Type keyword(s) to search

Thomas Ravenel & Kathryn Dennis: Will He Put A Ring On It?

• Start Topic

On 6/18/2018 at 6:22 PM, movingtargetgal said:

That video of Thomas and Kythryn dancing was a riot.  Thomas is so the drunk uncle at every wedding reception.

He's really an embarrassment...to men, to his self important family name, to Americans, to North Americans, to his precious Huguenot heritage...basically any group he could be put into, he's an embarrassment to. Including dancing white dudes. And you know he probably thought he was being ultra sexay and Katherine was about to melt into a puddle in his presence. The dude is deluded beyond...

• Love 10
On 6/2/2018 at 3:38 PM, biakbiak said:

They’re bringing that boring Summer House back and the ratings are good so I doubt it will be the last season. Heck Southern Charm Savannah got another season and that was awful and had crap ratings.

Savannah was a hot mess but I liked it way more than New Orleans!  I quit watching New Orleans. 

• Love 5
On 6/20/2018 at 11:52 AM, gingerella said:

He's really an embarrassment...to men, to his self important family name, to Americans, to North Americans, to his precious Huguenot heritage...basically any group he could be put into, he's an embarrassment to. Including dancing white dudes. And you know he probably thought he was being ultra sexay and Katherine was about to melt into a puddle in his presence. The dude is deluded beyond...

Did anyone else watch the old miniseries North and South back in the day?  (AKA Patrick Swayze Goes to West Point and Everything Else Sucks After That?)  TRav is Justin LeMott. 

image.png.18ab5c9cf9036249326775c2e6912c52.png   image.png.65299a6a1a029078ba50abaf7bccee67.png

Break out the laudanum for the recalcitrant wimmins ...

• Love 13

OMG!  Bravo is running the episode where Thomas lost his election bid. 

I had no idea he ran against Lindsey Graham.  Was it a primary?  Thomas is a democrat?

There was actually a real life scenerio in which Lindsey Graham was the lesser of two evils? 

My head is exploding. 

• Love 10
12 minutes ago, dosodog said:

OMG!  Bravo is running the episode where Thomas lost his election bid. 

I had no idea he ran against Lindsey Graham.  Was it a primary?  Thomas is a democrat?

There was actually a real life scenerio in which Lindsey Graham was the lesser of two evils? 

My head is exploding. 

I think Thomas ran as an Independent.

• Love 2
(edited)
On ‎6‎/‎20‎/‎2018 at 9:47 AM, gunderda said:

Savannah was a hot mess but I liked it way more than New Orleans!  I quit watching New Orleans. 

The original is still the best.  Couldn't stand the other two and stopped watching.

I wonder if Ashley from Savannah ever cleaned out that packrat house if hers.  Even the damn goldfish bowl was cluttered and the fish had to little space to swim in.

Hope she's not coming back. 

Edited by Giselle
I never heard of a oackrat before but at least I can spell it.
  • Love 3
(edited)
10 hours ago, Lemur said:

Did anyone else watch the old miniseries North and South back in the day?  (AKA Patrick Swayze Goes to West Point and Everything Else Sucks After That?)  TRav is Justin LeMott. 

image.png.18ab5c9cf9036249326775c2e6912c52.png   image.png.65299a6a1a029078ba50abaf7bccee67.png

I think all of the miniseries was filmed in Charleston. Part was filmed at Boone Hall, a Charleston plantation I visited when I went to Charleston over twenty years ago. Thomas would've done well in the Charleston pre-Civil War.

Edited by babyhouseman
added words
  • Love 1
9 hours ago, zenme said:

Thomas WISHES he was still in pre-Civil War Charleston!

Shhh. Dont tell him he is not in pre civil war charleston it will confuse him

• Love 7
On 6/21/2018 at 1:35 PM, Lemur said:

Yessssssss?! And the blue and the gray, and shogun, and the thorn birds. Wow, the eighties was the decade of the miniseries. I remember all of them and I was pretty young. 

• Love 3
(edited)

I am #TeamLu from the get go (obvi) and I am no fan of Ashley, but what people are saying to her on social media is not right. She needs real help, not death threats and ridicule. It's sickening all the way around. As others have said, she needs to get herself THE HECK off social media and away from Thomas/Southern Charm.  Just like with Kathryn, Thomas is doing her no favors. 

ETA: I actually wonder if Thomas is using Ashley as a human shield because all of the focus is on her crazy and not as much on his sexual assault allegations.

