Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler, Speculation and Social Media

• Start Topic

20 hours ago, BAForever said:

To me, the telling part is how many of the non-Robyn kids care anymore? Logan, Maddie, Hunter, Aspyn, Leon, Paeden, Garrison, Ysabel, and Savannah don't seem too. Gabe was so hurt-hope we see him this season. Truly is still a child. (I'm missing someone).

Kody- your non-Robyn kids don't despise you, they just don't give you much thought and THAT'S the knife in the kidneys. 

And this is the real point.  The opposite of love isn't hate, it's indifference.  Kody is really angry because his kids don't even give him a thought, not because they hate him.

• Like 17
  • Fire 1
13 minutes ago, Meow Mix said:

And this is the real point.  The opposite of love isn't hate, it's indifference.  Kody is really angry because his kids don't even give him a thought, not because they hate him.

It's mutual, I'm sure.  Kootie only cares for five of his kids, and proves it.

• Like 10
  • Love 2
9 hours ago, Tuxcat said:

And so in that respect Kody is semi-right. Both of them are tearing each other up in front of their kids. Christine does do it too. They are both guilty of spatting and complaining in public.

St. Christine is an equal in BS when it comes to it. She talks one way, acts another.  All the applause for her leaving would be for naught, if Kootie had agreed to jump back in bed with her she would still be with him.

• Like 6
  • Applause 4
  • LOL 2
5 hours ago, xwordfanatik said:

And the irony of that is 3 of them aren't really "his" kids. I don't for a minute believe that "adoption" on TV was real....

Edited by Gramto6
  • Like 11
  • Applause 1
  • Love 2
On 8/26/2023 at 8:08 PM, Dustbunny said:

Robyn said Christine isn't really divorced until she sleeps with another man, I think David probably took care of that and from the look of Christine he did a much better job than the 2 pump chump Kody!

I always used to hate the idea that a woman who is uptight/unhappy/whatever negative thing needs to "get laid." It just strikes me as so grossly sexist. HOWEVER, every time I see a recent photo, or video of Christine, and she looks, acts, and sounds so relaxed, I will admit I'm guilty of thinking. "Oh, Christine got good and divorced again, last night."

22 hours ago, Absolom said:

The big house was solely for TV purposes.  It was and could never be built as it would never have been approved by the planning commission.  TLC has never let the trivialities of how things actually work interfere with their fantasy stories.  Reality TV?  Not.  

I agree with your conclusion overall (it was never going to happen, and not just because it felt like another circle of Hell to Christine), but didn't Kody start working with the architect on that, before the family even bought the Coyote Pass property?

It seems to me it was a house without a lot, but I could be totally wrong. Somehow, the two year delay in the timeline makes it harder for me to remember what little chronology we did get.

20 hours ago, xwordfanatik said:

Kody only cares for Kody. Kody only cares for Kody. Kody only cares for Kody.

The above is always the truth. To the extent that he "loves" Robyn, it's because Robyn makes Kody feel better about being Kody than any of the OG3. To the extent that he "loves" Robyn's children more, it's because Robyn has successfully indoctrinated them, so that they too know how to make Kody feel better about being Kody.

Kody only cares for Kody.

20 hours ago, Orcinus orca said:

St. Christine is an equal in BS when it comes to it. She talks one way, acts another.  All the applause for her leaving would be for naught, if Kootie had agreed to jump back in bed with her she would still be with him.

I don't know. I think it might have delayed the divorce, but I think it would have happened eventually. Kody was never going to be able to give Christine what she wanted (I don't even mean sex, so much as an emotionally intimate marriage), because Kody is a gaping vortex of need.

Maybe someone else would have had to be the first wife to leave, but Christine was as unhappy in season 1 as she was in seasons 16 and 17. She just lost the desire and/or ability to fake it by the latter seasons.

14 hours ago, Gramto6 said:

And the irony of that is 3 of them aren't really "his" kids. I don't for a minute believe that "adoption" on TV was real....

What makes you think that?

I know the Browns are lying liars who lie, and like all purveyors of reality TV, TLC loves a good, misleading edit.

However, I don't think either TLC or the production company would damage their professional credibility or that of parent network Discovery by putting on a fake session of family court, complete with a fake judge. I also think there is enough ill will toward Robyn and Kody, such that if it was fake, by now, someone would have leaked that in a credible way.

