Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler, Speculation and Social Media

• Start Topic

35 minutes ago, Sandy W said:

It seems as if he's reached the point where he can't be bothered to even go through the motions of pretending he still subscribes to the polygamous life.  

Janelle may be allowed to linger on as a friend of the family but she will be on her own financially and as a parent.  Christine has made her exit as gracefully as possible, that only leaves Meri to dispense with and she is still buzzing around like an annoying gnat.

This just HAS to be their final season, the whole premise of the show is gone and it's time to wrap it up.

I really hope so. Christine’s moved on and the rest of them are just kinda boring — Meri complains (yet stays), Janelle seems indifferent and Robyn has won the “prize” that is Kody. Game over. 

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 9
1 hour ago, TurtlePower said:

I really hope so. Christine’s moved on and the rest of them are just kinda boring — Meri complains (yet stays), Janelle seems indifferent and Robyn has won the “prize” that is Kody. Game over. 

I wanted to conclude with: And they lived happily ever after...

But in fairytales this only applies to the good ones as  the bad ones always die or disappear, which is obviously not the case with the Browns.  And you can't possibly call a polygamous life a fairytale, can you?

So yes @TurtlePower, your Game Over is definitely more appropriate!

• Love 5

If ever there was a visual representation of why polygamy isn't healthy, it's this. The poster children for dysfunctional, jealous, hateful family relationships, I present Exhibit A, the only example anyone need ever look at (someone please submit this to Wikipedia to post under 'Polygamy'):

image.png.9792afc7cfde18bd967155ccb0bc172d.png

Thought Bubbles by gingerella:

Janelle: I wasted my life for this hot mess?

Meri: Bitch, I literally gave you my husband and you diss me like this?!?

Robyn: Fuck me, I wanted the family and wound up with the Douchebag.

KoDouche: These bitches...

Edited by gingerella
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 20
  • Love 2
On 9/4/2022 at 10:42 AM, Sandy W said:

It seems as if he's reached the point where he can't be bothered to even go through the motions of pretending he still subscribes to the polygamous life. 

Kody has (kinda) pointed the blame of his fall of belief on Christine. The ExMormons subReddit call it "shelf breaking" to explain the sudden fall from belief to no belief.  In one of his rants he points out a conversation(s) where Christine is trying to get through to him to understand the pain and struggle of a woman in polygamy as a time that he stopped believing. Since their doctrine points out that unhappiness is a personal failing and only through prayer and "fixing yourself" can you find the joy that is promised when you live "the Principle".

I would not be surprised if Kody not only lashes out at Christine because she didn't work hard enough for the family and had the audacity to actually up and leave, but also that she is responsible for also destroying his religious beliefs. I can see his narrow minded and self centered personality blaming her.

• Like 8
  • Sad 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 9

Not sure where to put this, but I saw a clip from the upcoming season on FB where Kody is telling Robyn that Christine moved him out of her house, and Robyn told Kody something like, well then you'll have to sleep on the couch...to which Kody replied, why would I sleep on the couch?  If I understood correctly, the gist of that conversation was that on the nights that Kody is supposed to be at Christine's, he needs to sleep on the couch at Robyn's (and his) house?  Because.....he's supposed to be at Christine's house so technically he can't be in two places at the same time and she's solving it by making him sleep on the couch?  Did anyone else see this and if so - do you speak semi-fluent Robyn because I was as confused as Kody, and that's not a good state of mind, let me tell you.

That said, I am ashamed at how much I am looking forward to this season.  Got my bottle of Two-Buck Chuck merlot waiting, just need to buy the microwave popcorn and I'm all set.

• Wink 2
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 4
34 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

Not sure where to put this, but I saw a clip from the upcoming season on FB where Kody is telling Robyn that Christine moved him out of her house, and Robyn told Kody something like, well then you'll have to sleep on the couch...to which Kody replied, why would I sleep on the couch?  If I understood correctly, the gist of that conversation was that on the nights that Kody is supposed to be at Christine's, he needs to sleep on the couch at Robyn's (and his) house?  Because.....he's supposed to be at Christine's house so technically he can't be in two places at the same time and she's solving it by making him sleep on the couch?  Did anyone else see this and if so - do you speak semi-fluent Robyn because I was as confused as Kody, and that's not a good state of mind, let me tell you.

