Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E08: No Show Or Go Show?

The ladies return from Mission Beach with more baggage than they started out with and all somewhat stunned at the turn of events. Can Chyka's fancy soiree at Luminare iron things out and will Gina even show up?

I kinda love Ben and Jackie for being a less malevolent and homicidal version of Mickey and Mallory. They're in love and completely delusional. They're planning a launch party for a beverage that they haven't even thought about the flavors, bottling, production, or website. Only Ben and Jackie would think this situation is reasonable.

There is not enough schadenfreude in the world to convey what I'll feel for Andrea when her book is published. How on earth could Andrea sit there and hear the opposite when the publisher politely told Andrea that she's a rich snobby nobody who should start smaller? I think she's completely justified in her anger at Gina for how Gina behaved at the tennis outing, but I can't feel sorry for Andrea because she's an asshole.

I feel for Janet about her son. However, how could she act like suddenly cool with Gina.

Chyka is a class act in everything, but her terrible wardrobe. That dress at her party was not flattering.

Edited by HunterHunted
  • Love 2

I hope Ben's rock star career is as popular as Jackie make it out to be.  When they're discussing monetary matters on this show keep in mind that the Australian dollar is equal to approximately the same amount in US$ minus 10%.  For instance, he's dropping the equivalent of $900 on one teddy at the lingerie store (or so we're led to to believe).

I imagine the production people behind this show were eager to drum up some drama, but targeting Gina seems so forced with really lame reason.  Wouldn't Andrea have been a better focus?  There seems to be an awful lot that could have been picked on there.

Bruce...is interesting, 

• Love 1

So Andrea sat in front of a bunch of moms and told them they were nothing compared to her and didn't hear them say her lists were crrraazzyy.  Then she goes to one of the top publishers (her words) and tells her she's wrong and that her book is all about her telling an imaginary mum that is hating on her how to have her fabulous life instead of the sad, ugly life that the mum has.   She's making this up, right?  

Also having spent some time in Australia Andrea needs to get over the whole c***.  Although here in the US saying c*** is on par with n***** that is not true of Australia or Ireland for that matter.  It is considers crude but it is tossed about in bars like bitch.  I loved Jackie saying she was crude too and Andrea explaining that that was a classy crude.  What?  

• Love 3
Also having spent some time in Australia Andrea needs to get over the whole c***.  Although here in the US saying c*** is on par with n***** that is not true of Australia or Ireland for that matter.  It is considers crude but it is tossed about in bars like bitch.

Seriously!  Just as ridiculous is Lydia, she of the innuendos and that scene of her in her bra while clothes shopping with her step-son or  grabbing Jackie's boobs, being oh so offended.  They clearly needed a reason for making Gina the target and pulled at any available strings, regardless of how small and inconsequential. 

• Love 2

I just can't decide how I feel about Jackie. On the one hand, I get (or assume) that she's somewhat joking when she talks about how hot she is and more power to her if she isn't joking at all. But then she's just delusional with the alcohol launch and so nouveau tacky with "what's your most expensive French champagne? That's what we want!"

Andrea, on the other hand, I just can't stand. Sure, you know more than this publisher. Focus group be damned! And, was the little clip meant to tell us that Gina called Lydia a c--- but not Andrea? And she only said that about Lydia for fanning the flames of the argument with Jackie?

• Love 2

From what I understand, the whole legal stuff between Gina and the other women probably couldn't be explained on the show in full detail.  From what I remember of viewing the episodes, Gina was saying stuff about Lydia and not Andrea.  So I can understand Lydia being a little upset with Gina, but not Andrea.

I could see from the first episode when Gina, Lydia, and Andrea were having drinks that Andrea really didn't like Gina all that much while I think Lydia and Gina were actually more friends.  I do get that Gina's lateness and double talking could annoy people, but not to the extent that is being seen on this show.

I'd rather they showed more of Janet and Cyka's personal lives then the manufactured drama we have seen.  While Jackie and Ben seem like a trainwreck waiting to happen, at least we've seen them more on their own in their day to day life then some of the other women thus far.

