Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler, Speculation and Social Media

• Start Topic

11 hours ago, RazzleberryPie said:

I would not trust Meri to be fair based upon how she demanded the same food and housing budget for 1 child as the families with 6 each. Or how she needed bigger better everything with the Vegas houses. 

That is true.  I just think she would want to be fair with the kids she helped raise.  Meri was selfish to take as much as Janelle and Christine got, for sure.

• Like 3
1 hour ago, xwordfanatik said:

I would not trust Meri to be fair based upon how she demanded the same food and housing budget for 1 child as the families with 6 each. Or how she needed bigger better everything with the Vegas houses. 

The distribution was based on household, not on how many people are in each household--or should Meri have been punished for only being able to have one child? What if she had been childless--would that mean she'd get nothing?

As for the Vegas houses--it was stated repeatedly that the builder of that cul de sac did not provide any smaller sized houses--they were all generally comparable in size. The wet bar was for use for Kody's LIV water MLM business, AND those extra changes were paid for out of Meri's pocket--NOT out of "fambly funds" as discussed on the show (yet never stated on the show that Meri paid for the changes out of her money). However, all that was used by TLC to create drama on the show -- obviously succeeded since people are STILL hating on Meri for that despite the truth being written about in various forums elsewhere.

• Like 12
  • Applause 5
20 minutes ago, kimaken said:

The distribution was based on household, not on how many people are in each household--or should Meri have been punished for only being able to have one child?

It shouldn't be viewed as a "punishment". 

Since they were supposed to be one family, everything should have been shared equally.  Christine and Janelle were popping out kids on a regular basis to keep Kootie happy and populate the planet. Should their kids (who had no say in this) have been punished because there were more of them due to the fact that their mothers were "doing their duty"?

If there was $300 to split, why should Meri get $100 to feed Leon while each of the other kids got $16 apiece?  It's ridiculous and callous.

• Like 16
  • Fire 1
  • Applause 5
  • Love 2
18 hours ago, Adiba said:

I know it would never happen but I think the property should be split differently, with Meri and Janelle each getting 4 acres(shares) and Kody and Robyn getting 6 (as a unit).

They are the ones legally married and only need one home/household between them. Arizona is a community property state so Robyn and Kody are entitled to a portion of each other's assets should they split up (unlikely, imo) or one of them dies. Family money was used for part of the McMansion, which currently only belongs to K&R--and unless they are going to pay Meri and Janelle back, K&R should get less of the CP property.

Robyn has said that her assets will go to her kids only, and if Kody dies before her (which is statistically likely), all  of Kody's assets will go to her unless he states otherwise specifically in a will. 

I have said it before and I will say it again.  Meri and Janelle need to put a lien on the McMansion and any Coyote Pass property that doesn't have their name on it.  The property in total, Coyote Pass and the McMansion, need to be appraised, sold, and split 3 ways.  

• Like 13
33 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

Perhaps some haven’t had lunch yet. I present to you, word salad.

https://people.com/sister-wives-robyn-brown-traces-plural-divorce-to-las-vegas-move-exclusive-8407736

Robyn’s explanation as to why this is NOT her fault.    The move to Vegas was shortly after she married Kody… and she wanted to move.  The move to Flagstaff was because …she wanted to move. 
In addition, she forgets that she is now a similar age to the ages of the OG wives when they moved to Vegas, and is entering the phase of her marriage where HER older kids are now of age to leave the house and HER interests will turn to something other than her husband.  Is marriage becoming difficult for her? Her THs make  it seem so. Notice - not one word about Kody’s  interests having shifted completely away from 3 wives and 13 offspring.  Guess that’s not supposed to matter. 

Edited by mythoughtis
  • Like 18
  • Applause 3
  • Love 2
43 minutes ago, Madding crowd said:

In terms of food, the Browns kept huge food pantries that they all used to feed the kids.

True but Meri served salmon and fresh veggies, Christine went with tater tot casseroles and mock tapioca pudding.  You eat what you can afford.

Edited by Orcinus orca
  • Like 13
  • Applause 1
51 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

https://people.com/sister-wives-robyn-brown-traces-plural-divorce-to-las-vegas-move-exclusive-8407736

That's the most disjointed fridge clean word salad I think I have ever read. I had to read it over and over to make any sense of it.

SNOW!!? Snow is the reason that they couldn't hang out.  Oh my...I might not be able to drive home through the snow!! I have a deep feeling that Robyn used snow as the excuse....not the others.

19 hours ago, Adiba said:

I know it would never happen but I think the property should be split differently, with Meri and Janelle each getting 4 acres(shares) and Kody and Robyn getting 6 (as a unit).