That said, I am ashamed at how much I am looking forward to this season.  Got my bottle of Two-Buck Chuck merlot waiting, just need to buy the microwave popcorn and I'm all set.

She was telling him to stay at Christine's and sleep on the couch there if Christine didn't want him in her bed. When he asked why he should do that, she said in case Christine comes down and wants to talk. A lame attempt by Robyn to make it seem like she's a peace maker and is looking out for her sisterwife. She's such a phoney.

• Like 5
  • Applause 2
  • Useful 5
  • Love 4

That makes more sense, lol - but that whole scene was so staged, I cringed.  Robyn needs to get better at reading her lines.  Loved how she was just sittin' there with a pencil and a small lined notebook because she's so busy and creative, y'all.

• LOL 11
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, laurakaye said:

That makes more sense, lol - but that whole scene was so staged, I cringed.  Robyn needs to get better at reading her lines.  Loved how she was just sittin' there with a pencil and a small lined notebook because she's so busy and creative, y'all.

Yeah, maybe the question should have been, "What DOES Robyn do???"

• LOL 10
  • Love 2

I've been watching previews of the upcoming season over on Without A Crystal Ball and she has one of Kody saying, "Here's the thing. Christine was great - GREAAAT - at being able to mother Janelle's kids, but she was never willing to mother - or be a good mother - to Robyn's kids." What a piece of shit he is. Well, some great sleuth out there found a couch scene with all of them (from Season 8 I think) where Christine actually says to Robyn - with Kody sitting right next to her - that she was hurt that Robyn hired a nanny (her niece) and never let her take care of her kids. And Robyn gets kind of low and says something like, Christine, are you really going to do this here? Robyn puts so much shit in Kody's ear and lets him do the dirty work, but she is pulling all the strings, IMO. Here's the video of Kody being a POS:

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Love 8

Janelle tests positive for COVID-19; Kody confides in Robyn about his troubles with Christine; Kody and Christine sit down to have a tense discussion about the future of their marriage, which leaves Christine feeling empowered and Kody defeated.

Quote taken from the summary of the first episode due to air next week. Maybe we should skip it altogether as even people who are not in the Brown-news loop could have predicted what was to happen!

• Of course Janelle catches Covid (this was at the height of the pandemic) with her lenient attitude towards Covid.
  • Of course Robyn knows all about the state of Christine's marriage. She's Robyn...
  • Of course Christine comes out the victor leaving Kody behind fuming and defeated.

I know...I'm naive but I really hoped for some interesting content....

• Like 2
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, LilyD said:

Well, Kody told Gabe in case Janelle will get covid, it would be him who would take care of her. Should be interesting😉(Of course I know Kody couldn't care less. But do you think he even tries to help her?) 

• Like 5
  • Sad 1
20 minutes ago, Elodia said:

Well, Kody told Gabe in case Janelle will get covid, it would be him who would take care of her. Should be interesting😉(Of course I know Kody couldn't care less. But do you think he even tries to help her?) 

A resounding NO.  Gabe and Garrison were probably the ones that took care of their mother.  Sobbyn probably forbade Kootie doing it, even if he wanted to do it, which I doubt.

She (Sobbyn) would say, oh honey, Sol and Princess Ari can't stand it when you're away for 10 minutes!  Sobbyn owns Kootie's gonads.

• Like 5
26 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

Another clip:

As if he is really interested in the kids or in being a good parent to them. And even if he was, Robyn would nip that in the bud. He is just grandstanding.  

• Applause 2
  • Love 9
1 hour ago, Liddy52 said:

As if he is really interested in the kids or in being a good parent to them. And even if he was, Robyn would nip that in the bud. He is just grandstanding.  

Narcissist Kootie will never own his selfish behavior.  He is an expert at blaming everyone else, and acting like he shouldn't be responsible for anything shitty that he does.  He's a pro at gaslighting and accusing others for things he won't admit being a part of.

What a loathsome, sorry excuse for a man.  

• Like 2
  • Applause 4
  • Love 10

The clip also proves he's an idiot.  Parents separate and divorce all the time and remain good parents.  Kody has never been a good parent and I'm doubtful he knows what being an adult really is.  One doesn't have to stay tied to a jerk for the children and in fact it's usually detrimental to all involved to pretend a relationship exists that doesn't.

