Type keyword(s) to search

Thomas Ravenel & Kathryn Dennis: Will He Put A Ring On It?

• Start Topic

No problem, CatMomma. :) I just figure ol' Thomas was three sheets to the wind or high as a kite and forgot all about keeping it covered. While Kathryn knew what she was doing, since she'd tried it with Shep and Whitney and neither of them bit for a second date.

Absolutely, but I don't think this is the first time TRav has had a drunken hookup (dude strikes me as a heavy drinker). I find it hard to believe that with his family name and money, a woman hasn't tried before.  Somehow, he managed to avoid having babies for years. He is no victim.

• Love 1

Oh, I agree, I don't think he's a victim. And he's not claiming to be, he admitted his "mea culpa" in all of this. I just think the train was driven by Kathryn and he was a willing passenger. :)

• Love 1

I'm new to this show and I'm catching up on video on demand.  

I don't know what this Kathyrn has going for her.  She's sour constantly.  And at the young age of 22.  He may be an asshole, but I've yet to find anything redeeming about her.  I don't even think she's that great looking.  Rather old looking for a 22 year-old.

• Love 4

I read the post. It's gone now and he says someone hacked his computer and that the post was odd and that he is now pondering the oddness of it. Sounds like he was drunk and is trying to remember what he did last night. I guess he isn't getting married to a woman that is not a whore. Oh, Thomas. Please come back to Southern Charm. 

• Love 1

I wonder if Kathryn didn't find out about Thomas's. Cheating ways until after she had Kensie. We really have no clue how her pregnancy went because it was basically under photo lockdown. After she had Kensie, she seemed to be pretty happy. About two months after having Kensie and around the time that Kensie was Baptized, Kathryn became very bitter and the two started to live separate lives. I wonder if she became knowledgable of his cheating ways during that time and that is why she became so insecure, bitter, and worried anytime a woman came around?

I agree! I am so confused by all of this. I personally would find it hard to love someone who cheated on me while pregnant and perhaps after pregnancy while being torn down for not supporting him in the way he expects to be supported.

• Love 1

Thomas made a post on Facebook yesterday about his childhood nanny. He said that she helped cook, clean, and take care of his mother's six children. I understand that this is old south, but it somewhat gave me an insight into his expectations as far as being a housewife is concerned. I also believe that it shows his mother's lack of being a real mother and a wife. My stepdad is a higher political figure for our state and travels A LOT. My husband is on the same track through the military; however, my mother nor I ever needed a nanny for my raising or my young children's raising.

It is sad that he looks as his childhood and automatically feels like his own daughter needs a nanny. I can see where it could come in handy while doing public events or traveling to do publicity for Bravo; however, a nanny is not needed for everyday activities and raising. In his latest posts with Kensie, it shows him boating and out and about at Brookland, but he has the nanny with him to help take care of HIS child. I am sure the nanny probably is beneficial for him because I don't know if I could trust his drunk butt with my child; but it does show some insight into his pissy ways with Kathryn. I remember that one scene in particular where he criticized Kathryn for the food getting cold when she was trying to lay Kensie down and stated that his mother was able to get a warm dinner on the table for his dad every night with six kids. It didn't seem like Kathryn wanted to utilize the nanny as much as he wanted her to.

They've been filming snippets here and there. Not sure if the full-blown episode scenes have been shot yet.

Possibly so little is actually happening in their lives that there isn't enough to create stories? I mean, Andy had to convince Thomas to run for Senate in order to fill out last season, or at least it seemed that way. If Thomas and Kathryn have cooled their crazy, then there's of course the other characters and maybe a new one or two. Their normal stuff would be enough for my enjoyment, but do the producers think that way or are they hoping for Drama?

I am guessing that Thomas and Kathryn are not together at all and haven't been since May/June? Whatever happen to the rumors of her being pregnant? I definitely think she is because she has not posted a new picture of her below her chest since the one charity event when it appeared she was pregnant.

Unless I am misreading this is her a week ago I still have never seen any photos with the baby bump which started the rumors early in summer, she doesn't seem to be pregnant. She just has some clothes that highlight the fact that unless she is wearing spanks she hasn't gotten her pre Kensie figure completely back. A great body just not the toothpick in a bikini she was in the first season.

