Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler, Speculation and Social Media

• Start Topic

55 minutes ago, Soup333 said:

Does anyone know if Meri and Leon have a relationship at this point? I’ve been seeing rumors that they don’t. Of course I’m taking it with a grain of salt, but where we see Janelle and Christine often with their kids, we never see Leon and Meri in photos together.  

Maybe Leon (and Audrey) have decided to bow out of this $hit show and live their own lives together?  Of course I suppose the hand will be out for some $$ for the wedding...

• Like 7
  • LOL 2
22 hours ago, Soup333 said:

Remember when Kody made that comment about Ari being outspoken like all of his kids? Definitely Mykelti, Paedon and Leon fit that mold. It’s a Brown family trait that I do not care for. 

Outspoken is another word for rude, in their cases.   I do not care for the way any of them speak about or to their families.  Gwen speaks with candor and respect IMO.  Big difference.     

• Like 12
22 hours ago, Pickleinthemiddle said:

Same here.  My dad finally told me one day, most people don't really care about what you have to say.  Learn to listen and you don't always have to respond to what is said.  He wasn't being mean, he was just trying to give me some of those life skills you need.

Yes at times in our life we all feel like we know everything.  

My dad told me:

Don't ask people how much money they make.

Don't ask them about their religion.

Don't ask them who they voted for on the last election.

If they bring it up anyway, act bored and uninterested.  If they still won't shut up, tell them you have to see a man about a horse and leave.

• Like 6
  • LOL 18
15 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Thanks for the link, @ginger90. I'm only partway through. I laughed after Kody said Janelle had to get explicit permission from her sister wives to park the RV, when Gwen said Coyote Pass is just a bunch of land no one is living on, and then added text that read, "and nobody probably ever will live on." Out of the mouth of babes!

I feel like Gwen is fundamentally decent. Her breath caught when she saw the photo of Meri's mother, then showed Meri talking about Bonnie's death. She seemed to be trying not to let herself get choked up when she added, "They better not make me cry again." Also, when Meri was talking about her depression, Gwen said sometimes it feels really invasive to watch this, as one of their kids.

Gwen has a little bit of that ing-ink accent that Christine has. It makes me laugh.

She was touched enough to tear up at Christine, Aurora, and Breanna singing, "Unwritten" at Ysabel's graduation party, yet still candid enough to note, "We are not a musically talented family."

• Like 11
  • LOL 5
  • Love 2
On 1/18/2023 at 4:40 PM, Art Of Noiz said:

Here's my "In My Opinion". All speculation and poor recollections. 

Meri said one time in reference to being an empty nester, the family trying to pull her into family..she said, "I'm not going to watch their kids." She seems abjectly grateful for the love of Robyn's kids. 

She definitely screamed at those kids during Big Bear campalooza. 

I can't remember Mykelti interacting much with Meri. If Toxcicity is to be believed, there was a fistfight between a male son and Kody in 2021. The mom stepped in to break it up, then made arrangements to move so Kody couldn't move in. 

Toxcicity said in a non answer re: Meri's abuse. .. if you had a babysitter you should take the locks off the doors. 

I think Paedon was making a huge statement to Kody after his call about NDAs after Gwen's Podcast. Im sure there was major flack after Paedon's and Tony and Mykelti are sticking up for their siblings. 

To Gwen's credit, she was honest and said she saw Meri attack Mykelti. 

I think it's the kids.

The alleged abuse of Mykelti by Meri could explain why she went to live with Robyn and how Robyn helped the abuse stop.

• Like 1
  • Useful 5
On 1/14/2023 at 8:50 PM, Tuxcat said:

That account keeps deleting old things. A few people tracked it to Canada. Other's said it was an account solely used to discredit/mock Meri (long before this team showed up). Today it deleted comments and said it would switch to private. Now it's staying it is seeking additional legal and technical advice to protect "innocent parties."

It could definitely be Jackie since this "team" maintains that Meri was never catfished.

