Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E04: Buck, Bothered and Bewildered

DanaK
  • Start Topic

Synopsis:

Upon her return to shore, Athena’s son, Harry, finds himself in trouble with the law. Meanwhile, Buck grows envious as Eddie forms a close bond with someone else, and the 118 rescue a woman who’s stuck on receiving a rose at an iconic mansion.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

2 minutes ago, MarquisDeCarabas said:

I was not feeling the Athena storyline though. The well did you steal was really off putting. 

It’s on brand for her though. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Ok so 911 on ABC is not just trolling the buck and Eddie shippers it is going all freaking in.

I can’t tell.  Is that the same actor who played Harry before or a new actor?

Best lines of the episode:

”I’m not a 14 year old girl”

”so stop acting like one.”

• Like 6
  • Applause 2
4 minutes ago, anna0852 said:

It’s on brand for her though. 

Oh it’s absolutely in character for her. Athena has very much been a cop first kind of person. Still find it a little frustrating. 

• Like 5

Wow. The show has been trolling the audience with Buck and Eddy for years but I never once thought they would actually go there with either of them. Yet this whole jealousy bit was like trolling on top of trolling and when Tommy came to Buck's apartment that whole conversation read like a romantic scene, I was actually kind of laughing about how ridiculous it was and then shocked they actually went there. At first I thought Tommy just got the wrong idea but then it turned out Buck was all about it. Mind, blown.

One thing I don't get is that when Tommy showed up last week, it seemed like Hen knew him from somewhere, but have we ever seen him before? 

39 minutes ago, Chaos Theory said:

I don't think it's the same kid, but imdb doesn't have him listed yet. 

So, one drawback to moving the show to ABC: a Bachelor cross-over.

The part with the mom who shot her own son was really sad.

• Like 12

As Tommy and Buck were having their conversation, I said out loud: oh, just go ahead and kiss him! And then Tommy did.

Buck reacted like Buck: just went with it, with no thought of what might happen next.

• Like 5
(edited)

I kind of wish I weren't so chronically online.  I saw someone mention something about rumors about this episode and couldn't stop myself from going to Reddit to see what the rumors were.  I was definitely expecting it by the time I watched it.  It would have been more fun to be surprised. 

18 minutes ago, kwnyc said:

Buck reacted like Buck: just went with it, with no thought of what might happen next.

Yep.  But ever since the first season, I do think, romantically at least, Buck is more about vibes than anything else.  I'd almost describe him as pan. 

1 hour ago, Chaos Theory said:

Ok so 911 on ABC is not just trolling the buck and Eddie shippers it is going all freaking in.

I still think Buck and Eddie shippers might end up feeling trolled as I do not think they're going to go all in with them.  I suppose it's possible the show could two later season bi reveals but I'd still bet against it. It's going to be fun to watch this play out. 

As for Harry, it's not the same actor.  The creator claims the other actor wanted to move on.  I don't know if that's true but this is a recast, although they're about the same age. This one just looks older.

29 minutes ago, iMonrey said:

One thing I don't get is that when Tommy showed up last week, it seemed like Hen knew him from somewhere, but have we ever seen him before? 

Yes.  He has appeared in the 3 of the "begin" episodes including Hen's, Chim's and Bobby's. 

ETA: As a side note, those women lusting after the fireman?  Do they want to be cut in the first night? 

Edited by Irlandesa
  • Like 6
(edited)

Honestly, I was gonna say that this 100th episode didn't feel like a 100th episode, minus the stupid Bachelor stuff, until the end.

I never ever thought the show would actually go there with Buck, but I'm glad they did. There really have been hints throughout, this isn't just thrown in. I think my expectation is that they wouldn't go there, they'd just present Buck being super-affectionate and comfortable in his masculinity, etc.

But I'm very, very glad they went there. I'm glad Bisexual (or Pansexual, that could work too) Buck is now canon. I didn't have any hope for them to do it, but it's good that they actually committed. So, thanks ABC. I doubt Fox ever would have gone there, even with them having so many LGBTQIA+ characters on 911 and Lone Star.

I think I'm just mostly happy that the baiting I thought was happening here was actually REAL. Sure, it's no Buck/Eddie, but Buck/Tommy works just as well. I do think, now that they've opened the door, they COULD go there with Buck/Eddie eventually. But even if they never do, Bisexual Buck is all that I've wanted out of this since season 3.

