Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler, Speculation and Social Media

• Start Topic

32 minutes ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

But the day before that happened (IIRC) Kody was supposed to be watching Truley and Logan came outside to where Kody was burning up some steaks on the grill and said something about Truley not looking well ...?  And Kody's response was "give her some LIV water" (that crap he was trying to promote at one time).  I remember thinking he needed to stop what he was doing and look in on her, but it's been a long time.  

Does anyone recall that?   For some reason Kody sure ended up the asshole in that whole scenario, and my recollection is that he really dropped the ball.

I think Aspyn tried to tell him, and basically got ignored by her dad.

• Sad 7

@tensedabs, thanks for the recap of that particular episode. I stand corrected here. I seem to have remembered and messed up two scenes in my head: The scene were Kody relaxed on the bed with Robyn coming in like you described and @Celia Rubenstein‘s description of Kody grilling cremating steaks and being in no hurry to get to Truely when they told him she wasn’t  good at all!

It’s interesting, yet also a bit scary, to note how your brain plays little tricks like filling in blanks, assumptions and messing with memories “to remember” what happened. 

• Like 8
On 2/10/2023 at 12:16 PM, Tuxcat said:

We need to be careful what we wish for. Mykelti and Tony are lining up to be the next stars of this show. "Sister Wives" is going to revert to what it was before -without the polygamy. Just a lot of sugary sweet "we're so happy" made up story lines mixed with multiple birthing episodes. I already hate it.

I haven't wished for the Tony & Mykelti show!  And if it comes on, I'll change the channel!

• Like 9
  • Applause 3
  • LOL 2
On 2/15/2023 at 2:04 PM, Celia Rubenstein said:

Maybe it was one of the girls ... I kind of love Logan, so I give him credit for everything good on this show lolk

On 2/15/2023 at 2:21 PM, Art Of Noiz said:

I think Aspyn tried to tell him, and basically got ignored by her dad.

It was Aspyn. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3

IMO, it's passed the time for the adult children living with Robyn and Kody to get the same treatment that has been given to the other adult children and have them move out on their own.  Disparate treatment is a family killer.  Then Robyn and Kody can downsize to a reasonable sized house or apartment.  It's too late for Kody to undo all the damage he has caused, but he should and could prevent it from continuing.  

• Like 11
  • Love 4

I‘m not surprised that Gwen said Kody has yelled at her before.  It was obvious that he was comfortable  yelling like that in front of all the wives - and the camera crew seemed to be there.  We got wide group shots.  You don’t do that kind of yelling in front of people unless it’s standard behavior for you. 

The family is definitely imploding.   The saddest thing about most reality shows is when this happens.   That doesn’t mean that Gwen shouldn’t speak her truth.  

Edited by mythoughtis
  • Like 9
  • Applause 1
11 minutes ago, mythoughtis said:

I‘m not surprised that Gwen said Kody has yelled at her before.  It was obvious that he was comfortable  yelling like that on front of all the wives - and the camera crew seemed to be there.  We got wide group shots.  You don’t do that kind of yelling in front of people unless it’s standard behavior for you. 

The family is definitely imploding.   The saddest thing about most reality shows is when this happens.   That doesn’t mean that Gwen shouldn’t speak her truth.  

Gwen said aways back that Kody was nicer on camera. It really tells a lot.

• Like 4
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Sad 4
  • Applause 4

If the recap of Gwen's latest video on reddit is accurate, she said that Kody sometimes bruised her when he hit her. What father would hit his little girl so hard that he bruised her? I think that things in that family were much worse than the audience thought.

We've always known that Kody neglected the OG wives' kids. Now it appears that during the limited time he spent with them, he found time to hit them hard enough to bruise them.

Wow...

Edited by Libby
  • Mind Blown 2
  • Sad 11
8 minutes ago, Libby said:

Gwen said that Kody sometimes bruised her when he hit her. What father would hit his little girl so hard that he bruised her? I think that things in that family were much worse than the audience thought.

We've always known that Kody neglected the OG wives' kids. Now it appears that during the limited time he spent with them, he found time to hit them hard enough to bruise them.

