Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler, Speculation and Social Media

• Start Topic

I tried a couple of times, in the end I only could make it to 23 min in. It was just too much "bloviating word salad" as @monagatuna said. 🤮  Listening to him on the show is almost more than I can stand and this tape was well over an hour of him...NOPE! I've officially Noped out!

• Like 9
  • Love 1
On 10/20/2023 at 12:21 PM, Kellyee said:

https://www.today.com/popculture/tv/sister-wives-kody-says-janelle-christine-want-separate-kids-rcna121061

Kody could have invited Savanah to Christmas #2. He could fly to visit Logan and Maddy and Hunter. While I believe that Christine is refusing to spend any holidays with Kody/Robyn and many of the adult kids are following her, Kody could still contact and spend time with most of his kids. He has only said that Gabe and Garrison won't speak to him. He has 11 other non-Robyn kids. Kody just wants to play the victim.

And to say he is "okay" with the situation on camera for his kids to see later is cruel and doesn't help him reconnect with them, if he even really wants to. Which I'm beginning to question. 

Gwendolyn seems to still want a relationship with him, and he repaid her by showing up to her wedding 2 hours late. 

All of his non Sobbyn kids are adults now, except for Truely. If he actually cared to see them, he would call them and invite them over. He could fly out to see Maddie and his grandkids. For Christmas, he could rent a big place for the whole family and make a peace offering and say let's start over and apologize  to all if them for the past. He does none of those things because he doesn't want to. All of his kids (except Truely) are old enough to make their own decisions about going to see him or talking to him, so for him to say that the moms are keeping them from him is a cop out and ridiculous.  It's not like they're toddlers and small  children that are still controlled by their parents and have no say in anything. He just doesn't want to look like the selfish,  narcissistic asshole that he really is so he puts the blame on his wives. Sobbyn is also to blame just as much as he is because she doesn't care about any of them either. She has her arm so far up Kody's ass, he's her puppet and whatever comes out of his mouth, came out of Sobbyn's mouth first. He's  just her parrot and whatever she says goes. 

• Like 7
  • Applause 11
  • Love 4
34 minutes ago, ladyscorpio said:

All of his non Sobbyn kids are adults now, except for Truely. If he actually cared to see them, he would call them and invite them over. He could fly out to see Maddie and his grandkids. For Christmas, he could rent a big place for the whole family and make a peace offering and say let's start over and apologize  to all if them for the past. He does none of those things because he doesn't want to. All of his kids (except Truely) are old enough to make their own decisions about going to see him or talking to him, so for him to say that the moms are keeping them from him is a cop out and ridiculous.  It's not like they're toddlers and small  children that are still controlled by their parents and have no say in anything. He just doesn't want to look like the selfish,  narcissistic asshole that he really is so he puts the blame on his wives. Sobbyn is also to blame just as much as he is because she doesn't care about any of them either. She has her arm so far up Kody's ass, he's her puppet and whatever comes out of his mouth, came out of Sobbyn's mouth first. He's  just her parrot and whatever she says goes. 

Kody could improve his filming opportunities by flying to his kids' homes and visiting with them especially if they filmed in an interesting nearby park or historic site. 

• Like 14
2 hours ago, MMEButterfly said:

Kody could improve his filming opportunities by flying to his kids' homes and visiting with them especially if they filmed in an interesting nearby park or historic site. 

Nah, he and Crybrows prefer to make everyone sit outside in coats for any visiting. 

• Like 11
  • Wink 1
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, MMEButterfly said:

Not going to happen, ''I have a house they need to come here" or some such bull pucky. Lord Kootie would never stoop to go see them.

• Like 13
11 hours ago, Gramto6 said:

Not going to happen, ''I have a house they need to come here" or some such bull pucky. Lord Kootie would never stoop to go see them.

Again I ask , if all his kids did come theee , where would they fit ? Especially if Ari is running around like a howler monkey ?

• Like 6
  • LOL 10
  • Love 1

Have loved this shitshow from beginning and despised Kidney and Crybrows for about as long. Love how Janelle and Christine are forging ahead now. Question- were Christine and Janelle always close, or is this a case of "the enemy of my enemy is my friend?"  I know Christine did lots of the child care of Janelle's kids in Lehi, but we're the two women close in Vegas? I really cannot recall them doing much together then.

Edited by BAForever
  • Like 6
  • Useful 2
On 11/2/2023 at 3:05 AM, Jeanne222 said:

Every time Kody or Robin talk I have to wonder why.  They want to be free of the whole kit and kaboodle of family. Why prolong the misery.