I agree that the synthesizer is using speech patterns - or maybe we are wrong and it really is the kids because there was one that was exactly Aspyn, you know how she laughs when she's nervous. It was the same cadence and everything, I find myself very confused and I used to think of myself as being able to pick out the scams pretty well.

My brain at the moment cannot make sense of this...but why they keep saying "we must remain anonymous for our protection but more will be released in the next weeks" Is it just to protect the show? I know there must be a reason but I can't think of it. The account wants us to think its the family. 

@toxcicitea is the account

They can do anything now. Deep fakes

• Like 3
On 1/19/2023 at 12:44 PM, Art Of Noiz said:

I was a Radiologic Technologist. 2y college credits prereq. Assoc. Degree. I was told by a nurse that monkeys could do my job. 

A real monkey wouldn't have stared her down like I did. A real monkey would have flung dung at her. 🐒 

My sister and her husband have volunteered with a small exotic animal rescue for eons.  We got in a discussion of primates vs large cats with the others that work there.  The general consensus was they would rather go in with a cat than a primate.  A cat can just kill you.  A primate will fuck with you first while ripping you to shreds.

People making assumptions about jobs drives me wild.  Walk a minute in someone's shoes.

• Like 7
  • Love 2
On 1/16/2023 at 11:48 AM, Meow Mix said:

This is what I am wondering as well.  As I said before, I won't give the guy doing the interviewing a click because he is very problematic, but I could easily see Paedon feeling comfortable with another guy and saying all sorts of stuff without thinking it through.  Once again, I do believe Meri took her resentment out on some of the kids which is yet another wrong choice from her.  But, I think Paedon was basking in the spotlight and things got out of hand.  The fact that he canceled an appearance on another podcast lends weight to that assumption.

ETA: What in the world is JO's problem?  This obsession is getting downright creepy.  While I think Meri played up the victim narrative with the catfish, this person does seem to have an unhealthy obsession with the family.

That guy is creepy. I don't think anyone is comfortable with him. He looks like a tweaker

On 1/18/2023 at 6:28 PM, Tuxcat said:

If you watch the three hour video that Paedon did, he provides some fairly concrete examples with regards to his "sexist, homophobic and transphobic" views. So Gwen does not need to provide those. And here she uses the term "violent abuse." To date, Paedon did not say the word "abuse" regarding Meri - neither did Gwen - actually none of them have with the exception of Maddie's 30 second tweet that didn't even name any names.

The situations are similar though. We have accusations and allegations of various things without any concrete examples. So if are going to condemn Meri, you should also condemn Paedon. Or, reserve judgment for both until we know more.

I see the words abuse, toxic, gaslighting, narcissist... thrown around so much these days. It all becomes very muddled. And in light of the attention seeking behavior of Christine's children, I read with caution. 

That being said, I think sibling rivalry and roughhousing is vastly different than sibling abuse -  and the seriousness of that issue should't be demoted just because they are siblings.

I think they are two peas in a pod and that's why they hate each other

• Applause 3
29 minutes ago, General Days said:

I didn't say anything about Mykelti and Tony having their own show. I'm confused.

Yeah it won't be their own show. It will be Mykelti's baby shower, and twin birth, and post birth and how the "separated" family manages. Kody and Robyn went to the shower so I'm sure it was filmed. We are going to get a lot of Mykelti and Tony next season (sadly).

• Like 3
  • Sad 6
  • LOL 3
27 minutes ago, Tuxcat said:

Yeah it won't be their own show. It will be Mykelti's baby shower, and twin birth, and post birth and how the "separated" family manages. Kody and Robyn went to the shower so I'm sure it was filmed. We are going to get a lot of Mykelti and Tony next season (sadly).

Ugh. Didn't we get all that, already? I feel like we did.

(I wish every Brown kid the best. They grew up in crappy circumstances, but I don't want to watch all their stuff.)

• Like 13

I have never been a Myketli fan.  She's too much like her father, even as a child. I found her rude. And Tony- just no.  