I suspect that meeting way back when that Kody had with a lawyer fired him up that he only wants to put rentals on the CP lots. He is happy in his house on the hill. He wants a giant storage warehouse and passive rental income.

• Like 9
  • Love 3
1 minute ago, Orcinus orca said:

True but Meri served salmon and fresh veggies, Christine went with tater tot casseroles and mock tapioca pudding.  You get what you can afford.

Plus I didn’t get the impression that the food pantry was what they used daily; I thought it was more doomsday preparation, like giant sacks of flour and rice. I know the family bought an entire cow from Kody’s relatives and froze all that meat, which I think was shared, but my understanding is that each wife had a grocery budget and they all shopped at regular stores based on that budget. I don’t think Meri’s two person household should have had the same grocery budget as Janelle’s six-person household. Especially when the sister wives were expected to “save from the grocery budget” to pay for things like vacations with Kody…

• Like 11
1 minute ago, Madding crowd said:

We don’t know that Christine couldn’t afford or even wanted to serve Salmon. She could afford to cook better now and still makes casseroles. None of the Brown kids said they didn’t have enough food.

But they have said that. Mykelti said when they were younger they were dirt poor. They ate the bakery discards from the Wyoming bakery. They ate the MREs. She said they were lucky to get hot dogs, which I would classify as a relatively cheap food. Things changed once the TLC money started coming in but for a long time, they struggled to have enough food.

There was another point where Janelle or Christine mentioned having to save up to buy the kids new shoes in a rotation because there was never enough money to get more than one kid new shoes. Janelle also called the family poor when they made the move to Vegas. 

It just would have made more sense to do assets by wife, expenses by person.

• Like 9
  • Applause 2
  • Love 6

I don’t remember hearing that but if that’s the truth it was still the responsibility of Kody and Christine to feed their children. Kody could have worked a real job instead of an MLM, they could have limited how many kids they had, they could have used the enormous food pantry rather than saving it. Meri is not responsible for Christine having kids she can’t feed properly. Should Meri have given her one child tater tot casseroles to prove a point? I’m sure that feeding one child was less expensive than feeding six but all of that is on Kody and Christine in my opinion.

15 minutes ago, vibeology said:

But they have said that. Mykelti said when they were younger they were dirt poor. They ate the bakery discards from the Wyoming bakery. They ate the MREs. She said they were lucky to get hot dogs, which I would classify as a relatively cheap food. Things changed once the TLC money started coming in but for a long time, they struggled to have enough food.

There was another point where Janelle or Christine mentioned having to save up to buy the kids new shoes in a rotation because there was never enough money to get more than one kid new shoes. Janelle also called the family poor when they made the move to Vegas. 

It just would have made more sense to do assets by wife, expenses by person.

• Like 7
  • Sad 2
  • Love 1
21 minutes ago, Madding crowd said:

Meri is not responsible for Christine having kids she can’t feed properly. Should Meri have given her one child tater tot casseroles to prove a point? I’m sure that feeding one child was less expensive than feeding six but all of that is on Kody and Christine in my opinion.

Feeding one child is only less expensive if everyone is being served the same foods. If the one child gets more expensive foods like salmon and fresh veggies, it was affordable because it was one child, not six eating the same things.

Meri wasn't responsible for Christine having kids she can't feed properly - but she wanted to have more kids anyway and didn't want to be made less of because she only had one child. Kody is the one responsible for the kids. Most LDS  families I know have large families, just with one wife. Kody had those large families with Christine and Janelle and wanted Meri to have more, too, if she could have.

• Like 6
2 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Because it can't be said enough...shut up, Robyn.

She and Kody both love a good word salad because at this point, neither one of them can remember what's real and what they've made up in revisionist history.  Better to just confuse whoever is asking the questions until they go away, shaking their heads in complete befuddlement.

• Like 11
  • Fire 1
  • Applause 5
  • LOL 1
4 hours ago, kimaken said:

The distribution was based on household, not on how many people are in each household--or should Meri have been punished for only being able to have one child? What if she had been childless--would that mean she'd get nothing?

As for the Vegas houses--it was stated repeatedly that the builder of that cul de sac did not provide any smaller sized houses--they were all generally comparable in size. The wet bar was for use for Kody's LIV water MLM business, AND those extra changes were paid for out of Meri's pocket--NOT out of "fambly funds" as discussed on the show (yet never stated on the show that Meri paid for the changes out of her money). However, all that was used by TLC to create drama on the show -- obviously succeeded since people are STILL hating on Meri for that despite the truth being written about in various forums elsewhere.