As for the rest of the episode, new Harry is probably going to be annoying but the new actor is surprisingly good. I have some hope that this Harry plot could be decent. But I also don't know if it will since Harry kind of caved immediately. Athena having to parent a rebellious and angry teenager would have been interesting to see. It's no surprise, either. Harry's been through a lot. I hope it's a good plot for them both.

The cases worked well enough, even if they were minimal. The case with the mother killing her own son accidentally was a small role, but super sad. 

Edited by Lady Calypso
  • Like 7

I was getting SO ANGRY about being trolled so hard, it seemed so disrespectful. But then, the look in Buck's eyes when he and Tommy were standing close and talking, and the way he was holding his breath, I also said: Oh just kiss already!

Still, didn't think they actually would.

Good for them, if they do this for real. I just don't want to see another "identity freak out" as Buck goes through some weird internal backlash or something. Just let him have this and don't go too hard on the cliches, please.

The entire franchise (this and the Lone Star version) has always been pro-cop, and it's the main thing about it that I've had trouble swallowing (more than the camp and other ridiculousness!) but I can't say the show didn't warn us for multiple seasons about their attitude. I notice Athena never did answer harry's question about what he was suppose dto do when he tried to leave and the shopkkeeper put hands on him and blocked his way. 

I don't know who any of the Bachelor characters are, and was glad the cross-over was brief. I felt degraded just watching it.

14 year old girls get a bad rap. Not all of them are dungbats. I thought Buck was acting more like a 14 year old boy. But even I know not all 14 year old boys are awful.

The mom who accidentally shot her son was crushing.

• Like 5
  • LOL 1

I thought the Bachelor part was funny, especially the women ogling Buck and Eddie. 

When Athena heard the noise in the house, I was surprised she didn't pull a gun out of the drawer when she got out of the bed.  It'll be interesting to see how Harry's going to behave being imprisoned with Athena. 

It was really sad about the mother not recognizing it was her son she killed.

The Buck story is going to be interesting.   

• Like 9
8 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

As for the rest of the episode, new Harry is probably going to be annoying but the new actor is surprisingly good. I have some hope that this Harry plot could be decent. But I also don't know if it will since Harry kind of caved immediately. Athena having to parent a rebellious and angry teenager would have been interesting to see. It's no surprise, either. Harry's been through a lot. I hope it's a good plot for them both.

I know May had mental health issues in the first season but since then she's been a pretty easy kid to parent. Smart, responsible, driven and hard working. While Athena certainly had the 'send my kid into the world, can't protect them' worries, she was not dealing with a kid that was causing trouble or making bad decisions.

Harry is going to be a whole new ballgame for Athena once the 'thank goodness I'm not going to jail' wears off him. Just having him back full time is going to be an adjustment since he's been with Michael in Miami for at least a year. Athena and Bobby seem to have settled into 'empty nest' that now isn't so empty.

• Like 4
9 minutes ago, possibilities said:

Good for them, if they do this for real. I just don't want to see another "identity freak out" as Buck goes through some weird internal backlash or something. Just let him have this and don't go too hard on the cliches, please.

The creator has been doing some interviews about what's to come.  I'll spoiler tag a summary of what he has said and post the link in the media thread.

Spoiler

According to him, we aren't going to get an internal struggle story.  It'll be more about him wondering why he's having a hard time telling people he loves that he's dating Tommy. 

I especially loved this one quote.

“It’s 2024,” Minear explained. “I didn’t want to make it the bravest episode of 1983. That didn’t interest me. But I also want to be honest about it.”

• Like 2
(edited)
18 minutes ago, possibilities said:

I know this show has made a lot of weird choices with characters, but I do think they've been extremely respectful of their LGBTQIA+ characters. 

I really, really can't see them doing an identity crisis/whoopsie we're backtracking. They've baited people for a while now, but now they've gone all in so I don't think they're ever going to move backwards.

Plus, it would be completely out of character for Buck to have a freak-out about discovering his bisexuality. He's not the type to go "wait, I kissed a dude? Oh no!" More like, "I kissed a dude? Well, what happens next?" 

