Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler, Speculation and Social Media

• Start Topic

On 2/2/2023 at 11:29 AM, Roslyn said:

My reference to schools was only to the NAU university, not public schools.  At that time on Reddit people noted that Gabe said he was in school and masked. There were several people claiming to be local in Arizona and they said that universities didn't return to in class with distance and masking until school started for the fall semester of 2020.  My local university also followed this schedule. That is where I drew my inference from.

Hi Roslyn - I work at NAU.  As employees, I was sent to work from home March 2020 and my department kept us working at home until March 2021.  For students, they transitioned to remote learning on 3/23/20 and stayed that way for the rest of the Spring 2020 semester.  For the Fall 2020 semester, most employees remained at home, and students were given the option of either NAUFlex or in-person (masked) learning for most classes.  The spring 2021 semester started with two weeks of NAUFlex learning (remote), with a return to in-person classes (still withe the option of remaining in NAUFlex) late January 2021.  For the rest of the semester, they cancelled spring break, and ended the semester earlier than usual at the end of April and a virtual graduation ceremony.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Useful 9
On 2/7/2023 at 12:15 PM, yojenbabe said:

Hi Roslyn - I work at NAU.  As employees, I was sent to work from home March 2020 and my department kept us working at home until March 2021.  For students, they transitioned to remote learning on 3/23/20 and stayed that way for the rest of the Spring 2020 semester.  For the Fall 2020 semester, most employees remained at home, and students were given the option of either NAUFlex or in-person (masked) learning for most classes.  The spring 2021 semester started with two weeks of NAUFlex learning (remote), with a return to in-person classes (still withe the option of remaining in NAUFlex) late January 2021.  For the rest of the semester, they cancelled spring break, and ended the semester earlier than usual at the end of April and a virtual graduation ceremony.

Thank you! This timeline does line up with what I remember reading on Reddit back then. It is also the same guidelines that my local university was following in 2020 and 2021 as well. It's always good to have it spelled out from an actual source too.

• Like 6

Even if Kody didn't go to the surgery, there were other ways he could have supported Christine and Ysabel.  As far as we saw, he couldn't even be bothered to call or facetime before the surgery nor did he call Christine throughout the day of surgery to express support.  If that had been my hypothetical kid, I would have been calling every hour or two to see what was going on.  He just sat on his hands and waited for Christine to call him.  So to me he has no right to try to justify any of this.  He was a lousy father, the end.

• Like 10
  • Applause 5
  • Love 4
On 2/5/2023 at 2:02 PM, 65mickey said:

As much as I despise Robyn I won't put this on her. Kody is the "father." Yes Robyn could have encouraged him to go but it is squarely on his shoulders that he refused to be a father to Ysabel when she needed him the most. When he said that she could get on a plane and go by herself that showed him to be a sorry excuse for a dad and a human being. I have no idea how he lives with himself. He is a sick man. 

True, he is the dad and he bears the ultimate and sole responsibility, not Robyn. But it sure angers me to see how easily she accepted his decision and the fact that she did this before. Back then when Truely was sick, he was lounging on Robyn’s bed and in no hurry at all when Christine rushed to hospital. And Robyn wasn’t encouraging him to go either. 

So I’m not holding Kody’s decions and responsibilities against Robyn, but I do hold the ease with which she so conveniently accepts Kody’s decisions against her! She keeps insisting she wants polygamy, but she’s made it perfectly clear she only wants it if it suits her and so long as it doesn’t involve any responsibility toward the other families.

• Like 9
  • Love 3
6 hours ago, LilyD said:

So I’m not holding Kody’s decions and responsibilities against Robyn, but I do hold the ease with which she so conveniently accepts Kody’s decisions against her! She keeps insisting she wants polygamy, but she’s made it perfectly clear she only wants it if it suits her and so long as it doesn’t involve any responsibility toward the other families.

Agree, LiliyD.

I remember years ago one of the wives complained that Robyn often had damsel in distress moments when Kody was with other wives.

I refuse to believe anything other than it was all part of her plan to stroke Kody's ego into thinking that he is the prince that saves some hapless woman.

I've been rewatching from the beginning and there was never a moment that Robyn wasn't manipulating Kody into thinking she was the good wife. Getting the best lot on Coyote Pass was scraps. Spending time with her husband was foisted on her. Living in a mansion was not her choice.