• Love 1

I thought it was great when the waitress laughed at Jackie for ordering the most expensive French champagne.

Andrea obviously can't be that busy if she has time to write a book just to try to get back at someone. She just refuses to listen to anyone. And on a side note, I've learned over time that anyone who thinks they have a great life doesn't have to go around telling everyone all the time. I wonder what it is that makes her so miserable.

I loved Gina's dress and shoes for the party. Very nice. And Jackie did look great in that last piece of lingerie she tried on.

• Love 3

Ordering the "most expensive" bottle of bubbly on the menu and telling your waitperson that's the cost of Pradas for you makes you *c****y* in my world - I don't care how much you lurve your weak-chinned has been hubby.

"c****y" would be "a c***" in places other than Americer.  :-)

ETA - that's why I revert to the tried & true Monty Python's "silly bunt"

Edited by Mya Stone
  • Love 6

I was annoyed with Jackie ordering the most expensive bottle of whatever it was. First, do they make that kind of money? And second, just because its the most expensive doesn't make it the best.

I buy the .58 bottle of water at the checkout at my local store because I think Evian tastes what I think water from the toilet would taste like.

• Love 3

So Andrea sat in front of a bunch of moms and told them they were nothing compared to her and didn't hear them say her lists were crrraazzyy.  Then she goes to one of the top publishers (her words) and tells her she's wrong and that her book is all about her telling an imaginary mum that is hating on her how to have her fabulous life instead of the sad, ugly life that the mum has.   She's making this up, right?  

That was something, wasn't it? She is just so hateful. I thought the publisher made a lot of sense, esp. about writing a blog to build readers and form a trust with them first. But nope - it wasn't what Andrea wanted to hear, so in one ear and out the other. Cuz she knows best. I love how she ended with saying she'll probably "self-publish" just to save face.

• Love 3

Also having spent some time in Australia Andrea needs to get over the whole c***.

Ditto. I hate the word myself and don't use it, but lived in the UK for a bit and it's used pretty liberally…and to refer to MEN, as well. Anyone who's seen Shaun of the Dead might remember Nick delivering the line, "Can I get any of you c--ts a drink?"

• Love 2

So Ben buys 5 carat diamonds for no reason except "I love You".? Not to mention the charter boat, 4K in lingerie, a $900 bottle of wine. Then they sit at the table and talk about a business that is no more that a whim, with no solid plan. There are liquor companies that have who chemical divisions to create flavors and tastes, not to mention manufacturing, marketing, etc. They are completely delusional. I hope Ben has endless  amounts of money, because they are going to need it to keep Jackie in stuff and to pour into the business. 

I still do not understand why Janet did a 180 with Gina. Because she was late? Really? that makes you hate on someone that you have been friends with for years?

Chyka's party looked like one of the few RH parties that didn't look producer driven. There were a ton of people there. 

My hate for Andrea grows each week. Now a publisher tells her that she is going about writing her advice book, if you can even call it that, the wrong way. Instead of listening, she dismisses her, saying both that all motherhood is waiting for this book while those that don't agree with her are jealous haters. Does anyone know if her book is out? I am dying to know if anyone has laid down real money for it. 

I love Gina and I get that OTT makeup is her signature, but I find the use of a lipliner that is many shades darker than the lip color she uses quite disconcerting.

That was something, wasn't it? She is just so hateful. I thought the publisher made a lot of sense, esp. about writing a blog to build readers and form a trust with them first. But nope - it wasn't what Andrea wanted to hear, so in one ear and out the other. Cuz she knows best. I love how she ended with saying she'll probably "self-publish" just to save face.

She won't blog because all she has are examples of schedules and rules. If she posted 5 times, that would be her entire book free to the world with nothing left to add. IMO

• Love 4

Lydia also is despicable. The only thing I'd miss about her if she didn't do a season 2 is seeing the mulberry bag she carries because i have the same one on chocolate brown. It's probably the cheapest bag in her closet! She seriously needs to shut the fuck up.

Andrea is totally ridiculous and delusional to boot. She knows everybody thinks her book idea is a pile of crap which is why she now is thinking self-publishing may be the way to go. What a nutcase. 