Kody was never a really good dad to all those kids and some of their hearts are breaking.

Robins kids don't give a fig about all of Kodys kids.  They can't wait for any meet up to be over.  I love looking in the background of family doings.  Those scenes tell the tale.

Money.  The OG3 wives go, the show goes, presumably.  

• Like 9
  • Useful 3
  • Love 1
On 11/4/2023 at 10:50 AM, BAForever said:

Have loved this shitshow from beginning and despised Kidney and Crybrows for about as long. Love how Janelle and Christine are forging ahead now. Question- were Christine and Janelle always close, or is this a case of "the enemy of my enemy is my friend?"  I know Christine did lots of the child care of Janelle's kids in Lehi, but we're the two women close in Vegas? I really cannot recall them doing much together then.

It seemed like they got closer during Covid, when Sobbyn wrote all those ridiculous rules that they had to follow. This is when I noticed Christine and Janelle coming together more. Covid was just an excuse so Kody could be at her house 24 hrs a day and shut everyone else out. There were pictures of Kody and Sobbyn out in public at restaurants and shopping at malls with no masks on during that time too. 

• Like 13
  • Mind Blown 2
  • Love 1
On 11/4/2023 at 11:50 AM, BAForever said:

I think there was genuine affection. After Truely was born, Christine had post partum depression, took antidepressants. When they were on the fitness kick, Christine said exercising helped so much, she was able to reduce the dose by half. Janelle smiled and said something like oh great. 

To me, that was spontaneous, and unlike the calm Janelle we saw in the early seasons.

Edited by Art Of Noiz
Corrected autocorrect.
  • Like 6
  • Love 1

I think Janelle always respected Christine and appreciated what she brought to the family (and Vice versa). I think they trusted each other regarding things happening in the family and what was best for the kids (didn’t matter who the bio Mom was). I think they began to hang out more during Covid when Kody was showing his true colors. 

I don’t think it was so much “the enemy of my enemy is my friend” but that “common goals, proximity and shared people we love (the kids) along with circumstances breed intimacy and closeness”.

You have to remember these women have known each other a LONG time. Logan is 29. In a more typical way I think of cousins I knew and was fond of, but didn’t start hanging out with regularly until circumstances brought us closer and I got to know them so much better. 

• Like 19

I think meri wants kootie head to be upset about her leaving.  She saw him have emotions when Christine left   She wants him to say she mattered 

also a request :  whomever gets that word a day calendar away from him , grab those damn “work gloves” while at it 

• Applause 2
  • LOL 17
On 11/3/2023 at 10:44 AM, Midwestern Lady said:

If Sobbyn was really a model, we would have seen her pitchers by now.   

Those pitchers would've been hung above the headboard alongside that ridiculous pitcher of the two of them posing next to Kody's convertible like a still shot from a music video.

On 11/4/2023 at 3:37 PM, BAForever said:

Longtime teacher here- we giggle about Ari's lack of physical boundaries and "safe hands and feet", but if she were in my class at school and this behavior was occurring, we would be having daily discussions and communication with family. She's not a toddler who doesn't have the language skills to communicate needs and wants. Girls came be just as aggressive as boys. Her jumping all over Truly at the birthday party was unacceptable behavior.

For sure - after all, this is the girl who sat on the interview couch and gave us a verbal dissertation on the merits of what ingredients go into the making of a perfect crepe, or why she should be allowed to ride an ATV on Plague Pass, or  screaming at encouraging her bonus mom to go out on dates.  This is why it's so bizarre to me that this child can even speak in complete sentences, given her use of a pacifier at age 6 and the fact that she leaps onto her nearest sibling whenever she feels like it.  She's clearly intelligent, but it's also clear that she has no boundaries at home.

Edited by laurakaye
  • Like 17
  • Sad 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 4

Kody and Robyn don't know how to parent their children. Kody left the children of the OG wives to them and then complained about things he didn't like. I don't think they know how to discipline Ari or help her with language skills, or how to support Sol who is a quiet kid who takes a back seat to his sister. Maybe Gabe would be a good mentor for him - if only they were all talking and Robyn didn't put a moat around the house to keep everyone out.

• Like 5
  • Applause 8
  • Love 3
On 11/3/2023 at 1:51 PM, BAForever said:

I'm loving Christine recognizing Crybrows' relationship with Mykelti. I truly believe originally, Robyn was close to Mykelti for the help with the tenders, but Christine is magnanimous in her acceptance of the Dark Wife in the role she played with Mykelti. 

