Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler, Speculation and Social Media

• Start Topic

Kootie accusing janelle of robbing him of his family.   You did that butthead   You didn’t take care of them like you were supposed to.  You didn’t visit  the relationships with your children were your responsibility. He is jealous of gabe and garrison and I feel so bad for Savannah and Truly ( scrumptious). 

• Like 12
  • Applause 1
  • Love 2
On 8/11/2023 at 1:27 PM, Natalie68 said:

At this point, let's just have a Season 19 be a cage match between Kody and anyone that wants to kick him in the nuts.

Does that include viewers?  Asking for a friend.

• Like 1
  • LOL 23

Sobbyn deserves to have to listen to Kootie's rants, all by herself.

I know I am mostly on my own in this, but I don't blame Robyn for this mess. It was on Kody to make sure all 4 wives got equal attention. And I don't believe for a minute that life was all great in the Brown house before Robyn came along. Janelle and Christine never got along with Meri. Christine has stated she had resentments before about how much time Kody spent with her. 

Then add on the food stamps, bankruptcies, the other time Janelle left for several years. Robyn didn't help the situation, but it was bad before she got there. I mostly blame Robyn for not protecting her own kids from the dysfunction. She should never have exposed her kids to a situation where it was clear pretty early on they weren't going to be welcomed by the other families. 

• Like 9
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 5
  • LOL 1
12 minutes ago, Kellyee said:

And I don't believe for a minute that life was all great in the Brown house before Robyn came along.

This is how I feel also. Once the show started, with Robyn in the picture, none of them would ever receive an award for their acting, that’s for sure.

• Like 4
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1
On 8/16/2023 at 8:44 PM, kassa said:

I think I actually did understand it when she said it. I think she was saying that divorce is messy enough for monogamous people, and they process the upheaval and hostility as a newly single person. But people in plural marriage who split are STILL in marriages with other people, and those other people suffer the fallout as well.  In other words, SHE was dealing with the fallout. 

Did Robyn speak her quote about "no one should be married while going through a divorce" while crying her patented Dry Tears?™  Of course, to us stupid monogamists, this makes no sense - one cannot go through a divorce without being married.  For Robyn - as stated above - this "divorce" is probably highly inconveniencing HER.  If Kody is stomping around the house, kicking his Legos all over the place because Christine left, Janelle followed and he himself pushed Meri out the door, then he knows his teevee show is at its ending.  I'm guessing Kody's not so keen to let Robyn sleep in and do her bidding when his livelihood is unraveling by his own machinations.

We all know this season is going to be about how hard this all is on Robyn, intercut with scenes of Christine and Janelle toasting each other over margaritas, with an unrecognizable Meri occasionally popping in to shrug her shoulders and be all, "I don't know what's going on with Kody.  I don't know what's going on with anyone.  I don't know anything.  But I'm not leaving the fahm'ly!"

Note to self: stock up on popcorn, extra butter, and cheap merlot.  IT'S ALMOST TIME.

Edited by laurakaye
  • Like 3
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 14
  • Love 2
3 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

Did Robyn speak her quote about "no one should be married while going through a divorce" while crying her patented Dry Tears?™  Of course, to us stupid monogamists, this makes no sense - one cannot go through a divorce without being married.  For Robyn - as stated above - this "divorce" is probably highly inconveniencing HER.  If Kody is stomping around the house, kicking his Legos all over the place because Christine left, Janelle followed and he himself pushed Meri out the door, then he knows his teevee show is at its ending.  I'm guessing Kody's not so keen to let Robyn sleep in and do her bidding when his livelihood is unraveling by his own machinations.

We all know this season is going to be about how hard this all is on Robyn, intercut with scenes of Christine and Janelle toasting each other over margaritas, with an unrecognizable Meri occasionally popping in to shrug her shoulders and be all, "I don't know what's going on with Kody.  I don't know what's going on with anyone.  I don't know anything.  But I'm not leaving the fahm'ly!"

Note to self: stock up on popcorn, extra butter, and cheap merlot.  IT'S ALMOST TIME.

