until at least halfway through the next episode.

ITA that it makes no sense David hasn't gone to see Nolan yet. Even though David thinks Amanda is dead, wouldn't he want to talk to Nolan to find out what happened when he spoke with Amanda after she thought that he died?

I also agree the picture of Jack and Amanda will play some kind of role because they made too big a deal out of it not to pay off. Checkov's photo!

Edited by ElectricBoogaloo
  • Love 1

Does Emily remind anyone else of a cat? Something about her face, either the shape or her eyes, is very reminiscent of a cat to me. Anyone else?

Edited by lion10

Does Emily remind anyone else as a cat?  Something about her face, either the shape or her eyes, is very reminiscent of a cat to me.  Anyone else?

Sort of when she does a head tilt/eye squint thing, but the actress who really reminds me of a cat is the girl who plays young Selina Kyle on Gotham.  

How many men are Victoria's "love of her life".  So far it has been that french painter, David Clarke and Pascal.  Don't understand why she didn't tell Charlotte and Daniel that Emily had her locked away.  Anyway, hope by the end of this season, her and Charlotte are both gone and they can take Margo with them.

• Love 1

So I guess they're preparing this to be the last season. I never expected David to figure out the the Emily/Amanda connection so fast, and really have no idea where this show could even go. They've killed off all of the peripheral characters (except French chick). Even in its darkest season 2/3 days, you were waiting for Victoria to figure Emily out. That's done. I don't even know how they'll stretch this beyond 13 episodes, frankly.

(I'm assuming that Conrad will be back, and that's how)

Agreed. This episode was filled with people telling each other the truth right away, instead of letting it drag out several episodes. 

I think Vic thought she could get away with telling David that the dead "Amanda" was the real Amanda because she thinks David hasn't seen Amanda since she was a little kid, right?  She doesn't know that David was in touch with Nolan for a long time, almost until he "died", and so I guess I can believe that she thinks he'll be as fooled as everyone else was.  But, wasn't Nolan in contact with David for a very long time, including when Nolan was an adult, albeit a young one?  And Nolan was keeping tabs on Emily the whole time, which is how he knew to pick her up from jail.  Nolan had to have shown David pictures over the years.  Had to!  And surely David would have seen a newspaper or something in the recent past, and so he must know about all the crap that has befallen the Graysons, and what the dead "Amanda" looks like.  Surely that should be a clue that something's going on there!  I just have to believe that David is not at all fooled by Victoria but rather is attempting to fulfill his own revenge plan (even though that does not explain trying to kill "Emily Thorne" AT ALL).  Because if David really forgives Victoria?  Then the entire premise of this show is bullshit. 

I'm sorry, I just can't let this rant go just yet.  Emily has been all over the news b/c of her engagement to Daniel and his murder trial and various other adventures.  I do not believe that an alive and free David wouldn't be tracking all things Grayson related, and wouldn't have recognized his daughter.  I'm all for suspension of disbelief with some of this stuff, but for pete's sake, IT HAS TO MAKE SOME SORT OF SENSE!!!  If David really did collect all the original info that Emily had, and knew what was going on, and was in touch with Nolan for years, then this "Idiot David who has know idea what's going on and trusts Victoria" character has to either be up to something, or suffering from a near-fatal head injury.  Gah.  I'm actually kind of mad about this, apparently.  /Let it go, let it go...

"You mean this woman has ruined your life in the way I had entirely lined out for my daughter? Who probably was smart enough to change her name so you wouldn't see her coming, exactly like I laid out for her? Didn't you frame me, thus causing me to make an elaborte plan to ruin you like you are now? If only I had been laid these last few years instead of pretending to be dead, maybe I wouldn't be enthralled by your vagina, and I might be able to figure out what was going on. Instead, I must murder this girl who just happened to ruin your life, randomly, for you not setting me up."

Or, yeah, what Insomnia said!

I've never had any use for Charlotte, but this season is making me actively root for her death.  Ideally, a painful and slow one.

I'm very confused..... either the acting is bad or the writing is.