Edited by Lady Calypso
  • Like 6
(edited)
  • I wasn't surprised that Buck was actually crushing on Tommy, not worried about his friendship with Eddie
  • If anyone was going to be the bi/pan one of the pair, it was Buck, not Eddie. Eddie never came off as potentially flexible to me, while Buck could have, imho.
  • The final scene btw Tommy and Buck was amazingly acted, and actually made me feel right there with them
    • God, I can't imagine Guzman trying to get through that without making me cry and not the good kind of crying. That's one reason I would not have been behind a Buck/Eddie pairing.
  • I'm soooooo glad it was Tommy they brought back for this and not Lucy. Thank you, thank you, thank you, scheduling gods. I always liked him in the flashbacks and he left the 118 under good terms, unlike Sal.
    • Speaking of, was it Tommy that Chim called to air-dump the water on the fire that one time? (S2 E14) I thought that phone call had been a callback to one of the flashback characters.
  • I loved the Buck-Maddie conversation:
    • "So stop acting like one!" in unison
    • Maddie's reaction to the idea of hurting the one you "love" to get their attention
    • These two have always had such good sibling chemistry
Edited by CoyoteBlue
Added episode number
  • Like 8

Honestly, I give a lot of credit to the acting here. Buck seemed more genuinely excited about Tommy, and flustered by the kiss, than he ever seemed with any of his previous love interests. He used to be enthusiastic and kind of "why not?" but he never seemed like he was out of breath or losing his cool to that degree or anything even close to it before.

• Like 9

From what I read Oliver Stark had wanted to do this storyline for awhile but only when it made sense for his character.   He isn’t one of those actors in a fan favorite gay ship that Talks about male friendship and pushes back against his characters sexuality.    Plus this is a LGBTQ friendly show so at absolute worse Buck will go Bucking (I love that his name has become a verb) around and there will be some miscommunication but not gay panic.     If anything this relationship will likely last half a season and be an entry point into Buck and Eddie questioning their own relationship and be the next step in the will they/won’t they before they both start dating other people again.   

• Like 6
12 hours ago, Lady Calypso said:

I think I'm just mostly happy that the baiting I thought was happening here was actually REAL. Sure, it's no Buck/Eddie, but Buck/Tommy works just as well. I do think, now that they've opened the door, they COULD go there with Buck/Eddie eventually.

The funny thing is, the years of baiting actually paid off, because the entire episode read like Buck was jealous that Eddie was hanging around with someone other than him. But all along, it turns out he was crushing on Tommy and jealous that Eddie was spending time with him instead. Nice switcheroo. 

I don't know they'd ever go there with Eddie and Buck, it feels maybe a little too fan-servicey. But it definitely gives weight to the idea that maybe Buck had deeper feelings for Eddie all along which is why we all read it that way for years.

12 hours ago, Crashcourse said:

When Athena heard the noise in the house, I was surprised she didn't pull a gun out of the drawer when she got out of the bed. 

Yes! Athena could easily have been the story of the mother who shoots her own son! It was so dumb of Harry to come into the house unannounced and unexpected while everyone was asleep upstairs, knowing his mother was a cop with a gun. Especially since its been so long since she's seen him she might not even recognize him. 

• Like 6
  • LOL 4

This one's going into my 5 least liked episodes. I have absolutely no interest in Buck's journey of discovery. None. I haven't cared about Buck's love life since he waited until Taylor moved in with him and gave up her apartment to tell her that he kissed Lucy and even then he didn't come clean. Honestly I only like Buck about 50 percent of the time. 

Harry showing up and making waffles was good. They deserve that after the cruise. I hope that his community service finds a way to include May.

The case of the woman who shot her son was so heartbreaking. I think it was also, a missed opportunity to talk about responsible gun ownership. 

• Like 3
27 minutes ago, marceline said:

Harry showing up and making waffles was good. They deserve that after the cruise. I hope that his community service finds a way to include May.

The waffles thing was a nice little bit of continuity. Harry did the same thing back in season two when he was in trouble for setting the neighbors lawn on fire.

• Like 6
  • Useful 1

Most Buck centered episodes are boring, I just don't feel interested in the character.  Only good one was the tsunami.

• Like 1
(edited)

I'm actually not all enthusiastic about this development for Buck. I love his relationship with Eddie. I literally have a best friend like them. But, its because men can be super close with other men just like women are without it meaning anything. So, I always got annoyed by people saying the show was trolling them or pushing for it. They just had a genuinely close bond. Basically brothers. I loved that being displayed on screen. I never once felt that either of them were into men. But, here we are. On TV, in this day and age its not surprising. I think there are also moves to have more than one prominent lgbt character in casts now so there is that too. At least, it is not actually Eddie and Buck falling for each other. Their relationship is still solid as is.