Her kids all have conditions that cause her to hover: Day'un is on the spectrum, Aurora has anxiety. Breanna isn't loved by the extended family. Sol has RSV and of course Aurora wasn't weaned until she was nearly 4 and she's a hellion night owl.

• Like 11
  • Love 2

I think that it's so funny that Kody and Robyn put themselves in financial jeopardy.

What they wanted was a Meri type relationship with all three of the OG wives. They thought that Janelle and Christine would fake that they were still married to Kody to insure that the show kept going.

It never entered their minds that Christine would decide that she'd risk losing the show by publicly ending the marriage and Janelle, then Meri, would follow suit.

Instead of having three marriages like Meri's, they ended up with no sister wives.

Now they find themselves without a storyline. They tried to shift the focus to Ari and Sol and quickly found out that the audience had no interest.

Meri seems to be ready to quit the show, Janelle and Christine seem to be doing well financially plus the audience loves them and wants a spinoff.

Kody and Robyn need the money from the show the most. They are hated by the public and are finding that the audience has no interest in them without Janelle and Christine.

Kody and Robyn must be panicking. They are learning that sooner or later you pay the price for your actions.

I hope that they end up kicked off the show because they don't have a storyline without the OG wives.

• Like 16
  • Love 2

I couldn’t agree more. Kody believed he and religion held all the cards and he could behave however he wanted. I think his wives leaving has rocked him to his core.
I hope he’s whimpering in his closet of deep thoughts wondering how he’s going to pay his mortgage without the help of his first three wives.

• Like 8
  • Love 6

I think Kody quiet quit the physical side of his and Janelle's marriage long before he kicked Meri to the curb. I think he more gradually quiet quit Christine. Ultimately, I really think Robyn was the final straw for all three OGs, but I think if Christine had stayed, Meri and Janelle would have too.

• Like 8
3 hours ago, Libby said:

I hope that they end up kicked off the show because they don't have a storyline without the OG wives

We need to be careful what we wish for. Mykelti and Tony are lining up to be the next stars of this show. "Sister Wives" is going to revert to what it was before -without the polygamy. Just a lot of sugary sweet "we're so happy" made up story lines mixed with multiple birthing episodes. I already hate it.

• Like 11
  • LOL 4
3 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

I think Kody quiet quit the physical side of his and Janelle's marriage long before he kicked Meri to the curb. I think he more gradually quiet quit Christine. Ultimately, I really think Robyn was the final straw for all three OGs, but I think if Christine had stayed, Meri and Janelle would have too.

I think the opposite about Janelle. She’s quiet and not outwardly demanding or dramatic like the other three, but still waters run deep. I think they had true affection and love, and probably a much better sex life than most people think for much longer than most people think. Janelle is also the one who honors rules and the family good as a whole, so her not being affectionate in public out of respect and mutual agreement, might still give her room to be more bold behind closed doors. Janelle didn’t need to establish stage 10 clinger behavior like Meri and Robyn for a reason. That reason is not necessarily apathy or lack of sex drive. Sometimes it’s just confidence and peace. 

• Like 17
  • Applause 2
  • Useful 1
31 minutes ago, RazzleberryPie said:

I think the opposite about Janelle. She’s quiet and not outwardly demanding or dramatic like the other three, but still waters run deep. I think they had true affection and love, and probably a much better sex life than most people think for much longer than most people think. Janelle is also the one who honors rules and the family good as a whole, so her not being affectionate in public out of respect and mutual agreement, might still give her room to be more bold behind closed doors. Janelle didn’t need to establish stage 10 clinger behavior like Meri and Robyn for a reason. That reason is not necessarily apathy or lack of sex drive. Sometimes it’s just confidence and peace. 

That could very well be...we know Janelle growls when Kootie wears tight pants or his Kootie-tail.

• Wink 1
  • LOL 7
5 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

I think Kody quiet quit the physical side of his and Janelle's marriage long before he kicked Meri to the curb.