🤞 Step on some please

• Like 4
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 7
39 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

NACHO PARTY 

• Like 2
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 6

As far as it goes, considering she's polygamous Robyn's comment makes sense to me, but I wouldn't want to be in a relationship where I would have to make such a comment in the first place.  

Edited by Rabbit Hutch
  • Like 10
On 8/16/2023 at 2:45 PM, Joan of Argh said:

Well, this at least clears up the timing of Christine's relationship. She announced she was starting to online date at the end of January, then a week or so later she was head over heels in love with David. But she says here that they started talking in October. She doesn't mention when they actually met in person, but at least the jump from saying she's dating to being in a relationship in a matter of less than 2 weeks doesn't seem as strange. 

It is also interesting that Janelle says she has "separated from (her) partner" when talking about Kody, while Christine straight-up loves to use the term "divorced". Perhaps psychologically it validates her "marriage" to Kody?

Anyway, nice interview. I like Janelle and Christine's relationship and how supportive they are of each other. I love that Christine said she would have supported Janelle either way, whether she had stayed with Kody or not.  But "on the inside..." glad that Janelle came to her senses. 😅

• Like 24
On 8/18/2023 at 9:31 AM, Kellyee said:

I know I am mostly on my own in this, but I don't blame Robyn for this mess. It was on Kody to make sure all 4 wives got equal attention. And I don't believe for a minute that life was all great in the Brown house before Robyn came along. Janelle and Christine never got along with Meri. Christine has stated she had resentments before about how much time Kody spent with her. 

Then add on the food stamps, bankruptcies, the other time Janelle left for several years. Robyn didn't help the situation, but it was bad before she got there. I mostly blame Robyn for not protecting her own kids from the dysfunction. She should never have exposed her kids to a situation where it was clear pretty early on they weren't going to be welcomed by the other families. 

No I'm with you and I take it even further. This whole idea of "four equal romantic marriages" is ridiculous. They didn't enter into this religious polygamous arrangement expecting a fairy tale. They entered into an eternal commitment which they knew would likely be hell. Christine's mother said it was torture. All of Bonnie's sister wives left. Kody's mom and Janelle's mom described it as literal "hell."  So I don't actually blame any of them really. They all failed if you look at it from the perspective of the AUB. They made a commitment and each of them broke it. 

But through a realistic lens - none of them actually failed. They are just now re-calibrating to a more stable arrangement. It was NEVER stable before Robyn - or after. It was backstabbing,  competitive baby making, with power alliances and shifting narratives through and through. Everyone vying for a spot on the totem pole.  Favorites - check. Wives out to pasture - check. All the norm for the "principle."

Edited by Tuxcat
  • Like 15
  • Applause 5
  • Useful 2
On 8/18/2023 at 11:27 AM, laurakaye said:

Has Robyn EVER passed one single actual tear? Ever?

I even zoomed in on that crying jag she had about the porch and not one tear. when people cry that hard there’s snot everywhere. She’s not sad at all except for the fact she has no other wives to stealth-gloat to anymore.

• Like 4
  • Applause 5
  • LOL 6

Does anyone know when this will be available to stream on Discovery+?  In the past it was available all day Sunday. Do we now have to wait until it airs on TLC, or even wait until the next day like Paramount does? 

17 minutes ago, eskimo said:

Does anyone know when this will be available to stream on Discovery+?  In the past it was available all day Sunday. Do we now have to wait until it airs on TLC, or even wait until the next day like Paramount does? 

I just read that it will be available on Max when the show airs. No early access this week.

Edited by Ms.Lulu
  • Like 1
  • Useful 2
2 hours ago, b2H said:

Voted on the title, but might’ve preferred ‘Got what she asked for; not what she wanted.’

I think she got exactly what she wanted, which is why there has never been any real tears.  Except when she got told by Christine that she needed space for a while.  That told Robyn she wasn’t well liked and her feelings got hurt.  The driveway cry might have been real. 