Christine has always struck me as being pretty savvy when it comes to interpersonal relations (Kody aside). Maybe it comes with being in enormous families from childhood, but she's observed a LOT of human behavior up close and personal, and if there's one thing you learn once you've seen it play out more than once is the power of playing the long game. Many divorced parents inwardly seethe at their kid's hero worship of an absent, neglectful parent (or fourth mother), but know saying anything is counterproductive. 

Sometimes you have to wait these things out until the kid is an adult and gains perspective about the relative merits of each person and their behavior over time.  Once they start witnessing certain behaviors as an adult, they revisit the echoes from their childhood and renegotiate everybody's role. 

• Like 18
  • Applause 2
  • Love 1
On 11/3/2023 at 11:51 AM, BAForever said:

I'm loving Christine recognizing Crybrows' relationship with Mykelti. I truly believe originally, Robyn was close to Mykelti for the help with the tenders, but Christine is magnanimous in her acceptance of the Dark Wife in the role she played with Mykelti. 

I think Mykelti has always been desperate for Kody's attention, and when Robyn came into the family and was obviously his favourite she saw an opportunity. Mykelti has always struck me as somewhat manipulative / conniving and willing to do whatever it takes to get what she wants. I also think she is intelligent enough to realise the cozying up to Robyn would bring her in close proximity to Daddy Dearest, and now she has outlasted all of the OG3 kids and is top of the heap of kids that Robyn didn't birth as far as Kody is concerned. 

• Like 16
  • Useful 2
On 11/9/2023 at 2:38 PM, OldWiseOne said:

I think Mykelti has always been desperate for Kody's attention, and when Robyn came into the family and was obviously his favourite she saw an opportunity. Mykelti has always struck me as somewhat manipulative / conniving and willing to do whatever it takes to get what she wants. I also think she is intelligent enough to realise the cozying up to Robyn would bring her in close proximity to Daddy Dearest, and now she has outlasted all of the OG3 kids and is top of the heap of kids that Robyn didn't birth as far as Kody is concerned. 

This is likely true, but she is probably headed for a hard fall.  Kody and Sobbyn are only loyal to Kody and Sobbyn and when Mykelti outlives her usefulness, she will be cut off just like the rest of them.  She is fortunate that while Christine may be hurt by her actions, she won't hold a grudge and will take Mykelti back with open arms.  

• Like 18
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1
10 hours ago, NoWhammies said:

From the preview for next week... I can't believe (well actually, I can, but it's unconscionable) that Robyn expects and needs Meri to comfort her because Meri's and Kody's marriage is ending. That woman is exhausting. 

It is also unconscionable that Robyn was there at all.     What for?   Meri and Kody should end their spiritual marriage without a third party there- besides the film crew of course.  Robyn is also the same person that thought she needed to be at the lawyer when Meri signed the divorce papers for the legal marriage. Robyn has to be in control of everything. She’s the least polygamous polygamy wife ever.  

• Like 11
  • Applause 7
  • Love 4
48 minutes ago, mythoughtis said:

Meri and Kody should end their spiritual marriage without a third party there- besides the film crew of course.

They should have been alone, period.  But. of course, gotta get those ratings.  And there have to be more shots of Sobbyn with a crumpled face trying to force out a real tear.

They are are truly disgusting.

• Like 11
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3
14 hours ago, Orcinus orca said:

They should have been alone, period.  But. of course, gotta get those ratings.  And there have to be more shots of Sobbyn with a crumpled face trying to force out a real tear.

Now don't panic, but I think those might have been actual real tears for the first time ever coming out of that woman's face.  Because with Meri leaving, the TLC gravy train might just pull out of the station for good, leaving Robyn to come to terms with what she has wrought - by dissolving this family, she now has a mansion that she and Kody cannot afford, as well as the collectibles and questionable artwork she thinks she deserves, a nanny, fancy dinners out with her man, etc...all of it might be coming to an abrupt end, and she and Kody might have to get jobs and - gasp - downsize significantly.  Maybe that college apartment that Janelle lived in is still available?

• Like 6
  • Applause 5
  • LOL 10
On 11/9/2023 at 1:38 PM, OldWiseOne said:

It probably is her place in the birth order, but I think she might be a “lost child” without some manipulation. I am almost certain she was the girl who decided she could ride the horse at her grandfather’s ranch when the group was told not to ride him. 

• Like 6
1 hour ago, Twopper said:

It probably is her place in the birth order, but I think she might be a “lost child” without some manipulation. I am almost certain she was the girl who decided she could ride the horse at her grandfather’s ranch when the group was told not to ride him. 