Not to mention, Preston Jessop's Go-Fund-Me for his leukemia, doesn't even count Dayton, Aurora, and Breanna among his children. It only counts the ones he has with his current wife.

I'm pretty sure this much is true:

• Preston was way behind in child support (he had even left the country for a year, at some point, without telling Robyn and his kids beforehand)
  • FINANCIALLY: Robyn and Kody were afraid if they kept trying to collect the child support that was in arrears, Preston would object to the children being on TV, so just like Preston, Kody and Robyn were motivated for the adoption to go through
  • RELIGIOUSLY: Robyn wanted all of her kids to be sealed to her and Kody in the afterlife. Since Preston left the AUB, and Robyn was still pretty much a true believer at the time of the adoption, this was important to her (at the time) for reasons beyond the stuff of most divorces and custody issues.
  • Like 11

I do believe DayunAuroraBrianna were legally adopted. The adoption courtroom proceedings seemed strange or perhaps it was a reenactment. Firm believer that no matter the biology, parents are who loves and cares for the child and meets the child's needs. By that definition, Truly is less Kody's child than DayunAuroraBrianna. 

• Like 9
  • Useful 5
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, BAForever said:

I do believe DayunAuroraBrianna were legally adopted. The adoption courtroom proceedings seemed strange or perhaps it was a reenactment. Firm believer that no matter the biology, parents are who loves and cares for the child and meets the child's needs. By that definition, Truly is less Kody's child than DayunAuroraBrianna. 

I’m with you on this. My daughter is my daughter. She isn’t mine biologically and I haven’t adopted her (though I would). Her bio mom passed when she was 7 and she has lived with her dad her whole life - and me when I joined the family. I can’t imagine any way in which she would be more “mine” had I birthed or adopted her. 

I do think that parents who live apart can still be great parents, even when circumstances like geography limit the amount of in-person time they get. I just don’t think Kody is that dad. When Truely was close by, he didn’t seem to spend time with her and now that she is further away, I don’t see it happening either. “His kids” are Robyn’s five and that’s it - and that’s only as long as they are completely and blindly obedient to him.

Edited by Elizzikra
  • Like 11
  • Applause 5
  • Love 2
On 8/11/2023 at 10:27 AM, Natalie68 said:

At this point, let's just have a Season 19 be a cage match between Kody and anyone that wants to kick him in the nuts.

I'm sure Robyn would cosign this, anything as long as she doesn't have to get a real job.  She could be his manager, WWE style, and book him dates around the country.  She could run the merch table, where Precious Moments figurines (slightly used) would be sold alongside the Douche Canoe T shirts.  

• Wink 1
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 5
  • Love 1
On 8/28/2023 at 4:48 PM, General Days said:

Not to mention, Preston Jessop's Go-Fund-Me for his leukemia, doesn't even count Dayton, Aurora, and Breanna among his children. It only counts the ones he has with his current wife.

That's interesting... Are we sure this is the same guy?

I would like to point out though that this wasn't written by him (if it's the same guy). His sister did and she could have personal reasons for not mentioning them. I'm not saying that to justify it. Just to point out that these are not Preston's words.

He seemed to have been in touch with his kids over the years, and they spent several summers with him in Montana. There also was a rumour about Dayton considering moving back to Montana last year, presumably to be close to his dad.

As for the adoption: Nobody has any proof, so I'll  just go by my gut feeling, predictability, and love for analysing patterns. This "adoption" fits the pattern of twisted truths, alternative realities and simple lies the Browns have become famous for.  My gut tells me it wasn't real.

• Like 11
  • Love 3

I'm with you, I simply don't believe a Judge would tolerate that nonsense.

Possibly, there was a private ceremony and later TLC and Kody and Krew re-enacted the procedure for our viewing pleasure.😒

• Like 6
  • Love 1

I agree with you both that it's unlikely Kody adopted those kids, or that their name change was legal. But to me that courthouse setup looked rilly rill. However, I doubt that even a private courtroom setting would allow TLC cameras in, so perhaps they were able to get an empty courtroom and actors to play the judge and steno? (I don't believe for a minute that TLC would pay for a set to be erected.)

• Like 5
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, Sandy W said:

I'm with you, I simply don't believe a Judge would tolerate that nonsense.