Edited by Racj82
  • Like 3
(edited)

Wow, I so did not see that one coming! Here I thought this was just another bit of trolling the Buck/Eddie shippers, I spent the whole episode like "Oh yeah, they know exactly what they're doing, but they'll pull back at the last minute" but then it went in a totally different direction. Tommy fully looked like he was about to kiss Buck but I didn't think it would actually happen! If either Eddie or Buck were going to be bisexual I would certainly say Buck is the more likely, I am still pretty positive that their relationship will stay platonic no matter Buck's sexuality. I am really interested in how this plays out, I feel like Buck would be pretty chill about dating a guy without too much internal panic, but I can see him not being sure how to talk to his friends and family about it, even if he knows they would be perfectly supportive. 

As a reluctant Bachelor fan (I just cant stop! Its my crack!) it was fun to see the brief Bachelor crossover, its been hyped around Bachelor Nation for awhile now and I have to say you guys are lucky it happened this season when we had Joey, one of the most charismatic and non fuck boy Bachelors we've had in ages, and not one of the previous Bachelors, who would have bumbled all over the screen.

Its wild to see Michael so big now, its definitely not the same actor but it will be interesting to have him back. Personally I would have been more mad about Michael fleeing the state to avoid an arrest warrant and then trying to hide it from Bobby and Athena, which is not only crappy but extremely stupid. Did he really not think his mom, a cop, would never find out that he has a warrant out for his arrest? 

That mom who shot her son was heartbreaking.

Edited by tennisgurl
  • Like 7

Cross posting from Will Trent:

With Will Trent doing a quasi-crossover with those housewives in an episode earlier this season  & with 9-1-1 doing this reality show crossover, I've decided the crossover I really want is something with Athena & Amanda* solving a case.  Faith* can join too.

*Will Trent characters.

• Like 4
  • Fire 2

I don't like where they're going with this. I know I'm in minority but I just don't see it. I love Buck and Eddie as best friends but I've never shipped them as a couple. I don't get it why so many people do 🙈 the same way I didn't get why people shipped Sam and Dean on Supernatural, they were brothers for god's sake 🙈 I understood Dean and Castiel though. I must admit Tommy seems like a decent character, a lot better than a death doula, but still I don't want them to go that route. I think it's out of character for Buck. At the first half of the episode I thought that it was just about the plane and abillity to do more crazy stuff for Buck and that Buck was jelous for both od them because he wanted to be on the center od attention, just like when Eddie showed up for the first time.

• Like 1
44 minutes ago, fastiller said:

Cross posting from Will Trent:

With Will Trent doing a quasi-crossover with those housewives in an episode earlier this season  & with 9-1-1 doing this reality show crossover, I've decided the crossover I really want is something with Athena & Amanda* solving a case.  Faith* can join too.

*Will Trent characters.

Oh wow.  Now you have me wanting a Will Trent crossover.    Maybe Will and Faith get sent to LA on an assignment and have to call 911 when they walk in on a murder or something.  

• Like 5
  • Applause 1

Congratulations to the cast and crew for making it to the 100th episode milestone. And kudos to Chad Lowe for directing this episode! 👏🏻

The best parts for me are the return of cutie Ravi and Maddie/Josh eagerly FaceTiming Chim at work just to know who the new bachelor is. 😘

The saddest story belongs to the mom who accidentally shot her own son. This is a mistake that’s too painful to live with. 💔

I am never a fan of Buck, so his new awakening isn’t a big deal for me. This new development must be shocking and disheartening to Buddie shippers though. I like Lou Ferrigno Jr. So, if Buck dating Tommy means that I get to see him more, am totally OK with it. 👍🏻

Re the “new Harry”, am not feeling it. He’s so much older. It feels like our last connection to Michael has been ripped away. 😣

• Like 7
(edited)
4 hours ago, Racj82 said:

At least, it is not actually Eddie and Buck falling for each other. Their relationship is still solid as is.

I have a feeling that's where it might be going, though.

Rewatching the episode, it very much was played out that Buck was jealous of Eddie getting closer to Tommy, but it didn't play out like Buck wanted Tommy at all, hence why his anger was directed at Eddie instead. I know the episode was more bait and switch, but logically, it seems like it would make more sense for Buck's feelings to be for Eddie, as he also doesn't know Tommy very well. I think Tommy left the 118 not long after Buck joined.