Edited by mythoughtis
  • Like 6
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 2
10 hours ago, eskimo said:

No more early releases - so now we have to wait until lit airs. It will show up on Discovery + shortly after air time on TLC.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
2 hours ago, islandgal140 said:

But count me in until it either gets to boring or the wheels fall off. Kidney boy's reaction to Christine having a boyfriend and then getting engaged, is something I am positively salivating to see. I may need a cigarette afterwards. 

Do we know how long this season covers? I really hope we get to Christine’s boyfriend. There really needs to be a time adjustment to catch up.

• Like 7
  • Applause 2
  • Love 1
44 minutes ago, xwordfanatik said:

I want to see Kootie meet David for the first time.  I wonder if their initial encounter was at Gwen's wedding?  I can only imagine the scowled faces on Kootie and Sobbyn!  😜

Gwen said in a YT video that Kody and David had met prior (likely off camera). She didn't say when. The whole Christine/David timeline is a bit fuzzy - and has even outright changed a few times.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1
  • Useful 1
1 hour ago, xwordfanatik said:

I want to see Kootie meet David for the first time.  I wonder if their initial encounter was at Gwen's wedding?  I can only imagine the scowled faces on Kootie and Sobbyn!  😜

Christine officiated a wedding in April in California. David attended the wedding. Truely was at Kody’s during that time. I forget who mentioned it, but I think it was Mykelti. No clue if they first met during that trip  though. David may not have participated in Truely being brought there.

Edited by ginger90
  • Thanks 2
  • Useful 3

On the episode kootie says he has covid , he didn’t take a test.  Brianna and Robyn tested positive & kootie said he had the same symptoms. So again I say he had a cold or the flu and is a whiny baby 

• Like 5
  • Useful 2
  • LOL 4
  • Love 1
On 8/18/2023 at 8:31 AM, Kellyee said:

I don't think things were great, but they were ok. There's always issues and disagreements in any family, let alone one with 3 wives and numerous children. But there was more equality among the wives. Once Robyn came on the scene, the equality was gone. This is on Kody, but Robyn always says she wanted to be a sister wife then went about hogging up his time. Like when she tried to hold him back when Christine was in labor or she'd call him during other's days and need him to come to her house for something, or going on an 11 day honeymoon, or sending her kids along on Kody's outings with his other family, things like that is where my dislike for her came into play. I feel like the OG3 were playing "fair" but she came to "win".

• Like 16
  • Fire 1
  • Applause 4
2 hours ago, HoneyBeach said:

I don't think things were great, but they were ok. There's always issues and disagreements in any family, let alone one with 3 wives and numerous children. But there was more equality among the wives. Once Robyn came on the scene, the equality was gone. This is on Kody, but Robyn always says she wanted to be a sister wife then went about hogging up his time. Like when she tried to hold him back when Christine was in labor or she'd call him during other's days and need him to come to her house for something, or going on an 11 day honeymoon, or sending her kids along on Kody's outings with his other family, things like that is where my dislike for her came into play. I feel like the OG3 were playing "fair" but she came to "win".

I agree with this.  Sobbyn is the most selfish of all, even outdoing Meri.

• Like 11
  • Applause 2
On 8/23/2023 at 11:14 AM, HoneyBeach said:

I agree. Things weren’t “great” but I think the OG3 were united in a common goal of getting the kids raised and keeping the household going. Despite the squabbles (like Janelle getting her own place for a while), they did come together for the sake of the well being of the kids. Even in the depths of their fighting, Meri never would’ve asked Kody to not be with Janelle or Christine when they were giving birth. When Janelle and Christine were post partum at the same time (with Gabe and Gwen), Meri cared for the little kids (probably with more help from Logan and Aspyn than Kody to be fair)

I am looking forward to seeing more of this season; because the three OG made sacrifices, Kody threw out the book and ran off the field rather than actually incorporate Robyn into the family. 