Option C: All of the above.​

Edited by Turtle
  • Love 5

Are they seriousy trying to rehabilitate Daniel? All this talk about how he's through playing games, him blowing off Victoria, and his more mature relationship with Margaux, like we're supposed to believe he's grown as a person all of a sudden. I'm sorry, but less than a year ago he shot his wife because he eavesdropped that she wasn't pregnant. Just shot her on their wedding day with no discussion, like he couldn't have gotten a quickie annulment under those circumstances. And then after he shot her, this douchebag spends her whole recovery time mocking her about it, and flaunting his affair with that ex-girlfriend until her mom grounded her. The same guy who has known about the conspiracy for a couple of years now and has done nothing about it. Nope, not ready to forgive him until gets a job folding shirts at the Gap for $10/hr and apologizes to Emily for everything and then dies heroically. And then only maybe.

Interesting that Emily told Victoria that no one knows about the fire except her and Charlotte, when Jack also knew. I guess she's protecting him.

Louise is a Class A crazy person. There is a good reason why her mom had her committed and doesn't give her access to the money.

Nolan is looking fine these days.

• Love 5

Daniel just seems like the same dopey non-factor he ever was.  I only feel a little sliver of sorry for him, because he gave Charlotte $7,000 he couldn't afford for rent, and she snorted it, and then he got kicked out of his place.  Of course, if he had deigned to start "working again" like the normal man, he would have found out that no one was interested in hiring him and then he could have gotten a reasonable place for himself instead of waiting until they had to kick him out of his posh hotel.

I don't even know why he thought an investment bank would want him.  Even without the scandal, his only work experience was at Grayson....the business owned by his family, how does that prove he is a competent investment banker?  Its like assuming I'm a master chef because my dad is Gordon Ramsay and he lets me work in the kitchen.  And then, the family business he works for is in total disarray and ruin, why would any investment bank, with loads of young, talented, driven people at their fingertips clamor to hire him?  They might have when he was in the society pages with Emily Thorne, just to get the entree into that privileged world, but if he loses that, what good is he to an investment bank?  

I feel like Louise has a plan with Daniel, and was probably talking to a dial tone just to get Daniel to talk to her so she could interact with/have some way to Victoria.  Oh well, I guess we won't get to see Daniel looking for a room at the YMCA.

• Love 1

Louise hates her rich mother and I'm hoping her mother shows up for another interesting twist.  Victoria was her surrogate mother in the mental hospital, and she abandoned Louise just like her birth mother did, so I'm hoping that Louise is now out for revenge against Victoria.  Clearly she's playing Daniel when she pretends that she doesn't know who he is and emphasizes that she's got lots of money.  I really hope that Margaux is playing Daniel too. That whole drama at the airport with her getting her brother arrested suggests to me that she's playing a long game.

So, just got around to watching this, which tells you something about how this show is just not fun for me to watch anymore. I feel like I'm watching this out of duty, rather than because I want to. I think I threw up in my mouth when David was fawning all over Victoria and Charlotte. I can't handle any more of those scenes.

Would a better introduction have been, "Hi, dad! I am a spoiled brat who has made no attempt to get a job because I just expect my brother to pay my $7000 rent, which I then spent on cocaine. Afterward, I lured your beloved daughter Amanda, who is alive, by the way, to Jack's bar - you remember Jack, right? Yeah, I decided to kill two birds with one stone by setting Jack's bar on fire after I knocked Amanda unconscious. When I'm not committing felonies, I am a snotty know it all self absorbed entitled brat. Nice to meet you!"?

Ha! I hate Charlotte so much. Please die soon.

David, on the other hand, is climbing the ranks of Dumbest Person on This Show, Ever.

Which, for this show, means he beat out some really, really stupid people. Like Declan for instance.

• Love 2

David so deftly diverted Charlotte's question about where he's been all along that I'm sure the writers have no idea how to explain it yet.  But I think they're leaning towards he was locked up somewhere and didn't have access to any news about the Graysons.  At least that's the only thing that might make sense (granted, it really doesn't).  Introducing another character to distract from the main story is just another diversion.  I'm so hoping we get Conrad back.

David so deftly diverted Charlotte's question about where he's been all along that I'm sure the writers have no idea how to explain it yet. But I think they're leaning towards he was locked up somewhere and didn't have access to any news about the Graysons. At least that's the only thing that might make sense (granted, it really doesn't). Introducing another character to distract from the main story is just another diversion. I'm so hoping we get Conrad back.

I'm willing to accept brainwashing as an excuse for whatever the hell David's problem is.

I would also like to have Conrad back. I was very upset at his demise, which I still hope was a fake out.