Edited by biakbiak

I think it's an old picture, judging by what I'm reading in the caption. She's notorious for reposting pictures of herself, particularly from her brief (cough) modeling (cough) career (cough, cough) and trying to pass them off as current. Her face is definitely fuller in recent photos. If Kathryn really is pregnant and was pregnant when the rumors started circulating, she'd really be showing at this point. It would be impossible to hide it. I also agree with Cooks that Kathryn is not above perpetuating the rumor for attention. Lets just say I wouldn't be surprised either way - pregnant or not.

• Love 1

Yeah but we may not be able to see the mess until next summer.

They would surely want to film after the birth of the second child in December and then with all the editing and production, they may not have anything ready for like 6 months after the birth.

So is the baby due in December? I didn't see that in the article, figured she was maybe in the 4th month now and ready to announce. I guess she was hiding a pregnancy after all. 

In the article she is quoted saying of Thomas' reaction: "Thomas is still soaking in the news and trying to make his changes. He travels a lot with polo and he’s very busy. He’s just kind of adjusting right now, I think. But, you know, he is excited," she added.

My interpretation of that is as follows:

Thomas is busy living his own life and doing whatever rich, drunk aging Southern playboy things he wants to do. Despite my best attempts, I'm no closer to getting him to settle down, marry me, or treat me with the respect I deserve because I am the Mother of His Children. At first he was shocked that I was pregnant because the last time we had sex we were both falling-down drunk and he doesn't remember it. Now that we've learned it's a boy he's excited because being a father twice over makes him look like an actual adult man, and he'll have a son to carry on the Ravenel name and inherit that planation out in the middle of nowhere. His dad will also give him a $25,000 bonus for having a son. I hope he gives me a share of that, by the way. 

• Love 10

Thomas has no intentions of marrying her. Even she said that they're friends and speaking, etc. He'll leave the child rearing to her but he will still be involved on their lives. On the weekends. Deliberately not using birth control when you know the person you're having a fling with isn't for you..... that's just idiotic.

• Love 4

These two...the gift that keeps on giving; too bad their are kids involved. On a shallow note, did Andy C. call it and say they'd be hooking up after the reunion and then he asked when was the last time they were together and Kathryn said "2-3 weeks ago":

• Love 2

These two...the gift that keeps on giving; too bad their are kids involved. On a shallow note, did Andy C. call it and say they'd be hooking up after the reunion and then he asked when was the last time they were together and Kathryn said "2-3 weeks ago":

Yes! Andy totally called it. That sick bastard.

• Love 1

If women still chase Thomas, he's going to keep trying to have his cake and eat it.

If his options were more limited, maybe he's more likely to settle down, decide to be more with the kids.

In the first season, Danni turned him down and maybe one other?  Then he turned to Kathryn.

In the second season, they were "together" (maybe a fiction for the filming) but would leave her out on the plantation while he slipped into town to carouse.  That event on the ship, all these women were coming up to him, saying they voted for him and wanted to take pictures with him.

If nothing else, he'll keep doing the show just for the fame (or infamy) that brings him play from random women because he's on TV.

• Love 2

I'm sure Thomas will pay child support and take the little boy with him to polo matches, etc. Kensie may get left behind due to her sibling being a brother that Daddy and Grandaddy see as the next incarnation of themselves. I still cannot understand a young girl who's said many times that she misses hanging out with her friends and having fun, now having another baby. She's gone about all of this husband-nabbing thing backwards.

• Love 7

I think she misses doing stuff with her friends, but I also don't think it is as much as we think. I am a 28 year old SAHM with two kiddos and a husband who is always gone (military) and I can honestly say that I miss my friends too. Not because I miss going out, but I miss just being with them and talking to them and it is the same for my friends. I only have two children. Most of my friends have 5+ kids.

Plus, I feel like I give Kathryn a hard time, but to be honest, she is with Kenzie a lot. She is with her all the time. If she is not with her, Kenzie is with her father. I don't think Kathryn is as horrible as I make her out to be. I really think she might have turned her life around. Is she immature? Absolutely! She is 24. She has a lot to learn and a lot to live. It could be worse though. She could be getting into bar fights.... oh wait, that is the 50 year old father of the children :)

• Love 3