Type keyword(s) to search

Thomas Ravenel & Kathryn Dennis: Will He Put A Ring On It?

• Start Topic

Plus, I feel like I give Kathryn a hard time, but to be honest, she is with Kenzie a lot. She is with her all the time. If she is not with her, Kenzie is with her father.

From what we've been shown, and what I've read, Kathryn lives with her parents and they take care of her baby when she goes into town to spend the night(s). I think Thomas only sees the baby on special occasions or maybe every other weekend. If that. Given the fact that we only see what Kathryn wants us to see and believe via online social media, one never really knows. I have read of more times that Kathryn and Thomas have been seen fighting in public than I have read about them holding hands.

Or Thomas just getting drunk and doing something stupid. Again.

If the reunion really was in May then Kathryn was around two months pregnant and I'm sure knew it. That makes things seen on that show way worse. The way he was yelling at her and threatening her. Poor, poor kids.

• Love 3

If the reunion really was in May then Kathryn was around two months pregnant and I'm sure knew it. That makes things seen on that show way worse. The way he was yelling at her and threatening her. Poor, poor kids.

It's usually filmed a week or two before it's aired, so yes..... the poor kids coming into the middle of that relationship. Here's hoping they each find someone to have a stable, loving relationship with. Not with each other. Too toxic, and kids will learn that behavior.

• Love 2

I feel terribly sad for all the parties involved in this mess...but at least T-Rav is getting the son we all know he's always *really* wanted. On the flipside, hopefully the son's not treated like the Golden Child while poor Kingsley ends up overlooked and unappreciated for having the misfortune to not be the one who "carries on the family name."

The one I feel the worst for((beyond just Katherine's poor parents who will likely get stuck with yet another kid to babysit for while their daughter goes out and drinks herself into Kiki)) is Katherine.

It's so pathetic that she feels like her only viable economic option as an adult is her family stock and basically hitching up with some old drunk with a similar family name for child support checks.

I guess college and finding a true career is too much for her. She'd rather just live as a kept woman---and it doesn't even matter if her mate loves her or not, so long as he pays for her lifestyle and takes her to parties with open bars.

What a mess.

• Love 5

What are the odds that the kids turn out better than their parents?

Either trashy or irresponsible like the mother or spoilt like the father, if he provides well for them.

There's almost no place to go but up.  Both the mother and the father have set a very low bar.

• Love 2

I hope the big twist this season is that the baby boy scion turns out to be Craig's, or maybe Whitney's. Hmmm... which would be more fun? I would laugh hard if there was a question of paternity between those two and Thomas.

• Love 1

This situation really bothers me. There are millions of dysfunctional parents in the world - none of us are naive about that - and in my own life I've known parents who spent minimal time with their children. But it's still sobering to watch two self-absorbed nitwits determinedly bring children into their midst. I don't know if I can watch this.

I honestly do not believe Kathryn and Thomas spend much of each day with Kensie. The children will exist to fulfill Thomas' need to pass along his genes, and as a hoped-for meal ticket for Kathryn. Even if Kathryn and Thomas occasionally spend quality time with their children, it doesn't resolve the fact that these two clowns behave so abominably toward each other.

• Love 4

The kids Kathryn gives birth to don't carry the Ravenel name unless he marries her right?

It wouldn't be surprising if he marries some more "respectable" woman, still a lot younger than him but more acceptable to his family and then had children with her.

He could still provide for and leave something to the "bastard" children but Kathryn may be deluding herself if she thinks Thomas will have to marry her eventually.

Kensie was christened as Kensington Calhoun Ravenel last season, so I don't know what the laws are in SC regarding the name on the birth certificate matching the one during that fake christening ceremony. Here in NC if the mother isn't married to the father, the kids get their mother's last name.

• Love 1

Kensie was christened as Kensington Calhoun Ravenel last season, so I don't know what the laws are in SC regarding the name on the birth certificate matching the one during that fake christening ceremony. Here in NC if the mother isn't married to the father, the kids get their mother's last name.

I'm not sure how true that is regarding NC law. My best friend was not married to her baby's daddy but her daughter still has the sperm donors last name. He is listed as the father on the birth certificate but they are not and never were married.

If the baby looks like Little Lord Fauntleroy we'll know it's Whitney's, if it has no personality it's Craig's, and if it has a W.C. Fields nose, it's Thomas'. No DNA tests needed.

Funniest thing I have read today. Kadooz!

This pregnancy proves that Thomas and Kathryn are the two biggest chucklefucks in a world swarming with them.  While I am grateful that neither were quoted as "being over the moon" (barf) in the official announcement, it makes me stabby when grown ass people (TM some Howife) who are hooking up sans birth control claim to be surprised by a pregnancy.  Do you not know how it works?  Didn't you learn from the first baby?   When you make Kim and Kanye look like fucking neurosurgeons, you need to check yourself.

I feel sorry for both children.  Neither parent is particularly smart and both are a few sandwiches short of a picnic.