Why are Chrisitne's kids the only ones airing their dirty brown laundry?  I say go ahead make some money kids,  but no one else?  I would like to hear from Jennelle's kids.   

• Like 10

The way Mykelti manipulated Kootie to kick in for a honeymoon for having to push back her wedding and then gloating about it in her TH afterwards was eye-opening for me. I get the feeling she's a piece of work. However, I guess it's best for her to strike while the iron's hot, for that'll probably be the last thing she gets from Kootie.

If I were Christine I think I'd resent Mykelti's even-handed manner that she's attempting here.  I think that it was too soon for Mykelti to be playing the role of what, maybe peacemaker?  Makes me wonder what Mykelti is really after, and who's she manipulating to try to get it.  I have an inkling that she's a quid-pro-quo kind of gal.

Finally, as someone stated somewhere on this forum, this telling of family hardships when they were growing up should be reigned in by the parents, if possible. For example, eating day-old bread and being happy to get a hotdog for dinner.  It's TMI, and it only makes your family look bad.  Your family looks bad enough as it is, which is problably one of the reasons Logan has nothing to do with the show.  The internet is forever, and you may regret it one day.  Barring any abuse the kids may have suffered, it may be better to keep that that of stuff to a minimum, but I don't think Mykelti's a minimum kind of person.

• Like 10
  • Applause 2
  • Love 1
On 1/21/2023 at 4:58 AM, Midwestern Lady said:

Why are Chrisitne's kids the only ones airing their dirty brown laundry?  I say go ahead make some money kids,  but no one else?  I would like to hear from Jennelle's kids.   

I think it's a combination of a couple of things - Christine has always been more frustrated and disappointed in her relationship with Kody than Janelle. She basically has more complaints about him than Janelle does.  And Christine is much more vocal about her feelings in general.  I can imagine her kids have heard a lot more than Janelle's kids have heard about what their mother thinks of Kody, the other wives and the general circumstances of the family over the years.

Add in the potential for Christine to pass along her much more animated, impulsive, emotional style of communicating in general (compared to the much more reserved, thoughtful, measured  Janelle) and you have the makings for a Mykelti, Gwen, and Peadon vs. the makings of a Logan, Hunter, Savannah, etc.

Edited by Celia Rubenstein
  • Like 15
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1

I think Christine's ability (or desire) to rein any of her kids in is sorely lacking. 

They take after her and have watched their parents bare everything to the public for years. I imagine they feel no need to hold back, especially if it makes them money either directly (TLC paycheck) or indirectly (social media attention translating to MLM sales). 

Reining in the runaway horses requires a firm hand and Christine has not got it.

• Like 17
  • Applause 1
  • Love 2

Agree with above poster- Christine should try to convince Paeden and her other kids that they rillly may regret comments made now about their family and siblings. Her kids are adults, but still young. I certainly regret things I said/beliefs I had in my early 20's. 

1 minute ago, BAForever said:

Edited by BAForever
  • Like 9

I think that Mykelti harbors some resentment against Christine. I think that Mykelti loves Christine, but there are some bad feelings underneath the surface.

As Mykelti was growing up, I don’t think Christine made any secret of the fact that Mykelti wasn't one of her favorite kids. I could tell just by watching the show.

Christine has also admitted to putting Janelle's kids above her own as they were growing up.

I think that's why Mykelti has chosen to be friends with Robyn. It's an unconscious payback to Christine.

• Like 9
  • Useful 6

I like to add to all the wise conclusions posted above ...

If we look at all the parents with no biases, Christine's kids are in the middle of two shit talking parents.

What do kids do when their parents act like children during a divorce? The kids back out or act out. Aspen, Ysabel and Truely have backed themselves out of it and Mykelti, Paedon and to a degree, Gwen, are acting out.

• Like 17
  • Useful 2

Mykelti and Tony interviewed Ysabel for their Patreon…one of the gems from the interview was that when Ysabel was diagnosed at 14 with scoliosis Mykelti (21) thought scoliosis was an STD 🙃🤨.  Also, apparently we were right the Breanna, Ysabel stay at Meri’s that was shown on the show lasted 1 day.