Wow...

She also said along the lines that he would throw her in the air to scare her...as punishment.

I am repeating what someone posted on Reddit about Gwen's newest recap video that hasn't been shortened for youtube yet, in case I got the context wrong. It will be interesting to see the video for myself. But all of these things that have come out lately about Kody and the kids early years, as well as the info that Winn was a SOB (from Kody's nephew on social media) it does make more sense why they really pushed hard with the narrative that Kody is great, Kody is wonderful, Kody is the best.  He knows damn well what a shit he is and its pretty obvious that (to quote the family advise reddit users) Robyn's two littles are Kody's Do-Over-Kids.

When Paedon said that "Robyn coming into the family saved some of us" I think he mixed things up that when cameras came into the house, that is actually what stopped the abuse.

• Like 11
  • Useful 5

52 minutes ago, Libby said:

If the recap of Gwen's latest video on reddit is accurate, she said that Kody sometimes bruised her when he hit her. What father would hit his little girl so hard that he bruised her? I think that things in that family were much worse than the audience thought.

Wow...

I was spanked in childhood and was never once bruised. And while I consider some of the yelling done at me to be emotional abuse, the spankings I received did not feel abusive to me then, and still do not feel that way to me in retrospect.

The parent who spanked me was well controlled; it wasn't an extended exercise; there was no physical damage done to me (not only no bruises, but no welts or red marks); I was only spanked over my clothed bottom.

Still, I chose not to spank my own kids, because there are non-violent ways, which are also more effective at correcting misbehavior.

If you're bruising a kid, you're not just spanking that kid. You are battering that kid. Poor Gwen.

• Like 6
  • Sad 3
  • Applause 7
40 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

How much big truck, little D energy do y'all think will be going on between Kody and David? I mean I know Kody will bring, but will David too?

I think if David is really smart, he will take a page from Christine's book and just let Kootie do his ranting and raving and whatever and just ignore it. Just like Christine did. 

• Like 14
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2
44 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

How much big truck, little D energy do y'all think will be going on between Kody and David? I mean I know Kody will bring, but will David too?

I would love to see Kody pull up in his flashy 2 seater sports car with AuroraBreanna, Dayun, Sol and Ariella following in the family sedan.

David could one up him by rolling up in a 15 passenger Savana, fully equipped with car seats for all ages and stages.

It would sail right over Kody's pea brain but point out the difference in priorities.

• Like 3
  • LOL 9
  • Love 1
16 hours ago, General Days said:

I was spanked in childhood and was never once bruised. And while I consider some of the yelling done at me to be emotional abuse, the spankings I received did not feel abusive to me then, and still do not feel that way to me in retrospect.

The parent who spanked me was well controlled; it wasn't an extended exercise; there was no physical damage done to me (not only no bruises, but no welts or red marks); I was only spanked over my clothed bottom.

Still, I chose not to spank my own kids, because there are non-violent ways, which are also more effective at correcting misbehavior.

If you're bruising a kid, you're not just spanking that kid. You are battering that kid. Poor Gwen.

I was rarely hit, but took it as a challenge. If someone hit me to punish me, I’d take a stick or board and hurt myself worse, to prove a point. It’s just pain and I can take it — I can hurt me worse than you can, so don’t bother. No more hitting after a few of those incidents.

Honestly I’d have preferred someone just communicate openly with me versus use violence against me. Humans suck, even as a child I knew that. 

• Like 1
  • Hugs 12
  • Sad 1

I was spanked as a child, but looking back realize my parents had no skills and a plate full of misery.  Not an excuse but, as we got older it all stopped but they just tried to withhold things as in "for the rest of your life you can't...".  But, being the way they were, they forgot after a day or two.  My brothers and I were all in on keeping quiet.  I started out as an unskilled mother and did spank a few times, but, early on, in my uneducated and uninformed mind, realized I didn't want to do that, so stopped.  Back then there were limited resources and no way for me to find them and get them.  There are other more humane ways of discipline and just being consistent meant I didn't have to much.  My child rearing consisted mainly of "say what you mean and mean what you say" and "don't say no if there is ever a possibility of getting to yes".  I used this with the grands and they were/are just delightful.  