You quoted me, and that was another poster disagreeing with me.  🙂

• Like 1

Meri was not being made less by theoretically having the same food budget. She was not being punished for not being able to have more kids.
I am sorry she could not have more and wish she had been able to have a bigger family that she desired. I also think she was selfish and mean to the other kids who actually existed and did not have adequate food at times when meri could’ve distributed resources more equally. 
I also have always thought in the early episodes that she was harsher on some of the kids who were the same age as Leon because she saw the other kids as competition for attention, resources, and quite honestly, always thought whatever belonged to her had to be better than anyone else. She equated expensive with superior. I think she was harsher to Maddie and Mykelti especially because she saw them as Leon’s competitors. 

• Like 12
  • Applause 2
  • Useful 2
4 hours ago, ginger90 said:

I don't think I notice this before, but maybe a foreshadowing of what was on her mind. Look at the first group "pitcher" of the family. Look who has positioned herself head and shoulders above everyone else in a bright yellow t-shirt to be sure she stood out!!  Crybrows the HBIC over all!!!

Edited by Gramto6
  • Like 3
  • LOL 6
24 minutes ago, politichick said:

I've only watched this show very casually. What I want to know is why didn't Meri use some of that budget to get a decent haircut. Each time I look at her head, I'm, like, who the fuck did that to you?

To quote a line from one of my favorite 80's-90's sitcoms (Roseanne.)

"Who gets drunk and cuts this family's hair?"  😜

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 17
15 hours ago, RazzleberryPie said:

She equated expensive with superior. I think she was harsher to Maddie and Mykelti especially because she saw them as Leon’s competitors. 

It's bad enough in polygamy to know that if you get in an argument with your husband, he can simply exit stage left and climb into bed with another woman while you sit alone with no one to turn to.  What's worse is that your husband - KODY - can take out his anger on the kids you have together.  I cannot imagine a life where every single day you have to fight not only for yourself, but to make sure your kids aren't being neglected or made to feel less than because Daddy is mad at Mommy.

I don't love that Meri was harsher to the kids closest in age to Leon - those who she probably thought were Leon's competition for Kody's attention - but I can sadly understand it, especially when it is happening right across the cul-de-sac from your front door and you can't help but see it every single day.

14 hours ago, politichick said:

I've only watched this show very casually. What I want to know is why didn't Meri use some of that budget to get a decent haircut. Each time I look at her head, I'm, like, who the fuck did that to you?

Meri self-describes as "edgy."  Hence, the hedge-clipper haircuts.

I kind of get what she's going for, but she misses the mark a lot.

Listen to me, siding with Meri.  I don't even know who I am anymore!

• Like 1
  • LOL 21
4 hours ago, laurakaye said:

if you get in an argument with your husband, he can simply exit stage left and climb into bed with another woman while you sit alone with no one to turn to

Or you could turn to your sister wife, in which case your husband gets enraged because his wives are ganging up on him and trash talking him behind his back.

Or maybe that's just Kody.

• Like 8
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 5
On 11/29/2023 at 10:49 AM, ginger90 said:

Everything Sobbyn said in this article is ridiculous. She's trying to take the blame off of herself because she knows she's the cause of the family breaking up due to her hogging all of Kody's time and attention. And she's throwing shade at the other wives ages saying "when women get to a certain age" blah blah blah. She also blamed them on last season's tell nothing show by saying the other wives threw Kody at her and didn't want to have sex anymore because of their weight gain and stretch marks. Sobbyn seriously needs to look in the mirror because she is describing herself. 

• Like 6
  • Applause 4
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, ladyscorpio said:

Everything Sobbyn said in this article is ridiculous. She's trying to take the blame off of herself because she knows she's the cause of the family breaking up due to her hogging all of Kody's time and attention. And she's throwing shade at the other wives ages saying "when women get to a certain age" blah blah blah. She also blamed them on last season's tell nothing show by saying the other wives threw Kody at her and didn't want to have sex anymore because of their weight gain and stretch marks. Sobbyn seriously needs to look in the mirror because she is describing herself. 

This statement - about the older kids - "So their focuses started to shift to kids that have left home to go live their life, instead of focusing on their relationship with Kody."

Duh - that is what older kids are supposed to do! That is the natural order of life. And if your relationship is strong it continues to grow even as they leave home and start their new lives. 

And her blaming Vegas - she was only in the family a year at that point, so how does she know that it was all Vegas?

Then she blames Flagstaff - she engineered that move to be close to Dayton when he went to college. The family had a great set up in the cul de sac, she somehow convinced Kody the homes were going to depreciate and they had to move to a MORE Expensive area. (and would have made more money if they stayed)

She uprooted the kids, moved the family away from the older kids in Vegas, and in Flagstaff they were totally separate. 

