Type keyword(s) to search

Kailyn: Kail Smash!

SPLAIN
Message added by OtterMommy

Please remember that it is against Primetimer policy to publish home addresses, links to home addresses, or other personal information of anyone--on or off the screen.

• Start Topic

20 minutes ago, MissMel said:

I think Chelsea is the only that seems to actually like being a mom.  Kail and the others act like it's just another chore on the to-do list in order to get your allowance.

This was the original premise of the show: being a teen mom is hard. So the girls believed from the beginning that their lives were hard, that they were somehow special enough that people would want to watch them struggle. So they struggled for us. The show changed over time to incorporate a new premise: being on a reality TV show is hard. So they believe they have special problems and so they make it hard. It's no mystery why they got knocked up at 15 or 16; they aren't very bright and/or come from badly dysfunctional families. Now because they believe they're special and their lives are especially hard, they have grown into entitled prima donnas that thrive on the constant tug of war between self-pity and self-aggrandizement. It boggles my mind when I think of what a smarter, more imaginative or creative girl could have done with this platform. 

• Love 17

I'll always wish that Kail had stuck with dental hygiene. She was really excited about it, and seemed to be good at it, with her meticulous personality. If she'd been smart, she would have marched over to a university, enrolled in pre-dental classes, and called up Randy to ask mentoring advice. Wouldn't it have been cool if one of these girls had used connections from the show to become a dentist? What's more, they ALL could have done something this cool if they'd had the intelligence, drive, or creativity...and that goes for the dads too!

ETA: I really also think Jenelle could have done something great with her life if she'd gotten on a different path, STAT. It's been said she was a good student, and she doesn't give me the "dumb as a box of rocks" feeling like Leah and Chelsea. I always rooted for her the first few seasons when she said she was getting her life on track, but then 2 days later, she'd be doing drugs with Kieffer. 

Edited by Christina87
  • Love 11
4 hours ago, Christina87 said:

Wouldn't it have been cool if one of these girls had used connections from the show to become a dentist? What's more, they ALL could have done something this cool if they'd had the intelligence, drive, or creativity...and that goes for the dads too!

For sure. Or an astronaut. Or a doctor -- or a schoolteacher. These girls had literally NO limit on what they could have done education-wise. But the only one who has any kind of drive or ambition, unfortunately, was born lacking common sense or empathy and so has used the many advantages to transform herself into a sex toy. Karl had some ambition once upon a time, but I think her only real ambition now is focused on her appearance, her interior decor, and the next boyfriend. 

• Love 2
3 hours ago, lidarose9 said:

Karl had some ambition once upon a time, but I think her only real ambition now is focused on her appearance, her interior decor, and the next boyfriend. 

She's working on her brand!!!!!

• Love 2

Ya know, Karl always mentions how she wants to finish her degree and when she does, she'll be the ONLY one of the Teen Mom's to have a four-year degree. Once again, it's just to make herself look good, or look better than the others. An education is for bettering yourself, not making yourself better than other people.  In the beginning, I think school really was important to her for the right reasons. Now that she has her Pinterest house, nice car, vacations, etc., the degree is just another show-off trophy. 

• Love 13
1 minute ago, saratothej said:

Ya know, Karl always mentions how she wants to finish her degree and when she does, she'll be the ONLY one of the Teen Mom's to have a four-year degree. Once again, it's just to make herself look good, or look better than the others. An education is for bettering yourself, not making yourself better than other people.  In the beginning, I think school really was important to her for the right reasons. Now that she has her Pinterest house, nice car, vacations, etc., the degree is just another show-off trophy. 

Karl is not the only one who received a college education. Katie from TM3 was the first. But, since TM3 is not remembered and was canceled so soon, Karl may have forgotten or thinks others won't remember Katie. Pretty sad because when I last took a look at Karl's Twitter page, Katie had tweeted some support to Karl. Not sure if they are Twitter friends or not, but I read her comment and thought it was sweet of Katie to lend support without picking sides.

• Love 8
12 hours ago, GreatKazu said:

To this day, I have no idea how or where the information came from that Jenelle is smart, book smart, educated or intelligient. These are some descriptions I have read.

I've never seen any evidence either, and her speech pattern isn't really any more impressive than Leah's. She uses plenty of poor grammar and made up words. To date, the only thing she's done that showed any kind of intelligence or drive was that I believe (and this could be wrong) she completed her certification/program straight through- no semester long breaks, no retaking classes. As her program was somewhere between 9 and 18 months, this wasn't incredibly difficult, but Maci still hasn't managed to finish two years worth of classes over an 8 year period, so Jenelle does have her beat there.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, saratothej said:

Right? If someone would remind Kail that she's not the first Teen Mom (to say nothing of the actual teen moms in this country) to earn a degree, do you think she'd quit school? It's like the only real value the degree has is the given ability to lord her superiority over the other girls, especially upper middle class girls like Farrah and Maci.