I used to think this way. I think there might have been some problems back when they first went to Vegas (everyone had problems them, except Robyn), but I think Kody and Janelle worked it out. Over time, I've come to see it like this:

2 hours ago, RazzleberryPie said:

I think the opposite about Janelle. She’s quiet and not outwardly demanding or dramatic like the other three, but still waters run deep. I think they had true affection and love, and probably a much better sex life than most people think for much longer than most people think.

There were even little hints from Janelle in more recent seasons, where she'd affirm she had a full or real marriage with Kody, and her implication was that they were still intimate.

In fact, when she decided they should stay apart (out of an abundance of caution) at the beginning of the pandemic, but then it was finally safe for Kody to visit again, they both seemed a little shy/giddy about it.

I think it is possible Kody liked to downplay that aspect of their relationship to (1) not rub it in the other wives' faces, but mostly (2) to let Robyn think she was his only lover, not just his preferred one.

The thing is, and I mean this sincerely, all of these women are sexually conservative, and their religion expects them to be. One sticking point they've all had, since the beginning of the series, is talking about sex. They've said it makes them uncomfortable, but it also clearly appeared to make them uncomfortable.

Edited by General Days
  • Like 3
  • Useful 2
6 hours ago, Tuxcat said:

We need to be careful what we wish for. Mykelti and Tony are lining up to be the next stars of this show. "Sister Wives" is going to revert to what it was before -without the polygamy. Just a lot of sugary sweet "we're so happy" made up story lines mixed with multiple birthing episodes. I already hate it.

I agree, especially after reading (on Reddit) that Robyn was apparently at Gwen and Bea's engagement party. I hope that was just speculation. Mykelti and Tony do seem to be jockeying for a role in bridging the gaps between the Flagstaff and Utah groups. I really don't care to see Robyn and Kody visiting M & T and the babies, or any more awkward moments between Truely and her sperm donor. Just no.

• Like 11

Let’s hope we’re not getting a counting on-type of spin off with the focus on some of the Brown kids… Just the thought of having a Jill and Jessa show with Maddie and Mykelti is making me sick!

I firmly vote against any spin off but would love to have a “where are they now”-show in 5 or 10 years. 

• Like 14
  • Love 1

A spin-off of some Browns including Christine and her new beau David, although likely very boring, would be the best revenge. Christine can tell Kody to make sure his wife Robyn doesn't try to come after her money. 🤣

• LOL 18
On 2/10/2023 at 9:24 AM, Libby said:

Meri seems to be ready to quit the show,

Well, there is this (today):

Meri Brown Will 'Hardly Make Any Appearances' In New Season (okmagazine.com)

Meri Brown won't be featured prominently in Season 18 of Sister Wives as she focuses on her new single life and running her bed and breakfast.

According to "Tender Loving Care...?" podcast co-host Pauline Bithell, who spoke to production sources at TLC, the show's producers had no idea that Kody and Meri's relationship was going to "fall out so badly" at the time, potentially leading to less screen time for the mom-of-one.

"Fans are interested in Meri, but the last season she's been so much put aside by Kody," Pauline explained in a recent interview. "I definitely think she's rejuvenated now with this bed and breakfast [Lizzie's Heritage Inn in Parowan, Utah] and she will be featured."

However, the 51-year-old will only "be featured a little bit" in Season 18, and fans can expect her to "hardly" make "any appearances."

Pauline revealed that this has caused production to hit "a little bit of a standstill," but assured the outlet that Sister Wives will still continue to film despite Kody's splits from Meri, Christine and Janelle — leaving the polygamist only married to his fourth wife, Robyn.

"They're still going to carry on with the lives of [the ex wives]," she continued. "I think the season is going to be pivotal and very interesting for the fans because... all these things have been revealed about money, about the poverty levels that the children [had experienced]."

Edited by b2H
  • Like 4
  • Useful 3
  • LOL 1
On 2/10/2023 at 6:08 PM, dariafan said:

Can whoever does the next tell nothing please please please ask him what is with the gloves ????

They make him feel like a real, busy, busy manly-man.  By simple osmosis when wearing them, he can be assured he looks the part of a travel-trailer leveler.   Sadly, the gloves provide him little guarantee for any success.  

• Like 1
  • LOL 9

How on earth can TLC continue with an 18th season of a show called Sister Wives when there are no sister wives left??🤔

Or will they do a 90-day fiancé style-title? Something like Sister Wives Happily Ever After? or even better; Sister Wives What Now?