I had the best grandma ever but she was rough with her 4 children, back in the depression.  Turns out they loved her anyway.  

I don't think all humans suck BTW.  Many do, though.  I hope I'm not one of them.

My guess is, back in the way back, spanking was considered a part of child rearing by a great majority.  I'm not talking beatings, just spankings, which of course to a child are usually indistinguishable.  We have come a long way but, still work to be done and of course limited resources.

Wondering the the Brown kids had spankings/beating/ combo/other punishment.  I would think no consistency and different among the "mothers" also depending on mood, access to Kody or lack thereof which made them grumpy.  

• Like 13
  • Applause 1
1 hour ago, lookeyloo said:

I was spanked as a child, but looking back realize my parents had no skills and a plate full of misery.  Not an excuse but, as we got older it all stopped but they just tried to withhold things as in "for the rest of your life you can't...".  But, being the way they were, they forgot after a day or two.  My brothers and I were all in on keeping quiet.  I started out as an unskilled mother and did spank a few times, but, early on, in my uneducated and uninformed mind, realized I didn't want to do that, so stopped.  Back then there were limited resources and no way for me to find them and get them.  There are other more humane ways of discipline and just being consistent meant I didn't have to much.  My child rearing consisted mainly of "say what you mean and mean what you say" and "don't say no if there is ever a possibility of getting to yes".  I used this with the grands and they were/are just delightful.  

I had the best grandma ever but she was rough with her 4 children, back in the depression.  Turns out they loved her anyway.  

I don't think all humans suck BTW.  Many do, though.  I hope I'm not one of them.

My guess is, back in the way back, spanking was considered a part of child rearing by a great majority.  I'm not talking beatings, just spankings, which of course to a child are usually indistinguishable.  We have come a long way but, still work to be done and of course limited resources.

Wondering the the Brown kids had spankings/beating/ combo/other punishment.  I would think no consistency and different among the "mothers" also depending on mood, access to Kody or lack thereof which made them grumpy.  

I shoulda qualified the “humans suck” declaration by clarifying that “some” humans suck. The sucky ones stand out more. 

• Like 8
  • Sad 1
5 hours ago, lookeyloo said:

Kody is the one who bruised them (well, at least he bruised Gwendlyn). I don't think the moms hit them (or hit them much). 

5 hours ago, lookeyloo said:

See, that's what I mean, though. I never felt like I was beaten. I didn't like a spanking (and I don't think I got spanked much past 6 or 7), but it was a few swats over my pants, with an open hand. I was more upset that I had been naughty, than that I got spanked.

Like you, I chose not to spank, but I think a child can distinguish between a tap on the ass and a beating. 

• Like 10

I was born in 1970 and got spanked.  Slapped across the face a few times when I was particularly mean to a parent.  Never hard enough to bruise or really hurt, and it was more the threat of it that was scary. 
Same with all my friends. I think it was just “done” that way in Eastern European American households then. 
Never had kids of my own but I wouldn’t spank or slap. But I would expect respect.  
Kody for sure is one who yells. And I am not surprised he would throw a kid around “to scare them.”  I feel like there’s so much more to this and it’s similar to physical (not sexual) abuse allegations we hear from other FLDS cult survivors. 
Meri grew up in the lifestyle so probably had it happen to her. 
I am hoping this coming season exposes more of Kody ‘s anger and actions.  The gloves need to be off. 

• Like 12

Say what you will about being spanked/slapped (not constant beatings/on-going physical abuse), but most of us turned out okay. Reason being is that we were taught discipline. If we misbehaved, we knew we had to face some sort of consequences.

Unfortunately in today's world, discipline is a thing of the past. Generally speaking, a younger generation does not fear discipline...and has no respect for authority either. 