• Like 4
  • Applause 4
  • Love 9
12 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Another clip:

What. An. ASSHOLE.

No, Kody, parents do not always “make it work” for the kids, you archaic idiot. Parents often split to save the kids from unimaginable arguments and pain. But others’ well being doesn’t concern Kody, only Kody matters to Kody.

How scary it must have been for her to leave. He tried to guilt her into staying, and she still left. And he’s NEVER been a good parent to those kids!! 

• Like 2
  • Applause 8
  • Love 4
42 minutes ago, TurtlePower said:

No, Kody, parents do not always “make it work” for the kids, you archaic idiot.

Parents you married Kody.  Parents who have you adopt their kids and put your face on a creepy picture.  It’s happening closer to your home than you know, Kody.  

• Like 3
  • Applause 2

Gotta give Kody props for being consistently inconsistent. He expects Janelle's kids to be permanently ejected from her home at 18. But when Christine announces she's leaving town, he makes it about staying together for "the kids." By the time she departed, Gwen was over 18 and Ysabel was done with high school and off to North Carolina. That leaves only Truely between them - to whom he's never shown more than the smallest shred of interest.

Did he expect Christine to stay in Flagstaff for Robyn's kids?!

I'm hoping Christine took heart from the fact that this conversation was being filmed and that it helped give her the courage to leave. Something good that would come from the public exposure of this private matter.

ETA She could also have pointed out that she was moving to be closer to Aspyn, Mykelti, the grands and Paedon - and Kody had the option of moving to Utah if he wanted to live close to "the kids" too.

Edited by Teafortwo
  • Like 6
  • Love 12
42 minutes ago, Teafortwo said:

Gotta give Kody props for being consistently inconsistent. He expects Janelle's kids to be permanently ejected from her home at 18. But when Christine announces she's leaving town, he makes it about staying together for "the kids." By the time she departed, Gwen was over 18 and Ysabel was done with high school and off to North Carolina. That leaves only Truely between them - to whom he's never shown more than the smallest shred of interest.

Did he expect Christine to stay in Flagstaff for Robyn's kids?!

I'm hoping Christine took heart from the fact that this conversation was being filmed and that it helped give her the courage to leave. Something good that would come from the public exposure of this private matter.

ETA She could also have pointed out that she was moving to be closer to Aspyn, Mykelti, the grands and Paedon - and Kody had the option of moving to Utah if he wanted to live close to "the kids" too.

Such good points. I’m sure Kody’s reasons for wanting to keep Christine and Truely in the same state were self-serving and deceitful. And I think we can start inserting the word “show” for all the times Kody says the word “family”. 

Edited by Just Wondering
  • Like 4
  • Applause 3
  • Love 8
On 9/4/2022 at 3:16 PM, gingerella said:

If ever there was a visual representation of why polygamy isn't healthy, it's this. The poster children for dysfunctional, jealous, hateful family relationships, I present Exhibit A, the only example anyone need ever look at (someone please submit this to Wikipedia to post under 'Polygamy'):

Robyn looks like she's ready for her coven meeting.  😛

• Like 2
  • LOL 12
  • Love 1
On 9/8/2022 at 6:32 AM, LilyD said:

Quote taken from the summary of the first episode due to air next week. Maybe we should skip it altogether as even people who are not in the Brown-news loop could have predicted what was to happen!

• Of course Janelle catches Covid (this was at the height of the pandemic) with her lenient attitude towards Covid.
  • Of course Robyn knows all about the state of Christine's marriage. She's Robyn...
  • Of course Christine comes out the victor leaving Kody behind fuming and defeated.

Kody had it. He stated it on one of his cameos. I wonder which of them got it first. 😒 

• Like 3
  • Useful 2
10 hours ago, Art Of Noiz said:

Kody had it. He stated it on one of his cameos. I wonder which of them got it first. 😒 

I think I read somewhere that it was the nanny or the nanny's husband that brought covid into the Kody/Robyn household.

• Love 1
On 9/4/2022 at 3:16 PM, gingerella said:

They all look so happy don't they!

I only feel for the pain of broken homes they will inflict on eighteen kids.

Someone get a screen shot of kodouche with his head down -

please 

• Love 4
5 hours ago, Sandy W said:

I think I read somewhere that it was the nanny or the nanny's husband that brought covid into the Kody/Robyn household.