Edited by Tatum
  • Love 2

Karl commented her reason for not quitting is because she needs her MTV check in order to pay for her home. My feeling is, she won't quit until MTV provides her with a job beyond Teen Mom. MTV is her other fuck buddy.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Tatum said:

I've never seen any evidence either, and her speech pattern isn't really any more impressive than Leah's. She uses plenty of poor grammar and made up words. To date, the only thing she's done that showed any kind of intelligence or drive was that I believe (and this could be wrong) she completed her certification/program straight through- no semester long breaks, no retaking classes. As her program was somewhere between 9 and 18 months, this wasn't incredibly difficult, but Maci still hasn't managed to finish two years worth of classes over an 8 year period, so Jenelle does have her beat there.

As I recall there was a time when she seemed reasonably intelligent and could do well in school if she chose to succeed. This, however, was before she got all drug addled and became a serial birther. I am so grateful to see that although Jace loves Jenelle he knows what side his bread is buttered on.

I don't know if Kailyn will get a job with MTV, but who knows. She wants to be front of the camera but may be able to eke out something behind it with them or one of their sister stations.

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, GreatKazu said:

I cannot think of any time Jenelle came off as intelligient. 

Yeah, I'd love to hear an example. To me she's always come across as a malicious female Forrest Gump.

• Love 13

Just started watching this show on Hulu. Only on Season 4. So glad to have PTV! My husband and I agree Kail is the absolute worst out of all of them. At least Jenelle has crazy  as an excuse (love crazy Barb) and poor sweet Chelsea is just unfortunately not too bright (we also love over-indulgent Randilicious). I spoiled to my husband that we will eventually get a Leah televised total meltdown. 

But Kailyn is literally the worst. Mostly because she thinks she's so great and together. We're still on Vee being Satan's Mistress (got that from here) while she keeps constantly parading whatever current dick in front of her kid (even before she moved out of Jo's parents house), but that's OK cause it's her and she makes "good choices". Her keeping Isaac from his Dad for over a month after she filed a bullshit protective order is case in point.

It's a shame all these girls (except poor intellectually challenged Chelsea) seem to be more concerned about current/potential next dick than they are for their kids. As my husband pointed out - that's likely why they got pregnant at 16.

He once again hates me for getting him involved as it's now must see TV for him (see also VP Rules - which seems to have jumped the shark). I once again blamed my friends at work.

• Love 10
4 hours ago, GreatKazu said:

Karl is not the only one who received a college education. Katie from TM3 was the first. But, since TM3 is not remembered and was canceled so soon, Karl may have forgotten or thinks others won't remember Katie. Pretty sad because when I last took a look at Karl's Twitter page, Katie had tweeted some support to Karl. Not sure if they are Twitter friends or not, but I read her comment and thought it was sweet of Katie to lend support without picking sides.

Why does Kail keep saying she's the first to get a degree?  Besides just because she's an asshole? 

• Love 10

Being first to get a degree when it takes like 8 years really isn't that much of an accomplishment. If she were working to make ends meet etc maybe I'd give a little more credit, but more often than not she takes a semester off to go on a vacation (without her kids)

• Love 11

Right? Like it's so hard to go to school without an actual job that requires you to leave your house. But she has to drive Isaac to school and then go to her own school. Waaaaaaaaaa! There are plenty of mothers who go to school, take care of their kids, AND have full time jobs as well. Move on, Kail, you're not that special. 

• Love 19

Through my work with kids I know a mother who also attends my university.  She is currently putting herself through a law degree while raising two boys, one of whom has Asperger's, anxiety and problems with his speech pattern.  Plus she works part time (was full time before she went back to uni).  Plus she got herself a scholarship because she does so much volunteering in the community. 

So yeah, Kail can shut her mouth about how hard it is for someone on a quarter of a million dollars a year and with no job to finish a degree when other people are helping to raise her kids. If she spent less time at Starbucks and posting duck-face selfies she would have finished last year. 

• Love 15
3 hours ago, teapot said:

Did J graduate high school early?  why do I think that?