• Like 9
  • Love 1
10 hours ago, Meowwww said:

I was born in 1970 and got spanked.  Slapped across the face a few times when I was particularly mean to a parent.  Never hard enough to bruise or really hurt, and it was more the threat of it that was scary. 
Same with all my friends. I think it was just “done” that way in Eastern European American households then. 
Never had kids of my own but I wouldn’t spank or slap. But I would expect respect.  
Kody for sure is one who yells. And I am not surprised he would throw a kid around “to scare them.”  I feel like there’s so much more to this and it’s similar to physical (not sexual) abuse allegations we hear from other FLDS cult survivors. 
Meri grew up in the lifestyle so probably had it happen to her. 
I am hoping this coming season exposes more of Kody ‘s anger and actions.  The gloves need to be off. 

See, I think this is terrible. As I mentioned it rarely happened to me but when the threat of it did, I was like “go for it, I can do worse”. The fear inflicted upon me was turned around when they saw I was willing to actually cause damage to myself. I think the kid in me was screaming “please find another way to communicate to me that what I did was wrong”.

It might work on some kids but it made me feel hated — as well as hatred towards — those willing to do the hitting. 

• Like 2
  • Hugs 6

Parenting and punishment have evolved over the years and there's a lot more information available now too. Even still there is not one perfect method that always works. Situations, kids temperaments & ages, and parents are all different.

I obviously don't endorse physical or emotional abuse - at all - but I also wouldn't judge a parent who did a soft pop on the butt.

It seems to me most parents are doing a good job because most kids learn to behave and come out unscathed.

We'll probably never know what happened in the Brown household, but if any of the kids have ongoing issues due to the way they were punished I would advise them to talk with a therapist about it.

• Like 14
8 hours ago, Soapy Goddess said:

Say what you will about being spanked/slapped (not constant beatings/on-going physical abuse), but most of us turned out okay. Reason being is that we were taught discipline. If we misbehaved, we knew we had to face some sort of consequences.

Unfortunately in today's world, discipline is a thing of the past. Generally speaking, a younger generation does not fear discipline...and has no respect for authority either. 

I disagree. That’s a sweeping generalization about literally millions of people. I don’t condone spanking because research shows that it’s not only ineffective, it’s damaging (even though most of us came out fine). Hitting isn’t a logical consequence for misbehavior and it does teach consequences, it teaches fear. Plenty of us parents managed to raise good kids with appropriate respect for authority and a sense of discipline without intentionally causing physical pain intentionally.

• Like 12
  • Fire 1
  • Applause 3
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Does anyone watch other shows on TLC? I’m curious if there have been commercials for the next season. If so, what does the timeframe look like?

I watch Jazz, but typically fast forward through the commercials. However any commercials I have seen are for the 1000lb Sisters and of the eleventy billion variations of 90 Day Fiancé. 

• LOL 3
2 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Does anyone watch other shows on TLC?

Nope, never. And frankly I am not happy with myself for watching the first season of this load of BS.  That pretty much did it for me for anything on TLC.  

• Like 3
  • LOL 1

I watch a few and the commercials are primarily My 600 Pound Life (which is in the middle of a new season); 90-Day Fiancee and all it's stepchildren; Darcey and Stacey (or Plastic Surgery Gone Wrong) and My Name is Jazz. Nothing at all about Sister Wives. 

• Like 3
22 hours ago, oliviabenson said:

I do not 100% agree with Gwen’s claim here. I’m sure Leon feels more safe without this toxic family, but Leon has always undeniably been the odd one out. It was painfully obvious in all seasons. And being an only child certainly didn’t help, but the biggest problem was Leon’s own, rather unpleasant behaviour. The other kids knew, tolerated and sort of accepted Leon, but that was it. So, in my humble opinion, it’s a combination of not feeling safe, needing space to truly find oneself  and being the odd one out due to certain character traits.

Edited by LilyD
New=knew
  • Like 15
  • Love 2

I don't expect Sister Wives (or whatever they might call it now - Sister Wives Moving On?) to be on until the fall, as per usual the past few years. The last time I remember new episodes airing in spring was in 2020. I could be remembering wrong though.

• Like 4
  • Useful 1
On 2/20/2023 at 11:54 AM, Liddy52 said:

OK, I realize Gwen is doing this for both attention and money, but that still was very sad to read. 