Possibly, there was a private ceremony and later TLC and Kody and Krew re-enacted the procedure for our viewing pleasure.😒

They are known for re-enacting scenes, particularly those with the entire family gathering. They've said so themselves on several occasions. The Christmas celebrations were a great example, most were filmed after Christmas... (which makes sense, what film crew would willingly spend Christmas with those idiots instead of their loved ones?)

• Like 8
  • Love 1

I wish kootie could follow the line.  He called gabe on his birthday. Forgot it was his birthday. But called Gwen on hers.  Anyhoo. That upset gabe. And was just another tick for garrison to have against the hair.    Around this time was also when kootie told janelle to not the the intermediary between him and the boys  and she’s fine with that.  But then kootie makes no efforts   But janelle is the one turning them against him     

• Like 6
  • Sad 3
2 hours ago, General Days said:

E! put up an extended look at the fight between Janelle and Kody that will feature in S18E03, "Throwing Stones in Glass Houses."

Go Janelle!

Holy cheeseballs, YES! Bring that fire, Janelle! I understand why Christine did the smiling grey rock thing. That's what was best for her. But it's just so satisfying to see someone finally go toe to toe and hold their own with this fool.

• Like 9
  • Applause 5
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, General Days said:

E! put up an extended look at the fight between Janelle and Kody that will feature in S18E03, "Throwing Stones in Glass Houses."

Go Janelle!

What an absolute asshole of the worst kind.  I agree, Go Janelle!  You put up with this fucker WAY too long.  

1 hour ago, General Days said:

ET Online has a different promo for S18E03. In it, Meri tells Kody and Robyn how she feels stuck in the middle (between Kody & Robyn vs. Janelle & Christine, regarding the upcoming holidays.

Meri, all those toxic shitheads wanted from you, was your money.  I hope you finally realized that.  

• Like 8
  • Applause 5
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4

Make up your mind Kody.  Last week’s episode you told Janelle to stop being in the middle between you and the boys. Now you want her to talk to the boys for you( and basically be your enforcer).   And yes, the phone goes both ways.  Being available for them to call isn’t  the same as you calling them,  plus Robyn will Probably  answer your phone and hang up on them. 

So glad to see Janelle standing up for herself.  She deserves to be happy.  I would love for her to meet a monogamous companion that makes her happy and supports her need for independence. 

• Like 12
  • Applause 1
  • Love 4
13 hours ago, General Days said:

ET Online has a different promo for S18E03. In it, Meri tells Kody and Robyn how she feels stuck in the middle (between Kody & Robyn vs. Janelle & Christine, regarding the upcoming holidays.

Meri, honey, go buy your Disneyland tickets now. Neither side wants you there. 

• Like 8
  • LOL 1

Make up your mind Kody.  Last week’s episode you told Janelle to stop being in the middle between you and the boys. Now you want her to talk to the boys for you( and basically be your enforcer).   And yes, the phone goes both ways.  Being available for them to call isn’t  the same as you calling them,  plus Robyn will Probably  answer your phone and hang up on them. 

Kody has found a completely meek and compliant group of people in Robyn and her kids. None of them have an opinion or ever leave the house and move away. The other wives and kids can't compete with that. They will never be able to compete with that, because that is what Kody wants. To be the supreme ruler of the universe and completely in control of ear piercing.

Kody won't call his sons because they are supposed to call him and grovel. Kody should never have to take initiative with his family, because he's just too freakin' special. He said it before, that his relationship with his kids is through their mothers. And Robyn backed him up, I think in this last episode. The problem is that his kids increasingly don't give a shit because its so obvious he is a lazy deadbeat father. He totally expected Janelle to kick out her own kids so he could wander by for 20 minutes once a week to visit.

I hope at some point we get to see Meri lose her temper and give Kody a verbal smackdown. But somehow I doubt it is coming. I think she'll just leave and try to maintain her relationship with Robyn.

• Like 14
  • Sad 3
  • Love 1

I think Meri is emotionally checked out and is there for filming. She needs to leave. She is still a family member and can be a part of things (like weddings and holidays) but she’s not wanted by Robyn or Kody, she should just go to the B&B and live her life. 

• Like 9
  • Love 4
44 minutes ago, Scarlett45 said:

I think Meri is emotionally checked out and is there for filming. She needs to leave. She is still a family member and can be a part of things (like weddings and holidays) but she’s not wanted by Robyn or Kody, she should just go to the B&B and live her life. 