Does she believe she is going to convince viewers of the show of her reality?

• Like 12
  • Applause 3
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
On 11/29/2023 at 12:42 PM, Orcinus orca said:

If there was $300 to split, why should Meri get $100 to feed Leon while each of the other kids got $16 apiece?  It

Sometimes I have to stop myself from making jokes that I can’t make here. This….this is one of those times. 

• LOL 5

Kody is such a hypocrite it makes me sick!

Let me get this straight, So when Ysabel needed surgery her dad couldn’t go with her because it would mean being away from his tenders for a week and that’s impossible, yet when he married Crybrows he happily packed his bags and went on a 10 day honeymoon.. I guess NEWBORN Truely wasn’t tender enough!  🙄

• Like 7
  • Sad 2
  • Applause 4
  • Useful 1
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, Joan of Argh said:

Kody is such a hypocrite it makes me sick!

Let me get this straight, So when Ysabel needed surgery her dad couldn’t go with her because it would mean being away from his tenders for a week and that’s impossible, yet when he married Crybrows he happily packed his bags and went on a 10 day honeymoon.. I guess NEWBORN Truely wasn’t tender enough!  🙄

Well, I guess a child of the "horrible/terrible" Christine couldn't possibly be a "tender".  Really??? Really???

What a jack-wagon!!

• Like 7
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, Joan of Argh said:

I guess NEWBORN Truely wasn’t tender enough!  

Kody knew newborn Truely wouldn’t have any idea  of whether or not he was gone. Plus Robyn influenced him then just as now.  According  to Kody the two kids would miss him too much and couldn’t go two days without seeing him.   Those two kids wouldn’t have cared as long as Robyn didn’t make a big deal about it.   

Christine, Janelle and Meri accepted single parenthood - right up until  they saw their grandchildren being raised by their dad.   Robyn didn’t accept it - that’s the difference ( regardless of her contention that she wanted a Plural marriage ) 

Edited by mythoughtis
  • Like 7
  • Applause 2
  • Love 2
On 11/28/2023 at 7:32 AM, Absolom said:

The best part of TLC airing the wedding as a special is that it's possible the only people getting paid for it are the Brown's shown in it.  

Not only that, you know DouchSob are going to be irate that not only is Christine getting paid for her own special and they can't touch a dime of it, but that David is STEALING Kotex's money! I'm here for anything TLC airs that has only the OG wives making money!

Edited by surfgirl
  • Like 8
  • Applause 5
  • LOL 8

Good points @mythoughtis! True that Truely wouldn't remember that Kootie wasn't around, but  I would think any caring man (oops my mistake) would be there to support his wife after just giving birth. Didn't she also have a difficult birth with Truely? Another reason for Kootie to stick around...but no...

You are spot on about Crybrows not accepting being a single parent. She should have seen how he acted before she had King Sol just looking at the other wives' situations.  Even so she expected Kootie to be there every second she felt she needed him and everyone else be darned! 

• Like 9
  • Love 2
On 11/27/2023 at 7:02 PM, mbaywife123 said:

Kody et al. should have had an official lot line survey, check for land division restrictions, checked for easement and mineral rights, ability to lot grading, had the seller do a percolation test, drilled at least 1 well and test water quality, and drop down utilities to said well on the predominate lot.

The man is an idiot!

Sometimes look at the pretty land doesn’t equal buy the pretty land.

And allegedly Kody is in real estate. Huh.

• Like 1
  • Mind Blown 2
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 2
3 hours ago, Gramto6 said:

Good points @mythoughtis! True that Truely wouldn't remember that Kootie wasn't around, but  I would think any caring man (oops my mistake) would be there to support his wife after just giving birth. Didn't she also have a difficult birth with Truely? Another reason for Kootie to stick around...but no...

And help with the other bajillion kids…

• Like 3
  • Love 1

https://toofab.com/2023/12/01/sister-wives-christine-kody-frustrated-secret/

According to this preview, Christine reveals that Kody MELTED HIS WEDDING RING FROM MERI after their official divorce (but kept the diamonds).  Kody is a disgusting POS, but I’m going to skip over that point for now to get to Meri’s reaction.  Apparently she’s pissed at Christine for revealing something she claims is “her” business to tell, and when to tell it.  (Meri dropped hints that she’s writing a book, so I’m convinced this is the real reason she’s mad - she wanted this juicy tidbit for her book).  This is quintessential Meri - always hemming and hawing, always playing coy, hiding secrets, and writing cryptic posts.  Thankfully, Christine (and Janelle?) aren’t playing anymore, and feel free to talk.  Sorry Meri, you snooze, you lose.  