• Love 2

I definitely found this to be one of the most entertaining episodes so far. Glad to see that everyone has latched onto the hideousness of Andrea - in what world could that meeting with the publisher have been said to go "well" - and I got such a huge giggle over Jackie and Ben. It's going to take more than just positivity to overcome all those "negos", girlfriend. Let's see: they hadn't registered the product name, hadn't decided on a bottle shape, didn't know their alcohol percentage would result in instability, hadn't considered all their flavors fully (and whether they'd use juices or merely flavoring) and weren't fully aware of the alcohol tax ramifications...but by all means, let's have a launch party in four weeks. Didn't Chyka try to talk some sense into Jackie about the various factors that she needed to consider when starting in on this venture a few episodes ago (Jackie brushed her off then, too). I must say that Jackie's angels are going to need to be working overtime. I hope they also have a decent financial manager who will somehow mange to rein the two of them in for their own good.

• Love 5

This episode and in general, Jackie and Ben were comedy gold. This is why I watch reality TV. The meeting at the distillery was awesome. Unfortunately by next season we'll probably start seeing the usual trend toward scripted episodes.

It was interesting to see how insecure Andrea got at the party when her husband joined them. I believe her husband probably had a lot to do with the decision to not come back for another season. I doubt he was too pleased with her once he saw the episodes.

• Love 4

I will miss Andrea if we are lucky enough to have the second season aired because she is so utterly delusional and self righteously pretentious. Not that it needs to be pointed out, by the universe is not waiting for words of wisdom from a wealthy woman who has multiple nannies. I don't even accept that she is running a business in any real sense since I would suspect that it is an adjunct to her husband's plastic surgery practice as many of the large plastic surgery practices in Los Angeles have an adjunct "cosmetic" side and even peddle creams and cleansers. 

I would think most working mothers (hell most working people) would have no problem with organization if they had staff taking care of house and children and a job that provided the kind of flexible hours that she has.

Jackie is the Australian version of hillbilly trash marrying a wealthy person. Her taste, such as it is, is governed by what is *trendy* at the moment and what it costs. However, she is well matched with Ben since he also seems to lack any kind of sophistication. I loathe psychics and other spiritualists on general principle but she seems harmless. Despite admiring Gina's coolness under the pressure, I don't quite understand why psychics are demons but traditional religion isn't. So far as I am concerned, belief in any form of religion is not less rational than a belief in psychics or any other kind of supernatural phenomena - they are all just fantasies.

ETA - Andrea's book hasn't been published - Quel Surprise LOL. She blamed it on the editing which disparaged the book. 

Edited by amarante
  • Love 6

I'd miss Lydia and her delusions played out so fatally flawed in the very moment.  From her trying to sell herself as some jet setting socialite on the world stage (she can't even successfully pull off her jaunt to the little cheese shoppe for gawdsakes -- clearly she and her husband had never been there more than maybe once, if that) to her declaration of apparently having design fucked right into her by her husband to her weirdly looking African Veldt art....on a ski lodge wall as her design brilliance in action to just the fact that she seems at times to think she is a super model in looks when all I see (subjective I know) an undercooked Suet pudding  with two currants sliding off a tray each time she smirks with such over bloated self satisfaction in her talking head segments.

Janet looks like she would break like The Simpson's Mr. Burns if caught in a slight gentle spring breeze.  Her body image issues are out of control.

Jackie and her husband are just trying so damn hard it is almost sad.  Almost.  Instead they are both so oblivious to their own awfulness that it is like sitting with Jane Goddall and watching two apes embarrass themselves over by the termite mound.  You know that it is just nature.  You know that you shouldn't feel so superior.  But they just make it so damn hard....

• Love 7

I'd miss Lydia and her delusions played out so fatally flawed in the very moment.  From her trying to sell herself as some jet setting socialite on the world stage (she can't even successfully pull off her jaunt to the little cheese shoppe for gawdsakes -- clearly she and her husband had never been there more than maybe once, if that) to her declaration of apparently having design fucked right into her by her husband to her weirdly looking African Veldt art....on a ski lodge wall as her design brilliance in action to just the fact that she seems at times to think she is a super model in looks when all I see (subjective I know) an undercooked Suet pudding  with two currants sliding off a tray each time she smirks with such over bloated self satisfaction in her talking head segments.