Eta: *I didn’t get to listen to this so I don’t know what else was said but I’m not sure Mykelti hot takes on scoliosis and PPD leave me wondering if Tony’s mouth harmones have rattled her brain. This family’s take on science/biology/medicine is interesting to say the least.

Edited by Irate Panda
Edit didn’t save previously
  • Like 7
  • Useful 3
  • LOL 2

Ysabel sounds like a level headed and sweet young woman.  Hopefully  she has a bright future. She has suffered a lot in her young life. Thank God Christine finally got her the surgery that she needed. Kody should be ashamed of himself for letting his daughter suffer all those years and then being a selfish no good dad by not going with her for the surgery. 

• Like 15

Thank you for the recap @Libby 

Ysabel is a sweet kid.

What I want to know is, who keeps asking about favorite siblings? Of course in a family that size someone may have siblings they are closer with, but do we need to know who everyone likes the most? 

Also, Mykelti is annoying even in this recap. 

• Like 15
3 minutes ago, Soup333 said:

Thank you for the recap @Libby 

Ysabel is a sweet kid.

What I want to know is, who keeps asking about favorite siblings? Of course in a family that size someone may have siblings they are closer with, but do we need to know who everyone likes the most? 

Also, Mykelti is annoying even in this recap. 

The recap wasn't mine, I just copied it over from reddit. We have to thank ComesandGoes31 from the reddit board.

Edited by Libby
  • Like 8

Uh oh I can't believe I have to defend Kody on one minor point from the recap. Mykelti didn't say that Kody did not visit the grandkids. She was saying that Ysabel has not seen Kody as a grandpa very much. Ysabel was trying to answer a viewer question about how Kody was as a grandpa.

That being said, Tony does go on and on about how thankful he is for Kody being such an engaged grandparent when he is present. Because Tony knows how busy Kody is with "responsibilities..."

Also with the part about Christine not accepting the initial diagnosis. Tony went on and on and on about that. He does not seem to be a Christine fan.

Lastly, Ysabel spoke about how she and Meri were close and she called her Marmi but that relationship drifted away. She doesn't talk to Meri or Robyn even though she would have liked the relationships to continue and still claims them as moms.  She thinks divorce inevitably separates families. And that their family really didn't know how to "do divorce" because normally in polygamy, the wife who leaves is usually (and unfairly) ostracized, shunned, "not a good person" and cut out of the family.

• Like 4
  • Mind Blown 2
  • Useful 2

I think the reason Janelle's kids are keeping quiet is mainly because Janelle isn't fully financially extricated from the fambly yet and anything they say will be held against her. Christine is free and can't be 'punished' by Kidney for what her adult kids say. I think Garrison and/or Gabe will pipe up sooner or later.

• Like 10
  • Useful 1
On 1/20/2023 at 8:49 PM, General Days said:

(I wish every Brown kid the best. They grew up in crappy circumstances, but I don't want to watch all their stuff.)

It's funny to me that the ones I most want to hear from are the ones that are quiet. I always loved Aspyn and thought she had the sweetest, kindest personality. I wish we knew more about how she was doing. And Logan and Hunter. 

• Like 14
3 hours ago, MamaGee said:

It's funny to me that the ones I most want to hear from are the ones that are quiet. I always loved Aspyn and thought she had the sweetest, kindest personality. I wish we knew more about how she was doing. And Logan and Hunter. 

Me too. And add Gabe to that list. 

• Like 7
8 hours ago, Libby said:

Synopsis of Ysabel interview.

Apparently Gwen has reached out to the person who posted the recabs and asked them to remove them. So the Gwen's and ToKelti's recabs are  no longer available. A lot of the content have been picked up by the media. Let's see if Gwen asks them to remove that content, too. 

• Useful 9
On 1/21/2023 at 1:58 PM, Midwestern Lady said:

I have never been a Myketli fan.  She's too much like her father, even as a child. I found her rude. And Tony- just no.  