Edited by RedDelicious
  • Love 10
46 minutes ago, RedDelicious said:

ETA: I actually wonder if Thomas is using Ashley as a human shield because all of the focus is on her crazy and not as much on his sexual assault allegations.

Thomas? The gallant, thoughtful, reasonable knight in shining armor? The man who carefully and lovingly impregnated a 21 year old college dropout/drug addict? The man who blamed his election loss not on his felony conviction but on the antics of said 21 year old? The man who has verbally attacked both Cameran and Chelsea, loudly and angrily, on camera? Hell, yes she’s his human shield. It’s telling that he has done nothing to defend or support her on social media. 

• Love 13
On 6/26/2018 at 9:01 AM, ozzy said:

everybody go to Reddit website and enter r/ Southern Charm and check out the Ashley mess!

Lots of tea there

For the life of me, I can't figure out Reddit.  I can't even figure out where to look!

• Love 6

I've never been a fan of Katherine's due to her out of control behavior and her near-empathyless tirade on her friend after she had a baby with serious health issues. That was appalling to say the least. However, while I'm happy to see she appears to be working on herself, her addiction, her behavior, etc., I find it interesting that so many viewers think she's changed her behavior significantly. To me, her current behavior doesn't necessarily point towards actual behavior change, but rather someone who is heavily medicated, and who, without those meds, might revert right back to the out of control behavior we saw for most of this show's tenure. I feel like it's difficult to know if we're seeing actual change, or sedation, because she seems so low key and mellow most of this season, which is a 180 from who we know her to be...just my two cents.  Regardless, her children deserve a stable, even keeled mother so if meds help her remain even keeled, I'm all for it. Just an observation...

• Love 9
9 hours ago, gingerella said:

To me, her current behavior doesn't necessarily point towards actual behavior change, but rather someone who is heavily medicated, and who, without those meds, might revert right back to the out of control behavior we saw for most of this show's tenure

Well yeah, if you have a mental illness, you may NEED medication to be stable. There nothing wrong or shifty or not real about that. 

I am happy for Kathryn that she appears to be regaining control over her life. I do wish she would back off all of the HiAshley stuff she is posting on Twitter. I think Ashley is fully capable of making herself look bad enough on her own.

• Love 18
11 hours ago, gingerella said:

I've never been a fan of Katherine's due to her out of control behavior and her near-empathyless tirade on her friend after she had a baby with serious health issues. That was appalling to say the least. However, while I'm happy to see she appears to be working on herself, her addiction, her behavior, etc., I find it interesting that so many viewers think she's changed her behavior significantly. To me, her current behavior doesn't necessarily point towards actual behavior change, but rather someone who is heavily medicated, and who, without those meds, might revert right back to the out of control behavior we saw for most of this show's tenure. I feel like it's difficult to know if we're seeing actual change, or sedation, because she seems so low key and mellow most of this season, which is a 180 from who we know her to be...just my two cents.  Regardless, her children deserve a stable, even keeled mother so if meds help her remain even keeled, I'm all for it. Just an observation...

I’m not sure it’s just the meds - she also seems to have had enough therapy to give her insights about what was really happening in her relationship with Thomas, the gaslighting etc.

• Love 10
3 hours ago, iloveit said:

Well yeah, if you have a mental illness, you may NEED medication to be stable. There nothing wrong or shifty or not real about that.

I am happy for Kathryn that she appears to be regaining control over her life. I do wish she would back off all of the HiAshley stuff she is posting on Twitter. I think Ashley is fully capable of making herself look bad enough on her own.

Thanks. I was trying to figure out a nice way to share my thoughts, but you did it for me.

I can’t say much about Kathryn, because reality TV manipulates everything and there’s no way to tell if her storyline is genuine or producer manipulation. But in real life, some people need medication to live healthy lives, and it’s dangerous to imply or suggest that taking medication for life is a bad thing or alters the person in a bad way. That’s the reason why Kathryn went off her meds in the first place, which led to the week of seclusion. Again, no way to know if that was for real or for the show, but it’s a real enough phenomenon for people who take daily meds for mental health. 

• Love 11
Just now, SuprSuprElevated said:

I hate that posts about Kathryn have to be put here, in a combined thread with TR, but here goes.

Maybe just a touch dramatic?  (the caption)  lol

Screenshot (84).png

I agree. Let's have separate threads for them!

• Love 6