I think it was either this, or the fact that she was in early college (well, according to her FB page). In my district, the kids have to apply to early college, and they don't take dummies! Of course, the very best and brightest students usually go to a traditional high school, because they want AP classes and extracurriculars, but if Jenelle did indeed attend early college, she was taking community college classes as a freshman in high school, and finished high school math in two years. I really, really can't see Leah doing any of that. 

Didn't some admissions counselor somewhere tell her she had good high school grades, whereas Leah didn't pass the admissions test? Jenelle has always stricken me as someone who would be a bright student in the "regular" classes...no honors or AP, because she seems like she could quickly and easily memorize facts for tests. I mean, look at all those "mystery illness" symptoms she memorized, and recited perfectly time after time. ? She also doesn't seem to need a lot of help with her online diplomas; she seems to just quietly do the work and pass. That one time, she actually seemed excited about going into a harder program.

I don't think Jenelle is gifted with words, or has any common sense, but it seems there is something there that I don't see with Leah or Chelsea. Maybe it's wishful thinking, since she has no other redeeming characteristics. 

• Love 4
4 hours ago, Tatum said:

Yeah, I'd love to hear an example. To me she's always come across as a malicious female Forrest Gump.

That's awesomely funny. But out of all of them, it's actually Jenelle that comes off to me as the most innately intelligent (not saying much) despite all her crazy bullshit.

But yes - I can't give an example...

• Love 3

Honestly, I don't know that I would call any of the girls anything other then average in the intelligence department. Possibly Kail or Jenelle, but even then neither of them have any true thirst for knowledge and they seem more to use any education they do have to lord it over others, like Kail constantly bragging about her almost finished degree. Funny, considering Chelsea isn't very bright, she has demonstrated more common sense then the other three combined. She has been smarter with her money and smart enough to listen to the wiser voices around her, like Randy, when they give her good advice. Barb has given Jenelle good advice several times, especially about money matters, and she never takes her seriously. Then there is Kail, who had the experience of growing up poor to teach her, and here she is blowing money on cars, vacations, and starbucks. Not the mark of particularly bright people, imo.

• Love 8
3 hours ago, leighroda said:

Being first to get a degree when it takes like 8 years really isn't that much of an accomplishment. If she were working to make ends meet etc maybe I'd give a little more credit, but more often than not she takes a semester off to go on a vacation (without her kids)

Preach! I know mothers who have accomplished so much more in 4 years than Kail. For all the slamming Chelsea got from her "haterz" on her Twitter pagefor taking too long with getting her GED, Kail should have finished college long ago. 

Edited by GreatKazu
  • Love 6

I just saw a commercial where Kail is saying she and Leah were going to be on a show about Mother's Day, or something, I wasn't really listening because I was staring at her face and trying to pinpoint what was wrong with it. It's possible that her nasty attitude makes her look worse to me, but seriously, she doesn't look right. Is it Botox? Alcohol bloat? She may have just gained some weight in her face, but something is different.

Also, Nessa told her she did great and she did not! You shouldn't lie to people, Nessa! Nessa isn't very good either. Maybe she can't tell what "good" is because she only  has Dr. Drew and herself to compare.

• Love 4

Okay, so it's not Mother's Day it is a baby shower, and Leah looks crappy, too. There is clearly bad make-up jobs on all three of them, but Kail's face just has something different about it and it's driving me crazy trying to figure out what it is, but frankly, I'm tired of looking at her.

• Love 1

I've always felt the TM stylists when they have their specials and reunions...so I assume they do the commercials too...are horrible.  They seem to be caught in the 80s and it's not a good thing.   The girls are hot messes, but I often think they look better when they are being filmed normally than when TM people do they up for the specials.  

• Love 2
On 2/5/2017 at 10:30 PM, GreatKazu said:

To this day, I have no idea how or where the information came from that Jenelle is smart, book smart, educated or intelligient. These are some descriptions I have read.

If I remember correctly, at a time when the other girls were having major struggles with completing their GEDs Janelle completed her HS diploma or GED without too much difficulty and Barb said she had good grades. The other girls' life dreams ranged from bonding with brown couches to at the most beauty school. Janelle talked about getting a four year degree and wanted to major in film studies. I think she even got accepted somewhere because Barb got mad at her for getting high all the time when she could've gone to college where she wouldn't be around the Keiffers of the world and gotten the heck out of their small town. 

Edited by Booger666
Typo
  • Love 1

I read an article where Kail said that the reason she stays on TM is because it's a job and provides income. All true, but she also knows that it will end at some point. She doesn't talk about how she is going to take that degree and put it to use via a career. My guess is that she is hoping the parlay TM into an MTV job when TM gets cancelled. 