They also made the note of how similar Tommy and Eddie are (both being in the army, both having the same interests and hobbies, both even looking a bit alike) so my thought is that it could be projection; it just makes more sense, logically, for Buck to be figuring out his feelings for Eddie but the journey to discover his sexuality is already a huge enough change, so he's projecting onto Tommy. Not that he might not find Tommy attractive, but it kind of protects him from getting hurt by not having his self discovery ALSO be with someone he's been close to for years and who he considers family.

So my thought is that they will go down the Buck/Eddie route, but it'll be slow moving (obviously because, if they do go down this route, they also have to explore Eddie's side of the relationship). So that aspect won't happen this season but it could for next season. 

Edited by Lady Calypso
  • Like 3
3 hours ago, Snazzy Daisy said:

I am never a fan of Buck, so his new awakening isn’t a big deal for me. This new development must be shocking and disheartening to Buddie shippers though. I like Lou Ferrigno Jr. So, if Buck dating Tommy means that I get to see him more, am totally OK with it. 👍🏻

Wait. Am I the only one here who didn't know that was Lou Ferrigno Jr?

• Like 3
  • Wink 1
  • Useful 2
  • LOL 2

I knew after the bliss of the last episode the Bathena love fest would come to a screeching halt. I know it's an ensemble cast, everyone has a story to tell but I'm needy & greedy so I will always crave more Bathena interaction. I'm just saying throw us a bone, some crumbs...little displays of affection each week would go a long way. *Nitpick Why is Bathena sleeping on the wrong side of the bed this episode? Hello...continuity? Since season 2 Athena has always been on the left side. Did you think we wouldn't notice? Fix this asap show its throwing off my equilibrium 😅 New Harry- the jury is still out but that young man was standing on business in his scenes with AB. Evan, Buck,Evan  you sweet summer child.  The look of wonder and bewilderment that came across your face after that kiss put a big smile on my face. I didn't know I cared.❤

• Like 2
4 hours ago, lorbeer said:

I love Buck and Eddie as best friends but I've never shipped them as a couple. I don't get it why so many people do  ( . . . . )must admit Tommy seems like a decent character, a lot better than a death doula, but still I don't want them to go that route. I think it's out of character for Buck.

I understand how you feel, because in general I do not like it when shows take a character that has been introduced as straight and then throws them into a same-sex relationship. (They do this constantly on Grey's Anatomy - I swear every single female character on that show is sexually fluid). It's the type of thing that reinforces the misguided belief that people "choose" their sexuality.

However, in this case, Buck and Eddie are not turning into a couple (as yet) so their relationship as close friends remains unchanged. And I think Buck admitting that he's crushing on this other dude validates what a lot of fans have been reading into his and Eddie's relationship, like it's actually possible there's something more to it, and it's not just the writers trolling the shippers. Which is more than I ever expected from this show, to be honest.

• Like 6
20 hours ago, iMonrey said:

Wow. The show has been trolling the audience with Buck and Eddy for years but I never once thought they would actually go there with either of them.

For me Eddie is and always has been straight , Buck was the maybe bi character so I buy that for him. I just hope they don't make Buddie canon. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1
55 minutes ago, lianau said:

For me Eddie is and always has been straight , Buck was the maybe bi character so I buy that for him. I just hope they don't make Buddie canon. 

I agree. Buck and Eddie may be fun to think about, and lord knows I have spent plenty of time doing so. But after years of friendship, I don’t want them to actually go there. But I think Bi Buck makes sense to me. I don’t know if could put it into words why, but it just does. 

• Like 4
27 minutes ago, ajsnaves said:

I agree. Buck and Eddie may be fun to think about, and lord knows I have spent plenty of time doing so. But after years of friendship, I don’t want them to actually go there. But I think Bi Buck makes sense to me. I don’t know if could put it into words why, but it just does. 

For me, Buck being rather fluid goes back to that crossover with Lonestar, when TK thought that Buck was flirting with him. However, I’ve never read Eddie as anything but completely straight.

• Like 3
23 hours ago, Lady Calypso said:

But I'm very, very glad they went there. I'm glad Bisexual (or Pansexual, that could work too) Buck is now canon.

But is it really? Or is Buck just so hungry for acceptance that he's going along with it without really being into it? 🤷🏻‍♀️

Tune in next week to see, I guess.

• Useful 1
13 minutes ago, shapeshifter said:

But is it really? Or is Buck just so hungry for acceptance that he's going along with it without really being into it? 🤷🏻‍♀️

Tune in next week to see, I guess.