• Like 11
  • Applause 3

My thought- was this family implosion inevitable and Robyn and Kody's relationship just accelerated it? The older kids especially- Logan, Hunter, Maddie were the glue of the family. They grew up. The middle cohort lived separate in Vegas and lost some closeness. The youngest cohort had a lot less togetherness. And Robyn's brood were never a part of the group. Family dynamics change. It's awesome that Janelle and Christine left. Both will be happier. Robyn is a stealthy awful woman and Kody a man-child-but maybe the die was cast as the kids grew.

Edited by BAForever
  • Like 10
3 hours ago, BAForever said:

My thought- was this family implosion inevitable and Robyn and Kody's relationship just accelerated it? The older kids especially- Logan, Hunter, Maddie were the glue of the family. They grew up. The middle cohort lived separate in Vegas and lost some closeness. The youngest cohort had a lot less togetherness. And Robyn's brood were never a part of the group. Family dynamics change. It's awesome that Janelle and Christine left. Both will be happier. Robyn is a stealthy awful woman and Kody a man-child-but maybe the die was cast as the kids grew.

I think given the number of kids there were always going to be shifts, as the eldest group (Logan-Hunter) grew up and moved out, and there being fewer kids to care for. But Robyn’s coming in and the move to Vegas certainly had an impact, compared to if they all stayed in Lehi. 

• Like 8

Sure, Kootie.  The Virgin Mary aka Sobbyn, is never guilty of parental alienation, or anything bad.  🙄

Go fuck yourselves, you toxic couple.  Together, you have made most of your non-Sobbyn offspring, unwelcome and unloved.  Great job!

• Like 1
  • Applause 20
  • Love 1
7 minutes ago, xwordfanatik said:

Go fuck yourselves, you toxic couple.  Together, you have made most of your non-Sobbyn offspring, unwelcome and unloved.  Great job!

To me, the telling part is how many of the non-Robyn kids care anymore? Logan, Maddie, Hunter, Aspyn, Leon, Paeden, Garrison, Ysabel, and Savannah don't seem too. Gabe was so hurt-hope we see him this season. Truly is still a child. (I'm missing someone).

Kody- your non-Robyn kids don't despise you, they just don't give you much thought and THAT'S the knife in the kidneys. 

• Like 11
  • Applause 8
16 minutes ago, xwordfanatik said:

Sure, Kootie.  The Virgin Mary aka Sobbyn, is never guilty of parental alienation, or anything bad.  🙄

I love how cry baby Kody is still obsessed over being knifed… first it was a knife to his kidneys and now Christine is “ stabbing him in the back” wahhh..WAAHHHH!!!!!! 

He’s like a freaking zombie… nothing but a head shot will stop his incessant whining!!

• Like 2
  • LOL 5
  • Love 5
33 minutes ago, BAForever said:

To me, the telling part is how many of the non-Robyn kids care anymore? Logan, Maddie, Hunter, Aspyn, Leon, Paeden, Garrison, Ysabel, and Savannah don't seem too. Gabe was so hurt-hope we see him this season. Truly is still a child. (I'm missing someone).

You are missing Gwen.  She’s definitely in the non caring section.  McKelti is the only OG that cares about Kody and Robyn. All of the adult offspring are independent thinkers who formed their own opinion of them.  Gabe might be a tad more of a mom’s boy than the rest, but he is  intelligent and thoughtful.  He doesn’t need Janelle’s words in order to have formed a negative opinion about these two  

Edited by mythoughtis
  • Like 7
  • Love 4

Anyone want to guess who, if anyone says the title of the next episode: "thanks for nothing?"  Somehow, while I think it could be any number of Brown family members (OG3, Gabe, Garrison, Savannah, Truley, etc.), more than likely, it will be Kody who utters the phrase because he has SACRIFICED SO MUCH and dealt with that knife in his kidney for so long. 

• Like 4
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 6
  • Love 1

What kind of man sits down in a PUBLIC eating area and gives a woman, the mother of several of his children the “FUCK YOU” gesture for all to see when you’re supposed to be having an adult conversation?

I’m not a total fan of everything Christine but I love how calm Christine is and how she doesn’t give him the satisfaction of a nasty reply.