• Love 5

Wow. I am really torn. On the one hand, how tragic for TWO kids to have to grow up in the midst of this dysfunctional on/off insane relationship. But on the other hand, damn, this will make for some good TV! Maybe Kensie and Junior can get a two-for-one deal on the inevitable therapy they will need.

• Love 2

She's got the B-52s hairdo going in this photo. The comments are hilarious at times.

https://www.facebook.com/SouthernCharmBravo/posts/408608152670545?comment_id=408872175977476&ref=notif&notif_t=like

I could have gone on reading the comments for hours. Didn't much care for the comments about class/society life, but I did enjoy the brevity (or do I mean "gravity"? LOL) of this succinctly judgmental gem:

I wish better for my daughters.

• Love 1

She's pregnant out of wedlock by Thomas for a second time, and this time the pregnancy will be onscreen for everyone to see. Bravo is probably pissing their pants trying to get this on the air as soon as they can.

Are they actually filming now? I don't see any media mentions of it (not really looking much) and can hardly wait for next season to get me through the winter doldrums.

I'll bet the producers are hoping against hope that Thomas and Kathryn will reveal that they've run off to the registrar's office and gotten married so the son and heir will be legitimate. Then they'll plan an elaborate and ridiculously expensive wedding for next June when she's lost the baby weight.

Either that or that they'll have another epic screaming fight at some (totally made-up) Charleston social event. Maybe a Christmas Ball modeled on one they'll claim the Ravenel family hosted on their plantation for many years before that horrible war took away all the good, free help. That would give Kathryn a chance to wear a hoop skirt and hide her "delicate condition". Then she could chase Thomas down a marble staircase and beg him to return to the party, and he could say, "My dear, I don't give a damn!" 

Edited by RedHawk
  • Love 2

Are they actually filming now? I don't see any media mentions of it (not really looking much) and can hardly wait for next season to get me through the winter doldrums.

They are filming, some shots were posted in the Media thread showing Kathyrn and Shep. I cannot wait for this trainwreck to start moving. I think the flooding has hampered some filming plans, from what someone down there told me, but suffice it to say that will most likely be included in the upcoming season. JD's restaurant stayed open through the entire disaster.

• Love 2

Interesting name. I would have spelled it Julian though and I think as a whole Julian is much better than Kensington as a name. 

I saw via Instagram that she just had a baby shower over the weekend with the Southern Charm crew in attendance. 

All snark aside hopefully Julian is ok. 

I completely agree that names carry great consequences.  The problem for any son of TR is that the surname is "Ravenel."  The first name matters not a whit when carrying the disgrace of Ravenel.

The irony is deep and delicious as to the legend of St. Julian, who was said to have murdered adulterers in his family before repenting and becoming a well-known and loved innkeeper.

• Love 4

Cooper has answered our questions about the new baby's name and he's taking the Post and Courier to task about it!

https://twitter.com/KCooperRayCHS/status/664641712984166400

K. Cooper Ray ‏@KCooperRayCHS  3h3 hours ago South Carolina, USA
Tolerable when idiot commenters honk about naming St. Julien but the @postandcourier ?! KNOW your #Charleston history or get the hell out.

In response to a tweet from the writer of the article questioning what part of her article was inaccurate, Cooper replied:

https://twitter.com/KCooperRayCHS/status/664648966013751296

K. Cooper Ray ‏@KCooperRayCHS  2h2 hours ago South Carolina, USA
K. Cooper Ray Retweeted Liz Foster
"While it’s unclear how the couple decided on the boy’s name" Dr. St. Julien is a GIANT in CHS history. Very clear.

I Googled "Dr. St. Julien" and from a Wiki article discovered that the Doctor in question is Dr. St. Julien Ravenel!  So it's a family name.  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/St._Julien_Ravenel

St. Julien Ravenel (December 15, 1819 – March 16, 1882) was an American physician and agricultural chemist. During the American Civil War, he designed the torpedo boat CSS David that was used to attack the Union ironclad USS New Ironsides. Following the war, he helped pioneer the use of fertilizers in agriculture and led the growth of phosphate fertilizer manufacturing in Charleston, South Carolina.

Glad Cooper cleared that up! :D

Edited by ProudMary
  • Love 1

Regardless of the original St. Julien's contributions to Charleston and the glamorous, exciting world of fertilizers, St. Julien is still a ridiculous and pretentious name for a 21st century human baby - for a racehorse, okay; a new craft beer, fine; a canonized performer of miracles, no problem - but for the offspring of two reality TV c-list stars it's laughable. Seriously, am I the only one who laughed out loud when they read the name of the newest Ravenel?

• Love 19

Why would Katherine let Thomas name the new baby?  Didn't he leave her and is seeing someone else?

And they're not even C-list.

Kathy Griffin is on the D-list and no way these people are above her.

• Love 2

It's appropriate that a baby whose parents are so full of shit would be named after someone who was so fond of fertilizer.

One of my brothers has long lamented the family name he was saddled with. I think I'll tell him this kid's name. It might make him feel better.

Edited by Bronzedog
  • Love 6