I found your take interesting. Yes, it’s Christine’s kids who are most vocal about what really happened, but they seem to have been “2nd class kids” to Kody and Meri compared to the others, so I get that in a way. I’m now waiting for Gabe to speak up. Don’t think Garrison will. He is too much like Janelle.

In my humble opinion, I see an awful lot of Christine in both Paedon and Gwen. Paedon maybe Kody 2.0 but the constant and loud whining and complete lack of a filter is very much Christine. The same goes for Gwen’s loud and awkward presence and comments in the past. She always rubbed people the wrong way and spoke a lot without thinking. (Sorry, I’m not on the Gwen-train) I will say though that Gwen seems to have changed for the better and Paedon not so much.

• Like 13
15 hours ago, Irate Panda said:

Mykelti and Tony interviewed Ysabel for their Patreon…one of the gems from the interview was that when Ysabel was diagnosed at 14 with scoliosis Mykelti (21) thought scoliosis was an STD 🙃🤨.  Also, apparently we were right the Breanna, Ysabel stay at Meri’s that was shown on the show lasted 1 day.

Eta: *I didn’t get to listen to this so I don’t know what else was said but I’m not sure Mykelti hot takes on scoliosis and PPD leave me wondering if Tony’s mouth harmones have rattled her brain. This family’s take on science/biology/medicine is interesting to say the least.

According to Gwen, Kody and Robyn still aren’t vaccinated despite their strict covid “protoculls”. They way they acted you’d think they’d be first in line. 

• Like 12
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, TurtlePower said:

Kody and Robyn still aren’t vaccinated despite their strict covid “protoculls

To them, Covid came really "handy". It was the best excuse ever for not having to visit the other wives and their(!) kids or having to accompany Ysabel to NJ for her surgery. 

• Like 16
  • Applause 3
  • Love 2
9 hours ago, Elodia said:

Apparently Gwen has reached out to the person who posted the recabs and asked them to remove them. So the Gwen's and ToKelti's recabs are  no longer available. A lot of the content have been picked up by the media. Let's see if Gwen asks them to remove that content, too. 

I'm confused.  Why would Gwen have anything to say about Ysabel's interview?  None of her business, in my opinion.

Now if Ysabel had asked, that's another story.

• Like 9

Does Gwen honestly think that she can keep her content contained?

Instagram, tiktok, youtube, news outlets, message boards, bloggers, podcasts...

Once she puts something out there, it's out there. There is absolutely no way that she can control it.

Edited by Libby
  • Like 20
13 hours ago, Elodia said:

I’m a little confused as to Gwen’s motivation here— did she just want the recaps deleted so as to keep the content more exclusive to paying subscribers? Did Ysabel ask Gwen to do so, and why? Gwen’s own content is still out the asfaik. It makes no sense to me.

Is the original video with Ysabel by Myketi and Tony still available? 

• Useful 1

When Gwen asked the recapper to remove the recaps about her content, the recapper went ahead and deleted her Mykelti recaps too.

Gwen didn't ask her to remove the recaps about Mykelti's content. The recapper just deleted them to be nice.

• Useful 8

Regarding Gwen's request (as told by the Redditor). I can understand the request. The recap provided was a very lengthy recap. Gwen posts her edited videos on YouTube so anyone can see. But the recapper posted the recap prior to the public release. And that means no one would really need to go and watch the video. If someone is trying to build their channel, they need views. I don't think its unreasonable to wait on the recap until after the public release. And I doubt Gwen was asking to keep everything hush hush. It's just the length and the timing.

I'll also say that that recapper posted a bunch of times about "should I recap?" then the recap, then the "Gwen asked me to remove" post, and then "Maybe I should post this way" post and now they reposted the recap. LOL. So maybe there is something going on with the Redditor too

• Like 4
  • Useful 5
15 hours ago, LilyD said:

In my humble opinion, I see an awful lot of Christine in both Paedon and Gwen. Paedon maybe Kody 2.0 but the constant and loud whining and complete lack of a filter is very much Christine. The same goes for Gwen’s loud and awkward presence and comments in the past. She always rubbed people the wrong way and spoke a lot without thinking. (Sorry, I’m not on the Gwen-train) I will say though that Gwen seems to have changed for the better and Paedon not so much.