IMG_6402.thumb.jpeg.d4d3b9c506c54285f474e3e0eb34045c.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Mind Blown 2
  • Hugs 1
  • Applause 8
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, mythoughtis said:

You are missing Gwen.  She’s definitely in the non caring section.  McKelti is the only OG that cares about Kody and Robyn. All of the adult offspring are independent thinkers who formed their own opinion of them.  Gabe might be a tad more of a mom’s boy than the rest, but he is  intelligent and thoughtful.  He doesn’t need Janelle’s words in order to have formed a negative opinion about these two  

Thanks @mythoughtis- I did forget Gwen. I cant remember what I wore to work yesterday- but can name most of the Brown kids. 

I think all of us armchair psychiatrists are gonna have a blast with how Janelle leaves Kody. Christine was calm and rational. Janelle  looks like she's going to show us an energy and enthusiasm that we rarely see from her. I'm here for it all!

Edited by BAForever
  • Like 16
10 minutes ago, BAForever said:

I think all of us armchair psychiatrists are gonna have a blast with how Janelle leaves Kody. Christine was calm and rational. Janelle  looks like she's going to show us an energy and enthusiasm that we rarely see from her. I'm here for it all!

Me too!  (The new Me Too movement, watching Kody get his butt handed to him on a platter by Janelle) 

The other thing that gets me about Kody is I thought he was this godly man, he used to preach to his family and had these standards about modesty, language, conduct etc but now he's throwing out F-BOMBS at the drop of a hat, and remember the day on Christines back patio when Robyn went into her lesson on how someone normally gets a divorce in their religion, how you have to approach the elders and have several meetings blah, blah but apparently giving your ex the FU gesture in public and on TV is perfectly okay, no meeting with the elders to clear that behavior!

Robyn said Christine isn't really divorced until she sleeps with another man, I think David probably took care of that and from the look of Christine he did a much better job than the 2 pump chump Kody!

Congratulations Robyn he's all yours now! 😂

• Like 5
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4

The icing on the cake woujld be for Kootie to lose CP. We already know that Janelle has moved on so will never build there.  I'd love for him to lose all of that money in a foreclosure.  Karma, indeed.

They paid off the property this spring so no foreclosure.  Also no utilities or build.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Useful 5

Does anyone remember how many acres that Coyote Pass aka Prairie Dog Plague is?  I actually got Mr. X to watch the latest episode, and he wondered how big it was.  Of course, I had forgotten.

They'll never build there, of that, I am certain.  It would shock me if they sold it for as much or more than they paid.  Dunderheads.

• Like 6
  • Love 1

I don't remember how large it is either, and without doubt they will never build and it would take a real dummy (erm another Kody) to come along and buy it.

There is a reason why the seller cut that "deal" of a lower price if Kodouch pulls the utilities. That guy saw a sucker coming the minute they started talking! Given what has been said about the land, I doubt anyone will build on the big piece. It may be subdivided and a home or two built. But there are so many costs to bear besides the cost of the land, I don't see it ever being built on unless someone with super mega bucks picks it up.

• Like 7

I am having so many issues with these previews.

Firstly, Christine says she wants an "amiable" relationship - but she's really having lunch with him for the purposes of TV drama. Most divorced people just send an email lol.

And so in that respect Kody is semi-right. Both of them are tearing each other up in front of their kids. Christine does do it too. They are both guilty of spatting and complaining in public.

Of course that's not THE reason Kody has a bad relationship with his kids. But this show - and their drama - certainly doesn't help. 

And I hate how Christine blames Kody specifically for having favorites - but yet she fails to mention that in the "principle of plural marriage" (which she gave up in Vegas because "its bad for women" according to her) - having favorites is very much the norm. 

More and more I just feel like we are all being played by this family - exploiting their family for as long as possible. 

They all stink.

• Like 4
  • Applause 3
  • LOL 2

The big house was solely for TV purposes.  It was and could never be built as it would never have been approved by the planning commission.  TLC has never let the trivialities of how things actually work interfere with their fantasy stories.  Reality TV?  Not.  

• Like 8
  • LOL 5
  • Love 1