Janet looks like she would break like The Simpson's Mr. Burns if caught in a slight gentle spring breeze.  Her body image issues are out of control.

Jackie and her husband are just trying so damn hard it is almost sad.  Almost.  Instead they are both so oblivious to their own awfulness that it is like sitting with Jane Goddall and watching two apes embarrass themselves over by the termite mound.  You know that it is just nature.  You know that you shouldn't feel so superior.  But they just make it so damn hard....

I am so curious about Lydia's financial situation.  It takes a whole lot of intelligence and talent to become an architect and it's definitely a prestigious job but they are also known as one of the lowest paying white collar professions.  Only the truly famous make 1% money in that profession and I've never heard of her husband - although I won't pretend to be that well versed in architects.  Just everyone once in a while pick up a design magazine.  Anyway, no amount of money can counter how dumb she seems on the show. 

• Love 3

I love this show.  It is so much better than RHONJ, there are no words.

I love Jackie and Ben.  Their delusional grand behavior just makes my day.  Has he really made that much money?  They seem to be living a very expensive lifestyle.  Does anyone remember why they moved to Melbourne?

I didn't think I would like Gina at the start but I do.  She did look fantastic at Chyka's party.

Chyka seems to be the voice of reason on the show. 

Andrea is an asshole, as another poster (or 20) noted.  Why does she think so much of herself?  She's not all that.  She was definitely pissed at the editor/publisher.  Maybe if she had decided to write about a book about vajayjays, as Lydia was supposedly going to do, everyone would have fallen all over her. 

Is she definitely out for next season? 

What will Lydia do without her asshole partner in crime?

• Love 3

I am so curious about Lydia's financial situation.  It takes a whole lot of intelligence and talent to become an architect and it's definitely a prestigious job but they are also known as one of the lowest paying white collar professions.  Only the truly famous make 1% money in that profession and I've never heard of her husband - although I won't pretend to be that well versed in architects.  Just everyone once in a while pick up a design magazine.  Anyway, no amount of money can counter how dumb she seems on the show. 

I'm thinking her husband does commercial space architecture over big major pieces.  So he might end up pulling it in by doing quantity over quality.  My cousin is obscenely wealthy doing empty cities in China.  It's a lot of bland same-same-same type of stuff with just enough originality to seem at a slight glance to be modern and cutting edge.

I suspect that that is where the plane comes in.The plane looks big enough it can leap frog across Australia and then on to Southeast China where he might find a multitude of jobs that are pedestrian in terms of "art" but pay well enough when you are putting up fifty apartment towers in new land around Singapore or Shanghai.

I wonder how often Lydia actually gets to fly in that jet.  I remember when she was talking at the ski lodge about taking an empty suitcase and filling it up.  And she acted like only the most elite knew of this "secret".  Completely oblivious to the fact that the real rich simply have it shipped to them; assuming they just don't bring it home and don't care if they spend a couple extra hundred dollars for the extra luggage on top of their ten thousand dollar first class ticket. 

I've gotten to the point that when Lydia asserts something I pretty much turn it on its head and assume the opposite. 

• Love 3

Love all of your comments, though don't agree with all of them! Lydia gorgeous? No. Not at all. Her face is mushy and weird. And she is dumb and I hate her sexual innuendos. As for Gina, I wear a fair amount of makeup but nowhere near as much; still, I am getting used to her look! Kinda. Still too much with the fake tan, glitzy dresses and jewelry and matching shoes/purse.

HATE Andrea for every reason you guys specified, still on the fence about Jackie--she is probably a good enough soul but yeah, too nouveau-riche and silly (supposedly she was a banker in her previous life, can't wrap my head around that). Janet is a couple years younger than I am but looks about 70 with that face. I don't even have HD TV but in the last episode or two I swear I could see the plastic surgery scars. Great bod though.