• Like 5
  • Applause 4
  • LOL 2

I'm also wondering what the 18th season will show. Is there more to Janelle and Kody's break-up? I mean we pretty much saw the breakdown of their marriage last season. Even though the tell-alls were recent, the filming was during 2021 - what happened in 2022?

The twins are still infants and Gwen's engagement just happened, so it seems unlikely either of those would be shown next season, at least not by TLC's norm. And Christine's new boyfriend is new.

So the only thing I can think of that happened earlier in 2022 is Christine's move.

• Like 7
11 hours ago, MrsKravitz said:

Her “new single life”?! I don’t see anything new—not being single or owning the b&b. She’s just admitting it now. 

Yeah I totally laughed at the idea of her “single life”. It really is nothing new. Besides, Meri is too busy trying to scam people out of their money so she can take vacations. 

• Like 5
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5

Unless they're going to have a real Tell All where they spill the dirt on why they really hate each other (with details) and show us the truth about their finances, I have no desire to watch any more Sister Wives, spin offs or otherwise. I certainly don't want to watch Christine try to date or see regular shots of Tony looking lazy and unkept.

This show is at its end. Even the divorce storyline got really boring towards the end.

• Like 12
  • Applause 3
  • Love 1
5 minutes ago, Kellyee said:

Unless they're going to have a real Tell All where they spill the dirt on why they really hate each other (with details) and show us the truth about their finances, I have no desire to watch any more Sister Wives, spin offs or otherwise. I certainly don't want to watch Christine try to date or see regular shots of Tony looking lazy and unkept.

This show is at its end. Even the divorce storyline got really boring towards the end.

Can I hear an "amen"?  I. Couldn't. Care. Less.

• Like 7
  • LOL 3
  • Love 2

I can't imagine what they have planned for the next season.  How many more hours of watching the OG marriages atrophy and die do they think people want to watch?  And we know that's pretty much all they've got to televise because we all know what has happened (and not happened) in the family. 

You can't run a reality show successfully with a year-long lag between shooting an episode and airing it. Not with a family that gets this much publicity.  Why would I want to tune in to see Christine (pretend to?) navigate the world of online dating when I already know her boyfriend's entire life story?  And I know that is the most exciting storyline they've got because if anyhing else was going on, I'd already know all about that, too.

If there was something juicy coming, maybe I'd be more interested, even if I did already know about it.  For example, if they were willing to delve into "Meri was abusive" thing, I'd be interested. But if they taped about that now, it wouldn't air for ages. I'm not sure I'm willing to keep watching, waiting for nuggets of interesting things to emerge. 

I am still interested enough to want to know what happens, though.  But think I will probably end up following events here and on some YouTube channels (like the way I keep track of Little People Big World which I can no longer stomach actually watching, lol). 

It's a sad trajectory... First, you're no longer appointment tv. Then you fall off the DVR schedule. Next thing you know, you're just something I listen to Katie Joy tell lies talk about on the YouTube late at night when I can't sleep.  Then, finally, you become 90 Day Fiancé and I pray to the tv gods for you to just disappear. 

• Like 17
  • LOL 1

Meir wants to be in charge of her narrative, which she isn’t because she let kootie head control it.  And she wants to be if not an influencer, influential     Which she isn’t.  She needs to go to real therapy, not Nancy and get clothes that fit her !!

• Like 9
  • Applause 2

Spot on @Celia Rubenstein. Of the TV families I've watched, I stopped watching long before they went off the air, for many reasons, and some I left sooner rather than later. The only thing I see Sister Wives has going for it is, this last season brought about a lot of renewed interest. For me its like well now that I'm back to watching, I'll stick around and see what the next season brings. So I think next season will make or break them. But they are just another boring TV family so the producers can only create so much.

• Like 10

I would love to see some dance routines of the exes. 

Janelle- These Boots are made For Walking, Nancy Sinatra. 

Christine - A Little Too Late (to do the right thing now), Tanya Tucker

Meri warbling a solo selfie with filters of I Will Always Love You, Dolly Parton.

• LOL 12
17 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

The only thing I see Sister Wives has going for it is, this last season brought about a lot of renewed interest. For me its like well now that I'm back to watching, I'll stick around and see what the next season brings. So I think next season will make or break them. But they are just another boring TV family so the producers can only create so much.