Correct.  

She's annoying the crap out of me lately, and Tony's the same way.  

• Like 12
  • Applause 1
  • Love 3

Has anyone listened to this recent YouTube podcast interview with Kody Brown and Mormon Discussion.  I'm just starting watching it now, it starts off with Kody really schmoozing and grinning ear to ear but I'm sure that demeanour will change to his true nature shortly!  He has already cleared himself of any tough or real answers based on his non disclosure contract with TLC.

Edited by endure
  • Like 2
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Sad 1
  • LOL 1

Mykelti’s reason for telling Kody and Robyn first, given on the show, was different than the reason she gave on her Patreon recently. Now she says it was because she told Christine about her first pregnancy first, so this time she told Kody and Robyn first.

• Mind Blown 1
  • Useful 7

Then why didn't she just say that at the time?? And not make up the morning sickness bull $hit?? People would have understood that w/out any fancy dancing around on Mykelti's part.

She finally came up with a more plausible answer (rather than she just wanted to stick it to Christine) to explain away her actions. Instead she mumbled and stammered through the sickness help excuse.

• Like 7
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, Gramto6 said:

Then why didn't she just say that at the time?? And not make up the morning sickness bull $hit?? People would have understood that w/out any fancy dancing around on Mykelti's part.

She finally came up with a more plausible answer (rather than she just wanted to stick it to Christine) to explain away her actions. Instead she mumbled and stammered through the sickness help excuse.

I still think they needed financial help.  She did say they needed help on the show, so now she's trying to backpedal.  Perhaps Tony should get a job with benefits and they wouldn't have to go hat in hand to someone else to support themselves.

• Like 8
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Meow Mix said:

I still think they needed financial help.  She did say they needed help on the show, so now she's trying to backpedal.  Perhaps Tony should get a job with benefits and they wouldn't have to go hat in hand to someone else to support themselves.

I don’t really understand how ANY young family manages financially today; it’s such a challenge. As I understand it, neither Mykelti nor Tony have actual jobs, right? I know that Mykelti does the MLM crap and Tony - what? Plays video games on one of those sites that people can watch him play? I’m guessing they don’t have health insurance so just routine prenatal care (just the basics since I’m guessing Mykelti is all “woo-woo I shun medical science”) would cost a tidy sum. 

• Like 6
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, Meow Mix said:

Tony recently got job. He's an owner-partner at some chess center near them. He usually leaves their live-watches to go to work.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Useful 11
  • LOL 1
21 minutes ago, General Days said:

Tony recently got job. He's an owner-partner at some chess center near them. He usually leaves their live-watches to go to work.

Probably still doesn’t have health insurance. Unless Utah is part of the affordable health insurance marketplace 

• Like 5
7 hours ago, endure said:

Has anyone listened to this recent YouTube podcast interview with Kody Brown and Mormon Discussion.  I'm just starting watching it now, it starts off with Kody really schmoozing and grinning ear to ear but I'm sure that demeanour will change to his true nature shortly!  He has already cleared himself of any tough or real answers based on his non disclosure contract with TLC.

Unfortunately I watched it and it's an hour of my life I won't get back now. I couldn't make it all the way thru to the end. There was nothing at all in the interview that people want to know about. It's just like the tell nothing with Suki, except it was more boring and no real questions were asked again.  He started bragging about how special he felt when Sobbyn, a "Diesel jeans model" chose him out of all of her hundreds of choices she had lined up when I couldn't listen anymore. 

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 14
2 minutes ago, ladyscorpio said:

Unfortunately I watched it and it's an hour of my life I won't get back now. I couldn't make it all the way thru to the end. There was nothing at all in the interview that people want to know about. It's just like the tell nothing with Suki, except it was more boring and no real questions were asked again.  He started bragging about how special he felt when Sobbyn, a "Diesel jeans model" chose him out of all of her hundreds of choices she had lined up when I couldn't listen anymore. 

I totally agree he just waxed poetic ad nauseum..... he thinks he is so intelligent lol.  Reading the live comments nobody had anything good to say about him. I laughed at the end, there were only three questions from viewers and they were stupid.... he expected more ha ha.  At one point they asked him about marrying someone else and he got all excited in some weird excited way, just repulsive, ugh. Total waste of time for sure.  They do have some hilts slotted so you can cut to those but it was all boring, mostly him talking over and showing off to the other two guys

• Like 7
  • Love 1
9 hours ago, endure said:

I laughed at the end, there were only three questions from viewers and they were stupid.... he expected more ha ha.