Gwen did say that she'd been recently diagnosed (since starting therapy) as being on the spectrum. Likely had something to do with her past behavior that seemed grating. Doesn't mean you or anyone has to like her, of course. Just gives some context.

• Like 9
On 1/19/2023 at 2:05 PM, zenme said:

Yes.  I used to think I was a people person until I worked in retail.  Now I see how petty and cheap people are. Ugh.   I no longer work in retail.  I wonder if a time will come where Robyn no longer works in retail as well.

Wait, WHUT??? Robbyn WORKS in retail?? ROBBYN WORKS AT ALL??? When did this occur?

• Like 2
  • LOL 2
8 minutes ago, goofygirl said:

Wait, WHUT??? Robbyn WORKS in retail?? ROBBYN WORKS AT ALL??? When did this occur?

No. She actually doesn’t. Just a reference to her saying she treats Kody as though he’s her best customer, and the reason the other wives struggle in their marriages with him. They don’t treat Kody as though he’s their best customer.

• Like 6
  • Applause 1
12 hours ago, Cetacean said:

I'm confused.  Why would Gwen have anything to say about Ysabel's interview?  None of her business, in my opinion.

Now if Ysabel had asked, that's another story.

Gwen reached out to the poster of Gwen' recap and asked them to remove it because it "takes the livelihood" of her. So the poster did as Gwen requested and deleted Mykelti's recap too. Afaik, Mykelti didn't reach out to the poster.

9 hours ago, Adiba said:

I’m a little confused as to Gwen’s motivation here— did she just want the recaps deleted so as to keep the content more exclusive to paying subscribers? Did Ysabel ask Gwen to do so, and why? Gwen’s own content is still out the asfaik. It makes no sense to me.

Yes, it's apparently all about the money. Afaik, Ysabel did not ask, but the poster did delete all recaps she wrote on reddit. 

• Like 3
  • Useful 2
13 hours ago, Teafortwo said:

Gwen did say that she'd been recently diagnosed (since starting therapy) as being on the spectrum. Likely had something to do with her past behavior that seemed grating. Doesn't mean you or anyone has to like her, of course. Just gives some context.

This can be an issue for people on the spectrum. It is with me. No matter how hard I try, somehow I come across “wrong”. It’s hard trying to mold myself into what neurotypicals expect. So, I empathise with her. 

• Like 13
  • Hugs 3
  • Love 1

I guess if you're the kids of the least favored wife, and you grew up watching your dad fawn all over his new bonus kids, and then the time between seeing your dad went from a little bit to almost never, and your mom finally extricated herself from his grip, you might as well strike while the iron is hot and get some money by spilling family secrets as a way to purposefully or subconsciously get back at your dad - so I can see why it's Paedon, Mykelti and Gwen doing most of the talking now.  But as was mentioned above, they can't take back what they say, so they really should be careful.

I watched Gwen's latest episode recap (with Ysabel's graduation/17th 18th birthday party) and I found it sweet when Gwen talked about how Ysabel deserves the world because she is the sweetest person and might be the only one who gets along with everyone in the family.  For two sisters so close in age, I found that refreshing.  I haven't been minding Gwen's episode recaps, I feel like her reactions are real and some of them are surprising. 

• Like 16
4 hours ago, TurtlePower said:

This can be an issue for people on the spectrum. It is with me. No matter how hard I try, somehow I come across “wrong”. It’s hard trying to mold myself into what neurotypicals expect. So, I empathise with her. 

I do too. It cannot have been easy growing up in that situation for any of them, but particularly for someone on the spectrum but not diagnosed. Another failure of health/well-being care from the parents. But then, Kody is on record denying that Dayton is too ("he's quirky). Blech.

• Like 9
  • Useful 3