The last season indeed brought some renewed interest, but the end of all plural "marriages" is a great way to wrap this show up. We started off with a guy with 3 "marriages" and a lot of kids, went on to see a a guy with 4 "marriages" and even more kids, and we'll end up with a guy with only one wife and most kids gone. Sounds like a perfect and natural way to go "full circle" and close the book.

With such a huge family, there will be weddings and babies coming for the foreseeable future.  So another engagement or pregnancy is not an excuse to linger on if you ask me. Besides, there's so much about weddings and babies on tv that it seems unlikely it'll gain more interest for the show....

Edited by LilyD
Deleted double text
  • Like 15
  • Love 2
18 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Spot on @Celia Rubenstein. Of the TV families I've watched, I stopped watching long before they went off the air, for many reasons, and some I left sooner rather than later. The only thing I see Sister Wives has going for it is, this last season brought about a lot of renewed interest. For me its like well now that I'm back to watching, I'll stick around and see what the next season brings. So I think next season will make or break them. But they are just another boring TV family so the producers can only create so much.

I don't spend a whole lot of time thinking about this family so I don't mind watching another season even if it is more than a year behind current events.  I do think that they should speed up the time covered on the next season and bring the show closer to the present time.  It wouldn't be too hard to do that.

I also think they're going to milk the show for all it's worth.  No matter what the outcome if they can still keep the ratings up they'll keep coming out with new seasons even if it's only to follow the former wives separately, Kody and Robyn separately, and perhaps tune in on some of what's going on with the kids.  It would definitely not be the first show that did something like this on TLC.  I have previously compared this show with "Little People, Big World" which also refuses to die no matter how many years pass and has been on the air for 4 more years than Sister Wives.  It was even canceled once but in spite of that TLC keeps coming out with new seasons to this day despite the Roloff parents divorcing in 2016 and the kids growing up and starting families of their own.  So my opinion is like it or not we're likely going to see new seasons of Sister Wives for years to come.

Edited by Yeah No
  • Like 3
  • Sad 1
  • Useful 1
On 2/13/2023 at 9:06 AM, Yeah No said:

I don't spend a whole lot of time thinking about this family so I don't mind watching another season even if it is more than a year behind current events.  I do think that they should speed up the time covered on the next season and bring the show closer to the present time.  It wouldn't be too hard to do that.

I also think they're going to milk the show for all it's worth.  No matter what the outcome if they can still keep the ratings up they'll keep coming out with new seasons even if it's only to follow the former wives separately, Kody and Robyn separately, and perhaps tune in on some of what's going on with the kids.  It would definitely not be the first show that did something like this on TLC.  I have previously compared this show with "Little People, Big World" which also refuses to die no matter how many years pass and has been on the air for 4 more years than Sister Wives.  It was even canceled once but in spite of that TLC keeps coming out with new seasons to this day despite the Roloff parents divorcing in 2016 and the kids growing up and starting families of their own.  So my opinion is like it or not we're likely going to see new seasons of Sister Wives for years to come.

Totally agree.

Very much like the Duggar family's show. A scandal got 19 Kids & Counting cancelled and TLC rebranded it to Jill & Jessa: Counting On. Then when Jill's husband demanded more money, they dropped the Jessa and Jill from the title and called it Counting On. It only died when the oldest son Josh was arrested for an egregious crime - a crime he's serving more than a decade in prison for - and he wasn't even on the show since the rebranding. Including the original specials the Duggars were on the air for 16 or 17 years.

Its all about the money for TLC. These reality shows are super cheap to film and the families don't make all that much, in comparison to a cast of actors.

When the shows turn into vacations, weddings and births like the Bates and Duggar shows they become even more boring. But I think TLC, with the Brown family eagerly onboard, will film until the numbers tell them not to.

So for the Brown family, its how long can they make this cash cow last.