I watched Gwen’s latest reaction video on YouTube, and even though she must have cut out the part about bruising and throwing her in the air, it was still sad.

Her somewhat sad and wistful face when she watched the part where Robyn’s kids come home from school and Kody acts exited and wants to know how their day went broke my heart. Gwen did have the grace to say that she was happy for Sol and Ari to get that from their father, but she just wished she’d had it, too.

When Gwen got to the “knife in the kidneys” rant by Kody, she said it wasn’t unusual for him to yell like that. Gwen said Kody had yelled at her like that and even Bea (fiancé) said that she didn’t like how Kody speaks to Gwen sometimes.

• Like 5
  • Sad 10

Poor Gwen. I highly doubt Kody greets the little ones every day after school. That was their first day and the cameras were rolling. I'm sure Kody conveniently gets busy with "work" and skedaddles every afternoon before they come home.

• Like 13
  • LOL 1
6 hours ago, Adiba said:

I watched Gwen’s latest reaction video on YouTube, and even though she must have cut out the part about bruising and throwing her in the air, it was still sad.

Her somewhat sad and wistful face when she watched the part where Robyn’s kids come home from school and Kody acts exited and wants to know how their day went broke my heart. Gwen did have the grace to say that she was happy for Sol and Ari to get that from their father, but she just wished she’d had it, too.

When Gwen got to the “knife in the kidneys” rant by Kody, she said it wasn’t unusual for him to yell like that. Gwen said Kody had yelled at her like that and even Bea (fiancé) said that she didn’t like how Kody speaks to Gwen sometimes.

Oof that's rough for her. I appreciate her gladness for her little siblings, but feel sad for her seeing his blatant favoritism when she wouldn't have been privy to specifics without the show.

My dad was very strict with us growing up and would holler and get kinda mean over homework (especially math! I joke that I'm missing the math part of my brain). I would get so nervous when I needed help because I knew it would be a whole thing.

Fast fwd many years, until I was around Gwen's age, and for a 2nd career he went into teaching at community college. His students raved about him and how patient and helpful he was. It pissed me off and hurt my feelings at first, because why couldn't he do that for his own kid? I finally made peace with it and realized ppl can grow and evolve and I was happy that his students had an attentive and brilliant teacher to help them be successful. 

All those kids have been through a lot and I hope they have or find healthy ways to deal and make peace with things. I'm not sure putting family secrets on sm is the best way to do it, but I sort of can't fault some for trying to cash in on the family "fame" since I'm sure they didn't receive much for having their lives (and embarrassing or hurtful parts of childhood) outed on the show. 

BTW: Going back to an earlier convo (sry, just now catching up) I recently stumbled across JO still pretending to be Sam on Twitter! Wtf? That person is seriously creepy and it feels unhinged that they're keeping up the farce for this long. Makes me wonder if they're continually trolling for new marks.

• Like 10
  • Love 1
7 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Poor Gwen. I highly doubt Kody greets the little ones every day after school. That was their first day and the cameras were rolling. I'm sure Kody conveniently gets busy with "work" and skedaddles every afternoon before they come home.

And even if he is, it's because the situation is totally different now. He's in one house with only 2 kids at school and doesn't work or works less. 

When Gwen was Aris age they were all living together and he had 3 wives and a dozen kids all living together that needed attention and money. Plus he worked full time and often was on the road working.

I feel sad for Gwen but the situations and lifestyles are incomparable. It reminds me of all the people who say their parents are better Grandparents to their kids then they were parents to them. Because the Grandparents are less stressed, have fewer responsibilities, are more mature, have more time, and learned from the mistakes they made as parents.

It's why Janelle, Christine and Meri and the older kids talk about how wonderful it was in the early years (SW relationships aside) and what an amazing Dad Kody was. There were 4 adults managing several kids. It was hard financially and in terms of diaper changes and toddler antics but so long as everyone was fed, warm and loved, it was hard work but relatively uncomplicated.

It's when being fed, warm and loved is not enough because needs are greater, that it gets tricky.