Yes.  It’s amazing that it takes her another year and a half to make that move after these scenes were filmed. She knew the score even though Kody hadn’t made it official. 

• Like 9
12 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

His rage comes from the fact that 75% of his family no longer cares that he's ignoring them.  It's hard to feel superior to everyone if no one is paying you any attention.

The opposite of love isn’t hate, it’s apathy. 

• Like 20
  • Applause 2
22 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

Regarding the indifference Kody's kids have for him - I'm not so sure it's mutual.  I think it eats at what passes for Kody's soul that his kids don't even factor him into their lives anymore and yet, he still sees himself as the patriarch of the entire family.  The fact that his wives are bailing in droves gives him license to treat their kids like crap, but if the kids are no longer willing to let him rule over their lives, then he has no need for their mothers, either.  I think this is why he constantly whines to everyone that Robyn and her spawn all worship fall in line with his rules and regulations, so they get all of his attention.  Those that don't, he ignores.  His rage comes from the fact that 75% of his family no longer cares that he's ignoring them.  It's hard to feel superior to everyone if no one is paying you any attention.

I hope all of this keeps him up at night too.

This but also I hope worrying about his hair keeps him up 

• LOL 20
On 9/1/2023 at 6:05 AM, RazzleberryPie said:

Meri, honey, go buy your Disneyland tickets now. Neither side wants you there. 

Everybody in the world sees that except for Meri.  That dream died and honestly was never really working amid all the dysfunction in that family.

From the very beginning when Meri ruled the roost to Kody moving the family like nomads and then bringing Robyn into the mix and divorcing Meri marrying Robyn and adopting her three.

They should have all pulled out years ago.

Arguing with Kody is useless.  Actions speak louder than words.  Leave him Janelle.  Maybe then you'll find happiness.

• Like 8
  • Love 3

I want meri to snap and yell at Robyn that Robyn doesn’t know what she is talking about.  Meri lives in a polygamist family  they splintered.   Christine.  Same   Robyn didn’t  live polygamy, she lived a second family 

• Like 4
  • Applause 5
  • Love 2

I hate to break it to Lord High Prophet on Earth Kootie but loyalty and respect are earned.  Just because you see yourself as the alpha male doesn't mean anybody should automatically respect you. 

But that's one of the biggest problems with cults.  My rules, my way, my kingdom.  But only if you are a male.

• Like 13
  • Fire 2
  • Applause 5
4 hours ago, Auntie Freeze said:

Breaking that 4th wall all over the place!

That man is out of control. I've long thought the OG3 should leave him. Honestly, and I don't care for Robyn, I think she should leave him, too. He's a broken, bitter, cruel man. (I don't think he's well.)

• Like 13
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 1

So Kodouche using the term gaslight over and over. I bet he came across it, asked Robyn before he went over to Janelle's if he should use it on camera, Robyn said an emphatic "ooooooh, yes!! Do it!" And he was off to the races using it.  Give me a break. He is the king of gaslighting!!

• Like 13
  • Applause 3
  • LOL 2

This family has never been smart about priorities.  Flushing $ down the crapper for outrageous rennals, two-seater cars, expensive luxury goods, raw land with no utilities that they'll never use, endless moving expenses, pricey vacations, etc.  Never mind that they had no medical insurance for decades.  How Janelle (who supposedly was the bookkeeper) stayed sane, I have no idea.

Edited by xwordfanatik
add another extravagance to the list
  • Like 13
  • Love 1

Episode 5 description:

The Browns discuss how things went over Christmas; Janelle confesses to Christine that she doesn't know if her marriage can be fixed; Robyn and Meri try to dissect what went wrong and reveal that Kody was not always equal with his time.

That should be an interesting (and likely maddening) conversation.

I'm looking forward to the ep when Meri tells them she's leaving.  I hope it's sooner than later.

• Like 12

Wow….look at Janelle sitting on the sofa commenting on that video…. What a huge difference! She looks absolutely stunning!! (Actually, no words could do justice to this fantastic transformation.)