• Like 19
  • Applause 2
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1

I agree with Meri.  This had never been discussed on the show and it wasn’t Christine’s story to tell.   That was the ring Meri gave Kody before  they even became polygamists.  

I’ve never been a big fan of Meri’s, but I don’t believe she’s ever revealed anything about another wife that wasn’t her story to tell. 

• Like 15
  • Applause 2
18 minutes ago, mythoughtis said:

I agree with Meri.  This had never been discussed on the show and it wasn’t Christine’s story to tell.   That was the ring Meri gave Kody before  they even became polygamists.  

I’ve never been a big fan of Meri’s, but I don’t believe she’s ever revealed anything about another wife that wasn’t her story to tell. 

I’m going to posit a different POV: the wives all freely joined/participated in a polygamous family, where they agreed to share a husband, a family, a life, and even an afterlife!  Then they all agreed to film a reality show to showcase (and benefit from revealing) said polygamous life, including the tale of their Claddagh “wedding” rings.  In that respect, I don’t think a detail like this is exclusively Meri’s to tell.  Yes, Meri’s perspective is particularly significant because it was her ring, but if it was up to Meri, we’d be waiting forever to hear it.  Or we’d have to wait until she was ready to benefit from it financially (meaning, her book).  Or we’d never hear it, because Meri hides things and lies.  (See: catfishing).

Do the wives deserve some level of privacy?  Or the right to disclose private or personal things that were just between them and Kody on their terms?  Of course.  I just don’t think this tidbit about the ring qualifies.  

• Like 10
  • Applause 4

It's not just the wedding special. I read here that TLC is airing more episodes:

https://www.monstersandcritics.com/tv/reality-tv/sister-wives-isnt-over-yet-tlc-announces-three-more-specials-in-addition-to-the-season-18-tell-all/?

Two clip shows: Dec 24 will be Sister Wives Look Back (How it Started); Dec. 31 SWLB (How It's Going). 10 pm ET for both.

Sister Wives: Talk Back will also be a two-part special, with Part 1 debuting on Friday, December 22 at 9/8c and Part 2 airing on Friday, December 29 at 9/8c. Supposedly they will answer fan questions.

Part 2 will see Kody, Robyn, Meri, Janelle, and Christine react to the Season 18 finale in which Kody and Meri finally break off their marriage (!)

Guess the ratings must be good!

Edited by Teafortwo
  • Like 2
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Useful 9
  • LOL 1

Sorry but someone would have a pretty pathetic life if they chose to spend Christmas Eve watching this shitshow.

20 minutes ago, LotusFlower said:

I’m going to posit a different POV: the wives all freely joined/participated in a polygamous family, where they agreed to share a husband, a family, a life, and even an afterlife!

I have to agree.  If you decide to open your doors to the public, there are no boundries.  When you sell your soul to the devil there are no backsies.

• Like 12

Sorry but someone would have a pretty pathetic life if they chose to spend Christmas Eve watching this shitshow.

I could! We have Christmas Eve dinner early and then I usually hole up somewhere to finish last minute wrapping. That sounds like perfect mindless background noise!

• Like 15
  • LOL 6
1 hour ago, Orcinus orca said:

That’s what the DVR is for. Not that I’m interested in the look back episodes at all. Repeats of repeats of repeats. 

• Like 9

So Kody melted the ring that Meri gave to him on their wedding day. Christine says on the Tell All that it was because he didn't want her to have control or power over him. This was in the early years - when Robyn was just entering the family (well before Meri's legal divorce).

Janelle says WE did it for the girls implying they used the ring metal to give trinkets to the girls. Robyn's girls?

So everyone knew (and were likely happy) to melt down Meri's ring - without telling her. And now Janelle is the one really protecting Kody here - almost implying that Meri is selfish for being upset because "it was for the girls."

This family is not done playing the polygamy games are they?

I think Christine brought it up to intentionally hurt. She keeps doing that schtick "I shouldn't say that...but oh well I am." I think Janelle is playing deflection as she usually does. I think Meri is correctly upset - but one can see why she's not well emotionally regulated at all. And Kody just sits back and laughs for being an a** - the last 30 years in a nutshell

• Like 11
  • Love 3

For me, Christine should've kept quiet.  I don't really care for Meri, but I feel so bad for her at the moment, and it also may further help explain the whole catfish situation.  

Kootie, you're a 💩 from the word "GO"!  Just when I think I can't despise you anymore, you manage to sink down to yet another odious, despicable level. Ugh.

• Like 11
  • Applause 3
  • Love 2