• Like 17

Absolutely true. You can’t compare the incredibly hectic and huge family situation Gwen grew up in, to the one Ari and Sol are in now.. But I do think her feelings and recollections are very real. No doubt, she got little attention from her dad, which is very sad, and she now sees what she missed out on.

As for Kody yelling a lot, that must be the real Kody. He always was pretty hot tempered, though it seems to me that, in the past, he was more careful to keep that bit of his personality in check when the cameras were rolling. He no longer cares and I suspect that part of his aggressive shouting is also related to an increasingly desperate and angry feeling of losing control and frustration.

• Like 18
  • Applause 1
On 2/28/2023 at 3:30 AM, BoogieWonderland said:

And even if he is, it's because the situation is totally different now. He's in one house with only 2 kids at school and doesn't work or works less.

I have a feeling that Kody isn't all that engaged with his littles, even though he is now monogamous with Robyn. Gwen mentioned that he runs "several businesses" and we know from social media that one is the firearm/accessory company he has with his friends (Meri's BIL and the guy he officiated the wedding for). He talks about investing a lot, and I don't think its too far of a stretch to think he may be into crypto shares. He really seems like the type to love the whole "money for nothing" that the crypto world is. Janelle also mentioned that Kody drives around a lot and uses his car for "work", so whatever he is doing is mostly going to be on his phone/internet etc.

• Like 10
  • LOL 2
33 minutes ago, Roslyn said:

I have a feeling that Kody isn't all that engaged with his littles, even though he is now monogamous with Robyn. Gwen mentioned that he runs "several businesses" and we know from social media that one is the firearm/accessory company he has with his friends (Meri's BIL and the guy he officiated the wedding for). He talks about investing a lot, and I don't think its too far of a stretch to think he may be into crypto shares. He really seems like the type to love the whole "money for nothing" that the crypto world is. Janelle also mentioned that Kody drives around a lot and uses his car for "work", so whatever he is doing is mostly going to be on his phone/internet etc.

Wow. Dire Straits lyrics ran through my head when I read your post!

"Money for nothin and your chicks for free"

Even the name of the band is prophetic.

• Like 1
  • LOL 19
  • Love 1

Interesting that Gwen says that Kody carries on like that a lot.  I'm sorry, but if he was screaming like that at my fiancee, we would be done.  I feel very strongly about not allowing family to mistreat your spouse.  My parents struggled with that because it came from both sides of the family who opposed their marriage. 

I would not be surprised if Kody's outbursts have become more frequent in recent years because as others have said, he isn't the patriarch anymore.  Most of his kids are grown and while they may still have him in their lives, they aren't obeying his orders to the letter.  That doesn't excuse his behavior, but it does explain it.  

• Like 15

During the Tell Nothing Kody said the only thing he fears is poverty or being poor (something like that) and he’s been doing a lot of screaming lately…

I wonder if retirement is closing in and he doesn’t have nearly enough savings to support the lifestyle they’ve gotten used to.

Theres no way Robyn will downsize into a trailer or small apartment…. Maybe Kody can talk TLC into a new show “Little Shack on the Prairie”

DF0AD3CD-01EC-4AF0-B0B3-30187511BFA2.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 18
On 3/1/2023 at 3:33 PM, Roslyn said:

He talks about investing a lot, and I don't think its too far of a stretch to think he may be into crypto shares. He really seems like the type to love the whole "money for nothing" that the crypto world is. Janelle also mentioned that Kody drives around a lot and uses his car for "work", so whatever he is doing is mostly going to be on his phone/internet etc.

Hmm…why is he constantly driving around? Are Robyn and Ari so getting on his nerves? He no longer has Janelle to go to of course.

The money for nothing-phrase made me chuckle and It has left me wondering how seriously we could take this. He is notorious for all his loans,  bad investments and financial mess, so it wouldn’t surprise me if he uses the very dangerous tactic of using loans to invest…..We have speculated enough about how much money they really have)  I was always told to only “play with money you really had and could afford to miss/lose” So, definitely not loans! 
Not saying he does, but it wouldn’t surprise me.

• Like 6
  • Applause 2
  • Useful 1