Yes, I believe it is. Like I said before, the one thing this show does right is LGBTQIA+ representation. They're not going to disrespect the community by having Buck kiss a guy and then go "whoopsie, he's still straight!"

I can critique this show for a lot of things, but not its representation and handling it well. They're not going to backtrack on this.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

There's a reason so many fans have been shipping Buck and Eddie, aside from the fact that they are two good looking guys. There just seemed to be something there. Maybe, at first, it was a case of fans just reading too much into it. And then it seemed like maybe the writers were leaning into it just to troll the shippers. 

So it's a happy surprise, to me, the show decided to do something with all the speculation and shipping because it sort of legitimizes what fans have been interpreting. It shows respect for the audience.

• Like 3
7 hours ago, iMonrey said:

There just seemed to be something there. Maybe, at first, it was a case of fans just reading too much into it. And then it seemed like maybe the writers were leaning into it just to troll the shippers. 

I think the foundation of this is the fact that the actors have more of a romantic chemistry than a friendship one. But I also think Buck and Eddie were meant to be seen as close friends by the show  and it took the producers too long to realize that this wasn't how a lot of the viewers saw it . Once they realized it they tried to course correct by introducing female love interests but never gave them much development .

• Like 1

The Athena's son thing seemed like it was wrapped up way too easily. Seems like something that could have been (maybe should have been) a multi episode story that didn't have the magic security footage that fixed everything. It would have been more interesting if there was no footage or if there was a racist DA who decided to charge him anyway.  Then again I was also curious what would happen if he said no to the community service, since it's not like something a judge made him do.

• Fire 1

On the other hand, I'm glad the show isn't going to divert too much time and focus away from rescues and crime investigations, to do angsty rebellious teenager drama. These storylines tend to be pretty predictable, and for me it's always a letdown when a show that I've been enjoying for its unique worldview starts doing the same damn things other nighttime dramas do.

• Like 2

I can write an entire dissertation on non cannon homosexual (mostly male) fanfiction/shipping going all the way back to the original Star Trek.   My theory besides the obvious two good looking dudes…..is that back in the olden times most shows were mostly male casts with maybe one or two females.    So it was hard to find romance and shipping pairings once the practice started to become fun.   It was boring to ship Kirk with some nameless female he was never going to see again so people stayed patting him with Spock because the characters had chemistry.       The same could be said for shows like Supernatural even if pairing two brothers together is just weird.  But it was a male dominated show with a heavy female audience.      

so I stay mostly on topic 911 is a heavy mixed cast with most make and female….with on screen gay and straight pairings.    That being said the issue itself is with both Buck and Eddie.   Neither of them have had very interesting female partners.   I haven’t cared about any of Eddie’s partners and Buck has had two decent relationships.  Abby and the reporter girl whose name I forget.    Either way….the same issue exists.  Buck and Eddie have far more chemistry with each other than they have had with most if not all their supposed love interests.

• Like 2

I was a few episodes behind and then someone in my TL posted something Oliver Stark wrote, which basically said he was proud of the storyline and for those in his DMs telling him it ruined the show, they could kick rocks because he didn’t care. I was like “wait, what?!” and got caught up. I’m into it. As someone said, Buck has long been someone who kind of operates on vibes, so I can see him being like, let’s see where this goes. It’s cute seeing him with a crush. And at the end, when he was basically laying it out that he had a crush on Tommy, I was like, well, yeah, kiss him, Tommy. Like, I’d have made the same move based on the info Buck gave him. It didn’t read platonic to me at all. (I haven’t liked any of his interests since Abby, so we’ll see how this one goes.)

The mom who killed her son was heartbreaking. When she said “You’re not saying …” as she put it together, I welled up.

I don’t watch The Bachelor - was that the real bachelor?

• Like 6
1 hour ago, Empress1 said:

I don’t watch The Bachelor - was that the real bachelor?

Yes, that was the real bachelor Joey (forgot his last name and too lazy to look it up).  He seemed like a nice guy on his show. 

• Useful 1
12 hours ago, Chaos Theory said:

That being said the issue itself is with both Buck and Eddie.   Neither of them have had very interesting female partners.

I think part of that is because, other than Abby, their love interests have come from the outside.  Every other person developed a relationship with an established, well-rounded character.  Karen is the only other recurring love interest not part of the regular cast but she works because she was already established as Hen's wife, she has been around since early on and she's a good actress.  The writing hasn't done them any favors either.

• Like 2