He didn't realize how many viewers dropped out from boredom. And after 18 seasons, who really cares about Kody? 

• Like 1
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 4
1 hour ago, altopower said:

He didn't realize how many viewers dropped out from boredom. And after 18 seasons, who really cares about Kody? 

I think I lasted 22 minutes before I thought "Why am I wasting my time on this douche?" He has a very high opinion of himself and thinks everything he vomits out of his mouth are words of wisdom that we should all heed (and in the case of his fambly...OBEY!).  What a sad little man....

• Like 10
  • Applause 1
  • Love 2
11 hours ago, ladyscorpio said:

The hosts of that Mormon Discussions podcast don't watch Sister Wives and didn't have Kody on to talk about the plot of Sister Wives. To the extent they talked about the show, they did so as part of Kody's overall religious journey.

Then of course there is the Kody factor. You can't really herd cats or direct Kody's mouth. 

(About Mormon Discussions ⬇️)

In the past, I believe both Bill Reel and "Radio Free Mormon" were LDS apologists, but are now ex-LDS, and I think both were eventually excommunicated for questioning the LDS church. I know Reel was once an LDS Bishop, and one of the reasons he was excommunicated, was that he questioned church teaching about LGBTQ+ people.

Reel is or was one of the owners or managers of that pawn shop in St. George, where Mykelti worked with Kody's mainstream LDS friend, Chris, after she dropped out of college. Kody and Christine visited it, on the show, and Kody talked about pawning some watch that Robyn gave him.

Mykelti was at first living with or renting from Chris and his wife (who has also been on the show), when she moved to St. George. More about Bill Reel.

"Radio Free Mormon" is the name of one of the podcasts that channel puts out, and if I understand correctly, it's also been the longtime online handle of the other guy on the podcast. I believe his real name is Corbin Volluz.

I think they had Kody on, because he's known from Sister Wives, but not because they wanted to talk Sister Wives. To them, Kody is interesting because he is known as a Mormon fundamentalist, who at least seems to be questioning his faith, as well as a onetime polygamy activist who is shedding wives like a dog sheds old undercoat, because he only loves one woman. Their angle is the greater Latter-day Saints religious movement, not the pop culture angle.

So to sum up: there wouldn't be much content in this for Sister Wives fans, except for those who are also interested in a religious discussion.

I watched the whole thing, because the religious angle was what intrigued me in the first place (and I think Sister Wives would have been better if the producers and the Browns were more willing to include frank religious expression, but I'm probably wrong about that).

I will say, I found Kody much more human in this podcast episode, than he has been in maybe the past 10 seasons of Sister Wives. He's still an asshat, but he's like the asshat of old, not this new, roided up, patriarch-wannabe jerk we've been getting for the past few years.

• Like 7
  • Useful 9
22 minutes ago, ladyscorpio said:

Kody and Sobbyn got alot of angry comments on YouTube after this interview that Bill Reel posted this after reading all of them. 

Screenshot_20231115_004810.jpg

I wonder how it feels for Kody and Robyn to lay their heads on the pillows each night, reflecting in their lives and realizing they are probably the most reviled couple on reality TV.

Are they self aware enough to realize this and if so, do they even give a damn?

• Like 10
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1

Does anyone remember on the show clean house. I think it was the second messiest pier in the country. That couple who needed a lot of mental help and got rid of nothing ?   And they showed them taking a nap and the wife saying people Just didn’t understand them ?  I think that is how crybrows and kootie go through life 

also I want Logan to send kootie a bill for all the childcare he provided over the years 

• Like 9
  • Sad 1
  • Love 1
25 minutes ago, Sandy W said:

I wonder how it feels for Kody and Robyn to lay their heads on the pillows each night, reflecting in their lives and realizing they are probably the most reviled couple on reality TV.

Are they self aware enough to realize this and if so, do they even give a damn?

Those two have zero self awareness. They probably blamed it on Christine after reading all those comments. 

• Like 7
  • LOL 6
  • Love 3
39 minutes ago, Kellyee said:

They need to stop showing this scene to us over and over like it is some huge, significant, emotional moment.

At this point I am sure we can all recite it word for word.  

"Rockes, porch, sister wives, grandkids, I don't understand" blah, blah, blah.  Make a face, force out a sob, lather, rinse repeat. 

The power of the fast forward button cannot be understated.,

• Like 9
  • Fire 1
  • LOL 6
  • Love 4