Chyka: yes, the best of the bunch. Not gorgeous, maybe looks old for her age, maybe her hubby is gay, BUT ... she seems like a genuine, nice person with a great family. Much to be said for that! (Oh, and she is also, as you guys point out, probably richer than all of them put together.)

Edited by judylo
  • Love 4

Bravo is giving us the reality TV version of salty-and-sweet. On the one hand we have the completely delusional women, such as Jackie and Andrea, and on the other we have hard-working, loving Chyka, who apparently is successful. (One never knows in this economy, where so many people are living on massive loans.)

If I had to work on a project with Jackie, I'd want to jerk her bald-headed. She's that clueless. How did the distillerer keep a straight face? It's very possible that the diamonds and the lingerie were loaned for the production. She and Ben are unbelievably stupid.

I wonder if there's a back-story to Andrea's nastiness. Maybe trouble at home, or financial troubles. I'm curious about her financial situation; that cosmetic surgery center obviously cost a fortune and I wonder if she and her husband are up to their eyeballs in debt. She has however offered up some unintentional comedy relief: it's clear production is telling her and the others to elevate the Ginacide talk in every scene. The conversations will be trivial and then someone will say brightly "How about that Gina!"  The conversational segues are very abrupt and clumsy and I laugh every time.

Janet's face is painful to look at. And I suspect that in real life she's a bit of a shit-stirrer. She pokes and jabs and then backs down when confronted. I have mixed feelings about putting her son's tragic accident on reality TV, especially when combined with a "consultation" with Andrea's plastic surgeon husband.

Gina seems insecure despite the claims otherwise. The drag queen makeup, the insistence on wearing tall heels everywhere, the beauty queen hair...I don't think she likes her own body and face.  But I admire her calm in the face of mean girl attacks and the fact that she supports herself.

Edited by pasdetrois
  • Love 2

Thanks for all the great comments above. I haven't got time to write such well thought out posts, but you've all now summed up what has been laid out for us over the season.

Just want to add that here in NYC the cosmetic dermatologists and plastic surgeons also do the same thing with skin care lines, so I agree that Andrea is piggybacking on hubby.

Jackie: $4,000 for tacky lingerie with weird superhero swirls over her boobs? What was that?

Lydia: weirdly oversexualized with her frequent double entendres. But when she laid herself back in that exam chair I wanted to apply eye bleach. There is something wrong with her. People who have that compulsion to always insert a zinger that makes everyone uncomfortable have some form of personality disorder. She thinks she is being edgy, but maybe she has some damaged sexual history.

Edited by GussieK
  • Love 2

Are we buying the whole scene in the lingerie shop with Jackie? $1000 + for some Madonna like undergarment?  She seems a bit full of herself coming out of the dressing room saying she could not stop looking at herself, I sure could, lol. 

The dinner was a bit much ordering the most expensive bottle of bubbly on the menu was ridiculous, is she trying to prove how wealthy they are?  It comes off how wannabe they are. 

They are going to lose a bundle on their drink line, no idea how production runs, packaging, website, branding, etc... it seems strange that these housewives never see the failed business ventures of the all the other housewives that have come before them.

One more thought, the rear view of Gina in that spandex dress getting in to the helicopter was really unbecoming, not that I am in great shape but her bum looked so flat.  There, I said it, snark and all that.

• Love 2

I think Gina, while questionable in the hair and makeup department, has a bangin' body.  There was no hiding behind spanx on their vacation and her body looked fab in a swimsuit.  Jackie and Lydia looked good too, as I'm sure they'd be the first to tell you..lol.

Andrea's husband is kind of cute, and seems way too nice and normal for her. 

• Love 4

There's something porcine about Lydia.  She truly looked terrible in the shorts as well.  Plus, I can't get over her standing in front of her grown stepson in her underwear - that's probably the most vulgar behavior I've seen on this show.  While I can totally understand Andrea not liking Gina or not wanting to be friends with her, her constant talking about her and attacks against her reflect much more poorly on her than Gina being late or messy.  I could understand thinking that type of behavior is rude and not wanting to be around it but then you handle it as Chyka suggested - move on.  Instead, Andrea is looking incredibly aggressive and like, dare I say it,  a bully.  Plus, her talking heads and comment make me think she's almost as dumb as Lydia.