• Love 1

I want to add my 2 cents to the rant of this show.  The Hamptons must have the worst detectives in the world!  How the hell could they buy the idea that the fire at the Stowaway started from an electrical circuit.  I've seen enough CSI shows to know that anybody would be able to see the fire patterns on the floor and be able to tell it started there.  And so what because Jack says it was wiring then case closed, thats it?  And when did the bar become not important anymore to Jack?  The way he spoke it never was but if I remember correctly from past seasons he fought tooth & nail to keep it--isn't that why he sided with those 2 shady brothers in season 2 who became co-owners of the bar?

Bah!

Glad to see Nolan's hair tamed down a bit and I like Margeux's hair when her bangs are swept to the side.  Its a bit more modern and stylish like that.

• Love 2

So, just got around to watching this, which tells you something about how this show is just not fun for me to watch anymore. I feel like I'm watching this out of duty, rather than because I want to. 

This pretty much sums it up for me. I really thought last season was going to be the last, so I watched just to see the whole thing through. Now I'm watching again to see the whole thing through, but I don't know if I'll actually make it through the entire season.

• Love 2

If you are having problems watching the show, just do what I do: I hit the drama button any time anything supposedly shocking or dramatic (ie mind-numbingly stupid) happens. It adds an element of inter-activity, and adds something to the whole show.

Edited by Insomnia
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3

If you are having problems watching the show, just do what I do: I hit the drama button any time anything supposedly shocking or dramatic (ie mind-numbingly stupid) happens. It adds an element of inter-activity, and adds something to the whole show.

OMG, Insomnia, I don't think my life will ever be the same. I need this on my phone so I have it with me at all times.

• Love 1

Glad to see Nolan's hair tamed down a bit and I like Margeux's hair when her bangs are swept to the side.  Its a bit more modern and stylish like that.

I feel like they are going for a Daisy in Great Gatsby look for her, but they just never quite get it right.

• Love 1

Nolan needs more to do. That is all. Seriously the poor guy is getting bugger all of interesting material this season.

It looked like David might have figured out that Emily is his daughter after all. Just in the nick of time really.

The reunion with him, Charlotte and Victoria lacked punch though.

Victoria's entitlement about wanting revenge on Emily just makes her pathetic, not kick ass as the show seems to think it does.

Jack was right - Charlotte shouldn't get away with trying to kill Emily.

I really do not care about Daniel's financial woes but Louise certainly didn't have to do much to get his attention though.

I like Margaux but I hated so easily manipulated she was by Victoria though in this episode.

Ben is starting to come across as a stalker, 7/10

• Love 2

I thought this was a terrible episode. It felt as if a lot of stuff happened that should have been incredibly significant, but I didn't care.

I didn't care about David, David & Victoria, David, Victoria & Charlotte or David & Emily. I mean, David is alive and (possibly) recognized Emanda. This should be momentous. But David came off like a man with a mental disorder acting out a video game in a different show. I don't understand why the writers think we would care about him.

Victoria whipping out a rifle(?) and pointing it at Emily was ridiculous. At that very moment, I said (out loud), "I think it's time I stop watching this show." But I'm like Julie23 and GaT. I watch out of duty. I guess part of me is waiting to see if Emily and jack hook up.

Another couple of episodes, and then I'll give myself permission to give this up. 

This show ...

Has Madeline Stowe always been such a terrible actress?   I remember liking her in the past -- like 1990, Last of the Mohicans.   Now I'm thinking maybe it would have better if the Indians had burned her after all.

The plot is getting sillier all the time.   I half-expected Dex Dexter to show up in this episode.

• Love 1

Madeleine sure looks old now, too much surgeries by now, when the show began i thought she was stunning but now she just looks plastic.

So I've only watched until this episode, wouldn't the insurance company investigate if it was arson or accident to pay off Jack? 

If they do they'll see it was an intentional fire, perhaps they'll blame Emily since she was found inside and they catch Jack lying, claiming it was the wiring.

Isn't the mansion too big for 2 people living in it? and before Nolan moved in it was only Emily? 

Catching up on these episodes. 

I like the new style to Margaux's hair, but the color isn't right on her.   I find it interesting that she has a French accent, but her brother didn't. 

Yes, the insurance company should investigate the accident, and so does the fire dept.  I can't believe they will just accept the wiring excuse.  They should be able to figure out there was an accelerant.  Charlotte is such a bitch to burn down the bar.

I couldn't see the expression on David's face, my screen was too dark, but I too can't believe that Victoria's lie will hold up.  I think David would trust Nolan over anyone else, I don't understand why he hasn't gone to see him?