Yes, it was. Husband got it first, then the nanny.  Yet Robin & Kootie trusted them more than their fambly members, who didn't catch Covid until later. And Kootie actually mentioned before the nanny's Covid scandal that he didn't follow his/Sobyn's protocol while at Janelle's Mom's funeral.

Edited by deirdra
  • Love 3

I am not going to spoil anything but I could not resist and watched on Discovery Plus - it is a doozy and I cannot wait to watch again and go along with the chat tonight.

I was worried with all the preview clips they dropped that not much else would be revealed - but it did not come close to spoiling everything!  PLEASE make sure to watch the whole thing because there is so much interspersed that they did not reveal in the clips. I feel like I have been watching this train wreck for so long and this episode made it worth it. There is SO much I want to say but cannot until after it airs tonight. 

Oh and the-grey-lady I am so looking forward to your recap. 

Happy Viewing! This does not disappoint!!

Edited by zamp33
Edited because I needed to rewrite a sentence that was missing words - I am way too excited and trying NOT to spoil anything.
  • Like 6
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4

So watching the clips about Robyn insisting he still sleep there on his assigned nights and I have to ask could this be about money?  Could the concern be if he physically leaves the house he gets nothing when she sells it?  Am not familiar with US laws in this area.

• Like 1
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Wink 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, zamp33 said:

Thank you! I should be embarrassed by how excited I am to write it.

And I hope no one minds I threw my hat into the ring! Not trying to step on any toes over here!

Edited by the-grey-lady
  • Like 2
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 6
7 minutes ago, the-grey-lady said:

And I hope no one minds I threw my hat into the ring! Not trying to step on any toes over here!

I have seen your recaps before on the forum, haven't I?  I'm sure I have.  

Yay!  I can't wait!  Thank you.  ❤️

• Like 5
2 hours ago, Castina said:

So watching the clips about Robyn insisting he still sleep there on his assigned nights 

I'm sure it was only for the camera to support her "I never do anything that would hurt this family" fictional narrative. We know from other scenes over the years that she has phoned Kody 5 minutes after he arrives at Meri's and multiple times when he is with Christine's kids. So he may be physically present for assigned times with the other 3 families, but on his phone with Robyn most of the time. 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, the-grey-lady said:

Yay!! I can't believe the new season is finally here!!  🥳

I'm eagerly awaiting your recap, they always have me rolling with laughter!! 

• Love 3
1 minute ago, Dustbunny said:

Yay!! I can't believe the new season is finally here!!  🥳

I'm eagerly awaiting your recap, they always have me rolling with laughter!! 

Oh, thank you! What a nice thing to say! This season promises to be a doozy! I anticipate lots of sarcasm. And mocking of Kody.

• Like 1
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, xwordfanatik said:

I have seen your recaps before on the forum, haven't I?  I'm sure I have.  

Yay!  I can't wait!  Thank you.  ❤️

You have, a few seasons back!

Is it too much to ask that Kody's hair looks even worse this season? I feel like it isn't.

• Like 1
  • Love 6
4 hours ago, zamp33 said:

I am not going to spoil anything but I could not resist and watched on Discovery Plus - it is a doozy and I cannot wait to watch again and go along with the chat tonight.

I was worried with all the preview clips they dropped that not much else would be revealed - but it did not come close to spoiling everything!  PLEASE make sure to watch the whole thing because there is so much interspersed that they did not reveal in the clips. I feel like I have been watching this train wreck for so long and this episode made it worth it. There is SO much I want to say but cannot until after it airs tonight. 

Happy Viewing! This does not disappoint!!

I watched too. 😳

• Love 4
23 hours ago, Castina said:

So watching the clips about Robyn insisting he still sleep there on his assigned nights and I have to ask could this be about money?  Could the concern be if he physically leaves the house he gets nothing when she sells it?  Am not familiar with US laws in this area.

I’m sure you’re on to something. It would make sense.
I also think Kody would rather visit his daughters infrequently at Christine’s than be forced to have his visitation with them at Robyn’s. 

I noticed Kody’s silent reaction when Christine called him out on only sleeping with her once or twice a year. He was probably wincing because Robyn didn’t even know it was that often. 

• Love 6
23 minutes ago, Just Wondering said:

I noticed Kody’s silent reaction when Christine called him out on only sleeping with her once or twice a year. He was probably wincing because Robyn didn’t even know it was that often. 