• Love 3

The one I don't like is Janet.  She and Gina were friends for a long time it seems, why would Gina's lateness bother Janet now?  And I don't think it was right that she told Lydia what Gina said in the bathroom, especially since Janet had something to say about Lydia as well, or at least she agreed with her.

There is something wrong with her. People who have that compulsion to always insert a zinger that makes everyone uncomfortable have some form of personality disorder. She thinks she is being edgy, but maybe she has some damaged sexual history.

I have to disagree.  Not everything is a personality disorder, and we have to remember these people are being filmed and they know they're being filmed.  Maybe Lydia just wants to stay relevant.  Or maybe she thinks her zingers are cute, I kind of think they are too.  

• Love 1

There's something porcine about Lydia.

Ha!  All she needs is pigtails and a gingham dress and we could call her Petunia.  She does speak in a way that I could imagine it followed by a good healthy snort and snuffle.  I think it probably because she is so self satisfied as she utters something we just got the video proof to how wrong her own read on the matter is.  I wonder if she is that dim in the bedroom?  Maybe it is the lack of wit and inhibition that drew her husband to her.  "Pull your ankles to your ears again dear and then slide them into the cuffs..."  I find her so rankly amusing in a glad she is an ocean and continent away kind of manner.

Ironically I think Andrea is the one who managed to be most familiar with how the American shows work.  And figured she was going to be the one that ekes out the top dog spot a la the Leakes, Vanderpumps and Gunvalsons.  It reminds me of how hungry to be a "housewife" some of the latter additions have been.  The New York franchise for instance.  Heather getting down with Ramona pretty much out the gate her first season.  Or Kenya's entrance on the Atlanta show.  These women are starving to be relevant and it can work in its way (even if the way is offensive and ignorant) because these is a cast already in place.  Andrea is working with fellow newbies on a show that is still trying to gel.  So I think it comes off so incredibly ridiculous.

Janet comes in second because I think her deciding she hates Gina is also more in tune with the fake drama dynamics of the show than how anyone who be in real life.  But she comes off almost insane because the show bleeds over into your real life unless you have plans to just walk away from that person.  Not come back for another season.

Which annoys me as part of the charm of the show, lie Ladies of London for me, is that it is removed enough from the over contrived attempts at drama for the most part that all the other BRAVO shows have settled into.  I swear reading the media on the pending next cycles of various Housewives shows, all I can think is that the casts are trying to one up the ridiculous  forced drama on the other shows that caught the attention of the mass media. 

• Love 1

I started out thinking Lydia was beautiful, but she kind of melted over the course of the series and at the resort, without much makeup, you could see precisely what she's going to look like with 10 years and 20 more lbs.  Which is fiiiiine, but probably not the look she was intending to project.

Are we buying the whole scene in the lingerie shop with Jackie? $1000 + for some Madonna like undergarment?

Based on other housewives shows, I assume the ringing up of the thousands of dollars of merchandise and the cheery goodbyes as they leave the store swinging the store bags are all an act.  Maybe in return for plugging the shop they give them a couple hundred bucks worth of credit and they leave with something in the bag, but generally not the outrageously expensive stuff they took to the register.

• Love 1
And she is dumb and I hate her sexual innuendos.

A woman of a certain age can pull off the sex kitten thing IF she's got a quick wit, which Lydia does not have. She needs to rent some Mae West movies, or at least read some Oscar Wilde, if she's going to improve her delivery. 

If there's a silver lining, at least she's not Sonja Morgan, sloppy drunk and offering herself up to every Tom, Dick and Harry who appears on the radar.

• Love 2

A woman of a certain age can pull off the sex kitten thing IF she's got a quick wit, which Lydia does not have. She needs to rent some Mae West movies, or at least read some Oscar Wilde, if she's going to improve her delivery. 

If there's a silver lining, at least she's not Sonja Morgan, sloppy drunk and offering herself up to every Tom, Dick and Harry who appears on the radar.

Amen.