Edited by GeeGolly
  • Like 8
  • Sad 1

I don't think you can fully compare LPBW and the Duggars with Sister Wives. LPBW was not just about the married little couple Matt and Amy. Zach and his 3 kids all have dwarfism so they can carry on the concept. The Duggars kids seemed to continue in their parents' footsteps; young fundamentalist marriages with lots of kids, so a continuation of the Duggar concept (till J1 Duggar screwed up for a second time)

The concept of Sister Wives was the joy of plural marriage. That's all gone now and none of the kids, save from maybe Robyn's, care for polygamy. The concept that made the show is gone. Without it, they're just 4 broken families with kids old enough to start their own lives. And those lives are pretty average/standard (thank god for that!) The only thing that could keep them on for a little longer is their limited fame.

I just don't see a story anymore that makes them stand out or more interesting than you and me. Most of us out are (or were) in relationships or dating, many of us have kids, moved across states or tried our hand at building. But that's not reality tv stuff, is it? And with Janelle, Christine and possibly Meri gone, who is left for Kody to scream at? They'd need a miracle to keep this show going for the next couple of years. 

Edited by LilyD
  • Like 5
  • Applause 2
  • Love 2
3 minutes ago, LilyD said:

I don't think you can fully compare LPBW and the Duggars with Sister Wives. LPBW was not just about the married little couple Matt and Amy. Zach and his 3 kids all have dwarfism so they can carry on the concept. The Duggars kids seemed to continue in their parents' footsteps; young fundamentalist marriages with lots of kids, so a continuation of the Duggar concept (till J1 Duggar screwed up for a second time)

The concept of Sister Wives was the joy of plural marriage. That's all gone now and none of the kids, save from maybe Robyn's, care for polygamy. The concept that made the show is gone. Without it, they're just 4 broken families with kids old enough to start their own lives. And those lives are pretty average/standard (thank god for that!) The only thing that could keep them on for a little longer is their limited fame.

I just don't see a story anymore that makes them stand out or more interesting than you and me. Most of us out are (or were) in relationships or dating, many of us have kids, moved across states or tried our hand at building. But that's not reality tv stuff, is it? And with Janelle, Christine and possibly Meri gone, who is left for Kody to scream at? They'd need a miracle to keep this show going for the next couple of years. 

I see what you're saying except when 19 Kids rebranded it was initially about two couples with one kid each - hardly out of the realm of normal. Why it worked was because of the fan base - both humpers and haters. That the show no longer resembled its origins didn't seem to matter. It was kind of a nothing show that folks were in the habit of watching.

I think its possible for the same thing to happen with Sister Wives, all they have to do is put After in front of the title.

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1
36 minutes ago, Canadian Girl said:

Just to be clear, Derick just asked Jill's father for Jill's money that was rightfully hers for appearing on the show. He didn't ask TLC for more money. 

The way I remember the story going down was Derick went to TLC first and when they said no, he threatened to withhold Sam's birth episode. TLC said nope. Then Derick went to JB for money. Under duress JB agreed to give Jill a lump sum of cash. In between the two, Derick attacked Jazz Jennings, Nate Berkus and TLC all over SM, so TLC dropped him in 2017. Jill was in a few more episodes and then eventually faded away. I believe the last episode she was in was Ivy's birth. Ivy was born 5/2019.

• Like 4

But the day before that happened (IIRC) Kody was supposed to be watching Truley and Logan came outside to where Kody was burning up some steaks on the grill and said something about Truley not looking well ...?  And Kody's response was "give her some LIV water" (that crap he was trying to promote at one time).  I remember thinking he needed to stop what he was doing and look in on her, but it's been a long time.  

Does anyone recall that?   For some reason Kody sure ended up the asshole in that whole scenario, and my recollection is that he really dropped the ball.

• Like 6
9 minutes ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

But the day before that happened (IIRC) Kody was supposed to be watching Truley and Logan came outside to where Kody was burning up some steaks on the grill and said something about Truley not looking well ...?  And Kody's response was "give her some LIV water" (that crap he was trying to promote at one time).  I remember thinking he needed to stop what he was doing and look in on her, but it's been a long time.  

Does anyone recall that?   For some reason Kody sure ended up the asshole in that whole scenario, and my recollection is that he really dropped the ball.

I fully recall that!  The only difference is that I thought it was one of the girls (maybe Aspyn?) that came out to inform him of Truely's worsening condition.

In typical Kody style, he chose to remain showboating at the grill because the cameras were set up outside on the patio 

Edited by Sandy W
  • Like 7