Some tweets from last night and pics from Snapchat.  Check out where Vee liked Javi's tweet. Interesting......

IMG_9724.PNG

IMG_9725.PNG

IMG_9726.PNG

IMG_9723.PNG

Edited by Mkay
Tried to arrange in the correct order but that didn't work out very well.
  • Love 1

If you are deleting your resopnse, I think just deleting it is enough. Calling attention to your deletion of it defeats the point of deleting it. And what the fuck with that picture. I don't get it. Is she brushing her teeth in a public bathroom? What is going on, why would anyone post that picture? What the...

• Love 11
39 minutes ago, Uncle JUICE said:

If you are deleting your resopnse, I think just deleting it is enough. Calling attention to your deletion of it defeats the point of deleting it. And what the fuck with that picture. I don't get it. Is she brushing her teeth in a public bathroom? What is going on, why would anyone post that picture? What the...

She is brushing her teeth in an airport bathroom.

Kail has a habit of shutting down any conversation when she feels she is losing or the truth is being brought up. Doing it on Twitter is no different. She also has to have the last word.

• Love 5
52 minutes ago, Uncle JUICE said:

Right? She might as well pull a Leah and add, I COULD comment on all the shitty things my ex did to me, but I won't, cause I'm taking the high road.

Yes, because throwing out vague accusations that therefore can't be refuted on a public forum is so taking the high road. Kail is the same- letting us know that she has a comeback for Javi, but she's just not using it because she's above that.

How are these bitches pushing 25? They act about 14.

• Love 3

Why would one so desperately need to brush your teeth at the airport? I'm all for good dental hygiene, but one would assume that wherever you were before the airport bathroom would be more appropriate to brush your teeth, maybe a quick mouthwash gargle but to fill out brush your teeth, I find that weird... it's not like she has braces, does she have some other dental appliance that would require immediate brushing after eating? I feel like it's just a desperate attempt to humble brag, like she keeps getting slammed for all the selfies she posts so she felt like she had to make a reason for posting... look at me so busy I have to brush my teeth at the airport.

• Love 8
11 minutes ago, leighroda said:

Why would one so desperately need to brush your teeth at the airport? I'm all for good dental hygiene, but one would assume that wherever you were before the airport bathroom would be more appropriate to brush your teeth, maybe a quick mouthwash gargle but to fill out brush your teeth, I find that weird... it's not like she has braces, does she have some other dental appliance that would require immediate brushing after eating? I feel like it's just a desperate attempt to humble brag, like she keeps getting slammed for all the selfies she posts so she felt like she had to make a reason for posting... look at me so busy I have to brush my teeth at the airport.

Total humblebrag. It's not enough anymore to cruise around in leased BMW while sipping a $6 coffee drink and wearing $100 leggings that have been stretched beyond any imaginable limit- she has to let everyone know that she is a jetsetter.

Which is truly fucking sad, because real jetsetters are mortified to be traveling commercially with the peons and would never ever document themselves attending to basic hygiene in a public restroom. She's such a tryhard and she still fails at that.

• Love 10
23 hours ago, politichick said:

I don't know if Kailyn will get a job with MTV, but who knows. She wants to be front of the camera but may be able to eke out something behind it with them or one of their sister stations.

I may have made this reference before, but Kail has a face for radio.

• Love 8

I, for one, want that stupid half-bun trend to stop already.   She looks like a busted version of Pebble Flintstones.  I travel a lot for work.   It's exhausting.  I get that that she's tired and your mouth does get really scummy feeling after a long day.   But they have this marvelous invention called Colgate Wisp Mini brush so you can freshen up discretely without exposing your real toothbrush to the world.   She should look into that.  But then that wouldn't be an fun IG pic.  

• Love 15
2 hours ago, Mkay said:

Some tweets from last night and pics from Snapchat.  Check out where Vee liked Javi's tweet. Interesting......

IMG_9724.PNG

IMG_9725.PNG

IMG_9726.PNG

IMG_9723.PNG

Why is this on the Internet????!  Everyone stop for a second and imagine that the Internet existed when we were 7 years old.  Can you imagine your parents carrying on like this????! I just cannot get over it.  I don't understand it!!!!!  You are not 15 years old!!! Stop this!!!

• Love 11

I keep a pack of the Colgate whisps in my purse lol... and I also hate the half bun look... either put it all in a bun, or do something else, it looks like they were straightening their hair and ran out of time or something and just left it.

Edited by leighroda
Autocorrect... although "Colgate whispers" would be a funny product
  • Love 6