My favorite Lydia-ism (meaning stupid) was her comment about the red baby doll lingerie on the mannequin.  "Where would you wear that to?"  Jackie:  The bedroom.   You could almost hear the "where the fuck do you think you wear that?" in Jackie's voice.

Lydia seems like she's Andrea's little puppy dog.  She can't stand up for herself, so she lets Andrea do it for her.  And Andrea is such an idiot too.  The publisher looked aghast that she really thinks people want to know how she does it!  I know this sounds terrible but I'm starting to hope her husband has some 20 year-old chippy on the side.

Jackie, I will say, has one hot bod.  Great boobs, legs, tummy.  She looks better with her hair straight too.  Jackie has certainly grown on me as well as her dopey husband.

Janet's face is so hard for me to look at.  She looks like Goldie Hawn in "Death Becomes Her" at the end when she's pretty much falling apart.

giphy.gif

Edited by sasha206
  • Love 2

I did like the lingerie Jackie settled on, but there's no way in hell I'd pay nearly $1000 for it. I mean, isn't the idea to look so sexy your man (or woman) just wants to rip it off of you and screw you immediately? I guess if you can also wear it under clothes it might be more worth it, but not really. Also, the whole body suit thing just turns me off, how do you pee in that thing? Does it come with crotch snaps?

Edited by fliptopbox
  • Love 2

I'm not going to lie,  even if I never knew of this show, if I saw Ben and jackie walking down the street looking like they did going on their date night I would laugh out loud.  Lordy that hat and his stumpy little body and that bleached pumpkin of a head with the pageboy.  I'm guessing both are so simple minded they just think that since they have cameras on them, they look and are fabulous. 

While I can totally understand Andrea not liking Gina or not wanting to be friends with her, her constant talking about her and attacks against her reflect much more poorly on her than Gina being late or messy.

All she talked about this episode was how it was so nice to NOT have Gina around, and how she wasn't going to invite her to her party, yet, she's the one who is always asking where Gina is, if anyone's heard from Gina, what is Gina doing, etc. She can't keep Gina off her damn mind or out her damn mouth. When people do that it's because they want to start gossiping about or bad-mouthing someone with the group. That's the most subtle way to do it though. I really hope it's true that she's not coming back next season. Guess she didn't like the negative "edit" she received.

Lydia denied it but I believe she is intimidated by Gina. She's a spectacle, love it or hate it, and they probably all hate that she gets all the attention. Add to that, she's wealthy all on her own. No husband in the picture. No fake job or business to shill in hopes that people really believe you're earning your riches just as much as your spouse. I think this applies to Andrea as well.

For Janet, I firmly believe that she's hating on Gina because she wants to be in the "in crowd". Gina, her oldest friend in terms of years, is all of a sudden your enemy because she's late? Her comment about Gina "redeeming" herself was telling. I think that she THOUGHT that Gina was getting the villain edit and she wanted to distance herself from that. Little did she know that it was the complete opposite. Serves her right for being an awful friend. 

Jackie just seems to go with the wind. I thought she made up with Gina last episode, when Gina told her she wanted to be a big sister to her. I like that she wants the group to forgive Gina (for what I don't know) but she shouldn't need their participation if she really wants to.

Totally agree that Chyka is the best of the bunch. I also think she's quite pretty. Probably because of her spirit. This is why I like Gina. Sure she's said some things, but nothing too evil or untrue. She's had her words twisted and thrown back at her and she's managed to keep it together. I work with cancer patients for a living. I understand her need to hide behind the make-up. I don't know what effects the chemo and radiation had on her but in an article that was posted in the thread for the last episode, she admits that she layered on the make-up to help her overcome her bad days. She's not the only one who does this. There's a program that teaches women how to apply make-up when going through treatment to make themselves feel better and cover up skin changes that occur with treatment. They don't teach Gina's techniques, of course. Thing is, I don't know if this was her way before the cancer, but I learned that each woman handles her journey differently.

That being said, I would have been pissed if all that make-up and tanner was left on my towels and walls, lol. Not so pissed that I would have treated her the way these ladies did, but mad enough to point it out to her, in nice way, in private.

Edited by MitaJo
  • Love 2