Ha ha!  He probably had Robyn convinced that he hadn't had an intimate marriage with Christine since Truely was conceived.

• Love 5
1 minute ago, deirdra said:

Ha ha!  He probably had Robyn convinced that he hadn't had an intimate marriage with Christine since Truely was conceived.

How predatory is that? Get rid of a woman in every emotional, mental way, then hit it once or twice a year when the mood strikes. 

• Sad 4
6 minutes ago, Just Wondering said:

I also Just realized Kody inadvertently  gave something away when he was insisting Christine not get a greedy boyfriend. That is what Meri did. So Kody just admitted that Meri had gotten her own post-divorce boyfriend. That divorce was real. Change my mind. 

I suspect a greedy boyfriend is the last thing on Christine's mind. Now that she knows she can support herself & Truely, she can wait for someone who isn't a soul-crushing deadweight like Kootie. Perhaps someone with a good job, health coverage and a future pension. She saw greedy Robyn coming for the fambly assets from a mile away, unlike Kootie, who still cannot see how Robyn manipulates everyone.

Edited by deirdra
  • Love 8
2 minutes ago, deirdra said:

I suspect a greedy boyfriend is the last thing on Christine's mind. Now that she knows she can support herself & Truely, she can wait for someone who isn't a soul-crushing deadweight like Kootie. Perhaps someone with a good job, health coverage and a future pension.

Kody’s just assuming all these women can Get is catfished. That’s all he’s worried about.

• Sad 2
  • Love 1

So I'm no legal expert but I know the conventional wisdom in a divorce is to not leave the house. BUT - Kody and Christine have never been married. In terms of home ownership, if his name isn't on the deed, then he has no claim to the home, regardless of how often he visits or sleeps there. I suppose he might have some sort of tenant claim, maybe?

Honestly, the financial and legal considerations are pretty mind boggling and I don't see how they could even begin to sort it out in a court of law - not to mention that lawyers would cost a fortune that none of the Browns have...

• Like 1
  • Useful 2
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Just Wondering said:

Kody’s just assuming all these women can Get is catfished. That’s all he’s worried about.

Yes!  He's assuming that since he discarded them, no one else will love them, for being who they are, and they'll all be gold diggers (gee, that's kind of what Sobbyn turned out to be, isn't it?  Ha!)

He rilly IS pathetic, with a capital P.  Egotistical beyond belief.

• Like 6
  • Applause 1
  • Love 3
13 hours ago, deirdra said:

I suspect a greedy boyfriend is the last thing on Christine's mind. Now that she knows she can support herself & Truely, she can wait for someone who isn't a soul-crushing deadweight like Kootie. Perhaps someone with a good job, health coverage and a future pension. She saw greedy Robyn coming for the fambly assets from a mile away, unlike Kootie, who still cannot see how Robyn manipulates everyone.

Even if he did, he wouldn’t care. The other wives don’t matter to him, except when he needs to exert some control over them and make sure they don’t make him look bad by leaving the flock.

At some point, however, he might just give up — especially when this train wreck is cancelled and there’s no one left to keep the act up for. 

• Love 5
21 hours ago, Elizzikra said:

So I'm no legal expert but I know the conventional wisdom in a divorce is to not leave the house. BUT - Kody and Christine have never been married. In terms of home ownership, if his name isn't on the deed, then he has no claim to the home, regardless of how often he visits or sleeps there. I suppose he might have some sort of tenant claim, maybe?

Honestly, the financial and legal considerations are pretty mind boggling and I don't see how they could even begin to sort it out in a court of law - not to mention that lawyers would cost a fortune that none of the Browns have...

Kody's name was intertwined with Christine on the Flagstaff house. Either with the financing or the deed filing and maybe both. The first inkling online was when someone posted about a change in Christines house through public records and then shortly after refinancing in her name only, she put her house up for sale.  I am assuming that people check these things, because when anything happens that is in the public domain, it seems to pop up online very quickly.

I have a sinking suspicion that in Kody's small mind all the money is "his" since he is the "head of the family" and then he doles out the portions for the wives budgets. But it can easily be said that since all of them play an equal role on the television show it should be split 5 ways. So he would think that Christine would end up with a "user" who would "steal his money", because he is still God of Coyote Pass and all that he surveys.

• Like 3
  • Love 6