Kody’s two most loyal wives, who were willing to give all they had, and did so for decades, all to keep him happy, up to a point where they completely neglected themselves and had little self esteem left. The only thing they wouldn’t do, is sacrificing the bond with the children, or exposing them any longer to his insane demands and cruel treatment. It opened their eyes. They left, became a beautiful and glamorous new version of themselves and built successful careers.

This must be the ultimate revenge….I’m sure Kody’s anger and frustration multiplies every time he sees Janelle or Christine! He knows what he’s lost, of that I am sure. 

• Like 7
  • Applause 12
On 9/4/2023 at 7:08 PM, BnJJ said:

Robyn and Meri try to dissect what went wrong and reveal that Kody was not always equal with his time.

As if we all haven’t known that for some time.  Christine was begging for equal time in Vegas- it’s documented on film.  It’s why she had the wrestling mats in her garage so that the boys would  practice there.  She thought that would aid in getting Kody to come over.  Note: she had one boy old enough to wrestle- Janelle had four and Robyn had 1. Sol not being old  enough.   
Is Kody now going to accuse Meri of gaslighting him?  

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 8
On 9/4/2023 at 8:10 PM, LilyD said:

Wow….look at Janelle sitting on the sofa commenting on that video…. What a huge difference! She looks absolutely stunning!! (Actually, no words could do justice to this fantastic transformation.)

Kody’s two most loyal wives, who were willing to give all they had, and did so for decades, all to keep him happy, up to a point where they completely neglected themselves and had little self esteem left. The only thing they wouldn’t do, is sacrificing the bond with the children, or exposing them any longer to his insane demands and cruel treatment. It opened their eyes. They left, became a beautiful and glamorous new version of themselves and built successful careers.

This must be the ultimate revenge….I’m sure Kody’s anger and frustration multiplies every time he sees Janelle or Christine! He knows what he’s lost, of that I am sure. 

Yes to this post, except I don't think he cares they left, I think he cares they left with "HIS" money!

• Like 3
  • Wink 1
  • LOL 5

Almost as much as losing the money I think he’s really pissed off that they refuse to prop up his ego anymore and laugh at him and won’t go along with the delusion that he is a wonderful husband and father. 

• Like 15
  • LOL 4
14 hours ago, mythoughtis said:

As if we all haven’t known that for some time.  Christine was begging for equal time in Vegas- it’s documented on film.  It’s why she had the wrestling mats in her garage so that the boys would  practice there.  She thought that would aid in getting Kody to come over.  Note: she had one boy old enough to wrestle- Janelle had four and Robyn had 1. Sol not being old  enough.   

He would say she is culpable in gaslighting him 

• LOL 12

No, its okay if Meri leaves because Kody dumped her first and got to show everyone how she begged for his time and how disgusted he was by her. I know Meri can be an ass, but what Kody and Robyn have done to her is emotional abuse in it's worst form. They got off on watching Meri grovel and try to fix things. They held her hostage because of the catfish thing. And even now, she says she still has Robyn's back. It's pitiful. 

Meri even said it in this latest episode. She spends time with Robyn and Kody because no one else invites her. I hope she has made more solid friends in the last two years and has patched things up with Leon. 

• Like 14
  • Love 2
16 hours ago, xwordfanatik said:

I have another thought:  WHY do Meri, Janelle, and Christine all know how to pronounce the word "picture" correctly, while Sobbyn and Kootie pronounce it "pitcher?"  That just grinds my gears, I hate it!

I sometimes wonder if, in Robyn's mind, it is actuallly a pitcher that you pour all your dreams into.

• Like 1
  • Wink 1
  • LOL 10
On 9/6/2023 at 8:56 AM, Kellyee said:

No, its okay if Meri leaves because Kody dumped her first and got to show everyone how she begged for his time and how disgusted he was by her. I know Meri can be an ass, but what Kody and Robyn have done to her is emotional abuse in it's worst form. They got off on watching Meri grovel and try to fix things. They held her hostage because of the catfish thing. And even now, she says she still has Robyn's back. It's pitiful. 

Meri even said it in this latest episode. She spends time with Robyn and Kody because no one else invites her. I hope she has made more solid friends in the last two years and has patched things up with Leon. 

That is really sad.  It has made me feel an enormous amount of empathy for Meri.  I don't LIKE her most of the time but I think it's sad what has happened.  I am sure she didn't see things working out like this when she eyeballed Robyn the 1st time.

• Like 13